11-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Wasn't expecting you to actually post a link to explain your title, tbh:lol

lefty
11-28-2016, 09:31 PM
Wasn't expecting you to actually post a link to explain your title, tbh:lol

So did you enjoy the videos?

ambchang
11-28-2016, 10:17 PM
No doubt Jordan was one of the most protected athletes in league history but his FTA actually went down in the early 90s. Additionally, the rules that benefited Jordan benefited all the perimeter players that came after, not to mention the rules got even more beneficial to perimeter players on offense in the early 00s. In other words, Lebron played in an even more beneficial environment than Jordan did.

That said, I don't agree that Jordan is clear cut the GOAT. He is most definitely the first choice, but Lew Alcindor, bird, magic and wilt all have a case depending on what criteria you use.

ambchang
11-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Btw, Jordan pretty much popularized the concept of superstar calls.

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2016, 11:11 PM
So did you enjoy the videos?

Nothing I didn't know, tbh..I don't have anything against DK the basketball player, though, he's the GOAT, unfortunately..

DMC
11-28-2016, 11:58 PM
No doubt Jordan was one of the most protected athletes in league history but his FTA actually went down in the early 90s. Additionally, the rules that benefited Jordan benefited all the perimeter players that came after, not to mention the rules got even more beneficial to perimeter players on offense in the early 00s. In other words, Lebron played in an even more beneficial environment than Jordan did.

That said, I don't agree that Jordan is clear cut the GOAT. He is most definitely the first choice, but Lew Alcindor, bird, magic and wilt all have a case depending on what criteria you use.

Being "most definitely the first choice" makes it clear cut, so I don't get your point.

lefty
11-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Nothing I didn't know, tbh..I don't have anything against DK the basketball player, though, he's the GOAT, unfortunately..

DK is your GOAT ? :wow

lefty
11-29-2016, 09:48 AM

Stern decided that perimeter players were more spectaculr than big men

Kareem Abd Ul Jabbar, Bird, Wilt, Cockluva do have a case for GOAT tbh

In those vidoes, it's interesting to see MJ vs Drexler before the rules changed in favor of Mike, and after (1992 Finals); because of the shitty 92 officiating, people think MJ was better than Clyde, but I'm not so sure he was tbh

ambchang
11-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Stern decided that perimeter players were more spectaculr than big men

Kareem Abd Ul Jabbar, Bird, Wilt, Cockluva do have a case for GOAT tbh

In those vidoes, it's interesting to see MJ vs Drexler before the rules changed in favor of Mike, and after (1992 Finals); because of the shitty 92 officiating, people think MJ was better than Clyde, but I'm not so sure he was tbh

Wouldn't go so far as to say Clyde >= MJ, as the video itself was obviously biased. The base argument is that MJ was a God and that no one can even approach him, not even for a play, and that is a total strawman argument. MJ was good, clearly better than Drexler, but from an overall impact perspective, he wasn't necessarily better than Jabbar, Magic, Wilt or Bird, depending on perspective. I would still rank him #1 all time, but it's not as clear cut as people make it out to be. Jordan requires a very specific setup as a team to win, whereas a guy like Duncan has proven he can lead his team to championships in multiple team make up. The only other person who can say that is Russell.

Jordan did pave the way for the new NBA though, all perimeter based, all offense, no more pound it inside and muscle for 2 points. He also brought billions and billions of dollars to everyone who came after him.

lefty
11-29-2016, 05:39 PM
But yeah, Bird is the GOAT tbh