PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Luke Walton, tbh.

RsxPiimp
11-29-2016, 05:14 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NkCho9Ypn-4/WDkd2YZQdeI/AAAAAAAAUz8/kPzNNlsvXfkmgVqIaoeXv47eXajslXjZgCL0B/h829/Capture.PNG

:wow

Also made chuckers like Lou Williams and Nick Young catalysts and team players, great pick up by Mitch tbh. I remember people here were pushing for Brooks and Messina :lol and Thibs who's struggling in Minnesota despite having better roster.

spursistan
11-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Great pickup for you, guys..I dare say he is better coach than Kerrr; even the Warriors looked more dominant with him, tbh..

Fabbs
11-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Cancer free >>>>> Stage 5 cancer.

But I agree I like the style they play.
Nick Young is still a bitch tho. Surprised he made the team and gets the minutes he does. Perhaps the rest of league made it known the Lakers would get nothing for him in return.

William Hung
11-29-2016, 07:04 PM
The Kobe Effect

baseline bum
11-29-2016, 07:12 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NkCho9Ypn-4/WDkd2YZQdeI/AAAAAAAAUz8/kPzNNlsvXfkmgVqIaoeXv47eXajslXjZgCL0B/h829/Capture.PNG

:wow

Also made chuckers like Lou Williams and Nick Young catalysts and team players, great pick up by Mitch tbh. I remember people here were pushing for Brooks and Messina :lol and Thibs who's struggling in Minnesota despite having better roster.

Laker fans wanted Brooks? :lol

RsxPiimp
11-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Laker fans wanted Brooks? :lol

Yeah man. That's desperation tbh. :lol

RsxPiimp
11-29-2016, 07:54 PM
The Kobe Effect

Also true.

whitemamba
11-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Luke > Popazit

StrengthAndHonor
11-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Luke is so legit! I would trade anyone not named CP3 or Blake Griffin for Luke for sure.

11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Currently getting bent over by the hapless Pelicans :lol

but yes, he was probably the best coach available out the bunch, although a bit of gamble. One couldve argued before the hire that his success last year was due to GS already being a great team.

Ball Buster
11-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Currently getting bent over by the hapless Pelicans :lol

but yes, he was probably the best coach available out the bunch, although a bit of gamble. One couldve argued before the hire that his success last year was due to GS already being a great team. Lakers embarrassed them the last game. And also theyre minus two starters with Randle playing injured

Ball Buster
11-29-2016, 09:49 PM
Great signing, best possible choice of coaches available. And also Luke's coaching staff is fantastic. Great mix of different personalities all knowledgeable and likable fellows

Ball Buster
11-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Luke Walton will be the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for the next 10 to 20 years easily. The coaching Carousel is over

whitemamba
11-29-2016, 10:22 PM
Luke Walton will be the head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for the next 10 to 20 years easily. The coaching Carousel is over

Agreed he already won over laker nation with that video of him playing defense.

Fabbs
11-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Luke > Popazit
Hoping this playoff matchup happens.

Ball Buster
11-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Agreed he already won over laker nation with that video of him playing defense.

he had my vote last year when he was running things for Golden State with the crazy long winning streak. Like some are saying, he might even be a better Coach than Steve Kerr.

benefactor
11-29-2016, 11:13 PM
It's been fun watching the them take a caning from the rest of the league, but the Lakers need to be back in the playoffs tbh. World isn't really right without it.

Clipper Nation
11-29-2016, 11:19 PM
It's been fun watching the them take a caning from the rest of the league, but the Lakers need to be back in the playoffs tbh. World isn't really right without it.
Fuck that. I'd be content with the Lakers never making the playoffs again.

ambchang
11-29-2016, 11:22 PM
:lol laker fans ignoring the purple and gold $48.5 elephant in the room per par.

Lakers improved a lot, it's because of the coach, never mind they have sucked with 3 different coaches, one of which is having decent success with another team. Nevermind the players came out and said the team is playing better because they don't have to pass to one person and get out of the way every possession. It's because of the coach.

Mikeanaro
11-29-2016, 11:30 PM
:lol laker fans ignoring the purple and gold $48.5 elephant in the room per par.

Lakers improved a lot, it's because of the coach, never mind they have sucked with 3 different coaches, one of which is having decent success with another team. Nevermind the players came out and said the team is playing better because they don't have to pass to one person and get out of the way every possession. It's because of the coach.
Agreed, kinda naive to credit Luke Walton now that Korpsbe is not around anymore, Kobs deserves the credit here.

