PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Michael Jordan received a Presidential Medal of Freedom

StrengthAndHonor
11-22-2016, 07:54 PM
President Barack Obama awarded the nation's highest civilian honor to 21 groundbreaking actors, musicians, athletes and innovators who inspired him over the years and "helped make me who I am."

"Everybody on this stage has touched me in a very powerful, personal way, in ways that they probably couldn't imagine," Obama said in concluding an hour-long ceremony Tuesday in the White House East Room.

Obama said the people receiving the medal helped push America forward and inspired millions around the world.

There's something wrong with this picture tbh, I can think of a million military men and women that have done far, far more than DK. Never mind the fact, Jordan made millions of dollars from inner city kids. Has Jordan really given anything back to his community?

benefactor
11-22-2016, 07:58 PM
Jordan has duped most of the world into believing his not one of the worst human beings breathing oxygen

djohn2oo8
11-22-2016, 08:10 PM
you know this burns Harlem's hemorrhoids lol

apalisoc_9
11-22-2016, 08:13 PM
Muscian, actos, athletes...

These are the guys that humanity looks up to now as heores and as Idols. These dudes would have been nothing before...We could be instead giving these awards to doctors who saved the most lives..but no.

Humanity is screwed. The Media puppets awarded these awards.

Clipper Nation
11-22-2016, 08:20 PM
DK is one of the leading causes of death for black Americans. Shame on Obama's self-loathing racist ass for giving that scumbag an award.

Mitch
11-22-2016, 08:41 PM
DK is one of the leading causes of death for black Americans. Shame on Obama's self-loathing racist ass for giving that scumbag an award.

Some truth to that, tbh. Black community kills for Js

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Osama is a Bulls fans.:lol

lefty
11-22-2016, 09:24 PM
you know this burns Harlem's hemorrhoids lol

:lol

Also Obama saying said MJ became an internet meme :lol

djohn2oo8
11-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Some truth to that, tbh. Black community kills for Js

They kill each other over anything.

djohn2oo8
11-22-2016, 09:59 PM

Yeah because blacks getting guns illegally isn't a bigger problem.

apalisoc_9
11-22-2016, 10:00 PM
They kill each other over anything.

White people have killed each other more than any other race.

djohn2oo8
11-22-2016, 10:08 PM
White people have killed each other more than any other race.

Well whites are a majority. Blacks are only a certain percentage of the country and much smaller percentage than whites. And young black males ages 18-34 are 10 times more likely to die by homicide than their counterparts. The point is its not shoes that are causing deaths. Its the mindsets.

ambchang
11-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Not sure how people can reasobky draw any inspiration from any celebrity. Celebrities are generally people who you don't know personally, have huge egos, have people kissing their butts around the clock, and totally detached from reality and the struggle of the common people. And yet people look up to them? Are teachers and parents really that horrible in the states?

apalisoc_9
11-23-2016, 12:21 AM
Not sure how people can reasobky draw any inspiration from any celebrity. Celebrities are generally people who you don't know personally, have huge egos, have people kissing their butts around the clock, and totally detached from reality and the struggle of the common people. And yet people look up to them? Are teachers and parents really that horrible in the states?

Can't believe I agree with this dude, but not to defend the US..is t this common everywhere else except for middle Eastern countries?

whitemamba
11-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Where the fuck is harlem?

lefty
11-23-2016, 02:03 AM
Where the fuck is harlem?

Working OT so he can buy Air Jordans

TDMVPDPOY
11-23-2016, 02:31 AM
building homes in the form of prisons...lmao

Spurtacular
11-23-2016, 06:46 AM
They can stop calling the medal "the highest civilian honor." That's just a joke.

Chillen
11-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Pretty sure Obama felt like he was a kid in school again hanging around MJ.

hater
11-23-2016, 09:09 AM
MJ was the GOAT but also one of the most selfish individuals in the history of Ayn Rand personalities.

Who else did obomba nomitate? Kobe? :lmao

Glad we finally getting rid of this clown in the WH

lefty
11-23-2016, 09:12 AM
MJ was the GOAT but also one of the most selfish individuals in the history of Ayn Rand personalities.

