PDA

View Full Version : Pop: "Winning a Championship is not a priority in my life"

spursistan
12-05-2016, 01:57 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao...

Fire this TOSB coach..He's lost all fire for the game..He can go impact society in politics or another field..You don't get paid 10 millions per annum for it..

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 01:58 PM
I think we've all known this since 2014, tbh:lol

Pop is a cultured, intelligent man..there's only so long you can expect him to care passionately about a game..

lefty
12-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Perspective : he is talking to students

alpha_HaZE
12-05-2016, 02:01 PM

This! What do you expect him to say, go out there and be killers, if you don't cheat you don't work hard enough?

lefty
12-05-2016, 02:02 PM
I think we've all known this since 2014, tbh:lol..
:lol

Dre_7
12-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Context is everything. Gotta read his entire answer. He said they will try hard to win a title like they do every year, but that there are other things more important than basketball.

spursistan
12-05-2016, 02:16 PM
eh..nearly 70 year-old, a wine-connoisseur, and social/political issues dabbler (increasingly so) ..at this point, blowing a gasket for a missed defensive rotation by a Simmons or Fathead shooting caginess isn't worth all the hassle..

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 02:25 PM
He'd need to get on his stars like he gets on Kyle or Simmons.... I don't even see him get on them anymore like he used to either. I see Messina coaching the youngsters a lot. I think he coached at least the second half of the Mavs games at home.

Perspective yes, but he's sincere.

Dre_7
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM
eh..nearly 70 year-old, a wine-connoisseur, and social/political issues dabbler (increasingly so) ..at this point, blowing a gasket for a missed defensive rotation by a Simmons or Fathead shooting caginess isn't worth all the hassle..

Yet he still gets on his players when they don't play well. Go figure

spursistan
12-05-2016, 02:34 PM
He'd need to get on his stars like he gets on Kyle or Simmons.... I don't even see him get on them anymore like he used to either. I see Messina coaching the youngsters a lot. I think he coached at least the second half of the Mavs games at home.

Perspective yes, but he's sincere.

:tu

In his heart of hearts, I think he is content with 5 championships, which is fine for him individually; but for the Spurs, the professional organization they are, it is not..

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 02:36 PM

Exactly. But to many on here "Pop doesn't care!" SMH pathetic...

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 02:36 PM

People will see what they want to see.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Pop has benched Kawhi/Green/LMA/Pau or whoever several times this year if they missed a defensive assignment/rotation or don't communicate. Idk where this stuff started that Pop doesn't get on his star players came from, it's what many respect most about him. :huh

Younger guys sometimes do need to be coached harder. Look how hard Pop was on TP when he first came in the league. The good thing about Pop is he understands what each player needs in order for him to get his message across. There's no blanket 1 size fits all way to get on his players. Every individual is different.

spursistan
12-05-2016, 02:40 PM

the "soft"/"disrespect" cards are played out..He should take blame for both as he's pussified his own players with his rest shtick (25 yo, summer-off, never-averaged-35MPG-in-his-career Kiwi is complaining about hectic schedule :lmao) and is giving bottom dwellers impetus to play harder with these mass-DNPs..

He is contributing to the problem..

Bartleby
12-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Fire Pop!

Dre_7
12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Ya'll are nuts! You want to win titles right? Firing Pop will guarantee the Spurs wont contend for a title the next few years. People will see what they want I guess.

Mikeanaro
12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Yes but at the same time... he doesnt have TD anymore (Popbitch covers his ass)

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 02:51 PM

He's referenced the same belief even with TD here. :wakeup

coachmac87
12-05-2016, 02:59 PM
People on this board tend to take things literally and not seriously tbh....

cd98
12-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Pop has gone soft. Sure, its important for players to contribute to society (as it is for everyone else), but that's really a silly and self aggrandizing answer to assume somehow he is better than "just winning a championship." How about making it a priority like the rest of us make excellence in our jobs a priority (ignore that I am writing this during business hours).

MultiTroll
12-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Pop has gone soft. Sure, its important for players to contribute to society (as it is for everyone else), but that's really a silly and self aggrandizing answer to assume somehow he is better than "just winning a championship." How about making it a priority like the rest of us make excellence in our jobs a priority.

