PDA

View Full Version : Would you want PATFO to sign 32 year old Choke-P3 for the MAX?

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 01:26 AM
:nopeDon't Do It Pop:nope

dabom
12-08-2016, 01:27 AM
Not for the max atleast.

Benoit
12-08-2016, 01:27 AM
it doesnt matter with Autist Leonard as their go to guy lmao

if they had Steph or Klay or Kobe then they could think about championships

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 01:30 AM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Kobe-Bryant-crying.jpg
http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/11/01/65dcc916-a7b6-4463-8f92-0ec61c45e790/thumbnail/770x433/89ef45b35208901f78858839caf6d3f3/lebroncookies.jpg

Robz4000
12-08-2016, 01:31 AM
Not even sure I'd want him for $10mil tbh; he just can't penetrate like he used to and the Spurs don't need another dominant ballhandler if they're set on putting the ball in Kawhi's hands. They'd make that sacrifice for a player of Westchimp's calibre, but not for a declining CP3. Would rather them try for Holiday.

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
Not even sure I'd want him for $10mil tbh; he just can't penetrate like he used to and the Spurs don't need another dominant ballhandler if they're set on putting the ball in Kawhi's hands. They'd make that sacrifice for a player of Westchimp's calibre, but not for a declining CP3. Would rather them try for Holiday.

Holiday seems more fragile than Derrick Rose (ala Conley) nowadays & is most likely going to get 20mill/per contract which isn't worth it.

It's probably better just to clean house in 2018 & go all-in for Westbrick. I would just use the cap space to re-sign Dedmon/Simmons & maybe Patty this summer. IMO, Murray should play 20 minutes next season since the team won't have anything to lose w/ AARP Porker.:lol

spurraider21
12-08-2016, 01:40 AM
:lol no

Robz4000
12-08-2016, 01:45 AM
Holiday seems more fragile than Derrick Rose (ala Conley) nowadays & is most likely going to get 20mill/per contract which isn't worth it.

It's probably better just to clean house in 2018 & go all-in for Westbrick. I would just use the cap space to re-sign Dedmon/Simmons & maybe Patty this summer. IMO, Murray should play 20 minutes next season since the team won't have anything to lose w/ AARP Porker.:lol

True, but if he can give the team 65 games a year it'd be nice. Not confident at all on Murray becoming even a rotation player next year, much less to get 20 MPG. Would love for Dedmon and Simmons to come back, but not for something obscene.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Not to worry, GM Doc will spend half a billion of Balmer's cash on Paul, Griffin and Redick.

Hoops Czar
12-08-2016, 03:10 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h6v9dh8

The only other option for him is the Knicks since Carmelo is his buddy but he's going to be ring chasing so it won't make sense unless Porzingis turns into an MVP candidate.

The Big 3 will be purged & a new era will begin in 2017.:toast

PATFO might also bring back Tiago if he's relatively healthy. (I'm hoping PATFO will dump Pau for Millsap but that most likely won't happen)

Otherwise,

Choke-P3
Danny
Kawhi
Millsap
Softridge

:wow:wow:wow

:wakeup

r0drig0lac
12-08-2016, 05:15 AM
^
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

Ocotillo
12-08-2016, 07:40 AM
Nope

TheDoctor
12-08-2016, 08:02 AM
Obviously not for the Max. But I think CP3 could be a great fit for the Spurs for the next 3 years. He's a ball dominant player yes, but he's also a true PG, not just a speed-dependent-scorer-pg like Tony. CP3's game is complete. He can shoot, he can pass, protects the ball, rebounds enough for his position, very good defender... Massive upgrade over today's Enrique tbh.

