PDA

View Full Version : Play Spurs GM Before Trade Deadline

Pages : [1] 2

Spurs9
11-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Lets say you are given the keys to be GM of this team. What realistic moves would you make before the trade deadline specificly to even be able to challange the Warriors team?

8FOR!3
11-30-2016, 09:23 PM
I think we've shown that if we don't play like dog shit we can challenge any team. That being said we need a scorer off the bench who can shoot and handle the ball some.

LittleCriminal
11-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Kyle Anderson to the Mavs for Justin Anderson

pad300
11-30-2016, 10:58 PM
Laprovittola + 2017 First round pick
to
Timberwolves for
Tyus Jones and Timberwolves 2nd round pick 2018

Tyus Jones is actually a pretty good young pg - and he's definitely the Wolves 3ed pg. I'd love to have him take over for Parker, but even if not, he'd make pretty good insurance for Patty leaving.

gambit1990
11-30-2016, 10:59 PM
i'm trading parker.

ginobilized
11-30-2016, 11:25 PM
Aldridge for a solid big man and a decent point guard (Valanciunas and Cory Joseph?)

BatManu20
11-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Fathead for Anthony Davis.

palangi
12-01-2016, 01:12 AM
LMA to Milwaukee for Greg Monroe and Rashad Vaughn and a second rounder

Danny Green and Kyle Anderson and Forbes and a future second rounder for Nerlans Noel and Robert Covington

PG- Parker, Mills, Lap, Murray
SG- Covington, Manu, Vaughn
SF- Leonard, Simmons, Bertans
PF- Monroe, Noel, Lee
C- Gasol, Dedmon

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 01:13 AM
Aldridge to PHX

Jrue Holiday, T. Jones, Cunningham pick to SA

Knight, Bender, Chriss to Pelicans

( Pels get Knight on a fair deal 12 mi next 4 yrs vs. paying 22+ mil for Jrue and get Bender as a nice prospect to grow w/ Anthony Davis at the 5.)

Then I'd turn around trade Mills for a late 1st to a contender out East (Hawks?) ( Jrue would start at PG, Parker would be back up -- no room for Mills).

james evans
12-01-2016, 01:23 AM
Anderson just has to go. And try to sucker the kings into taking Aldridge for Cousins

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 01:42 AM
https://s21.postimg.org/py80ro507/Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_3_48_41_PM.png

ElNono
12-01-2016, 01:50 AM
Patty + Anderson for Belinelli... numbers work.

We get something for Patty before he goes away, we get Beli on a friendly contract that's expiring next season...

You give Murray/Lapro/Manu some run at backup PG, and you get a good off the ball player that can give you good shooting and already knows the system to shore up the bench...

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 01:55 AM

We get something for Patty before he goes away, we get Beli on a friendly contract that's expiring next season...

You give Murray/Lapro/Manu some run at backup PG, and you get a good off the ball player that can give you good shooting and already knows the system to shore up the bench...

Id prefer Lamb over Belinelli.

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 01:58 AM

beli isn't worth giving up patty for.

even for getting him on a friendly contract. manu's contract comes off the book after this season anyways.

parker is getting a raise next season. if you have the keys to be GM, you get rid of him.

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 02:02 AM
Id prefer Lamb over Belinelli.
lamb isn't worth giving up patty for either.

ElNono
12-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Patty is walking away for nothing at the end of the season. I get the feeling he's going to get offered a ton of money by some team with good capspace, and he's gone.

I don't want him gone, but I feel the Spurs would have to massively overpay in a multi-year deal to keep him. So might aswell try to get something back.

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 02:15 AM
if you have the keys and you're giving up patty... aim higher.

ElNono
12-01-2016, 02:24 AM
if you have the keys and you're giving up patty... aim higher.

It says play GM before the deadline... I'm talking tweaking here, for this season, not blow it up...

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 02:34 AM
It says play GM before the deadline... I'm talking tweaking here, for this season, not blow it up...
beli for patty isn't a positive tweak for this season.

you said beli would "give you good shooting and already knows the system to shore up the bench"...
-patty is a better shooter
-patty has been with the spurs longer so probably knows the system better
-beli won't shore up the bench anymore than patty already is

lefty20
12-01-2016, 04:04 AM
I can't imagine any team willing to take Parker under any circumstances. It's a pipe dream and nothing more.

ElNono
12-01-2016, 04:15 AM
beli for patty isn't a positive tweak for this season.

you said beli would "give you good shooting and already knows the system to shore up the bench"...
-patty is a better shooter
-patty has been with the spurs longer so probably knows the system better
-beli won't shore up the bench anymore than patty already is

you forgot the "plays off the ball" part, which this team is lacking...

I rather keep Patty, but he's gonna move on, and
- we have a logjam at backup PG
- Patty is the only player besides Danny that has good enough value to make a trade happen (LMA, Kawhi and Gasol are not going anywhere this season, IMO, Manu and Tony are retiring as Spurs, the rest has no real value)
- if it doesn't work out, you have an expiring $6m contract for next season

Could it make us worse? sure. Could it be just a lateral move? sure.

I know some peeps here didn't love Marco, tbh, especially for his defense... but Pop just commented a few weeks ago how the Spurs were never really able to replace him since he left...

ElNono
12-01-2016, 04:16 AM
And I'm one of the biggest Patty fans in here, tbh... gonna be sad to see him go at the end of the season...

spursistan
12-01-2016, 02:03 PM
I'm resigned to losing Mills in free agency. If PATFO can find a way to get an asset or somehow upgrade the back-court by packaging him at the trade deadline, I would certainly do it..

By Jan/February, this team should get a clear idea about their postseason chances..It is gonna suck seeing him in Pistons uniform as we get nothing in return per par :lol..

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Manure is outta here. Clearly holding back Paddy

kaji157
12-01-2016, 02:10 PM
All the trades that would considerably increase our chances should be to get a very good to great Point Guard or at least Combo guard.

All of those trades would involve trading either Manu or Tony.

A true Spur GM won´t trade them.

spursistan
12-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Damn resident GM Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) hasn't posted yet in this thread :wow ..thoughts ?

tbdog
12-01-2016, 02:23 PM
We got like no assets, Mills expiring isn't one of them. We won't be making any big deals, unfortunately.

kaji157
12-01-2016, 02:31 PM
Jeremy Lamb is someone i would try to add, but he can only "makes us better" if he explodes with us, on his very first season with us.

Two very improbable and big IFs.

But he has been playing very well on the limited time he has been on court with the Charlotte.

SpurPadre
12-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Just drag TD's ass out of retirement, tell him to swallow his pride and give us 8-10 minutes a game off the bench, tbh.

Chinook
12-01-2016, 02:36 PM
Damn resident GM Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) hasn't posted yet in this thread :wow ..thoughts ?

Eh. It's hard to know what "realistic" means. If it's not realistic for either Tony or Manu to be moved, there's nothing the Spurs can do.

12-01-2016, 02:43 PM
And I'm one of the biggest Patty fans in here, tbh... gonna be sad to see him go at the end of the season...
Patty era needs to end tbh even at a reasonable price I think it's time we move on.

12-01-2016, 02:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dU9wiF6.png

CGD
12-01-2016, 02:50 PM
Anderson + small asset for Oubre

CGD
12-01-2016, 02:53 PM

Ditto

Maddog
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM
I don't see any realistic trade options. Lack of real assetts, lack of realisticly available targets.
You also have a team that is 11-4, not quite in sync, so hard to pull the trigger.
A good defensive and/or combo point guard would be good, but not sure any are reasonably available.

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 03:33 PM
And I'm one of the biggest Patty fans in here, tbh... gonna be sad to see him go at the end of the season...I see all the points you are making, in terms of not losing him and coming up completely empty handed, him moving on for a big contract, and very likely a larger role, etc... I remember the season the Spurs had an avalanche of "riches" at the PG spot with CoJo, in reality a rotation player for any other team, at the 3rd string PG. He could have been traded that season so as to not let him go for nothing. He didn't really play at all in the Clippers series, and considering how Tony was playing, giving CoJo a day in the sun in the series might have helped... specially after we saw him have a few very good games for the Raptors in the playoffs last season. It's just one of those things that one can attach to the list of Pop postseason blunders. But the point I wanted to make was that he could have fetched someone back.

PATFO
instead didn't trade him. I guess PATFO wanted to keep him if it was possible.. maybe if LMA didn't sign... but I tend to think even if LMA had not joined the team and they had cap, they wouldn't have matched on CoJo's Raptors offer bc it was too much for a guy that would be swinging as a 3rd string PG and 1st when Tony was injured. It's just one of those things.

I get the feeling sometimes that Patty will be too overpriced to retain, but then I realize that Manu is likely retiring and of that entire title group he would be the only remaining player to lead a bench and his microwave scoring screams 6th man... and as a 6th man he would play more minutes than Tony at times and close out games if Tony is struggling. I just think if Spurs are deadset on continuing with Tony and developing Murray for a starting role (a very likely scenario), Patty can fit in as a bridge between the two and give you bench scoring. To me he fits a role for the Spurs going forward.

But it's anyone's guess what kind of offer he gets offer and whether the Spurs only moves in FA when the time comes include just paying to retain Patty and one of Dedmon or Simmons (if Simmons doesn't get out of his shooting slump through the season and remains as a player that just attacks the basket and gives you good defense, maybe his contract is not outrageous and Spurs can retain him... really depends on his play in the postseason... he's a guy that could shoot poorly all season --currently at 19% from 3-- and then get hot in one series like he did in that GSW game and someone come in and buy high on him too. You know Van Gundy will hype him up. lol)

Anyways, I have chatted too much as I tend to do. My crystal ball is clouded on Patty truth be told.. but considering the player he is for the Spurs, nah they don't trade him. The Spurs take their chances in FA with him and see what they can do.

(Really for me one of LMA or GAsol needs to go..)

dabom
12-01-2016, 03:39 PM

Chinook is garbage at trade proposals. Mainly cause his player evaluations suck. :lol

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 03:56 PM
I don't see any realistic trade options. Lack of real assetts, lack of realisticly available targets.
You also have a team that is 11-4, not quite in sync, so hard to pull the trigger.
A good defensive and/or combo point guard would be good, but not sure any are reasonably available.

Eh. It's hard to know what "realistic" means. If it's not realistic for either Tony or Manu to be moved, there's nothing the Spurs can do.

We got like no assets, Mills expiring isn't one of them. We won't be making any big deals, unfortunately.

All the trades that would considerably increase our chances should be to get a very good to great Point Guard or at least Combo guard.

All of those trades would involve trading either Manu or Tony.

A true Spur GM won´t trade them.

All of this ^

cd98
12-01-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm on the record that there will be no trades during the season. The Spurs are going to battle with what they got. They might add a free agent at the end of the season, but there won't be any radical roster reconstruction.

TD 21
12-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Aldridge to PHX

( Pels get Knight on a fair deal 12 mi next 4 yrs vs. paying 22+ mil for Jrue and get Bender as a nice prospect to grow w/ Anthony Davis at the 5.)

Then I'd turn around trade Mills for a late 1st to a contender out East (Hawks?) ( Jrue would start at PG, Parker would be back up -- no room for Mills).