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 03:08 PM
... well I can just see the young Pop players hearing this and thinking: "Well, winning a championship is not a priority in my basketball career. For Pop, basketball isn't everything. I am going to be a whole person with good values, thus happy... and if we lose, we lose. I am still happy" :lol

hater
12-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Well hes a 65+ year old millionaire and 5 time champ. Of course he doesnt give a shit anymore :lol

Spur|n|Austin
12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
People that complain about Pop around here are really going to miss him when he's gone. Pop's still top dawg coach of the association.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Pop has gone soft. Sure, its important for players to contribute to society (as it is for everyone else), but that's really a silly and self aggrandizing answer to assume somehow he is better than "just winning a championship." How about making it a priority like the rest of us make excellence in our jobs a priority (ignore that I am writing this during business hours).

Yet he made similar comments after the 2013 finals at some point, and look at how he coached in 2014.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 03:11 PM
People that complain about Pop around here are really going to miss him when he's gone. Pop's still top dawg coach of the association.

Yup. So funny to see people comment on here like they know for a fact Pop doesn't care anymore.

MultiTroll
12-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Yet he made similar comments after the 2013 finals at some point, and look at how he coached in 2014.
links?

spurs10
12-05-2016, 03:24 PM
People might want to read the article which has nothing to do with basketball. Pop, along with all the Spurs and the Holts, hosted Dr. Cornel West to speak to about 350 kids about their value in the community and the world today. Although this has been planned well before the election, he did make mention how in light of the harsh dialogue in recent times, it was important that kids know that they are cared for.

They also spoke about the tragic murder of the police detective and how important it was for the kids to be a positive voice in the community. So it wasn't about the team winning a championship at all. Once again the Spurs organization has shown that they value their community and are willing to reach out to the people. I applaud them loudly for this. Manu had some great words to say about Dr. Cornel West who has"been fighting the fight" against social injustice for a long time.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 04:23 PM
links?

It may have been a thing on video/audio talking about this after the title loss, I can't remember. I know for sure this is not the first time he's alluded to other things being bigger than basketball.

Popovich had wasted no time trying to heal his players' spirits after Game 6, taking the team to a nearby Italian restaurant late that night to enjoy each other's company and, in essence, wipe their mental slate clean.
"From the minute we left the arena, it was about mental recovery more than anything, and putting things in perspective, getting to the point where you slap yourself and you don't cry about it and pity yourself and move on and realize that somehow or other you earned two chances to win one game to be NBA champions," Popovich said. "That's pretty cool to have that opportunity. So that's been the emphasis, to get to that point so that cup fills up again and past is past, and go compete."

That putting things in perspective talk is kind of what he alluded to in another interview re: basketball & life in general.

Popovich went on to explain how he handles adversity, and how he teaches his players to handle failure:
"In today's world, if you don't win the whole thing, whether it's football or basketball, or this and that, people have a tendency to paint you as a loser or act like you just robbed the cookie jar. Well that's baloney.
"It didn't happen for us, but is everything going to go your way in life? You think you're on the Earth and everything you want to happen to you is going to happen to you positively? The measure of who we are is how we react to something that doesn't go our way."

Yes, we’re disciplined with what we do. But that’s not enough. Relationships with people are what it’s all about. You have to make players realize you care about them. And they have to care about each other and be interested in each other. Then they start to feel a responsibility toward each other. Then they want to do for each other.

And I have always thought it helps if you can make it fun, and one of the ways you do that is let them think you’re a little crazy, that you’re interested in things outside of basketball. ‘Are there weapons of mass destruction? Or aren’t there? What, don’t you read the papers?’ You have to give the message that the world is wider than a basketball court.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gregg-popovichs-amazing-philosophy-on-failure-2014-11

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2013/06/21/tim-duncan-gregg-popovich-san-antonio-spurs-vs-miami-heat-finals-game-7/2444085/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1870815-breaking-down-gregg-popovichs-extremely-successful-san-antonio-spurs-system

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 04:27 PM
People might want to read the article which has nothing to do with basketball. Pop, along with all the Spurs and the Holts, hosted Dr. Cornel West to speak to about 350 kids about their value in the community and the world today. Although this has been planned well before the election, he did make mention how in light of the harsh dialogue in recent times, it was important that kids know that they are cared for.

They also spoke about the tragic murder of the police detective and how important it was for the kids to be a positive voice in the community. So it wasn't about the team winning a championship at all. Once again the Spurs organization has shown that they value their community and are willing to reach out to the people. I applaud them loudly for this. Manu had some great words to say about Dr. Cornel West who has"been fighting the fight" against social injustice for a long time.