Fireball
12-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Obviously not for the Max. But I think CP3 could be a great fit for the Spurs for the next 3 years. He's a ball dominant player yes, but he's also a true PG, not just a speed-dependent-scorer-pg like Tony. CP3's game is complete. He can shoot, he can pass, protects the ball, rebounds enough for his position, very good defender... Massive upgrade over today's Enrique tbh.

agreed ... no problem paying him max money for 3 years tbh

james evans
12-08-2016, 08:42 AM

You're back? I thought you died with the Warriors after that finals choke

james evans
12-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Delladova is an upgrade over Parker right now

Mnky
12-08-2016, 08:48 AM
No, but I don't want a year older Tony either. They need a pg who can pass and set others up. Tony has never had vision or passing ability. The evolution of the team requires it. Kawhi lack of passing and vision hurts them already, but I expect him to get better.

We have good young prospects in lapro and murray as well. Need to make room for them to get minutes. I'd prefer not to lose Patty, but we are getting full there. Got to believe at this point the spurs think he's gone and bryn is the heir apparent with so many pgs in the development line.

What they decide to do will be interesting, that's for sure. Maybe Murray or lapro can make strides after their first year of experience. Lapro with his international experience is the easy guess for the quicker rise.

cd98
12-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Spurs won't do CP thing. It means overpaying him during his decline years. They did that for Parker because he was loyal and took discounts along the way. Highly doubt they would do the same for any other PG looking to get their last max contract.

Maddog
12-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Spurs won't do CP thing. It means overpaying him during his decline years. They did that for Parker because he was loyal and took discounts along the way. Highly doubt they would do the same for any other PG looking to get their last max contract.

I agree.
Unless he takes a substantial pay cut just to go to the Spurs, he will not be on the Spurs radar. LAC will resign him all likelihood, or somebody will offer him too much.

Joseph Kony
12-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Yes. CP3 is still a beast, he doesn't rely on athleticism at all and on one knee for years now basically, he is still the top pure PG in the league and a great perimeter defender and floor general. I'll take the next two years of instant contention with Kawhi/CP3 than gambling on someone else, tbh

SPURt
12-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Um guys... we have Murray.

TheDoctor
12-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Um guys... we have Murray.
http://i.imgur.com/B7l6fCZ.jpg

spursistan
12-08-2016, 09:52 AM

Hell no for the super max..

He's clearly lost a step and is no longer able to will a game by his own like he used to in his Hornets/early Clippers years..

As Robz said; he can't consistently penetrate and put defenses on its heels anymore.. Doc now spams high double screens for him to get there and pull-up or PNP with Blake..

He is still elite, but I would rather give G.Hill half of CP3 max money and hope Dejounte is ready by 2018/2019..

SPURt
12-08-2016, 09:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/B7l6fCZ.jpg
Haha!

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 10:43 AM
True, but if he can give the team 65 games a year it'd be nice. Not confident at all on Murray becoming even a rotation player next year, much less to get 20 MPG. Would love for Dedmon and Simmons to come back, but not for something obscene.

It wouldn't hurt to have Murray get as much action as possible during a lost season, Reggie Jackson essentially broke out when WestBrick got injured & he became the starting PG after barely playing during his rookie season.

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Not to worry, GM Doc will spend half a billion of Balmer's cash on Paul, Griffin and Redick.

They are on their way to being irrelevant like the Jail Blazers.

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 10:59 AM
He is still elite, but I would rather give G.Hill half of CP3 max money and hope Dejounte is ready by 2018/2019..

IMO, the Jazz will do everything possible to re-sign Hill & I don't think it would be smart for PATFO to match whatever the Jazz are going to offer unless he agrees to sign for a discount ala Danny.

Patty is probably going to get a ridiculously dumb contract so I say just sign a caretaker vet like Shaun Livingston who could run the bench unit & let him mentor DeJounte who could be promoted to the 3rd string PG role. Just sign a shooter to play w/ Livingston/Simmons, someone like McLemore could be a nice Simmons type project. (He has more potential than F:lolt Head, tbh)

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 11:04 AM

Hell no for the super max..

