PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Could ST be wrong about Klay Thompson

Pages : [1] 2 3

Spurtacular
12-03-2016, 11:08 PM
The prevailing opinion on ST seems to be that KT is over-rated garbage. But his hot streak against OKC is what took the Warriors to the finals; and averaging 20 so far on a team with Durant and Curry ball hogging? Seems worth a rethink.

DMC
12-03-2016, 11:14 PM
I cited Klay years ago as being the guy in GS. Me.

12-03-2016, 11:29 PM
ST is never wrong tbh imho

Robz4000
12-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Nah, he's still pretty overrated. Dude can't create his own shot and, while a good defender, isn't anything to write home about.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2016, 12:51 AM
Holla at me when he doesn't get locked up by JR Smith.:lol

12-04-2016, 03:54 AM
We would've repeated with him instead of Danny in 2015

Robz4000
12-04-2016, 03:58 AM

The 2015 team would've repeated if Porker and Splitter were healthy. Exchanging Green for Thompson wouldn't of moved the needle.

12-04-2016, 12:47 PM
The 2015 team would've repeated if Porker and Splitter were healthy. Exchanging Green for Thompson wouldn't of moved the needle.
Wasn't 2015 the year Danny had a horrible year shooting or was that last year?

ok I just checked and I confused last year with 2015. Yeah, Splitter not being healthy especially killed us. Blake and Deandre took turns sodomizing every one of our bigs not named Tim:lol

daslicer
12-04-2016, 02:24 PM

:lol Obviously considering Klay is an all-star while Danny is a very good role player.

DAF86
12-04-2016, 02:42 PM

And you were the one being wrong about that. You.

lefty
12-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Gonna bump this thread during the NBA Finals

Spurtacular
12-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Gonna bump this thread during the NBA Finals

To show what exactly? You could bump it for any purpose given your current ambiguity.

DMC
12-04-2016, 03:33 PM
And you were the one being wrong about that. You.

No. You just never came around to it.

spursistan
12-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Expected thread, tbh :lol

nickdakoolkat
12-05-2016, 02:42 AM
Nah, he's still pretty overrated. Dude can't create his own shot and, while a good defender, isn't anything to write home about.
He is known around the league as one of THE top 2 guards defensively so this statement is completely out of pocket. And as far being over rated, I'm sure the fact that JERRY FUCKING WEST threatened to leave the warriors organization if they traded him speaks volumes to his talent....Ill trust jerry wests opinions over any idiots in this forum

Robz4000
12-05-2016, 02:45 AM
He is known around the league as one of THE top 2 guards defensively so this statement is completely out of pocket. And as far being over rated, I'm sure the fact that JERRY FUCKING WEST threatened to leave the warriors organization if they traded him speaks volumes to his talent....Ill trust jerry wests opinions over any idiots in this forum

Kirby was also regarded as one of, if not the best, defensive SG in the league as well; didn't make it true one bit. He's one of the best SG in the league, but it speaks more to the weakness of the position currently than anything.

FkLA
12-05-2016, 11:11 AM
He's a pretty deadly shooter, so of course he'll get points playing off of guys like KD/Curry who draw all the attention. He's also a solid defender. In other words he's basically just the perfect, most elite 3&D player. Not a real star. Doesn't create for others, can't get his own shot consistently. He benefited from being associated with Curry (Splash Bros) before Curry really broke out. Curry left him way behind but the association remained making it seem like it was a 1-2 tandem when in reality Steph was carrying the large majority of the offensive load.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e15/11379722_1723602117872343_1144163375_n.jpg?ig_cach e_key=MTAxMDI1MjE5OTQwNzU1NzQ1Nw%3D%3D.2

lefty
12-05-2016, 11:31 AM
He also got shat on by LeKang after opening his mouth

:lol fagget

Clipper Nation
12-05-2016, 11:45 AM
The shooting guard position is as weak today as the center position was a few years ago, especially now that Harden has moved over to PG. Klaynus might be the tallest midget at his position right now, but that's nothing to write home about.

Joseph Kony
12-05-2016, 12:05 PM
overrated on defense, nowhere near a "stopper" like retarded GS fans think he is, not only that but he can't create his own shot for shit and mostly relies on the attention his other teammates get to set him up for open looks. dude is overrated as hell imo, but that doesn't mean's he's trash. he's a damn good shooter/scorer, but not much else tbh

FkLA
12-05-2016, 12:12 PM
He's fucking selfish and egotistical too.

How is it that he's basically averaging the same FGAs per game (16.9) as KD (17.0) and Steph (17.9)? :lol

FkLA
12-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Horrible take. Embarrassing that you're sticking with it all these years later.

DMC
12-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Horrible take. Embarrassing that you're sticking with it all these years later.
After all the faggotry you've unleashed on this forum I don't think you have any embarrassment left.

I was right then and I'm right now. Klay is very solid. He's probably the second best shooter in the NBA from the three-point range.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Weird timing, since he's having a poor season..

Very good RS player in a great system..arguing that he's better than Harden or even Jimmy Butler is foolish(many were during the off-season)..I don't know where he got the reputation of being a good defender, though, there's literally nothing that supports that, he grades poorly in virtually all defensive metrics:lol

Raven
12-05-2016, 12:54 PM
as I was saying for a while, he's the 2nd best defender at the position, after LDN. While that may not mean much, it makes him better than the like of harden and it's really not close. Saying he can't create his own shot is weird, since he can basically pull up from half court and that would count as a good shot for him, otherwise you could say the same for Curry. Not creating for others is neither here nor there since he is not a pg and they have a boatload of ball dominant players anyway. He carried them by himself in the playoffs. In short, he is the mvp of the position.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Assisted % of star swingmen
Harden: 16%
Derozan: 24%
Hayward: 33%
Butler: 42%
Kawhi: 44%
Antekeoduempo: 49%
George: 59%
Dominos: 64%
Thompson: 81%

Raven
12-05-2016, 01:02 PM

That's reasonable imo... I'm interested to see how much was assisted for Joel Embiid tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 01:05 PM
That's reasonable imo... I'm interested to see how much was assisted for Joel Embiid tbh

45%

To be fair, Thompson > Reggie Miller, tbh..

Raven
12-05-2016, 01:14 PM
45%

To be fair, Thompson > Reggie Miller, tbh..

i wonder what are the numbers if you take away the 3pointers. Would be somewhat interesting to see the comparison between him and okafor. I know embiid is having absurd usage rate..

nickdakoolkat
12-05-2016, 05:57 PM
I would take Klay over harden any day of the week. Harden is lazy fuck who only cares about offensive stats, that make him "appear" to be a superstar. Yeah he is gifted offensively but if the refs stopped calling Bullshit fouls everytime he flailed his head he would cut half his game out. And he is probably the laziest defender I have seen in years, absolutely no desire on defense its terrible.

FkLA
12-05-2016, 06:10 PM
After all the faggotry you've unleashed on this forum I don't think you have any embarrassment left.

I was right then and I'm right now. Klay is very solid. He's probably the second best shooter in the NBA from the three-point range.

I've never called a guy overrated, had him win back to back MVPs+1 title, and still stuck to that take though.

Klay is solid. He's far from being 'the guy' in GS though. :lol

Saying he can't create his own shot is weird, since he can basically pull up from half court and that would count as a good shot for him, otherwise you could say the same for Curry. Not creating for others is neither here nor there since he is not a pg and they have a boatload of ball dominant players anyway. He carried them by himself in the playoffs. In short, he is the mvp of the position.

It's not weird at all. He's in the same class as Curry when it comes to spot-up shooting but he doesn't have anywhere near the handles Curry does, and thus isn't the elite shooter off the dribble that Curry is. He's a glorified 3&D player. Still has a lot of value but nowhere near the superstar he is made out to be, tbh.

DMC
12-05-2016, 06:58 PM
I've never called a guy overrated, had him win back to back MVPs+1 title, and still stuck to that take though.

Klay is solid. He's far from being 'the guy' in GS though. :lol

It's not weird at all. He's in the same class as Curry when it comes to spot-up shooting but he doesn't have anywhere near the handles Curry does, and thus isn't the elite shooter off the dribble that Curry is. He's a glorified 3&D player. Still has a lot of value but nowhere near the superstar he is made out to be, tbh.
Dude never won the Finals MVP. Nash won b2b MVPs as well. Steph was shut down by a small white walk-on. He was overrated when I said he was. He lost in that playoffs, went out the 1st round in the next. Statute of limitations and all.

He was the guy when I said he was.

:lmao Handles...

He's not a PG you fucking clown

FkLA
12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Dude never won the Finals MVP. Nash won b2b MVPs as well. Steph was shut down by a small white walk-on. He was overrated when I said he was. He lost in that playoffs, went out the 1st round in the next. Statute of limitations and all.

He was the guy when I said he was.

:lmao Handles...

He's not a PG you fucking clown

:lol Klay's never been the guy. You can't be the guy when most of your points are assisted. That's such a shitty take, seriously.

I was responding to Raven comparing his ability to get his own shot to Steph's, genius.

DMC
12-05-2016, 09:05 PM
:lol Klay's never been the guy. You can't be the guy when most of your points are assisted. That's such a shitty take, seriously.

I was responding to Raven comparing his ability to get his own shot to Steph's, genius.

You're a fucking idiot. Assisted points... lol.. as if Shaq was a ball handling maniac and drove the paint relentlessly or that Tony Parker is an alpha because he plays one man ball.

whitemamba
12-05-2016, 09:14 PM
You're a fucking idiot. Assisted points... lol.. as if Shaq was a ball handling maniac and drove the paint relentlessly or that Tony Parker is an alpha because he plays one man ball.
Sup DMC?

DMC
12-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Sup DMC?

Just regulating fools per par

whitemamba
12-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Just regulating fools per par
TBH I was just going to say that , I have to agree with you on this one.

DMC
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM
TBH I was just going to say that , I have to agree with you on this one.

the dumb ass says that after he says this in another thread

I'm not talking about his shot selection, retard. I'm talking about the fact that he gets the ball at the top of the key and has to get his points off the dribble 99% of the time. Why not call some post-ups for him?

whitemamba
12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
tbh if you put klay on any team that isn't GS, dudes probably averaging 30.. he's an elite spot up shooter , his post game is still very good but can still get better, his biggest weakness is taking the ball of the dribble I guess but that's not his role in GS. People over look stats man they don't say everything. Only place I see him overrated is as a defender, I watch them when ever they are on NTV, and I would think he's what ever, not like prime kobe, or artest, pippen, kawhi etc.. FkLa is an enourmos faggot as well.

DMC
12-05-2016, 10:55 PM
tbh if you put klay on any team that isn't GS, dudes probably averaging 30.. he's an elite spot up shooter , his post game is still very good but can still get better, his biggest weakness is taking the ball of the dribble I guess but that's not his role in GS. People over look stats man they don't say everything. Only place I see him overrated is as a defender, I watch them when ever they are on NTV, and I would think he's what ever, not like prime kobe, or artest, pippen, kawhi etc.. FkLa is an enourmos faggot as well.