Take out one of Bender or Chriss (and add Tucker, if needed, to make it work financially) to even it out.

Spurs probably wouldn't touch Jones. Word is, he has some off court concerns, which is supposedly the main reason it took him so long to sign and he only got the veteran's minimum.

Value/need wise, all 3 would probably consider this though, but if/when they trade Aldridge, I suspect it won't happen until the off season.

I still think Knight, Len and one of Bender or Chriss is most likely, but I could see Randle, Clarkson, Nance.

apalisoc_9
12-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Take out one of Bender or Chriss (and add Tucker, if needed, to make it work financially) to even it out.

Spurs probably wouldn't touch Jones. Word is, he has some off court concerns, which is supposedly the main reason it took him so long to sign and he only got the veteran's minimum.

Value/need wise, all 3 would probably consider this though, but if/when they trade Aldridge, I suspect it won't happen until the off season.

I still think Knight, Len and one of Bender or Chriss is most likely, but I could see Randle, Clarkson, Nance.

They wont be getting anyone of knight value if do decide to wait till next season. You're not getting a young cheap guard that has proven scoring ability for 1 year with aldridge specially since Knight himself is somewhat in a decent contract.

The suns would also have to be fighting for a playoff spot for them to even consider Aldridge. I've never really considered the lakers but since they are fighting for a spot, maybe they do consider a trade...unlikely considering clarckson 4 year contract.

TD 21
12-01-2016, 07:45 PM
They wont be getting anyone of knight value if do decide to wait till next season. You're not getting a young cheap guard that has proven scoring ability for 1 year with aldridge specially since Knight himself is somewhat in a decent contract.

The suns would also have to be fighting for a playoff spot for them to even consider Aldridge. I've never really considered the lakers but since they are fighting for a spot, maybe they do consider a trade...unlikely considering clarckson 4 year contract.

:lmao As if Knight has astronomical value. Aldridge is the key asset here and when you're the Suns (or most teams for that matter), Aldridge might as well be James or Durant, because he's as close as they can possibly sign and/or trade for in that stratosphere.

Besides, Aldridge almost picked them in '15, so there's a good chance he'd re-sign. Either way, they're more than likely desperate enough (stagnant franchise, GM probably feeling heat) to take the chance, especially considering they'd spare their best player (Bledsoe) and 3 of 4 top young assets (Booker, Lakers '17 1st, one of Bender or Chriss, but they'd get an upgrade at their position) and they already have internal replacements for what they'd lose (Ulis for Knight, Aldridge and an increased role for whoever remains of Bender or Chriss for Len and whoever is gone between Bender or Chriss).

apalisoc_9
12-01-2016, 07:51 PM
:lmao As if Knight has astronomical value. Aldridge is the key asset here and when you're the Suns (or most teams for that matter), Aldridge might as well be James or Durant, because he's as close as you can possibly sign and/or trade for in that stratosphere.

Besides, Aldridge almost picked them in '15, so there's a good chance he'd re-sign. Either way, they're more than likely desperate enough to take the chance, especially considering they'd spare their best player (Bledsoe) and 3 of 4 top young assets (Booker, Lakers '17 1st, one of Bender or Chriss, but they'd get an upgrade at their position) and they already have internal replacements for what they'd lose (Ulis for Knight, Aldridge and an increased role for whoever remains of Bender or Chriss for Len and whoever is gone between Bender or Chriss).

Knight can be a real asset for a future trading partner. There's better targets in the next couple of years...I dont see how a team that has zero chance of making the playoffs surrender one of their trade baits for a 1 year rental.

In Aldridge FA year, there would be like 5 players better than him. Why should the suns even bother with him at that point?

Trading for Aldridge just doesnt make sense for them in the short run or long run. The Lakers maybe since they have a decent coach and a playoff team...

TD 21
12-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Knight can be a real asset for a future trading partner. There's better targets in the next couple of years...I dont see how a team that has zero chance of making the playoffs surrender one of their trade baits for a 1 year rental.

In Aldridge FA year, there would be like 5 players better than him. Why should the suns even bother with him at that point?

Trading for Aldridge just doesnt make sense for them in the short run or long run. The Lakers maybe since they have a decent coach and a playoff team...

Aldridge is a real asset. He's regarded as a top 15 player and even if by the end of the season (if he doesn't pick it up), he's considered more top 20-25, it's the Suns and it's a more than likely desperate GM. It doesn't matter who's better, because the odds of them signing them are slim to none and their roster needs to be streamlined at some point anyway.

It does make sense. You can't toil in the lottery forever hoping to strike gold. At some point, impatience from ownership and fans leads to being fired. They need to do something to show improvement and drum up some interest and this is probably the best they can do.

There's no question in my mind they'd jump at this.

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2016, 08:12 PM
Brandon Knight is an atrocious basketball player, tbh..

apalisoc_9
12-01-2016, 08:12 PM
Aldridge is a real asset. He's regarded as a top 15 player and even if by the end of the season (if he doesn't pick it up), he's considered more top 20-25, it's the Suns and it's a more than likely desperate GM. It doesn't matter who's better, because the odds of them signing them are slim to none and their roster needs to be streamlined at some point anyway.

It does make sense. You can't toil in the lottery forever hoping to strike gold. At some point, impatience from ownership and fans leads to being fired. They need to do something to show improvement and drum up some interest and this is probably the best they can do.

There's no question in my mind they'd jump at this.

If you're that confident with the Suns going for Aldridge hard..I hope the spurs have enough leverage to ask for Bledsoe instead though. Much better player. Knight is a terrible player.

apalisoc_9
12-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Its Bledsoe or GTFO suns..if the spurs have control of the trade talk...

SASdynasty!
12-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Kawhi + Cash for Chandler Parsons
Aldridge for Dirk
Gasol for Gasol
Let Mills walk, bring Ray Allen out of retirement
Max Parker
Extend Ginobili for 5 years
Fire Pop

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Its Bledsoe or GTFO suns..if the spurs have control of the trade talk...

In that proposal, Jrue Holiday would be coming to SA, not Knight.

And Jrue > Bledsoe.

elemento
12-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Aldridge to PHX

Knight actually makes 14m/year in avg and let's be honest here : He sucks. Smalish 6'2 SG with a a Iverson mentality but only 10% of the talent.

If i'm NOLA, I'd rather keep Jrue in a 22m/year contract. NOLA looks much better with him back and he is only 26 y/o. That contract won't bite them in the ass in the future.

I see PHX as a trade parnet for Aldridge as they wanted him badly in the FA and almost got him, but it would have to be a straight up deal, without a 3rd partner.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Knight actually makes 14m/year in avg and let's be honest here : He sucks. Smalish 6'2 SG with a a Iverson mentality but only 10% of the talent.

If i'm NOLA, I'd rather keep Jrue in a 22m/year contract. NOLA looks much better with him back and he is only 26 y/o. That contract won't bite them in the ass in the future.

I see PHX as a trade parnet for Aldridge as they wanted him badly in the FA and almost got him, but it would have to be a straight up deal, without a 3rd partner.

Jrue isn't guaranteed though. He'll be unrestricted and free to go anywhere (they could lose him for nothing). And if they go back to the drawing board and try to sign a PG in FA, you're looking at paying Knight money to Dellavedova type talent.

They won't do better than Knight for the money in free agency. And then you throw a nice prospect like Bender on top of it?

elemento
12-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Jrue isn't guaranteed though. He'll be unrestricted and free to go anywhere (they could lose him for nothing). And if they go back to the drawing board and try to sign a PG in FA, you're looking at paying Knight money to Dellavedova type talent.

They won't do better than Knight for the money in free agency.

He isn't, but it's not like he is unhappy there asking for trade. The Pelicans actually handled the whole Lauren Holiday quite well and i'm sure he is taking it into account. In the end, it's all about the money. He will probably get a max/close to max 5y contract and stay.

Personally, I'm very low on Brandon Knight. I'd rather have nothing than him and his contract. I think NOLA will take their chances to keep Jrue and in my opinion, they're right.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 09:31 PM
I think NOLA will take their chances to keep Jrue and in my opinion, they're right.

They obviously weren't as sure as you are since they didn't offer him an extension when they could have.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Aldridge to PHX

Davis would demand a trade if that ever happened.:lol

Knight isn't better Lou Williams & Bender is about 3 years away from being a rotation player. They would turn into the Kings who have a bunch of bigs but no starting point guard; Buddy is also looking like McLemore 2.0.:lol

If the Pelicans ever made that trade then they should sign Rudy Gay & change their name to the New Orleans Kings. (FYI: Pelicans have an incompetent front office that gave huge long term contracts to Asik/Tyreke/Solomon Hill while letting Aminu walk)

elemento
12-01-2016, 09:39 PM
They obviously weren't as sure as you are since they didn't offer him an extension when they could have.

They weren't for health issues. Jrue is a very good PG when healthy though. Regardless if Jrue stays or not (i think he stays), I don't think NOLA should take BK and he isn't a PG or a good basketball player IMO.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 09:42 PM
Davis would demand a trade if that ever happened.:lol

Knight isn't better Lou Williams & Bender is about 3 years away from being a rotation player. They would turn into the Kings who have a bunch of bigs but no starting point guard; Buddy is also looking like McLemore 2.0.:lol

If the Pelicans ever made that trade then they should sign Rudy Gay & change their name to the New Orleans Kings.

Love how you always mistake your subjective takes for facts.

You don't think getting Bender & Knight right now for less than market value is a good move w/ Jrue's upcoming free agency? Nothing is guaranteed with Jrue. They could lose him for nothing, and then have to pay Brandon Jennings 15 mil per for 2 yrs. Plus, they aren't winning anything this year with Jrue anyway. It's not like he has value this year to them.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 09:44 PM
They weren't for health issues. Jrue is a very good PG when healthy though. Regardless if Jrue stays or not (i think he stays), I don't think NOLA should take BK and he isn't a PG or a good basketball player IMO.

Knight is a poor-man's Jason Terry

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Love how you always mistake your subjective takes for facts.

You don't think getting Bender & Knight right now for less than market value is a good move w/ Jrue's upcoming free agency? Nothing is guaranteed with Jrue. They could lose him for nothing, and then have to pay Brandon Jennings 15 mil per for 2 yrs. Plus, they aren't winning anything this year with Jrue anyway. It's not like he has value this year to them.

I didn't say it wouldn't be smart for the FUTURE of the franchise but that ***Antony Davis is going to demand a trade if he has to go through a rebuilding process***

T-Mac forced his way out of Orlando when the Magic were in line for the #1 pick in the draft (Dwight) after getting tired of losing despite putting up monstrous numbers & paying for it w/ his body. He was only 24 & had 3 years left on his contract.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
I didn't say it wouldn't be smart for the FUTURE of the franchise but that ***Antony Davis is going to demand a trade if he has to go through a rebuilding process***

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

They've gone through a rebuilding process his whole career there albeit one season where they over achieved and barely got the 8th seed in 2015 and he still signed an extension. Hell they are still rebuilding. Has he demanded a trade? You act like Pelicans are currently a contender when they aren't even a playoff contender.