He's clearly lost a step and is no longer able to will a game by his own like he used to in his Hornets/early Clippers years..

As Robz said; he can't consistently penetrate and put defenses on its heels anymore.. Doc now spams high double screens for him to get there and pull-up or PNP with Blake..

I looked at the next two years FA.

20 million and up.
Curry
Paul
Westbrook player option
Holiday
Isiah Thomas
lowry

15-19 Million

Hill
Teague

10-14 Million

Smart
Lou Williams
Bradley

Im sure Im missing a few player options but not a whole lot of options here. Lou willimas is old as dust, and Hill is lile 30.

Thomas will get the max. Lowry is old. Curry is probably unrealistic and westbrook wont come here.

This is why trading for somone like Bledsoe is so important....If they cant get any top 15 player, they should concentrate on depth on add as much top 50 guards as much as possible.

I would really consider giving smart 10-12 Million. Dude can actually create but hes a role player who is going to be a liability due to lack of shooting....So get a scorer to play the scoring role.

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
This is why trading for somone like Bledsoe is so important....If they cant get any top 15 player, they should concentrate on depth on add as much top 50 guards as much as possible.

Dragic is probably more realistic than Bledsoe since Riley probably wants to dump his contract (to go after Blake) & they have Tyler Johnson to takeover his spot. Just send Pau to a team willing to send the Heat an asset & expiring contract(s).

Brandon Knight, not Bledsoe, would be what Pau could fetch since the Suns aren't in a hurry to dump Bledoe's contract as they won't be player in free-agency.

I would really consider giving smart 10-12 Million. Dude can actually create but hes a role player who is going to be a liability due to lack of shooting....So get a scorer to play the scoring role.

Marcus Smart is too dumb to be a starting point guard. He makes face-palm worthy mistakes like Tony Allen. A Smart/Murray backcourt would be a disaster.:lol

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2016, 01:00 PM
All-in on George Hill, tbh..he has improved his ball-handling enough to be a competent offensive, starting PG..he can shoot the 3, still a good defensive player that would give the Spurs the best 1-2-3 defensive lineup in the NBA..obviously has the familiarity with the organization, too..

Splits
12-08-2016, 01:06 PM

https://gm1.ggpht.com/2a-yht2iCb5ZeU9KUVutpUgL6KnQEWrk-oFB-wJsVA01LIdeEl6sxtsD3oRVv34Xfjd2kdwHzH1xnIGUFEbsOnu 08_4tb7UOjCnnpTLJ2eabgOq33UE4Jk8nmVC-IWAlQz_u9OWlNWRk9eGjMunmtmP0uj9cZJTTUXnuCYRyF1lztg 4tbfkDATxMAo4KTDWm--ZmKRpCu2A7mMexFpNVE4n3vqMuiUpbW0dc5C7H0wVqbdgotV1C ZoJ9EitlKlAhm0gkx7WWLKC899yEWA5Jmc1Z0ccMTpe1xgHUPn JGDyq3NCaSpK65FpV75hSfshOCbf7u4_D06rTN3RRv2TqFzzZJ e4990rk1y7raUQvXN5rIz7yi7fHHAQjWf8NkKmfhKO42xGPh6x ujMMgjDZnW3XCIMmrW5z5g0ZzNNbIWSG3FaeaPSc5vxIMXwu-22j987gs8BZCB6-qC60dXtaqDJT7RW5huUrYeaSQYZLjnue0owwchhbqijETMsHpg eXOjaB97V4ZuIUFWs_HxLXewBqmd6LfxhtryEmn1q497yNFffQ YuJ4r3igWJdHCjsaI_IGB0Fmjtxdk8FNHLMBk_X3Ro67CcTGV4 poNijziBUZs3fs92--VtdXd-kcSm6dreZOhXwhucTSe46ZVqvtbkyVvKs89nau89sG0osHW1F-4apWGDHZSaDUjfbW9TW1xvGUxa0TCKezb4ew=w1439-h794-l75-ft

Oh wait, it's Lakerfan

MultiTroll
12-08-2016, 01:19 PM
GTFO.
Altho he does fit CIA Pops profile.
30s.
Bloated contract that will hamstring for years.

