PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: How great are they?

mavsfan1000
11-27-2016, 02:58 AM
Amazing Durant now leads the team in scoring and field goal percentage.

TDMVPDPOY
11-27-2016, 03:43 AM
allowing kd to shoot is better then having the ball in currys hands...cause we all know kd can be contain

mavsfan1000
11-27-2016, 03:52 AM
allowing kd to shoot is better then having the ball in currys hands...cause we all know kd can be contain
Yet he is shooting the better percentage. Explain that. I can. OKC doesn't have as good of players as GS. So easier for Durant to get the shots he wants.

Ball Buster
11-27-2016, 05:10 AM
they look like the got damn Olympic team for chrissakes. Firing on all cylinders currently... Skating to the finals this year

Robz4000
11-27-2016, 05:48 AM
Odds-on favorite to win the West, but I'm not sure they beat Lebron. Their interior issues also open the door for the Clippers and maybe the Spurs to upset them.

dfens
11-27-2016, 06:08 AM
my 'merican friends, let me help you with some German pragmatism.

the warriors will break down physically, already showing signs. It's hard to play against bigger guys all the time, everybody tires, no exceptions, and playing tired with a short bench is a sure recipe for injuries. This is a double whammy as the warriors are a shooting team and tired legs lead to slumps. I might even add a triple whammy as the warriors lack true leadership and they lack an alpha figure to look up to when things will get rough. And things get rough for everybody, it's natural.
Mathematically their chances of making the finals are smaller than you think, one shooting slump or another team gets hot and the warriors are DONE in the playoffs. If they aren't shooting ridiculously they have no rebounding, no high-low action, no post presence, no inside defense, no inside scoring, a weak bench. Remember those indiana vs heat games where roy hibbert looked like shaq? The spurs and clippers are bad matchups.

The results also show these facts, with them having close games vs trash like pelicans, phoenix, lakers or bucks, while also having poor results against the only quality teams they've faced: blown out by the spurs, tight win over a raptors(coming from a b2b with the cavs, also missing players key players!). They're lucky to be 15-2 after one of the weakest schedules in history (pelicans x2, suns x2, lakersx3, wolves, mavs, nuggets, okc).

The warriors are a perfect example of overspecialization leading to loss of adaptability. In football you can see this with many great teams, in that they play a single system to perfection but when they are challenged they can't adapt (e.g. barca vs inter or vs bayern, vs atletico, brasil in the late 70s and 80s, etc, argentina vs chile, etc). You can see it in many types of games. You can even see it in financial markets, and in game theory in general.

Adaptability to threats is also how you distinguish between knowledgeable people and casuals in sports, the casuals discuss margins of victory against non-threats while the knowledgeable people discuss in adaptability to threats. You win rings by adapting to threats not by beating the bottom feeders by 50.

TLDR : overrated.

99 Problems
11-27-2016, 07:29 AM
They look great beating up teams like today, Twolves, Nuggets, Suns etc and the commentary and wagon fans make me laugh (why do I watch? Someone up the back just asked, because I was watching Towns) but let's see them again up against Spurs, Clips and Cavs under pressure later on.

MultiTroll
11-27-2016, 11:01 AM
Nicely done.
If you would lose your association with Phaggot Lakers you would gain even more cred.

MultiTroll
11-27-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm sure David Lee has and will continue to add some valuable insight into the mind of Soft Warriors.

Leetonidas
11-27-2016, 11:32 AM
Lol they've been feasting on garbage teams. They really aren't that intimidating with their marshmallow soft interior and one defensive player on the whole team tbh

daslicer
11-27-2016, 12:42 PM
There are only 4 good teams in NBA which are the Warriors,Clippers,Spurs,Cavs. Outside of these 4 teams the rest of the league is garbage. So it's not shocking that Warriors are racking up wins. I expect them to win 60 plus wins but I don't think they can beat the Spurs,Cavs,Clippers in a 7 game series due to having a weak interior defense. Also I factor in that they don't have a bench which is another obstacle that is hard to overcome.

james evans
11-27-2016, 12:47 PM
I just hope they keep winning and keep Klay happy before the trade deadline.

DMC
11-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Shows just how shitty the NBA is that 25 of 30 teams are "weak schedule".

Ghazi
11-27-2016, 12:51 PM
they staaaaaaaaaaacked, but is the league fucked? Not sure.

in2deep
11-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Cleveland would beat them easily.

I also like the Spurs length vs them. David Lee on a mission.

