PDA

View Full Version : Best go to moves

DAF86
12-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Just saw on nbatv that the NBA came up with a bracket to determine the best go to move in history. Lots of Spur players in there. The Iceman's fingeroll already defeated Tony's floater. Next matchup is Manu's eurostep vs Rondo's fake (don't know the fuck is that but I suppose it is when he fakes a pass :lol). I couldn't see but I want to assume Timmy's banker is there too. Let's vote for our guys sons.

dabom
12-07-2016, 12:42 AM
link

100%duncan
12-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Timmy's Banker is against the dream shake or kareem's skyhook I think, for sure gonna lose that shit

Robz4000
12-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Yeah, all the Spurs got put against bad matchups except Manu.

Fireball
12-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Rondo really has some good ball fakes during a fast break when he actually goes for the layup ... still Manu wins of course

Seventyniner
12-07-2016, 09:04 AM
A fake only works when you're actually a threat to score...

elemento
12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
lol Manu's Eurostep takes a shit on any Rondo move that I can think of.

Shaq's elbow move is probably the most unstoppable of all-time :rolleyes

cd98
12-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Hard to think anyone would fall for a Rondo fake when they all want him to shoot. But Eurostep of Manu is the best move of all time, easy. It has spawned a million copy cats. It's a move that everyone learns and tries now where it was non-existent before Manu came into being. Sure, Hardin will eventually get credit for it, but we all know Manu coined that move.

KDKSpurs24
12-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Rondo's pass fake is nice but it's barely a threat since he misses a good amount of layups.

NameLess Scrub
12-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Did they put Kobe jab jab fake jab jab long 2 against Kawhi's jab jab fake jab jab long 2?

Joseph Kony
12-07-2016, 11:49 AM
wonder why Duncan stopped going to his bank shot the last 3-4 seasons, he was automatic on the elbow with that for the longest time

cd98
12-07-2016, 12:01 PM
wonder why Duncan stopped going to his bank shot the last 3-4 seasons, he was automatic on the elbow with that for the longest time It was more like the last 5-6 years where we went away from the bank shot. And it's been about 3 to 4 years since Tony went away from the floater. Maybe teams figured out a counter.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 01:39 PM
link

Couldn't find any.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Timmy's Banker is against the dream shake or kareem's skyhook I think, for sure gonna lose that shit

Any doubt that's the move that is going to win? :lol

NameLess Scrub
12-07-2016, 01:46 PM
It was more like the last 5-6 years where we went away from the bank shot. And it's been about 3 to 4 years since Tony went away from the floater. Maybe teams figured out a counter.

I think Timmy physically lost the ability to get the shot off in the NBA.

NameLess Scrub
12-07-2016, 01:47 PM

Whatever happened to that shot. Wasn't it unguardable?

I guess it's too hard or something.

DAF86
12-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Yep, I don't know how Kareem managed to be so consistent with it.

100%duncan
12-07-2016, 03:02 PM

I forgot but it probably has MJ's fadeaway.

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2016, 03:09 PM

Players started shooting jump-hooks b/c it easier to counter. McHale became unstoppable b/c he could shoot jump hooks & fade-aways from either shoulder which got defenders discombobulated. Sky-hook on the other hand had to be shot from the dominant leg/hand so the defender knew what was coming. By the time the 80s rolled around, sky-hooks were considered the equivalent of shooting underhand free-throws which were effective for Ricky Barry who is considered the best shooter of his era.

Besides, defenders couldn't double Kareem to deny him catches when illegal defense existed so he was able to seal his defender, establish his position & call for the ball which wouldn't be hard to do CONSISTENTLY now-a-days. The rule changes in 2005 are actually what killed post players b/c teams were able to double before the catch & that was also when Garnett became a full fledged jump-shooter.:lol

This occasionally was taken to the extreme. In the 1991 playoffs, Don Nelson would station his biggest player, whether it was journeyman Jim Petersen, youngster Tyrone Hill or the previously unknown Tom Tolbert, 30 feet from the hoop just to get David Robinson out of the lane. They weren't going to do anything productive from 15 feet, much less 30, but Robinson still had to come out and pretend like they could anyway. The Warriors posted up Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin against smaller players, feasted on the driving lanes Tim Hardaway now had and upset the Spurs in four games.

In 2014, Robinson would have tiptoed the lane while essentially playing a one-man zone around the rim and Nelson would have been forced to choose between going small and getting lit up on the other end or leaving his big men in and suffering spacing consequences. In 1991, those centers were the unsung heroes by standing aimlessly well beyond the three-point line and doing nothing.

bdictjames
12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Manu's long 2-step was amazing. Its even preluded with a great beginning move with an El Latigo, or a fake towards the other direction. The defender knows what's gonna happen, but still, Manu gets the score or a foul 90% of the time.

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Yep, I don't know how Kareem managed to be so consistent with it.

Sky-hook actually has a higher arc which makes it more accurate than a line-drive jump-hook if executed correctly. Al Jefferson in his prime had an automatic jump-hook even w/ defenders draped all over him.