PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson says was cut for refusing to say green and ginobili were better

marinoman
12-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Some of you may already know this but it's news to me as to the specifics.

According to Jackson, Pop said tell green and ginobili they're better than you, he thinks pop was telling him to say that to give them confidence and not worry Jackson would take their minutes which he refused. I heard it on the dan lebetard podcast at 13:30 left to go on hour 1. I know this happened 4 years ago but like I said news to me

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=18220299&cast=9941853

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2016, 03:36 PM
But Spurstalk told me Parker was behind the whole thing

Leetonidas
12-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Well it ain't news to anyone else

SAGirl
12-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that. I had read something like that, but from reports... this came straight up from Jackson.

I can't imagine things went down exactly as he put them.. Pop asking him to state publicly in front of the team that Manu and Danny were better than him so as to increase their confidence... it's just so unnecessary and it doesn't seem like something that would improve chemistry and unity in a team going into the playoffs. However, something big did go down between him and Pop, bc he was summarily waived without anything else being said.

William Hung
12-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Trill nigs don't snitch. SJax should keep his big ass mouth closed.

TimDunkem
12-06-2016, 03:55 PM
Didn't bother clicking the link, but I hope this isn't recent. Guy is still talking about this? Let it go. If you were good enough, you'd still be in the NBA. smfh

hater
12-06-2016, 04:04 PM
:lmao Manu needing confidence boosts from role players :lmao

bklynspursfan
12-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I thought everyone knew this already, honestly.

Jack went on to say he would've waived himself too if he were Pop, so there's that.

dabom
12-06-2016, 04:08 PM
But Spurstalk told me Parker was behind the whole thing

No one said this stupid fuck. ST said Jax said Enrique went chuck mode and lost us that okc series. :lmao

elbamba
12-06-2016, 04:21 PM

Seriously. Its not like was 2003 before Manu was a hall of famer. I am pretty sure Manu knew his place on the pecking order in 2012. I suspect what really happened was SJ was pissed that Danny was getting his minutes. But Danny was such a good defender and corner 3 point shooter that unless Jackson was shooting lights out, he never deserved to play over Danny.

marinoman
12-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Didn't bother clicking the link, but I hope this isn't recent. Guy is still talking about this? Let it go. If you were good enough, you'd still be in the NBA. smfh
It's from today but in Jacksons defense they asked him what was the most uncomfortable a coach made him and he was honest, to a degree I assume

coachmac87
12-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Nothing to do with Manu and everything to do with Green tbh...

picnroll
12-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Drugs do terrible things to the mind.

Spur|n|Austin
12-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Did I just travel back in time?

MaNu4Tres
12-06-2016, 04:37 PM
What Jax said in the podcast makes absolutely no sense.

For him to dog on how Manu was playing, and to ignore his own production that year is hilarious.

He was atrocious his last year in silver and black.

DMC
12-06-2016, 04:39 PM

Click link/listen/assess/respond

HarlemHeat37
12-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Jackson was literally the worst rotation player on a playoff team in the NBA during that season, tbh:lol

He used everything he had left during the 2012 run, where he was great..similar to Horry in 2007(we all waited for Horry to turn it on in 2008, never happened, he was horrendous all season and playoffs)..

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2016, 04:45 PM
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
12-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Sucks Jackson was cut the year Manure had EIGHT TURNOVERS in a Finals game.

Even his scrub ass would've been an upgrade over that washed POS

Joseph Kony
12-06-2016, 04:56 PM
dude was straight fucking garbage in 2013, he has no room to be crying like a faggot about other players when he was a pile of shit in 2013. he thinks some shit he did 10 years prior and a couple good games in the 2012 playoffs made him relevant but in reality Pop was doing him a favor by giving him a chance when most teams probably wouldnt. no love for this clown, tbh

cd98
12-06-2016, 04:56 PM
It's pretty sad that Jackson would say all this. Makes him look silly. I'm sure it was probably Pop telling him to stop complaining and telling everyone that he's better than Manu or Green when he is not. I'm sure he was still sore about the Spurs choosing Manu over him after 2005. Spurs got that one right, though.

TimDunkem
12-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Click link/listen/assess/respond

I'll do as I please. Thanks.

