PDA

View Full Version : This Team Is Done

Pages : [1] 2

TD 21
12-08-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't care if they come back and pull another fools gold win out of their ass against some inferior opponent, really good teams don't trail by double digits in 6 of 7 or whatever it's been and repeatedly labor to eclipse 30 in the 1st half (while being mostly healthy). Not having a dynamic guard makes everything difficult and is a death knell in today's NBA.

They can either keep pretending or face what's staring them in the face: it's time to re-build. Everyone not named Leonard should be anywhere from in play - shopped hard, with the intention being to peak again when he's in his late 20's. The longer they wait, the greater the chance of wasting the entirety of his prime out of contention.

It's been 2+ seasons of progressive decline and they've continued to pull games out of their ass mostly on muscle memory and sheer will, but that only lasts so long and goes so far. You can feel the bottom about to drop out. They might as well save themselves another inevitable playoff disappointment/embarrassment and maximize the return of some of the key players while they still have a decent amount of term left.

Darius Bieber
12-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I've been saying this for a while. This team is never gonna be a contender again.

MaNu4Tres
12-08-2016, 11:35 PM
Make LaMarcus happy and ship his lazy ass to Phoenix.

dabom
12-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Maybe we should give LMA a bigger offensive portion right now. :lmao

Robz4000
12-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Wrong thread

Gagnrath
12-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Please lamarcus on a down night like tonight go inside and post up.

Spurs9
12-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Its so frustrating to watch tbh

SAGirl
12-08-2016, 11:53 PM
I kind of agree.
I was going to post a thread Is Manu done?
I think Manu is done period.
The sooner Pop knows it and works something out around that fact the better.
If he doesn't, the team will fail.

Manu has already come out too many games looking like this. He will make a hustle play or a pass here or there, but he's 39 and this right now is what he will look like in the playoffs. He's going ot be even more worn out by that point.

Nathan89
12-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Maybe we should give LMA a bigger offensive portion right now. :lmao:lol POS can't even hit open shots. Commentators routinely say "Aldridge is off tonight, he's usually automatic from that distance".

bklynspursfan
12-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Never change Spurs Talk :wakeup

100%duncan
12-08-2016, 11:59 PM

What's the silver lining now?

spurtech09
12-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Says who?.....

spurraider21
12-09-2016, 12:00 AM
death, taxes, and RJ 24 posting about how the spurs are done

bklynspursfan
12-09-2016, 12:01 AM
I kind of agree.

Manu has already come out too many games looking like this. He will make a hustle play or a pass here or there, but he's 39 and this right now is what he will look like in the playoffs. He's going ot be even more worn out by that point.

I'm sorry, but playing Manu less and Anderson more (since he's the odd guy out) will not swing the needle for us. The issue has been Pau being inconsistent/poor defensively and still getting adjusted, and LMA just off to a terribly slow start. If LMA plays at a higher level, we aren't having this discussion now. He didn't pick it up till about January last year, so we'll see how this year goes. But that's just what it is, our front court sans Kawhi has underwhelmed tremendously thus far.

But the issue is not Manu this year.

bklynspursfan
12-09-2016, 12:02 AM
What's the silver lining now?

Idk tbh. But I mean the Bulls came into this game losing 3 in a row and are playing at home. We were down 18 and made it a game. They were clearly the more desperate team. On to the next the way I see it. The outcome of this game whether it's a W or L doesn't change anything in the big picture lol.

Also, the officiating was comparable to the Bucks game. It was pretty terrible

Mikeanaro
12-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Worst Post Duncan game ever.

100%duncan
12-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Idk tbh. But I mean the Bulls came into this game losing 3 in a row and are playing at home. We were down 18 and made it a game. They were clearly the more desperate team. On to the next the way I see it. The outcome of this game whether it's a W or L doesn't change anything in the big picture lol.

Also, the officiating was comparable to the Bucks game. It was pretty terrible

I call bullshit

apalisoc_9

Boom...

Bledsoe is young.

Robz4000
Get rid of everyone but Kawhi, Green, Bertans, and Dedmon. I'd like to keep Mills and Simmons but they'll be too expensive. Get Pop the fuck out too.

RD2191
12-09-2016, 12:06 AM

Spur|n|Austin

Orlando..

SAGirl
I'm sorry, but playing Manu less and Anderson more (since he's the odd guy out) will not swing the needle for us. The issue has been Pau being inconsistent/poor defensively and still getting adjusted, and LMA just off to a terribly slow start. If LMA plays at a higher level, we aren't having this discussion now. He didn't pick it up till about January last year, so we'll see how this year goes. But that's just what it is, our front court sans Kawhi has underwhelmed tremendously thus far.

But the issue is not Manu this year.
Manu is shooting horrible. He's extremely inefficient this season.
I am thinking they need to go a different direction. Work Anderson and Bertans in.... I think even Simmons needs to play more than him and have him with the ball and if he's off the ball, he needs to be cutting. He can't shoot period, so they have to work around that somehow.
Whatever they do, even a trade: Manu's role needs to diminish, and be reduced. If they don't do that they are done for. Maybe they are done for anyways.
But I cannot imagine it's easy even for his fans watching his play lately.
If that was Anderson having that kind of game guys would be saying he's not good enough. He had a much better game than Ginobili last game and has had very little opportunities to get incorporated in the bench since he's a deep reserve. If not him, they need someone else.
Manu is done is all I am saying emphatically.

spurtech09

Also, the officiating was comparable to the Bucks game. It was pretty terribleyes......last couple games the officiating has been terrible...

TheGreatYacht
12-09-2016, 12:08 AM
I kind of agree.

Please make it

spurtech09
You win some lose some.....Just a game......People take this NBA basketball stuff too serious.....

Robz4000
death, taxes, and RJ 24 posting about how the spurs are done

He might not be wrong on this one though. This offense the Spurs are running is easy to defend and they don't have an elite defense to fall back on. If the Spurs land Utah or Houston in the first round they're in deep trouble, much less against the Clippers and Dubs.

RD2191
12-09-2016, 12:09 AM
You win some lose some.....Just a game......People take this NBA basketball stuff too serious.....
Pop?

TimDunkem
12-09-2016, 12:11 AM
I just want to know why Manu has yet to become a knockdown 3-point shooter. Fuck. Haven't you shot enough of them?

Spurs9
12-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Get rid of everyone but Kawhi, Green, Bertans, and Dedmon. I'd like to keep Mills and Simmons but they'll be too expensive. Get Pop the fuck out too.

Keep Murray too

bklynspursfan
12-09-2016, 12:12 AM
I call bullshit

How is that bs? Those r things that actually happened .

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 12:12 AM
Please make it
What
you can't make thread TGY?

Mikeanaro
12-09-2016, 12:13 AM
That doesnt mean you have to be lazy, its a competitive game and you need a good seed to win it all.

Kawhitstorm
:cryKawhi isn't making his teammates better by not making their shots & rebounding for them:cry

:cryLeBron won a championship w/ Kyrie, why can't Kawhi do the same w/ TOSB Porker:cry

:cryKawhi isn't shooting 50% every game while being FORCED to take difficult shots:cry

............I guess it took you guys 2 years to realize the supporting cast has been toast since 2014.:wakeup

100%duncan
How is that bs? Those r things that actually happened .

Because you don't judge a game based on previous games? Follow your logic, this team lost 3 straight, they are a bad team, and somehow a "contender" loses to them in the same fashion they ALMOST lost their past 4 games?

Dancelot
12-09-2016, 12:14 AM
I'd like them to keep Murray as well, I think that kid is going to be good and a nice pair with kawhi.

TheGreatYacht
What
you can't make thread TGY?
Nope pinked :depressed

HarlemHeat37
Eh, it's just 1 game against a team that is virtually unbeatable at home on TNT(16 wins in a row)..not to mention the poor officiating on every Wade and Butler flop..