I like my chances vs them compared to Clippers. I would avoid Clippers at all costs

dfens
11-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Nicely done.
If you would lose your association with Phaggot Lakers you would gain even more cred.

son I'm a laker fan because I was an exchange student for a couple of years in the early 90s in the LA area, where I still got family. I'm an LA Showtime fan and magic stan, and in no way or form a kirby fan. I actually dislike kobe and the kobe/laker fans, just a bunch of beta faggots tbh. I like good basketball tbh, I frankly don't give a shit who wins, I like solid, team first, pass the fucking ball basketball and I dislike gimmicky or ref crap like the warriors. Probably a bit of a lebeta fan, he is just too good of a player to not appreciate even though he can be a pussy :lol

For me the only team worth stanning for is my country tbh. #1 niggas :toast
http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/sports/20140714/germany-world-cup-champs-2014.jpg

spursistan
11-27-2016, 04:51 PM
they have feasted on a bunch of shitty and injured teams :lol..(only Raptors win was impressive).

Pacers: without PG/CJ Miles/Turner
Celtics: without Crowder/Horford
Lakers: 2x without D'Bust/Randle/Young
Pelicans: 2x (AD + D leaguers)
Mavs: 3rd stringers
Suns: 2x

nickdakoolkat
11-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Nothing is easy in the NBA. The warriors won't EASILY win the title....just as the Cavs won't easily beat the warriors. Look how hard it was for the cavs to beat them last year. I think they have the best shot at winning the the title but it will be hard just like every other title won in professional sports. As for this easy schedule bullshit i don't wanna hear it. They whooped Portland on the road, the Thunder, the celtics on the road, and the raptors. If it was so easy to beat these mediocre NBA teams how come everyone isn't 15-2

Spurtacular
11-27-2016, 09:37 PM
No Bogut (even no Speights) in the playoffs will doom them, tbh.

DeRozan m8
11-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Will still choke when it matters, team of betas with a lot of holes in it.

Yeah they can score, cool, they could score last year too....

JohnnyMax
11-27-2016, 10:48 PM
Apparently you do not understand what makes the motion offense optimally efficient.

Matt Bonner wasn't a pick and Pop guy. He was a spread four. There's a huge difference IMO.

When you have 48 minutes of pick and pop guys utilized in your offense-- the overall offense will suffer and will not be optimally effective/efficient especially in a series vs. a great team. Good teams/defenses will stay at home on the weakside almost always -- giving up the 15-18 footer to the Arthurs and David Wests of the NBA. Its the worst shot an offense can take and it doesn't take any effort from the weak-side perimeter defenders. Weak-side perimeter defenders stay at home and it becomes a lot harder for the motion offense to develop the highest +EV shots ( open corner 3's on weak-side, layups/dunks or open 3's in general).

That is what made Splitter w/ the 2nd unit so valuable and thats why they almost always built on to leads. It was a lay up or a wide open three for the Spurs offense every possession and ball-movement was effective because all 5 defenders had to scramble. Having West instead of Splitter w/ 2nd unit this year hurt Spurs motion offense when it mattered (vs elite teams; it wasn't as efficient), all five defenders didn't have to scramble as much because they didn't have to worry about a diver sucking in the defense in the middle of the lane -- the defenders of the PnR would just stay under and gave the mid-range to West. It allowed the weak-side perimeter D stay at home and it became really difficult for Green, Mills or Manu to get going or to get off a clean look.

As for Bonner, he was never a mid-range pick and pop guy -- he was a spread four and opponents had to defend Bonner if he did pop out because he popped out to the three point line and was very efficient. A wide open three is a much more valuable shot than a open mid-range two in the long run -- its not even close. Plus, Bonner was most effective when he played with Splitter or healthy TD -- both were great divers in the motion offense from 12-14'.

Look at the Warriors offense for example -- they have 48 minutes of offense that features a diver in at all times ( Bogut/Ezeli) -- which helps their motion offense be optimally effective.

Maybe now you understand why I'm saying Spurs don't need another pick and pop midrange big.

apalisoc_9
11-27-2016, 11:45 PM
they have feasted on a bunch of shitty and injured teams :lol..(only Raptors win was impressive).

Pacers: without PG/CJ Miles/Turner
Celtics: without Crowder/Horford
Lakers: 2x without D'Bust/Randle/Young
Pelicans: 2x (AD + D leaguers)
Mavs: 3rd stringers
Suns: 2x

Raps was on a back to back. They have a favourbale schedule, IIRC in 82

Kawhitstorm
11-27-2016, 11:56 PM
Yet he is shooting the better percentage. Explain that. I can. OKC doesn't have as good of players as GS. So easier for Durant to get the shots he wants.