Dumb.

THEY ARE IN A REBUILDING PROCESS RIGHT NOW.

elemento
12-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Knight is a poor-man's Jason Terry

if only he could shoot like Terry. To me there's no room for a guy like BK in a true contender.

BK has that Jamal Crawford chucking mentality, with Rubio's shooting touch and Javale's BBIQ. But hey, at least he is athletic.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Do you realize how stupid you sound?

They've gone through a rebuilding process his whole career there albeit one season where they over achieved and barely got the 8th seed in 2015 and he still signed an extension. Hell they are still rebuilding. Has he demanded a trade? You act like Pelicans are currently a contender when they aren't even a playoff contender.

Dumb.

Yeah he didn't sign the MONSTROUS extension b/c it wasn't a MONSTROUS contract & the Pelicans weren't seen as a team on a rise but rather a rebuilding team after they gave the eventually defending champs a competitive series despite getting swept.

What next? Lillard signed the MONSTROUS extensions under the premise that the Blazers were a rebuilding team & he was okay w/ it.:lol

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 10:06 PM
would trade parker for a 3rd round draft pick.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:07 PM
if only he could shoot like Terry. To me there's no room for a guy like BK in a true contender.

BK has that Jamal Crawford chucking mentality, with Rubio's shooting touch and Javale's BBIQ. But hey, at least he is athletic.

He's not that much more talented than Jordan Crawford who's only out of the league b/c he has a terrible work ethic.

IJb4rZnvWvI

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 10:08 PM

He's not as bad as you guys are saying. He actually shot 41% from 3 just over a year ago in a huge sample ( 5 attempts per game) and has shot over 36% from 3 for his career ( Terry has shot 38% from 3 for his career). He's 24 and has been a good player in his early career -- he just averaged 19, 5 and 4 just a year ago.

Is his IQ great? No, but he's still young. Has he been disappointing this year so far? Yes he has, but its very early in the season and he's only 24 but the potential is there -- he's proved it in his career.

By no means am I saying he's great, I'm just saying he's better than you and Mr. Facts are implying.

gambit1990
12-01-2016, 10:13 PM
https://s11.postimg.org/uxqwqpzv7/image.png

would throw in two 1st round picks if that made this anymore realistic.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dU9wiF6.png

Fat Head has negative trade value::lmao

SPURt
12-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Anderson + small asset for Oubre
I wouldn't mind this, I love Summer League Anderson but goodness and mercy he's been disappointing this season. Wouldn't a team assume they are missing on a player if the Spurs are calling?

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:33 PM
He's not as bad as you guys are saying. He actually shot 41% from 3 just over a year ago in a huge sample ( 5 attempts per game) and has shot over 36% from 3 for his career ( Terry has shot 38% from 3 for his career). He's 24 and has been a good player in his early career -- he just averaged 19, 5 and 4 just a year ago.

Is his IQ great? No, but he's still young. Has he been disappointing this year so far? Yes he has, but its very early in the season and he's only 24 but the potential is there -- he's proved it in his career.

By no means am I saying he's great, I'm just saying he's better than you and Mr. Facts are implying.

Brandon Knight is a TERRIBLE playmaker, dude turns the ball over at an ungodly rate when he has to run the offense. He is also a minus defender who's laterally challenged to check point-guards. Buddy Hield/Knight would be a disastrous backcourt.:lol

Knight & E'Twaun Moore were from the same draft class, let's check how they're doing this season: http://bkref.com/tiny/p5ujw

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm resigned to losing Mills in free agency. If PATFO can find a way to get an asset or somehow upgrade the back-court by packaging him at the trade deadline, I would certainly do it..

By Jan/February, this team should get a clear idea about their postseason chances..It is gonna suck seeing him in Pistons uniform as we get nothing in return per par :lol..

:cry

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Brandon Knight is a TERRIBLE playmaker, dude turns the ball over at an ungodly rate when he has to run the offense. He is also a minus defender who's laterally challenged to check point-guards. Buddy Hield/Knight would be a disastrous backcourt.:lol

Knight & E'Twaun Moore were from the same draft class, let's check how they're doing this season: http://bkref.com/tiny/p5ujw

If he's a TERRIBLE playmaker ( nice way to quantify it -- not surprising) -- then what kind of play-maker is Leonard if he's had a worse assists to turnover ratio?

Again he's not as bad as you're implying. Facts back that up. Keep over exaggerating your subjective takes though.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 10:53 PM
If he's a TERRIBLE playmaker ( nice way to quantify it -- not surprising) -- then what kind of play-maker is Leonard if he's had a worse assists to turnover ratio?
Oh, we're comparing Kawhi's play-making abilities to a guy who's supposed to be a point guard?:sleep

Brandon Knight commits comedic Austin River-ish turnovers when he was drafted as a POINT GUARD.:lol

Playmaking

Knight averaged 5.1 assists this season but did so with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.49, which ranked 66th out of 76 qualified players and better than only D'Angelo Russell (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/257516/d-angelo-russell) among point guards.

A big contributor to this poor assist-to-turnover ratio was Knight's inability to set his teammates up for easy baskets. Of his top five pass targets this season — Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/255243/devin-booker), P.J. Tucker (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21761/p-j-tucker), Jon Leuer (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/150195/jon-leuer), and Mirza Teletovic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/24691/mirza-teletovic) — only Leuer, Teletovic, and Tucker were also in his top five assisted players and neither were in the top two. Contrast that with Bledsoe's abbreviated season, where of his top five pass targets, four were also his top five assisted players, including the top three overall. As a primary playmaker for the team, Knight has to be more cognizant of setting his teammates up for scoring opportunities with his passes rather than making a pass just to bail out of a situation or when his own offense doesn't materialize.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/246tfy7Z4N0oJeMmRImNhhXOiNM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6381193/2015-16_Brandon_Knight_Report_Card.0.jpg

Kawhi on the other hand has one of the lowest turnover rates among high usage players. His assist-to-turnover ratio is basically the same as Giannis who's supposed to be a FULL-TIME point-forward.

.........Do You Want More?????:wakeup

apalisoc_9
12-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Unless its Bledsoe, tucker..The spurs should not give up Aldridge.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 11:07 PM

No one here suggested any Sun for Aldridge.

MaNu4Tres
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Oh, we're comparing Kawhi's play-making abilities to a guy who's supposed to be a point guard?:sleep

Brandon Knight commits comedic Austin River-ish turnovers when he was drafted as a POINT GUARD.:lol

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/246tfy7Z4N0oJeMmRImNhhXOiNM=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6381193/2015-16_Brandon_Knight_Report_Card.0.jpg

Kawhi on the other hand has one of the lowest turnover rates among high usage players. His assist-to-turnover ratio is basically the same as Giannis who's supposed to be a FULL-TIME point-forward.

.........Do You Want More?????:wakeup

I never said he was a good play maker and I never said he was great.

I'm simply saying you're over-exaggerating how bad he is.

Keep trying, you have a long way to go.

Start with comprehension first.

CGD
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
If we're looking to the future, then LMA to Boston for Nets 2017 1st round pick + Jaylen Brown + Amir Johnson

alpha_HaZE
12-01-2016, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle Anderson go... and apart from a crazy trade that involves LA, I don't see anything else happening.

Kyle is the odd man out, we could trade him for an early second round pick.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2016, 11:36 PM

I already proposed a trade where Sofridge goes to Boston & Bledsoe/Len/Tucker to the Spurs (waive Leprosy/Forbes) while the Suns acquire Smart/Kyle+1st rd pick(s) from Boston: (threw in Amir's expiring for salary matching purposes)

http://oi68.tinypic.com/vy8wih.jpg

GSH
12-01-2016, 11:44 PM

From Urban Dictionary:

Tweaking: Frantic and compuslive behaviour often associated with methamphetamine abuse (crank).

:D

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I never said he was a good play maker and I never said he was great.

I'm simply saying you're over-exaggerating how bad he is.

Keep trying, you have a long way to go.

Start with comprehension first.

Brandon Knight is a terrible playmaker for a POINT GUARD that was supposed to be a STARTER. If he was a starting 2-guard then he would be an above average playmaker like Avery Bradley compared to guys like Klay.:lol

Claiming a starting point guards playmaking abilities are better than a wingplayer makes no sense b/c they are judged in relative to players who play the same position. Draymond Green is an above average shooter for PF/C but he would be Andre Roberson status if he was a wing player.:lol

gambit1990
12-02-2016, 12:08 AM
bledsoe, booker, chandler for lma, parker works out: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hce8bgd
https://s11.postimg.org/z0ahslgsz/image.png

pending on if chandler can still play.

gambit1990
12-02-2016, 12:23 AM
if chandler can still play i'd take parker + lma for just booker + chandler. the math doesn't work out though.

if it did i'd have no problem with starting booker at PG.

12-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Fat Head has negative trade value::lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:depressed

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2016, 01:05 AM
If we're looking to the future, then LMA to Boston for Nets 2017 1st round pick + Jaylen Brown + Amir Johnson

Jaylen Brown plays the same position as Kawhi.:wakeup

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-02-2016, 02:25 AM
This year's Spurs have very few trade assets. Realistically, the only tradable contracts ( with positive value ) are Danny's and Patty's and both would leave big holes that would have to be filled. It's unlikely they'd look to trade either, even if they don't think they'd want to pay Patty Tyler Johnson money. They're not moving Gasol, Aldridge or Parker.

It's possible they make a smaller trade, with Jonathon's contract being the most likely, if they don't plan to keep him. Something like Simmons to Philly for Holmes/Thompson/Covington could work but it won't move the needle.

It's interesting whether they'd want to keep their 1st round pick since they already have quite a lot of rookies and have Milutinov in the pipeline too. If they plan to use cap space, in case Gasol opts out, they may not want that contract on the books. On the other hand, decent players on rookie contracts help a lot with the cap management going forward and the 2018 summer projects to be very interesting for the Spurs.

The most likely move, of course, would be waiving Forbes or Lapro or both and adding a buyout vet after the trade deadline.

mo7888
12-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Anderson and Simmons for Hezonja

mo7888
12-02-2016, 10:02 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jerzq2t

If we want to go in an entirely different direction

SAGirl
12-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Anderson and Simmons for Hezonja
Hezonja has been terrible. He is getting benched by a team that is not that good and invested a high lottery draft pick on him. He's not shooting better than Simmons and doesn't add what either player does on defense or BBIQ. It is a terrible sign that he's not playing for a team with a losing recrod. It's true that he's 21 but he's not better than either player right now and he's shooting 17% from 3 TBH.

elemento
12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Hezonja has some talent, but he also has the Spanoulis syndrome. He thinks he is a lot better than he actually is and playing in the NBA gave him a hint of the cruel reality.

If he doesn't change his mentality, I don't think there's a place for him in SA or anywhere else in the NBA.

SAGirl
12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
The most likely move, of course, would be waiving Forbes or Lapro or both and adding a buyout vet after the trade deadline.

In reality that ^ is the only possible move I can see and it's unpredictable right now who could be made available.

Spurs9
12-02-2016, 04:24 PM

pending on if chandler can still play.

I'd love to have Booker, dude is a baller.

