PDA

View Full Version : Milos Teodosic..

apalisoc_9
11-26-2016, 05:26 AM
With Ginobili's likely rretirment next year and Mills Super expensive salary for next year...Should the spurs look into teodosic?

- He is a terrible defender but he can run an offense and shoot the three ball.

- He was a sixth man just a few months ago so accepting a bench role shoulsbt be a problem for him.

- With Ettore Messina somehow still coaching for San Antonio, he can most likely convince his former player to join San Antonio..

Personally, I would rather Mills stay but thats unlikely.

If we miss out on Jrue or Hill...its going to be a sad reality that the spurs might consider. Still hoping Pelicans struggle this year for a potential Holiday signing..even with Holiday, Can Teodosic be a reliable 15mpg guy off the bench...

Any euroleague guys here?

Spurtacular
11-26-2016, 05:58 AM
Manu has not announced he is retiring.

TrainOfThought5
11-26-2016, 06:15 AM
Until we get a real defensive anchor in here (Demarcus Cousins please) we should put a freeze on getting one dimensional offensive players on the squad.

99 Problems
11-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Can certainly run the O. Euros don't come much better than this guy.

From Downtown
11-26-2016, 07:44 AM
He's the best player in Europe right now, he had a 34 points/10 assists game yesterday against Baskonia in the Euroleague
His playmaking skills are out of this world and when he gets hot from 3 he's unstoppable, the problems with him are that he might be too slow for the NBA and he would get destroyed on the p'n'r
His character is quite complicated as well, I don't know how Pop would deal with that
Plus I'm not sure he'd accept a 15 or less MPG role, he usually wants to win but coming into the NBA he could look for being a starter on a bad team like Rodriguez does

jyra
11-26-2016, 09:23 AM
He was great last season but his numbers have fallen off quite a bit at the moment: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Milos-Teodosic/Summary/24060

He is shooting only 30% from 3 right now, down from 43% last season while taking 7 attempts per game. Overall FG% is also down from 48% to 43%. Assist numbers are still great with a good AST/TO ratio. Let's see how he looks at the end of the season.

Teodosic actually mentioned the Spurs in the offseason as one of two teams (also the Jazz with Quin Snyder being another former coach at CSKA Moscow) he could see himself going to if he ever wanted to make the jump to the NBA.

GSH
11-26-2016, 10:22 AM
He is a terrible defender but he can run an offense and shoot the three ball.

Didn't I just see you bitching about Bertans' lack of defensive ability in another thread? I know you're looking for a guy who can run the offense, but what makes Teodosic's lack of defense acceptable to you, other than the fact that you thought of him? Not just sniping - that's a serious question.

100%duncan
11-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Interesting. I don't watch much international ball.

elemento
11-26-2016, 10:51 AM
I'd take him

As for being a shit defender, I don't think it matters if he is a backup PG. Most backup PGs in the NBA can't even run a team properly.

His impact on offense would easily be worth his lack of defense.

r0drig0lac
11-26-2016, 12:24 PM
He will never play in the nba ... big fish in a small pond is his thing

Arcadian
11-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Yes please.

Play Boban
11-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Pop loves whites.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 12:40 PM
He would basically be TOSB 2013 Manu status in the NBA.:lol

kaji157
11-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Teodosic is clearly one of the best players out there to fill the Manu role more than Mills, seems like he wants to come here also, that counts, i donīt know if the FO really likes him. He clearly "has not gotten over himself" as pop demands from all guys, that may come in noisy.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 12:43 PM
I'd take him

As for being a shit defender, I don't think it matters if he is a backup PG. Most backup PGs in the NBA can't even run a team properly.

His impact on offense would easily be worth his lack of defense.
Patty was unplayable in a couple of playoff series b/c he couldn't guard anyone.:wakeup

The other main issue w/ Teodosic is that he turns the ball over like crazy thus would end up in Pop's doghouse.

PATFO can still re-sign Patty using his Bird Rights after using the cap-space to sign a dependable vet like Shaun Livingston who is on his way out of GSW w/ the emergence of McCaw. (Iggy is essentially their backup PG & might re-sign for the MLE)

Hoops Czar
11-26-2016, 12:54 PM
Manu has not announced he is retiring.

