PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Horns

scott
10-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Texas has a solid team this year, and are obviously light years ahead of my Sooners. Vince didn't have what I'd call a great game, and it was enough to dominate Oklahoma. Not a lot standing in their way to the Rose Bowl now.

Some notes from a objective observer:

I've never seen something bad happen when Texas puts the ball in Romance Taylor's hands. I think the kid is a game-changer. He isn't on Reggie Bush's caliber, but he is that type of player. UT should do more to put the ball in his hands.

They should feed the RB Charles the ball more. The kid has game breaking speed and some good moves, and that is something UT should take advantage of.

UT's offense looks their worst when Selvin Young is in at RB. Other than to give Charles a break, he shouldn't ever be in the game.

Melton needs to learn how to be a short yardage runner. He thinks he's a game breaker and needs to realize that he is a bruiser.

I think Texas has a great front 7 that allows an otherwise average secondary make big plays. I think they will be tested against Texas Tech, but should pull out the victory.

Vince Young still has some growing to do in the passing department, but there is no denying he is a game breaker. This year's Vince Young is what the Horns have lacked in trying to be a national contender for the last 5-6 years. He is a stud on the college level and deserves all the hype.

Now, enough of those props. I'm pleased with the way my Sooners played. They were clearly outmatched, but they fought hard. Bomar has a lot of work to do to be a servicable QB, and even then I'm not sure. Having Peterson would have helped, but even then I think Texas would have beat us by 20.

I think Texas will dominate this series until Vince goes pro, and then the tables WILL turn back to OU. That may be as soon as next year... :smokin

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Vince didn't have what I'd call a great game, and it was enough to dominate Oklahoma.
14-27 241 yards passing 3 tds 0 ints is pretty damn good.

He didn't rush that much though because UT was mainly passing the ball. I wanted them to run the ball more in the 1st half but oh well. We got the job done anyways.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Stoops better find a QB in juco ball this year. Bomar sucks.

2centsworth
10-08-2005, 05:02 PM
As for Vince, he has a lot of room for improvement in the passing game.

I think his sore hammy and horrible footing slowed his running.

Mr Dio
10-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Scott, you a gentleman sir.

samikeyp
10-08-2005, 06:14 PM
yes you are Scott...and a great sport.

Mr Dio
10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Absolutely.

2centsworth
10-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Scot's a cool dude.