OKC had MUCH BETTER rim protectors, Kawhi/LeBron are going to run a train on Zaza/D-Worst.:lol

JaVale McGee::lmao

mavsfan1000
11-28-2016, 04:30 PM
OKC had MUCH BETTER rim protectors, Kawhi/LeBron are going to run a train on Zaza/D-Worst.:lol

JaVale McGee::lmao
But their offense sucked. They relied on their athleticism to make up for a shitty offense. Totally different in GS.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-28-2016, 04:33 PM
Their lack of size is really going to hurt them come playoff time. They have plenty of superstar to run o75% of the league off the court, but I think Cleveland will beat them in 6 games and the Clippers could be a dark horse to beat them in the WCF.

Killakobe81
11-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Their lack of size is really going to hurt them come playoff time. They have plenty of superstar to run o75% of the league off the court, but I think Cleveland will beat them in 6 games and the Clippers could be a dark horse to beat them in the WCF.

Clippers?! They may beat Spurs but Clips won't beat The Warriors only teams,that can beat Dubs are Cavs and MAYBE Spurs

spursistan
12-02-2016, 02:18 AM
:lol they have struggled against every above average opponent they've faced..

Looking forward to see if Clippers destroy them inside; their match-up is next week..

Robz4000
12-02-2016, 02:25 AM
That officiating advantage may be too much to overcome in a 7-game series. Raymond is allowed to play under '90s rules while everyone else is getting the :lol Today's NBA treatment.

spursistan
12-29-2016, 01:00 AM
The air of invincibility has been completely punched out of this team, tbh..

Curry regression in the new offensive structure/hierarchy has hurt more than what KD brought to them..They can still beat up on the dregs of the league, but it feels like they are more guardable than last season for disciplined teams ..

mavsfan1000
12-29-2016, 03:17 AM
The air of invincibility has been completely punched out of this team, tbh..

Curry regression in the new offensive structure/hierarchy has hurt more than what KD brought to them..They can still beat up on the dregs of the league, but it feels like they are more guardable than last season for disciplined teams ..
Bogut was the key. But he is generally too injury prone to rely on.

Thebesteva
12-29-2016, 03:21 AM
Bogut was the key. But he is generally too injury prone to rely on. Agreed...they need to protect the rim

mavsfan1000
12-29-2016, 03:28 AM
Agreed...they need to protect the rim
His illegal screens as well.

Mr. Body
12-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Imagine if they had got Dedmon.

spursistan
01-06-2017, 02:03 PM

spursistan
01-07-2017, 01:32 AM
:lmao

blowing 24 point lead at home

spursistan
01-08-2017, 03:54 AM

Big thing if he's truly washed, and not just coasting..

Spurtacular
01-08-2017, 06:21 AM

Never seen it shittier; at least before it was contained to a conference.

spursistan
01-08-2017, 01:01 PM

Good breakdown of the match-up with current dynamics ....Leaning more and more to the same conclusion..I think Cavs will repeat, probably in 6, since GSW will likely have HCA should they meet again.

DMC
01-08-2017, 04:03 PM
If Korver makes CLE better than GS and that's different than last year, then someone is saying Korver on CLE is better than GS sans Bogut even with Durant.

dfens
01-09-2017, 10:26 AM

the warriors will break down physically, already showing signs. It's hard to play against bigger guys all the time, everybody tires, no exceptions, and playing tired with a short bench is a sure recipe for injuries. This is a double whammy as the warriors are a shooting team and tired legs lead to slumps. I might even add a triple whammy as the warriors lack true leadership and they lack an alpha figure to look up to when things will get rough. And things get rough for everybody, it's natural.
Mathematically their chances of making the finals are smaller than you think, one shooting slump or another team gets hot and the warriors are DONE in the playoffs. If they aren't shooting ridiculously they have no rebounding, no high-low action, no post presence, no inside defense, no inside scoring, a weak bench. Remember those indiana vs heat games where roy hibbert looked like shaq? The spurs and clippers are bad matchups.

The results also show these facts, with them having close games vs trash like pelicans, phoenix, lakers or bucks, while also having poor results against the only quality teams they've faced: blown out by the spurs, tight win over a raptors(coming from a b2b with the cavs, also missing players key players!). They're lucky to be 15-2 after one of the weakest schedules in history (pelicans x2, suns x2, lakersx3, wolves, mavs, nuggets, okc).

The warriors are a perfect example of overspecialization leading to loss of adaptability. In football you can see this with many great teams, in that they play a single system to perfection but when they are challenged they can't adapt (e.g. barca vs inter or vs bayern, vs atletico, brasil in the late 70s and 80s, etc, argentina vs chile, etc). You can see it in many types of games. You can even see it in financial markets, and in game theory in general.