From Downtown
12-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Hezonja has some talent, but he also has the Spanoulis syndrome. He thinks he is a lot better than he actually is and playing in the NBA gave him a hint of the cruel reality.

If he doesn't change his mentality, I don't think there's a place for him in SA or anywhere else in the NBA.

This.
Plus it doesn't look like the coach or front office really trust him anymore, at this point they're just desperately trying to get something out of him because he was such a huge investment (just look at some of the names taken after him), but Fournier is a lot better and readier and he's just 1 or 2 years older so he's probably the guy they wanna build around
And it'a a shame, because Mario indeed has talent

Joseph Kony
12-02-2016, 05:28 PM

pending on if chandler can still play.Suns would laugh their asses off and hang up immediately at that trade imo

mo7888
12-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Hezonja has been terrible. He is getting benched by a team that is not that good and invested a high lottery draft pick on him. He's not shooting better than Simmons and doesn't add what either player does on defense or BBIQ. It is a terrible sign that he's not playing for a team with a losing recrod. It's true that he's 21 but he's not better than either player right now and he's shooting 17% from 3 TBH.

He's stuck on a team that doesn't know how to develop players. Can you name me one guy they've actually developed? He's got much more upside than either Kyle of Jonathan and he's still young enough to reach his potential. I doubt Orlando would give him up for KA and Simmons but, it's the kind of move that helps us long term without giving up on this season ala trading LA.

DPG21920
12-02-2016, 05:39 PM
These trade proposals man.

It's all good though, fans are supposed to have fun. We've all been there.

SpursIndonesia
12-02-2016, 05:55 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/29m5348.jpg

Is it good ? Is it fair enough for both teams ?

gambit1990
12-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Suns would laugh their asses off and hang up immediately at that trade imo
i don't disagree with that.

would've proposed lma + parker for just chandler + booker. math doesn't work out though.

TD 21
12-02-2016, 07:00 PM
If you're that confident with the Suns going for Aldridge hard..I hope the spurs have enough leverage to ask for Bledsoe instead though. Much better player. Knight is a terrible player.

So Knight went from being supposedly too valuable to be a headliner in an Aldridge package to terrible, because that's what Harlem said?

Bledsoe is definitely better, but he's also 2-3 years older, has bad knees and is more reliant on athleticism. If the Spurs medical staff is confident he'll hold up for a while physically, I'd still prefer him, but from the Suns perspective, since this would be a win now move, they'd probably prefer to hang on to their best player, despite on and off rumors of both sides unhappiness with one another.

Whether he'd be a deal breaker for the Spurs or not, would probably depend on how highly they think of whichever of Bender or Chriss they'd be getting, since Knight and Len are more known commodities. If he's in it though, I think Len is out and it becomes just him and one of Bender or Chriss.

:tu

Who cares about context though? It's all about whatever is happening in the moment.

Knight has been terrible this season, but it's not difficult to ascertain why: 3rd organization in which he's quickly went from building block to afterthought and probably first time in his life he's been a bench player for an extended period.

Get him in this environment and there's no reason to think he can't get back to the player he was 2 seasons ago, which was solid.

apalisoc_9
12-02-2016, 07:44 PM
So Knight went from being supposedly too valuable to be a headliner in an Aldridge package to terrible, because that's what Harlem said?

Bledsoe is definitely better, but he's also 2-3 years older, has bad knees and is more reliant on athleticism. If the Spurs medical staff is confident he'll hold up for a while physically, I'd still prefer him, but from the Suns perspective, since this would be a win now move, they'd probably prefer to hang on to their best player, despite on and off rumors of both sides unhappiness with one another.

Whether he'd be a deal breaker for the Spurs or not, would probably depend on how highly they think of whichever of Bender or Chriss they'd be getting, since Knight and Len are more known commodities. If he's in it though, I think Len is out and it becomes just him and one of Bender or Chriss.

Who cares about context though? It's all about whatever is happening in the moment.

Knight has been terrible this season, but it's not difficult to ascertain why: 3rd organization in which he's quickly went from building block to afterthought and probably first time in his life he's been a bench player for an extended period.

Get him in this environment and there's no reason to think he can't get back to the player he was 2 seasons ago, which was solid.

Why are you twissting my words my man. Many Valuable trading assets are terrible players in truth. It's his contract and the fact that hes under 25 that makes him valuable..doesnt excuse him for being a turnover machine.

palangi
12-02-2016, 10:53 PM
He's stuck on a team that doesn't know how to develop players. Can you name me one guy they've actually developed? He's got much more upside than either Kyle of Jonathan and he's still young enough to reach his potential. I doubt Orlando would give him up for KA and Simmons but, it's the kind of move that helps us long term without giving up on this season ala trading LA.

Vucevic.
Oladipo.

mo7888
12-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Vucevic.
Oladipo.

Vucevic was good when he got there, his development happened in Philly before the tear down. Oladipo underachieved in Orlando.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2016, 05:42 PM
Any trade(including pipe dreams) has to be centered around the fact that the Spurs would never trade Parker or Aldridge, tbh..

The only trade-able assets are Green and Mills, and you certainly won't be getting an upgrade in return at the price of their respective contracts(both extremely cheap for their roles in comparison to their peers)..

gambit1990
12-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Any trade(including pipe dreams) has to be centered around the fact that the Spurs would never trade Parker
:depressed

TD 21
12-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Why are you twissting my words my man. Many Valuable trading assets are terrible players in truth. It's his contract and the fact that hes under 25 that makes him valuable..doesnt excuse him for being a turnover machine.

That doesn't make sense though. Even in this financial era, it's all relative. No one would take on his contract if he really was a terrible player, let alone trade a top 15 or 20 player for it.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2016, 06:32 PM
That doesn't make sense though. Even in this financial era, it's all relative. No one would take on his contract if he really was a terrible player, let alone trade a top 15 or 20 player for it.

He's terrible in a sense that trading your best Big for Knight neccistate a major role for the former. He's not good enough to be your best penetrating Guard. Certainly not for a contender. Simply put, he's not good enough. None of his numberd suggest he's gping to be a major difference maker.

No one has taken him on for a top 20 player.

TD 21
12-03-2016, 06:48 PM
He's terrible in a sense that trading your best Big for Knight neccistate a major role for the former. He's not good enough to be your best penetrating Guard. Certainly not for a contender. Simply put, he's not good enough. None of his numberd suggest he's gping to be a major difference maker.

No one has taken him on for a top 20 player.

Agreed, but that's not the same as being terrible. The trade was more of a prediction (if Aldridge wants out) than something I want to see happen, but I'd understand it.

Again, if Aldridge wants out, what's the alternative? At least Knight would bridge the gap between Parker and hopefully Murray and he can play with them and Green, as well as alleviate some of the shot creating burden on Leonard and play off of him too.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Agreed, but that's not the same as being terrible. The trade was more of a prediction (if Aldridge wants out) than something I want to see happen, but I'd understand it.

Again, if Aldridge wants out, what's the alternative? At least Knight would bridge the gap between Parker and hopefully Murray and he can play with them and Green, as well as alleviate some of the shot creating burden on Leonard and play off of him too.

If you're going to trade Aldridge and the suns are truly desperate, I dont see why the spurs can't ask for Bledsoe. He's a much better player and With the suns content on making Booker their future guard..there should be room for that discussion.

Heck even Marcus smart would be a better option because despite being terrible on the offensive end, he can penetrate and create for his team with a super cheap contract. Amir Johson, Marcus Smart for Aldridge at least gives you financial flexibility going forward.

None of those trades would make you better as team..Except maybe for Bledsoe-Tucker-Len, but there's alternatives out there for knight. Knight is going to police you with his contract even if it was cheap. He's also going to police you with committment from the Coaching staff..because you dont just give up on a 24 year old 13 million dollar player.

Gagnrath
12-03-2016, 07:21 PM
How about Anderson to The hawks for the rights to Hinrich. Yeah he's old but it gives you a defensive guy who can handle the ball and is big enough to play SG beside Mills for a year. He's a decent spot up shooter and doesn't make bad decisions. It doesn't exactly give you consistent scoring but it does allow you to have ball handling on the nights when Manu is feeling old, and allows more Mills court time. He'd also probably be pretty useful next to Simmons as a spot shooter for when Simmons probes and gets trapped, and can bring the ball up the floor and initiate an offense.

Spurtacular
12-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Spurs won't trade Parker; that's where they're at. So, they have two undersized PGs. And they can't trade Patty b/c what are they going to get for his salary?

apalisoc_9
12-03-2016, 09:20 PM
How about Anderson to The hawks for the rights to Hinrich. Yeah he's old but it gives you a defensive guy who can handle the ball and is big enough to play SG beside Mills for a year. He's a decent spot up shooter and doesn't make bad decisions. It doesn't exactly give you consistent scoring but it does allow you to have ball handling on the nights when Manu is feeling old, and allows more Mills court time. He'd also probably be pretty useful next to Simmons as a spot shooter for when Simmons probes and gets trapped, and can bring the ball up the floor and initiate an offense.
Old man Hinrich as a defensive guy. Are you white?

I would sign fredette and then cut him again just for the lols if i was a GM tbh.

spurraider21
12-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Any trade(including pipe dreams) has to be centered around the fact that the Spurs would never trade Parker or Aldridge, tbh..

The only trade-able assets are Green and Mills, and you certainly won't be getting an upgrade in return at the price of their respective contracts(both extremely cheap for their roles in comparison to their peers)..i think its partly that they dont want to trade parker for loyalty "spur way" reasons, but its also because his trade value is a negative with his contract, that they really wouldn't gain anything significant out of trading him to make up for the first part

these trade machine things with parker though :lmao... idiot fans dont realize the trade machine only looks at salaries, which makes parker valuable in that regard since we can take on a high paid player

SAGirl
12-03-2016, 11:07 PM
Old man Hinrich as a defensive guy. Are you white?

I would sign fredette and then cut him again just for the lols if i was a GM tbh.
:lmao
I have to admit that was funny.
Considering how you like to troll you would do that too... with a personally gift wrapped note to Spurtacular

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2016, 11:45 PM

Let's compare Knight-mare & Patty's per 36 career numbers: http://bkref.com/tiny/cf30t

Contract year Patty vs. Brandon Knight's best season when he was "decent": http://bkref.com/tiny/kCWPr

This is the guy that supposed to take the play-making burden off Kawhi?:lmao

If anything he would be a Patty replacement but might as well pay Patty 10-12 mill & keep him since Knight is one of those guys that likes to pound the air out of the ball before he shoots (ala Crawford) aka he's a ball stopper.

Patty has a low cap hold (6.8) which would allow the team to make use of the cap space & re-sign Dedmon since they don't have his Bird Right. Knight's contract (13mill) would eat into the cap space & make it impossible to re-sign Dedmon or sign any free agent. (Lee could maybe brought back w/ the Room Exception)

Patty/Simmons can be re-signed by going over the cap w/ the 15 mill Manu is going to vacate but the team is most likely going to have to endure one more season of Porker/Gasoft/Fat Head.:bang

Manu on the Spurs 16-4 start: 'We're not playing well'

Pau: “That’s what I came here to do: to help this team be better and be a winner.":lol

The good news is that WestBrick is most likely going to opt out in the summer of 2018::wow

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2016, 11:53 PM

Hezonja is looking like the European version of Ben McLemore. He has the talent but just can't put it together.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 12:22 AM
In reality that ^ is the only possible move I can see and it's unpredictable right now who could be made available.

