PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge looks unhappy

George Gervin's Afro
11-30-2016, 08:59 PM
he's not playing with any energy. he looks very unmotivated and rarely acknowledges Kawhi..... somethings up...

Spurs9
11-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Maybe hes being traded for Cousins

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Pop probably hasn't been letting him use his Twitter, tbh..

Proxy
11-30-2016, 09:10 PM
Parker has been like that for a while now, wouldn't think much of it

sasaint
11-30-2016, 09:52 PM
Nice, hustling D.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-30-2016, 09:57 PM
I honestly don't see him resigning at all here.

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:00 PM
I honestly don't see him resigning at all here.

Who? Gasol? Deadman? Patty?

Amuseddaysleeper
11-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Who? Gasol? Deadman? Patty?

Aldridge

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:15 PM
Aldridge

I hope we move him before the trade deadline. His option isn't until the '18-19 season.

Spurs9
11-30-2016, 10:16 PM
I hope we move him before the trade deadline. His option isn't until the '18-19 season.

SpursforSix
11-30-2016, 10:19 PM
What's wrong with y'all nigs. I just heard he was almost in shape.

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:20 PM
As I have said in several other threads, Danny must have worked tirelessly in the offseason on his handles and passing. :tu

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:21 PM
What's wrong with y'all nigs. I just heard he was almost in shape.

:lmao

timtonymanu
11-30-2016, 10:28 PM
Coming into camp out of shape two years in a row, he should be the last person pouting.

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Coming into camp out of shape two years in a row, he should be the last person pouting.

LMA should be the first player gone.

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Simmons with the nice drive and hockey assist. The guy is really learning.

skut_farkus
11-30-2016, 10:36 PM
Pop probably hasn't been letting him use his Twitter, tbh..

:lol

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:36 PM
Simmons assists Kawhi very nicely!

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Wow! The Patty Mills Show!

sasaint
11-30-2016, 10:46 PM
Danny Drive!

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Really annoying that he passed up a semi-open J in favor of passing to a covered Danny Green..fortunately DG made that reverse layup at the buzzer..

timtonymanu
11-30-2016, 10:52 PM
5 pts, 8 rebounds, outplayed by Dedmon.

Sick of this guy being inconsistent and mostly in the background.

spursistan
11-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Low-impact player doing low-impact player things :lol..

Not even in one single highlight of the comeback win :lmao..

spurtech09
11-30-2016, 10:53 PM
LMA trying to get traded...Trade him to a sorry team.

ElNono
11-30-2016, 10:55 PM
rounding up into form, non-issue

cd98
11-30-2016, 10:57 PM
He'll get on a hot streak and most of this talk will cease.

dabom
11-30-2016, 10:57 PM

apalisoc_9
11-30-2016, 11:02 PM

You got that right.....

pgardn
11-30-2016, 11:08 PM
When Duncan could not hit that easy jumper....

And now we got a big that can(but did not tonight) and goodbye?
If Dedman plays the dirty role, we good.

MaNu4Tres
11-30-2016, 11:21 PM
He made the All-Star team last year.. tbh..

His jumper is the only aspect about his game that is at an All-Star level.

I'd rather use his value to bring in Jrue Holiday and a role playing PF in a 3 team deal.

BatManu20
11-30-2016, 11:30 PM
Trade him for Boogie Cousins tbh. Boogie and Sean Elliott become bff's and the Spurs 3-peat.

alpha_HaZE
11-30-2016, 11:47 PM
Good win tonight, I don't see the craziness. Pop is clearly playing mad scientist right now, yet we are second behind the warriors which is pretty good. It's no secret KL is slowing down in the last few games and just he couldn't buy a basket in the first 3 quarters. It was hard to watch!