Ball Buster
11-29-2016, 11:53 PM
:lol Faggots that claim to be from LA and hate the Dodgers and Lakers

:lmao But I like the Kings and San Diego Chargers though

whitemamba
11-30-2016, 12:41 AM
Hoping this playoff matchup happens.

Fabbs my nigga just hope we get to the playoffs first :toast

whitemamba
11-30-2016, 12:56 AM

Relax, there's a lot of laker fans on record including myself that wanted Kobe to retire , but last season was a dud , so we enjoyed the last year of Kobe even though it was painful to watch. Should of probably retired after that knee and shoulder injury , but Kobe is an attention whore and marketing machine , worked out in his favor , just about everyone was praising him and shit and honestly it was kind of gay , but what ever , new season , new coach , new era. Let's move on.

DMC
11-30-2016, 04:37 AM
If the Lakers miss the playoffs two more years in a row, Luke will probably be canned. Lakers have a history of not placing blame where it should be placed.

Besides, just a couple or so years back when rapey bryant was out, Lakers started the season pretty well. That's when rapey scoffed at them and say they weren't world beaters or some passive aggressive faggot shit.

Let's talk again in March.

ambchang
11-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Relax, there's a lot of laker fans on record including myself that wanted Kobe to retire , but last season was a dud , so we enjoyed the last year of Kobe even though it was painful to watch. Should of probably retired after that knee and shoulder injury , but Kobe is an attention whore and marketing machine , worked out in his favor , just about everyone was praising him and shit and honestly it was kind of gay , but what ever , new season , new coach , new era. Let's move on.

Sure you did, whitemamba.
Also, shockingly early for you to throw blackmamba under the bus. Didn't think you would until the next anointed one shows up.

SpursforSix
11-30-2016, 11:04 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/9zyu5u.jpg

K...
11-30-2016, 11:12 AM
]Good good, now you just need a good gm
The spurs fans have been so hungry for a purple and gold cucking. The sooner the better. This whole being good shit but not repeating is getting old.

Mori Chu
11-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Lakers are better because cancer Kobe retiredPERIOD

Joseph Kony
11-30-2016, 12:42 PM
tbh you can try to prop up luke but we all know why the numbers went up and its because a certain cancerous chucker finally retired and is no longer draining the will and desire from his teammates

whitemamba
11-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Sure you did, whitemamba.
Also, shockingly early for you to throw blackmamba under the bus. Didn't think you would until the next anointed one shows up.

you want me to bitch slap you again and prove it? Your takes are so easy to squash its sick.

ambchang
11-30-2016, 02:34 PM
you want me to bitch slap you again and prove it? Your takes are so easy to squash its sick.

Sure, after you learn what "again" and "prove" mean.

whitemamba
11-30-2016, 03:40 PM
Sure, after you learn what "again" and "prove" mean.
That's what I thought old man.

Thebesteva
11-30-2016, 05:59 PM
The Kobe Effect Thank God he is gone...fuck man after 2011 it got really bad.

ambchang
11-30-2016, 06:37 PM
That's what I thought old man.

So you are saying you under stand neither of those words? :tu

RsxPiimp
11-30-2016, 07:11 PM
tbh you can try to prop up luke but we all know why the numbers went up and its because a certain cancerous chucker finally retired and is no longer draining the will and desire from his teammates

word. cant disagree with that.

just happy with the luke pick. 1st time in what 5 years? i feel the lakers finally had a direction lol.

Clipper Nation
11-30-2016, 08:20 PM
Thank God he is gone...fuck man after 1996 it got really bad.
FIFY

spursistan
11-30-2016, 11:17 PM
The Lakers will make the playoffs :lol..

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2016, 11:21 PM
Lakers' organization did things the correct way, tbh..

They milked Kobe for ticket sales and media coverage while the team was rebuilding, hired the worst coach in NBA history to lead the tank, gave him his farewell tour and didn't alienate any of his cult following, and now they're moving in a successful direction..

All they have to do is trade D'Tective now, since they will never attract any FAs if he's still on the team..they could probably get a nice package for him, too, despite his slow start to the season..

Thebesteva
12-01-2016, 04:04 AM
We weren't winning 5 without Kobe...that Shaq team was a one and done type deal without Kobe.

TDMVPDPOY
12-01-2016, 07:16 AM
why do lakers need snitch, when clarkson is the superior player?

The Gemini Method
12-01-2016, 01:17 PM
At lease he has the Lakers competitive. If injuries weren't such a factor early on, we could possibly have had a better record then 10-10. I have been to a game in the early going and the energy at Staples is great. This is all we asked for: competitiveness. One step forward.

