PDA

View Full Version : MVPau is coming around...

ElNono
11-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Just been impressed with his rebounding lately and, alongside Lee, I think they're coming around... I had my doubts at the start of the season that he would pout for more touches to put more effort on defense, but he's been getting better and better, and he's been rebounding really well, tbh...

We don't really need much of his scoring, but it's also good to know he's a guy that can make a jumper too...

timtonymanu
11-26-2016, 11:51 PM
He's unplayable in certain matchups like he was against Boston yesterday, but that's when LMA needs to step up. I've been fine with MVPau up to this point. His defense won't be on Tims level but he's miles ahead of him on offense. Tim was unplayable on offense last season.

midnightpulp
11-27-2016, 12:08 AM
Been happy with him in general. Don't get the hate from some people. Yeah, he's unplayable against small ball, but so was Timmy.

lilbthebasedgod
11-27-2016, 12:32 AM
Yesterday he had zero points and played terrible defense.

Kawhitstorm
11-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Been happy with him in general. Don't get the hate from some people. Yeah, he's unplayable against small ball, but so was Timmy.

His biggest test is going to be against LeBron/WestBrick who were intimidated by Timmay but they will run a train on Pau if he play his usual lazy defense. Besides, he played pitiful post defense against Cousins/Whiteside but that wouldn't matter since he doesn't have to face them in the postseason.

Play Boban
11-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Bench LA. Start MVLee, MVPau.

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2017, 12:13 AM
Bump

lofds
03-02-2017, 03:39 AM
Pau's looked great since his comeback. I like him coming off the bench with all the ball movement. He doesn't have to fight for touches or stand out on the perimeter like he does with the starters. Also doesn't need to play the starting bigs.

He can get the ball more in the flow of the offence and get open shots and faciliate.

SpursFan86
03-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Had some big baskets last night and a couple of huge blocks down the stretch...hope he keeps this up.

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Deserved more minutes. 18pts and 2 great blocks in 20 minutes....

Dedmon is almost unplayable when Parker or Manu isn't there

barbacoataco
03-02-2017, 09:27 PM
If Gasol is playing well and healthy going into the playoffs will be huge. The Spurs need a 2nd scoring option after Leonard, and who else is it going to be? Aldridge just seems to be in a permanent slump.

TheGreatYacht
03-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Second best player on the team since he's been back..

spursistan
03-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Second best player on the team since he's been back..Impressed by his stamina for a 37 yo coming off a long layoff playing this good in B2B (36 mins/30 mins)..He is certainly conditioned for it from spending a career under Phil/Thibs who are the masters of riding stars into the ground, unlike Kawhi yet :lol..

cutewizard
03-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Impressed by his stamina for a 37 yo coming off a long layoff playing this good in B2B (36 mins/30 mins)..He is certainly conditioned for it from spending a career under Phil/Thibs who are the masters of riding stars into the ground, unlike Kawhi yet :lol..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Will come in handy during the playoffs

:claw

cutewizard
03-05-2017, 06:32 AM
Point Center,

he can score from the outside

And he was wonderful passing skills.....

Wait till we get to the playoffs, i have a suspicion that he gets better every round....

spursistan
03-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Still hate his occasional softness and matador D but Pau has been arguably our second best player since ASB..He is getting better production/opportunities with the bench, i wouldn't mess around with the move even if the offensive struggles of the SL continue..

Seventyniner
03-19-2017, 09:55 PM
Still hate his occasional softness and matador D but Pau has been arguably our second best player since ASB..He is getting better production/opportunities with the bench, i wouldn't mess around with the move even if the offensive struggles of the SL continue..

Pau is to second stringers what Boban was to third stringers. But that actually can turn losses into wins.