PDA

View Full Version : Our frontline <3

midnightpulp
12-02-2016, 11:11 PM
:tu

MaNu4Tres
12-02-2016, 11:13 PM

Not on D tonight. If they weren't giving up lay ups they were fouling.

apalisoc_9
12-02-2016, 11:13 PM
I thought they got burned in penetration tbh...

spursistan
12-02-2016, 11:16 PM
lol LMA/Gasol pairing is unplayable against small ball and PNR spamming teams; one of the major culprit of these slow starts..

midnightpulp
12-02-2016, 11:17 PM
End of the day, they outscored Washington's frontline by 11. LMA outscored his matchup, Kawhi outscored his matchup, and Gasol kept pace with Gortat. D-League got torched and scored a huge 3 points on 4 shots, but his performance will probably somehow be blamed on LMA :lol

SAGirl
12-02-2016, 11:18 PM
lol LMA/Gasol pairing is unplayable against small ball and PNR spamming teams; one of the major culprit of these slow starts..
:toast

apalisoc_9
12-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Bertans didnt play at all today. Not really complaining since Deadmon was going to eat his minutes away but it must be frustrating for a player to play so good in consecutive games and possibly be the 4th best player in that eastern conference road trip only to be releaged to DNPs.

pop will probably lower his value until he's a FA so they can sign for cheap.

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2016, 11:34 PM

It pretty obvious Pau can have his way against backup bigs on the offensive end & Softridge checks out if he isn't getting touches so it's only right that Pau either comes off the bench or gets an early hook (if his ego can't handle coming off the bench) then plays most of his minutes w/ the bench crew.

Softridge can play the entire 1st quarter while Pau gets subbed out at the 6 minute mark when Manu checks-in. Rinse & repeat in the 2nd/3rd. As far as the 4th quarter, Softridge is going to close but Pop can pick & choose from Pau/Dedmon/Lee/Bertans.

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2016, 11:37 PM
Bertans didnt play at all today. Not really complaining since Deadmon was going to eat his minutes away but it must be frustrating for a player to play so good in consecutive games and possibly be the 4th best player in that eastern conference road trip only to be releaged to DNPs.

pop will probably lower his value until he's a FA so they can sign for cheap.

Seems like Pop is going to use him when the team is struggling to score similar to how Bonner would randomly check-in after not playing for a week.

midnightpulp
12-02-2016, 11:42 PM
And I realize our front line has issues, but they are nowhere near as severe as our backcourt issues sans Patty. Even the smallball problem can mitigated somewhat by staggering Lee, Gasol, and Bertans (when he gets to play). Gasol acting soft and need a bruiser? Send in Dedmon. Need a small ball 4? You can have Kawhi play it or Lee or Bertans. Our frontline is pretty versatile aside from the backup SF issue.

Our guard rotation is absolutely shot to shit.

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2016, 11:47 PM
And I realize our front line has issues, but they are nowhere near as severe as our backcourt issues sans Patty. Even the smallball problem can mitigated somewhat by staggering Lee, Gasol, and Bertans (when he gets to play). Gasol acting soft and need a bruiser? Send in Dedmon. Need a small ball 4? You can have Kawhi play it or Lee or Bertans. Our frontline is pretty versatile aside from the backup SF issue.

Our guard rotation is absolutely shot to shit.

That's why either GaSoft or Softridge have to be moved for a LEGIT starting PG.

Robz4000
12-03-2016, 12:25 AM
The bigs missing their freebies is a big reason it was a close game. The rim protection was also pretty shitty outside the third.

itzsoweezee
12-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Gasol doesn't even try to play defense if it requires him to move his feet. That guy may be the most immobile big man I've seen on a Spurs roster.

Robz4000
12-03-2016, 12:29 AM
Gasol doesn't even try to play defense if it requires him to move his feet. That guy may be the most immobile big man I've seen on a Spurs roster.

Yep, Gasol was awful unless he was at the rim. He can't remain in the SL if he keeps this up.

Arcadian
12-03-2016, 12:31 AM
It's a frontcourt-heavy team, to be sure. They'll have to drag the backcourt kicking and screaming to whatever success the team has.