Exactly. It's crazy how people will jump to the conclusion that Pop no longer cares about coaching or winning anymore. If he got to that point, there is no doubt in my mind he would walk away.

TimDunkem
12-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Pop has benched Kawhi/Green/LMA/Pau or whoever several times this year if they missed a defensive assignment/rotation or don't communicate. Idk where this stuff started that Pop doesn't get on his star players came from, it's what many respect most about him. :huh

SAGirl in particular is just looking for any excuse as to why her fuck fantasy Fathead isn't performing at an NBA level.

Mikeanaro
12-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Exactly. It's crazy how people will jump to the conclusion that Pop no longer cares about coaching or winning anymore. If he got to that point, there is no doubt in my mind he would walk away.
He is not about winning anymore, look what happened when refs fucked us 2 games in the Playoffs vs OKC he was passive like a dead man walking.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 04:44 PM
He is not about winning anymore, look what happened when refs fucked us 2 games in the Playoffs vs OKC he was passive like a dead man walking.

Ok, so I ask, what should he have done that would've changed the outcome?

Should he have flipped out like a mad man at the refs/league?

He was passive after the 2013 finals, hell he even laughed it up with Wade/James after the game, but that doesn't mean he isn't burning inside as we clearly saw the following season. You really think he didn't care that TD was going out like that? Please... Yes we got screwed over a couple games, but we had too many guys not show up or just get outworked.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 04:48 PM
SAGirl in particular is just looking for any excuse as to why her fuck fantasy Fathead isn't performing at an NBA level.

I certainly would not word it like that, I try and respect folks opinions and what not. But I do think that's the case sometimes when I see some of the shots she takes at Pop. There are agendas on this site in generall, far too many lol. Far less appreciation than there should be for players/coaches IMO

I especially find it mind-boggling as we only get a small sample of what Pop does. There's lots more happening behind the scenes in practices and video sessions and what not that we have no clue about

Nathan89
12-05-2016, 04:56 PM
It's Udoka's time to become head coach tbh

spurs1990
12-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Julianna Holt feel free to put this fella out of his misery if he flames out in May again.

bklynspursfan
12-05-2016, 05:00 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1fepks.jpg

FromWayDowntown
12-05-2016, 05:05 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1fepks.jpg

Wishing you good luck with that on this board. Many do get it; many of the most vocal don't.

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Julianna Holt feel free to put this fella out of his misery if he flames out in May again.
:toast

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Wishing you good luck with that on this board. Many do get it; many of the most vocal don't.
Some of it is a sense of humor, something that escapes some fans.

I do think Pop doesn't have that flame burning like he used to.. But hey when he has won over 1000 games for his career, 5 rings and is soon going to be 70, it's only natural that this Pop is not the Pop from 20 seasons ago. That is not even that farfetched to think about. Who has the same fire at nearly 70 than they did when they first started their job and had to compete real hard to even stay afloat?

Realities of life. Pop isn't that hungry.

spurs10
12-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Indeed! :bobo

Down Under
12-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Pop is almost sounding exactly like LeBron these days. Those two are pretty close I suspect.

Mikeanaro
12-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Ok, so I ask, what should he have done that would've changed the outcome?

Should he have flipped out like a mad man at the refs/league?

He was passive after the 2013 finals, hell he even laughed it up with Wade/James after the game, but that doesn't mean he isn't burning inside as we clearly saw the following season. You really think he didn't care that TD was going out like that? Please... Yes we got screwed over a couple games, but we had too many guys not show up or just get outworked.
Scream his fucking lungs out to the media because everybody saw that those games were stolen, even a retard knows that

Yes, because it was stolen do you like to get screwed? whats the point of compete if you are gonna get fucked so badly?

He is a sore pussy you cant joke when you are being tackled down by a pair of suits, yet he has no problems to talk shit about Trump when he had all the time in the world to support Hillary, but this 67 year old chose to joke with his VOTE FOR PEDRO shirt, and then complain like a dumb snowflake.

By the way... his fake military ass should understand that they are tools of the government, so he cant even have an opinion about it because is not his business, oh but I forgot he is a fake military clown, lots of books and no action.

T_L_P
12-05-2016, 06:18 PM
All Timmy wanted to do was ring again...and Pop wasted his great 2015 season by being a pussy.

GSH
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM

Pop is a cultured, intelligent man..there's only so long you can expect him to care passionately about a game..