Adaptability to threats is also how you distinguish between knowledgeable people and casuals in sports, the casuals discuss margins of victory against non-threats while the knowledgeable people discuss in adaptability to threats. You win rings by adapting to threats not by beating the bottom feeders by 50.

bump sons. The only thing that surprises me is that they're going all in in the regular season again. This is such a corporate style management, all about the metrics, zero growth.

lefty
01-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Never seen it shittier; at least before it was contained to a conference.
:lmao todays NBA

Amuseddaysleeper
01-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Today's NBA is a joke. Less title contenders than ever, feels like 80% of the league should be in the lottery.

The West is an absolute joke, worst it's been in the past 15 years and don't even get me started on the East.

Oh, and fuck the Warriors, I'll be happy if anyone but them win it this year.

dfens
01-09-2017, 12:54 PM
tbh I just hope dubeta and cucky will provide us with some A++ chocking, hopefully against the spurs or the clippers. Outchocking the clippers would be something tbh!

DMC
01-09-2017, 06:09 PM
tbh I just hope dubeta and cucky will provide us with some A++ chocking, hopefully against the spurs or the clippers. Outchocking the clippers would be something tbh!

http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/wheel-chocks-3.jpg

HarlemHeat37
02-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Warriors have looked unbeatable the past few weeks, coinciding with Curry returning to form, tbh..he looks as dominant as ever..

I think it was Kawhistorm that called it IIRC, he said Curry would turn it on after a slow start since he couldn't rehab properly during the off-season..

monosylab1k
02-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Amazing Durant now leads the team in scoring and field goal percentage.

:lmao now you're a Warriors fan :lmao Bandwagoning faggot :lmao Jordan Era Bulls fan, Dirk Era Mavs fan, Obama Era liberal, Trump Era conservative, Durant Era Dubs fan :lmao what a shitty human being.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Warriors have looked unbeatable the past few weeks, coinciding with Curry returning to form, tbh..he looks as dominant as ever..

I think it was Kawhistorm that called it IIRC, he said Curry would turn it on after a slow start since he couldn't rehab properly during the off-season..

Speaking of Kawhistorm, A few regulars have stopped posting since the Site us now unavailable for most chrome users. :lol

Robz4000
02-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Gonna wait and see with the Dubs tbh. They've looked monstrous against most of the NBA in the regular season the past few years only to struggle in postseason play, albeit last year they had extenuating circumstances (Curry falling from DMo's ass sweat :lol, Green's suspension, Bogut's injury). Durant, Thompson, and Curry to a lesser extent are also notorious postseason chokers.

mavsfan1000
02-02-2017, 01:45 AM
:lmao now you're a Warriors fan :lmao Bandwagoning faggot :lmao Jordan Era Bulls fan, Dirk Era Mavs fan, Obama Era liberal, Trump Era conservative, Durant Era Dubs fan :lmao what a shitty human being.
You are obsessed with bandwagons. But I was neither a big Warriors fan or Obama supporter.

spursistan
02-02-2017, 04:26 AM
Gonna wait and see with the Dubs tbh. They've looked monstrous against most of the NBA in the regular season the past few years only to struggle in postseason play, albeit last year they had extenuating circumstances (Curry falling from DMo's ass sweat :lol, Green's suspension, Bogut's injury). Durant, Thompson, and Curry to a lesser extent are also notorious postseason chokers.
Cosign..:tu

lefty
02-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Speaking of Kawhistorm, A few regulars have stopped posting since the Site us now unavailable for most chrome users. :lol
Yeah WTF is going on with Spurstalk on CHrome tbh ?

"serious threat is serious"

But you can still use it on Chrome when you click on "details"

02-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Russians tbh

Fabbs
02-02-2017, 11:02 AM
#1 seed overall and glitzy regular season record has not meant Championship in NBA, MLB, nor NFL in most of the last 10 years.

These phaggots are hardly a lock for the 'Ship.
Curry looks like he has upped his roid dose tho and is looking better.

Kyle Orton
02-02-2017, 02:52 PM
#1 seed overall and glitzy regular season record has not meant Championship in NBA, MLB, nor NFL in most of the last 10 years.

These phaggots are hardly a lock for the 'Ship.
Curry looks like he has upped his roid dose tho and is looking better.

if you died today, would anybody notice or care?

Fabbs
02-02-2017, 03:38 PM
if you died today, would anybody notice or care?
Yes absolutely.
How about you?