PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this team w/ a LEGIT starting point-guard.....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Based on tonight's performance, Softridge has more to offer than what he has shown in the past so we should probably be patients with him & see if he has turned the corner. But what he did tonight, especially on defense, is in-line w/ what Millsap does on a regular basis so it probably makes sense to swap him if there is an offer on the table. (Dedmon/Millsap/Kawhi would be the best defensive frontcourt)

Whatever happens, I would try swapping Pau for Dragic by shipping Pau to Boston (his kind of city) & having them send Smart/Amir Johnson to the Heat. (Throw Kyle in the deal if the Celtics wants him::lol)

Dragic would be the starter by default considering that Porker is now breaking down in the middle of games every other week like Deron Williams.:lol

Joel Anthony can be picked up to play backup center & assuming LMA doesn't get moved, he can play center to finish games.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2016, 11:26 PM
*Shooting guard

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2016, 11:26 PM
*Shooting guard

Simmons:wakeup

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Simmons:wakeup
Fine by me :tu

Kylefan disrespecting him doesn't cloud my opinion on Juice

SAGirl
12-05-2016, 11:29 PM
An elite or near all star PG would place the team over the top, but Spurs are likely standing pat and so long as the team is winning, why mess it up.
That is what is going on in Pop's head.

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2016, 11:31 PM
An elite or near all star PG would place the team over the top, but Spurs are likely standing pat.

Start sending hate mail to Pau so he demands to be traded to the most racist city in the country.:toast

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Fine by me :tu

Kylefan disrespecting him doesn't cloud my opinion on Juice

They can still trade Danny for Rudy.

Crunch-time line-up:

LMA
Rudy
Kawhi
Simmons
Dragic

:wow

Rudy w/ that finesse LMA 2-way game:

BKmX4zQvEwo

Dragic w/ that MVPorker playmaking/scoring:

aWbW5VMTL0o

apalisoc_9
12-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Rudy gay? Not your best thread bro.

DAF86
12-05-2016, 11:56 PM
They can still trade Danny for Rudy.

Crunch-time line-up:

LMA
Rudy
Kawhi
Simmons
Dragic

:wow

Rudy w/ that finesse LMA 2-way game:

BKmX4zQvEwo

Dragic w/ that MVPorker playmaking/scoring:

aWbW5VMTL0o

Rudy guy? Seriously? :lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Rudy gay? Not your best thread bro.

That was a retort to TGY's suggesting of swapping Danny for Monta Ellis. I'm fine w/ Danny if PATFO can get someone like Dragic so he never has to put the ball on the floor. If they are going to roll w/ Porker then might as well double up on the ISO offense & swap Danny for Rudy.:lol

In any case, Rudy has been as good as Carmelo this season while actually playing better defense.:wakeup

DAF86
12-05-2016, 11:58 PM
When I read "Rudy" the first thing I thought was "what Rudy is he referring to? The only Rudy I know is Gay, he can't be talking about him." :lol

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Dynamic PG
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Dedmon

Mills
Manu
Simmons
Bertans
Pau

That's a real contender's lineup (a better wing off the bench would help too, tbh).

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Rudy guy? Seriously? :lmao

He has badly outplayed DeFrozen in both their matchups this season & DeFrozen is supposed to be an MVP candidate.:lmao

bklynspursfan
12-06-2016, 12:03 AM
:bang this forum

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Dynamic PG
Green
Leonard
Aldridge
Dedmon

Mills
Manu
Simmons
Bertans
Pau

That's a real contender's lineup (a better wing off the bench would help too, tbh).

How in the hell are you going to get a dynamic PG for TOSB Porker?:downspin:

YGWHI
12-06-2016, 12:04 AM
When I read "Rudy" the first thing I thought was "what Rudy is he referring to? The only Rudy I know is Gay, he can't be talking about him." :lol
:lol

And again...:tu

The least this team needs is a move for Rudy Gay.