This game doesn't change anything..Spurs have a poorly built roster at the top, but they're a fringe contender by default..

spurraider21
He might not be wrong on this one though. This offense the Spurs are running is easy to defend and they don't have an elite defense to fall back on. If the Spurs land Utah or Houston in the first round they're in deep trouble, much less against the Clippers and Dubs.a broken clock is right twice a day. this guy posts cliff jumping threads on the regular, including during the 13-14 season

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:18 AM
a broken clock is right twice a day. this guy posts cliff jumping threads on the regular, including during the 13-14 season

This might be one of those times though. Hated the Gasol signing when they made it and I hate it even more now. Spurs needed a quality guard and instead they went for a slow-footed big that doesn't fit the SL at all.

Kawhitstorm
This game doesn't change anything..Spurs have a poorly built roster at the top, but they're a fringe contender by default..

One takeaway from this post is that folks are changing their narrative about Kawhi having enough around him to contend.

BG_Spurs_Fan
Meh they weren't that bad, just missed a lot of open shots and the offense is kinda stagnant, but that's not new.

On the other hand, the meltdowns of the past were so much better than this.

Kawhitstorm
This might be one of those times though. Hated the Gasol signing when they made it and I hate it even more now. Spurs needed a quality guard and instead they went for a slow-footed big that doesn't fit the SL at all.

....Porker probably lobbied for Pau, tbh.

Holden_Caulfield
12-09-2016, 12:19 AM
blow it up

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2016, 12:19 AM
One takeaway from this post is that folks are changing their narrative about Kawhi having enough around him to contend.

It's just too tough to win without a good PG in today's league, tbh..they desperately need a 2nd creator..

Arcadian
12-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Didn't read the OP, but fuck off. It was a bad shooting night.

Kawhitstorm
Meh they weren't that bad, just missed a lot of open shots and the offense is kinda stagnant, but that's not new.

Softridge got outplayed by this guy:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3113587.png

spursgu
Too much fucking divas on this forum. From having an impressive win over the Bucks (according to this forum) to now saying the team is done.

spursgu
12-09-2016, 12:22 AM
Didn't read the OP, but fuck off. It was a bad shooting night.

:tu

100%duncan
Softridge got outplayed by this guy:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3113587.png

:lmao :lmao

spursistan
They have done a relatively dismal job preparing for this..PATFO inability--since 2012-- to hit another home run in the draft, another scrap heap digging was compounded by handing out contracts weighing more nostalgia factors than actual performance, not to mention stumbling into signing two "star" Bigs whose combined impact on the game can't even sniff that of post-post prime Duncan by himself (2012-2015)..

I don't see it happening with regard to Parker, but if they don't (or look to) reset on Aldridge/Gasol direction starting this trade deadline, they deserve their mediocrity..

Harry Callahan
12-09-2016, 12:23 AM
LMA, Parker and Gasol have fallen off a cliff. I hate the lack of defensive resistance by Gasol and its rubbed off on LMA who is way too passive.

Tony Parker is simply not very good and needs to sit the bench until he can retire or be shipped off. I'd rather have the kid from Argentina out there along with Patty as the point guards. He plays tough, moves the ball and can hit a 3.

I hate to rip Tony Parker so much but time waits for no man. He can't cut it anymore on a semi-regular basis. One good game out of five or six is not gonna work.

bklynspursfan
12-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Because you don't judge a game based on previous games? Follow your logic, this team lost 3 straight, they are a bad team, and somehow a "contender" loses to them in the same fashion they ALMOST lost their past 4 games?

The Bulls aren't a bad team. They aren't true contenders, but they aren't bad.

Look it's obvious this team has a lot of work to do. But geez, we had the 2nd largest pt differential last yr and where did it get us?

Like if we beat the clips in LA in a couple weeks , how many people will change their tune? It's the fickleness of this site that gets me.

The regular season in general has always been a tuneup for us. With so much turnover, that's the case x1000.

TD 21
12-09-2016, 12:25 AM

I'm not changing shit. I never said he did, I said he doesn't maximize what he does have and nothing's changed in that regard. Either way, they're not good enough though.

You overly sensitive idiot(s?) took it and ran with it and because you're so easy, I couldn't resist baiting you, but I like Leonard as much as most; he's just not a play maker for others.

And it's not one game. This game was symptomatic and a microcosm of their issues, but this thread would have applied weeks ago and it will months from now.

100%duncan
12-09-2016, 12:26 AM

Look it's obvious this team has a lot of work to do. But geez, we had the 2nd largest pt differential last yr and where did it get us?

Like if we beat the clips in LA in a couple weeks , how many people will change their tune? It's the fickleness of this site that gets me.

The regular season in general has always been a tuneup for us. With so much turnover, that's the case x1000.

I, along with the others, have never been that much optimistic for the whole year. This season's 1st quarter has been filled with bad teams with only GSW, Clippers and Rockets being games worthy of noting.

Cry Havoc
12-09-2016, 12:27 AM
I've been saying this for a while. This team is never gonna be a contender again.

Yeah, your weak-ass said that in 2014 too, for basically the entire season. Then you celebrated at the end like you are a real fan.

Kawhitstorm
It's just too tough to win without a good PG in today's league, tbh..they desperately need a 2nd creator..

Dragic is there for the taking, Riley is trying to free up cap space & tank. Pau to the Celtics; Smart/Kyle/Amir to the Heat.

Heat starting the likes of McGruder/Derrick Williams/Babbitt:lmao

Robz4000
Too much fucking divas on this forum. From having an impressive win over the Bucks (according to this forum) to now saying the team is done.

It was an impressive win but did nothing to convince us that this team is a legit contender. The fact they had to come back from 15 down against them in the first place was pathetic.

DMC
12-09-2016, 12:29 AM
meh

only two people got to the FT line.

Only 5 FTs all game

Manu 0 for 9.

Lose by single digits on the road

I'll take it.

This team is still learning itself. That they can do that and remain at the top of the standings in the process is something any other NBA fan would gladly accept for their team. How they can overcome adversity, command momentum when needed, right the ship, turn the worm... all that factors in to building character.

They had a bad night and fought through it. That's better than a blowout win in an otherwise meaningless game.

Harry Callahan
12-09-2016, 12:30 AM
The bench has the chance to be good if Bertans and Simmons improve.

The starters just don't have enough juice outside of Danny Green and KL. They just don't. Sad.

I went to the home game against Dallas when Pop sat a healthy, 31 year old LMA and the team was outplayed by a D League team. Kawhi and Patty made just enough big plays to win it.

Proxy
12-09-2016, 12:30 AM
seems pretty NASF to freak out about a loss like this in december. I tend to think back to when the team sucked until the rodeo trip.

Harry Callahan
12-09-2016, 12:31 AM
The officiating in this game was wretched. Five FTs might be the lowest total of any team this year.

Old School 44

Kawhitstorm
You overly sensitive idiot(s?) took it and ran with it and because you're so easy, I couldn't resist baiting you, but I like Leonard as much as most; he's just not a play maker for others..

You started a narrative that blew up in your face now you're running away from it just like Softridge does in Gm 5 of a playoff game.:lmao

Darius Bieber
12-09-2016, 12:32 AM
meh

Only 5 FTs all game

Manu 0 for 9.

I'll take it.

I wouldn't take it for the simple fact that we'll see the same problems over and over again. Manu has been sucking it up. LMA has gotten less than 10 points in 3 out of the last 5 games. Pau continues to be a liability. Porker has been bad too. Spurs have had slow starts to every game. Defense has been bad. FT disparity has been bad too. This will all come to bite them.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Ahhh well, this is a cliffjumping thread by TD 21, but we knew they needed a quality guard and Pop stood pat with Tony and Manu.
It's not difficult to see where the team will come up short.