When needed to be the man, he steps up in prime time situations. He's just too willing to defer to Steph which is one thing, but to defer to KD as well (who according to Fkla isn't the guy either since so many of his points come off the assist), that's a bit harder to swallow. That's why GS is so fucking deadly right now. Who are you going to stop? People forget about Klay but I was more worried about him a few years ago that I was about chuck happy little queer looking boy.

12-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Pacers: 50
Klay Thompson: 40

halftime

Robz4000
12-05-2016, 11:43 PM

Thompson wouldn't average 30 points on any team. What a horrendous statement.

Robz4000
12-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Props to Thompson on his performance in the first half tonight though. He's one of three or four players that can do that in the NBA tbh; dude is an unreal shooter.

12-05-2016, 11:51 PM
He's fucking selfish and egotistical too.

How is it that he's basically averaging the same FGAs per game (16.9) as KD (17.0) and Steph (17.9)? :lol
I think "I ain't sacrificing shit" was what he said when asked about how shots would be distributed after the KD signing

TDMVPDPOY
12-06-2016, 12:13 AM
how many of his shots are contested shots? if t hey are open then theres nothing to gloat about

Raven
12-06-2016, 12:16 AM
how many of his shots are contested shots? if t hey are open then theres nothing to gloat about

meh

Spurs9
12-06-2016, 12:17 AM
:lol the warriors, acting like they even are being challenged.
KD wanted to join a team like this that wouldn't even be challenged :lmao tbh

Killakobe81
12-06-2016, 12:18 AM
Klay says shhhhh

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Klay says shhhhh

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/jr-smith-shh.jpg

coachmac87
12-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Kerr should let him go for 82 tbh.....

TimDunkem
12-06-2016, 12:22 AM
:lol the warriors, acting like they even are being challenged.
KD wanted to join a team like this that wouldn't even be challenged :lmao tbh
"Dis is da' hardest road" - Kevin Durant after announcing that he was signing with the Warriors

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Klay says shhhhh

So you are on the side of guys that think Klay is a superstar and the main man of the Warriors?

TimDunkem
12-06-2016, 12:27 AM
So you are on the side of guys that think Klay is a superstar and the main man of the Warriors?
There are people who think that?

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Props to Thompson on his performance in the first half tonight though. He's one of three or four players that can do that in the NBA tbh; dude is an unreal shooter.

Bowen would have ended his night in the 2nd quarter, tbh.:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:29 AM

Barkley.:wakeup

nickdakoolkat
one of the best players in the nba....his shot is that good that it doesn't even matter that he can't really dribble

TimDunkem
Barkley.:wakeup

Hmm. Didn't know there are actually people out there who take anything he says seriously. :lol

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:31 AM
one of the best players in the nba....his shot is that good that it doesn't even matter that he can't really dribble

On the playoffs where the game slows down, defenses start to predict every offensive move and legs are tired, it does matter.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:32 AM
DMC :lol

12-06-2016, 12:37 AM
His release is only slightly slower than curry's and with it being so high he can get it off pretty much any time he wants. Ridiculous

Killakobe81
12-06-2016, 12:45 AM

No , who thinks that? His daddy?

Killakobe81
12-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Kerr should let him go for 82 tbh.....

Sure why not records are made to be broken ...shit Kobe's ain't even really a record impressive but not really close to Wilt if you go by the numbers he only a little closers to wilt than Klay is,to him after only 3 quarters and far less shots.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:49 AM
No , who thinks that? His daddy?

Folks like DMC or the op who think ST's posters are wrong for saying that Klay isn't the main man on the Warriors nor a superstar.

Killakobe81
12-06-2016, 12:50 AM
I say legit star... superstar is a stretch ...

apalisoc_9
12-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Smdh..Now I have to deal with clueless casuals arguing why Harden is two tiers above Anus and Butler is a superior player...

But he scored 60 :cry

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:51 AM

Well then, I don't understand your "Klay says shhhh" comment, tbh.

Raven
12-06-2016, 12:58 AM

i'd like to hear by what definition is he not a superstar..

DAF86
12-06-2016, 01:04 AM
i'd like to hear by what definition is he not a superstar..

Superstars are players that can do a lot of things at very good/elite levels. The only thing Klay does at an elite level is shoot the ball.

ElNono
12-06-2016, 01:11 AM
He's the new Steve Kerr without the clutchness, tbh... system player living in the shadow of actual stars... lots of that going on with Raymond too...

Although camaraderie is probably great on that team, everybody helping teammates statpad, coach going out of his way to recommend awards for his players, etc...

Raven
12-06-2016, 01:21 AM
Superstars are players that can do a lot of things at very good/elite levels. The only thing Klay does at an elite level is shoot the ball.

so... how many superstars do you count in the league?

DAF86
12-06-2016, 01:28 AM
so... how many superstars do you count in the league?

Lebron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi, Blake Griffin and maybe guys like CP3 (might be slightly past his prime) and Anthony Davis (only thing he's missing is playing for a winning team).

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Lebron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi, Blake Griffin and maybe guys like CP3 (might be slightly past his prime) and Anthony Davis (only thing he's missing is playing for a winning team).

Cousins, Butler, and PG as well imo.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Cousins, Butler, and PG as well imo.

They aren't big enough names to be considered superstars yet, imho. Boogie is a headcase that lacks the winning, Butler is just recently becoming the "face" of the bulls (he has been their best player for years but now that Rose is gone he's definitely and without question "the guy") and with mediocre results so far, and PG could be, Pacers seem to be trmeding the wrong way this season but I can concede PG as a superstar.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 02:05 AM
They aren't big enough names to be considered superstars yet, imho. Boogie is a headcase that lacks the winning, Butler is just recently becoming the "face" of the bulls (he has been their best player for years but now that Rose is gone he's definitely and without question "the guy") and with mediocre results so far, and PG could be, Pacers seem to be trmeding the wrong way this season but I can concede PG as a superstar.

Boogie is a headcase but he does a lot of things well; can't really call somebody one of the best, if not the best, big(s) in the NBA without them being a superstar. Butler is basically Kawhi with the mediocre results included; they're either both superstars or neither is.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 02:13 AM
Boogie is a headcase but he does a lot of things well; can't really call somebody one of the best, if not the best, big(s) in the NBA without them being a superstar. Butler is basically Kawhi with the mediocre results included; they're either both superstars or neither is.

Kawhi wouldn't be considered a superstar if he was putting the same kind of production on a slightly above .500 team (some don't even consider him a superstar now, tbh). It probably is unfair but it is the way that it is. To be considered a superstar on a mediocre team you have to be putting crazy numbers like Westbrook, Harden and Davis, tbh.

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 03:27 AM
He's the new Steve Kerr without the clutchness, tbh... system player living in the shadow of actual stars... lots of that going on with Raymond too...

Although camaraderie is probably great on that team, everybody helping teammates statpad, coach going out of his way to recommend awards for his players, etc...brah kerr never even averaged 3 attempts per game from deep. different animal, while also being one of the better defenders at his position

Hoops Czar
12-06-2016, 03:30 AM

GS averages 32 assists a game so it stand to reason Thompson and Durant would rank high on that list.

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 04:22 AM
Boogie is a headcase but he does a lot of things well; can't really call somebody one of the best, if not the best, big(s) in the NBA without them being a superstar.

Anthony Davis hasn't done a lot of winning the past 2 seasons either so he's basically in the same tier as Cousins.

Butler is basically Kawhi with the mediocre results included; they're either both superstars or neither is.

The issue w/ Butler since his breakout season has been that he crashes back down to earth after the ASG break probably b/c the minutes start piling up but we'll how he holds up this season.

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 04:29 AM
Kawhi wouldn't be considered a superstar if he was putting the same kind of production on a slightly above .500 team (some don't even consider him a superstar now, tbh). It probably is unfair but it is the way that it is. To be considered a superstar on a mediocre team you have to be putting crazy numbers like Westbrook, Harden and Davis, tbh.

Davis is essentially scoring the same amount of points as Kawhi per possession while averaging less assists:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy7NrjTWEAACZ-G.jpg

Harden/Davis would be scary though since Davis is the best roll guy in the league::wow

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyrmklsUoAAGsUx.jpg

lefty
12-06-2016, 07:16 AM
:lol more regular season stst padding for Choke Thompson

Raven
12-06-2016, 07:27 AM

eh whatever...

FkLA
12-06-2016, 07:43 AM

:lol Did this imbecile seriously just compare throwing an entry pass into the post to kicking it out to a spot-up shooter for an open shot after forcing his man to help? Jesus christ.

-21-
12-06-2016, 08:57 AM

It's amazing to me how Cousins plays like a dumb rhino yet still manages to be a great player. I mean his game is basically chucking up poor 3's and driving into the lane head first with no real finishing move. :lol

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Gloating about taking contested shots... sounds like Kobe. Why would you want contested shots?

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:28 AM
:lol Did this imbecile seriously just compare throwing an entry pass into the post to kicking it out to a spot-up shooter for an open shot after forcing his man to help? Jesus christ.

You: real players create their own shots
You: why does Kawhi have to create his own shots?

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:30 AM
GS averages 32 assists a game so it stand to reason Thompson and Durant would rank high on that list.

Assists are bad now. Today's NBA fan relishes 90's ball for some odd reason, all iso plays.

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:31 AM

It's all a popularity contest. Carmelo is a superstar, like it or not.

Joseph Kony
12-06-2016, 09:32 AM
Corey Brewer's garbage ass dropped 51 points not too long ago, not impressed tbh

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 09:56 AM
:lol more regular season stst padding for Choke Thompson

FkLA
12-06-2016, 10:44 AM
You: real players create their own shots
You: why does Kawhi have to create his own shots?

I'm confused about what makes you think players don't create their own shots in the post? You brought up Shaq and now Kawhi in the post. :lol

Also, my gripe was with him having to iso off the dribble almost exclusively btw. He's too good in the post to ignore that part of his game. He should get touches both at the top of the key and in the post.

DMC
12-06-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm confused about what makes you think players don't create their own shots in the post? You brought up Shaq and now Kawhi in the post. :lol

Also, my gripe was with him having to iso off the dribble almost exclusively btw. He's too good in the post to ignore that part of his game. He should get touches both at the top of the key and in the post.

Klay took a big wet shit on you and your takes the same day you posted all that nonsense. 60pts from a scrub. lol... embarrassing.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:30 PM
eh whatever...

Do you have a problem with that? :lol

Raven
12-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Do you have a problem with that? :lol

yes, I don't agree with it. Seems a very convenient definition and if you'd take Harden or Davis over Klay then bad for you I guess..

DAF86
12-06-2016, 01:58 PM
yes, I don't agree with it. Seems a very convenient definition and if you'd take Harden or Davis over Klay then bad for you I guess..