YGWHI
12-03-2016, 02:12 AM
That's why either GaSoft or Softridge have to be moved for a LEGIT starting PG.

This team is unbalanced af with the 3 main scorers in the SL being froncourt players. And Parker and Gasol together in the SL is too much to cover on D.

Pop wants to prove HE can win with this type of game and sure, he will win games in the regular season but not in playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2016, 04:24 PM
The frontcourt(Aldridge-Gasol) is very good from an individual player standpoint..unfortunately, those 2 players haven't been able to play well together and the team has suffered whenever they share the floor..

Pretty big deal when they're 2/3 of your "big 3" :lol

coachmac87
12-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Best forwards in the league and it's not even close tbh..

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2016, 08:15 PM
The frontcourt(Aldridge-Gasol) is very good from an individual player standpoint..unfortunately, those 2 players haven't been able to play well together and the team has suffered whenever they share the floor..

Pretty big deal when they're 2/3 of your "big 3" :lol

Dwert/Pau had the same issue b/c Pau couldn't guard 4s & didn't have space to post-up.:lol

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2016, 08:20 PM
It's still early, but the defensive fall-off from Tim to Gasol has been pretty evident, tbh..small sample size, so it could still be corrected with chemistry and continuity, but still, it's not surprising that the Spurs are currently 13th in defense..

Post-up
Duncan: 107 instances, 0.7 PPP
Gasol: 16 instances, 0.89 PPP

Roll man
Duncan: 47 instances, 0.72 PPP
Gasol: 10 instances, 1 PPP

ISO
Duncan: 47 instances, 0.6 PPP
Gasol: 23 instances, 0.91 PPP

Again, tiny sample size, but part of the reason the defense is currently struggling..plenty of time to turn it around with chemistry, though..

Makes you appreciate how much of a monster Tim still was until his knees died, tbh..

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2016, 09:51 PM
It's still early, but the defensive fall-off from Tim to Gasol has been pretty evident, tbh..small sample size, so it could still be corrected with chemistry and continuity, but still, it's not surprising that the Spurs are currently 13th in defense..

Post-up

Roll man

ISO

Again, tiny sample size, but part of the reason the defense is currently struggling..plenty of time to turn it around with chemistry, though..

Makes you appreciate how much of a monster Tim still was until his knees died, tbh..

Dedmon allows the lowest FG% at the rim, meanwhile Pau has the same rim protection stats as Kanter.:lmao: http://stats.nba.com/defensivehub/#!/tracking/player/rim/?PerMode=Totals&sort=DEF_RIM_FG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerPosition=C

SAGirl
12-03-2016, 11:02 PM

Post-up

Roll man

ISO

small
sample size but if you watch the games you know he doesn't pass the eye test.

The first few games of the season all their problems were blamed on Kyle TBH... every single problem was blamed on him! His fault... I didn't think so.. in fact I thought he tried to cover for as much as he could on help defense... but I am a fangirl so whatever.

Danny has given them a boost, but when your problem is Pau looking like a statue (and by God, sometimes he doesn't even jump or move sideways for a rebound...) well you know this shit problem is for real.

One of the reasons I think they are pretenders is Pau, who I think will even struggle to stay on the floor at times in the playoffs, along with 39 year old Manu being their best playmaker and I am counting on his usage going down in the playoffs and for him to look his age, and for Tony to be no better than the past couple of seasons and I do hope he's not as brittle as he started this season already.

Defense is staying bad unless Pop tweaks lineups.

midnightpulp
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM
<3

UZER
12-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Prop to Pau for playing tough down low to prevent the game from getting away.

And surprisingly, props to Aldridge for fighting for them boards in crunch time.

midnightpulp
12-26-2016, 01:00 AM

And Merry Christmas to everyone!

Robz4000
12-26-2016, 01:02 AM
<3 Kawhi, LMAlpha, Lee, Dedmon, and Bertans

Fuck Gasoft and Softridge

:lmao Fathead

midnightpulp
03-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Love their versatility. If LMA is off, Lee steps up. Dedmon/Gasol is a nightmare big rotation. And of course, Kawhi :tu

Bailed out D-League and the Microwave tonight.

dabom
03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Porker fluffers. :lmao

midnightpulp
03-01-2017, 11:15 PM

Parker didn't even play, bro.