Who else did obomba nomitate? Kobe? :lmao

Glad we finally getting rid of this clown in the WH

I hope Trump will honor Bird, watch Harlem and CN's blood pressure go through the roof

11-23-2016, 10:18 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/obama-awards-medal-of-freedom-to-a-star-studded-list-of-21-recipients/2016/11/22/e6991c24-b0e2-11e6-be1c-8cec35b1ad25_story.html

whitemamba
11-23-2016, 01:44 PM

I hope Trump will honor Bird, watch Harlem and CN's blood pressure go through the roof

Sean Cagney
11-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Jordan has duped most of the world into believing his not one of the worst human beings breathing oxygen

It is well known he is a piece of shit person though, he duped them all in the 90's for sure though (Even myself). To anyone he meets they will say the same, real asshole.

lefty
11-23-2016, 02:05 PM
That's not true

Jordan is humble and a wonderful human being

He has done a lot for the community and always helped his teammates

You guys are just a bunch of jealous betas

tenbeersbold
11-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Lol,saw that dude get kicked out of restaurant in Georgetown for being a lowlife,all the high end restaurants and clubs were glad to see him and his crew gone after his DC steakhouse went bust.
Truly an unpleasant fuck

11-23-2016, 03:05 PM

:lol I'd love to see that tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Who is DK?

lefty
11-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Who is DK?

Don King

whitemamba
11-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Who is DK?
Donkey Kong

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Is this supposed to be surprising?:lol

Obama wants to destroy the Black community just as much as Dad Killer has/does, tbh..if DK was destroying the gay community instead, you can bet that Obama would never speak to him again..

The irony of all these anti-Trump people celebrating Michael Jordan:lmao

Misogynistic comments are more harmful than killing thousands of kids, playing a part in the murder of your own father, etc:rolleyes

lefty
11-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Is this supposed to be surprising?:lol

Obama wants to destroy the Black community just as much as Dad Killer has/does, tbh..if DK was destroying the gay community instead, you can bet that Obama would never speak to him again..

The irony of all these anti-Trump people celebrating Michael Jordan:lmao

Did someone steal your Air Jordans ?

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2016, 03:54 PM

Did someone steal your Air Jordans ?

I haven't owned Js in years, tbh..I owned some prior to learning more about DK and aiding my brain's escape from the shackles of marketing that trapped it throughout my childhood, but I literally burned them after being enlightened..

Poor Kareem, he's just there for Obama to save face, tbh..

DMC
11-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Ben Carson had to become a chief of neurosurgery for Johns Hopkins for 21 years to get that. MJ just had to sell shoes.

DMC
11-23-2016, 06:24 PM
I haven't owned Js in years, tbh..I owned some prior to learning more about DK and aiding my brain's escape from the shackles of marketing that trapped it throughout my childhood, but I literally burned them after being enlightened..

Poor Kareem, he's just there for Obama to save face, tbh..

Did you get the new Westbrooks tbh?

apalisoc_9
11-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Democrats inherently more racist than Republicans. Republicans are just vocal...Ie Hillary clinton

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2016, 07:07 PM

When did you start slurpping the dripping cum from Harlem's balls...you yellow skinned faggot

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Ben Carson had to become a chief of neurosurgery for Johns Hopkins for 21 years to get that. MJ just had to sell shoes.

Ben Carson tried to stab a nigga and bash his mama's head in with a hammer....his accomplisments mean shit...he's a fucking psychopath :lol

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2016, 07:13 PM
I got 4 pairs of Jump Man Jump Man's right now...fly ass gear....but I will admit more drug dealers have funded the sale of MJ's shoes, more than they've bought that white dust from El Chapo :lol

Mitch
11-23-2016, 08:09 PM
Ben Carson tried to stab a nigga and bash his mama's head in with a hammer....his accomplisments mean shit...he's a fucking psychopath :lol

Can't believe the sleepy motherfucker was a belt buckle away from being in prison for murder