Bad for me? That's what most of the NBA fnas/specialists think. I guess everybody is wrong except a few guys like you and DMC :lol

Raven
12-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Bad for me? That's what most of the NBA think. I guess everybody is wrong except a few guys like you and DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) :lol

well, one has won a title and just carried his own team to the finals, the other two are the definition of steve nashes... that is entertaining but ultimately loserish. And lol at anthony davis, come on man :lmao

lefty
12-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Bryce Drew would average 25 ppg in t:lolday's NBA

DAF86
12-06-2016, 02:21 PM
well, one has won a title and just carried his own team to the finals, the other two are the definition of steve nashes... that is entertaining but ultimately loserish. And lol at anthony davis, come on man :lmao

Wow son, I've seen you around for a long time on this site. You have absolutely no excuse to still exhibit such noob-minded argumentations. You are pulling the old "four rings faggot" card. :lol

whitemamba
12-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Thompson wouldn't average 30 points on any team. What a horrendous statement.

your a god damn retard.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 02:57 PM
your a god damn retard.

So you're saying he'd average more points than Durant and Curry as the #1 option? The same amount of points as Westchimp or Davis, and more than anyone else in the NBA? And I'm the retard? Ok.

whitemamba
12-06-2016, 03:31 PM
So you're saying he'd average more points than Durant and Curry as the #1 option? The same amount of points as Westchimp or Davis, and more than anyone else in the NBA? And I'm the retard? Ok.

If he was on a shit team like Kobe in 05' ,06,07. No doubt he'd be shooting 25 times a game, and your on record saying he's an elite shooter. So yes, your retarded robz no hard feelings.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 03:45 PM
If he was on a shit team like Kobe in 05' ,06,07. No doubt he'd be shooting 25 times a game, and your on record saying he's an elite shooter. So yes, your retarded robz no hard feelings.

JJ Reddick is an elite shooter. Do you think he'd average 30 PPG on a shit team?

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Also, if all we're talking about is averaging 30 points, fucking Kyle Anderson could do it. Team wouldn't win a damn game but he could do it.

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 03:54 PM
ST claims everybody who is a threat to the spurs or their players overrated, just like kobe fans for YEARS called lebron overrated because he was the guy taking kobe's mantle

spurfan calls draymond green overrated because he's the next best defender to kawhi
spurfan calls klay/steph overrated because they're on the warriors, threat in the west

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
JJ Reddick is an elite shooter. Do you think he'd average 30 PPG on a shit team?do you really think reddick would be equally productive if he was traded to the warriors for klay? please

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 03:59 PM
do you really think reddick would be equally productive if he was traded to the warriors for klay? please

No, I'm saying being an elite shooter =! being an elite scorer. An elite scorer can generate points in a variety of ways while an elite shooter can nail open shots at a high rate. The problem is the shooter needs others to create those open looks. Thompson wouldn't be getting many of those if he were the #1 option of a team.

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 04:15 PM
No, I'm saying being an elite shooter =! being an elite scorer. An elite scorer can generate points in a variety of ways while an elite shooter can nail open shots at a high rate. The problem is the shooter needs others to create those open looks. Thompson wouldn't be getting many of those if he were the #1 option of a team.maybe, maybe not. if you're putting him on a trash team like the nets, maybe. if he's on a team with other players but is the #1 option, i think he'd be fine. he scores in the post pretty well too. the whole "he'd struggle with more volume" was the same trash argument that was used against kawhi before last year. he's not going to be a point guard type player like harden even on a team where he's the best scorer

DMC
12-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Bad for me? That's what most of the NBA fnas/specialists think. I guess everybody is wrong except a few guys like you and DMC :lol

I'd take Davis over Harden or Klay and Harden over Klay, but Klay is legit.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Klay took a big wet shit on you and your takes the same day you posted all that nonsense. 60pts from a scrub. lol... embarrassing.

:lol nice deflection

Keep up your embarrassing takes, brah. :tu

FkLA
12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
ST claims everybody who is a threat to the spurs or their players overrated, just like kobe fans for YEARS called lebron overrated because he was the guy taking kobe's mantle

spurfan calls draymond green overrated because he's the next best defender to kawhi
spurfan calls klay/steph overrated because they're on the warriors, threat in the west

Steph, KD, LeBron, CP3/Ginger aren't overrated. All threats to the Spurs. Klay isn't in their class. He's absolutely overrated. Raymond isn't really overrated other than by retards who try to say he has a bigger defensive impact than Kawhi, tbh.

Splits
12-06-2016, 04:49 PM
https://gm1.ggpht.com/oAL6dc-B7JIN4S7Zv2eBeitynxJEV5sg0IG2SqHS-kIbmjxIQyXmo82pVlouZaLYcvOjh-ZFSxfVmN13V1GR6gsv-CZL_h-KG0F-xatZY4Xq8-H33WZIE64Dvr3xwIf3OyUQ5WEr1zu8Umf--DPcVT26apzyIxdAcKxvmmJimREUl7tTwuWBK4Da-eGPj9dshki3yMxKoBODIagg-JoGgYC5MI8MRo4bBcA6vGit2vS2ahmP_sEmKO013J6Jep6Zi_-KuUQCl4pNJ0orvbU0SFrGfX_Hc0OmakGz6vcQmmY3lv5kM0rp9 nyA8ysGz8zAIVEio3i88dBMVwaawmCDlgrkDze6MVj3x9DocOW hqBKYFoYK2u9w_oo2n4wK0ZK6FU0jSMaREtYLGaOzYouNNJCO8 q3ZeREkn97if6AIB8f-RLDLdlZlx41ag1yvy52mJgJpjx6EEQyb5HeVPSarwQl86J4GVe wIGUVDe0szsX9pUn7Vwc_Y3cZZqbY-tF-3pAXrBt-XkUW3ipbQrBM0HgRGT-6nNKFQq4mRH4UKcX2jlA-NZ6fNHR_kTq5jLsd6HPXObQjid24K4r2VFZC3jlqdj_UVcPfsb kV1GnR80IksQIXnFGNzlG2R8b-74h0NPlAHuZoBogfQMhVnanMbRJZW6cZCxn65lSDKewGtHaxZg zPg8EQR9hAhUegWq9f3YE3y2h4y1UuZRA=w1366-h662-l75-ft

FkLA
12-06-2016, 04:49 PM
maybe, maybe not. if you're putting him on a trash team like the nets, maybe. if he's on a team with other players but is the #1 option, i think he'd be fine. he scores in the post pretty well too. the whole "he'd struggle with more volume" was the same trash argument that was used against kawhi before last year. he's not going to be a point guard type player like harden even on a team where he's the best scorer

:lol Klaynus doesn't have Kawhi's body or fadeaway to overwhelm opponents in the post. He also doesn't have Kawhi's arsenal of midrange moves. He isn't even as good at getting to the rim as Kawhi, even though that isn't even a big strength in Kawhi's game. This is why I laugh when people say Klay is a better offensive player. He's really not. It's a whole different ballgame when you have to consistently create shots on your own instead of playing off of Steph/KD or even Raymond's playmaking.

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 04:52 PM
:lol Klaynus doesn't have Kawhi's body or fadeaway to overwhelm opponents in the post. He also doesn't have Kawhi's arsenal of midrange moves. This is why I laugh when people say Klay is a better offensive player. He's really not. It's a whole different ballgame when you have to consistently create shots on your own instead of playing off of Steph/KD or even Raymond's playmaking.not sayin klay would be better at it than kawhi. but comparing him to kawhi is setting a ridiculously high bar :lol... reggie miller was the #1 option on a team that made the finals tbh

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:02 PM
:lol nice deflection

Keep up your embarrassing takes, brah. :tu

Klay played 29 minutes, scored 60 points in less than 3 quarters. Keep running faggot.

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:04 PM
:lol Klaynus doesn't have Kawhi's body or fadeaway to overwhelm opponents in the post. He also doesn't have Kawhi's arsenal of midrange moves. He isn't even as good at getting to the rim as Kawhi, even though that isn't even a big strength in Kawhi's game. This is why I laugh when people say Klay is a better offensive player. He's really not. It's a whole different ballgame when you have to consistently create shots on your own instead of playing off of Steph/KD or even Raymond's playmaking.

What's Kawhi's career high again?

I'm a believer in KL, not as a superstar but as the best 2 way player in the game. Superstar is a term reserved for people with a lot of endorsements, or Tim Duncan.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 05:05 PM
not sayin klay would be better at it than kawhi. but comparing him to kawhi is setting a ridiculously high bar :lol... reggie miller was the #1 option on a team that made the finals tbh

That's about right. Hes probably a Reggie Miller/Michael Redd kind of guy. Poor man's Ray Allen.

Nothing to get all excited about, tbh.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 05:06 PM
What's Kawhi's career high again?

I'm a believer in KL, not as a superstar but as the best 2 way player in the game. Superstar is a term reserved for people with a lot of endorsements, or Tim Duncan.

You think he's a better offensive player than Kawhi, don't you?

lol idiot

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:09 PM
You think he's a better offensive player than Kawhi, don't you?

lol idiot

I think he can put points on the board faster than Kawhi. Kawhi can probably get you a bucket from more positions. It depends on how you cherry pick the meaning of the term "offensive player".

If you had both on the same team, which would you want catching and shooting the 3? Which would you think would have the most points at the end of the night most of the time given the same number of touches?

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 05:16 PM
That's about right. Hes probably a Reggie Miller/Michael Redd kind of guy. Poor man's Ray Allen.

Nothing to get all excited about, tbh.better defensively than those guys, but yeah sure. which is why he's been a really good #2 scoring option and a ridiculous #3

FkLA
12-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I think he can put points on the board faster than Kawhi. Kawhi can probably get you a bucket from more positions. It depends on how you cherry pick the meaning of the term "offensive player".

If you had both on the same team, which would you want catching and shooting the 3? Which would you think would have the most points at the end of the night most of the time given the same number of touches?

As a spot-up shooter I'd take Klay, sure.

Given the same amount of touches, in the same situation (aka without all-world players to play off of) it's Kawhi, easily. I don't care if you're more explosive and can score 60 when playing off others, you aren't a better offensive player than a guy that is superior at getting points on his own when defenses are focused primarily on him.

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:28 PM
As a spot-up shooter I'd take Klay, sure.

Given the same amount of touches, in the same situation (aka without all-world players to play off of) it's Kawhi, easily. I don't care if you're more explosive and can score 60 when playing off others, you aren't a better offensive player than a guy that is superior at getting points on his own when defenses are focused primarily on him.

That's homerism talking. It's the same way people put Kobe in the top 5 all time over at LG.com. Kawhi is probably the best defender in the league, still. He's not even close to being the best offensive player in the league. Klay is a much better offensive player than Kawhi, right now. That could change based on KL's work ethic and the amazing results he gets from his effort, but right now, he's too inconsistent to be considered a great offensive player. He's good, no doubt, but Klay can carry a team on offense. KL cannot. He can do well some times, but he can never do Klay level good.

But you're a Bernie guy. It's understandable you'd be easily misled.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 05:34 PM
That's homerism talking. It's the same way people put Kobe in the top 5 all time over at LG.com. Kawhi is probably the best defender in the league, still. He's not even close to being the best offensive player in the league. Klay is a much better offensive player than Kawhi, right now. That could change based on KL's work ethic and the amazing results he gets from his effort, but right now, he's too inconsistent to be considered a great offensive player. He's good, no doubt, but Klay can carry a team on offense. KL cannot. He can do well some times, but he can never do Klay level good.