And to be honest, to see Kawhi come back in the fourth and win it for us, that makes me so hopeful for the future. And even thought it would be great to have Cousins instead of LA, it's hard to see it happening.

weeks
12-02-2016, 12:32 AM
I gotta say i don't really care for lmas body language lately. And it isn't that he's out of shape entirely. He seems passive as fuck. But we're winning so whatever. Just as long as he turns it on in the spring.

he can be seriously fkn frustrating with these lazy long jumpers. At least he's tall enough to get them off against pretty much anyone

illusioNtEk
12-02-2016, 12:46 AM
when your 30+ years old you gotta save your energy for later in the playoffs... get off his back already you old timers

gambit1990
12-02-2016, 01:07 AM
you know what rings in my head still?

lma: "i'm not trying to be david robinson, tim duncan... those players only come around once every 20 years."
rc: "that's what we're expecting though."
lma: "on that note, i'm gonna go ahead and go to my car... but no, i'm gonna be myself."

rc wasn't joking around when he said that.

alpha_HaZE
12-02-2016, 03:03 PM
you know what rings in my head still?

lma: "i'm not trying to be david robinson, tim duncan... those players only come around once every 20 years."
rc: "that's what we're expecting though."
lma: "on that note, i'm gonna go ahead and go to my car... but no, i'm gonna be myself."

rc wasn't joking around when he said that.

did that conversation really happened? Do you happen to have a link?

gambit1990
12-02-2016, 03:14 PM
did that conversation really happened? Do you happen to have a link?
yes.

youtube the press conference that took place after signing him.

Arcadian
12-02-2016, 03:20 PM
ITT: Fans attempt to psychoanalyze a basketball player.

I don't care about his emotional state. I just want him to put a round ball through a hoop, and grab it when others fail to do so.

SAGirl
12-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Lamarcus last game: :vomit::vomit:
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/sa.png&h=100&w=100Spurs

STARTERS
MIN
FG
3PT
FT
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

L. Aldridge (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2983/lamarcus-aldridge)PF
2-9
0-0
1-2
+0

He was only a neutral 0 bc he shared the court with Patty while he got hot and carried the team to victory... there is not a single hustle stat there.

Hard to root for a guy like that.

SpursIndonesia
12-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Moved to the more appropriate thread

baseline bum
12-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Maybe hes being traded for Cousins

:lol

Play Boban
12-02-2016, 06:23 PM
he's not playing with any energy. he looks very unmotivated and rarely acknowledges Kawhi..... somethings up...
Maybe Tony banged his gf?

alpha_HaZE
12-02-2016, 06:25 PM
yes.

youtube the press conference that took place after signing him.

OK, yes to anyone else who might be interested the link is below and it's 4 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jDrgAq0b8
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jDrgAq0b8)

It was said jokingly but that doesn't take away from your argument. Thanks for pointing that out!

LMA doesn't seem to work as hard as they expect to, and I am sure he is not the first Spurs player to do so, but most likely he is the first lead guy. Timmy, Manu, Tony, Danny, and Kawhi work their asses off, take care of their bodies, rest, and eat consciously. Chris Bosh called it "living inside a fish bowl" or something to that extent. It requires a certain mental stamina, something most people do not have. Blair is a perfect example of someone that lacks that mental focus. When he didn't get drafted, and there was this coach that called him fat in the workouts prior, went into the gym and started working out that very next second! Stayed in shape, got signed by the Spurs and had a wonderful first regular season.

I don't think LaMarcus is that bad, or anywhere near that, I think we are so spoiled from having Timmy and Kawhi, that we hold LA onto unrealistic standards. If that doesn't convince you, let me say it this way; Say LaMarcus worked as hard as Kawhi, then he would be an MVP - Type of player before joining us, so he most likely stays with Portland and/or signs with the Warriors or some other super team. Not San Antonio.

TrainOfThought5
12-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Trade him. Asap.

Spur|n|Austin
12-02-2016, 06:42 PM
when your 30+ years old you gotta save your energy for later in the playoffs... get off his back already you old timers

Yeah and show up overweight for training camp for the second year in a row.. Crazy 31 year olds with their slow metabolisms!

sasaint
12-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Trade him. Asap.

