PDA

View Full Version : I made this up: Lockeroom chemistry is non-existant...Old people being terrible.

apalisoc_9
11-30-2016, 11:41 PM
-Our 40 year old SG still thinks he deserves a bigger role. His comments latley have been very concerning.

-An out of shape 32 year old midrange jumper plays lazy when he's not the offense.

- A 38 year old who pouts when the he doesnt touch the ball. And gives zero effort defensively.

- A 35 year old who for some reason still runs the show..

So on average we have 4 sets player with an average age of 36 years old who still expect better individual involvement. The same guys who should be leaders are ruining the team with their shitty contracts and shitty attitude.

ElNono
11-30-2016, 11:42 PM
what comments, tbh? link?

BatManu20
11-30-2016, 11:43 PM

ElNono
11-30-2016, 11:45 PM
don't necessarily disagree, tbh... although lots of new guys this season, if it's gonna come together, it's gonna take some time...

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Damn, sucks to hear, tbh..Apo threads are usually prophetic, unfortunately..wouldn't be surprised to hear something soon..

lilbthebasedgod
11-30-2016, 11:48 PM
Who are you talking about with these ages? None of the people on our roster have any of those ages.

MultiTroll
11-30-2016, 11:54 PM
Who are you talking about with these ages? None of the people on our roster have any of those ages.
Manu
LMA
Gasoft
Porkie
62 million a year combined salary :depressed :pop:

lilbthebasedgod
11-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Manu
LMA
Gasoft
Porkie
Want to see sources on the manu comment claim and gasol being pouty
then either way the ages are completely wrong

Amuseddaysleeper
12-01-2016, 12:00 AM
You don't see as many pics of the Spurs bonding on the road if that's what you're getting at.

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Manu comments were in La Nacion, and some comments he made that I made a big deal about after a preseason game in which he used 40% of the possessions while on the floor and then said he still wanted to feel important. I was shocked at the ballsy comment.

The La Nacion article included a statement that he was more than just a mentor... He wanted to still have a role.
You have to understand the inference by Apo is trolling but he didn't entirely make that up.

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2016, 12:11 AM
I don't have a problem with Manu doing whatever he wants, tbh, this is his farewell tour..

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 12:15 AM
I don't have a problem with Manu doing whatever he wants, tbh, this is his farewell tour..
Oh yeah... though the comments about feeling important is so unspur and there are kids and rooks in that locker room....

Guys said idioms and translation and what not... for me it wasn't an adequate expression.

The other dudes, Pau and LMA ... one never knows they are not the quintessential spurs..

Hopefully Apo is not prophetic with this one....lol

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2016, 12:18 AM
Manu had a close, public friendship with Splitter and Diaw IIRC..he's also friends with Belinelli and Bonner IIRC..

It's natural for a player his age to question his surroundings, especially with all the new faces in the locker room..the chemistry of the 2014 team may never be matched again by a Spurs team, it was historic, on and off the floor..

YGWHI
12-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Poor chemistry. But it doesn't seem that the new faces on the team are the only issue, it's more about some guys who can't coexist on court.

From Downtown
12-01-2016, 12:49 AM
I know this is more of a trolling thread, but anyway

I still feel like most of you misinterpreted Manu's comments, yeah "feeling important" is not the best of expressions, but I believe he just wanted to say he's not here to be a mascot, he knows what his role is off the court, but wants to have one ON the court as well, because he feels he still can play
And so far it hasn't always worked out but he's competing every night and trying to get the young guys involved

Pau played like 5 minutes in the whole 2nd half in Boston and didn't say a word, I know he has this reputation of being a diva, but he's a smart fella, he knows where he is

As for LMA and Tony I think this is just who they are, pheraps unconciously
LMA struggles to get himself into the game if he's not getting touch es, Tony made a living out of attacking the basket and as much as we talk about adjusting to a new role the transition is far from easy, especially if you'be been so good at basketball in the past and still are on some nights

Plus we're just underestimating the loss of Tim, as a fanbase we're kind of spoiled, but the most influential figure in franchise history isn't on the team roster anymore and struggles were just bound to happen no matter what you do
It's like when Sir Alex Ferguson retired and left Man United
And we're 15-4

Amuseddaysleeper
12-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Does anyone have a link to the Manu article?

