PDA

View Full Version : Will Carmelo Aldrige be an All-Star this season, tbh?

ElNono
11-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Currently averaging 18.6ppg and 6.9rpg (the latter is the lowest since his rookie season)...

Griffin and AD are probably locks, Raymond will likely get the nod too... DJ is averaging a double-double (11/12) and the Clips look like world beaters right now...

dabom
11-25-2016, 11:41 PM
If Spurs get 2nd place. They do. Anything else, nah.

ElNono
11-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Oops, just noticed the Clips lost to Detroit today...

timtonymanu
11-25-2016, 11:47 PM
I honestly only see Kawhi making it. DJ and McCollum have potential to be the first time all stars this season.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Julia Randle is going to be the starter b/c of the Lakers bandwagon.:lol

DAF86
11-25-2016, 11:50 PM
I honestly only see Kawhi making it. DJ and McCollum have potential to be the first time all stars this season.

McCollum isn't doing shit if Portland keeps sucking as they are.

timtonymanu
11-25-2016, 11:54 PM
Likely starters: Curry, Westbrook, Kawhi, Durbeta, and Blake or Davis.

Reserves: Harden, Paul, Cousins, Blake/Davis, Raymond, Lillard. Last spot can go to one of DJ, Klay, or Aldridge. I see DJ and Klay getting in before Aldridge though.

Kawhitstorm
11-25-2016, 11:55 PM

As far as first time all-stars, Conley has first dibs over McCollum.

timtonymanu
11-25-2016, 11:57 PM
As far as first time all-stars, Conley has first dibs over McCollum.

Forgot about Conley. He will have to be voted in because of that contract. :lol

timtonymanu
11-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Good to have a season where Kobe doesn't take a spot from someone finally. I know it's just an all star game but that shit was disgraceful.

apalisoc_9
11-26-2016, 12:00 AM
Yeah. LA, GSW SAS will all have at least two all stars. Depending in the Standings, LA or GSW might have three but Carmelo Aldridge would still make it regardless thanks to team record.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 12:07 AM
Forgot about Conley. He will have to be voted in because of that contract. :lol

Who is he going to make it over? If it's Lillard then he going to go on a shooting rampage.:lol

apalisoc_9
11-26-2016, 01:32 AM
Who is he going to make it over? If it's Lillard then he going to go on a shooting rampage.:lol

Gasol will probably be the token Grizz...:lol

So..

Curry, Westbrook, Kawhi, Durant, Davis

Paul, Harden, Blake, Aldridge, Gasol

Are locks if the records keeps up....Most likely will.

Conley-Deandre-Thompson-Lillard-Cousins-Draymond-Hayward will all fight for the last two spots. Team record is going to be the biggest deciding factor here. If the warriors are a 1 seed, then one of draymond and Thompson will make it. And if The Jazz are fifth, Hayeard will.

Conley is super doubtful

houston spurs fan
11-26-2016, 01:44 AM
If I die and reincarnate please let me be Mike Conley Jr..... who gives a fuck. -Gilbert Arenas.

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 05:09 AM
LMA was a great beneficiary of the high low game with TD last season. Pau has not been feeding him like TD did. That could be the difference, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Curry, Westbrook, Kawhi, Durant, Davis

Paul, Harden, Blake, Aldridge, Gasol

Are locks if the records keeps up....Most likely will.

Conley-Deandre-Thompson-Lillard-Cousins-Draymond-Hayward will all fight for the last two spots. Team record is going to be the biggest deciding factor here. If the warriors are a 1 seed, then one of draymond and Thompson will make it. And if The Jazz are fifth, Hayeard will.

Conley is having a better season than Fat Gasol & Lillard is putting up numbers similar to what Harden did last season on an 8th seed, so I'm actually penciling in Conley/Lillard over Softridge/Gasol unless the Spurs somehow end up w/ a top 2 seed or the Blazers drop out.