DMC
12-09-2016, 12:34 AM
The bench has the chance to be good if Bertans and Simmons improve.

The starters just don't have enough juice outside of Danny Green and KL. They just don't. Sad.

I went to the home game against Dallas when Pop sat a healthy, 31 year old LMA and the team was outplayed by a D League team. Kawhi and Patty made just enough big plays to win it.

This isn't really possible. If your team sucks that bad, you'd be down there with the Lakers and Nuggets, not number 2 in the West.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 12:36 AM
LMA, Parker and Gasol have fallen off a cliff. I hate the lack of defensive resistance by Gasol and its rubbed off on LMA who is way too passive.

Tony Parker is simply not very good and needs to sit the bench until he can retire or be shipped off. I'd rather have the kid from Argentina out there along with Patty as the point guards. He plays tough, moves the ball and can hit a 3.

I hate to rip Tony Parker so much but time waits for no man. He can't cut it anymore on a semi-regular basis. One good game out of five or six is not gonna work.
You need to include Manu there buddy.

They have all fallen off cliffs.

Kawhi is carrying them, with sometimes help from someone, some roleplayer, Mills often, Lee sometimes, Bertans sometimes, etc.

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 12:37 AM

Softridge is a mentally fragile bitch who shrinks when things aren't going his way, Pau plays ZERO defense, Porker has one fluke good game every two weeks & Manure is TOSB. Good luck depending on that come playoff time.:rolleyes

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:37 AM
meh

Only 5 FTs all game

Manu 0 for 9.

I'll take it.

This team is still learning itself. That they can do that and remain at the top of the standings in the process is something any other NBA fan would gladly accept for their team. How they can overcome adversity, command momentum when needed, right the ship, turn the worm... all that factors in to building character.

They had a bad night and fought through it. That's better than a blowout win in an otherwise meaningless game.

They're more than a fourth of the way through the season and there's been zero improvement/chemistry built with the SL. At some point they need to come to terms with the fact Gasol is a bad fit.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 12:40 AM
It was an impressive win but did nothing to convince us that this team is a legit contender. The fact they had to come back from 15 down against them in the first place was pathetic.
Another game that Manu was abysmal and was throwing the ball all over and playing horrible.
He just wasn't saved that game bc Mills came up shooting blanks and was 0-8.

TD 21
12-09-2016, 12:41 AM
You started a narrative that blew up in your face now you're running away from it just like Softridge does in Gm 5 of a playoff game.:lmao

Yeah, it blew up in my face because some no life idiot(s?) cried and whined because someone told the truth about a player they worship and jerk off to.

Kawhitstorm
Ahhh well, this is a cliffjumping thread by TD 21, but we knew they needed a quality guard and Pop stood pat with Tony and Manu.
It's not difficult to see where the team will come up short.

But...but....but...it's Kawhi's playmaking that's holding back the team.

:cryThe only reason Softridge isn't making WIDE OPEN shots is b/c Kawhi isn't passing him the ball.:cry

timtonymanu
seems pretty NASF to freak out about a loss like this in december. I tend to think back to when the team sucked until the rodeo trip.

Difference is those past teams had an identity and a piece named Tim Duncan. You're right that it's still early season but the team is in a restructuring season.

Kawhitstorm
Yeah, it blew up in my face because some no life idiot(s?) cried and whined because someone told the truth about a player they worship and jerk off to.

Please don't forget to delete your twitter while you're at it.:wakeup

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 12:43 AM

:cryThe only reason Softridge isn't making WIDE OPEN shots is b/c Kawhi isn't passing him the ball.:cry
Kawhi
is really the only good thing happening this season.
I would scrap it, play the youngsters and send Manu and Tony to retirement.

MaNu4Tres
12-09-2016, 12:43 AM

:lol

Kawhi isn't a good creator for others. I agree with you TD. He can't be the main facilitator if this team has any hope getting past the 2nd round.

If he is?

Clippers in 5 in May.

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 12:47 AM

Kawhi isn't a good creator for others. I agree with you TD. He can't be the main facilitator if this team has any hope getting past the 2nd round.

If he is?

Clippers in 5 in May.

Blazers dumped Softridge & made it to the 2nd rd. :rollin

Dude wouldn't make a WIDE OPEN 15 footer in pressure situations if Stockton was passing him the ball.:lol

Splits
12-09-2016, 12:48 AM
OP is a faggot

TD 21
12-09-2016, 12:48 AM

If he is?

Clippers in 5 in May.

This must mean you're a cliff jumper, an attention seeker and not a real fan.

:cry Stop hating on Kawhi, he's the greatest player ever and has no weaknesses. :cry

:cry You're a faggot because you actually come to a basketball message board to talk basketball and don't waste every waking moment playing internet tough guy and beating to death a played out shtick that was never funny to begin with. :cry

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:49 AM

If he is?

Clippers in 5 in May.

With this offense and the lack of an elite defense teams like Houston or Utah can knock the Spurs out in the first round.

MaNu4Tres
12-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Blazers dumped Softridge & made it to the 2nd rd. :rollin

Dude wouldn't make a WIDE OPEN 15 footer in pressure situations if Stockton was passing him the ball.:lol

Only reason POR made 2nd round was because of CP3 and Blake injuries.

Spurs should make it to round 2, but they'll get waxed by the Clippers if they're healthy.

Aldridge will never be a winner. Trade him for a legit PG and a role playing PF. Kawhi needs help and deserves a Robin to his Batman to have a strong work ethic.

Splits
12-09-2016, 12:51 AM
I don't care if they come back and pull another fools gold win out of their ass against some inferior opponent, really good teams don't trail by double digits in 6 of 7 or whatever it's been and repeatedly labor to eclipse 30 in the 1st half (while being mostly healthy). Not having a dynamic guard makes everything difficult and is a death knell in today's NBA.

They can either keep pretending or face what's staring them in the face: it's time to re-build. Everyone not named Leonard should be anywhere from in play - shopped hard, with the intention being to peak again when he's in his late 20's. The longer they wait, the greater the chance of wasting the entirety of his prime out of contention.

It's been 2+ seasons of progressive decline and they've continued to pull games out of their ass mostly on muscle memory and sheer will, but that only lasts so long and goes so far. You can feel the bottom about to drop out. They might as well save themselves another inevitable playoff disappointment/embarrassment and maximize the return of some of the key players while they still have a decent amount of term left.

2YYNPnql9YI

spurs10
12-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Well nobody could buy a basket and we made it a game. Anyone think that 3 games in 4 nights might be tough? No matter how much you're getting paid. We shoot even modestly decent and we win. We were one game behind GSW coming into this game. That doesn't sound like we are done.
As for the Manu, he isn't going to save us every night at 39 like he did our last home game. He shot horribly, but hustled and did his best to make up for it. Probably was everyone else (with Patty and Kawhi being exceptions) shot as crappy as him.

Splits
12-09-2016, 12:56 AM

:cry Stop hating on Kawhi, he's the greatest player ever and has no weaknesses. :cry

:cry You're a faggot because you actually come to a basketball message board to talk basketball and don't waste every waking moment playing internet tough guy and beating to death a played out shtick that was never funny to begin with. :cry

This is such a shitty take. You should really contemplate suicide. You're not only an idiot, but a total disgrace to humanity. If you have a 2nd Amendment next to you, put it to your head and pull the fucking trigger. Earth would be a better place. Faggot.

Clipper Nation
12-09-2016, 12:56 AM
Only reason POR made 2nd round was because of CP3 and Blake injuries.

That's a myth; we had already switched into choke mode before the injuries.

Spurs_619
12-09-2016, 01:01 AM

Im not being fickle i don't care who we beat this team will not contend until we get a solid 2nd option LMA has come up short. I don't blame parker not his job hes playing ok for what his role should be tbh.

