PDA

View Full Version : ESPN TrueHoop podcast TD conspiracy theory, and if MVParker washed up?

$pursDynasty
11-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Listening to today's November 22nd TrueHoop podcast. They open the podcast asking if MVParker is washed up. Notorious Spur hater Amin Elhassan is channeling his inner Krew saying he is definitely done but will show flashes. Blah, blah blah nothing new here but some may enjoy it. Near the middle of the podcast they bring up an interesting conspiracy theory that Tim the Goat isn't done but this is just the best version of Pop's rest plan ever and if there was any way he can rejoin the team late in the year. One mentions the number retirement, but they say that doesn't rule out his ability to return. I doubt it is going to happen but I just closed my eyes and allowed myself to believe for a second it could be true, and I smiled. It is a good listen and very Spurs centric.

Spur|n|Austin
11-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Someone coming back after their jersey is retired is corny AF. Tim isn't coming out of retirement.

SpursforSix
11-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Someone coming back after their jersey is retired is corny AF. Tim isn't coming out of retirement.

Maybe Timmy will come back as number 9.

lefty
11-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Conspiracy theory?

It has been a well known fact for a while

Joseph Kony
11-22-2016, 12:54 PM
If they hadn't announced his jersey retirement then maybe, but Tim doesn't seem like the person to go thru all this and then turn around and unretire, imo

DAF86
11-22-2016, 12:56 PM
It isn't Ducan's style, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2016, 01:01 PM
he was waived isn't it against the rules to pick him back up in the same season?

Spur|n|Austin
11-22-2016, 01:17 PM
he was waived isn't it against the rules to pick him back up in the same season?

I don't think anyone has found a solid answer to that question, though I could have missed it.

NameLess Scrub
11-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Listening to today's November 22nd TrueHoop podcast. They open the podcast asking if MVParker is washed up. Notorious Spur hater Amin Elhassan is channeling his inner Krew saying he is definitely done but will show flashes. Blah, blah blah nothing new here but some may enjoy it. Near the middle of the podcast they bring up an interesting conspiracy theory that Tim the Goat isn't done but this is just the best version of Pop's rest plan ever and if there was any way he can rejoin the team late in the year. One mentions the number retirement, but they say that doesn't rule out his ability to return. I doubt it is going to happen but I just closed my eyes and allowed myself to believe for a second it could be true, and I smiled. It is a good listen and very Spurs centric.

Close your eyes again. Imagine he comes back with physical enhancements, and is again prime Timmy.

Cry from happiness.
Open your eyes.
Cry from sadness.

cd98
11-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Tim has too much respect for the process to jump onto the Spurs a week before the playoffs. And Pop is smart enough to know chemistry takes a season to build and throwing a new variable in an experiment at the last minute creates a greater possibility for things to blow up.

Mr. Body
11-22-2016, 01:56 PM
Tim Duncan isn't walking through that door.

boutons_deux
11-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Tim's 2nd bad knee, after months of rest, wouldn't let him workout this summer. GAMEOVER

GSH
11-22-2016, 02:01 PM
People cried for Robinson to come back for about two seasons. A lot of them swore that it was a sign, every time he showed up in the arena.

They were also pretty sure they saw Elvis having a Whataburger with Jim Morrison before the game.

TheDoctor
11-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Maybe Timmy will come back as number 9.
:lmao:lmao
:rollin

manufan10
11-22-2016, 03:42 PM

:lol

Sean Cagney
11-22-2016, 03:45 PM
If they hadn't announced his jersey retirement then maybe, but Tim doesn't seem like the person to go thru all this and then turn around and unretire, imo

NOPE, and he won't. He is done in this league and left that day in OKC. He is not coming back.

^^^^

spursistan
11-22-2016, 03:46 PM

JohnnyMax
11-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Here is podcast

Parker, Duncan and Kanye: 11/21/16 — TrueHoop
https://overcast.fm/+ETRpZzLcg/0:27 (https://overcast.fm/+ETRpZzLcg/0:27)

http://i.imgur.com/jxFYV54.png

11-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Even if Tim wanted to, he couldn't come back.

sasaint
11-22-2016, 04:54 PM
People cried for Robinson to come back for about two seasons. A lot of them swore that it was a sign, every time he showed up in the arena.

They were also pretty sure they saw Elvis having a Whataburger with Jim Morrison before the game.

You know that it would be untrue.
You know that I would be a liar
If I were to say to you
Tim is gonna un-retire.

SAGirl
11-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Agreed.
He would get the retirement tour for his few games that he didn't want and be a distraction with all the media attention that he doesn't like either.
It's just no like him at all.
For better or worse the team and Tim have moved on.
:depressed

$pursDynasty
11-22-2016, 05:01 PM
The most un-Spur like thing ever. But in Bizzaro world would be cool for Tim to come out and claim his return at the number retirement ceremony and claim he is ready to show the Dubs what real Super Villains look like, and show Lebron who his daddy is. The Spurs go on to smirkingly destroy the league and grant no player interviews, in a very pro-wrestling heel sort of way.

GSH
11-22-2016, 06:20 PM
You know that it would be untrue.
You know that I would be a liar
If I were to say to you
Tim is gonna un-retire.

Oh, jeez... did you really just do that? You didn't just do that. :lol

It's a shame. The only people I could tell that to are people who've already read it here.

sasaint
11-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Oh, jeez... did you really just do that? You didn't just do that. :lol

It's a shame. The only people I could tell that to are people who've already read it here.

You provided the perfect assist. What? I'm supposed to eschew the slam-dunk? :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Even if Tim wanted to, he couldn't come back.

You mean like Jordan?:lol

SpursIndonesia
11-22-2016, 10:30 PM
You mean like Jordan?:lol

Apples and Oranges, my friend. I've accepted that it would be detrimental to Tim's long term health & quality of life forcing those creaking knees into playing professional basketball any longer. :)

SpurPadre
11-22-2016, 10:37 PM
The thing with TD is that he's so private about what he does away from the court. Who knows what kind of therapy and workout regimen he's been on since the Thunder series. Yeah, we've seen him show up to a couple practices and then leave but we don't know if he's been rehabbing those knees in the hopes to give it one more go. People talk about what his style is but he doesn't have a style. He marches to the beat of his own drum. That's why I'm not ruling out anything on him coming back.

timtonymanu
11-22-2016, 10:51 PM

Play Boban
11-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Timmy is washed up.

T Park
11-22-2016, 11:48 PM
Duncan wanted to come back.

Both knees will not allow it.

Play Boban
11-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Duncan wanted to come back.

Both knees will not allow it.
Plus Porker is a toxic influence on this team. Maybe Timmy would've given us another year if Porker hadn't wrecked Timmy's marriage by cheating with Amy.

DenialTwist
11-23-2016, 05:38 AM
TrueHoop is washed up. They need to rename it WarriorsHoop because all of them are GSW homers.

jsandiego
11-23-2016, 12:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BxvxL.gif

NameLess Scrub
11-23-2016, 12:30 PM
The most un-Spur like thing ever. But in Bizzaro world would be cool for Tim to come out and claim his return at the number retirement ceremony and claim he is ready to show the Dubs what real Super Villains look like, and show Lebron who his daddy is. The Spurs go on to smirkingly destroy the league and grant no player interviews, in a very pro-wrestling heel sort of way.

:lol That'd be pretty great. A shame Timmy didn't retire with a lot left in the tank like MJ used to do :lol