Gaymond/DeAndre are going to be campaigning HARD for a spot & whoever ends up w/ the #1 seed most likely will get the nod. Cousins/Softridge/Fat Gasol have second dibs if Gaymond/DeAndre don't make it & Klay is going to miss the cut b/c there are too many guards. I don't see how Hayward even sniffs the team when G.Hill has been their best player.:lol

TD 21
11-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Not at the current rate . . .

8 locks: Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Leonard, Griffin, Davis.

4 spots for: Green, Thompson, Jordan, Gasol, Conley, Towns, Lillard, McCollum, Cousins, Aldridge, Hayward.

At least 1 of the 2 Warriors (Green being more likely) and Lillard are more than likely in, leaving the final 2 spots between probably Jordan, Conley, Cousins and Aldridge. At this writing, I'd say Conley and Cousins get them.

apalisoc_9
11-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Not at the current rate . . .

8 locks: Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Leonard, Griffin, Davis.

4 spots for: Green, Thompson, Jordan, Gasol, Conley, Towns, Lillard, McCollum, Cousins, Aldridge, Hayward.

At least 1 of the 2 Warriors (Green being more likely) and Lillard are more than likely in, leaving the final 2 spots between probably Jordan, Conley, Cousins and Aldridge. At this writing, I'd say Conley and Cousins get them.

No way coaches dont pick him with a 2 seed....

spurraider21
11-26-2016, 06:48 PM
the better question is, does anybody care about the all star game?

TD 21
11-26-2016, 06:54 PM
No way coaches dont pick him with a 2 seed....

It depends how he plays from here on out.

Last season, there was such a glaring gap in the standings between the Warriors, Spurs and everyone else. This season, the Spurs and Clippers will likely be neck and neck for the 2 seed, making it less important, in terms of factoring into the likelihood of fringe All-Stars being selected.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-26-2016, 07:45 PM
Aldridge hasn't been playing like an all star at all this season. Hopefully that changes moving forward.

ElNono
11-26-2016, 07:59 PM
the better question is, does anybody care about the all star game?

Aldridge probably does... he cared that Lillard got more billboards than him in Portland, tbh

spurraider21
11-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Aldridge probably does... he cared that Lillard got more billboards than him in Portland, tbhlol jackie macmullan

11-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Aldridge probably does... he cared that Lillard got more billboards than him in Portland, tbh
Think he's had a change of priorities since he came to the Spurs?

MI21
11-26-2016, 08:21 PM
He is not playing like an All-Star at this stage, but he wasn't last season either.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 09:35 PM
He is not playing like an All-Star at this stage, but he wasn't last season either.

He was averaging 15/9 & shooting 44% at this point last year.

daslicer
11-26-2016, 09:41 PM
He's playing pretty much the same way that he played in Portland and you have to consider he was an all-star in Portland. He's averaging 18 points a game which is pretty good for a player in the Spurs system. Spurs have had only 1 season under Pop where they have had 2 players averaging 20 points or more. That season was Duncan's rookie year in which him and Drob averaged 21 a game. The only qualm I have with him is his rebounding which has been pretty bad this year. If the Spurs have a top 3 record he will get in.

elemento
11-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Last season he played much better D tbh.

I'm not so sure he makes the all-star game. Kawhi is the only lock among SA players.

ducks
11-26-2016, 10:12 PM
4 game out of 5 over 20 points

Seventyniner
11-26-2016, 10:37 PM
The Warriors likely won't get 4 All-Stars if the Spurs and Clippers stay right on their heels in the standings. I think Thompson gets left out, especially if it comes down to him and Aldridge. It won't be necessarily that Aldridge is having a better season, but that the coaches would want a 2nd Spur over a 4th Warrior. This assumes that the Spurs stay within a few games of the Warriors by the break, hardly a given.

cd98
11-26-2016, 11:08 PM
All star game is unwatchable and a popularity contest. Who cares.

daslicer
11-26-2016, 11:16 PM
All star game is unwatchable and a popularity contest. Who cares.

Players care a lot about being selected to the ASG. It's a huge blow to their egos if they don't make it to the ASG.