AaronY
12-06-2016, 05:51 PM
He was so horrible that last season that I think his performance might have had something to do with it amazingly enough

Mnky
12-06-2016, 08:03 PM
He acted like he should be the lead guard. Pop said get over yourself and realize they're more efficient than you right now. You need to have a grasp of reality to be effective and know your role.
Jackson couldn't admit it. Makes it way more than it needs to be. Barely stayed on a roster afterwards. Pop was right.

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 08:06 PM
What Jax said in the podcast makes absolutely no sense.

For him to dog on how Manu was playing, and to ignore his own production that year is hilarious.

He was atrocious his last year in silver and black.

The current version of Pierce might have been better than 2013 Stephen Jackson.:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-06-2016, 08:08 PM

:lmao

Play Boban
12-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Pops ego is so massive. The real reason Pop cut him is that Pop was scared of him. Pop only coaches Uncle Toms.

JohnnyMax
12-06-2016, 08:35 PM
https://overcast.fm/+Dt0uLs_5I/24:40

LoneStarState'sPride
12-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Jack can shut his trap, tbh.

Loved his fire, but it got the better of him. Twice.

picnroll
12-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Jackson desperate for attention.

Seventyniner
12-06-2016, 10:52 PM
Damn that's a truth nuke threat, we'll have to evacuate the Hard Rick.

tholdren
12-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Jackson was is better than Green not Manu

lefty
12-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Lol Jax is high

2003 Jax was fucking awesome though :worthy

timtonymanu
12-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Jackson still trying to be relevant since no team wants his sorry ass anymore.

100%duncan
12-07-2016, 12:10 AM
2003 Sjax #NeverForget

MaNu4Tres
12-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Jax is going to feel all types of butt-hurt whenever he keeps getting left out of the Hall of Fame.

offset formation
12-07-2016, 01:13 AM
Some of you may already know this but it's news to me as to the specifics.

According to Jackson, Pop said tell green and ginobili they're better than you, he thinks pop was telling him to say that to give them confidence and not worry Jackson would take their minutes which he refused. I heard it on the dan lebetard podcast at 13:30 left to go on hour 1. I know this happened 4 years ago but like I said news to me

http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=18220299&cast=9941853

Fake news.

offset formation
12-07-2016, 01:17 AM
It's pretty sad that Jackson would say all this. Makes him look silly. I'm sure it was probably Pop telling him to stop complaining and telling everyone that he's better than Manu or Green when he is not. I'm sure he was still sore about the Spurs choosing Manu over him after 2005. Spurs got that one right, though.

This is actual news.

Mal
12-07-2016, 02:35 AM

EOT :lmao

T Park
12-07-2016, 02:40 AM
Jackson was literally the worst rotation player on a playoff team in the NBA during that season, tbh:lol

He used everything he had left during the 2012 run, where he was great..similar to Horry in 2007(we all waited for Horry to turn it on in 2008, never happened, he was horrendous all season and playoffs)..

He had one good one. Game 7 vs the Hornets. That was it though.

spursistan
12-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Most overrated Spurs player ever relative to his contribution to the franchise..

GTFO scrub...Talking shit about 3 foundational members of the longest and one of the most successful runs in professional sport because you had a couple of moments in them..:lol

You know you're a fuckin piece of shit when you're antagonizing Manu of all people in this league..

cd98
12-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Jackson was is better than Green not Manu Jackson was better than Green if you compare their early careers, but at the time Jackson was creating locker room chaos, Green was by far the better player. Sure, Green wasn't a great scorer, but he was as good as Jackson was at that point. But Green was a way better defender. Jackson had lost all of his speed and was sssslllloooowwww. He was routinely beat off the dribble and moved like an iceberg. Jackson could only guard 4s and shoot threes, which gave him a small role on the Spurs. He wanted the Manu/Green two guard role because apparently his ego didn't blind him to the fact that Kawhi was better than he was. But still, he couldn't guard 1s, 2s, or 3s, so he had no business thinking he should take Manu's or Green's minutes, especially while we waited every 20 games for him to have the one game where he nailed a bunch of threes (and hooting and hollering about it to everyone in the building) while taking shots away from Kawhi. Nevermind that when that one game came along, he couldn't guard anyone on the other side so he gave up what he got.

wildbill2u
12-07-2016, 01:13 PM

Right. He was probably telling Pop that his playing time should be more than Manu or Green because he was better than them. I bet he gave Pop an ultimatum to play him or trade him that came back to bite him in the ass with a waiver.

