O.Robertson
R.Theus
L.James
I.Thomas
J.West
T.PARKER

LoneStarState'sPride
11-26-2016, 08:52 PM
GOAT Spurs PG, I don't care what y'all fuckwads say.

james evans
11-26-2016, 09:02 PM
haha I don't think the #1 parker hater would even deny this. I hate to burst your bubble, but 15 seasons as a pg playing with the greatest PF of all time and only haven't 6000 assists isn't something to be proud of :lol . But it's still 6 per game and that's good

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2016, 09:08 PM
:tu Engine of the food truck..

LoneStarState'sPride
11-26-2016, 09:10 PM
haha I don't think the #1 parker hater would even deny this. I hate to burst your bubble, but 15 seasons as a pg playing with the greatest PF of all time and only haven't 6000 assists isn't something to be proud of :lol . But it's still 6 per game and that's good

You'd be surprised, son :lol

james evans
11-26-2016, 09:11 PM
why the hell does my phone keep typing "haven't" for "having" ? wtf

RD2191
11-26-2016, 09:26 PM

TheGreatYacht
11-26-2016, 09:29 PM
You don't get assists after giving the ball to Tim in the post, tbh.. makes it even more impressive

TheGreatYacht
11-26-2016, 09:30 PM
Greatest PG of his generation... and it ain't close

r0drig0lac
11-26-2016, 09:32 PM
You don't get assists after giving the ball to Tim in the post, tbh.. makes it even more impressive

Cry Havoc
11-26-2016, 09:33 PM

You should just stop posting. Parker was an MVP candidate and a scoring/penetrating PG. Any other system and his numbers would have been much higher.

houston spurs fan
11-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Same bitch that advocated for killing cops. Troll just won't go away...

ElNono
11-26-2016, 09:40 PM
This is the November Parker we all know and love, tbh... just an enjoyable player...

BSfromTX
11-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Could have around 7000 assists if he would have passed to Manu LOL!

MultiTroll
11-26-2016, 09:53 PM
https://www.yelp.com/biz/porkers-bbq-danville

BatManu20
11-26-2016, 09:57 PM
GOAT Spurs tbh.

cd98
11-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Easy call. No other Spurs on that list.

ducks
11-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Best point guard ever spurs

james evans
11-26-2016, 10:19 PM
https://www.yelp.com/biz/porkers-bbq-danville
here in my city, there is actually a chain called Parker's Barbeque

eric365
11-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Could have around 7000 assists if he would have passed to Manu LOL!

:lol

Silver&Black
11-27-2016, 08:01 PM
haha I don't think the #1 parker hater would even deny this.You would think, but they're around here. Trust me. I've seen it...

100%duncan
11-27-2016, 09:49 PM
Greatest PG of his generation... and it ain't close

Im not sure about that...

Spurtacular
11-27-2016, 09:51 PM

Why not? Magic got half his assists by feeding Kareem in the post.

Kawhitstorm
11-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Im not sure about that...

Greatest POSTSEASON PG of his generation... and it ain't close
Porker has more postseason points/assists than any active player not named LeBron. :wakeup

FromWayDowntown
11-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Greatest or not, his resume isn't touched by anyone else at his position in the last generation.

Titles, All-Star games, All-NBA nods, plus aggregated numbers - particularly in the postseason - makes it hard for any of his peers to top his overall accomplishments.

spursparker9
11-27-2016, 10:51 PM
18,000 points/6,000 assists:
J.Stockton
K.Bryant
G.Payton
J.Havlicek
S.Pippen
C.Drexler
O.Robertson
R.Theus
L.James
I.Thomas
J.West
T.PARKER

Jordan is not inside this list?

Keepin' it real
11-27-2016, 10:52 PM
When discussing Monsieur Parker, always keep proper pronunciation in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFdeU3Kyo4

lefty
11-28-2016, 01:09 AM
Damn

Timmy was that good, helping Tony to inflate his stats to Reggie Theus like status :wow

GSH
11-28-2016, 08:00 AM
You should just stop posting. Parker was an MVP candidate and a scoring/penetrating PG. Any other system and his numbers would have been much higher.

Yeah, but people calling him GOAT point guard is a bit much. Stockton had almost 16,000 AST, I think. Kidd finished a hair short of the 18K points, but had over 12,000 AST. Nash's numbers were very close to Kidd's. Chris Paul will probably finish this season with somewhere near that 18K point mark, but he will have more like 8,500 AST's - and it's his 12th season vs. Parker's 16th. Hell, Andre Miller has 8,500 AST's and over 16,000 points.