Side note: Midnightpulp gambling curse already paying off. Durant and det knee.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2017, 11:18 PM
The trash shooting guards on this team should give their $24,000,000 salaries to them

03-01-2017, 11:19 PM

MultiTroll
03-01-2017, 11:21 PM
The LMA turnover on the attempted hand off to Kawhi just reeked of laziness.
I see Pop lit into him on the timeout.

Entire 4th he looked like he was just going thru the motions.

still.focused
03-02-2017, 12:09 AM
The LMA turnover on the attempted hand off to Kawhi just reeked of laziness.
I see Pop lit into him on the timeout.

Entire 4th he looked like he was just going thru the motions.
There was one play where Kawhis dribbling up court & David Lee is practically beggin LaMinimum Effort to run
He didnt

TheDoctor
03-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Love their versatility. If LMA is off, Lee steps up. Dedmon/Gasol is a nightmare big rotation. And of course, Kawhi :tu

Bailed out D-League and the Microwave tonight.

Contrary to LMA, Lee always steps up no matter what. Not just when one of the guys is off :toast

midnightpulp
03-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Working their asses off tonight while the backcourt is a combined 4-18 for 11 big points over 4 players :lol

Sadly, I foresee a rough stretch ahead for the heart and soul of this team. If your guards can't protect you from double teams, spacing collapses and the overall offense becomes exponentially easier to defend. Other teams will just start doubling the shit out of LMA, Gasol, Lee, Leonard, and even Dedmon since D-League, House, Porker, and Simmons aren't any threat to go off.

2004 here we come again.

spursistan
03-07-2017, 12:35 AM
Working their asses off tonight while the backcourt is a combined 4-18 for 11 big points over 4 players :lol

Sadly, I foresee a rough stretch ahead for the heart and soul of this team. If your guards can't protect you from double teams, spacing collapses and the overall offense becomes exponentially easier to defend. Other teams will just start doubling the shit out of LMA, Gasol, Lee, Leonard, and even Dedmon since D-League, House, Porker, and Simmons aren't any threat to go off.

2004 here we come again.

Can the Committee make a fuckin shot? :lol

midnightpulp
03-07-2017, 12:49 AM

What've I been saying. The anti-Parker crowd can whine all they want, but he's really the only player capable of burning opposing teams when the defense starts crowding Kawhi/Bigs.

YGWHI
03-07-2017, 01:08 AM

Parker?

LMA had a "clear path" to the hoop with only Harden... as rim protection.

LMA needs to stay aggressive in those plays and make them pay.

diego
03-07-2017, 07:46 AM
I've watched all the games since February, and this teams guard play isn't great but they play hard and shoot decent percentages and are about in line with expectations coming in... The guys who are way way below expectation are Aldridge (supposed to be 2ND option / go to scorer) and gasol. It's one thing to make the right play and botch the finish, it's another to barely go through the motions and both Aldridge and gasol have been doing that on one end or both. At least gasol is old, Aldridge is just a pussy. All the worrying about Gordon and lou Williams tearing up our perimeter, it was capela and nene out working gasol and Aldridge that hurt us most last night. Thank god for Lee's rebounding and inside scoring.

Chinook
03-07-2017, 07:52 AM

What've I been saying. The anti-Parker crowd can whine all they want, but he's really the only player capable of burning opposing teams when the defense starts crowding Kawhi/Bigs.

Seems like evidence for playing Mills, tbh. They'll likely to do that if it were Patty standing there.

timtonymanu
05-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Looks like Kawhi was the sole reason for that frontline even looking good.

No shows Aldridge and Gasol while Simmons and Manu played their hearts out. It's bad when your second best front court player is wheelchair ridden David Lee.

100%duncan
05-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Looks like Kawhi was the sole reason for that frontline even looking good.

No shows Aldridge and Gasol while Simmons and Manu played their hearts out. It's bad when your second best front court player is wheelchair ridden David Lee.

And when your 3rd best is Kyle Anderson :lol