Proxy
12-09-2016, 01:07 AM
Difference is those past teams had an identity and a piece named Tim Duncan. You're right that it's still early season but the team is in a restructuring season.

Yeah, I think about it every game. The Spurs twitter has been putting up some cool TD vids.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed that the team has this record the first season without him at the helm anymore. I don't expect them to win it all, but damn, two months in and ST wants a complete dismantle. They've got flaws, but they also haven't given a shit for an entire game since the opener. Energy hasn't been there. I think the lack of ft in a game is a good indication of a lack of aggression. Coasting, disinterest.... can't imagine flipping out over a dec game though

DPG21920
12-09-2016, 01:09 AM
Even if the Spurs make it the WCF people will complain.

Splits
12-09-2016, 01:09 AM
can't imagine flipping out over a dec game though

Well then, I guess you're not a faggot like the OP

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 01:10 AM
Aldridge will never be a winner. Trade him for a legit PG and a role playing PF. Kawhi needs help and deserves a Robin to his Batman to have a strong work ethic.

I'm hoping the Hawks continue their downward spiral & Millsap makes it known he won't re-sign. PATFO need to pull the trigger on that just like the Dick Jefferson/Jack swap.

Chucho
12-09-2016, 01:16 AM
OP:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2862570663_f50def7a34_m.jpg

Please. Kthnx.

Signed,

The World

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 01:17 AM

:cryYeah, Kawhi not being Magic Johnson is what prevented Softridge from making WIDE OPEN shots:cry

:cryStockton not being a good playmaker is what prevented the Mail Man from delivering on Sundays:cry

apalisoc_9
12-09-2016, 01:26 AM
Hottest thread of the night. 4 pages in one hour. :lol

apalisoc_9
12-09-2016, 01:32 AM
2YYNPnql9YI

I'm just waiting for someone to go to fivver and pay these guys 5 dollars for something more spurstalk related. Iirc, they offer 5 dollars per video..

Maybe my nigga dabom can pay with his enginerring money. :lol

marinoman
12-09-2016, 01:51 AM
It's December, the warriors, clips, cavs are the only challenges...breathe

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 01:51 AM
meh

Only 5 FTs all game

Manu 0 for 9.

I'll take it.

What you saw tonight from the supporting cast is a microcosm of what's going to take place in the postseason. Manure has flamed out the past 2 postseasons so him shooting 0-9 isn't an anomaly.

RD2191
12-09-2016, 01:54 AM
Kawhi isn't a creator? Do some of you morons even watch games? It's hard to rack up assist when you're surrounded by shit, shit and more shit.

RD2191
12-09-2016, 01:58 AM
It's December, the warriors, clips, cavs are the only challenges...breathe

Pretty much, but unlike past seasons we pretty much know the spurs won't make it past the 2nd round this postseason. Kinda takes the excitement of watching them play away.

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2016, 01:59 AM
I don't think the lack of volume 3-point shooting is as much of a problem as it was last season, tbh..they could definitely use 1 more shooter, but it isn't a major problem IMO..

Kawhi: 39% on 5 per game
Green: 41% on 4 per game
Mills: 42% on 4.5 per game
Manu: 37% on 3 per game(although this % might get worse as the season progresses and he loses his legs)

They could use another shooter(wouldn't mind moving Simmons for a reliable shooter, since his game is redundant with Manu on the floor), but it isn't that bad IMO..the lack of a creator at PG continues to be the major issue..

Also, building your team around 3 frontcourt players in 2016 is just bizarre..

spurs10
12-09-2016, 02:05 AM
I don't think the lack of volume 3-point shooting is as much of a problem as it was last season, tbh..they could definitely use 1 more shooter, but it isn't a major problem IMO..

Manu: 37% on 3 per game(although this % might get worse as the season progresses and he loses his legs)

They could use another shooter(wouldn't mind moving Simmons for a reliable shooter, since his game is redundant with Manu on the floor), but it isn't that bad IMO..the lack of a creator at PG continues to be the major issue..

Also, building your team around 3 frontcourt players in 2016 is just bizarre.. It is strange. However it might just be the reason we prevail. We will need Pau and LMA to play their best basketball and then we are in there.

MultiTroll
12-09-2016, 02:07 AM
The officiating in this game was wretched. Five FTs might be the lowest total of any team this year.
We probably were not going to win at the point of 94-88, but that gift FT award to phaggot Wade after Lee went straight up in the air as Wade bricked but threw his arm into Lee. smh

At least we would have had a chance, down 6 with the ball.

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2016, 02:09 AM
We probably were not going to win at the point of 94-88, but that gift FT award to phaggot Wade after Lee went straight up in the air as Wade bricked but threw his arm into Lee. smh

At least we would have had a chance, down 6 with the ball.

Ya, the Jimmy Butler and-1(he missed the FT, fortunately) was a weak-ass call, too..

james evans
12-09-2016, 02:09 AM
It's the same bullshit every game. Start with Aldridge and Gasol and the opposing team's front court are tearing our asses up. 2nd half, play Dedmond and Lee more as we make our comebacks. I have no fucking idea why Gasol and Aldridge are still starting together. The shit isn't working!!!!

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 02:10 AM
It is strange. However it might just be the reason we prevail. We will need Pau and LMA to play their best basketball and then we are in there.

Gasol can barely stay on the floor in December. By the time the playoffs come around he'll be nearly unplayable.

james evans
12-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Pretty much, but unlike past seasons we pretty much know the spurs won't make it past the 2nd round this postseason. Kinda takes the excitement of watching them play away.
we'll make it past the 2nd round. I don't belive the clippers are a challenge to us. We only have GS to worry about in the west

MultiTroll
12-09-2016, 02:12 AM
Ya, the Jimmy Butler and-1(he missed the FT, fortunately) was a weak-ass call, too..
Right on that too.
I played it back, not the best angle but wtf did Green even touch Butler?

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2016, 02:15 AM
It is strange. However it might just be the reason we prevail. We will need Pau and LMA to play their best basketball and then we are in there.

They just don't look comfortable on the floor together, though..obviously there's plenty of time to build chemistry(although Pop will need to rest them less), but still, they have been one of the worst 2-man duos for the Spurs, statistically..

It sucks(hindsight), because the frontcourt is too deep..Dedmon and Lee have been great in their roles, and even Bertans has looked really solid, yet can't even get on the floor in some games..

tenbeersbold
12-09-2016, 02:15 AM
Lmfao,5 ft attempts to 27 ?!?
Big market national TV game ref screw job per par by Silver and co

Y'all don't know this story by now

TimDunkem
12-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Bertans should've gotten some burn tonight. He would've taken Moses Felicio and Hakeem Gibson out of the paint and off of the boards, at least. :lol

Hoops Czar
12-09-2016, 02:24 AM

I'm not changing shit. I never said he did, I said he doesn't maximize what he does have and nothing's changed in that regard. Either way, they're not good enough though.

You overly sensitive idiot(s?) took it and ran with it and because you're so easy, I couldn't resist baiting you, but I like Leonard as much as most; he's just not a play maker for others.

And it's not one game. This game was symptomatic and a microcosm of their issues, but this thread would have applied weeks ago and it will months from now.

Hoops Czar
12-09-2016, 02:25 AM
Eh, it's just 1 game against a team that is virtually unbeatable at home on TNT(16 wins in a row)..not to mention the poor officiating on every Wade and Butler flop..

They're no more of a contender than the 2011 Spurs who lost in the 1st round.

YGWHI
12-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Even if the Spurs make it the WCF people will complain.
NOT ME.

But I guess I'm not people :cry... Anyway I don't care. Because, I'm a proud Spurs' and player's fan :flag:

superbigtime
12-09-2016, 02:41 AM
I couldn't believe the combination of so many missed easy and wide open shots, odd rotations, bad breaks, poor FT shooting, good Rondo play, and crap officiating. And Spurs still almost caught them. Should've won. Kawhi was pretty incredible in second half. Spurs didn't get outplayed. Typical TNT game. Tony was bad but Manu and LA were much worse. I think Kawhi is 3x better than next best player.