Blake
12-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Sour grapes

G-Dawgg
12-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Danny Green is trash. If I was Stephen Jackson, I'd be pissed off too....

William Hung
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Jackson desperate for attention.

More than likely a product of a single parent environment. Freud was right.

TrainOfThought5
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Most overrated Spurs player ever relative to his contribution to the franchise..

GTFO scrub...Talking shit about 3 foundational members of the longest and one of the most successful runs in professional sport because you had a couple of moments in them..:lol

You know you're a fuckin piece of shit when you're antagonizing Manu of all people in this league..

Matt Bonner?

Clipper Nation
12-07-2016, 05:48 PM

But enough about Porker.

I. Hustle
12-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Jax doesn't realize that if he really was that much better, he'd still be playing. He tried. Nobody wants him anymore.

tmtcsc
12-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Stephen Jackson getting cut by the Spurs had nothing to do with him being unable to admit other players were better than him. The whole story is ludicrous. He was released at a terrible time for a very good reason. While he was able to contribute spot minutes, his presence on the team would have adversely affected others. It wasn't worth keeping him on the roster. In hindsight, it was an easy decision.

look_at_g_shred
12-07-2016, 08:40 PM
:lmao dude that made me laugh way too hard

look_at_g_shred
12-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Danny Green is trash. If I was Stephen Jackson, I'd be pissed off too....
Right...that's why we are nearly unbeatable when he's on his game.

GSH
12-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes, Stephen Jackson was cut because he wouldn't say that Manu and Danny were better than him. Jason Collins was cut because he came out as gay, and not because he was washed up as a player. Everyone in prison is innocent. And there are alligators living in the New York sewers.

Everybody knows that.

elemento
12-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Fuck this clown

He was good against OKC and that's it. Fucking waste of time and money.

He though he still had a place in the NBA outside SA lol. Got a 10-day contract from the Clippers, got waived and never played in the NBA again.

spurs10
12-07-2016, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Pop wanted him to stand on a bucket in a Girl Scout uniform while he said this. Finally his pride made him say, 'No Pop...you've gone too far. I will walk away with a bit of my dignity intact!'

daslicer
12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
No respect for this attention whore. He has an inflated ego and believes in his own mind that he would have been a HOFer if certain things went right in his career.

Sean Cagney
12-08-2016, 03:10 AM
Pops ego is so massive. The real reason Pop cut him is that Pop was scared of him. Pop only coaches Uncle Toms.

I would say his play had something to do with being cut that year tbh, just a hunch.....

manufan10
12-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Well, he did help get RJ out of town, so there's that.

tholdren
12-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Jackson was better than Green if you compare their early careers, but at the time Jackson was creating locker room chaos, Green was by far the better player. Sure, Green wasn't a great scorer, but he was as good as Jackson was at that point. But Green was a way better defender. Jackson had lost all of his speed and was sssslllloooowwww. He was routinely beat off the dribble and moved like an iceberg. Jackson could only guard 4s and shoot threes, which gave him a small role on the Spurs. He wanted the Manu/Green two guard role because apparently his ego didn't blind him to the fact that Kawhi was better than he was. But still, he couldn't guard 1s, 2s, or 3s, so he had no business thinking he should take Manu's or Green's minutes, especially while we waited every 20 games for him to have the one game where he nailed a bunch of threes (and hooting and hollering about it to everyone in the building) while taking shots away from Kawhi. Nevermind that when that one game came along, he couldn't guard anyone on the other side so he gave up what he got.

SJ had grit. Danny would rather be friends with the opposition. Cant stand that. Its not competitive. Ive never seen a 2 who couldnt dribble until green.

Play Boban
12-09-2016, 12:39 AM
SJ had grit. Danny would rather be friends with the opposition. Cant stand that. Its not competitive. Ive never seen a 2 who couldnt dribble until green.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/783316521.jpg

Pathetic! SAD!

G-Dawgg
12-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Right...that's why we are nearly unbeatable when he's on his game.

Exactly. 'When he's on his game' :lol

adonis827
12-09-2016, 11:25 AM
I thought it was on Duncan's recommendation to pop that Jackson should be waived