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 12:05 AM

And again...:tu

The least this team needs is a move for Rudy Gay.

I brought it up just for kicks considering how everyone is loving the ISO offense.:lol

DAF86
12-06-2016, 12:07 AM
How in the hell are you going to get a dynamic PG for TOSB Porker?:downspin:

I didn't proposed any trades tbh, I was just daydreaming about how just one change could turn this team from fringe contender into real championship candidate.

YGWHI
12-06-2016, 12:11 AM
An elite or near all star PG would place the team over the top, but Spurs are likely standing pat and so long as the team is winning, why mess it up.
That is what is going on in Pop's head.
Pretty much this.

spursistan
12-06-2016, 12:13 AM
This how terrible going out there and getting hamstrung by the Gasol signing :bang..

rasuo214
12-06-2016, 12:20 AM
I'd take Rudy Gay if he came with Cousins otherwise no thanks.

Dex
12-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Original thread.

r0drig0lac
12-06-2016, 05:05 AM
Ŋ\(°_o)/Ŋ

kaji157
12-06-2016, 07:43 AM
If Parker starts to break down every three games the Spurs wonīt have anything more than Laprovittola and Mills. Murray is very far away from ready.
If thatīs the case we should look for ways to get a consistent PG.

bklynspursfan
12-06-2016, 07:51 AM
If Parker starts to break down every three games the Spurs wonīt have anything more than Laprovittola and Mills. Murray is very far away from ready.
If thatīs the case we should look for ways to get a consistent PG.

I'd hardly call a knee to knee injury breaking down

NameLess Scrub
12-06-2016, 07:54 AM
I just want LaMarcus to get in shape and make those point blank lay ups he backs down people for.

Spurs will live and die with Parker's from-time-to-time play, Mills SG skills, and Lapro's undersize-ness.

-21-
12-06-2016, 09:01 AM
This how terrible going out there and getting hamstrung by the Gasol signing :bang..

Did you expect Dedmon and Lee to work this well? Signing Pau was the most logical move the team could have made imo.

TD 21
12-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Imagine this team with a LEGIT point forward instead of a Bryant impersonator posting a stat line of 22 field goal attempts, 0 assists, 31 minutes . . . and needing to be bailed out by :lma.

:lol As if there was a realistic move(s) that could have been made to give them a legit chance at a championship.

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Eh, imagine the Warriors with a legit starting C, or the Cavs with a legit starting SG(if JR doesn't recover), or the Clippers with a legit starting SF:lol

dabom
12-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Imagine this team with a LEGIT point forward instead of a Bryant impersonator posting a stat line of 22 field goal attempts, 0 assists, 31 minutes . . . and needing to be bailed out by :lma.

:lol As if there was a realistic move(s) that could have been made to give them a legit chance at a championship.

This is why you are a faggot. :lmao

"Boohoo. I'm a little bitch" - TD 21. :lmao

alpha_HaZE
12-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Eh, imagine the Warriors with a legit starting C, or the Cavs with a legit starting SG(if JR doesn't recover), or the Clippers with a legit starting SF:lol

The funny thing is that, having a legit PG, is possible next season with CP3 hitting free agency. Patty will most likely seek starting minutes elsewhere, which would make Tony/Dijon our back up PGs, not too bad.

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Fucking truth bomb.

Only faggots can disagree with this

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Imagine this team with a LEGIT point forward instead of a Bryant impersonator posting a stat line of 22 field goal attempts, 0 assists, 31 minutes .

The so called "second best player of all-time" got hoed by Giannis despite having an All-Star PG.:wakeup

Giannis was also owning Dominos in the 4th quarter while Kawhi had Giannis in a fetal position.:hat

RD2191
12-06-2016, 07:28 PM

So now our best defender/scorer is supposed to be a distributor? Then WTF do we need Parker for? To suck dick on the bench?