YGWHI
12-09-2016, 02:50 AM
I like Leonard as much as most; he's just not a play maker for others.

And why he should? We don't have PGs or guards to do it? Kawhi is our main scorer, the main defender, why he should also be the primary playmaker? WHY?

Because our two main playmakers, Parker and Manu are old af and can't make a shit for others like in the past??

Try to win a title without a dominant guard in this perimeter-oriented league...Yeah. Good luck with that.

I wonder what you expect from Kawhi...Tonight he was cleary the best player on the court.

-24 points in 52%
-let the opposite main scorer in 13 points .28 %shooting

But sure, you always will suggest every Spurs' loss is on Kawhi.

YGWHI
12-09-2016, 02:56 AM
I think Kawhi is 3x better than next best player.

a-Don't tell this to TD21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=908)

b-That's Spurs' biggest issue.

Kawhi locked down Buttler and old Wade got the win for them. Sadly, the Spurs don't have other consistent options on offense and can't rely on other players on defense.

Chillen
12-09-2016, 05:38 AM
They need a trade imo, this team has a nice record but it's fools gold. Roll the dice and trade Aldridge for Cousins.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 06:08 AM

Also, building your team around 3 frontcourt players in 2016 is just bizarre..
Manu has the potential to go full Kirby with his efficiency the way he's looking. His current level of play is not encouraging at all.

He's underperformed 2 postseasons in a row with his usage declining and that's in years that he looked great in the regular season. This season he doesn't look good most of the time. Simmons cannot shoot and that will be exposed in the playoffs.

The bench is scrappy on defense though and if Mills is hitting shots he can carry them with some help from the bigs inside, but they have holes.

The starters are in a worse spot. Lack of quality guard play makes it difficult for the bigs and they already have problems keeping Gasol on the floor. Lamarcus has not played consistently well either.

The team is poorly constructed and depends on Kawhi to do everything. Some games Kawhi doesn't even look like he has costars. There's no one even close to his production. If Mills is the team's second best player what do you think the outlook for the team is?

This is not diminishing Mills, but they obviously need more.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-09-2016, 06:17 AM
Actually doing quite well for the 1st year without Duncan. Back in the day the expectations for the post-Duncan years were to be 76ers-like.

Quite happy with this team and the record.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 06:18 AM
It's the same bullshit every game. Start with Aldridge and Gasol and the opposing team's front court are tearing our asses up. 2nd half, play Dedmond and Lee more as we make our comebacks. I have no fucking idea why Gasol and Aldridge are still starting together. The shit isn't working!!!!
Every game it happens. Every freaking game. This shit is not on Kyle now, it's been on them. It's always been on them.

Will Pop adjust?

Brazil
12-09-2016, 06:25 AM
:lol not sure what people were expecting tbh

I fail to understand how this game changes anything about what we already knew from the very beginning, actually considering Tim retiring and integration of the new guys, Spurs record and level of play is far above expectation.

Except for my nigg dabom nobody is expecting Spurs to win a ring this year :lol as others said, Spurs are kind of contenders because NBA globally sucks and even a flawed roster like the Spurs well organized is gonna be there as finge contender in today's nba

We should not complain tho about cliff jumping and stuff, it shows ST has still fire and people are still passionate even after Tim retired :tu

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't take it for the simple fact that we'll see the same problems over and over again. Manu has been sucking it up. LMA has gotten less than 10 points in 3 out of the last 5 games. Pau continues to be a liability. Porker has been bad too. Spurs have had slow starts to every game. Defense has been bad. FT disparity has been bad too. This will all come to bite them.
Agreed 100%

This is why it's not an overreaction. We have seen this repeatedly. Only thing is that Kawhi pulled off a win out of his hands every time and still nearly pulled it off again but there are guys in the team that at underperforming and have been carried by Kiwi. At some point it's not going to be enough.

Horse
12-09-2016, 06:48 AM
I kind of agree.

Manu can't do what he used to but if the whole team gave the effort he did they could win it all.

dabom
12-09-2016, 06:58 AM
:lol not sure what people were expecting tbh

I fail to understand how this game changes anything about what we already knew from the very beginning, actually considering Tim retiring and integration of the new guys, Spurs record and level of play is far above expectation.

Except for my nigg dabom nobody is expecting Spurs to win a ring this year :lol as others said, Spurs are kind of contenders because NBA globally sucks and even a flawed roster like the Spurs well organized is gonna be there as finge contender in today's nba

We should not complain tho about cliff jumping and stuff, it shows ST has still fire and people are still passionate even after Tim retired :tu

I better get MODDED (kinda like bolded but given mod abilities) when we win this year. :hat

dabom
12-09-2016, 07:02 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to go to fivver and pay these guys 5 dollars for something more spurstalk related. Iirc, they offer 5 dollars per video..

Maybe my nigga dabom (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=47543) can pay with his enginerring money. :lol

Chinook
12-09-2016, 07:34 AM

I don't think this extends the way you think it does. Kawhi doesn't need to be a better play-maker. The team instead needs a better playmaker to take the ball out of Kawhi's hands somewhat. Kawhi would still be the first option, but the offense would go away from him trying to force his own shots and instead have him get shots in a more open system. I definitely find that preferable.

But is the problem that Kawhi's not a very good playmaker? Nope, just like it's not that Green is just a shooter. The problem is that they don't have the right players to compliment them. In the Medium Three era, they and Tiago were able to fill the cracks to bolster the Big Three. But there's no longer a Medium Three, and the three or four best players on the team are nowhere near as good as the Big Three were.

benefactor
12-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Your self-loathing is always so adorable.

benefactor
12-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Seriously though OP, most women I know don't cry as much you do. You are the biggest faggot on this site by a country mile.

r0drig0lac
12-09-2016, 07:57 AM
until now

Brazil
12-09-2016, 08:16 AM
I better get MODDED (kinda like bolded but given mod abilities) when we win this year. :hat

I would campaign hard for you tbh... that's ballsy :lol

cd021
12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Bad shooting night; Mills, Kawhi, Lee and Green kept us in the game after getting down 16. I am more encouraged than discouraged.

coachmac87
12-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Done is a bit harsh tbh..

Are they the Warriors?? No but even as bad as they've looked they're still #2 record in the league..

Worst start at home maybe ever? But best start on the road ever sooo it kind of cancels out..

7 new players and injuries haven't helped the process but still are on top of the standings.

I think biggest issues is that people are comparing this team to last years team which isn't fair tbh and on top of that they see what the Warriors are doing and it gets everyone down lol

Not sure what people's expectations where this year?? But I always had my mind set on the WCF..just get there and see what happens..

R-E-L-A-X

Spurtacular
12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Player fan thread, tbh.

Splits
12-09-2016, 10:50 AM
On pace for 64 wins with a SOS 13th in the league and the team is "done" :lol

Seriously though OP, most women I know don't cry as much you do. You are the biggest faggot on this site by a country mile.

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM
OP has a valid point, despite being a little too dramatic:lol..

Spurs aren't as good as their record, so far..4th best SRS in the West and 6th in the league, far behind the Warriors, Clippers and Cavs..they're closer to Houston, OKC and Utah than they are to the Warriors and Clippers..

The loss to the Bulls was meaningless, though..

Yuixafun
12-09-2016, 11:03 AM
The defense has to get better... from an effort standpoint and chemistry as well. At least 5 easy buckets chalked up to miscommunication. Dedmon still raw to veteran tricks sigh.

DMC
12-09-2016, 11:25 AM
They're more than a fourth of the way through the season and there's been zero improvement/chemistry built with the SL. At some point they need to come to terms with the fact Gasol is a bad fit.