Hoops Czar
12-01-2016, 12:56 AM

Spurs aren't managing a farewell tour, they're trying to win basketball games.

dabom
12-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Spurs aren't managing a farewell tour, they're trying to win basketball games.

Tell that to Pop. :lmao

Boomersgold
12-01-2016, 01:08 AM
Manu had a close, public friendship with Splitter and Diaw IIRC..he's also friends with Belinelli and Bonner IIRC..

It's natural for a player his age to question his surroundings, especially with all the new faces in the locker room..the chemistry of the 2014 team may never be matched again by a Spurs team, it was historic, on and off the floor..

They were part of the United Nations, a group including Patty, Splitter and Diaw. Pretty sure they were holding auditions for replacements for Diaw.

ElNono
12-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Manu comments were in La Nacion, and some comments he made that I made a big deal about after a preseason game in which he used 40% of the possessions while on the floor and then said he still wanted to feel important. I was shocked at the ballsy comment.

The La Nacion article included a statement that he was more than just a mentor... He wanted to still have a role.
You have to understand the inference by Apo is trolling but he didn't entirely make that up.

I'm not sure what you read, but Manu's been saying for a long time that he feels his contributions make him feel still important to the team. He's also said plenty of times his role is different now than it was in his heyday...

I don't know what's unspurlike about that, tbh...

ElNono
12-01-2016, 01:42 AM

This is true, and even after Splitter left he mentioned he was still enjoying the camaraderie in the locker room... but now Diaw is gone and Patty might be gone next season...

urunobili
12-01-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure what you read, but Manu's been saying for a long time that he feels his contributions make him feel still important to the team. He's also said plenty of times his role is different now than it was in his heyday...

BD24
12-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Damn, sucks to hear, tbh..Apo threads are usually prophetic, unfortunately..wouldn't be surprised to hear something soon..
You know except for the million times they weren't prophetic. How's the old sayin go? Throw enough shit at the wall and something is bound to stick

Raven
12-01-2016, 11:26 AM
:lmao

GSH
12-01-2016, 12:17 PM

LOL... didn't he say in the thread title, "I Made This Up"? There's probably at least an element of truth in most of it, but I don't think there's anything out in the open to prove it. I think there was too much made out of the comments that Manu made, especially since that was a translation.

I do think it would be interesting to at least see Dedmon start, with Gasol available to play with the second unit. And I would also guess that Pau would pout. But that's just speculation. Publicly, at least, Parker says he's okay with a secondary role.

12-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Did the mods change the title :lmao

bklynspursfan
12-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah... though the comments about feeling important is so unspur and there are kids and rooks in that locker room....

Guys said idioms and translation and what not... for me it wasn't an adequate expression.

The other dudes, Pau and LMA ... one never knows they are not the quintessential spurs..

Hopefully Apo is not prophetic with this one....lol

When he said he wants to feel "important", what exactly are you taking that to mean? He wants to be greedy/selfish, or he wants to prevent the youth movement from happening? I'm confused, I know you've made this to be an issue before, so I'm genuienely curious.

I mean Duncan has said in the past he wants to play "every minute there is" and doesn't like being benched/rested. He's made several comments about wanting to continue to be impactful and help the team as long as he can. Cause he's a competitor.

I'm curious why Manu's comment bothers you so much? Calling his comments unspur is a slap in the face, he's been nothing short of the epitome of what we want youngsters to be. He got over himself a long time ago, and now just wants to continue to help the team in anyway he can IMO.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Did the mods change the title :lmao

:lmao That's how you know you've completely lost credibility as a poster -- if you're getting edited on SpursTalk you need to take a good long look at your life.

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 03:02 PM

obviously this is a troll thread from Apalisoc... I just cited the recent comments for the curious mind.

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 03:12 PM
When he said he wants to feel "important", what exactly are you taking that to mean? He wants to be greedy/selfish, or he wants to prevent the youth movement from happening? I'm confused, I know you've made this to be an issue before, so I'm genuienely curious.

I mean Duncan has said in the past he wants to play "every minute there is" and doesn't like being benched/rested. He's made several comments about wanting to continue to be impactful and help the team as long as he can. Cause he's a competitor.

I'm curious why Manu's comment bothers you so much? Calling his comments unspur is a slap in the face, he's been nothing short of the epitome of what we want youngsters to be. He got over himself a long time ago, and now just wants to continue to help the team in anyway he can IMO.
I personally made a lot out of it at the time he said it so I would rather not go there again.