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 07:39 PM

Something doesn't add up somehow....:rolleyes

-Warriors have this thing called the "Death Line-up"
-Cavs have Shumpert to be a Tony Allen type starter until JR comes back
-Moute should be fine as a Roberson type wing & Doc closes games w/ Crawford anyways:lol

The Spurs starting backcourt on the other hand is only consistently better than the Sixers.:lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 07:45 PM
So now our best defender/scorer is supposed to be a distributor? Then WTF do we need Parker for? To suck dick on the bench?

The Kawhi Detractors: "Why isn't Kawhi leading the team in scoring while shooting 50% EVERY game, holding star players to single digits while Pau is his help defender AND not the primary playmaker from the wing position":lol

Jordan wasn't even the primary defender or playmaker for his team when they were winning championships.:wakeup

Mnky
12-06-2016, 08:09 PM
The so called "second best player of all-time" got hoed by Giannis despite having an All-Star PG.:wakeup

Giannis was also owning Dominos in the 4th quarter while Kawhi had Giannis in a fetal position.:hat

You mean while Giannis sat out the 4th quarter due to foul trouble, Kawhi decided to earn his money against the backup?

Back to your point though, I agree as far as getting a pg.
A true pg would do wonders for this team. Doesn't have to be elite. The offense exploded with lapro running the team, simply because he can pass. We don't have any passing guards outside of Simmons, ginobilli has become way too inconsistent for it.

We got players beating their men down the court all the time, lapro showed how easy it is to score with a pg with vision and passing ability.

Get a Pg, a real pg, and this team becomes much better.

YGWHI
12-06-2016, 11:24 PM
You mean while Giannis sat out the 4th quarter due to foul trouble, Kawhi decided to earn his money against the backup?
Backup? Nah. Kawhi was defended by Jabari Parker in the whole quarter and he kept doing it even when Giannis re-entered the game.

The Kawhi Detractors: "Why isn't Kawhi leading the team in scoring while shooting 50% EVERY game, holding star players to single digits while Pau is his help defender AND not the primary playmaker from the wing position":lol

Jordan wasn't even the primary defender or playmaker for his team when they were winning championships.:wakeup

Exactly. He also should draw up the plays, change lineups, manage his teammates minutes, dictate Spurs draft spots..."DO EVERYTHING, Kawhi! WTF? He won't? Trade him!"

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-07-2016, 02:22 AM
The funny thing is that, having a legit PG, is possible next season with CP3 hitting free agency. Patty will most likely seek starting minutes elsewhere, which would make Tony/Dijon our back up PGs, not too bad.

The Spurs will not have anywhere near $35 million in cap space next summer.

kaji157
12-07-2016, 08:31 AM
I'd hardly call a knee to knee injury breaking down

I am referring to a whole season.

Quadzilla99
12-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Pau is not worth near that much really the way he is playing unfortunately especially since he's a dinosaur in today's NBA..

SupremeGuy
12-07-2016, 09:37 AM

Jordan wasn't even the primary defender or playmaker for his team when they were winning championships.:wakeupThis. It's fucking incredible. I actually asked some posters to say exactly what kind of stats Kawhi would have to put up for them to shut up and they were so scared of Kawhi actually hitting them some day that they just flat out refused and went on to continue bitching.

Mnky
12-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Backup? Nah. Kawhi was defended by Jabari Parker in the whole quarter and he kept doing it even when Giannis re-entered the game.

Exactly. He also should draw up the plays, change lineups, manage his teammates minutes, dictate Spurs draft spots..."DO EVERYTHING, Kawhi! WTF? He won't? Trade him!"

I hope you're not implying Parker is as good as their best defender.. :lol.
Giannis worked kawhi. Its what he does. He's a great defender. Shut kawhi out for two quarters. For someone complaining about giving players credit , you dont Give props where they are do.

YGWHI
12-07-2016, 03:16 PM
I hope you're not implying Parker is as good as their best defender.. :lol.