They will. We aren't a championship quality squad on paper, and outside of LMA and KL, are pretty much scrubs. Danny Green has struggled all last year with some signs of recovery but nothing solid that I recall. Manu can't carry them forever. Tony Parker isn't fit to be a starting PG on a championship team, and there is no real backup that is.

We are lucky to see wins.

UZER
12-09-2016, 11:46 AM
a-Don't tell this to TD21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=908)

b-That's Spurs' biggest issue.

Kawhi locked down Buttler and old Wade got the win for them. Sadly, the Spurs don't have other consistent options on offense and can't rely on other players on defense.

Bertans can get buckets. Is he a savior? No, but he can score. We haven't even seen his ability to get to put the ball on the floor and drive yet, he can. That will come as his guys start closing out harder on him at the three point line.

But none of that is gonna happen if pop won't stop being stupid and just play him.

TDomination
12-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Define done

Dre_7
12-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a thread full of bandwagon fans and cliff jumpers. We are not even half way through a season in which the Spurs are completely different than they have been for 19 years, I mean you could basically say the off season was spend re-tooling. The fact that the Spurs are 18-5 and second place in WC in their first post Duncan season, despite their struggles, should give people hope. They will get things figured out. It is a long season and guys like Bertans, Simmons, Dedmon, and even Kawhi are getting better and better. Aldridge will get out of his shooting slump. Spurs will go deep into the playoffs and in my book are one of the favorites to win it all. Come playoff time, if there are no major injuries, I will fully expect the Spurs to win a title!

Horse
12-09-2016, 01:31 PM
The Spurs going 0-82 would be better than listening to you crying faggots after loss and most wins.

bklynspursfan
12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a thread full of bandwagon fans and cliff jumpers. We are not even half way through a season in which the Spurs are completely different than they have been for 19 years, I mean you could basically say the off season was spend re-tooling. The fact that the Spurs are 18-5 and second place in WC in their first post Duncan season, despite their struggles, should give people hope. They will get things figured out. It is a long season and guys like Bertans, Simmons, Dedmon, and even Kawhi are getting better and better. Aldridge will get out of his shooting slump. Spurs will go deep into the playoffs and in my book are one of the favorites to win it all. Come playoff time, if there are no major injuries, I will fully expect the Spurs to win a title!

:toast

I've expressed similar sentiments. I also think as we get deeper into the season, Pop will make the necessary adjustments needed. If Dedmon can get his fouling in order, there's a good chance his minutes go up or he could be starting.

Leetonidas
12-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Tbh op made valid points but at the same time last night was no reason to cliff jump, spurs had an uncharacteristically bad shooting night(even for them) and still came close to winning. Looking at the whole season there is some cause for concern regarding disturbing trends emerging for our team but imo last nights game wasn't a big deal

Raven
12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see more passing and less david lee.

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Spurs aren't as good as their record, so far..4th best SRS in the West and 6th in the league, far behind the Warriors, Clippers and Cavs..they're closer to Houston, OKC and Utah than they are to the Warriors and Clippers..

Only the Grizz have been better during crunch-time thanks to Fatsol being more than just empty-stats unlike Softridge.

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 02:38 PM
But is the problem that Kawhi's not a very good playmaker? Nope, just like it's not that Green is just a shooter. The problem is that they don't have the right players to compliment them. In the Medium Three era, they and Tiago were able to fill the cracks to bolster the Big Three. But there's no longer a Medium Three, and the three or four best players on the team are nowhere near as good as the Big Three were.

The starting backcourt is only consistently better than the Sixers & the frontline of Pau/Softridge is a net negative combo.:vomit:

Basically, Pau/Softridge shouldn't play together & PATFO need to get a LEGIT starting PG. The most logical thing to do is move Pau since he's the one w/ the least "corporate knowledge". If PATFO aren't contemplating that move then they need to resign.:rolleyes

TD 21
12-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Hottest thread of the night. 4 pages in one hour. :lol

I still got it.

And why he should? We don't have PGs or guards to do it? Kawhi is our main scorer, the main defender, why he should also be the primary playmaker? WHY?

No, "we" don't. Parker and Ginobili, are basically 40 and 45, respectively, in basketball years and Mills is a shooting guard in a point guards body.

Leonard is the one who has the ball in his hands the most, therefore he bears the greatest responsibility when it comes to creating for others.

OP has a valid point, despite being a little too dramatic:lol..

The loss to the Bulls was meaningless, though..

Again, this wasn't about this specific game, even though it just so happened to be posted during it.

I don't see how it was dramatic and I won't sugar coat my thoughts to appease the ignorant, cliche, vanilla masses, who contribute nothing of substance. If those idiots want to cry, whine and delude themselves, so be it.

Define done

Done: No longer even close to contention. They might (I'm not even certain of that: the Raptors, Rockets and Jazz, are all making cases) be the 4th best team in the league, but with how far off of the top 2-3 they are, they might as well be 24th.

It's over for this group. Might as well not delay the inevitable and hope to contend again while they still have a top 5-10 player, rather than waste his prime.

benefactor
12-09-2016, 05:48 PM
https://onceuponasnarkyrecap.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/reginapillow.gif

dabom
12-09-2016, 05:54 PM

Dap.

Splits
12-09-2016, 06:58 PM
https://onceuponasnarkyrecap.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/reginapillow.gif

YGWHI
12-09-2016, 10:45 PM
No, "we" don't. Parker and Ginobili, are basically 40 and 45, respectively, in basketball years and Mills is a shooting guard in a point guards body.

Was Kawhi who opted to build a roster with the two primary playmakers being that old and inconsistent, and the point guard back up not being a true point guard?

Leonard is the one who has the ball in his hands the most, therefore he bears the greatest responsibility when it comes to creating for others.
LMA USG% shows he has the ball in his hands too, just .1% less than last season, and a lot more than other players on the team. Is he creating for others? Is he great at it?

This team is unbalanced af...But obviously, "that's on Kawhi"

tim_duncan_fan
12-10-2016, 01:21 AM
We can't rebound or defend the paint and none of our guards can penetrate.

To be completely honest, we're in trouble and I don't know that there is anything we can do about it.

Do teams still want Aldridge after he has been exposed with us? The guy is almost completely ineffective at doing ANYTHING when his jumper isn't falling, and his jumpshot isn't falling often.

How do we unfuck ourselves?

cutewizard
12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
hmmmmmmm

TDomination
12-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Man i just got done watching the 2013-14 spurs championship video and I really wish this team would just focus on moving the ball around. Once Aldridge came the ball movement stopped, we still moved the ball in 2014-15 but the injuries killed us that year.

Then we got Aldridge and we became an isolation team again, slowing things down. In order for us to have a remote chance, Danny Green has to light it up for the offensive unit. He was always a difference maker, when he's on we win. But I believe that he feeds off of the ball movement.

But i guess the question is, do we even have the personnel to be able to keep the ball moving. Or is Pop even trying to make them keep the ball moving.

And as far as defense goes, I think we need to Dedmond to play more with Kawhi. Kawhi always benefited from having a good defensive presence in the paint. So now we go from Duncan to Gasol, big dropoff. But Dedmond has provided some nice defensive moments and I think would be a better fit with Kawhi on the defensive end.

But we all knew that this was going to be a transition year. So though the team is still finding itself, its nice they at least have a good record. But we all know that it could change right away in a matter of weeks.

TD 21
12-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Was Kawhi who opted to build a roster with the two primary playmakers being that old and inconsistent, and the point guard back up not being a true point guard?

LMA USG% shows he has the ball in his hands too, just .1% less than last season, and a lot more than other players on the team. Is he creating for others? Is he great at it?

This team is unbalanced af...But obviously, "that's on Kawhi"

More crying and moving of the goal posts. You're pathetic.

Aldridge doesn't have the ball as much as Leonard and is a big. More often than not, the creative burden falls more on the perimeter star.

