PDA

View Full Version : Skype and Anapod Xtreamer are two great programs

Drachen
10-08-2005, 02:09 AM
I just got off of the phone with my friend from Japan. He set up this new feature within Skype where he set up a local number (210 area code) and when I call this number (from any phone) it routes it directly to his computer and we talk just like he was next door. Dont have time to sit next to your computer and wait for calls? Well he has it set up to forward calls to his cell phone in japan. (Technology is awesome) Oh and the best part . . . this costs 13 dollars for 3 months!!!!!!

Now Anapod Xtreamer allows me to just browse his IPOD (while its hooked up to his computer) download any songs I want, or just listen to them streaming through the internet.

A few minutes ago, I was listening to a song here that is on his IPOD 12k miles away and he was listening to it too (on my speakers) . . . through the phone that was being routed through the interenet. This may sound a little childish or whatever but I just had a moment of awe for this thing we take for granted called the internet... It's wonderful!

MannyIsGod
10-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Yeah, the networking tools around now are fucking sweet. Thats pretty nifty.

Drachen
10-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Whats cool about this Anapod program is that I am only seeing the benefits over here, he was telling me all of the TONS of things that it does for him.