JoeTait75
12-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Lake Show deserves credit for trying to build the right way with young talent instead of going the Knicks route and looking for the quick fix.

Joseph Kony
12-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Lake Show deserves credit for trying to build the right way with young talent instead of going the Knicks route and looking for the quick fix.not really, they were forced to because of no one wanting to play with Kobe's corpse and deal with their shitty coach and trainwreck of a team the last couple years. they were shunned by FAs and had no real tradeable assets, at least none that would get them anything of equal value in return. good to see them rebuild but imo if they could've taken the knicks way they would have :lol

Raven
12-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Lake Show deserves credit for trying to build the right way with young talent instead of going the Knicks route and looking for the quick fix.

you mean like signing timofey mozgov, luol deng and lou williams?

whitemamba
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM
not really, they were forced to because of no one wanting to play with Kobe's corpse and deal with their shitty coach and trainwreck of a team the last couple years. they were shunned by FAs and had no real tradeable assets, at least none that would get them anything of equal value in return. good to see them rebuild but imo if they could've taken the knicks way they would have :lol

fuck u for this truth nuke joseph, but you are absolutely correct. Give them credit for drafting clarkson, sticking with randle, not drafting bustafor. Everything else was just a product of their own fuck up, and we lucked out really. No one wanted to play with aging TOSB kobe, and we had no pieces. Now Kobe is gone, young pieces are in place and they made the right move by keeping JC, signign Luke etc, So they lucked out yes, but they didnt make retard mistakes like in the last few years.

The Gemini Method
12-01-2016, 07:04 PM
you mean like signing timofey mozgov, luol deng and lou williams? Incorrect about Lou Williams--he was already on the team when Luke took over. Luol Deng has been a waste and Mozgov was overpaid. However, what exactly were they going to do? There needed to be filler in the gaps between Randle, Clarckson, Ingram, and Russell.

Raven
12-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Incorrect about Lou Williams--he was already on the team when Luke took over. Luol Deng has been a waste and Mozgov was overpaid. However, what exactly were they going to do? There needed to be filler in the gaps between Randle, Clarckson, Ingram, and Russell.

what does this have to do with Luke? If they were playing with the youngsters they wouldn't have signed them imo. They wanted to be competitive and they signed some vets to do that. No biggie, but calling that building through the draft is meh, after all you guys are already paying Clarkson danny green money

The Gemini Method
12-01-2016, 07:28 PM
what does this have to do with Luke? If they were playing with the youngsters they wouldn't have signed them imo. They wanted to be competitive and they signed some vets to do that. No biggie, but calling that building through the draft is meh, after all you guys are already paying Clarkson danny green money Because they signed Williams prior to Walton getting there. You made it sound like this was something they did post- Luke's hiring--it wasn't. He was signed prior to him taking over. Nor can you build a complete team solely based on the draft. That's why they got Williams. I'm not sure why they got the other two. But it does seem to at least bring some competitiveness to the Lakers that was lacking.

DMC
12-02-2016, 08:19 PM
you mean like signing timofey mozgov, luol deng and lou williams?

Because you know the Lakers were thinking "rebuilding" when they signed Howard and Nash, and tried to sign Howard again.. They were thinking "rebuilding" when they paid Kobe 50m for sitting on the bench for 2 years, when they drafted Russell and Randle with high draft picks, when they hired Mike D, Mike Brown, Byron Scott... and they were thinking "rebuilding" when they signed those people you just mentioned.

Yeah... that Chaz is a genius. Does things the right way.

People ITT have revisionist glasses, except HH and he's trolling.

StrengthAndHonor
03-14-2018, 10:34 AM
Man, Walton thus far in his career has done a good job in earning initial praise. The way he maximize the Lakers core and development has been very impressive. I haven’t checked their stats but, I think they’re still Top 10 in defensive rating.

Kudos to Luke, tbh.

SpursforSix
03-14-2018, 12:44 PM
Man, Walton thus far in his career has done a good job in earning initial praise. The way he maximize the Lakers core and development has been very impressive. I haven’t checked their stats but, I think they’re still Top 10 in defensive rating.

Kudos to Luke, tbh.

More impressive that he was able to escape this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4926004001_3b738c07f3.jpg

whitemamba
03-14-2018, 02:12 PM
More impressive that he was able to escape this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4926004001_3b738c07f3.jpg

i remember when someone photoshopped the white pants guy in this picture.. classic