PDA

View Full Version : Do you listen to Spurs podcasts?

myhc
12-03-2016, 10:06 PM
If so, any you would recommend? :toast

dabom
12-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Read my posts.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-04-2016, 11:25 AM
The only consistent Spurs podcast I know of is Locked On Spurs. I think it's worth listening to general NBA podcasts and waiting until a Spurs episode comes around though. TrueHoop, Lowe Post, Vertical with Woj, and The Ringer NBA Show.

DMC
12-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Coachmac87 does podcasts and you won't have to worry about bandwidth since no one else would be listening.

Bearcaught
12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I can't stand Locked on Spurs. The host doesn't go into any depth at all regarding actual basketball. Very bland news type stuff like "Oh kyle will need to step up to get minutes from Pop... pop doesn't like rookies..." etc. etc. His delivery is pretty awful too- long pauses in between words and not a great command of the english language.. I'm thinking its his second language? Not to mention a bunch of technical difficulties... volumes either way too high at times or too low.. call ins from guests is usually bad quality as well.

It would be awesome if there was a better podcast that updated even half as much as Locked on Spurs. I have to resort to looking through general NBA podcasts and hope they talk about the spurs for short amounts of time. I love the in depth stuff where they go into X's and Os like Zach Lowe. Dunc'd on podcast is also a good one- they probably talk about the spurs more than any other general podcast... mostly because they have a new episode every day.. Dunc'd on podcast though is a little warriors biased seeing as how both the hosts cover the Warriors(it can turn into a Warriors d*ck riding podcast once in a while).

FkLA
12-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I can't stand Locked on Spurs. The host doesn't go into any depth at all regarding actual basketball. Very bland news type stuff like "Oh kyle will need to step up to get minutes from Pop... pop doesn't like rookies..." etc. etc. His delivery is pretty awful too- long pauses in between words and not a great command of the english language.. I'm thinking its his second language? Not to mention a bunch of technical difficulties... volumes either way too high at times or too low.. call ins from guests is usually bad quality as well.

Yeah, Locked on Spurs is absolutely horrible. Sounds uneducated. Does recaps where he basically just reads the boxscore after games. Does generic keys to victory before games. Very few facts or numbers, just an opinion based podcast from someone that comes off as not being very smart, tbh.

cd021
12-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Don't listen to the project spurs one, absolute trash.

True Hoop, CBS Sports Eye on Basketball, and Dunk'ed on Nate Duncan are the best general basketball pods though

lefty
12-05-2016, 01:54 PM
There are a few Anti-Porker podcasts

Will subscribe

jyra
12-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Have not listened to it yet but this sounds interesting, Lance Armstrong interviewing Becky Hammon: 805785059777249280

wildbill2u
12-05-2016, 03:30 PM
There is one podcast that I tried a few times but the two guys spent most of their time talking about themselves or something other than the Spurs so I quit listening. Waste of time.

spursistan
12-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Have not listened to it yet but this sounds interesting, Lance Armstrong interviewing Becky Hammon: 805785059777249280

So Lance is doing podcasts with marginal personalities for a living nowadays..His busting has hit him hard it seems :lol..I imagine Pop originally refused to come in for an episode so he settled for Becky..

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 03:35 PM
nah. Don't diminish Becky. She's made her own name and is still very young for a coach... never mind the fact she's female probably presents a roadblock in her career moving on from Pop. I think she's the real deal. Nobody is going to cut her slack in the competitive world of sports.

spursistan
12-05-2016, 03:38 PM
nah. Don't diminish Becky. She's made her own name and is still very young for a coach... never mind the fact she's female probably presents a roadblock in her career moving on from Pop. I think she's the real deal. Nobody is going to cut her slack in the competitive world of sports.
I am not diminishing Becky;she should have actually declined to participate in a podcast with a disgraced figure..

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I am not diminishing Becky;she should have actually declined to participate in a podcast with a disgraced figure..
oh
I see what you did there. :toast

But I don't consider Becky marginal. She's a role model in many ways, from her HoF basketball career after going undrafted, to her currently being an assistant coach in the NBA. She's more relevant today than Lance Armstrong. :lol

coachmac87
12-06-2016, 12:15 AM
I'll try and get my podcast going again around or after the All-Star break...I've been traveling and really busy with work this year and my co host just launched his business so time has been an issue.

But I'll be sure to share it once we get going again.