But you're a Bernie guy. It's understandable you'd be easily misled.

:lol spot-up shooters that play off of others can carry teams on offense now apparently

Get back to me when he does anything close to this on his own team. If he can score 60 in 30 mins, while creating most of those shots with his own individual greatness then you'll have a point. Too bad he can't. He ain't Kobe or Tmac. Far from it. Kawhi is a better offensive player and it's not close. He's averaging more points on the same amount of FGAs even after the 60 pt game. More FTAs but that's expected as Klay ain't getting to the line spotting-up on the perimeter while other guys on his team put pressure on defenses.

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:43 PM
:lol spot-up shooters that play off of others can carry teams on offense now apparently

Get back to me when he does anything close to this on his own team. If he can score 60 in 30 mins, while creating most of those shots with his own individual greatness then you'll have a point. Too bad he can't. He ain't Kobe or Tmac. Far from it. Kawhi is a better offensive player and it's not close. He's averaging more points on the same amount of FGAs. More FTAs but that's expected as Klay ain't getting to the line spotting-up on the perimeter letting other guys put pressure on defenses.

Put KL on a team with Curry and Durant. See how his points total suffers. Who do you think will be the "guy" on offense if KL, Durant and Thompson were on the same team? Would they force the KL iso play, as you said, 99% of the time iso from top of the key?

It all depends on what the team around him is told to do. If plays are drawn up for KL, KL is going to score pretty well, but the team won't get that far because although he's had sparks of brilliance on offense, he's a defensive minded player who often recedes back into his hiding place on defense (if you can call it that). If you said you were going to feed Klay every trip and make the opponent stop him, how well would he do? Could he score in more ways than spot up 3s? He can attack the rim, doesn't very often but he can. He doesn't because the plan doesn't call for it. Steph spends more time under the rim than Klay does. That's by design and why Steph gets more rebounds than guys bigger than him.

So you think Michael Redd and Reggie Miller were worse offensive players than Kawhi?

Anyone can carry a team. Where they end up is the question.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 05:49 PM
better defensively than those guys, but yeah sure. which is why he's been a really good #2 scoring option and a ridiculous #3

They won a title without him showing up in the Finals so I wouldn't even call him a really good #2. Raymond probably had a bigger offensive impact due to his playmaking. Klay doesn't suck he's just held in way higher regard than his game deserves.

Not directed at you, but as I'm typing this Doc is on PTI saying he scored his 60 pts while having the ball in his hands a total of 88 seconds. Fucking glorified spot-up shooter. :lol

nickdakoolkat
12-06-2016, 05:56 PM
if kawhi is a superstar than so is Klay...thats not me trying to knock him but Klay is waaaay better shooter and his defense is not that far below leonards

DMC
12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
KL is an elite 3 and D player that's been shoe-horned into a scorer's role based on team necessity. Take away his points off of his incredible defense and he's a mediocre offensive player. He's not a natural scorer. In that regard, Klay is also and elite 3 and D player but worse on defense, better on offense if you consider he leans on his strengths like KL does. KL has a huge portfolio of options and his strength is that he can go to any of them, but he's not the 3pt shooting threat Klay is, needs more space and time to get it off, but he's deadly when he does. He's a better pull up shooter by far and it's not really even close near the basket with the edge going to KL. However Klay's pull up in transition is so fast and deadly that he gets the nod from me at least. In reality those two are quite close and the numbers support that, and they'd make a great tandem but neither of them is overrated.

nickdakoolkat
12-06-2016, 06:00 PM
you can be a superstar and be a spot up shooter majority of the time, IF you are one of the BEST spot up shooters in the game today and possibly ever. Klay is that good.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 06:01 PM
if kawhi is a superstar than so is Klay...thats not me trying to knock him but Klay is waaaay better shooter and his defense is not that far below leonards

Dude, you are coming off as a huge homer, tbh.

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:04 PM
They won a title without him showing up in the Finals so I wouldn't even call him a really good #2. Raymond probably had a bigger offensive impact due to his playmaking. Klay doesn't suck he's just held in way higher regard than his game deserves.

Not directed at you, but as I'm typing this Doc is on PTI saying he scored his 60 pts while having the ball in his hands a total of 88 seconds. Fucking glorified spot-up shooter. :lol

16ppg is not showing up? Odd because AI won the FMVP with less than one PPG more. Maybe if you add a few more queer emoticons to your post a legit point will develop. Then Klay is the only reason they made the finals this year.
:lol:lol:lol

FkLA
12-06-2016, 06:07 PM
Put KL on a team with Curry and Durant. See how his points total suffers. Who do you think will be the "guy" on offense if KL, Durant and Thompson were on the same team? Would they force the KL iso play, as you said, 99% of the time iso from top of the key?

It all depends on what the team around him is told to do. If plays are drawn up for KL, KL is going to score pretty well, but the team won't get that far because although he's had sparks of brilliance on offense, he's a defensive minded player who often recedes back into his hiding place on defense (if you can call it that). If you said you were going to feed Klay every trip and make the opponent stop him, how well would he do? Could he score in more ways than spot up 3s? He can attack the rim, doesn't very often but he can. He doesn't because the plan doesn't call for it. Steph spends more time under the rim than Klay does. That's by design and why Steph gets more rebounds than guys bigger than him.

That doesn't work here. Klay ain't sacrificing shit. He's averaging more FGAs than both Durant and Steph. :lol

And no, getting to the basket occasionally=/=him being good at it. Decrepit Enrique can get to the basket occasionally too.

So you think Michael Redd and Reggie Miller were worse offensive players than Kawhi?

Yes.

I don't dwell on career highs or even averages. I look at overall offensive impact. When you rely on others putting pressure on defense to get you open like Klay or others setting screen after screen to get you open like Reggie you aren't having the same impact as a guy like Kawhi. The great Timothy Duncan averaged 25+ ppg once in his career and was usually in the 21-23 ppg range, wasn't a super explosive scorer, but he was a top offensive player year in and year out.

Anyone can carry a team. Where they end up is the question.

A team 'carried' by Klay wouldn't get anywhere. He ain't carrying shit in GS.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 06:14 PM
KL is an elite 3 and D player that's been shoe-horned into a scorer's role based on team necessity. Take away his points off of his incredible defense and he's a mediocre offensive player. He's not a natural scorer. In that regard, Klay is also and elite 3 and D player but worse on defense, better on offense if you consider he leans on his strengths like KL does. KL has a huge portfolio of options and his strength is that he can go to any of them, but he's not the 3pt shooting threat Klay is, needs more space and time to get it off, but he's deadly when he does. He's a better pull up shooter by far and it's not really even close near the basket with the edge going to KL. However Klay's pull up in transition is so fast and deadly that he gets the nod from me at least. In reality those two are quite close and the numbers support that, and they'd make a great tandem but neither of them is overrated.

Holy shit, your takes are terrible. Kawhi gets one maybe two at most baskets directly off his defense yet somehow he's mediocre without that. WTF does his offensive repertoire have to do with his defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZrfT4W_6Sg

benefactor
12-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Go back to Warriors world faggot

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 06:28 PM

you can be a superstar and be a spot up shooter majority of the time, IF you are one of the BEST spot up shooters in the game today and possibly ever. Klay is that good.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Holy shit, your takes are terrible. Kawhi gets one maybe two at most baskets directly off his defense yet somehow he's mediocre without that. WTF does his offensive repertoire have to do with his defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZrfT4W_6Sg

So take 4ppg from him. What's his average now?

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 06:37 PM
kawhi is one of the best midrange scorers in the league right now. add that to his ability to bully smaller players down low, and that he's one of the better 3pt shooters. he's not an above average playmaker, which is just about the only hole in his offensive game right now

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:39 PM
That doesn't work here. Klay ain't sacrificing shit. He's averaging more FGAs than both Durant and Steph. :lol

And no, getting to the basket occasionally=/=him being good at it. Decrepit Enrique can get to the basket occasionally too.

20 games in. I suppose your take is based on this year only then since KD had almost 20 FGA per game last year.

Yes.

I don't dwell on career highs or even averages. I look at overall offensive impact. When you rely on others putting pressure on defense to get you open like Klay or others setting screen after screen to get you open like Reggie you aren't having the same impact as a guy like Kawhi. The great Timothy Duncan averaged 25+ ppg once in his career and was usually in the 21-23 ppg range, wasn't a super explosive scorer, but he was a top offensive player year in and year out.

The old eyeball test. Fuck stats unless you can use them to support your stance like the "points off assists" red herring. Lol upstairs fodder.

A team 'carried' by Klay wouldn't get anywhere. He ain't carrying shit in GS.
A take based on the eyeball test mentioned above. Get your faggot ass back upstairs and wait for me.

apalisoc_9
12-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Why is anyone talking basketball with Brown fat hands? He has a very limited understanding of the game tbh..

:lol

Doubt he's played a minute of basketball in his life.

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:42 PM
kawhi is one of the best midrange scorers in the league right now. add that to his ability to bully smaller players down low, and that he's one of the better 3pt shooters. he's not an above average playmaker, which is just about the only hole in his offensive game right now

According to Fkla he's Michael Jordan reincarnated.

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Why is anyone talking basketball with Brown fat hands? He has a very limited understanding of the game tbh..

:lol

Doubt he's played a minute of basketball in his life.

At least I didn't abandon my native land for the home of the brave, eh Manila boy?

spurraider21
12-06-2016, 06:43 PM
According to Fkla he's Michael Jordan reincarnated.and you think he's gerald wallace

apalisoc_9
12-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Klay is not even at top 20 player.

Shit any scorer below the top 25 player list can scrore 60 if they played with Durant and Curry and get assisted 95% of the time...

Posters who have clear evidence of lack of Physical activity either with spurstalk pictures or videos should have zero credibility about basketball...

Maybe top 25 friend chicken list but not 25 basketball players for sure.

whitemamba
12-06-2016, 06:48 PM
JJ Reddick is an elite shooter. Do you think he'd average 30 PPG on a shit team?

God damn robz, im losing respect for your intelligence by each post. If you switch JJ and Klay, are the warriors stiill as good? No. All JJ Faggot can do is shoot, he cant pass he cant dribble, he cant defend, he just shoots 3's and talks about on his podcast.The fact that you brought JJ into this argument cements your stupidity. You and FkLA would be tight friends tbh.

Hoops Czar
12-06-2016, 06:49 PM

Get back to me when he does anything close to this on his own team. If he can score 60 in 30 mins, while creating most of those shots with his own individual greatness then you'll have a point. Too bad he can't. He ain't Kobe or Tmac. Far from it. Kawhi is a better offensive player and it's not close. He's averaging more points on the same amount of FGAs even after the 60 pt game. More FTAs but that's expected as Klay ain't getting to the line spotting-up on the perimeter while other guys on his team put pressure on defenses.

Remember when Spurstalk self-proclaimed Danny to be the best 3 and D guy in the league? Good times. :lol Wake me up when a Kawhi led team makes it past the 1st round of the playoffs (Memphis doesn't count).

Hoops Czar
12-06-2016, 06:51 PM

He'd better be. His entire offensive game is quite dependent on it.

