PDA

View Full Version : _have you ever met a Bush lover who eats Crow?_

mouse
10-08-2005, 09:15 AM
You would think in this forum that one Bush lover would man up and just say Bush fucked up! I guess it goes both ways since I could not find a Clinton lover to say he fucked up either, I am so glad I don't belong to either party, But if I had to choose? I would go with what this man believes ......

http://www.hbo.com/img/homepage/features/_billmaher/billmaher_s4_poster_378.jpg

Dos
10-08-2005, 09:20 AM
wasn't he the idiot that called the 911 terrorist .. freedom fighters...?

Dos
10-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Talk show host
Maher is most notable as the former host of Politically Incorrect, which aired on the Comedy Central television network and later ABC. Maher is also currently the host of Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO.
ABC decided not to renew Maher's contract for Politically Incorrect in 2002 after he made a controversial on-air remark, in which he, along with guest Dinesh D'Souza, objected to the President and others calling the September 11 terrorists cowardly:
"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."
— Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2001)
During the era of the Vietnam War, the alleged cowardice of American "carpet bombing" from high above a target was a common theme among anti-war protestors. However, in the context of the sensitive aftermath of the attacks, such a remark was deemed too controversial for some financial supporters. Although some pundits, including conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh [1], supported Maher, pointing out the distinction between physical and moral cowardice, companies including FedEx and Sears Roebuck pulled their advertisements from the show, costing the show more than it returned. The show was subsequently cancelled on June 16, 2002. On June 22, 2002, six days after the cancellation of Politically Incorrect, Maher received the President's Award (for "championing free speech") from the Los Angeles Press Club.
Another controversial reaction to Maher's comment came from Ari Fleischer, who was the Press Secretary of the George W. Bush administration at the time. Fleischer responded to a reporter's question about Maher's firing by saying that people "need to watch what they say". Many people believed Fleischer was implying that free speech was no longer relevant in America.
Maher's comment about the cowardice of terrorists followed another controversial comment he made on Politically Incorrect where he compared dogs to mentally handicapped children:
"But I've often said that if I had — I have two dogs — if I had two retarded children, I'd be a hero. And yet the dogs, which are pretty much the same thing. What? They're sweet. They're loving. They're kind, but they don't mentally advance at all ... Dogs are like retarded children."
— Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect (2002)

ChumpDumper
10-08-2005, 09:25 AM
So the answer to your question is no.

mouse
10-08-2005, 09:31 AM
wasn't he the idiot that called the 911 terrorist .. freedom fighters...?

Don't we live in a country where you have that right?

mugatu
10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
So the answer to your question is no.

I just now got this ^ :lmao

Dos
10-08-2005, 09:44 AM
yes you have that right mouse... no one said he didn't...

Dos
10-08-2005, 09:47 AM
yes bush has fucked up on some issues... who hasn't... we elect men not gods...

xrayzebra
10-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Don't we live in a country where you have that right?

Yes, but the boss has a right to fire you too. He doesn't have to agree with what you say. Although you have the right to say it. If it cost him money, clients or whatever, or he just doesn't like your point of view.

About the original question. Yep, some of us do disagree with Bush on his policies. Several I disagree with. But none on this forum has ever put anything in their threads about them. Mostly because those who post things critical of Bush agree with him on his policies we disagree with. Does that make sense. Well it does to me. :lol

JoeChalupa
10-08-2005, 12:24 PM
yes bush has fucked up on some issues... who hasn't... we elect men not gods...

http://www.bushislord.com/images/bush_halo.jpg

Some republicans feel they did. :lol