The only realistic option in the buyout market who could actually help the team is Deron Williams if the Mavs can't trade him & actually clears waivers. IMO, it's between the Spurs/Rockets for his services since he has family/business in Dallas & both teams could really use another playmaker.

I believe the Rockets will have plenty of cap space if they don't match D-Mo's offer sheet from the Nets.:bang

SAGirl
12-04-2016, 01:05 AM
The only realistic option in the buyout market who could actually help the team is Deron Williams if the Mavs can't trade him & actually clears waivers. IMO, it's between the Spurs/Rockets for his services since he has family/business in Dallas & both teams could really use another playmaker.

I believe the Rockets will have plenty of cap space if they don't match D-Mo's offer sheet from the Nets.:bang
They are likely staying pat then... In reality, they could afford to make to do without one of Pau or LMA, but we know that is not happening.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 01:55 AM
They are likely staying pat then... In reality, they could afford to make to do without one of Pau or LMA, but we know that is not happening.

Chalmers & Norris Cole are available.:lol

TD 21
12-04-2016, 05:32 PM
If you're going to trade Aldridge and the suns are truly desperate, I dont see why the spurs can't ask for Bledsoe. He's a much better player and With the suns content on making Booker their future guard..there should be room for that discussion.

Heck even Marcus smart would be a better option because despite being terrible on the offensive end, he can penetrate and create for his team with a super cheap contract. Amir Johson, Marcus Smart for Aldridge at least gives you financial flexibility going forward.

None of those trades would make you better as team..Except maybe for Bledsoe-Tucker-Len, but there's alternatives out there for knight. Knight is going to police you with his contract even if it was cheap. He's also going to police you with committment from the Coaching staff..because you dont just give up on a 24 year old 13 million dollar player.

I specifically said the Spurs might very well ask for Bledsoe and may in fact be able to get him . . . I'm just not predicting it.

Keep in mind, this hypothetical trade takes place in the off season. At that point, Smart has 1 year left on his rookie contract before probably commanding something in the vicinity of Knight's contract and Johnson is a free agent.

That's not moving the needle though and financial flexibility sounds great, but who's the game changing free agent they're likely to have even a decent shot at any time soon?

They have to start getting some credible players in Leonard's age group and if not in them, then a prospect who conceivably could become a significant building block.

Let's compare Knight-mare & Patty's per 36 career numbers: http://bkref.com/tiny/cf30t

Contract year Patty vs. Brandon Knight's best season when he was "decent": http://bkref.com/tiny/kCWPr

This is the guy that supposed to take the play-making burden off Kawhi?:lmao

If anything he would be a Patty replacement but might as well pay Patty 10-12 mill & keep him since Knight is one of those guys that likes to pound the air out of the ball before he shoots (ala Crawford) aka he's a ball stopper.

Patty has a low cap hold (6.8) which would allow the team to make use of the cap space & re-sign Dedmon since they don't have his Bird Right. Knight's contract (13mill) would eat into the cap space & make it impossible to re-sign Dedmon or sign any free agent. (Lee could maybe brought back w/ the Room Exception)

Patty/Simmons can be re-signed by going over the cap w/ the 15 mill Manu is going to vacate but the team is most likely going to have to endure one more season of Porker/Gasoft/Fat Head.:bang

Comparing Knight to Mills doesn't make sense, because it's highly unlikely Mills will ever become the starting point guard. Knight should be compared to next season's and beyond Parker. If he's not already superior at creating his own shot, he should be by then, so yeah, he'd help assist Leonard in that regard.

If they made this trade, Dedmon's being resigned would be contingent on what Gasol does. If he opts out and leaves, Len and Dedmon would split the minutes at center. If not, Dedmon would be gone.

Emperor
12-04-2016, 05:53 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6vd52s

sasaint
12-04-2016, 06:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z6vd52s

I doubt Denver would go for that without sweetener from the Spurs.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Comparing Knight to Mills doesn't make sense, because it's highly unlikely Mills will ever become the starting point guard. Knight should be compared to next season's and beyond Parker. If he's not already superior at creating his own shot, he should be by then, so yeah, he'd help assist Leonard in that regard.

Knight isn't even a starter even on a pretender let alone a contender, it would be like starting Jamal Crawford but even then he actually isn't as good a one-on-one player.:lol

Let's compare Knight/Crawford at the same point of their career (25, 6th season) after they started for a couple of mediocre teams & essentially played the same amount of minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/lboqP

Crawford has always been rated as a mediocre player by advanced metrics & even then he has VORP twice that of Knight-mare.:lol

Someone like Lou Williams is more valuable than ball stopping chuckers like Crawford/Knight since he actually gets to the line.

tonight...you
12-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Pop is going to want to see this team try to gel before doing trades. If he does, it won't be a blockbuster. He values "Corporate Knowledge" and LMA now has a bit... I bet Pop assumes.

This team is not going to see anything major, if anything at all, in the way of trades.

Have fun wasting your imaginations on this shit, though. Sounds like a good time waster.

TD 21
12-04-2016, 07:04 PM
Knight isn't even a starter even on a pretender let alone a contender, it would be like starting Jamal Crawford but even then he actually isn't as good a one-on-one player.:lol

Let's compare Knight/Crawford at the same point of their career (25, 6th season) after they started for a couple of mediocre teams & essentially played the same amount of minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/lboqP

Crawford has always been rated as a mediocre player by advanced metrics & even then he has VORP twice that of Knight-mare.:lol

Someone like Lou Williams is more valuable than ball stopping chuckers like Crawford/Knight since he actually gets to the line.

In this hypothetical that I created (and for the 42nd time, I only think happens if Aldridge wants out and it's more of a prediction than something I want to see), he'd become the starter in '17-'18 because the alternative would be an ancient Parker.

I'm well aware that he's ideally a sixth man and the caliber of teams don't matter because the Spurs don't have Bledsoe in front of him.

If your boy is the play maker you and your ilk claim he is, then a combo guard should suffice alongside him.

SAGirl
12-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Pop is going to want to see this team try to gel before doing trades. If he does, it won't be a blockbuster. He values "Corporate Knowledge" and LMA now has a bit... I bet Pop assumes.

This team is not going to see anything major, if anything at all, in the way of trades.

Have fun wasting your imaginations on this shit, though. Sounds like a good time waster.
Absolutely the truth.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 07:41 PM
In this hypothetical that I created (and for the 42nd time, I only think happens if Aldridge wants out and it's more of a prediction than something I want to see), he'd become the starter in '17-'18 because the alternative would be an ancient Parker.

Why in the hell would PATFO trade Softridge for a bigger version of Patty when they can re-sign Patty without worrying about cap space & get at least a LEGIT starter for Softridge?:rolleyes (I don't see any reason for the Suns to hold onto an injury risk like Bledsoe if they can get someone like Marcus Smart + 1st rd pick(s) from the Celtics who would take Softridge in a heartbeat)

Darren Collison is a better playmaker than Knight & he's going to be a free agent this summer. PATFO can let Patty walk & sign Collison if Softridge isn't traded. (They can do a sign & trade if the Kings are interested in Patty)

John Wall might also demand a trade this summer so PATFO can still leverage the Celtics into putting a package for the Wizards. Dragic is another option if Pat Riley can somehow get Bosh's contract off the books.

TD 21
12-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Why in the hell would PATFO trade Softridge for a bigger version of Patty when they can re-sign Patty without worrying about cap space & get at least a LEGIT starter for Softridge?:rolleyes (I don't see any reason for the Suns to hold onto an injury risk like Bledsoe if they can get someone like Marcus Smart + 1st rd pick(s) from the Celtics who would take Softridge in a heartbeat)

Darren Collison is a better playmaker than Knight & he's going to be a free agent this summer. PATFO can let Patty walk & sign Collison if Softridge isn't traded. (They can do a sign & trade if the Kings are interested in Patty)

John Wall might also demand a trade this summer so PATFO can still leverage the Celtics into putting a package for the Wizards. Dragic is another option if Pat Riley can somehow get Bosh's contract off the books.

Guys like Knight and Len strike me as Spurs (less certain with Bender and Chriss, but nothing I'm aware of suggests otherwise) and we all know how important that is to them. I also think they'll realize there is no move they can make to get back into contention, so taking a step back and restocking the cupboard will be the focus.

Again, I think the Suns would move Bledsoe, but it would be unlikely in a scenario where they trade for Aldridge, because that would defeat the purpose of a would be win now move . . . and if they are that concerned about his knees, then why the Spurs want him?

If, however, the Spurs are confident he can hold up for a while, then the 3 way trade you're alluding to makes sense . . .

To Celtics: Aldridge

To Spurs: Bledsoe and Bender or Chriss

To Suns: Smart, Brown and/or non Nets 1st(s)

sasaint
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Guys like Knight and Len strike me as Spurs (less certain with Bender and Chriss, but nothing I'm aware of suggests otherwise) and we all know how important that is to them. I also think they'll realize there is no move they can make to get back into contention, so taking a step back and restocking the cupboard will be the focus.

Again, I think the Suns would move Bledsoe, but it would be unlikely in a scenario where they trade for Aldridge, because that would defeat the purpose of a would be win now move . . . and if they are that concerned about his knees, then why the Spurs want him?

If, however, the Spurs are confident he can hold up for a while, then the 3 way trade you're alluding to makes sense . . .

To Celtics: Aldridge

To Spurs: Bledsoe and Bender or Chriss

To Suns: Smart, Brown and/or non Nets 1st(s)

I don't think anybody on ST would be happy with that trade - much less PATFO.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM

In two years, you would be lucky getting just Bender or Chriss for Softridge.:lol

sasaint
12-04-2016, 10:12 PM
In two years, you would be like getting just Bender or Chriss for Softridge.:lol

As much as I would like to see LMA wearing a different uniform, even I want to at least receive commensurate value in exchange. :lol In two years the Spurs would have whatever Bender or Chriss might become - which is ? Heck I wouldn't swap LMA for Bledsoe, Bender AND Chriss.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 10:17 PM
As much as I would like to see LMA wearing a different uniform, even I want to at least receive commensurate value in exchange. :lol In two years the Spurs would have whatever Bender or Chriss might become - which is ? Heck I wouldn't swap LMA for Bledsoe, Bender AND Chriss.

If they are a bust, you just move on from them like Fat Head & use the cap space on a free agent not name Softridge.:wakeup

gambit1990
12-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Sources tell ESPN that Mavs have no immediate intention to shop C Andrew Bogut, as their focus for now is trying to salvage their season. However, Mavs management recognizes that Bogut has significant value in the trade market as a proven championship-caliber complementary piece in a contract year and could become motivated to move him if and when it becomes clear that the Mavs have no hope of making the playoffs this season. Several league sources said the Mavs should be able to get a first-round pick from a contender for Bogut.