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2016, 08:23 PM

Can't believe the sleepy motherfucker was a belt buckle away from being in prison for murder

:lol dam that belt buckle. But he's truly an insane son of a bitch....anytime you're leading in the polls and then you inject a personal story about an attempted murder and then argue with the media over if it's true or not. You've got to be one crazy ass Charles Manson like son of a bitch :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-23-2016, 09:56 PM
why do the masses expect the filthy rich to contribute or give back to the community, when they already start businesses that employs ppl whether its local or cheaper labor elsewhere

lefty
11-23-2016, 10:12 PM
Jordan is a great man tbh

DMC
11-23-2016, 11:41 PM

He did that as a child. He thought about hitting his mom, he didn't actually do it. Get your facts straight. You only know that because he wrote about it. MJ on the other hand denies his felony.

He's a pioneer in neurosurgery, one of the most decorated physicians of all time. MJ is a basketball player that the POTUS happens to idolize, the same POTUS who waited till he was being handed his coat to leave before saying "oh yeah, and MJ gets a medal".

benefactor
11-24-2016, 11:29 AM
It is well known he is a piece of shit person though, he duped them all in the 90's for sure though (Even myself). To anyone he meets they will say the same, real asshole.
I wouldn't say it's well known. You could say the information is easily accessible if you look for it but the media doesn't really trumpet it because of his legacy. Same with Kareem being a huge asshole. People who are legit bball fans know but most casual fans are surprised when you tell them. I'd say 80% of the people who I've mentioned to had no idea...and not only that they just kinda shrug like it's no big deal because it's Jordan.

Koolaid_Man
11-24-2016, 12:01 PM
He did that as a child. He thought about hitting his mom, he didn't actually do it. Get your facts straight. You only know that because he wrote about it. MJ on the other hand denies his felony.

He's a pioneer in neurosurgery, one of the most decorated physicians of all time. MJ is a basketball player that the POTUS happens to idolize, the same POTUS who waited till he was being handed his coat to leave before saying "oh yeah, and MJ gets a medal".

that muthafuckin nigga was 14...

and then he claimed jesus' light shined upon him and he read the bible and turned around...hahahahahahahahahahaaha

dm3mt275RVY

DMC
11-24-2016, 12:54 PM
that muthafuckin nigga was 14...

and then he claimed jesus' light shined upon him and he read the bible and turned around...hahahahahahahahahahaaha

dm3mt275RVY
Look was Jesus did for him vs what he did for you and you'd have to think Jesus just doesn't like you.

14 is a child, unless you're Avante.

Sean Cagney
11-24-2016, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't say it's well known. You could say the information is easily accessible if you look for it but the media doesn't really trumpet it because of his legacy. Same with Kareem being a huge asshole. People who are legit bball fans know but most casual fans are surprised when you tell them. I'd say 80% of the people who I've mentioned to had no idea...and not only that they just kinda shrug like it's no big deal because it's Jordan.
You are right, I tell folks who are casual fans or just know the machine behind him and they say really? They thought he was some nice classy guy but that is very far from the truth tbh. He treats people like shit, heard stories from reliable folks who have fam in the Chi area and he has a few stories of Mike pulling up smoking weed and telling them to wash his fucking car or something of the sort at the car wash. Dude is a asshole, but only if you do the research or some even have first hand accounts (Chamillionaire the rapper is one).

lefty
11-24-2016, 03:15 PM
MJ is an ice guy

Those assclowns who tell stories about MJ have no proof to back up their claims and are just plain jealous

MJ is a great person

dfens
11-24-2016, 08:11 PM
medal of freedom for selling shoes made on 2c/day in china :lmao

mudyez
11-25-2016, 03:04 AM

this

lefty
11-25-2016, 10:23 AM
I disagree tbh

MJ is a greaat man

Stories have been told/written about MJ , but that's BS tbh

As for his HOF speech, I thought it was very good

Mikeanaro
11-25-2016, 12:56 PM
I disagree tbh

MJ is a greaat man

Stories have been told/written about MJ , but that's BS tbh

As for his HOF speech, I thought it was very good

Also, why he has to be nice to everyone? He is an Alpha.
Only butthurted betas cry.