ElNono
11-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Players care a lot about being selected to the ASG. It's a huge blow to their egos if they don't make it to the ASG.

their agents care too, tbh... that kinda accolades can add up a few $$$...

spursistan
01-06-2017, 03:18 PM
If he keeps his level of play of the past two weeks, he is going to make it as reserve by coach decision..Spurs 2nd overall record will boost his case..

Seems like he hit the gym harder lately to shed the dough with an eye on the (next) contractual perks that comes with an All Star appearance :rolleyes..

Mr. Body
01-06-2017, 03:26 PM
I think he's playing himself on. The Spurs deserve two players and LMA is showing himself to be the second guy.

Ice009
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM
I wonder what happened because he was quite poor to start the season. He's really turning it around now. Is it just playing himself into shape from what looks like another lazy off-season, or do you think someone had words with him?

TD 21
01-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Aldridge woke up just in time and so did the Spurs, as they've re-established themselves as the 2nd best regular season team in the league. Also, Griffin's injury eliminated a would be lock.

It probably plays out as follows . . .

8 Locks: Curry, Durant, Harden, Paul, Davis, Westbrook, Cousins, Leonard.

4 favorites: Green, Thompson, Gasol, Aldridge

Outside shot: Jordan, Conley, Lillard, Hayward

Projected starters: Durant, Leonard, Davis, Harden, Westbrook

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Aldridge woke up just in time and so did the Spurs, as they've re-established themselves as the 2nd best regular season team in the league. Also, Griffin's injury eliminated a would be lock.

Curry is going to start tbh. He has the most All-Star votes out of anyone so far iirc.

TD 21
01-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Curry is going to start tbh. He has the most All-Star votes out of anyone so far iirc.

Wasn't that only the fans portion though?

If I had my druthers, I'd start Paul ahead of both Curry and Westbrook, but that has no chance of happening.

RD2191
01-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Meh, I still don't trust lma's game in the playoffs. His shot stopped falling when it mattered most against OKC.

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Wasn't that only the fans portion though?

If I had my druthers, I'd start Paul ahead of both Curry and Westbrook, but that has no chance of happening.

That 50% of the fan vote on top of the love Curry gets from the media will prolly bump him into the SL. Harden and Westbrook are having better seasons, but they aren't liked by most media members. The player vote is all over the place (:lol det Tony Allen ballot) so who knows where that's gonna take things.

Robz4000
01-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Meh, I still don't trust lma's game in the playoffs. His shot stopped falling when it mattered most against OKC.

He stopped averaging 40 points but he still shot ~50% in the remaining four games. My only fear is that he shrinks into himself playing alongside Gasol; as long as he plays big he should be fine regardless of who they play.

TD 21
01-09-2017, 06:27 PM
That 50% of the fan vote on top of the love Curry gets from the media will prolly bump him into the SL. Harden and Westbrook are having better seasons, but they aren't liked by most media members. The player vote is all over the place (:lol det Tony Allen ballot) so who knows where that's gonna take things.

The fans will vote Curry, but I'd be surprised if the media does and I'd be shocked if the players did.

A lot of the media is antiquated, has a limited understanding of the game and is easily seduced by eye popping traditional stats and narratives, both of which Westbrook has going for him.

A lot of the players favor players who are dark skinned, post eye popping traditional stats and aren't perceived to have much help, none of which Curry has going for him.

As difficult as it would have been to believe a few months ago, barring a significant injury to either Harden or Westbrook, Curry more than likely won't make 1st team All-NBA either.

Kawhitstorm
01-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Cousins isn't a "lock" since he's a very polarizing figure on a sub .500 team, DeAndre could make it over him easily.:lol

TD 21
01-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Cousins isn't a "lock" since he's a very polarizing figure on a sub .500 team, DeAndre could make it over him easily.:lol

Yeah, but at this point he's too established to be denied. Being a "polarizing figure" and on a sub .500 is more of a detriment before they've made it and if they're a fringe candidate. He crossed those thresholds a few years ago and is now entrenched as a top 2 big and top 10 player.

Jordan's case would have been better had the Clippers held up better in the absences of Griffin, briefly Paul and to a lesser extent Redick.

ElNono
01-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Any chance coaches pick him?