PDA

View Full Version : Pau/Fat Head for Tyson Chandler/PJ Tucker

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 04:02 PM
It's pretty obvious that the LMA/Pau tandem is going to get torched in the postseason & Fat Head is completely out of the rotation. Despite being past his prime, Chandler is still a very good team defender/rebounder. He isn't the rim protector that he used to be but he can still move laterally better than most centers especially Pau.:lol

Chandler still has 3 years left on his contract including this season but if he completely falls off like Boris then they can buyout his final year & stretch him. PJ Tucker is a very good defender who can guard 3s/4s & would be an insurance for Simmons/Bertans. If he can regain his shooting stroke then he can play the Dick Jefferson role if needed.

LakerHater
11-25-2016, 04:03 PM
Have no problem parting with Pau!

cjw
11-25-2016, 04:05 PM
If we were playing a video game, definitely a consideration. But you don't trade a guy you just signed in the real world.

Robz4000
11-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Would still rather keep MVPau, especially since Dedmon will end up filling that defensive role you want Chandler for at a tenth of the price.

apalisoc_9
11-25-2016, 04:11 PM
They're not going to trade Pau, sadly..

But TJ Tucker would be awesome for this team.

Kinda wish Anderson was making more money right now so we can trade him straight up....

December 23 is the date where every player can be tradable....thats going to be a date to wait for.

kaji157
11-25-2016, 04:14 PM
If we were playing a video game, definitely a consideration. But you don't trade a guy you just signed in the real world.

Great response.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 04:28 PM

I'm hoping that Pau starts pouting & he agent makes it know that he's unhappy. In any case, Greg Monroe was on the trading blocks last season after he signed as a free agent.:lol

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Tyson Chandler
???
PJ Tucker
???
Michael Carter-Williams

Who would be the next two players you would trade for, TBH? No one would out tank us

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Kinda wish Anderson was making more money right now so we can trade him straight up.....

The only straight swap that works for Kyle & would be an upgrade is w/ the Sixers for either Thompson or Holmes. They need shooters so they are most likely not trading Thompson & they are most likely trading Okafor/Nerlens so Holmes should have a spot in the rotation.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Tyson Chandler
???
PJ Tucker
???
Michael Carter-Williams

Who would be the next two players you would trade for, TBH? No one would out tank us

Trade for D-Worst/Marco to fill out the roster, trust the process.:toast

Chinook
11-25-2016, 04:55 PM
Nah. I like Pau. I wouldn't trade him for Chandler without incentive.

TheGreatYacht
11-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Trade for D-Worst/Marco to fill out the roster, trust the process.:toast
:lol :tu

tholdren
11-25-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm hoping that Pau starts pouting & he agent makes it know that he's unhappy. In any case, Greg Monroe was on the trading blocks last season after he sign as a free agent.:lol
Didnt you give me grief for saying Pau was terrible and the Spurs should avoid him at all costs?

cjw
11-25-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm hoping that Pau starts pouting & he agent makes it know that he's unhappy. In any case, Greg Monroe was on the trading blocks last season after he sign as a free agent.:lol

Greg Monroe hasn't been a key cog to two title teams. Also, the Bucks aren't the Spurs.

TD 21
11-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Would still rather keep MVPau, especially since Dedmon will end up filling that defensive role you want Chandler for at a tenth of the price.

Exactly.

That being said, just like last season, 4th wing absolutely has to be shored up and the need has only become exacerbated by Ginobili's further decline.

Chillen
11-25-2016, 06:36 PM
They're not going to trade Pau, sadly..

They would trade Pau for Cousins, but Sac would never be that stupid and if the Spurs FO wouldn't do it, time to have their heads examined.

T Park
11-25-2016, 08:06 PM
That would be a horrifically bad trade.

spurraider21
11-25-2016, 08:10 PM
i fear this is only the beginning of about a billion trade threads with anderson (and naturally there will be combinations with parker)

this is a reincarnation of "trade neal, bonner, blair for (insert borderline all star player)" threads

sasaint
11-25-2016, 08:13 PM
The only straight swap that works for Kyle & would be an upgrade is w/ the Sixers for either Thompson or Holmes. They need shooters so they are most likely not trading Thompson & they are most likely trading Okafor/Nerlens so Holmes should have a spot in the rotation.