Horse
12-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Fuck no!

TD 21
12-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Of course I wouldn't want to have to give him the max, but to even get a meeting with him and his representative(s), offering him that would go without saying.

The downside is obvious, but what's the alternative? Westbrook is a year away and at minimum an extreme long shot, Holiday and Hill are unlikely too and as good as both are, even with one, it would still be a long shot to win a championship.

kaji157
12-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I like CP3 a lot, i donīt think heīd ever come here while Tony is still on the team.

I do believe that this season the Spurs should let Manu go, and trade Tony for whatever Backup SG they can get, but they are not going to do those things and i am good with it also.

timtonymanu
12-08-2016, 07:41 PM
All-in on George Hill, tbh..he has improved his ball-handling enough to be a competent offensive, starting PG..he can shoot the 3, still a good defensive player that would give the Spurs the best 1-2-3 defensive lineup in the NBA..obviously has the familiarity with the organization, too..

Still see Hill coming back, tbh. Spurs organization/camaraderie >> $$$/Jazz organization. Only thing is they would have to say goodbye to Patty in the process.

DPG21920
12-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Hill seemingly having trouble staying healthy this year..

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 08:24 PM
The downside is obvious, but what's the alternative? Westbrook is a year away and at minimum an extreme long shot, Holiday and Hill are unlikely too and as good as both are, even with one, it would still be a long shot to win a championship.

Signing Choke-P to a MAX contract would AT LEAST require dumping Danny's contract & letting Dedmon walk (assuming Pau opts-in). Patty would also most likely not be re-signed since the team would be getting knee deep in luxury tax territory. The team would essentially turn into a poor-man's version the Cripples::lol

Pau
LMA
Kawhi
Simmons (assuming he doesn't get a Solomon Hill type contract::lol)
Choke-P

Lee (Assuming he takes the room exception)
Bertans
Kyle
Murray
Porker

:lmao

If Pau opts-in, PATFO should try everything possible to dump him on a team looking for a one year rental. Hopefully, the Celtics strike out in free-agency & don't see Smart as part of their future so the PATFO could use them to acquire someone like Dragic whom the Heat were trying to move if WestBrick was available.

Dragic at this point of his career most likely will refuse to play for a shitty team like the Kings & all of the legit playoff teams already have PGs that are at least in Dragic's tier (Dragic already complained about playing off the ball so the Rockets/Bucks are out of the equation) so the competition shouldn't be stiff.

I would offer Pau(Celtics)+Kyle/Murray(Heat) for Dragic & let :cryPatty:cry walk. Use the cap space to re-sign Dedmon (Simmons has Bird Rights) & a cheap off-guard like McLemore who can play w/ Porker. Fill up the roster by offering Lee the Room Exception & bringing in a backup PF/C for the minimum :lolTiago Shitter:lol

When Porker comes off the books in 2018, I would sign Seth Curry to be Patty 2.0:toast

Kawhitstorm
12-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Hill seemingly having trouble staying healthy this year..

It's just bone related acute injuries similar to what Kawhi used to pick up the per-2014. It's not ligament or tendon related like Conley.

alpha_HaZE
12-08-2016, 09:10 PM
They should if they can, CP3 is one of the best defenders in his position. That would be a huge upgrade! He can guard both Curry and Durant, and that by itself justifies giving him the max. Also I am pretty sure he can take full advantage of the leaping abilities of Kawhi, Dedmon, and Simms.

cd98
12-08-2016, 10:20 PM
If I were Spurs I'd pay cap space to Dedmond.