I just cited the comments for the inquiring minds. It's a comment that enhances the ego. He had used 40% of the possessions in one game and coming out stating he wanted to still be important is too much about the self. I will just leave it at that. It obviously requires interpretation and this is a troll thread, so Apalisoc attached a troll meaning.

Had anybody, Simmons, Bertans, Kyle come out and said that, it would sound a bit stunning and shocking. Had Tony said it, guys would be trolling. You put those words in anyone else's mouth, no matter the guy's role in the team and it would be surprising. I guess only Kawhi is allowed to feel important and publicly state it if he wants to due to his real role and I doubt he would come out and say that.

But again. I understand the point the Manu fan is making and it can be taken to mean nothing more than just feeling like a significant part of the team at a time that he is on the decline and truly has to give way to others to a degree. He doesn't want to give up so much that it's the equivalent as if he wasn't there. In that context is fine.

Listen this is a troll thread.. and not my own.

Brazil
12-01-2016, 03:30 PM
LOL... didn't he say in the thread title, "I Made This Up"? There's probably at least an element of truth in most of it, but I don't think there's anything out in the open to prove it. I think there was too much made out of the comments that Manu made, especially since that was a translation.

I do think it would be interesting to at least see Dedmon start, with Gasol available to play with the second unit. And I would also guess that Pau would pout. But that's just speculation. Publicly, at least, Parker says he's okay with a secondary role.

edited by the mods tbh

speaking of which anybody knows if a mod explained what happened ?

dabom
12-01-2016, 03:37 PM
edited by the mods tbh

speaking of which anybody knows if a mod explained what happened ?

Porker lickers...

bklynspursfan
12-01-2016, 03:43 PM
I personally made a lot out of it at the time he said it so I would rather not go there again.

I just cited the comments for the inquiring minds. It's a comment that enhances the ego. He had used 40% of the possessions in one game and coming out stating he wanted to still be important is too much about the self. I will just leave it at that. It obviously requires interpretation and this is a troll thread, so Apalisoc attached a troll meaning.

Had anybody, Simmons, Bertans, Kyle come out and said that, it would sound a bit stunning and shocking. Had Tony said it, guys would be trolling. You put those words in anyone else's mouth, no matter the guy's role in the team and it would be surprising. I guess only Kawhi is allowed to feel important and publicly state it if he wants to due to his real role and I doubt he would come out and say that.

But again. I understand the point the Manu fan is making and it can be taken to mean nothing more than just feeling like a significant part of the team at a time that he is on the decline and truly has to give way to others to a degree. He doesn't want to give up so much that it's the equivalent as if he wasn't there. In that context is fine.

I know it's not your thread, but you kinda fed into the troll thread by bringing up something like that. I honestly don't think anyone would have made that big a deal about anyone feeling like they want to be an important piece on their team, except folks with an agenda.

It's not so much about the point the "Manu fan" is making, it's more so just listening to him speak over the years and understanding the kind of person/player/teammate he's been. And unspur certainly isn't one of them

ceperez
12-01-2016, 03:43 PM

The guy is Argentinian, so his use of the phrase may not be the right one that he was thinking of.

He probably meant "useful" instead of "important".

r0drig0lac
12-01-2016, 03:55 PM
:lmao That's how you know you've completely lost credibility as a poster -- if you're getting edited on SpursTalk you need to take a good long look at your life.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 05:02 PM
I know it's not your thread, but you kinda fed into the troll thread by bringing up something like that. I honestly don't think anyone would have made that big a deal about anyone feeling like they want to be an important piece on their team, except folks with an agenda.

It's not so much about the point the "Manu fan" is making, it's more so just listening to him speak over the years and understanding the kind of person/player/teammate he's been. And unspur certainly isn't one of them
really don't want to go down this road. I see exactly what you are saying and already chatted too much about it.

The statement was made so trolls were fed by Manu himself.

DeRozan m8
12-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Gasol isn't 38

Parker isn't 35

LMA isn't 32

tbh

PingPong
12-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Manu, Diaw, Mills and Splitter still keep tweeting pics et caterva;

https://s12.postimg.org/xeuj7xh8t/dss.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/6h0m66wll/)