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 03:32 PM
I like Bogut. His screens are great for perimeter players and he's very tough on defense. Health has been an issue, but he's a difference maker and a great passing big. I think he would fit with LMA better than Gasol. I haven't been a fan of Gasol truth be told, he needs offensive touches to help you and will give up a lot on defense.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Portland should probably trade for Bogut, tbh..keep the pick, move Ed Davis while teams still think he has potential..

elemento
12-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Boston could use Bogut services as all.

They have the softest BIGs in the NBA. They probably have the best assets to offer as well.

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Boston could use Bogut services as all.

They have the softest BIGs in the NBA. They probably have the best assets to offer as well.
That is a good point. They have already hemorraged young picks bc they can't use/keep them all. They keep waiting for the blockbuster deal and in the meantime keep wasting those picks away. We should see if Ainge pulls the trigger or keeps waiting.

He already fleeced Cuban with the Rondo trade, so I would expect Cuban to be tougher this time around.

$pursDynasty
12-05-2016, 05:54 PM
too bad Pau can't be moved because I might try to move him for Ibaka, only because the offense Pau gives us doesn't make up for what we lose on defense. While Serge could rim protect and help on defense and is at least good for the uncontested 3. So that would be losing a mediocre offensive threat and a defensive detriment, for a pretty good defensive presence that is moderate/mediocre on offense. I wonder if there is an Ibaka-like big (on the defensive side of the ball) that could be available on the trade market?

TD 21
12-05-2016, 05:55 PM

People on SpursTalk wouldn't be happy with any trade that didn't net a consensus better player or at least someone projected to be, none of which would be attainable for him.

The only way to receive equal or greater return for a star, is to get lucky and hit it out of the park on prospect(s) and/or pick(s).

This trade would give the Spurs at shot at that (at his position, no less), as well a cut below an All-Star level player, that's 4 years younger and would address their greatest current need.

sasaint
12-05-2016, 06:44 PM
People on SpursTalk wouldn't be happy with any trade that didn't net a consensus better player or at least someone projected to be, none of which would be attainable for him.

The only way to receive equal or greater return for a star, is to get lucky and hit it out of the park on prospect(s) and/or pick(s).

This trade would give the Spurs at shot at that (at his position, no less), as well a cut below an All-Star level player, that's 4 years younger and would address their greatest current need.

Even though I am not a fan of LMA, I think you are seriously undervaluing the guy to suggest dumping him for an injury-prone guard and only ONE of two unproven prospects. And there are ways to get commensurate value in return. Trade for a player or players with expiring contracts who you believe you could re-sign. Or trade for a player or players who are not happy with their current team/role. Or a player or players who have lost favor with a new coaching regime. Or trade LMA because a team chasing the playoffs/seeding thinks LMA could be the missing piece.

sasaint
12-05-2016, 06:51 PM
too bad Pau can't be moved because I might try to move him for Ibaka, only because the offense Pau gives us doesn't make up for what we lose on defense. While Serge could rim protect and help on defense and is at least good for the uncontested 3. So that would be losing a mediocre offensive threat and a defensive detriment, for a pretty good defensive presence that is moderate/mediocre on offense. I wonder if there is an Ibaka-like big (on the defensive side of the ball) that could be available on the trade market?

Pau can be traded on 12/15. Personally, I would rather trade LMA. With his larger contract LMA would fetch much greater value in return than Pau.

TD 21
12-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Even though I am not a fan of LMA, I think you are seriously undervaluing the guy to suggest dumping him for an injury-prone guard and only ONE of two unproven prospects. And there are ways to get commensurate value in return. Trade for a player or players with expiring contracts who you believe you could re-sign. Or trade for a player or players who are not happy with their current team/role. Or a player or players who have lost favor with a new coaching regime. Or trade LMA because a team chasing the playoffs/seeding thinks LMA could be the missing piece.

An injury prone guard, who's probably a top 40ish player and a prospect, who's one of the better current ones and doesn't have obvious bust potential.

You can't get immediate commensurate value in return for a top 15-20 player. If you're thinking Cousins, as stupid as the Kings are, they can't be that stupid, because in addition to being a half decade older, he'd be unhappy, opt out and leave in a year.

Typical fan behavior: claim a player(s) sucks, then act like you'd only trade them for a premiere asset. You can't have it both ways.

sasaint
12-05-2016, 08:02 PM
An injury prone guard, who's probably a top 40ish player and a prospect, who's one of the better current ones and doesn't have obvious bust potential.

You can't get immediate commensurate value in return for a top 15-20 player. If you're thinking Cousins, as stupid as the Kings are, they can't be that stupid, because in addition to being a half decade older, he'd be unhappy, opt out and leave in a year.

Typical fan behavior: claim a player(s) sucks, then act like you'd only trade them for a premiere asset. You can't have it both ways.

I didn't say he sucks; I just don't like his game. If he sucked he would not have generated all of the interest he did as a free-agent. Plenty of FOs place a high value on him. I believe the evidence we have suggests that the Suns probably value LMA more than just Bledsoe plus Bender or Chriss. For various disparate reasons I don't think either the Spurs or the Kings would seriously consider a LMA/Cousins trade.

Gagnrath
12-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Cousins is currently a step above Aldridge... During the summer of 2015 there was a slight advantage to Aldridge and Aldridge had way less crazy. Cousins is also a couple of years younger. Now A year and a half later Aldridge hasn't gotten better and is still prone to taking mid-ranve 2s over putting in The effort to post up his man. He has also been a bit out of shape in the off seasons. Cousins has gotten better as a player added some range to his jumper and is making better decisions. The on and off court craziness has also calmed down significantly. So one has taken a clue of strides In. The right direction as he hits peak the other has stood Pat to taken a small step back in the midst of it.

DPG21920
12-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Brooklyn is definitely going to deal you would think. They desperately need draft picks to replenish their depleted ranks. Maybe someone like Lin will shake loose.

BatManu20
12-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Spurs aren't trading LMA ... :lol

Spurs9
12-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Spurs aren't trading LMA ... :lol
...If Cousins was avaliable?

cutewizard
12-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Since we are on the topic of "who-might-arrive-on-the-shores-of-the-SPURS:

check this out, hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWuujZUiKAI

cutewizard
12-07-2016, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6AtBm9FFI

cutewizard
12-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Jaxon Williams, point guard of the future!

hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYSHa5gYYk

cutewizard
12-07-2016, 10:41 PM
I miss Tim Duncan, hmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H04shYkfT0

gambit1990
12-09-2016, 12:05 AM
https://s21.postimg.org/py80ro507/Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_3_48_41_PM.png

make it happen rc, throw in a draft pick or two.

gambit1990
12-10-2016, 04:19 PM
https://s29.postimg.org/vozhatynr/Screen_Shot_2016_12_10_at_3_15_11_PM.png

CGD
12-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Jaylen Brown plays the same position as Kawhi.:wakeup

The prize there is the Nets pick. Still, in Brown we'd finally have a solid back up at that position and a player that would allow the spurs to play small with both of them on the court if needed.

apalisoc_9
12-10-2016, 09:45 PM
https://s29.postimg.org/vozhatynr/Screen_Shot_2016_12_10_at_3_15_11_PM.png

This is actually a great trade for the spurs but it won't happen....

TD 21
12-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Contingent on Burks getting and staying healthy, trending towards player he was and medical staffs confidence he'll hold up . . .

To Jazz: Bender or Chriss, Spurs '17 1st

To Spurs: Favors, Burks, future Suns protected 1st

To Suns: Aldridge

Jazz get out of a lot of money, making it more palatable to re-sign Hill and retain young core, while also getting potential better offensive fit next to Gobert and another 1st to add to treasure trove.

Spurs get seeming culture fits, younger, yet still proven players and an upgraded pick. Favors would be ideal two way fit next to Gasol, Burks would be solid third wing to replace Ginobili.

DPG21920
12-11-2016, 10:33 PM
This is actually a great trade for the spurs but it won't happen....

:lmao Why would Denver do that?

apalisoc_9
12-11-2016, 10:38 PM
:lmao Why would Denver do that?

I said it would be a great trade for the spurs..I didnt say Denver and San Antonio. :lol

Emperor
12-11-2016, 11:12 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=znjuyrh

CGD
12-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Contingent on Burks getting and staying healthy, trending towards player he was and medical staffs confidence he'll hold up . . .

Jazz get out of a lot of money, making it more palatable to re-sign Hill and retain young core, while also getting potential better offensive fit next to Gobert and another 1st to add to treasure trove.

Spurs get seeming culture fits, younger, yet still proven players and an upgraded pick. Favors would be ideal two way fit next to Gasol, Burks would be solid third wing to replace Ginobili.

Good one

Trueblood
12-12-2016, 10:55 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=znjuyrh

I couldn't see the wizards going for it since they'd be giving up Wall in his prime but this trade would be awesome provided Morris wouldn't become a cancer in the locker room. This team needs a penetrating guard to help with floor spacing and no one on the roster seems capable (Parker= age, Murray= skill, Nico= experience). This trade gives Washington shooting(Patty's hitting three's in a contract year, LMA hitting all the midrange jumpers his heart desires) and the spurs an all star in his prime to play along side the klaw. They wouldn't go for it but when you're sitting at 11th in the East you never know...

mo7888
12-12-2016, 12:25 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmgoceu

Kawhitstorm
12-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Favors is just as injury prone as Shitter & Burks had a terrible ankle injury that may never be 100% ala Deron Williams.:lol

CGD
12-12-2016, 09:33 PM

Like the framework, but would rather just drop the Green-Bradley part of the trade and take back the Net's 1st which Boston owns.

LittleCriminal
12-12-2016, 09:46 PM
Parker and Anderson to the Pistons for T. Harris.

TD 21
12-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Favors is just as injury prone as Shitter & Burks had a terrible ankle injury that may never be 100% ala Deron Williams.:lol

That's an exaggeration with the former and I listed specific contingencies with the latter, but I guess it was too difficult to comprehend for you.

Any exact trade is minimally unlikely, but if/when, this is the type of one I foresee them honing in on: proven players in that age group, that appear to fit the culture.

szkorhetz
12-13-2016, 06:01 PM
That's an exaggeration with the former and I listed specific contingencies with the latter, but I guess it was too difficult to comprehend for you.

Any exact trade is minimally unlikely, but if/when, this is the type of one I foresee them honing in on: proven players in that age group, that appear to fit the culture.
Actually I really like Favors and he would be a great fit, IMHO.

Spurs9
12-13-2016, 06:27 PM

I like it, just throw in Anderson as well to Boston though tbh

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I'm exaggeration::rolleyes

Is Derrick Favors’ injury history an obstacle towards extending his contract?: http://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-agency/2016/11/18/13655966/nba-free-agency-2017-utah-jazz-derrick-favors-injury-contract-extension-worry

Utah Jazz shooting guard Alec Burks is out indefinitely after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle Tuesday. The procedure, Burks' third since fracturing his leg during a hard fall during a game last December, removed an extra area of bone between Burks' tibia and fibula.

"That fall was major trauma," Lindsey said. "… So there has certainly been some residual issues over the past 10 months.