By acknowledging that Leonard doesn't have that skill, I'm not blaming him for it. What I'm saying is, a team's ceiling is limited if the player who has the ball most (in this case, it's the top 2), has limited vision.

Man i just got done watching the 2013-14 spurs championship video and I really wish this team would just focus on moving the ball around. Once Aldridge came the ball movement stopped, we still moved the ball in 2014-15 but the injuries killed us that year.

Then we got Aldridge and we became an isolation team again, slowing things down. In order for us to have a remote chance, Danny Green has to light it up for the offensive unit. He was always a difference maker, when he's on we win. But I believe that he feeds off of the ball movement.

But i guess the question is, do we even have the personnel to be able to keep the ball moving. Or is Pop even trying to make them keep the ball moving.

The offensive aesthetics began to decline in '14-'15. That it continued last season was partially because of Aldridge, but also because of Leonard's further emergence and the further decline of the big 3.

"Moving the ball" is too basic a term, because it makes it sound like it's random passing, which anyone can do. The '12-'14 Spurs had the best combination I've ever seen of high IQ, unselfishness and continuity. Also, though some were post prime, they were all still high level players. That's why the offense looked like it did and it can't be duplicated.

Becoming an isolation team wasn't planned, it just happened because that's who their two best players are and because this team lacks the qualities I mentioned of that team.

MaNu4Tres
12-10-2016, 06:22 PM

Aldridge doesn't have the ball as much as Leonard and is a big. More often than not, the creative burden falls more on the perimeter star.

By acknowledging that Leonard doesn't have that skill, I'm not blaming him for it. What I'm saying is, a team's ceiling is limited if the player who has the ball most (in this case, it's the top 2), has limited vision.

The offensive aesthetics began to decline in '14-'15. That it continued last season was partially because of Aldridge, but also because of Leonard's further emergence and the further decline of the big 3.

"Moving the ball" is too basic a term, because it makes it sound like it's random passing, which anyone can do. The '12-'14 Spurs had the best combination I've ever seen of high IQ, unselfishness and continuity. Also, though some were post prime, they were all still high level players. That's why the offense looked like it did and it can't be duplicated.

Becoming an isolation team wasn't planned, it just happened because that's who their two best players are and because this team lacks the qualities I mentioned of that team.

TD 21 going in raw.

100% agree to everything.

YGWHI
12-10-2016, 11:18 PM
THIS coming from you...So funny.

I'm not blaming him for it.
Really? You're blaming Kawhi for everything.

It just happened organically and specifically because Leonard has decided to take on an even bigger role.

What in the hell did you expect after the Spurs signed another scoring bigman like Pau who used to get his shots in almost the same LMA's spots?

Did you think that LMA would get the same number of FGAs? When he would share his spots with Pau...? For real TD21?

This play at the top of the key was for Parker/LMA P&Rs/P&Pops last season, now it's for Gasol, too.

http://i.imgur.com/xYvFqu1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7GrdZXq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F47xAmX.jpg

Also, not only with Parker as ball-handler.

http://i.imgur.com/rqMNlM6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/q2U4zy3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ds2QmXU.jpg

Since Tim wasn't taking that shot last season, every one of those plays were for LMA. But with Pau's presence, they changed it.

Yeah.Keep blaming Kawhi because he's making the next leap in his career...Also, keep ignoring that Pop/RC brought a guy who would annulate LMA's offense for long stretches in the game.

DAF86
12-10-2016, 11:27 PM
This thread is retarded, this team is miles better than any shit we put together from 2008 to 2011, yet, in those years, we never lost our cool, we didn't blow it up and with some changes we found the way to trully contend again. You don't rebuild if you are a top 3/4 team in the league. TD 21 is having a more difficult time with Duncan's retirement than anyone else, tbh.

YGWHI
12-10-2016, 11:28 PM
100% agree to everything.

Well, if you agree with him about this...You're wrong. That wasn't "just happened" like he said.

Big 3 decline was something expected. After 2014 WCF, Pop and RC knew that Parker would deal with injuries more often than not, they knew that Manu wouldn't get younger, they knew what they brought with LMA and Pau.

They made decisions, they could make others but they decided to build the team in this way.

SAGirl
12-10-2016, 11:39 PM
This thread is retarded, this team is miles better than any shit we put together from 2008 to 2011, yet, in those years, we never lost our cool, we didn't blow it up and with some changes we found the way to trully contend again. You don't rebuild if you are a top 3/4 team in the league. TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) is having a more difficult time with Duncan's retirement than anyone else, tbh.
I think so. It probably stems from lack of belief that Kawhi can carry the team.

To be fair the team has holes with a good part of the playmaking left to two very aged guards... that is still a hole.. and it will be noticeable against elite teams... but that is not on Kawhi... nor is it on Kawhi that Pop chose to add in the offseason a talent that makes Lamarcus somewhat redundant and repetitive... as YGWHI showed above how Lamarcus has given up spots to Pau often.

dabom
12-10-2016, 11:40 PM
OP. :lol

ElNono
12-11-2016, 04:30 AM
There's not a single recipe for winning a championship, tbh... the Spurs are unlikely to play like in '12-'14 because that team needed to play that way in order to win... the roster dictated that. This roster would need to win in a similar way the Cavs won last year, with defensive discipline when the time comes and your best players (Kawhi and LMA, just like Lebron and Kyrie for the Cavs) outplaying the competition,sometimes by a country mile.

This team is built to depend a lot less in peripheral and smaller role players, and a much bigger bet on squeezing the best out of your top talent. I understand people feeling nervous about that, especially when it comes to LMA (at least Kawhi has gone all the way and been there before, knows what it takes, but can't do it alone). But that's how this team was built. Hopefully we catch a few breaks here or there, the general team cohesion improves, and we get a shot at it.

Canyonero
12-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Is the team now undone?

unleashbaynes
12-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Spurs fans are fat, spoiled, and retarded. This thread is proof.

Brazil
12-11-2016, 11:52 AM
I think :cry it still hurts tbh...

Kawhitstorm
12-11-2016, 12:07 PM
TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) is having a more difficult time with Duncan's retirement than anyone else, tbh.

TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) has narrowed EVERYTHING to Kawobe not being a point-forward like LeBron.:lol

offset formation
12-11-2016, 12:16 PM

pgardn
12-11-2016, 12:34 PM

Good stuff.

J_Paco
12-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Exactly, this place never changes. LMAO

Even if they dump everyone not named Leonard, they are guaranteed absolutely nothing. The Bulls, Rockets, Jazz and Knicks haven't reached anywhere near the success of their "glory years" of the 1990's after multiple "rebuilding" efforts.

Gotta ride with Tony/Manu for one last season and then re-adjust this offseaaon. Manu will retire and Tony (barring a miracle) will possibly be moved.

They have intriguing prospects in Murray, Bertans and Milutinov. The sky is always falling in the place, but obviously the team was going to regress when the best player ever (in franchise history) just retired.

SAGirl
12-11-2016, 01:37 PM
TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) has narrowed EVERYTHING to Kawobe not being a point-forward like LeBron.:lol
Pretty much and a good 1 sentence summary.

jeebus
12-11-2016, 01:42 PM
They'll always have a chance to win a ship, just as long as Tumor Head doesn't get playing time.

TD 21
12-11-2016, 09:07 PM
THIS coming from you...So funny.

Really? You're blaming Kawhi for everything.

What in the hell did you expect after the Spurs signed another scoring bigman like Pau who used to get his shots in almost the same LMA's spots?

Did you think that LMA would get the same number of FGAs? When he would share his spots with Pau...? For real TD21?

This play at the top of the key was for Parker/LMA P&Rs/P&Pops last season, now it's for Gasol, too.

Also, not only with Parker as ball-handler.