I can tell you how long he can be expected to care passionately about a game - EXACTLY as long as he's the coach of an NBA team. To the minute.

I don't know the context of the quote, but you obviously believe that he doesn't care enough about the game anymore, because he's so "cultured and intelligent". If you're right, he should make way for a coach who is less cultured, and more passionate about winning a championship.

TD 21
12-05-2016, 06:34 PM
When you're making $11M annually, you better have a high give a shit level about a game, or at least pretend to publicly. To do anything less is insulting.

That being said, I think he cares a lot more deeply than he's proud to admit to even himself, so he plays up this "more to life" and "there's only so much satisfaction you can get from a game" shtick. He also loves to be contrarian and different. That's why, in part, he does all this extracurricular team stuff.

I wouldn't say he's content with 5 championships, but he'd be delusional to not realize a 6th is an extreme long shot.

:lmao

diego
12-05-2016, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen many games this year but the ones I have seen I thought pop has been pretty engaged and animated. Sure he makes mistakes, as do the players, the FO, and everyone else. Somebody here think Carlisle or Kerr or Walton or anyone else would get more out of this team?
As much as I can disagree with pop about certain decisions over the years, no other coach I'd take over him. Theres much more to coaching than just rotations or handling mistakes in game. And it's pretty transparent that a lot of the people criticizing him now are butthurt that pop called out Trump for his bigotry. He's had the exact same attitude, made the same kind of statements since at least 2010 about basketball being just a game and now it's a problem? :rolleyes

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2016, 07:04 PM

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Smh at the people who want him fired. Gotta be inbred Trump supporters

Coach Bud is .500 in the shitty East. Good luck finding a replacement that doesn't leave Kawhi on the bench because he forgot he was on the team :lol

Carlisle and Luke Walton ain't walking thru those doors and into an empty stadium anytime soon.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 07:29 PM
I can tell you how long he can be expected to care passionately about a game - EXACTLY as long as he's the coach of an NBA team. To the minute.

I don't know the context of the quote, but you obviously believe that he doesn't care enough about the game anymore, because he's so "cultured and intelligent". If you're right, he should make way for a coach who is less cultured, and more passionate about winning a championship.

I don't have a problem with him not caring as much..it's not like the Spurs could ever find a better alternative, tbh..he's been overrated as a coach the past few years(still the GOAT, though), but he's still in the top tier..

I have no doubt that he doesn't care as much as he used to, though..the comments he's made the past few years are indicative of that IMO..he never used to behave that way in the past, unless people believe he's a huge attention whore that just says things to play up to a shtick..

mbass
12-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Pop "retired" when Duncan retired.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't really have a problem with anybody that stopped caring as much following the 2014 title, tbh..it was the perfect ending to the Duncan era..some of the best and most dominant basketball ever played, the best chemistry you'll ever see on an NBA court..

As a fan, I definitely don't care as much since that run, and I've heard many people here echo that:lol

Hoops Czar
12-05-2016, 07:50 PM
I don't have a problem with him not caring as much..it's not like the Spurs could ever find a better alternative, tbh..he's been overrated as a coach the past few years(still the GOAT, though), but he's still in the top tier..

I have no doubt that he doesn't care as much as he used to, though..the comments he's made the past few years are indicative of that IMO..he never used to behave that way in the past, unless people believe he's a huge attention whore that just says things to play up to a shtick..

The Spurs could never find a better coaching alternative to one that doesn't care? When you get to the point where you no longer care, it's time to step away.

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2016, 08:01 PM
The Spurs could never find a better coaching alternative to one that doesn't care? When you get to the point where you no longer care, it's time to step away.

Care as much as before..

pgardn
12-05-2016, 09:15 PM
... well I can just see the young Pop players hearing this and thinking: "Well, winning a championship is not a priority in my basketball career. For Pop, basketball isn't everything. I am going to be a whole person with good values, thus happy... and if we lose, we lose. I am still happy" :lol

Oh you just know Pop is telling the players they are good folks so 35 pts in a half is just beautiful stuff.

ducks
12-05-2016, 10:09 PM

He is not intelligent with his politically views

Pauleta14
12-05-2016, 10:33 PM

This!

You're a bunch of idiots who can't appreciate the luxury of having this unique guy coaching the team we love for so long...

Pop is the GOAT

J_Paco
12-06-2016, 12:38 AM
:toast

Only a modern-day, bandwagon fan would want the greatest coach in franchise history (and top 5 all-time) fired. Even if meant or agreed in jest.