:lmao

elemento
11-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Patty was unplayable in a couple of playoff series b/c he couldn't guard anyone.:wakeup

The other main issue w/ Teodosic is that he turns the ball over like crazy thus would end up in Pop's doghouse.

PATFO can still re-sign Patty using his Bird Rights after using the cap-space to sign a dependable vet like Shaun Livingston who is on his way out of GSW w/ the emergence of McCaw. (Iggy is essentially their backup PG & might re-sign for the MLE)

What series was Patty unplayable ? He was pretty playable during the championship run in 14 and he played well in 15 too. Quite honestly, when he is hot from deep he is a must. He wasn't very good last season in the playoffs, but IMO it had more to do with the fact that he shot poorly compared to other seasons. When he is not hitting his shots, he is worthless. We know that he can't create for other.

Personally, I'd like to have Patty back, but we know he is going to get paid. Sure, Shaun Livingston would be great, but it depends on a lot of stuff, especially the price tag. We're in a league that gave 9m/year to Jerryd Bayless and 10m/year to Matt Dellavedova. SL is better than both.

TOs can be a concern, but Teodosic is a high usage player in Europe.He wouldn't be one in SA. Even off the bench, he plays 30 min/game in Europe. He will probably play 15-20 in the NBA at most.

We signed Laprovittola as a backup PG and nobody complained about it. Why would we bitch about bringing Teodosic, who's the best PG in Europe ? I simply fail to see the downside of signing Teodosic, especially if the comes cheap.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 01:37 PM
What series was Patty unplayable ? He was pretty playable during the championship run in 14 and he played well in 15 too. Quite honestly, when he is hot from deep he is a must. He wasn't very good last season in the playoffs, but IMO it had more to do with the fact that he shot poorly compared to other seasons. When he is not hitting his shots, he is worthless. We know that he can't create for other.

In 2014, Patty was unplayable against OKC until Reggie Jackson got injured & he was also pitiful against the Mavs when Devin Harris was busting his ass. He was also shooting the light out of the ball in 2015 but couldn't play heavy minutes despite Porker playing like shyt b/c he couldn't guard either CP3 or Austin Rivers.:lol

Personally, I'd like to have Patty back, but we know he is going to get paid. Sure, Shaun Livingston would be great, but it depends on a lot of stuff, especially the price tag. We're in a league that gave 9m/year to Jerryd Bayless and 10m/year to Matt Dellavedova. SL is better than both.

I'm not sure Livingston's price tag is going to be that high since his stats are going to suffer this season & he also can't shoot 3s which is a deal breaker for a guy on the downside of his career. Felton is a decent proven backup but he only signed for the minimum & Brandon Jennings signed for the MLE.

We signed Laprovittola as a backup PG and nobody complained about it. Why would we bitch about bringing Teodosic, who's the best PG in Europe ? I simply fail to see the downside of signing Teodosic, especially if the comes cheap.

Leprosy isn't a rotation player while Teodosic would be the primary backup & would have to carry more burden than Manu if Patty leaves.

elemento
11-26-2016, 02:02 PM
In 2014, Patty was unplayable against OKC until Reggie Jackson got injured & he was also pitiful against the Mavs when Devin Harris was busting his ass. He was also shooting the light out of the ball in 2015 but couldn't play heavy minutes despite Porker playing like shyt b/c he couldn't guard either CP3 or Austin Rivers.:lol

I'm not sure Livingston's price tag is going to be that high since his stats are going to suffer this season & he also can't shoot 3s which is a deal breaker for a guy on the downside of his career. Felton is a decent proven backup but he only signed for the minimum & Brandon Jennings signed for the MLE.

Leprosy isn't a rotation player while Teodosic would be the primary backup & would have to carry more burden than Manu if Patty leaves.

Patty shot 26% from deep against the Mavs and OKC. As I said, it wasn't simply defense, he struggled offensively. If defense was such a huge deal for backups to play in the playoffs for SA, Marco and Gary Neal wouldn't have played a single minute ever in the playoffs for SA. Pop plays Patty when he is hot from deep.

I mean, if we could find someone cheap as good as Milos to run the show, as good as Patty shooting the ball and as good as Beverley defensively, we should trade TP's butt as well, because we have a star PG in our hands.

To me, complaining too much about a possible cheap backup is over-analyzing things. Backups usually have specific roles. You won't get a complete player willing to come for cheap.