TD 21
12-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Signing Choke-P to a MAX contract would AT LEAST require dumping Danny's contract & letting Dedmon walk (assuming Pau opts-in). Patty would also most likely not be re-signed since the team would be getting knee deep in luxury tax territory. The team would essentially turn into a poor-man's version the Cripples::lol

They would obviously dump Parker (a pick might have to be attached), in this scenario.

Paul is more than likely re-signing, but it's either make a long shot push for him and go all in on the present or blow it up, kick the can down the road a few years and hope to peak again when Leonard is in his late 20's. Right now, they're caught in between and the longer is continues, the less chance of contending again while he's in his prime.

TheDoctor
12-11-2016, 12:48 AM
20p/20a/5r/3s tonite.

Damn :wow

Kawhitstorm
12-11-2016, 12:54 AM
20p/20a/5r/3s tonite.

Damn :wow

....yeah against a D-League roster than Austin Rivers/Mo Speights are torching.:lmao

Where was he against the Duds?:wakeup

gambit1990
12-11-2016, 01:30 PM
first player in nba history to put up 20 points, 20 assists, and 0 turnovers.

Kawhitstorm
12-11-2016, 03:03 PM
first player in nba history to put up 20 points, 20 assists, and 0 turnovers.

....against a D-League roster.:sleep (The Pelicans line-up w/o Davis/Jrue is worse than the Sixers w/o Embiid)

In any case, Ramon Session/Brandon Jennings have had 20/20 games against teams w/ NBA level rosters but they had :cry2 turnovers:cry

TheDoctor
12-12-2016, 09:41 AM
....yeah against a D-League roster than Austin Rivers/Mo Speights are torching.:lmao

Where was he against the Duds?:wakeup

Yeah because our PGs would have had a line like that vs that same team http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/93/21/9321f82af44ed9f4befb419bfc7a5452.png

T Park
12-12-2016, 10:55 AM
not sure if this thread is serious or not.....

TheGreatYacht
12-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Yeah because our PGs would have had a line like that vs that same team http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/93/21/9321f82af44ed9f4befb419bfc7a5452.png
Obviously not. They don't play enough minutes and the open shooters don't make shots

SAGirl
12-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Probably not. Too old, again presenting issues of an aging core or supporting case for Kawhi...

TheDoctor
12-13-2016, 05:22 PM

baseline bum
12-13-2016, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't pay him a max deal. I know he is an MVP level player right now, but small guards who rely on their speed always flame out overnight in their early 30s. It happened with Parker. Back in 2013 this guy was a legit MVP candidate, by 2014 the team was often better with him on the bench, and since 2015 he has been a scrub. Same thing with Isiah Thomas, he fell off a cliff at age 31. Same thing with Kevin Johnson at 31. Iverson at 33. I would never trust a small point guard like Paul to age well and I'd want to pay him for what he'd be capable of providing in his contract, not a Kobe deal paying him for what he has done before. CP3 is one of the most amazing point guards I have ever seen but I can't think of a single six foot point guard who aged well.

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't pay him a max deal. I know he is an MVP level player right now, but small guards who rely on their speed always flame out overnight in their early 30s. It happened with Parker. Back in 2013 this guy was a legit MVP candidate, by 2014 the team was often better with him on the bench, and since 2015 he has been a scrub. Same thing with Isiah Thomas, he fell off a cliff at age 31. Same thing with Kevin Johnson at 31. Iverson at 33. I would never trust a small point guard like Paul to age well and I'd want to pay him for what he'd be capable of providing in his contract, not a Kobe deal paying him for what he has done before. CP3 is one of the most amazing point guards I have ever seen but I can't think of a single six foot point guard who aged well.