Fuck the annoying, cry baby fans that take every turn to disrespect Pop, Tony, Timmy, Kawhi, Manu or anyone else.

Can't wait to see what they say once this team is middle of the pack and the lead coaching position is a turnstile.

SAGirl
12-06-2016, 12:40 AM
Only a modern-day, bandwagon fan would want the greatest coach in franchise history (and top 5 all-time) fired. Even if meant or agreed in jest.

Fuck the annoying, cry baby fans that take every turn to disrespect Pop, Tony, Timmy, Kawhi, Manu or anyone else.

Can't wait to see what they say once this team is middle of the pack and the lead coach is a turnstile.
You need to chill out and have some sense of humor man.
Can't come in this forum and be this sensitive ...

LoneStarState'sPride
12-06-2016, 12:48 AM

You're correct, but I see pussies up in here day in and day out posting away.

Your pussy (ironically and commendably) notwithstanding.

J_Paco
12-06-2016, 12:51 AM

Not being "sensitive," just find it annoying that people outside the organization think they can psycho analyze these men at every step.

"Tony/Manu hate each other, Tony resents Kawhi, LaMarcus hates his teammates and Pop doesn't care anymore" are just some of the repetitive drivel around here.

I doubt Pop would be out there coaching, away from his family, travelling non-stop, still if he didn't care. Especially at his advanced age when most individuals in the States are enjoying retirement.

spurs10
12-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Again this town hall was not about basketball, but about making the world a better place. He was conveying to a kid that their lives and the lives of his players are more important than simply winning basketball games. He was very articulate. "We need more attention to healing the atmosphere for a lot of minority groups, whether it's racial or things that have been said about women and handicapped people or any such talk..." Pop invited Dr. Cornel West to empower these kids. I don't think it's a reflection either way on his passion for winning games.

He gets paid the big bucks because his team is the most winning team of all team sports for the last 19 years. That is fucking amazing- hockey, football, soccer, baseball, basketball- the Spurs are the most winning team in all of them. I believe Pop is the greatest leader and coach in the NBA and it's no accident he's been chosen to coach our national team. Right on Pop!!

Biernutz
12-06-2016, 03:00 AM
Pop the philosopher. Still but hurt that Hillary didn't win. Here is

some of the dribble from Pop:“Win the championship? I don’t know, but it’s not a priority in my life.
I’d be much happier if I knew that my players were going to make society better".
Does Pop have a fallout shelter in the Dominion or a survival house in New Zealand?
Who is Pop now? Phill Jackson

https://www.thenation.com/article/soul-men-coach-pop-and-cornel-west/

Mnky
12-06-2016, 03:31 AM
Again this town hall was not about basketball, but about making the world a better place. He was conveying to a kid that their lives and the lives of his players are more important than simply winning basketball games. He was very articulate. "We need more attention to healing the atmosphere for a lot of minority groups, whether it's racial or things that have been said about women and handicapped people or any such talk..." Pop invited Dr. Cornel West to empower these kids. I don't think it's a reflection either way on his passion for winning games.

He gets paid the big bucks because his team is the most winning team of all team sports for the last 19 years. I believe Pop is the greatest leader and coach in the NBA and it's no accident he's been chosen to coach our national team. Right on Pop!!

You can't argue with a fool, you'll only be dragged down to their level. Many of the posters didn't even bother reading the article, and it is quite apparent. That quote by Pop was one of the greatest quotes I've ever read by a coach, and to do it improv just shows how great of a man he is naturally. He mentioned how hard they will fight to win a championship and it's their focus when its basketball focus, but life focus, there is so much than throwing a ball into a hoop for imaginary points.

Pop is easily the best coach, and people of this forum who have all been convinced their opinions are much more vital to the existence of man than they really are, are beyond spoiled to believe otherwise. A question often asked is, who do you replace Pop with if he's gone? No one ever has a legitimate answer to that, becuase you cant. He's as much to the franchise as Tim Duncan was, and his impact now goes beyond Duncan.