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Remember when Spurstalk self-proclaimed Danny to be the best 3 and D guy in the league? Good times. :lol Wake me up when a Kawhi led team makes it past the 1st round of the playoffs (Memphis doesn't count).

No. Only Danny can self-proclaim it.

DMC
12-06-2016, 06:58 PM
and you think he's gerald wallace
Gerald Wallace was no slouch in his prime. It wouldn't be a slight to compare them, but KL is a special player. His accolades currently exceed his impact, I think, but he's an enigma in that he's hard to nail down on where exactly his pinnacle exists.

DMC
12-06-2016, 07:00 PM
Klay is not even at top 20 player.

Shit any scorer below the top 25 player list can scrore 60 if they played with Durant and Curry and get assisted 95% of the time...

Posters who have clear evidence of lack of Physical activity either with spurstalk pictures or videos should have zero credibility about basketball...

Maybe top 25 friend chicken list but not 25 basketball players for sure.

Top player generally considers both sides of the ball. We're talking offense only. Come back when you understand the concept, oh and hand me a towel, piss boy...errr. I mean Pinoy.

Not sure what a friend chicken is. You have chickens for friends? I can imagine in that 3rd world shithole you need all the friends you can get.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 07:02 PM
:bang
God damn robz, im losing respect for your intelligence by each post. If you switch JJ and Klay, are the warriors stiill as good? No. All JJ Faggot can do is shoot, he cant pass he cant dribble, he cant defend, he just shoots 3's and talks about on his podcast.The fact that you brought JJ into this argument cements your stupidity. You and FkLA would be tight friends tbh.

When did I mention switching them on their respective teams? I asked you if you thought JJ Reddick would average 30 on a shit team since he's an elite shooter? You've implied that for that very reason Klay would average 30 PPG on a shit team.

apalisoc_9
12-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Top player generally considers both sides of the ball. We're talking offense only. Come back when you understand the concept, oh and hand me a towel, piss boy...errr. I mean Pinoy.

Not sure what a friend chicken is. You have chickens for friends? I can imagine in that 3rd world shithole you need all the friends you can get.

My fatass is bettwr cause I get to stuff my belly with 1st world fried chicken...Third world country :cry

12-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Klay dropped 37 in a quarter, Kawhi has never scored 37 in a game :lol

Why is it even a question who the better offensive player is? It's not like Kawhi is racking up assist as play maker either so I don't think it's even close.

I would take Kawhi over Klay though still, because of the better defense, and the strides Kawhi's made as a ball handler.

12-06-2016, 07:32 PM
:lmao

whitemamba
12-06-2016, 07:32 PM
:bang

When did I mention switching them on their respective teams? I asked you if you thought JJ Reddick would average 30 on a shit team since he's an elite shooter? You've implied that for that very reason Klay would average 30 PPG on a shit team.
I mentioned it , JJ is an elite shooter but that's it. Damn rob please read my shit don't make me kill myself, I said the reason klay could and probably would is because he can post up , he can dribble , and create his own shot , not like Stephan obviously but he can.

12-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Spur fans defending Kawhi's low scoring numbers early in his career: ":cry He's playing alongside the Big 3, if he was the number one option he would score 40 a game"
Spur fans defending Kawhi's low scoring numbers now: ":ihit Well he's the number one option, you can't expect him to put up 60 like Klay"

Put Klay on those 2012, 2013 Spurs teams with Manu, Parker, and Tim sucking in the defense and he's feasting.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 07:38 PM
I mentioned it , JJ is an elite shooter but that's it. Damn rob please read my shit don't make me kill myself, I said the reason klay could and probably would is because he can post up , he can dribble , and create his own shot , not like Stephan obviously but he can.

Thompson can post up, yes, but he can't create his own shot. His ball-handling is pretty mediocre as well; not Danny Green bad but nowhere near well enough to penetrate a defense or create enough separation for a shot outside rising above a shorter defender. He doesn't have the proper skillset to be a #1 option, much less average 30 on any team (unless number of shots/usage rate doesn't matter).

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Spur fans defending Kawhi's low scoring numbers early in his career: ":cry He's playing alongside the Big 3, if he was the number one option he would score 40 a game"
Spur fans defending Kawhi's low scoring numbers now: ":ihit Well he's the number one option, you can't expect him to put up 60 like Klay"

Put Klay on those 2012, 2013 Spurs teams with Manu, Parker, and Tim sucking in the defense and he's feasting.

Of course he would, there's a reason LDN put up such ridiculous numbers from three in those seasons; put current Kawhi on those teams and he prolly averages 5-6 threes a game.

DMC
12-06-2016, 08:16 PM
My fatass is bettwr cause I get to stuff my belly with 1st world fried chicken...Third world country :cry

Oh FRIED chicken. Here I was about to call fowl.

DMC
12-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Klay dropped 37 in a quarter, Kawhi has never scored 37 in a game :lol

Why is it even a question who the better offensive player is? It's not like Kawhi is racking up assist as play maker either so I don't think it's even close.

I would take Kawhi over Klay though still, because of the better defense, and the strides Kawhi's made as a ball handler.

Easily take KL over KT. KT is a better scorer though. KL makes a bigger point differential which is what really matters.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 09:26 PM
20 games in. I suppose your take is based on this year only then since KD had almost 20 FGA per game last year.

Uh yeah why wouldn't it be based on this year? You literally said if Kawhi was on a team with Steph and KD his scoring would go down too. Suggesting that's a reason Kawhi averages more points than Klaynus.

The old eyeball test. Fuck stats unless you can use them to support your stance like the "points off assists" red herring. Lol upstairs fodder.

What stat would like to use? All you've thrown out are career highs.

A take based on the eyeball test mentioned above. Get your faggot ass back upstairs and wait for me.

Amazing how someone can be so arrogant with such shitty takes. Fuck outta here, seriously. As if you've provided anything other than :cry he scored 60 :cry to show that he's carried GS at any point.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 09:32 PM
So take 4ppg from him. What's his average now?

Guarantee you he doesn't average 4 ppg directly off his defense. But let's assume he does. What then genius, he's a 'mediocre' 20 ppg scorer on 45/40/90 shooting? :lol

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Guarantee you he doesn't average 4 ppg directly off his defense. But let's assume he does. What then genius, he's a 'mediocre' 20 ppg scorer on 45/40/90 shooting? :lol

20ppg

yay

FkLA
12-06-2016, 09:37 PM
20ppg

yay

So mediocre, huh? :lol

FkLA
12-06-2016, 09:39 PM

ST was wrong about that one. Klaynus is the best 3&D guy in the league, tbh.

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Uh yeah why wouldn't it be based on this year? You literally said if Kawhi was on a team with Steph and KD his scoring would go down too. Suggesting that's a reason Kawhi averages more points than Klaynus.

Then Klay was averaging almost 1 full point more than KL with about the same minutes played, almost the exact FT percentage and with KL getting a lot more of his points from the FT line. Creating those FT line shots, those moves.. at the FT line. All this and Klay was the 2nd option on his team.

What stat would like to use? All you've thrown out are career highs.

How about his offense got him past the Thunder. Can you say that about KL?

Amazing how someone can be so arrogant with such shitty takes. Fuck outta here, seriously. As if you've provided anything other than :cry he scored 60 :cry to show that he's carried GS at any point.
You homering out with autistic takes because a 3rd option on another team took a hot wet shit on your head last night. :lol

DMC
12-06-2016, 09:48 PM
So mediocre, huh? :lol

20ppg isn't world beating. Gordon Hayward is averaging almost 20ppg. Is he an elite scorer?

FkLA
12-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Then Klay is averaging almost 1 full point more than KL with about the same minutes played, almost the exact FT percentage and with KL getting a lot more of his points from the FT line. Creating those FT line shots, those moves.. at the FT line. All this and Klay is the 3rd option on his team.

How is he averaging 1 more full point? Are you seriously pulling a number out of your ass that you think Kawhi averages due to his defense and subtracting it from his total? :lol

Regarding the FT points. That's what happens when you consistently create your own shots and thus put pressure on defenses. Klaynus OTOH sits pretty and untouched at the three point line letting others create for him so it's no surprise he doesn't get to the line as often. That's the second time I've had to explain that to you btw. Try to pay attention so your stupidity isn't so apparent.

How about his offense got him past the Thunder. Can you say that about KL?

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that GS has been a better team than the Spurs the past two years.

I also don't remember him winning shit back in the day when you claim he was the guy in GS.

You homering out with autistic takes because a 3rd option on another team took a hot wet shit on your head last night. :lol

60 points yet only had the ball in his hands 88 seconds. If that ain't a glorified spot-up shooter I don't know what is.

There's video out there for you too if you want to see how he got all those shots off.

FkLA
12-06-2016, 10:03 PM
20ppg isn't world beating. Gordon Hayward is averaging almost 20ppg. Is he an elite scorer?

Nah don't move the goalposts on me now. You said Kawhi is a mediocre offensive player without the points he gets off defense. Nobody said 20 ppg is elite but it sure as hell ain't mediocre either.

DMC
12-06-2016, 10:13 PM
How is he averaging 1 more full point? Are you seriously pulling a number out of your ass that you think Kawhi averages due to his defense and subtracting it from his total? :lol

Regarding the FT points. That's what happens when you consistently create your own shots and thus put pressure on defenses. Klaynus OTOH sits pretty and untouched at the three point line letting others create for him so it's no surprise he doesn't get to the line as often. That's the second time I've had to explain that to you btw. Try to pay attention so your stupidity isn't so apparent.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that GS has been a better team than the Spurs the past two years.

I also don't remember him winning shit back in the day when you claim he was the guy in GS.

60 points yet only had the ball in his hands 88 seconds. If that ain't a glorified spot-up shooter I don't know what is.

There's video out there for you too if you want to see how he got all those shots off.

I was referring to last year thus the reason I said 20 games in isn't enough to judge (I edited before you responded but you thought you had something lol)

60pts... ball in hand for 88 seconds - Klay

35 points ball in hand most of the night - Kawhi

So GS has been a better team but Klay had no part in it? Way to kick your own ass.

So Shaq consistently created his own shots? He was at the line all the time, same with dwert.

DAF86
12-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Kawhi just put 31 effortless pts in 15 shots. That's better efficiency than 60 on 33, tbh.

Not to mention that he also played stellar D, distributed the ball, played point foward and created for others.

DMC
12-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Nah don't move the goalposts on me now. You said Kawhi is a mediocre offensive player without the points he gets off defense. Nobody said 20 ppg is elite but it sure as hell ain't mediocre either.

What are the levels?

Low
Middle
Elite

Do you want more levels like
Low
Kinda low
Maybe low
Less than middle
Middle
more than middle
less than high
High
More than high
Less than elite
elite
More than elite?

Take your pick

I chose the first. Of scorers, KL is mediocre. Of NBA players, he's elite.

DMC
12-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Kawhi just put 31 effortless pts in 15 shots. That's better efficiency than 60 on 33, tbh.

Not to mention that he also played stellar D, distributed the ball, played point foward and created for others.

He's a great player, elite. Still not a better scorer than Thompson but a better player without a doubt. 2 for 2 is more efficient than both. We'll give KL the popular vote.