He basically doesn't get to the rim & is living off mid-range jumpers which he's hitting at an unsustainable 53%. He was shooting 44% on 3s & that has now regressed back to his career average of 35% in December. His defense is also overrated, Curry has ran a train on him ever since forever & Kyrie also owns him so he basically has low value against the top 2 contenders.:lol (WestBrick also eats his lunch & has no regard for that midget)

The trend this season has been that he's been mediocre when his 3 isn't falling & he can't draw cheap fouls to get to the line. Dude couldn't outplay Jeff Teague this season in two embarrassing losses & he's supposed to be a leading MVP candidate.:lmao (Conley lit him up like a Christmas light)

Dragic is leading the league in drives which would make him lethal if he was surrounded by shooters (Danny/Kawhi/LMA) & he has a very reasonable contract (15mill per). PATFO can also dump Pau/Fat Head in that deal which would be addition by subtraction.:toast

tholdren
12-13-2016, 09:41 PM
I would want Cp3 if it got rid of pau, tony, and lMa

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Probably not. Too old, again presenting issues of an aging core or supporting case for Kawhi...

Elfrid Payton is an interesting candidate, he's basically has been Mike Conley w/ a broken jumpshot: http://bkref.com/tiny/q3Tcm

He's gong to be a RFA in 2018 so PATFO could target him if the Magic decided to go a different route.

spursistan
01-01-2017, 05:15 PM
So you want us to pay +30 millions for the next 5 years for a 32-yo hamstring that could pop at anytime..

Doc rushed him back vs the Pelicans and he is now apparently going to miss more games after aggravating it..If Paul is serious about winning a title, he should take a discount and come to SA, Pop will take care of his minutes and rest pattern to extend his career...Otherwise, Melo West isn't the worst of fates for him.

Kawhitstorm
01-01-2017, 06:08 PM
So you want us to pay +30 millions for the next 5 years for a 32-yo hamstring that could pop at anytime..Doc rushed him back vs the Pelicans and he is now apparently going to miss more games after aggravating it..

He is going the KJ route his career was ended by a nagging groin injury at the tail end of his prime.

If Paul is serious about winning a title, he should take a discount and come to SA, Pop will take care of his minutes and rest pattern to extend his career...Otherwise, Melo West isn't the worst of fates for him.

Choke-P was the one that hired Michelle Roberts to negotiate the new CBA which paved the way for 10+ year vets to earn 200+ mill contract so he is going to take his money & retire ringless like Melo.:lol

spursistan
04-14-2017, 08:23 PM

Good for the Clips :lol..

A ring isn't Paul top priority, it appears, which is fine..State Farm commercials and living in LA with 36 millions per annum in the bank isn't the worst of fates..

dabom
04-14-2017, 08:36 PM
It's all a done deal until you lose again. :lol

Spurtacular
04-14-2017, 09:59 PM
It's not gonna happen, tbh.

Spurtacular
04-14-2017, 10:01 PM

Good for the Clips :lol..

A ring isn't Paul top priority, it appears, which is fine..State Farm commercials and living in LA with 36 millions per annum in the bank isn't the worst of fates..

Disaster in the making.

Chris Paul Clippers
For months word has been out that Paul, who turns 32 in May, has agreed to a five-year extension that will top the $200 million mark. As one industry source told Forbes.com recently, “It’s all done, with a wink and a nod.’’
No surprise. Despite his failure to lead the Clippers out of the second round once, he’s still viewed as the one player they’d have the most trouble replacing.
Paul could earn close to $36 million next season after earning $22.9 million next season. The Knicks were expected to chase Paul, but it doesn’t appear as if he’s heading anywhere, even if the Clippers have another short playoff run.

Russ
04-14-2017, 10:11 PM
How about Redick instead . . .

gambit1990
04-14-2017, 10:24 PM
it is imo.

he stays with his team... "a ring isn't a top priority."
he leaves his team... "he's a ring chaser."

GSH
04-14-2017, 10:27 PM
Silly-assed premise for the thread. What's the trade-off? What do the Spurs have to give up to be able to afford to pay CP3 the max? If this is some Fantasy Island question where the Spurs get to pay for CP3 in a vacuum, then why not? He's a hell of a lot better than what we have now. If you want to talk seriously about what it would take to make that happen, you better do the homework on cap and contract effects.

