PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Does the burrito eating high $ seats crowd cost the Spurs?

Fabbs
11-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Playoff game with Player of His Generation Timmy Duncan retiring.

Farking lower sections and seats won't even get back from Burrito Break til the third quarter is almost over. Let along making some noise when they are there. Not to be confused with salt of the earth upper deck SpurFan.

Is the home court advantage significantly weakened by apathetic selfish burrito eating higher income SpurFan?
Or does it not effect the players one iota?
Somewhere in between.

For the truly tough places to play away games, I've got to say does improve visiting teams chances.

DMC
11-25-2016, 08:17 PM
So you're saying the people who pay the most to see the team are the worst fans? These are the people who actually pay salaries. Your 45 dollar ticket doesn't buy a Gatorade jug.

dabom
11-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Spurs had one of the best RS Home record. :lmao

Fabbs
11-26-2016, 10:38 AM
Spurs had one of the best RS Home record. :lmao
It's really held up in the playoffs.

Fabbs
11-26-2016, 10:48 AM
So you're saying the people who pay the most to see the team are the worst fans? These are the people who actually pay salaries.
:lol
TV contract is by far the fattest paying chunk.

DMC
11-26-2016, 02:43 PM
:lol
TV contract is by far the fattest paying chunk.

How well do TV audiences fuel the team by cheering at home?

You compared the lower seats to the upper seats. TV audiences are not part of the comparison. However, what you're alluding to is that, the less invested you are in the team, the more effect you have on the outcome.

It reeks of sour grapes for someone who cannot afford the high priced seats.

MultiTroll
11-26-2016, 10:34 PM
Hey Chump whats up? ^

MultiTroll
12-03-2016, 10:49 AM
How well do TV audiences fuel the team by cheering at home?

You compared the lower seats to the upper seats. TV audiences are not part of the comparison. However, what you're alluding to is that, the less invested you are in the team, the more effect you have on the outcome.

It reeks of sour grapes for someone who cannot afford the high priced seats.
Now lets hear from some who actually attend Spurs games.

Fans in the upper deck are usually all loud AF; it's the lower sections that have been a growing embarrassment the past 5 years or so.

Fans from San Antonio are terrible. Louder cheers in away games than home games.

I feel the same way. I make it a point to be the loudest in my section, but it doesn't seem too hard to do that these days. I wouldn't be surprised if the players can hear me down on the court.

spurs10
12-03-2016, 03:29 PM
After a slow start for the team and the fans, the crowd got into the game last night. Manu alone had their attention. Everyone was on their feet for the last few plays, a great improvement over the last couple home games. They must have sold out of burritos!

phxspurfan
12-03-2016, 09:08 PM
I cheer loud even when I sit in those nice superbox seats with the free beers and wings. Doesn't matter if I pay $200 or $50 a ticket I cheer my ass off, so yeah no

Biernutz
12-05-2016, 07:09 AM
My season tickets are in the lower level and we don't need to stand up
and cheer because that's why we have the cheep seats in the upper deck.
The only problem I can see with the cheering is they are so high up at the
top that they are about 10 sec. behind game action in their cheering. :lol
fyi...you can't buy a burrito in the lower level. If you get a job you can afford
the lower level.

Fabbs
12-05-2016, 09:49 AM
About a 0.0001 on the troll attempt. ^^
Maybe when you get a job you can hire someone to teach you how to troll.
Or not.

Biernutz
12-06-2016, 02:22 AM
^^^^^^ I get tired on the same whining over and over about the lower
level fans not cheering enough. Buy a lower level ticket to a game. Stop
complaining ,they don't cost that much unless you only want to see G.S.
You can buy a seat behind the basket on some nights for under $50. If you
can't afford a ticket go to a sports bar like Sideliners or Jacks and enjoy the
game there.....quit your complaining....

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 11:09 PM
^^^^^^ I get tired on the same whining over and over about the lower
level fans not cheering enough. Buy a lower level ticket to a game.
Buy an airline ticket, hotel room, breakfast for myself and two of the Silver Dancers?
I can do that again but you would be much better served having the local burrito eaters in the lower sections show up. Another abysmal showing against the Celts tonight.
Quit your complaining.