PDA

View Full Version : OT: Guys who watch Multiple sports..How would you rank the league's officiating?

apalisoc_9
11-21-2016, 05:24 PM
I only watch soccer, NBA and occasionally NHL.

Soccer
NHL
NBA

I hear a ton a whinning from commercial ball all the time but seems like the MLB has the best officiating but it also requires the least amount of calls so...

Robz4000
11-21-2016, 05:28 PM
NFL is the worst followed by NBA. Honestly, MLB and NHL aren't too bad officiating-wise. Don't watch enough Soccer to say but I always hear it's the worst of pro sports.

RD2191
11-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Why did you put a non sport at #1?

apalisoc_9
11-21-2016, 05:39 PM
NFL is the worst followed by NBA. Honestly, MLB and NHL aren't too bad officiating-wise. Don't watch enough Soccer to say but I always hear it's the worst of pro sports.

Soccer officiating for the most part is decent. I think the fans in general just complain whatever...but from a technical standpoint, Soccer refs do their best to make themselves invinsible..but bad games has happened and one call in soccer changes everything.

JohnnyMax
11-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Seattle gets game changing favorable calls every week.

webshad
11-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Boxing and MMA might be worse. Obviously, I'm talking about the end judgement, not the ref per say.

A single loss in those two sports can ruin a career.

A single loss in team sports doesn't affect as much, you always have next year.

lefty
11-21-2016, 06:02 PM
I hear a ton a whinning from commercial ball all the time but seems like the MLB has the best officiating but it also requires the least amount of calls so...

:lol

apalisoc_9
11-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Boxing and MMA might be worse. Obviously, I'm talking about the end judgement, not the ref per say.

A single loss in those two sports can ruin a career.

A single loss in team sports doesn't affect as much, you always have next year.

Agree..

Would you supoort a punches landed or hits landed based scoring in boxing?

Clipper Nation
11-21-2016, 06:54 PM
The MLB's officiating is trash. We have computers now that can do a much better job of calling balls and strikes than the home-plate umps, but the MLB refuses to make the switch because "muh tradition, muh human element." Translation: they don't want their beloved Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals and Cubs to have to do without their rigged strike zones. So the rest of us are stuck with old faggot umps who get one out of every three close pitches wrong.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article105378146.html

The replay system is a joke, too. Even with multiple angles in slow-mo, they still find a way to get obvious calls wrong all the time.

Clipper Nation
11-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Seattle gets game changing favorable calls every week.
The Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers and Broncos get every call and no-call imaginable to help them win, it's sickening.

AlexJones
11-21-2016, 07:08 PM
1. NBA
2. MLB
3. NHL
4. NFL (WOAT)

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2016, 07:20 PM
As hard as it is to believe, the NBA has the best officiating, tbh..

NFL is the worst, unless you consider Boxing/MMA judging, as webshad said..

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2016, 07:21 PM
The Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers and Broncos get every call and no-call imaginable to help them win, it's sickening.

:lol in a year where the Chargers were gifted a W vs. Denver with a penalty disparity of 103 yards to 20..historic..

DAF86
11-21-2016, 11:26 PM
Shots fired within the krew, tbh.

midnightpulp
11-22-2016, 01:24 AM
1. MLB
2. Regular season NBA
3. Playoff NBA
85. Gymnastics
86. Art competitions
87. American Idol
88. Figure skating
999. National Foobaw League

phyzik
11-22-2016, 02:19 AM
In terms of difficulty, I think the NBA has some of the best refs around... the problem is there just isn't enough of the good ones, and the rest are just horrible. It is to the point you can guess an outcome based on who the lead ref is.

The bad refs in the NBA are egregious in comparison to other leagues. There just isn't enough parity. It is like night and day comparing the good refs to the bad refs... That is the main issue I have with the NBA officials.

11-22-2016, 05:58 AM
MLB
NFL
NBA
Poverty Ball

benefactor
11-22-2016, 07:51 AM
NFL

all other sports

urunobili
11-22-2016, 08:49 AM
From worst to best:

NFL
NBA
MLB
NHL
MLS

Chinook
11-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Rubgy and AFL refs seem fantastic, but I don't see the sport enough to know some of the fouls independently of them being called. I really like that it seems like the refs are in control of those games, though.

NFL is the hardest game to call, so I'll give the refs some slack. If they didn't have that "call on the field" shit, they'd be the best of the domestic sports.

MLB has a lot less to look at, but those guys have some great eyes.

NBA refs are solid, but there's too much shit with superstar calls and inconsistent control of the mood.

Soccer refs suck. Dude's flop way too much without getting called on it.

Brazil
11-22-2016, 10:47 AM
Soccer ref are in fact pretty good if you consider that they have near no technological help... I am always surprised they call most of the offsides correctly tbh... Now they are the worst obviously when my team is playing, in that sense I'm like most of the fans.

Rugby ref are easily the best of all sports I'm following, they are also helped by a culture and education of ref respect... rugby players can be dirty mofo but you will never see a rugby player getting mad at ref decision... it's quite amazing.

I don't think NFL ref are that bad, this sport is plagued by books and books of obscure rules, I also agree that call on the field is retarded.

I'd go like from best to worst (not considering the easy ones like volleyball) and boxing, artistic stuff and the ones I don't watch (NHL, beisbol)

Rugby
Handball
Soccer
NBA
NFL

TrainOfThought5
11-22-2016, 12:37 PM
As hard as it is to believe, the NBA has the best officiating, tbh..

NFL is the worst, unless you consider Boxing/MMA judging, as webshad said..

DJR210
11-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Perfect display of the NFL's shitty refs last night.. Fucked the Texans on a TD, and a crucial 4th down at the end

Chinook
11-22-2016, 02:39 PM
The thing about the NFL is that probably has the most off-ball actions of any sport. You can determine fair/foul safe/out easily enough, because that's all you have to see. But holding? PI? Illegal touching? There's so much going on all the time.

Thebesteva
11-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Nothing is as titanically corrupt as the NBA. The NFL has its moments but its not as consistent as the NBA. NHL is good and I dont watch MLB.

webshad
11-22-2016, 09:12 PM
Agree..

Would you supoort a punches landed or hits landed based scoring in boxing?

No, compubox is total crap, and we can't have judges doing replays because that will give the fighter too much rest time and ruin the sports.

It has to be the quality of the punches landed, not those slaps like Joe Calzaghe use to throw.

webshad
11-22-2016, 09:13 PM
Nothing is as titanically corrupt as the NBA. The NFL has its moments but its not as consistent as the NBA. NHL is good and I dont watch MLB.

No punch intended, but reminds of the Kings vs Lakers series. Such a scam.

dfens
11-24-2016, 08:18 PM
football > NBA. I don't watch ice hockey or american rugby.

hater
11-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Dont watch refrigerator ball tbh. Borings as fuck same as fat ball

But tbqh the refs of FIFA make the NBA refs look like mother Teresas