I don't think trading Kyle heads up is the answer. My fondest hope is that PATFO do something completely out of character and package Kyle with LMA and trade them before this season is over.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 08:26 PM
What's the point of keeping Pau if he's going to get benched in the 4th quarter like Boozer? :wakeup

Chandler/Dedmon could be a two headed monster at center like Bogut/Ezeli which means there will be a defensive anchor on the floor for 48 minutes.

Besides, if Dedmon plays as well as Chandler then he's market price is going to be like Biyombo which will make it hard to re-sign him unless they dump Pau's contract just like the Warriors dumped Lee's contract to avoid luxury taxes after they re-signed Draymond.

The team is going to need cap space to sign a combo guard to replace Manu (Livingston?) & even if they use cap-holds, Patty is also going to get a significant pay raise to push the team into luxury tax territory. Lee might get re-signed for the room-exception so I don't see how PATFO would be able to retain Dedmon if they keep Pau.

My thinking was that Pau was signed under a win-now proposition & right now Chandler is better than Dedmon while also being a better fit than Pau so I'm not too hung up about whether he's going to be completely washed up in two seasons b/c Softridge isn't getting any younger.

If PATFO believe they can't contend w/ Softridge then they should move him ASAP. Love was able to yield a #1 pick so maybe Softridge could possibly yield Jabari Parker (http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hfqyyfs), let's just hope Monroe threatens to opt-in so Kidd would pull the trigger.:lol

spurraider21
11-25-2016, 09:20 PM
does kyle have more value than de colo did when we shipped him?

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 10:57 PM
does kyle have more value than de colo did when we shipped him?

Did De Colo ever dominate the Summer League or lead the league in DRPM?:wakeup

CGD
11-25-2016, 11:14 PM
I'd rather a small trade like, Kyle + pick for Kelly Oubre. We'll see him in action tomorrow night.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 11:37 PM
I'd rather a small trade like, Kyle + pick for Kelly Oubre. We'll see him in action tomorrow night.

They are most likely trying to package Oubre w/ Beal for a Cousins trade. Doesn't make sense for them to downgrade Oubre then get a late 1st rd pick when they are in win-now mode.

spursistan
11-26-2016, 03:46 PM

Hopefully, Philly don't and Colangelo is an old school type..Otherwise, he ain't getting traded after this couple of light-shedding tweets since Zach Hoe is taken as gospel by most nerdy executive residing in front offices..:pctoss..

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Hopefully, Philly don't and Colangelo is an old school type..Otherwise, he ain't getting traded after this couple of light-shedding tweets since Zach Hoe is take.

Thompson is going to be a free-agent so they might trade him if they think he won't re-sign for cheap. He would be the Marco replacement PATFO have supposedly been looking for the past two summers.

He reminds me of Dorell Wright who somehow is still only 30.:lol

BatManu20
11-26-2016, 04:24 PM
i fear this is only the beginning of about a billion trade threads with anderson (and naturally there will be combinations with parker)

this is a reincarnation of "trade neal, bonner, blair for (insert borderline all star player)" threads

:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-14-2017, 10:09 PM
It's pretty obvious that the LMA/Pau tandem is going to get torched in the postseason & Fat Head is completely out of the rotation. Despite being past his prime, Chandler is still a very good team defender/rebounder. He isn't the rim protector that he used to be but he can still move laterally better than most centers especially Pau.:lol

Chandler still has 3 years left on his contract including this season but if he completely falls off like Boris then they can buyout his final year & stretch him. PJ Tucker is a very good defender who can guard 3s/4s & would be an insurance for Simmons/Bertans. If he can regain his shooting stroke then he can play the Dick Jefferson role if needed.

:wakeup