What's next, trade for Bogut/Deron Williams contingent on them "getting and staying healthy".:lol

TD 21
12-14-2016, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I'm exaggeration::rolleyes

What's next, trade for Bogut/Deron Williams contingent on them "getting and staying healthy".:lol

Favors is nowhere near as injury prone as Splitter . . .

Favors has played 60 or more games 6 times and 73 or more games 4 times.

Splitter has played exactly 60 games 1 time and more than 60 games 1 other time.

But keep talking out of your ass. :wakeup

Kawhitstorm
12-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Favors is nowhere near as injury prone as Splitter . . .

Favors has played 60 or more games 6 times and 73 or more games 4 times.

Splitter has played exactly 60 games 1 time and more than 60 games 1 other time.

Just b/c Favors played it doesn't mean he was healthy, dude was dragging himself like Shitter did in the 2015 postseason. Shitter also only played 59 in '11-'12 b/c it was a lockout shortened season. :rolleyes

If Pop was babysitting Favors then he probably wouldn't have played more than 60 the past 3 seasons.:lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Waive Forbes, offer Motiejunas the min ( if he can pass a medical at all ).

Ice009
12-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Didn't the Nets try signing him for $37 million, but Houston still wouldn't let him go as they said they wanted to retain him. How would the Spurs get him for the minimum if the Nets couldn't get him for $37 million?

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Didn't the Nets try signing him for $37 million, but Houston still wouldn't let him go as they said they wanted to retain him. How would the Spurs get him for the minimum if the Nets couldn't get him for $37 million?

My post wasn't entirely serious, however, the Rockets Motiejunas saga finally ended with him being released and becoming an unrestricted free agent, though unable to be signed by the Nets. Supposedly the Rockets had him for a physical and after that they decided to renounce him. It's weird because he was about to sign a very team friendly contract, so he might be completely broken, who knows.

Ice009
12-16-2016, 09:49 AM
My post wasn't entirely serious, however, the Rockets Motiejunas saga finally ended with him being released and becoming an unrestricted free agent, though unable to be signed by the Nets. Supposedly the Rockets had him for a physical and after that they decided to renounce him. It's weird because he was about to sign a very team friendly contract, so he might be completely broken, who knows.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought the Rockets didn't want to let him go and I also thought that he didn't want to play for Houston even if they did match. I thought they left him in a state of flux. Didn't realize that he went in for a physical and that he was willing to play for Houston. I assume that means he's in bad shape physically with his back. Was it his back that was/is the issue?

SAGirl
12-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Rockets completely screwed him over. He had a deal with the Nets that they interfered with to then renounce him.

SAGirl
12-16-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I thought the Rockets didn't want to let him go and I also thought that he didn't want to play for Houston even if they did match. I thought they left him in a state of flux. Didn't realize that he went in for a physical and that he was willing to play for Houston. I assume that means he's in bad shape physically with his back. Was it his back that was/is the issue?
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244297/Rockets-Renounce-Rights-To-Donatas-Motiejunas

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:48 PM

Raptors have the Room Exception & they are in bad need of a 4 so he might be an option even if he's an injury risk.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Raptors have the Room Exception & they are in bad need of a 4 so he might be an option even if he's an injury risk.

They're going all-in on Millsap, tbh, the entire city(I live here) is convinced he'll be in TO this season:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 03:53 PM
They're going all-in on Millsap, tbh, the entire city(I live here) is convinced he'll be in TO this season:lol

They can pick him up for depth since they are going to lose their young bigs if they ever made the Millsap deal. (Jonas is his teammate on the Lithuanian NT)

ManuTastic
12-16-2016, 04:07 PM
LMA for Avery Bradley and Crowder.

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 04:23 PM
LMA for Avery Bradley and Crowder.probably the best somewhat realistic trade proposal at this point imo, I feel like if Cs traded Bradley they wouldn't throw in Crowder though

Emperor
12-16-2016, 05:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hg2466k

UNT Eagles 2016
12-16-2016, 06:42 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x85/hurriandrewfury1209/trade1_zpseky3vo8f.jpg

Throw in the Magic's first round pick this upcoming draft. As you see, we take back only expiring contracts. We can then proceed to give max contracts to both Paul and Curry in the offseason.

sasaint
12-16-2016, 09:46 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hg2466k

Let the Celts keep Smart and the Spurs keep Patty. Then this trade is pretty good.

SpurPadre
12-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Pau and the artist formerly known as LDN for Conley? That improves our PG immensely assuming Conley is no longer a cripple and Simmons can start at SG with Dedmon starting at the 5.

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 09:55 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x85/hurriandrewfury1209/trade1_zpseky3vo8f.jpg

Throw in the Magic's first round pick this upcoming draft. As you see, we take back only expiring contracts. We can then proceed to give max contracts to both Paul and Curry in the offseason.

CGD
12-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Let the Celts keep Smart and the Spurs keep Patty. Then this trade is pretty good.

LMA can and should fetch more than just Bradly and Amir. Really just Bradley in your scenarios since Amir is just largely filler to make the salaries work. Hes free agent next summer and I'd rather focus on keeping Dedmon.

You'd need to toss in a Boston first and/or another young asset for it to make sense for SA.

mo7888
12-17-2016, 12:14 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z3repqm

Helps Toronto gain on Cleveland and we get a better rim protector and something for the future...

ceperez
12-17-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jh8dk8z

mo7888
12-17-2016, 12:38 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hu5b7v2

Helps Boston gain on Cleveland and we get a better rim protector and something for the future

sasaint
12-17-2016, 12:53 PM

Helps Boston gain on Cleveland and we get a better rim protector and something for the future

Not a big fan of Noel, and he is redundant to Dedmon this season but insurance for next. Even though this trade doesn't bolster the PG position, I like the infusion of young talent.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-17-2016, 04:31 PM

Why not? Paul, Curry, and Parker would make the most dynamic point guard trio on one team in NBA history.

CGD
12-18-2016, 12:32 PM

Spurs or Cs would need to give Philly a little something more, otherwise the framework seems right.

The other peice of this is Dedmon. If he keeps playing well I'm not sure how much money the Spurs can offer him to stay since he'll likely opt out next summer. Maybe the Spurs will be forced into a sell high situation?

CGD
12-18-2016, 12:45 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jh8dk8z

Maybe if they toss in a pick since Serge is expiring. Also, Serge is a shell of himself and I don't just think it's the fit in Orlando. It's as if he lied about his age or something . . .

Vucevic is a poor man's LMA, but cheaper for the same period of time so that might work. It just can't be the only thing really coming back.

Ditty
12-18-2016, 01:03 PM
I would like Ibaka on the Spurs. He would be a good fit, but I wouldn't touch Green with a ten inch pole.

mo7888
12-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Spurs or Cs would need to give Philly a little something more, otherwise the framework seems right.

The other peice of this is Dedmon. If he keeps playing well I'm not sure how much money the Spurs can offer him to stay since he'll likely opt out next summer. Maybe the Spurs will be forced into a sell high situation?

I agree with that. I would expect Philly to get draft considerations in that framework.

sasaint
12-19-2016, 09:02 PM
LMA can and should fetch more than just Bradly and Amir. Really just Bradley in your scenarios since Amir is just largely filler to make the salaries work. Hes free agent next summer and I'd rather focus on keeping Dedmon.

You'd need to toss in a Boston first and/or another young asset for it to make sense for SA.

LMA should fetch more than Amir and Bradley. Likewise, I like Mills much more than Smart. So, by combining those two deals, the Spurs come out even worse.

SAGirl
12-19-2016, 10:12 PM
I don't see a trade happening midseason.
Despite the close games, the point differential, the slow defensive starts, I still think they stand pat. They have a mostly old team still in important roles with Manu in a possible last season and if healthy will make the playoffs with a good spot. I can't see Pop altering that.

MaNu4Tres
12-19-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't see a trade happening midseason.
Despite the close games, the point differential, the slow defensive starts, I still think they stand pat. They have a mostly old team still in important roles with Manu in a possible last season and if healthy will make the playoffs with a good spot. I can't see Pop altering that.

What a bold take.

Since we are giving bold takes, how about this one?

I see the Spurs getting any of the top 4 seeds for the playoffs!

Trades very rarely happen, especially when a team has a > .800 winning percentage.

Spurs, as always, will test the waters and make & take calls, but there will likely be no offers they like since they are so disciplined.

SAGirl
12-20-2016, 11:18 AM
What a bold take.

Since we are giving bold takes, how about this one?

I see the Spurs getting any of the top 4 seeds for the playoffs!

Trades very rarely happen, especially when a team has a > .800 winning percentage.

Spurs, as always, will test the waters and make & take calls, but there will likely be no offers they like since they are so disciplined.
I appreciate the sarcasm. The chat is just for the entertainment of course, but the more Inconsider ideas here Injust can't see any of them happening. It's a pointless exercise to me. But to each his own I guess.

Spurs9
12-20-2016, 11:31 AM

:lol UNT secretly Sam Hinkie

NASpurs
12-22-2016, 07:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-heats-rebuild-is-anything-but-clear-cut-185141943.html

Dragic is open to a trade, league sources told The Vertical, and Miami has pursued that option. An early season swap with Sacramento for Rudy Gay fell apart when the Heat sought Darren Collison, sources said, and teams that have probed Miami about Dragic have found the Heat open to offers.

Too bad the Spurs don't have shit to give in any realistic scenario.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 09:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-the-heats-rebuild-is-anything-but-clear-cut-185141943.html

Kings holding out b/c of Collison.:lmao

gambit1990
12-22-2016, 10:25 PM

a trade too bad for words.

gambit1990
12-23-2016, 03:27 AM
you get rid of parker not just for this season but because he's on the books for next season as well.

gambit1990
01-18-2017, 01:08 AM
would trade parker for an injured cp3.

we'll drop in the standings, doesn't matter. basketball is a game of matchups but if you wanna win the championship, you shouldn't need to avoid anyone.

i'll take cp3 + kawhi in playoffs over curry + durant, over lebron + kyrie.

Robz4000
01-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Spurs definitely need more playmaking, but I'm not sure Pop would even play another guard above Parker/Ginobili/Mills even if they were struggling. IMO Spurs need to target another 3&D guy (emphasis on the D) to play when LDN is ineffective and can play over Simmons if needed. Hollis Thompson sounded like a great candidate but I haven't seen any news on what he's doing.

FkLA
01-18-2017, 01:13 AM

Would be awesome if RC could dupe Miami into taking the Pork for Dragic before he starts being shit again, tbh.

gambit1990
01-18-2017, 01:19 AM
Spurs definitely need more playmaking, but I'm not sure Pop would even play another guard above Parker/Ginobili/Mills even if they were struggling. IMO Spurs need to target another 3&D guy (emphasis on the D) to play when LDN is ineffective and can play over Simmons if needed. Hollis Thompson sounded like a great candidate but I haven't seen any news on what he's doing.
while i agree with most of what you said... hollis thompson is not a difference maker.

Robz4000
01-18-2017, 01:23 AM
while i agree with most of what you said... hollis thompson is not a difference maker.

