PDA

View Full Version : Raptors: Derozan: "Kobe's my passion"

StrengthAndHonor
12-08-2016, 06:58 PM
He still has a bitter memory of Game 5 in the 1997 playoffs against the Utah Jazz, when Bryant shot a series of air balls in an overtime loss. "I was 7 years old, and I wanted to cry," DeRozan said. "He was my passion."

"Kobe had an aura around him when he was on the court; he intimidated all of us. I was inside a video game," DeRozan said. "I'd watched him growing up. I watched Kobe do everything. His shot. His footwork. How he works in the post. Everything growing up was Kobe. I tried to emulate the tough shots he took, his pump fake. There's nothing you can show me that Kobe has done on a court that I don't know about or have tried. I practice almost all of them."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18184330/demar-derozan-quest-take-kobe-mantle

Amazing. No wonder Derozan is playing like a superstar...

baseline bum
12-08-2016, 07:05 PM
God damn, I didn't realize DeRozan was having the season he has. I definitely gotta watch this TNT game coming up.

apalisoc_9
12-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Kobe can shoot threes and Was a hell.lf a defender in the three peat days. Maybe defrozen can try to attempt those too.

Also, hes cooled off.

Clipper Nation
12-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Damn, DeBlowzan makes Jalen Ramsey look heterosexual. Calling another man your "passion" - for real?

Killakobe81
12-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Damn, DeBlowzan makes Jalen Ramsey look heterosexual. Calling another man your "passion" - for real?

Can't lie appreciate his respect for greatness but out of context ...I agree sounds gay

Koolaid_Man
12-09-2016, 07:21 AM

he was my passion as well

WQxgHgRh95Y

Seventyniner
12-09-2016, 04:59 PM
DeRozen is certainly doing his best Kobe impression this season.

Raven
12-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Kobe can shoot threes and Was a hell.lf a defender in the three peat days. Maybe defrozen can try to attempt those too.

Also, hes cooled off.

numbers say he is the worst 3 point shooter in history and he was always an average defender at best. The very definition of a stapadding gambler ..

DMC
12-09-2016, 08:49 PM
DeRozen is certainly doing his best Kobe impression this season.

Has he thrown Lowry under the bus yet? Has he raped?

DMC
12-09-2016, 08:51 PM
numbers say he is the worst 3 point shooter in history and he was always an average defender at best. The very definition of a stapadding gambler ..

Not a gambler at all. Kobe is part of the "me first" crowd who thinks (maybe rightfully so) that even though there are 4 other players on the floor with him, the game isn't about winning, necessarily. It's about looking like you're the reason they are winning. Maybe you are, but that mentality always needs a true team guy to be successful (MVPippen, MVPau, Shaq for example).

It's about personal brand now. It's not even a game anymore.