Are you implying that Parker is shit or a backup? He isn't their best defender like LMA isn't our but both have been great on that end in last games...You said that Kawhi was defended by a backup, that wasn't true. You should know that there is nothing wrong admitting a mistake.

Giannis worked kawhi. Its what he does. He's a great defender. Shut kawhi out for two quarters. For someone complaining about giving players credit , you dont Give props where they are do.
Even when he's a true monster and superb player, Giannis isn't a disciplined defender and is fouling more than ever this season. Obviously, his size and length bother Kawhi like any other player in the league but he wasn't the main reason why Kawhi struggled in the first half.
Sadly, we saw it many times this season, Kawhi shooting like shit and improving in the last quarters against many different teams/defenders.

dabom
12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Are you implying that Parker is shit or a backup? He isn't their best defender like LMA isn't our but both have been great on that end in last games...You said that Kawhi was defended by a backup, that wasn't true. You should know that there is nothing wrong admitting a mistake...

Even when he's a true monster and superb player, Giannis isn't a disciplined defender and is fouling more than ever this season. Obviously, his size and length bother Kawhi like any other player in the league but he wasn't the main reason why Kawhi struggled in the first half.
Sadly, we saw it many times this season, Kawhi shooting like shit and improving in the last quarters against many different teams/defenders.

TD 21
12-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Fucking truth bomb.

Only faggots can disagree with this

:lmao All of these fools are as easy as the people they repeatedly target and make fun of.

Mnky
12-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Are you implying that Parker is shit or a backup? He isn't their best defender like LMA isn't our but both have been great on that end in last games...You said that Kawhi was defended by a backup, that wasn't true. You should know that there is nothing wrong admitting a mistake.

Giannis is the reason many people struggle. That's like saying everytime Kawhi shuts someone down, it's because they had a bad shooting night. Just wrong, kawhi started scoring as soon as giannis Got in in foul trouble. You have the option to have a bad opinion, not the option to deny facts.

If giannis is the main defender for Kathi, everyone behind him is a backup. Do you really need simply lesson like that?
I'm sure plugging in LMA for kawhi s assignments would suffice since he's not a backup.. :lol what a ridiculous argument to make that Parker is somehow on Giannis level.

GG bro.

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Giannis is the reason many people struggle. That's like saying everytime Kawhi shuts someone down, it's because they had a bad shooting night. Just wrong, kawhi started scoring as soon as giannis Got in in foul trouble. You have the option to have a bad opinion, not the option to deny facts.

Giannis is definitely a better defender than Jabari but at the same time there is no telling Kawhi wouldn't have gone off in the 4th quarter as he has been doing it all season long even after struggling in the first 3 quarters.

Bottom line is Kawhi played the cards he was dealt & won the game.:king (LeBron/Kyrie killed the Duds by forcing switches onto Curry::lol)

Mnky
12-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Giannis is definitely a better defender than Jabari but at the same time there is no telling Kawhi wouldn't have gone off in the 4th quarter as he has been doing it all season long even after struggling in the first 3 quarters.

Bottom line is Kawhi played the cards he was dealt & won the game.:king (LeBron/Kyrie killed the Duds by forcing switches onto Curry::lol)

No doubt, Ill agree with that bottom line anyday. This wasn't a dig at kawhi. Spurs dont win this game without him, and probably half of the other wins. He's a top 5 player in my eyes, and easily my favorite active spur.

It was just an obvious observation at the situation. People getting offended or jumping to arms against the obvious, tend to be the most humorous on this site. Its interesting the things they will create in their emotional outburst. :toast

spursistan
12-08-2016, 01:53 PM

dabom
12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
I would take Goran.

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Spurs aren't getting a PG..they aren't going to trade Patty IMO(would be stupid, since they won't get anywhere equal value for his salary, considering Patty has probably been a top 3 6th man, so far), and they certainly won't trade Parker..