They're not gonna make any significant trades, let's be real. Hollis Thompson wouldn't cost them anything while providing a lot of what Green can do (albeit not quite as good). He's also played in a Spurs-like system before with Brown up in Philly so his learning curve wouldn't be too rough.

gambit1990
01-18-2017, 01:27 AM
They're not gonna make any significant trades, let's be real. Hollis Thompson wouldn't cost them anything while providing a lot of what Green can do (albeit not quite as good). He's also played in a Spurs-like system before with Brown up in Philly so his learning curve wouldn't be too rough.
i agree with you. i just think it's moot only acquiring him. the needle doesn't move so much.

Robz4000
01-18-2017, 01:37 AM
i agree with you. i just think it's moot only acquiring him. the needle doesn't move so much.

It won't move much, but if he can play like he did in the 15-16 season he can definitely be a contributor when the Spurs need another defender with length for small-ball. As of now I don't really see another known player out there that would add much to the team; the buyout market may yield something but for now they can't do better.

gambit1990
01-20-2017, 10:22 PM
wolves talking to the pistons about swapping rubio for reggie jackson. wolves wanna include shabazz in the deal.

if that doesn't pan out, this math works:
https://s24.postimg.org/gtf8m5285/Screen_Shot_2017_01_20_at_9_09_38_PM.png

and i would see what else the wolves would want.

pad300
01-20-2017, 11:00 PM

Dedmon could be another challenge in the offseason. I would hope we can keep him but the he's looking quite good, and I think we are going to have cap challenges, see http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265869&p=8869321&viewfull=1#post8869321

The argument against, is the what has happened with Baynes and Boban, both got snagged from us for contracts we couldn't/wouldn't match, and haven't performed as well when they left...

But, as an assumption, the Spurs believe they will not be able to resign Dedmon. How about trading Dedmon for Nurkic?
Denver has capspace (projected at ~$19 Million) to resign Dedmon if he works out with them, and if not it's only a rental for them. They are looking for a partner to trade Nurkic to.
Nurkic is worse than Dedmon, but younger, and has shown promise - and is still on his rookie contract next year. So he needs to be resigned in 2018, when we have capspace.

I think there would need to be some picks/prospects moved to make it balance though.

Ice009
01-20-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm not trading Dedmon unless I get a better player back for right now.

playbonner15
01-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Pau for Bonner straight up

TimDunkem
01-21-2017, 12:10 AM
Throw in Anderson just to get him off the team and I'll consider it.

TimDunkem
01-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Just kidding. Rubio sucks.

Just take Anderson for free.

MaNu4Tres
01-21-2017, 12:13 AM
Trade Anderson for a top 50 protected 2021 2nd round pick.

Use the spot to sign Hollis Thompson to a 2-3 yr non guaranteed deal.

dabom
01-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Trade Anderson for a top 50 protected 2021 2nd round pick.

Use the spot to sign Hollis Thompson to a 2-3 yr non guaranteed deal.

Any fathead trade you propose, I'm gonna bump. :tu

Spurs9
02-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Okafor is being shopped for a pick, I think he still has alot of upside. Think the Spurs have put in intrest to Philly for him? This dude probably would play more aggressively around the rim than Aldridge. Hes still young and with the right development he can be good.

Any scenario you think the Spurs would have intrest in Melo? Parker+Anderson for Melo? :lol

gambit1990
02-07-2017, 02:32 PM
phil jackson wanted lma. clippers wants melo. i want cp3.

something along the lines of:
spurs get cp3
clippers get melo
knicks get lma and parker

Chinook
02-07-2017, 02:50 PM
-sigh-

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Okafor is being shopped for a pick, I think he still has alot of upside. Think the Spurs have put in intrest to Philly for him? This dude probably would play more aggressively around the rim than Aldridge. Hes still young and with the right development he can be good.

Any scenario you think the Spurs would have intrest in Melo? Parker+Anderson for Melo? :lol
Danny Green, Patty, and a late first round pick should easily get it done tbh

DPG21920
02-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Danny Green, Patty, and a late first round pick should easily get it done tbh

No way I trade Danny for Okafor. No way do I trade 2 rotational guards for Okafor.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2017, 06:47 PM
No way I trade Danny for Okafor. No way do I trade 2 rotational guards for Okafor.
No way I keep D-League (overpaid) and Microwave (who will leave after the season)

Robz4000
02-07-2017, 08:27 PM
At this point I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for Lou Williams. Spurs could send them Patty and another piece (Forbes?) along with a second round pick to get it done. Not sure the Lakers would be willing to trade him and for that package, but he shouldn't be part of their long-term plans considering he's on the other side of 30.

Ice009
02-07-2017, 08:49 PM
At this point I wouldn't be opposed to a trade for Lou Williams. Spurs could send them Patty and another piece (Forbes?) along with a second round pick to get it done. Not sure the Lakers would be willing to trade him and for that package, but he shouldn't be part of their long-term plans considering he's on the other side of 30.

Yeah, I'd be very interested in Lou Williams. If the Lakers want Patty, I'd do that trade immediately.

GSH
02-08-2017, 03:57 PM
I'd forge a birth certificate and sign this kid. 92 points in a single game? Dayum.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-lamelo-ball-scores-92-points-in-chino-hills-victory-20170207-story.html

Robz4000
02-08-2017, 04:01 PM
I'd forge a birth certificate and sign this kid. 92 points in a single game? Dayum.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-lamelo-ball-scores-92-points-in-chino-hills-victory-20170207-story.html

There was some D-III college kid a few years ago that scores over 100 points in multiple games tbh. Even considering the circumstances of those games (teammates gave him all the shots, he chucked in 25 3s, etc) it was still pretty impressive, though he never was an NBA prospect.

CGD
02-08-2017, 04:49 PM
I would definitely be floating Kyle and this year's first to see if I can get a value buy whose entering RFA.

Philly would want more than that for Noel, but I think they're kind of in a tough spot with his situation too.

$pursDynasty
02-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Trade Patty Mills and Kyle Anderson to the Los Angeles Lakers for Lou Williams. Give us our go to scorer in the 2nd unit to take over the Manu/Jamal Crawford/Iggy role. Give up Patty who is ok but can't carry the bench by himself and Kyle who doesn't give us much on the offensive end but does give us good defense. The Lakers are inspired to tank so they might go for it and didn't Kyle play at UCLA? Per ESPN trade machine it nets us 6 wins and nets the Lakers -11. A win-win for both teams.

Spurs9
02-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Honestly do you think teams are really looking at Anderson as a piece they would want? It seems to be me you could find someone out of the dleague at the same skill level and better with more potential.

sasaint
02-08-2017, 06:14 PM
I would definitely be floating Kyle and this year's first to see if I can get a value buy whose entering RFA.

Philly would want more than that for Noel, but I think they're kind of in a tough spot with his situation too.

If Philly trades Okafor to the Pels (or elsewhere) I wonder if they will still want to move Noel?

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Honestly do you think teams are really looking at Anderson as a piece they would want? It seems to be me you could find someone out of the dleague at the same skill level and better with more potential.
HEB wouldn't even give you moldy bread in exchange for Kyle Anderson tbh

cd021
02-08-2017, 06:37 PM
No way I keep D-League (overpaid) and Microwave (who will leave after the season)

:lol at wanting a big can't rebound, defend, or hit his FT's and is is only effective in the post. It's hard to imagine him being a positive in a starters role on a playoff team with his limited skill set.

TD 21
02-08-2017, 06:41 PM
If Philly trades Okafor to the Pels (or elsewhere) I wonder if they will still want to move Noel?

Why would they? Granted, Holmes, who's really a 4 and 1/2, has shown flashes, but given Embiid's fragility and the high picks they still have coming to upgrade the back court, that wouldn't make any sense.

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2017, 06:46 PM
:lol at wanting a big can't rebound, defend, or hit his FT's and is is only effective in the post. It's hard to imagine him being a positive in a starters role on a playoff team with his limited skill set.
Eh, Tiago splitter is a champion and all did was set screens and defend the P&R tbh

Okafor has great potential and he can dribble. Chip can improve his shot

sasaint
02-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Why would they? Granted, Holmes, who's really a 4 and 1/2, has shown flashes, but given Embiid's fragility and the high picks they still have coming to upgrade the back court, that wouldn't make any sense.

Mine was really a rhetorical question. I agree. If Philly moves Okafor then Noel ain't going nowhere. Nor is Holmes.

CGD
02-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Mine was really a rhetorical question. I agree. If Philly moves Okafor then Noel ain't going nowhere. Nor is Holmes.

Agree, Noel stays if they move on from Okafor. They'll just let the market set his price and match it.

cd021
02-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Eh, Tiago splitter is a champion and all did was set screens and defend the P&R tbh

Okafor has great potential and he can dribble. Chip can improve his shot

He was also a great passer in addition to being an excellent screen setter and a very good defender. Offensively he was an efficient post player and a ,actually, a solid finisher (when his shot wasn't getting blocked :lol).

Jah has one real skill and it's pretty antiquated by today's standards. He is hard to pair with another big because of all his limitations while also maximizing is one true skill.

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Okafor showcased his talents on whoever was on him tonight. Monster

mo7888
02-09-2017, 05:16 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jegldt7

If Boston makes a move for Butler I'd like to see us try and pry Avery out of that deal. Helps greatly defending against GS and at 26 he'd fit nicely next to Murray in future seasons. We'd have a hole or two in the roster that we can hopefully fill with buyout candidates.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2017, 06:02 PM

If Boston makes a move for Butler I'd like to see us try and pry Avery out of that deal. Helps greatly defending against GS and at 26 he'd fit nicely next to Murray in future seasons. We'd have a hole or two in the roster that we can hopefully fill with buyout candidates.

Not a bad deal man, though the only way Chicago takes that is if they get the Nets pick tbh.

Chinook
02-09-2017, 06:20 PM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1522849

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Avery Bradley is arguably a legit #3 guy on a good team, how would the Spurs get him by giving up an expiring Patty Mills and 2 mediocre prospects, tbh?:lol

SAGirl
02-09-2017, 07:59 PM

No objection to trading those 3 guys but this is highly unrealistic.... shouldn't have bothered.

apalisoc_9
02-09-2017, 08:05 PM

Wow..

The collective IQ of Realgm posters must be worse than that of adults with learning disabilities.

SAGirl
02-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Actually more realistic than the Avery trade...
No objection to trade Patty if Pops is not going to reup him (Is he? I still go back and forth) any of Anderson and SImms should be in trade talks bc Pops is not playing Kyle enough. He's 23 and could make something of himself elsewhere maybe and Simmons is easily the most replaceable guy in the rotation and he's a FA I can't see Spurs reupping. The scenario including Danny and Bertans is ridiculous.

tonight...you
02-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Dude... I would so go for that.

CGD
02-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Kyle for R. Holmes + swap Spurs 2017 first for philly's highest 2017 2nd (currently 34).

Get a cost controlled big prospect and insurance in case Dedmon and/or Lee leave. Give Kyle a chance to reboot his career on a new team.

Chinook
02-09-2017, 09:11 PM
I'd say no. The Spurs shouldn't pay to get another big, especially with Manu and Mills leaving.