PDA

View Full Version : Can the Spurs break the NBA regular season Road Record?

daslicer
12-02-2016, 11:52 PM
The spurs have been great this year on the road with their 11-0 record. The '96 Bulls own the record at 33-8. For the Spurs to get the record they would have to go 23-7 the rest of the season. Granted if the Spurs get the record it won't mean anything without a championship but I definitely still find it interesting to see if they can do it. With that being said what is your prediction for the amount of road wins the spurs will finish with this season?

urunobili
12-02-2016, 11:59 PM
Jinx thread TBH.

GSH
12-03-2016, 12:16 AM
So we're comparing the team that's 5-4 at home, and struggles against lottery teams, to the '96 Bulls? I watched the '96 Bulls play. There's a reason they went 33-8 on the road, and 72-10 overall. They had a prime Michael Jordan that they could count on night in and night out. If this Spurs' team had a prime Tim Duncan that they could count on, then I'd say anything is possible. But they don't.

Other than the opener, there haven't been many games where you could say that the Spurs looked really sharp. The '96 Bulls looked sharp pretty nearly every night. If the Spurs were to equal or break that record, it would say more about the league than about this team.

SURGE
12-03-2016, 01:58 AM
The warriors went 34-7

jsandiego
12-03-2016, 09:38 AM
What is the Spurs' best road record in franchise history? 31-10?

Ice009
12-03-2016, 10:05 AM
The warriors went 34-7

Yeah, I was thinking that the Warriors had the record as they lost 2 games at home. I guess that road record really does mean nothing when the team with the best record in NBA history didn't win the Championship.

Mark in Austin
12-03-2016, 10:52 AM
So we're comparing the team that's 5-4 at home, and struggles against lottery teams, to the '96 Bulls? I watched the '96 Bulls play. There's a reason they went 33-8 on the road, and 72-10 overall. They had a prime Michael Jordan that they could count on night in and night out. If this Spurs' team had a prime Tim Duncan that they could count on, then I'd say anything is possible. But they don't.

Other than the opener, there haven't been many games where you could say that the Spurs looked really sharp. The '96 Bulls looked sharp pretty nearly every night. If the Spurs were to equal or break that record, it would say more about the league than about this team.

This. I'm happy the Spurs are winning, but this team is a work in progress, as their point differential demonstrates. Kawhi is still a couple years away from getting to that absolute peak TD or MJ was at. Best case scenario for this particular team is a 2003 style run as the year goes on and the team begins to gel. Too many new faces for a dominant wire to wire performance. Time will tell.

12-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that the Warriors had the record as they lost 2 games at home. I guess that road record really does mean nothing when the team with the best record in NBA history didn't win the Championship.yeah because you could 82-0 and if your defensive anchor gets injured and your MVP is on one leg, the record won't save you.

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2016, 12:20 PM
35-6 only b/c Pop will tank a couple of games citing "rest".:wakeup