:tu The J. McMullin rumors were the most exciting thing that has happened all season. On the other hand, the fact that they have not yet come to fruition is the biggest disappointment of the season.

K...
12-02-2016, 07:26 PM
It's like you never met an overpaid lazy person. get used to it, trumps america!

bklynspursfan
12-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Yea seriously. He started slow last year, plus he's probably doing a bit less to help Pau get comfortable, just as Timmy did with him last year.

Let's wait until the RRT and see how things are. If they're still bad, then everyone can whine and freak out as much as they want

tholdren
12-02-2016, 09:52 PM
hes better than gasol, who is arguably worse than D worst

G-Dawgg
12-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Stop hating... If one day he ends up playing for OKC, I'll laugh my ass off at all the Aldridge haters :D .... Aldridge and Westbrook would be something else. At least Aldridge would be on the recieving end of some Westbrook assists unlike here in San Antonio. The ball has been 'sticking' a little too much when Kawhi is handling it...

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 02:34 AM
The ball has been 'sticking' a little too much when Kawhi is handling it...

Kawhi's drives & dish to Patty, and him passing to open Danny, was a beautiful play in the crunch time.

Also, Pop sat Kawhi and let LMA as main scorer on the court to get him going but it wasn't the case either in last games.

But if you think that our PGs don't look for LMA like Russ would do...Tell Pop it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-03-2016, 02:51 AM
Kawhi's drives & dish to Patty, and him passing to open Danny, was a beautiful play in the crunch time.

Also, Pop sat Kawhi and let LMA as main scorer on the court to get him going but it wasn't the case either in last games.

But if you think that our PGs don't look for LMA like Russ would do...Tell Pop it.

Pop can't do anything about it though. There's no player on the roster who can penetrate consistently and collapse the defense. There's a reason they've been close to bottom in points in the paint all season long.

MaNu4Tres
12-03-2016, 03:08 AM
:tu The J. McMullin rumors were the most exciting thing that has happened all season. On the other hand, the fact that they have not yet come to fruition is the biggest disappointment of the season.

Anyone expecting a trade this early in the season has to be new to this. It's either a trade in the summer, or at the deadline almost always. Teams usually hold out their best offers til it comes close to the deadline. Plus, a lot of teams like to give the team time to see if their perspectives change or if different variables arise -- then they start reassessing their perspective on the team and players around mid January.

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 03:14 AM
Pop can't do anything about it though. There's no player on the roster who can penetrate consistently and collapse the defense. There's a reason they've been close to bottom in points in the paint all season long.

Like LMA needs other player who collapses the defense to get buckets...He used to be the most deadly mid-range shooter bigman in the league, a simple P&R or P&Pop should be enough for him.

MaNu4Tres
12-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Like LMA needs other player who collapses the defense to get buckets...He used to be the most deadly mid-range shooter bigman in the league, a simple P&R or P&Pop should be enough for him.

You need your best offensive players to be a threat at putting pressure at the rim and induce the weakside defense to move and rotate.

Aldridge and his jumpers dont do that. His points are nice, but they are fools gold because of the way he manufacturers those points which hardly ever open up better opportunities for the team or his teammates.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-03-2016, 03:22 AM
Like LMA needs other player who collapses the defense to get buckets...He used to be the most deadly mid-j big in the league, a simple P&R or P&Pop should be enough for him.

Meh. Sure, but he's not efficient, he's shooting 40% from 10 feet away to the 3 point line. He needs more shots close to the rim, where he's shooting almost twice less than last season and at a worse percentage. No one gets him easy buckets. And not just for him, of course, they work too hard for every point.

MaNu4Tres
12-03-2016, 03:27 AM
Meh. Sure, but he's not efficient, he's shooting 40% from 10 feet away to the 3 point line. He needs more shots close to the rim, where he's shooting almost twice less than last season and at a worse percentage. No one gets him easy buckets. And not just for him, of course, they work too hard for every point.