Robz4000
12-06-2016, 11:02 PM
What's with this perception that Thompson is a scorer? Dude is a shooter; deadly from anywhere inside the half court line, but he doesn't consistently score in a variety of ways.

DeCancer - Scorer
Butler - Scorer
Harden - Scorer

Thompson - Shooter
Allen - Shooter
Miller - Shooter

lefty
12-06-2016, 11:15 PM
What's with this perception that Thompson is a scorer? Dude is a shooter; deadly from anywhere inside the half court line, but he doesn't consistently score in a variety of ways.

DeCancer - Scorer
Butler - Scorer
Harden - Scorer

Thompson - Shooter
Allen - Shooter
Miller - Shooter
Ray Allen was actually able to create his own shots

Raven
12-07-2016, 04:13 AM
why is being better or worse than KL any relevant in being a superstar? I mean guys like derrick rose and carmelo anthony are still considered superstars even though they suck. KL is a generational talent and very much a top 2 player in the world. Klay is probably about #7. Sounds superstar to me, especially when you consider him and curry carry the nba brand currently.

Robz4000
12-07-2016, 04:51 AM
why is being better or worse than KL any relevant in being a superstar? I mean guys like derrick rose and carmelo anthony are still considered superstars even though they suck. KL is a generational talent and very much a top 2 player in the world. Klay is probably about #7. Sounds superstar to me, especially when you consider him and curry carry the nba brand currently.

:lmao Thompson
:lmao Top 7 player
:lmao "is not a" between the two

spurraider21
12-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Ray Allen was actually able to create his own shotsthis. for some reason everybody just remembers boston ray allen :lol

benefactor
12-07-2016, 07:14 AM
this. for some reason everybody just remembers boston ray allen :lol
Too young tbh. Dude was one of the best SG's in the league in his Sonics days.

djohn2oo8
12-07-2016, 08:38 AM
So niggas are really a
saying Kawhi is better on offense than Klay?

lefty
12-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Too young tbh. Dude was one of the best SG's in the league in his Sonics days.
He had some good all around stats in Seattle

james evans
12-07-2016, 10:01 AM
I keep hearing "if Parker was healthy" every time he plays like shit. When is the last time this guy was "healthy"?

james evans
12-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Ray Allen was actually able to create his own shots
I wonder about the age of some people that post here. People don't remember that when Allen came into the league, he was a dunker more so than a 3 point threat. Even competing in the dunk contest his rookie year. I've watched him since Uconn and his battles with my Hoyas so I know what I'm talking about. If you would have said in 96 that Ray Allen would go down as one of the best 3 point shooters ever, absolutely no one would have agreed with it

james evans
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Wiggins had 7 when Leonard left the game with 2 mins to go. After that, he got 4 more points as the spurs only scored 5

Fabbs
12-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Klaynus only took 11 dribbles, held ball for only 52 seconds. All but one of his field goals were off an assist.

Kwa most definitely does not receive that kind of passing from the Spurs.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 12:01 PM
I was referring to last year thus the reason I said 20 games in isn't enough to judge (I edited before you responded but you thought you had something lol)

:lol Even dumber because it ignores Kawhi's progression from last year to this year. Fun fact Kawhi is averaging more this year than Klaynus has in any year of his career. And I guarantee you that will hold throughout the year. Klaynus was actually at around 20-21 ppg at the time OP made the thread. Before the 60 game, obviously.

Even if we look at last year:

Kawhi- 21.2 on 50.6/44.3/87.4
Klaynus- 22.1 on 48.1/39.2/87.7

Hardly a convincing argument for Klaynus being the clearly superior offensive player. Then once you analyze how each of them gets their points the comparison becomes a joke.

60pts... ball in hand for 88 seconds - Klay

35 points ball in hand most of the night - Kawhi

So GS has been a better team but Klay had no part in it? Way to kick your own ass.

Klay is good and contributed. Noone has said otherwise. He just isn't as good as Kawhi, offensively or defensively.

It's also dumb to use the fact that he's surrounded by better players against Kawhi. Especially when Klaynus isn't even the top guy in GS.

So Shaq consistently created his own shots? He was at the line all the time, same with dwert.

You're comparing a guy that has shot 87% and 91% from the line to guys that were put on the line intentionally. Obviously Kawhi's FTs are earned and with the exception of end of game situations are rarely of the hacking variety. Seriously, how stupid can you be?

What are the levels?

Low
Middle
Elite

Do you want more levels like
Low
Kinda low
Maybe low
Less than middle
Middle
more than middle
less than high
High
More than high
Less than elite
elite
More than elite?

Take your pick

I chose the first. Of scorers, KL is mediocre. Of NBA players, he's elite.

Who are considered scorers to you? What's your logic for ranking them, career highs? :lol

Klaynus is a better scorer according to you despite averaging less points.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 12:13 PM
To all those that are propping up Klaynus. If you can't see the huge, glaring difference with how one guy gets his points compared to the other I don't know what to tell y'all sons. Y'all just aren't very smart if you can't see it. Basically in the same group as all the retards that glorified Kirby's chucking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptGzd0Bb1M4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eDZfKgStM

DAF86
12-07-2016, 12:43 PM
So niggas are really a
saying Kawhi is better on offense than Klay?

Do you really want to get into another Kawhi debate? That didn't go too well for you the last time around. :lol

You clearly have a strange missconception of Kawhi's game son. You either haven't seen him play enough, or you have caught all the few games where he didn't play well, tbh. Laughing at the idea of Kawhi > Aldridge as if it was some retarded thing to say. That was gold son :lmao

DMC
12-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Klaynus only took 11 dribbles, held ball for only 52 seconds. All but one of his field goals were off an assist.

Kwa most definitely does not receive that kind of passing from the Spurs.

So is there supposed to be some moment in the game when there's only one offensive player on the floor and he had to create his own shot? What's up with all this bullshit?

DMC
12-07-2016, 01:03 PM
To all those that are propping up Klaynus. If you can't see the huge, glaring difference with how one guy gets his points compared to the other I don't know what to tell y'all sons. Y'all just aren't very smart if you can't see it. Basically in the same group as all the retards that glorified Kirby's chucking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eDZfKgStM

Why is Leonard's scoring method better than Klay's? Is isolation ball now the better way of doing things?

DMC
12-07-2016, 01:05 PM
:lol Even dumber because it ignores Kawhi's progression from last year to this year. Fun fact Kawhi is averaging more this year than Klaynus has in any year of his career. And I guarantee you that will hold throughout the year. Klaynus was actually at around 20-21 ppg at the time OP made the thread. Before the 60 game, obviously.

Even if we look at last year:

Kawhi- 21.2 on 50.6/44.3/87.4
Klaynus- 22.1 on 48.1/39.2/87.7

Hardly a convincing argument for Klaynus being the clearly superior offensive player. Then once you analyze how each of them gets their points the comparison becomes a joke.

Klay is good and contributed. Noone has said otherwise. He just isn't as good as Kawhi, offensively or defensively.

It's also dumb to use the fact that he's surrounded by better players against Kawhi. Especially when Klaynus isn't even the top guy in GS.

You're comparing a guy that has shot 87% and 91% from the line to guys that were put on the line intentionally. Obviously Kawhi's FTs are earned and with the exception of end of game situations are rarely of the hacking variety. Seriously, how stupid can you be?

Who are considered scorers to you? What's your logic for ranking them, career highs? :lol

Klaynus is a better scorer according to you despite averaging less points.

Klay isn't the number one option on his team. When Leonard was the number three option on his team how well was he doing points wise? I seem to recall he was averaging about 14 points a game in the finals when he won the finals MVP.

Also you seem to think standing at the free throw line shooting free throws is somehow more difficult than shooting from the three-point line in a catch and shoot.

Kawhi is a scorer he's just not as good of a score as Klay. A scorer is someone who can put points on the board when needed however a better scorer is someone who can put more points on the board when needed. I believe Klay could put points on the board much faster than Kawhi, given their same methods. It doesn't matter if you can dribble to your spot or you need a pass you to your spot. You get to your spot and you shoot that's how they do it. All that bowling alley shit with their head flung back to get to the free throw line, that's just a gimmick. That's why you see the three Oklahoma City guys still to this day doing it and leading the free-throw parade.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Klay isn't the number one option on his team. When Leonard was the number three option on his team how well was he doing points wise? I seem to recall he was averaging about 14 points a game in the finals when he won the finals MVP.

You're all over the fucking place. You tried to use last year. Now you try to use '14.

Was Kawhi averaging the most FGAs on his team when he wasn't the first option? Klaynus is.

Has Klaynus ever averaged 24+ ppg? Kawhi is.

Also you seem to think standing at the free throw line shooting free throws is somehow more difficult than shooting from the three-point line in a catch and shoot.

No idiot I think putting pressure on the defenses in order to draw those fouls is harder than standing pretty at the three-point letting others create looks for you. Your stupid is showing again.

Who do you consider scorers and how do you rank them? Kawhi is 11th in the league in PPG and a mediocre scorer according to you. Klaynus is further down the list yet he's a good scorer. You make no sense per usual.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Why is Leonard's scoring method better than Klay's? Is isolation ball now the better way of doing things?

Letting others get you looks is a 'scoring method'? :lol

No moron. It's called being a role player. Danny Green doesn't have a scoring method, he just depends on others to get him looks. Klaynus isn't any different. He just happens to be a much deadlier shooter with half decent handles. Hence why he's the best, most elite 3&D player in the league.

djohn2oo8
12-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Do you really want to get into another Kawhi debate? That didn't go too well for you the last time around. :lol

You clearly have a strange missconception of Kawhi's game son. You either haven't seen him play enough, or you have caught all the few games where he didn't play well, tbh. Laughing at the idea of Kawhi > Aldridge as if it was some retarded thing to say. That was gold son :lmao

How is Kawhi better on offense than Klay? You did not answer that.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 01:50 PM

I don't know if Kawhi is definitely better on offense, but a case could definitely be made.

Klay's pts come almost exclusively off screen and spot ups. Kawhi has a wider arsenal of offensive moves. Kawhi is the number one offensive focus of his team whereas Klay is the 3rd of 4th (if you take into account that Draymond is the number one ballhandler and playmaker on the Warriors). Klay depends more on his teammates to get his pts than Kawhi. Klay has more explosive nights but Kawhi is more consistent. Let's also not forget that Kawhi flirts everyseason with 50/40/90. There isn't a definite answer on who the better offensive player is; there is, though, a definite answer on who the best player is, and that's Kawhi.

djohn2oo8
12-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I don't know if Kawhi is definitely better on offense, but a case could definitely be made.

Klay's pts come almost exclusively off screen and spot ups. Kawhi has a wider arsenal of offensive moves. Kawhi is the number one offensive focus of his team whereas Klay is the 3rd of 4th (if you take into account that Draymond is the number one ballhandler and playmaker on the Warriors). Klay depends more on his teammates to get his pts than Kawhi. Klay has more explosive nights but Kawhi is more consistent. Let's also not forget that Kawhi flirts everyseason with 50/40/90. There isn't a definite answer on who the better offensive player is; there is, though, a definite answer on who the best player is, and that's Kawhi.