UZER
11-25-2016, 12:59 PM
I'd like to see Lieutenant Dan's reaction.

lefty
11-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Also, why he has to be nice to everyone? He is an Alpha.
Only butthurted betas cry.
Exactly

Killakobe81
11-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Working OT so he can buy Air Jordans

11-25-2016, 03:27 PM
GOAT being GOAT tbqh imho

StrengthAndHonor
11-25-2016, 05:11 PM

TBH, I don't think HH is the type of guy who would "cop a pair" of Jordans. He seems to be smarter than that.

hitmanyr2k
11-25-2016, 05:36 PM

You're looking at this from a personality side of things. People can still draw inspiration from someone's work ethic to be the best at their profession. Jordan didn't just become arguably the GOAT by pure luck. There was a lot of hard work and dedication involved. Even the very best teacher could still be a shitty person, not that you would ever know because their life isn't under a media microscope lol.

I can agree Jordan isn't a personality I would look up to but this is bullshit. If I'm ever unlucky enough to have a dipshit kid with the kind of mentality that he has to assault people for a pair of shoes I'm sure as hell not blaming "the brand" :lol I'm going to blame myself for being a such a shitty parent that my kid lacked the sense or decency to do something that stupid. Like I said before, blaming Jordan for the crimes of dumb people is like blaming expensive car brands because they make vehicles that people like to carjack.

ambchang
11-25-2016, 08:23 PM
You're looking at this from a personality side of things. People can still draw inspiration from someone's work ethic to be the best at their profession. Jordan didn't just become arguably the GOAT by pure luck. There was a lot of hard work and dedication involved. Even the very best teacher could still be a shitty person, not that you would ever know because their life isn't under a media microscope lol.

Whether a teacher is a shitty person is much easier to see as you interact with them day after day. S/he could be a Karl Malone and troll for 12 year old minors at night but that is an unlikely scenario.

Part of why Jordan is that successful is precisely because he is such a horrible person, he is ruthless and is a total sociopath that would murder your entire family just to prove he is better than some other guy on something insignificant. My point is, why would people look up to people like that, and in most cases, celebrities are mostly those people. They are willing to commit something highly unethical just for a little bit of advantage. Julia Roberts is known to be a bitch but she is somehow americas sweetheart because of s couple of movie roles. I mean, how stupid are Americans? Same with J.Lo she became this judge with a heart on that reality show now just because she's got a huge ass.

At the end of the day, integrity is as important as societal standards of success at all costs. Jordan is the epitome of that extreme.

Thread
11-26-2016, 06:30 AM
In spite of being banned from the NBA.

DMC
11-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Whether a teacher is a shitty person is much easier to see as you interact with them day after day. S/he could be a Karl Malone and troll for 12 year old minors at night but that is an unlikely scenario.

Part of why Jordan is that successful is precisely because he is such a horrible person, he is ruthless and is a total sociopath that would murder your entire family just to prove he is better than some other guy on something insignificant. My point is, why would people look up to people like that, and in most cases, celebrities are mostly those people. They are willing to commit something highly unethical just for a little bit of advantage. Julia Roberts is known to be a bitch but she is somehow americas sweetheart because of s couple of movie roles. I mean, how stupid are Americans? Same with J.Lo she became this judge with a heart on that reality show now just because she's got a huge ass.

At the end of the day, integrity is as important as societal standards of success at all costs. Jordan is the epitome of that extreme.
And the rest of the world flocks here and worships Hollywood stars. How stupid is the world or does stupidity cease to exist at the border, where people seem to be coming in, not going out.

ambchang
11-26-2016, 08:14 PM
And the rest of the world flocks here and worships Hollywood stars. How stupid is the world or does stupidity cease to exist at the border, where people seem to be coming in, not going out.

Hollywood worship from abroad is greatly exaggerated.

DMC
11-26-2016, 10:25 PM
Hollywood worship from abroad is greatly exaggerated.

lol sure it is.