Aldridge started getting a lot of easy points last year whenever he lost the offseason pudge after January.

Once he got in better shape, he moved and ran the floor better. Hed be one of the first ones down the floor and he'd lock his man up as he established inside position between the basket and his man where they threw him a lot of early over the top passes for easy lay ups. Who knows if we will see that again.

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 03:29 AM
Aldridge and his jumpers dont do that. His points are nice, but they are fools gold because of the way he manufacturers those points which hardly ever open up better opportunities for the team or his teammates.

Sure, but he's not efficient, he's shooting 40% from 10 feet away to the 3 point line. He needs more shots close to the rim.

Sometimes it seems like people never watched LMA in his whole career in Portland. He never was a post-up big, never got his most points close to the rim.

Of course it would be nice if he gets some easy baskets but those easy never been his most scoring. And his strong suit is what you hate, his mid-j.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Aldridge just needs to play more bully ball instead of turning and fading away like hes an SG. He's like the heaviest big man in the league... If he gets a wide open jumper, by all means..but when he does his fade away jumpers it does nothing for the team but hope a low percentage shot gets in.

If he bullies players, the defense will have to collapse. The closer he gets to the rim, the more open green and the rest of the guys are.

I think he's struggling with the idea of bullying bigs because he knows he's most likely going to have to pass the ball when they do collapse leaving Green and the perimter open.

MaNu4Tres
12-03-2016, 03:36 AM
Sometimes it seems like people never watched LMA in his whole career in Portland. He never was a post-up big, never got his most points close to the rim.

Of course it would be nice if he gets some easy baskets but those easy never been his most scoring. And his strong suit is what you hate, his mid-j.

And thats why Portland never did anything with him. And thats why Spurs wont win anything with him either. Even more so, now that we know he sits on his ass most of the offseason.

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 03:45 AM
I think he's struggling with the idea of sharing his touches with Gasol
Fixed.

And I don't blame him. One thing is helping a young stud to be great like in Kawhi's case, but having to share his spots with a player who's past his prime is other.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-03-2016, 03:47 AM

While he's always been a great midrange jumpshooter, it's not entirely true that he shoots much more often from 10 feet away. Only a couple of times in his career he's shot as few times from 10 feet in as he has been this season. Also, his percentage around the rim has always been very good, lingering around .700. So they should use that strength of his more often.

The problem, to me, seems to be that he's not in a good shape yet, as MaNu4Tres has already pointed. Once he gets in shape he'll be able to establish positions closer to the rim and earlier than he's doing it now, which will help his game, just like last season.

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 03:58 AM
Once he gets in shape he'll be able to establish positions closer to the rim and earlier than he's doing it now, which will help his game, just like last season.

Well, LMA came on strong late last season, hopefully he repeats that late-performance. :tu

lefty20
12-03-2016, 05:08 AM
He's just got that Jay Cutler esque resting face, tbh.

sasaint
12-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Anyone expecting a trade this early in the season has to be new to this. It's either a trade in the summer, or at the deadline almost always. Teams usually hold out their best offers til it comes close to the deadline. Plus, a lot of teams like to give the team time to see if their perspectives change or if different variables arise -- then they start reassessing their perspective on the team and players around mid January.

Didn't really expect a trade to go down - I am definitely not new to this. But the breaking of the rumor so early in the season was so unusual that I gave in to my optimism. Hope springs eternal.

cd021
12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
LMA's body language doesn't seem bad to me. He seemed engaged in the Washington game and in games that he played poorly in, he might check out but players react differently.