Having a guy that can run the show in the 2nd unit would be a huge plus, especially with Manu about to retire. If we're talking about Milo as a starter, I would totally agree with you. He would get murdered against starting PGs in the NBA. But against backups playing 15 minutes/game? Nah, not worried at all.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 02:29 PM
I mean, if we could find someone cheap as good as Milos to run the show, as good as Patty shooting the ball and as good as Beverley defensively, we should trade TP's butt as well, because we have a star PG in our hands.

My point was that Livingston+Patty > Teodosic.

PATFO can re-sign Patty by going over the cap but if they let him walk then they won't have cap space to replace BOTH Patty/Manu unless Teodosic is willing to sign for the Room Exception which they might need to re-sign Lee.

smaka
11-26-2016, 04:32 PM
He is a choker in big games/clutch moments. Pass.

Kawhitstorm
11-26-2016, 04:39 PM
He is a choker in big games/clutch moments. Pass.

...aka 2013 Turnobili

Gagnrath
11-26-2016, 06:06 PM
I am not sure patty is leaving and I think Murray may well be ready for a back-up pg role next year. The problem will be that the spurs won't have a player in the pg that is really above replacement value for a starting pg in the NBA. I don't see Mills being a borderline all star calibre PG though he will put up points. Parker will be a year older slower and fatter.

TD 21
11-26-2016, 06:12 PM
Discussed him at length here: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261961&page=8&p=8705233#post8705233

Other backup point guards I could see them expressing varying degrees of interest in (obviously, most would only be in the event Mills isn't re-signed): Canaan, Williams, Livingston, Ennis, Brooks, Felton, Calderon, Watson, Rodriguez, Mack, Vasquez.

Of the bunch, after Teodosic, I'd guess Calderon, Brooks and depending on his health/how he looks in workouts, Vasquez, would be most likely.

elemento
11-26-2016, 06:16 PM
My point was that Livingston+Patty > Teodosic.

PATFO can re-sign Patty by going over the cap but if they let him walk then they won't have cap space to replace BOTH Patty/Manu unless Teodosic is willing to sign for the Room Exception which they might need to re-sign Lee.

I agree with you on this, but there's absolutely no guarantee that SA will be able to sign even one of them, let alone both. There are so many variables (money, PO of some key players, RFAs, etc)

Teodosic has made it clear that if he comes to the NBA, he plays for SA or Utah.

I'm not saying it's mandatory to sign Teodosic or anything like that. I just think that he is an option to consider if he comes cheap. We're going to see another ridiculous festival of overpaying in the next off-season. If Mills leaves for a ridiculous contract, I'm happy for him but I don't wanna see SA compromising its future with unmovable contracts.

picnroll
11-26-2016, 06:35 PM
Love to get Tyus Jones but it would probably take giving up a good young player like Bertans. Not worth that.

SpurPadre
11-26-2016, 06:40 PM
For a moment, I confused him with that Teletubby dude who only plays well against us.

apalisoc_9
11-26-2016, 06:42 PM
For a moment, I confused him with that Teletubby dude who only plays well against us.

If that Turk can be had for cheap, I'd sign his ass.

eDizzle20
05-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Given Parker's injury I wonder if the Spurs will inquire about Teodosic this offseason. A true pass first point guard. He lacks athleticism, but would be a good option given the lack of cap space.

Chinook
05-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Given Parker's injury I wonder if the Spurs will inquire about Teodosic this offseason. A true pass first point guard. He lacks athleticism, but would be a good option given the lack of cap space.

Think he could be had for the MLE or room exception, so I'd look into it for sure. Even if/when Tony returns, he can replace Manu.

JuneJive
05-11-2017, 12:28 PM
He's a huge, and I can't emphasize this enough, huge defensive liability.

Still a great playmaker and shooter. All things considered, I'd pass.

kaji157
05-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Yeah either him or Campazzo could be have as temporary starters and long term backups.

NASpurs
05-11-2017, 12:41 PM
He's a huge, and I can't emphasize this enough, huge defensive liability.

Still a great playmaker and shooter. All things considered, I'd pass.

:pop: Sounds perfect, can he play center?

NASpurs
05-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Speaking of which:

NASpurs
05-12-2017, 01:07 PM
The dream lives on:

cd021
05-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Haven't been keeping up but I heard that Brooklyn has been pursing him hard.