If Klay has more explosive nights that means he is the better scorer.

Mikeanaro
12-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Not necessarily, you need some consistency too, Kawhi is playing team ball and putting some good numbers, Klaynus Jewsom played lots of shitty games this season and had a just a couple of good ones.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

No you dumbass. Cobsistancy is what makes an offense.

When you are a 24ppg guy with less than half of your points unassisted, it means you work to get your points. Not to mention he actually runs the pick and roll for his team with virtually limited gravity from his teamates.

You're just A rocket faggot who makes faggot claims. Bu saying Klay is better pffensively, you can now make shitty claims that harden is a better.overall better player.

You have zero credibility. You have always been wrong.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Kawhi averages more points.

Don't tell me you're in the same imbecile camp as DMC, where you base shit off of career highs or a 37 point Qtr?

DAF86
12-07-2016, 02:09 PM

Or that he plays more minutes, at a faster pace, alongside 3 other stars on the team with the most explosive offense in the history of the league. That could be another reason, tbh.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Kawhi averages more points.

Don't tell me you're in the same imbecile camp as DMC, where you base shit off of career highs or a 37 point Qtr?

DMC doednt play basketball son..have you seen his hands?why would you take him seriously? :lol

DAF86
12-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Guys like Tony Delk and Corey Brewer have bigger scoring outputs than many superstars. I guess that means they are just better offensively. :lol

spursistan
12-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Dude is literally getting SPOONFED :lol..

Comparing him with Kawhi who the other night was having to pour in 22 pts to win a game in which Nicola fuckin' Laprottilova was our best guard :lmao while Klay is playig next to the last 3 league MVP winners..

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 02:19 PM

Dude is literally getting SPOONFED :lol..

Comparing him with Kawhi who the other night was having to pour in 22 pts to win a game in which Nicola fuckin' Laprottilova was our best guard :lmao while Klay play next to last 3 league MVP winners..

DMC has fat hands bro. Have you not seen the pic? Like short fat hands. I would be surprised if he's ever touched a basletball..maybe im a footlocker store.

Also Djhon has proven hes a faggot in his kawhi thread. Probably trying his best to up Harden name by making silly comments. Losers gonna losers. :lol

FkLA
12-07-2016, 02:32 PM
DMC doednt play basketball son..have you seen his hands?why would you take him seriously? :lol

Tbf someone can be a fat fuck who's never picked up a basketball and still somewhat understand the game. Look at that whale Windhorst.

DMC definitely doesn't fall under that category though.

spursistan
12-07-2016, 02:51 PM
At this point I kinda wish Kawhi can get help in the back-court from Ish Smith/Jermey Lin type of players, not a couple reigning MVPs who are both capable of dropping 40 on your ass on any given night ..

12-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I guess Kawhi is not as good a scorer as Andre Miller was then :lol

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Anus is also averaging more attempts per game than Durant and Curry :lmao

Let that sink in for a moment.

How does one average more attempt than two MVPs, have those two MVPs create buckets for him and provide him gravity...Yet only Average 22ppg..significantly less than Curry and Durant

How is that even possible? :lmao

Inconsistancy makes it possible.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 03:52 PM
FGA

Thomposn 17.8 22 ppg :lmao
Curry 17.5 25ppg
Durant 16.9 27ppg

Durant and Curry gets defended by the best defenders.of every team.

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Klay has been getting cucked by none other than JR Smith his ENTIRE career including TWO Finals series: http://bkref.com/tiny/wFs7G :lmao

Klay is a rich-man's JJ ReDick, he ain't shyt without assisted baskets.

DMC
12-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Letting others get you looks is a 'scoring method'? :lol

No moron. It's called being a role player. Danny Green doesn't have a scoring method, he just depends on others to get him looks. Klaynus isn't any different. He just happens to be a much deadlier shooter with half decent handles. Hence why he's the best, most elite 3&D player in the league.

Don't people set screens for "scorers"?

Scoring is scoring. "Getting looks" is just some queer caveat blowhard fans use to feel better about their choice.

Klay is a shooter who can score the ball. Leonard is a scorer who can shoot the ball. Curry is also a shooter who can score the ball.

It doesn't mean Klay can't score inside, can't hit from different spots or even get his own shot in a system that requires it. It means he's such a fantastic shooter that he doesn't need all the extra motion and movement to get to a higher percentage shot. KL, on the other hand, prefers to drive the ball as often as not.

Both players are shooter, both are scorers. Klay is better at putting up points than is Leonard. If you put both as number 1 options on their teams, and we've seen it, Klay will blow him out of the water most of the time on pure shot making and racking up points.

Clipper Nation
12-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Not really. Consistency matters. Jamal Crawford has had "explosive nights" too, but it still doesn't mean we should ignore his career full of chucking and bricking and label him a great scorer.

DMC
12-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Klay has been getting cucked by none other than JR Smith his ENTIRE career including TWO Finals series: http://bkref.com/tiny/wFs7G :lmao

Klay is a rich-man's JJ ReDick, he ain't shyt without assisted baskets.

KL got cucked by Matt Barnes. They all get cucked. The basketball IQ of some of you idiots is amazingly low. Stick to trolling.

DMC
12-07-2016, 04:47 PM
FGA

Curry 17.5 25ppg
Durant 16.9 27ppg

And Curry defends no one so he relaxes at the other end. Durant isn't a great defender either.

When you have a guy who's that tall with that release and efficiency, you keep feeding him the ball. He's still not the 1st option. You know GD well Curry would get every shot if it were up to GS.

Fouled going to the rim (to shoot) doesn't count as a shot attempt. It just gets you to the line to pad your stats. These are things we know about Durant.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 04:58 PM

Scoring is scoring. "Getting looks" is just some queer caveat blowhard fans use to feel better about their choice.

Klay is a shooter who can score the ball. Leonard is a scorer who can shoot the ball. Curry is also a shooter who can score the ball.

It doesn't mean Klay can't score inside, can't hit from different spots or even get his own shot in a system that requires it. It means he's such a fantastic shooter that he doesn't need all the extra motion and movement to get to a higher percentage shot. KL, on the other hand, prefers to drive the ball as often as not.

Both players are shooter, both are scorers. Klay is better at putting up points than is Leonard. If you put both as number 1 options on their teams, and we've seen it, Klay will blow him out of the water most of the time on pure shot making and racking up points.

You' are legit showing your retardness.

Everyone here is already telling you that Klay is averaging first option touches. He shots the most out of anyone in Golden State yet only averages 22ppg because he is inconsistent.

I wish you brain was fat as your other.body parts.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 05:03 PM
djohn2oo8 I told you not to get into another Kawhi argument son, but you wouldn't listen. I've never seen a bigger range of arguments and facts get thrown at a poster in the history of the interwebs, tbh. :lol

DAF86
12-07-2016, 05:04 PM
And Curry defends no one so he relaxes at the other end. Durant isn't a great defender either.

When you have a guy who's that tall with that release and efficiency, you keep feeding him the ball. He's still not the 1st option. You know GD well Curry would get every shot if it were up to GS.

Fouled going to the rim (to shoot) doesn't count as a shot attempt. It just gets you to the line to pad your stats. These are things we know about Durant.

Durant >>>>>> Thompson in defense.

DMC
12-07-2016, 05:08 PM
You' are legit showing your retardness.

Everyone here is already telling you that Klay is averaging first option touches. He shots the most out of anyone in Golden State yet only averages 22ppg because he is inconsistent.

I wish you brain was fat as your other.body parts.

You are shallow.

No one posted his touches. They posted his FGA. Since fouled shot attempts that don't go in aren't considered FGA, Durant could have 4 more per game than his numbers show if he's averaging that many trips to the line from being fouled while attempting a shot.

I wish you'd have made it to that 3rd sand bar before giving up.

DMC
12-07-2016, 05:13 PM

lol ok

FkLA
12-07-2016, 05:19 PM

So he has all these other facets of his game that he's good at but simply doesn't use because he's such a good shooter? I'll just tally this up to your list of retarded comments in this thread. :lol

Steph is arguably a better shooter and he does a lot more than spot-up on offense. KD too. Simply put Klaynus isn't good enough to be elite at anything other than spot-up shooting.

When have we seen it? Klay has never averaged as many points as Kawhi will average this year. One 60 point game and one 37 point quarter isn't enough to support your point that he 'blows him out of the water'. Even last year, the evidence isn't there.

Provide something to support your shitty takes, faggot.

Raven
12-07-2016, 05:28 PM
wat

DMC
So he has all these other facets of his game that he's good at but simply doesn't use because he's such a good shooter? I'll just tally this up to your list of retarded comments in this thread. :lol

Steph is arguably a better shooter and he does a lot more than spot-up on offense. KD too. Simply put Klaynus isn't good enough to be elite at anything other than spot-up shooting.

So you think Klay is spotting up from 2pt range since most of his FGA are from that range? What's he doing, spotting at the FT line? Are teams allowing him to camp out in one spot and score 60 in 29 minutes without anyone going over to cover.. or is he transitioning better, moving without the ball and using screens to get open looks? Oh that's right, you don't know because your inability to grasp abstract concepts is why you chose engineering to begin with.

When have we seen it? Klay has never averaged as many points as Kawhi will average this year. One 60 point game and one 37 point quarter isn't enough to support your point that he 'blows him out of the water'. Even last year, the evidence isn't there.

More proof by prognostication. We can only show history, we cannot show future. Well maybe you think you can.

Provide something to support your shitty takes, faggot.
I just did.

apalisoc_9
You are shallow.

No one posted his touches. They posted his FGA. Since fouled shot attempts that don't go in aren't considered FGA, Durant could have 4 more per game than his numbers show if he's averaging that many trips to the line from being fouled while attempting a shot.

I wish you'd have made it to that 3rd sand bar before giving up.

Says the guy who just said Durant is not much of a defender. Truly showing your casual brain.

Durabeta has been the second best defender for the warriors by a long mile.

DMC
12-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Says the guy who just said Durant is not much of a defender. Truly showing your casual brain.

Durabeta has been the second best defender for the warriors by a long mile.

:rollin

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 05:34 PM
:rollin

This dude rolling thinking Durant > Thomposon on D is funny.

Folks, we have exposed DMC today as nothing but a Fat fairweahter casual.

Fat shouldnt have the libery to laugh. They're fat.

12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
FGA

Curry 17.5 25ppg
Durant 16.9 27ppg

Play is shooter, he doesn't go the FT line much. He averages about 2 FTs per game, while Curry and Durant average 5-7. So realistically Curry and a Durant shoot more than allay but attempts that result in FTs and no basket aren't counted as FGA. At least I don't think they do. If KD and Curry got 2 FTs a game like Klay they would average about 23 ppg.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 05:41 PM
So you think Klay is spotting up from 2pt range since most of his FGA are from that range? What's he doing, spotting at the FT line? Are teams allowing him to camp out in one spot and score 60 in 29 minutes without anyone going over to cover.. or is he transitioning better, moving without the ball and using screens to get open looks? Oh that's right, you don't know because your inability to grasp abstract concepts is why you chose engineering to begin with.