DJR210
12-03-2016, 04:05 PM
The Spurs just need someone who wants to be the man.. Everybody on the Spurs is so thrilled to defer to someone

UZER
12-03-2016, 04:39 PM
The Spurs just need someone who wants to be the man.. Everybody on the Spurs is so thrilled to defer to someone

Manu and Parker still want to be the man :lol

DJR210
12-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Manu and Parker still want to be the man :lol

:lol exactly

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Aldridge just needs to play more bully ball instead of turning and fading away like hes an SG. He's like the heaviest big man in the league... If he gets a wide open jumper, by all means..but when he does his fade away jumpers it does nothing for the team but hope a low percentage shot gets in.

If he bullies players, the defense will have to collapse. The closer he gets to the rim, the more open green and the rest of the guys are.

I think he's struggling with the idea of bullying bigs because he knows he's most likely going to have to pass the ball when they do collapse leaving Green and the perimter open.

Yo, delete a message in your inbox, I'm trying to send you a PM..

spurraider21
12-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Yo, delete a message in your inbox, I'm trying to send you a gameplan..here we go again

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 12:46 AM
how things have changed.

Proxy
12-12-2017, 01:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/12/08/kawhi-leonard-out-lamarcus-aldridge-all-star-form-san-antonio-spurs#/

Popovich said: “We broke bread a few times, talked about it, laughed about it, discussed what we thought needed to happen, and frankly 95 percent of it fell on me because I made an error in trying to change him too much. That might sound odd, but he’d been in the league nine years and there’s one way he plays on the offensive end and feels comfortable with. I tried to turn him into Jack Sikma, told him I was going to teach you how to play on the elbow, go on the wing, face up. It was confusing for him. It really didn’t fit his style of play. I was guilty of over coaching in a sense.
“We came to an agreement on what had to happen. Well, on defense, I told him ‘I’m going to get on you like I do everyone else. But on offense, I don’t even want to talk to you. When they double you, kick it. Other than that, you be LaMarcus Aldridge.’ You see the result right now. He’s happy, confident and kicking everybody’s butt.”

8FOR!3
12-12-2017, 01:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/12/08/kawhi-leonard-out-lamarcus-aldridge-all-star-form-san-antonio-spurs#/

Popovich said: “We broke bread a few times, talked about it, laughed about it, discussed what we thought needed to happen, and frankly 95 percent of it fell on me because I made an error in trying to change him too much. That might sound odd, but he’d been in the league nine years and there’s one way he plays on the offensive end and feels comfortable with. I tried to turn him into Jack Sikma, told him I was going to teach you how to play on the elbow, go on the wing, face up. It was confusing for him. It really didn’t fit his style of play. I was guilty of over coaching in a sense.
“We came to an agreement on what had to happen. Well, on defense, I told him ‘I’m going to get on you like I do everyone else. But on offense, I don’t even want to talk to you. When they double you, kick it. Other than that, you be LaMarcus Aldridge.’ You see the result right now. He’s happy, confident and kicking everybody’s butt.”

You can't argue with results. It's clear the effort has been there as a Spur on defense and his offense is now at the level we expect from him. Actually, I think he's playing a little bit above that so far this year. We'll see how it changes now that Kawhi's back, but I expect him to be more of a fit.

Proxy
12-12-2017, 01:47 PM
You can't argue with results. It's clear the effort has been there as a Spur on defense and his offense is now at the level we expect from him. Actually, I think he's playing a little bit above that so far this year. We'll see how it changes now that Kawhi's back, but I expect him to be more of a fit.

yeah, the body language is night and day compared to last year... and keeping the team at the 3 spot was badass of him. It's going to be nice with Kawhi back now, eager to see how the team is rolling come rodeo road trip time when Pop gets the rotations set

NameLess Scrub
12-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Someone on the team should dare to point out he got in better shape as one of the main reasons he's playing better.

Starting tonight, I would go to his fridge and get rid of any ice cream, just in case.

SpurPadre
12-12-2017, 03:03 PM
R.I.P. my touches, tbh.

TheDoctor
12-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Someone on the team should dare to point out he got in better shape as one of the main reasons he's playing better.

Starting tonight, I would go to his fridge and get rid of any ice cream, just in case.

:lmao