A lot of people here vastly under-rate Parker's career. But GOAT? That's a bit much. Having a PG of his caliber alongside Tim Duncan made a big difference. I've always thought they would have been better off with a PG that dished a little more, and spent a little less time in the paint. But the list of better PG's, even by that standard, is very, very damned short.

lefty
11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
lol even Reggie Theus was better than Porker, and he didn't have Duncan to carry him

So lets not compare him to the likes of Stockton or Kidd :lol

Phenomanul
11-28-2016, 09:33 AM
He probably leads the list of "points in the paint" by a point guard... which is pretty impressive in its own right.

lefty
11-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks to today's NBA rules that allow easier pentration

Also thenks to hte presence of Tim and Bible Chaser in the paint

Phenomanul
11-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Many of those PITP were attained as a one man fast break... especially early on in his career... You were probably still in diapers.

Canyonero
11-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Jordan is not inside this list?

Jordan has 5633 assists.

bklynspursfan
11-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Many of those PITP were attained as a one man fast break... especially early on in his career... You were probably still in diapers.

Yup

TheDoctor
11-28-2016, 12:14 PM

Yup, Erin Barry can attest to that.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Yeah, but people calling him GOAT point guard is a bit much. Stockton had almost 16,000 AST, I think. Kidd finished a hair short of the 18K points, but had over 12,000 AST. Nash's numbers were very close to Kidd's. Chris Paul will probably finish this season with somewhere near that 18K point mark, but he will have more like 8,500 AST's - and it's his 12th season vs. Parker's 16th. Hell, Andre Miller has 8,500 AST's and over 16,000 points.

A lot of people here vastly under-rate Parker's career. But GOAT? That's a bit much. Having a PG of his caliber alongside Tim Duncan made a big difference. I've always thought they would have been better off with a PG that dished a little more, and spent a little less time in the paint. But the list of better PG's, even by that standard, is very, very damned short.

Well, he's clearly the GOAT *Spurs* PG, but that's not exactly saying much. :lol

Historically PG has been the weakest position in the league or tied with SG (outside of MJ). There have only been a handful of truly great PGs and Parker is definitely near the bottom of that list, but he's on it.

GSH
11-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Well, he's clearly the GOAT *Spurs* PG, but that's not exactly saying much. :lol

Historically PG has been the weakest position in the league or tied with SG (outside of MJ). There have only been a handful of truly great PGs and Parker is definitely near the bottom of that list, but he's on it.

:tu Always like talking hoops with you. You're one of the people I trust not to go ape-shit crazy, just because I have a different opinion. This time I totally agree, though, that his career puts him at least among the very good ones. His biggest negative over the years, IMO, is that he wasn't a terribly accurate passer. He made guys reach far too often, and it gave defenders a chance to close on them. Turned a lot of potentially great plays into busted plays.

Unfortunately, his biggest success depended on him having that burst of speed to get by defenders, and he just doesn't have that now. He's at a difficult point in his career, but that doesn't change who he's been for all these years. Nobody piles up numbers like he has by being the kind of stiff a lot of people here have called him for years.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2016, 01:22 PM
:tu Always like talking hoops with you. You're one of the people I trust not to go ape-shit crazy, just because I have a different opinion. This time I totally agree, though, that his career puts him at least among the very good ones. His biggest negative over the years, IMO, is that he wasn't a terribly accurate passer. He made guys reach far too often, and it gave defenders a chance to close on them. Turned a lot of potentially great plays into busted plays.

Unfortunately, his biggest success depended on him having that burst of speed to get by defenders, and he just doesn't have that now. He's at a difficult point in his career, but that doesn't change who he's been for all these years. Nobody piles up numbers like he has by being the kind of stiff a lot of people here have called him for years.

I really would have liked to see his numbers in a different system. I mean, Duncan was a fantastic passer for a big man and his assist numbers were pedestrian for his career. I would think that in a system that doesn't encourage as much ball movement that they would have had much higher numbers. I could see Tony averaging 8-9 and TD getting 5 a game. Not unparalleled but perhaps a better reflection of their acumen. Keep in mind, Parker was the fastest player in the league for a while -- that makes it a lot harder to pass especially when his game was so predicated on agility near the hoop.

Thanks for the kind words, and likewise. That used to be the norm at SpursTalk.

wildbill2u
11-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Watched an episode of OPEN COURT on NBA-TV today. Isaiah Thomas was asked which PGs of today would compare to the PGs of the past in seeing the whole court and controlling the game. First he mentioned LeBron who he said controls the game as a point forward better than anyone else in todays game. Then he chose Chris Paul and Tony Parker. High Praise from one of the elite PGs in NBA history.

J_Paco
11-28-2016, 08:05 PM
lol even Reggie Theus was better than Porker, and he didn't have Duncan to carry him

So lets not compare him to the likes of Stockton or Kidd :lol

Ugh, Reggie Theus was a SG and played just 12 seasons to Parker's 16. Only a buffoon like you would think he was a better player than Parker.