PDA

View Full Version : Recomned me some snow blowers.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Anyone buy one of those electric blowers? I moved in with my grandmother temporarily after the breakup and man..i forgotten how bad it is to shovel. Its a back killer...been so used to apartments.

We had 30cm of snow the last two days I believe..and another 30cm expected in the weekend.

Manual shovelling is a bitch. What are some good electric snow blowers? Prefedebly under 400 dollars.

MultiTroll
12-08-2016, 05:15 PM
http://st.depositphotos.com/1159724/2397/i/950/depositphotos_23971373-stock-photo-young-woman-tasting-cocaine.jpg

pgardn
12-08-2016, 05:16 PM
http://st.depositphotos.com/1159724/2397/i/950/depositphotos_23971373-stock-photo-young-woman-tasting-cocaine.jpg

I dunno about under 400...

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:17 PM
Anyone buy one of those electric blowers? I moved in with my grandmother temporarily after the breakup and man..i forgotten how bad it is to shovel. Its a back killer...been so used to apartments.

We had 30cm of snow the last two days I believe..and another 30cm expected in the weekend.

Manual shovelling is a bitch. What are some good electric snow blowers? Prefedebly under 400 dollars.

I don't live in an area where I've had to shovel snow but it seems like it's be easier to just melt it.

lefty20
12-08-2016, 05:18 PM
cm? da fuq m8, this is murica!

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Here's what you do. Dig a couple of small trenches and lay some heating coils down the trenches and hook them up to your electricity. Flick the switch...go grab a beer...and relax.

pgardn
12-08-2016, 05:20 PM
I don't live in an area where I've had to shovel snow but it seems like it's be easier to just melt it.

If he melted it would re freeze into ice and he would fall on his head next time owt.

In Canada they say out, owt.

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:21 PM
If he melted it would re freeze into ice and he would fall on his head next time owt.

In Canada they say out, owt.

how is going to refreeze with the heating coils?

pgardn
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM
how is going to refreeze with the heating coils?

It not all gonna just lay by the heating coils. Ya gotta get the side walk, the driveway...

Ya melt one part the other part freezes.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 05:24 PM

Its not going to melt. December-March temp average is around -18c to -22c..You can apply salt so you dont get icy pathway, but you still have to shovel the snow.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 05:26 PM
And pgardn is right now. Unless you apply salt, melting it in other way is Super Dangerous because it freezes really quick. Like 1 minute quick..specially in January and December when you're getting ridiculous -30c to -45c temperature.

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:27 PM
It not all gonna just lay by the heating coils. Ya gotta get the side walk, the driveway...

Ya melt one part the other part freezes.

Once it's melted, then you have some kind of evaporating tubes also run.

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Its not going to melt. December-March temp average is around -18c to -22c..You can apply salt so you dont get icy pathway, but you still have to shovel the snow.

can you build a temporary walkway on top of the snow?

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 05:31 PM
can you build a temporary walkway on top of the snow?

Yeah..thats usually a good alternative but the problem with that is..as you allow the snow to accumulate, the ice beneth it gets thicker and thicker. And over time, you snow route will get really high.

I always say, if you're not salting your walkway..you better not remomve all the snow because the ice can really cause injuries. Every year, i slip at once..if you slip once and the wrong way..it can get dangerous.

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah..thats usually a good alternative but the problem with that is..as you allow the snow to accumulate, the ice beneth it gets thicker and thicker. And over time, you snow route will get really high.

I always say, if you're not salting your walkway..you better not remomve all the snow because the ice can really cause injuries. Every year, i slip at once..if you slip once and the wrong way..it can get dangerous.

Word. I new a guy that slipped on some ice and fell back on his head and they thought he was going to die. It's a pretty common injury I hear. Not the death part but falling back on the head.

So...when you build your temporary walkway, run the heating coils on the bottom.

pgardn
12-08-2016, 05:35 PM
When the snowplow comes down the street knock the driver out.

You know the rest.
Shove everything in the neighbor's yard, replace the driver to his original position.

Joseph Kony
12-08-2016, 05:36 PM
have you tried manually blowing it yourself? seems to be a skill of yours

clambake
12-08-2016, 05:38 PM
why not let the snow build up and then tunnel? then it can snow as much as it wants. live like eskimo.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 05:40 PM
why not let the snow build up and then tunnel? then it can snow as much as it wants. live like eskimo.

I dont haelve the skills or time to do that..I dont even know anyone that does that. :lol

pgardn
12-08-2016, 05:41 PM

The tunnel will have to be reinforced to code.
If not, it might collapse and then who will explain the frozen snow plow driver to the police?

clambake
12-08-2016, 05:42 PM
I dont haelve the skills or time to do that..I dont even know anyone that does that. :lol

yeah, just call starving students snow tunnelers. they work for food.

clambake
12-08-2016, 05:43 PM
The tunnel will have to be reinforced to code.
If not, it might collapse and then who will explain the frozen snow plow driver to the police?

fuck the police. they won't find that driver until it thaws in the spring.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Word. I new a guy that slipped on some ice and fell back on his head and they thought he was going to die. It's a pretty common injury I hear. Not the death part but falling back on the head.

So...when you build your temporary walkway, run the heating coils on the bottom.

Yup. Its usually a combination of multiple factors though. Like a slippery pathway plus non-winter boots.

If you're wearing non-winter shoes and you slip, the fall is much harder because the shoes dont hold up and tend to give a more natural slip by banana fall.

If you're wearing good boots though..You might fall, but chances are you're slipping forward and you probably end up injuring your arms or ankles. Much better than the former...but its all conditional really...

You're walking with zero care..evens.good bots wont save you.

clambake
12-08-2016, 05:50 PM
i'd move

SnakeBoy
12-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Just buy some snowshoes for you and your granny

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 07:16 PM
:lol

My granny is trying to police me here tbh. She gets bored and lonely sometimes since shes the only here..plus so many things she cant do she has to pay for with her little pension...:lol

I think im just gonna offer to pay for shovelling and gardening when i leave. 40 dollars is usually enough every month. Would save her about 600 a year.

Wild Cobra
12-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Recomned me some snow blowers.

How about Al Gore. Invite him over. He's full of hot air.

SpursforSix
12-08-2016, 09:41 PM
:lol

My granny is trying to police me here tbh. She gets bored and lonely sometimes since shes the only here..plus so many things she cant do she has to pay for with her little pension...:lol

I think im just gonna offer to pay for shovelling and gardening when i leave. 40 dollars is usually enough every month. Would save her about 600 a year.

Sounds like grandma may be the problem. Next time she comes out to tell you how to shovel, do a super man punch and drive hear head against the ice. Cover her with snow and figure it out in the spring.

pgardn
12-08-2016, 10:04 PM
fuck the police. they won't find that driver until it thaws in the spring.

Good point.

Commence with the tunneling.

chunticakes
12-08-2016, 11:07 PM
No lie when I scrolled past the thread I did a double take. I initially read it as "recommend me some blow". :lmao