A great quote, and another reason to believe in this team, as he definitely understands the aspect of competitive sports that must respect the outside world it caters to.

spurs10
12-06-2016, 03:35 AM
Pop the philosopher. Still but hurt that Hillary didn't win. Here is

some of the dribble from Pop:“Win the championship? I don’t know, but it’s not a priority in my life.
I’d be much happier if I knew that my players were going to make society better".
Does Pop have a fallout shelter in the Dominion or a survival house in New Zealand?
Who is Pop now? Phil Jackson

https://www.thenation.com/article/soul-men-coach-pop-and-cornel-west/

If you think making "society better" is "dribble" then you are exactly the person he is talking about. He is trying to encourage the children to be less like you. Maybe English is your second language, but your comments on their very positive town hall with the kids is pretty incoherent. How does Pop resemble Phil Jackson in any of his statements and pro-children initiatives? Yes he was succinctly referring to Trump's disturbing comments about minorities, women, and the disabled. He's been very clear that he find that rhetoric reprehensible- as it is. Are you from Germany? You are thankfully in the minority there if so.

spurs10
12-06-2016, 03:44 AM
You can't argue with a fool, you'll only be dragged down to their level. Many of the posters didn't even bother reading the article, and it is quite apparent. That quote by Pop was one of the greatest quotes I've ever read by a coach, and to do it improv just shows how great of a man he is naturally. He mentioned how hard they will fight to win a championship and it's their focus when its basketball focus, but life focus, there is so much than throwing a ball into a hoop for imaginary points.

Pop is easily the best coach, and people of this forum who have all been convinced their opinions are much more vital to the existence of man than they really are, are beyond spoiled to believe otherwise. A question often asked is, who do you replace Pop with if he's gone? No one ever has a legitimate answer to that, becuase you cant. He's as much to the franchise as Tim Duncan was, and his impact now goes beyond Duncan.

A great quote, and another reason to believe in this team, as he definitely understands the aspect of competitive sports that must respect the outside world it caters to.
Exactly! A great and inspiring quote! It makes me proud to be a Spurs fan knowing his and the team's intolerance for racist and misogynistic rhetoric. It does indeed speak to a broader audience than rural America. Great post!

Em-City
12-06-2016, 08:05 AM
If you think making "society better" is "dribble" then you are exactly the person he is talking about. He is trying to encourage the children to be less like you. Maybe English is your second language, but your comments on their very positive town hall with the kids is pretty incoherent. How does Pop resemble Phil Jackson in any of his statements and pro-children initiatives? Yes he was succinctly referring to Trump's disturbing comments about minorities, women, and the disabled. He's been very clear that he find that rhetoric reprehensible- as it is. Are you from Germany? You are thankfully in the minority there if so.

This

Clipper Nation
12-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Why is Pop lecturing people about social justice when he's a racist? :lol

The right answer to that question would have been telling those kids that he strives for excellence in his job (which in his case means winning championships) and that when they get jobs, they should strive for excellence too. Instead, the highest-paid coach in the NBA (shouldn't this hypocrite be redistributing all his wealth, BTW?) told the world how little he cares about his job.

pgardn
12-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Not being "sensitive," just find it annoying that people outside the organization think they can psycho analyze these men at every step.

"Tony/Manu hate each other, Tony resents Kawhi, LaMarcus hates his teammates and Pop doesn't care anymore" are just some of the repetitive drivel around here.

I doubt Pop would be out there coaching, away from his family, travelling non-stop, still if he didn't care. Especially at his advanced age when most individuals in the States are enjoying retirement.

Exactly.

Pop also has a wife who has been sick before.

And for Christ sakes, Pop was addressing kid(s)

pgardn
12-06-2016, 10:33 AM

The right answer to that question would have been telling those kids that he strives for excellence in his job (which in his case means winning championships) and that when they get jobs, they should strive for excellence too. Instead, the highest-paid coach in the NBA (shouldn't this hypocrite be redistributing all his wealth, BTW?) told the world how little he cares about his job.

Oh good God.

Yeah that's good also.
And you don't think Pop believes what you stated. You say and write what you feel at the time. He was not preparing for a debate. You are still sore about Pop on Trump. Which is understandable.

Chillen
12-06-2016, 01:07 PM
No it seems bashing Donald Trump is, lol. Pop is one of the games greatest coaches, but if he lacks the fire for another NBA title maybe he should just retire.

Bynumite
12-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Pop's not stupid. The best player on the spurs is a glorified role player. The contending days are over, might as well paint himself in a good light and pretend he's chasing higher causes, when in fact he knows the spurs are doomed and Kiwi won't lead them past the 2nd round.

Pauleta14
12-06-2016, 01:54 PM

So for you the 1st goal of any human being is to be productive at their job and strive for excellence??? :lol

Man, you need to chill and enjoy life a bit...