Or he has two all-world players players+Raymond handling the playmaking duties. You know drawing double teams, penetrating and causing defenses to collapse on them. The kind of shit real superstars do. 85% of his FGs are assisted. Considerably higher than any other star swingman. Numbers don't lie.

More proof by prognostication. We can only show history, we cannot show future. Well maybe you think you can.

Ok, Klay has never averaged as many points as Kawhi is averaging.

Show me the history that shows Klaynus 'blows him out of the water'. Last year sure as hell doesn't show it.

I just did.

Where? Show me something other than 'he scored 60 once' or he had a '37 point qtr once'. :lol

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Play is shooter, he doesn't go the FT line much. He averages about 2 FTs per game, while Curry and Durant average 5-7. So realistically Curry and a Durant shoot more than allay but attempts that result in FTs and no basket aren't counted as FGA. At least I don't think they do. If KD and Curry got 2 FTs a game like Klay they would average about 23 ppg.

Which goes back to the root of why he shouldt even be considered a top 15 player. He only does one thing at an Elite level and thats shooting. He would get exposed without legit playmakers because he cant score out of Iso, he cant dribble, he cant run Pick and Rolls etc.

He's one dimensional player that isnt evem the fourth defender in his team.

Not even a top 20 player.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Truth.

DMC
12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Which goes back to the root of why he shouldt even be considered a top 15 player. He only does one thing at an Elite level and thats shooting. He would get exposed without legit playmakers because he cant score out of Iso, he cant dribble, he cant run Pick and Rolls etc.

He's one dimensional player that isnt evem the fourth defender in his team.

Not even a top 20 player.

12-07-2016, 05:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eDZfKgStMKlay is elite off the ball getting to his spots and as a cutter. I haven't seen this video, but if you watch Bballbreakdowns breakdown of his 60 point game, a lot of his scores came from great cuts to the basket and him being able to get his shot off even with a hand in his face... had nothing to do with KD and Curry. Most of the time he was receiving passes from the big man(Zara).

Only two instances I can remember where having Curry and KD helped him that game and one was an insane one handed pass Curry got to him in transition for three and one where he drove to the basket and Curry/KD gravity made the help come late so he got FTs. Other than that he "created" his own points that game by being an elite shooter and cutter.

Obviously he's not being guarded by the team's best defender, but still impressive nonetheless. I don't remember Kawhi being guarded by the other team's best defender when LeBron and Sefalosha used to guard TP, so whatever.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 05:51 PM

Back to Emojis...Dude, you're the first PROVEN fatass on this board. You shouldbt have the will to even laugh. :lmao

DMC
12-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Back to Emojis...Dude, you're the first PROVEN fatass on this board. You shouldbt have the will to even laugh. :lmao

Pinoyta! Watch it fall apart.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Klay is elite off the ball getting to his spots and as a cutter. I haven't seen this video, but if you watch Bballbreakdowns breakdown of his 60 point game, a lot of his scores came from great cuts to the basket and him being able to get his shot off even with a hand in his face... had nothing to do with KD and Curry. Most of the time he was receiving passes from the big man(Zara).

Only two instances I can remember where having Curry and KD helped him that game and one was an insane one handed pass Curry got to him in transition for three and one where he drove to the basket and Curry/KD gravity made the help come late so he got FTs. Other than that he "created" his own points that game by being an elite shooter and cutter.

Obviously he's not being guarded by the team's best defender, but still impressive nonetheless. I don't remember Kawhi being guarded by the other team's best defender when LeBron and Sefalosha used to guard TP, so whatever.

Does Klay average 60 ppg or something? Does he average 37 pp quarter? He averaged 22 ppg last year. Will probably average around the same this year.

And it's not about direct assists from KD or Steph. It's about the fact that they're the ones initiating the offense. Forcing defenses to collapse, to scramble to help, drawing double teams. That's a big part of being a No. 1...you make shit easier for your role players. Klaynus doesn't do that. He is one of the role players benefitting from others playmaking. 85% of his FGs are assisted, no other star swingman is over 50%. Let that sink in.

DMC
12-07-2016, 06:12 PM
kIQwAiBVFgs

Yeah, Klay just stands around.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 06:17 PM
lol ok

wat

Go check all the defensive metrics and get back at me. Durant is top 5 among SF and top 30 overall. Klay doesn't even appear on the top 40 SG (he's behind James Har_en :lol).

I don't know where this perception of Klay Thompson being anything more than an average defender came but it just isn't truth. Durant on the other hand is very underrated on that end and when engaged he can become a lockdown perimeter defender as well as a terrific rim protector. Anyone that watches games with a couple of functional eyes can realize that Durant >>>>>>>> Thompson on D.

DMC
12-07-2016, 06:19 PM
James Harden might be Kawhi fucking Leonard if he engages but we know better.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM
James Harden might be Kawhi fucking Leonard if he engages but we know better.

The thing is that even without engaging KD is still >>>>>> Thompson on D.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM
kIQwAiBVFgs

Yeah, Klay just stands around.

Nobody is saying that he literally stays glued to one spot, idiot. Danny Green and Patty Mills run to open spots too.

Also, I can't seem to get an answer. Does Klaynus average 60 ppg? 37 pp quarter?

FkLA
12-07-2016, 06:26 PM
DMC: 'Your'e complaining cause Kawhi has to create his own shots.'
FkLA: 'Who says players don't create their own shots in the post?'
DMC: *runs away from the question*

DMC: 'Kawhi is a mediocre offensive player.'
FkLA: 'Who do you consider a scorer? How do you rank them? Why is Klaynus a better scorer if he averages less points?'

DMC: 'Klaynus blows him away as a No. 1. We've seen it.'
FkLA: When have we seen it? Scoring 60 once is your proof?

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Go check all the defensive metrics and get back at me. Durant is top 5 among SF and top 30 overall. Klay doesn't even appear on the top 40 SG (he's behind James Har_en :lol).

I don't know where this perception of Klay Thompson being anything more than an average defender came but it just isn't truth. Durant on the other hand is very underrated on that end and when engaged he can become a lockdown perimeter defender as well as a terrific rim protector. Anyone that watches games with a couple of functional eyes can realize that Durant >>>>>>>> Thompson on D.

Durant is basically playing Center for them :lol

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Nobody is saying that he literally stays glued to one spot, idiot. Danny Green and Patty Mills run to open spots too.

Also, I can't seem to get an answer. Does Klaynus average 60 ppg? 37 pp quarter?

Did Kobe average 81ppg? Did Gervin average 33 a quarter?

Don't be a bigger douchebag than you already are, Paco.

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:20 PM
DMC: 'Your'e complaining cause Kawhi has to create his own shots.'
FkLA: 'Who says players don't create their own shots in the post?'

DMC: 'Kawhi is a mediocre offensive player.'
FkLA: 'Who do you consider a scorer? How do you rank them? Why is Klaynus a better scorer if he averages less points?'

DMC: 'Klaynus blows him away as a No. 1. We've seen it.'
FkLA: When have we seen it? Scoring 60 once is your proof?

When has KL ever scored even 40?

Usain Bolt doesn't average his top speed. You just didn't get good engineering training to think top = average.

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:21 PM
The thing is that even without engaging KD is still >>>>>> Thompson on D.

You're an idiot. Even without engaging.

Goddamn I have plowed the fields on this fucking farm. Plowed them I say.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Did Kobe average 81ppg? Did Gervin average 33 a quarter?

Don't be a bigger douchebag than you already are, Paco.

Oh, you mean that guys averaged more than 30 ppg several times in their careers and didn't depend on others to get them shots?

Yeah, lets compare them to a guy who hasn't averaged 23 ppg once and who has 85% of his FGs assisted.

When has KL ever scored even 40?

Usain Bolt doesn't average his top speed. You just didn't get good engineering training to think top = average.

Wow, so you literally are using one 60 point outburst as your argument. Jesus you are dumb.

So Klaynus' once a year outburst is more explosive than Kawhi's. Who gives a shit? He also has a lot more games than Kawhi were he looks pedestrian on the offensive end. Bolt averages times that destroys the competition in the 100m/200m. Klaynus averages 22 ppg. Stop with the retarded comparisons.

whitemamba
12-07-2016, 07:33 PM

Sup DMC? Or should I say WarrenG...

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Sup DMC? Or should I say WarrenG...

Can a player play? :wakeup

:bobo

FkLA
12-07-2016, 07:40 PM

You're really revealing yourself as a huge idiot in this thread. I actually never realized how dumb you are. I figured you were just being too much of a loud, pompous asshole to take an L but nah you're just dumb.

He literally told you to go look at any defensive metric. What he meant was that he might not be a shutdown defender night in and night out (bc he's not always engaged enough to be one), but his defensive efforts are still better than Klaynus'. The numbers show that.

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:44 PM
You're really revealing yourself as a huge idiot in this thread. I actually never realized how dumb you are. I figured you were just being too much of a loud, pompous asshole to take an L but nah you're just dumb.

He literally told you to go look at any defensive metric. What he meant was that he might not be a shutdown defender night in and night out (bc he's not always engaged enough to be one), but his defensive efforts are still better than Klaynus'. The numbers show that.

The wall can't come fast enough.

Bitches keep knocking at my gotdamn door.. keep coming back for it. Go away ho.

FkLA
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM
The wall can't come fast enough.

Bitches keep knocking at my gotdamn door.. keep coming back for it. Go away ho.

Dunning–Kruger Effect

a cognitive bias (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_bias) in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority), mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metacognition) incapacity, on the part of those with low ability, to recognize their ineptitude and evaluate their competence accurately

12-07-2016, 07:47 PM
DMC taking Ls ITT tbh :lol

apalisoc_9
12-07-2016, 07:49 PM
DMC taking Ls ITT tbh :lol

He's the only legit guy in the website that has proven to be a giant fatso..I think he's taken more L in life. :lol

djohn2oo8
12-07-2016, 07:58 PM
No you dumbass. Cobsistancy is what makes an offense.

When you are a 24ppg guy with less than half of your points unassisted, it means you work to get your points. Not to mention he actually runs the pick and roll for his team with virtually limited gravity from his teamates.

Really think you don't understand what makes a scorer. Kawhi can't score as easily as Klay, that's why Kawhi's FG% has gone down from last year with more attempts so far this year...And if we look at it, Klay is a better scorer.

3pt %
Klay: 39% ( BTW, Klay has shot better from 3 every season except one, nothing to do with assists. Klay is just a better shooter.)
Kawhi: 38%

Advantage Klay, and for their careers it's Klay as well.

2Pt FG% 2016

Klay: 55%
Kawhi: 49%

This year, advantage Klay. Kawhi's 2pt % has gone down with more shot attempts from last year. Again, Kawhi can't score as easily.

Overall FG%

Klay: 48%
Kawhi: 46% (down from last year with more shot attempts, while Klay's % has gone up with more shot attempts)

Klay is the better scorer

DMC
12-07-2016, 07:59 PM
He's the only legit guy in the website that has proven to be a giant fatso..I think he's taken more L in life. :lol

Be@ners and Pinoys hoping to be Americans fluffing each other.