Hill is solid at the point. No gaudy numbers, and not a lot of highlight-reel plays. Just solid. And that's all this team needs right now. I'd kill to have him on the roster going into this post-season. If he's feeling nostalgic, and wants to sign a Danny Green-like contract to come "home", I'd love to see it happen. And, yeah, the 1-2-3 defense would be ugly. I'll go one better - I think LMA made the Spurs' defense better when he got here. I think the Spurs 1-2-3-4 defense would be pretty incredible. That lineup is almost good enough to rival some of the older Spurs teams for defensive dominance, just loaded on the other end. And that might be better for "today's NBA" anyway.

gambit1990
04-14-2017, 10:30 PM
on the year:
-2nd best assist to turnover ratio (#1 among PGs)
-4th most assists per game (#3 among PGs)
-3rd most steals per game (#2 among PGs)

TS% was .660...

dabom
04-14-2017, 10:31 PM
it is imo.

he stays with his team... "a ring isn't a top priority."
he leaves his team... "he's a ring chaser."

That goes away after youre a champion though. :lol

SpursforSix
04-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Silly-assed premise for the thread. What's the trade-off? What do the Spurs have to give up to be able to afford to pay CP3 the max? If this is some Fantasy Island question where the Spurs get to pay for CP3 in a vacuum, then why not? He's a hell of a lot better than what we have now. If you want to talk seriously about what it would take to make that happen, you better do the homework on cap and contract effects.

Hill is solid at the point. No gaudy numbers, and not a lot of highlight-reel plays. Just solid. And that's all this team needs right now. I'd kill to have him on the roster going into this post-season. If he's feeling nostalgic, and wants to sign a Danny Green-like contract to come "home", I'd love to see it happen. And, yeah, the 1-2-3 defense would be ugly. I'll go one better - I think LMA made the Spurs' defense better when he got here. I think the Spurs 1-2-3-4 defense would be pretty incredible. That lineup is almost good enough to rival some of the older Spurs teams for defensive dominance, just loaded on the other end. And that might be better for "today's NBA" anyway.

Nostalgic? He was here for like 3 years. I'd love to have him back but I'm not sure he's thinking much about it.

GSH
04-14-2017, 11:00 PM
Nostalgic? He was here for like 3 years. I'd love to have him back but I'm not sure he's thinking much about it.

Ummm... that's what "nostalgic" means. An attachment to the past? If he'd never been here, he couldn't be nostalgic.

I don't know what the hell Hill is or isn't thinking. I'm just saying. At the right price, I'd love to see him come back. But he'd have to sign at a discount for the Spurs to be able to sign him. That's sort of what the whole "nostalgia" thing was about.

SpursforSix
04-14-2017, 11:48 PM
Ummm... that's what "nostalgic" means. An attachment to the past? If he'd never been here, he couldn't be nostalgic.

I don't know what the hell Hill is or isn't thinking. I'm just saying. At the right price, I'd love to see him come back. But he'd have to sign at a discount for the Spurs to be able to sign him. That's sort of what the whole "nostalgia" thing was about.

Yeah...for an NBA player, I just don't think 3 years creates much nostalgia. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe Hill has some type of bond with SA. I just don't see it. He got traded and has moved in with a nice career. He's going to go to the highest bidder IMO.

gambit1990
04-22-2017, 01:10 AM
34 points on 54.5% shooting, 10 assists, 7 rebounds. no blake in the 2nd half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9bIBPIHXk

DMC
04-22-2017, 01:42 AM
Doesn't matter. We aren't going to ring again with the level ot stacking going on now. There are no rivalries any more. Now it's just 30 year old kids never growing up, treating the NBA like a job at Big Lots, just work together and milk the stupid fans for money.