Since Tim wasn't taking that shot last season, every one of those plays were for LMA. But with Pau's presence, they changed it.

Yeah.Keep blaming Kawhi because he's making the next leap in his career...Also, keep ignoring that Pop/RC brought a guy who would annulate LMA's offense for long stretches in the game.

Critiquing something and having an original opinion is not crying and whining. What you do is beyond pathetic, it's flat out disgraceful.

:cry Stop blaming Kawhi. :cry

I expected more balance between Leonard and Aldridge, like the 2nd half of last season. More Aldridge posts ups and catch and shoot plays, off of pin downs, cross screens, etc. That's what would give them their best chance to reach their ceiling. If they're not going to properly utilize Aldridge, then why the hell did they sign him?

:cry.

You need a go to play maker to win a championship, there's no way around it.

This thread is retarded, this team is miles better than any shit we put together from 2008 to 2011, yet, in those years, we never lost our cool, we didn't blow it up and with some changes we found the way to trully contend again. You don't rebuild if you are a top 3/4 team in the league. TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) is having a more difficult time with Duncan's retirement than anyone else, tbh.

Who's talking about '08-'11? And the difference then was, the big three were still high level players, genius. They just needed a better, younger supporting cast. This team needs a piece that is impossible to attain and doesn't have the chemistry or continuity of the big three era. This has nothing to do with Duncan retiring.

It's funny, you people complain about everyone save for Leonard, Mills and maybe Dedmon, then claim that the team is still contenders. You can't have it both ways.

If you think it's worth keeping together, that's cool, but stop the incessant crying and whining. Unbeknownst to you, it is possible to do both (see ElNono).

Ice009
12-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Gotta ride with Tony/Manu for one last season and then re-adjust this offseaaon. Manu will retire and Tony (barring a miracle) will possibly be moved.

Yeah, I don't think Tony will be moved. You make it sound almost certain.

DAF86
12-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Critiquing something and having an original opinion is not crying and whining. What you do is beyond pathetic, it's flat out disgraceful.

:cry Stop blaming Kawhi. :cry

I expected more balance between Leonard and Aldridge, like the 2nd half of last season. More Aldridge posts ups and catch and shoot plays, off of pin downs, cross screens, etc. That's what would give them their best chance to reach their ceiling. If they're not going to properly utilize Aldridge, then why the hell did they sign him?

:cry.

You need a go to play maker to win a championship, there's no way around it.

Who's talking about '08-'11? And the difference then was, the big three were still high level players, genius. They just needed a better, younger supporting cast. This team needs a piece that is impossible to attain and doesn't have the chemistry or continuity of the big three era. This has nothing to do with Duncan retiring.

It's funny, you people complain about everyone save for Leonard, Mills and maybe Dedmon, then claim that the team is still contenders. You can't have it both ways.

If you think it's worth keeping together, that's cool, but stop the incessant crying and whining. Unbeknownst to you, it is possible to do both (see ElNono).

Well, now Leonard is a high level player. We don't need a major rebuilt, we need to make some minor changes and this team could improve a lot.

You sound like this team was middle of the pack when they are a 60+ wons team. :lol

TD 21
12-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Well, now Leonard is a high level player. We don't need a major rebuilt, we need to make some minor changes and this team could improve a lot.

You sound like this team was middle of the pack when they are a 60+ wons team. :lol

Leonard is one player, not three.

:lmao Describing a go to play maker on a championship team as "minor".

You're deluding yourself over regular season wins against inferior opponents.

I generally agree with not breaking up a top 4 team, but that's only if you have at least a puncher's chance at a championship. I no longer believe they do, so they're better off re-loading (it wouldn't be a re-build; they have a bunch of players who could return something substantial), rather than pretending and increasing the risk of wasting Leonard's entire prime.

dabom
12-11-2016, 09:56 PM
"O no, We need a Magic-type player, not a Jordan-killer-type player." :lol

DAF86
12-11-2016, 10:07 PM

I generally agree with not breaking up a top 4 team, but that's only if you have at least a puncher's chance at a championship. I no longer believe they do, so they're better off re-loading (it wouldn't be a re-build; they have a bunch of players who could return something substantial), rather than pretending and increasing the risk of wasting Leonard's entire prime.

Spurs could be one injury away from any of 5 GS players to have more than a "puncher's chance" at the championship this season, tbh.

Spurs need to switch Parker for a young dynamic PG that can get to the rim and insert Dedmon for Pau into the starting lineup and they are good to go. Probably not enough to get past GS this year or the next one, but maybe the year after that, or the following one. All I know is that building over what is already established will get us to the promise land a lot sooner than blowing it all up.

TD 21
12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Spurs could be one injury away from any of 5 GS players to have more than a "puncher's chance" at the championship this season, tbh.

Spurs need to switch Parker for a young dynamic PG that can get to the rim and insert Dedmon for Pau into the starting lineup and they are good to go. Probably not enough to get past GS this year or the next one, but maybe the year after that, or the following one. All I know is that building over what is already established will get us to the promise land a lot sooner than blowing it all up.

I think it would probably take 2 of the 4, but I don't even think they get to them, if the Clippers avoid their own significant injury.

"Young dynamic PG", exactly, but suffice it to say, that's easier said than done. They don't really have a path to getting that, at least not without trading Aldridge. Even if it could be added independent of that, the chemistry and continuity is suspect and when you already have inferior star power to the other elites, you can't compound it with that.

DAF86
12-11-2016, 10:23 PM
I think it would probably take 2 of the 4, but I don't even think they get to them, if the Clippers avoid their own significant injury.

"Young dynamic PG", exactly, but suffice it to say, that's easier said than done. They don't really have a path to getting that, at least not without trading Aldridge. Even if it could be added independent of that, the chemistry and continuity is suspect and when you already have inferior star power to the other elites, you can't compound it with that.

Young dynamic PG's are probably the easiest type of player to get, tbh (talking about all-star, or near, level players of course). We already have the most important and difficult asset to get: a young SF stud that's elite in both sides. We just need to surround him better, but at the same time we need to keep him with us, and going full rebuilt mode isn't going to accomplish that.

TD 21
12-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Young dynamic PG's are probably the easiest type of player to get, tbh (talking about all-star, or near, level players of course). We already have the most important and difficult asset to get: a young SF stud that's elite in both sides. We just need to surround him better, but at the same time we need to keep him with us, and going full rebuilt mode isn't going to accomplish that.

You still need a good asset(s) to get them; teams don't just hand them away and they don't have the cap space (without creating a hole elsewhere) for it either.

I specifically said re-load, not re-build. The Spurs have a major advantage with Leonard over typical non contender with young elite player: they've already won a championship with him and been to two Finals, so the pressure that most teams face in that situation doesn't exist. Plus, because of their track record and his love of the organization, he'd more than likely trust them.

apalisoc_9
12-11-2016, 10:33 PM

The last point is probably the biggest factor. Most teams consider a 55+ team a great rebuilding accomplishment, there is no assurance that a rebuild would yield a better product.

More importantly, It's pretty evident that Kawhi would never want to be part of a rebuilding team. You can say keep Leonard as much as you want, but he's.not going to stay here when he turns 27 and he's surrounded by players that failed to yield result. Winning 50+ win every year, insures he's always going to stay and insures that they might only need one player more to contend.

In addition to that, Both Curry and Durant is a UFA in the next couple years. You Dont know what they're going to do. If they get even better, there is not much else you can do because no rebuilding will make you better than a team with 2 top ten player and 2 top 20 players.

The spurs will have flexibility in the next couple years, salary wise. If they stay pat, and land someone next year to make up for the lack of playmaking that would be another 55+ win team.

DAF86
12-11-2016, 10:44 PM
You still need a good asset(s) to get them; teams don't just hand them away and they don't have the cap space (without creating a hole elsewhere) for it either.

I specifically said re-load, not re-build. The Spurs have a major advantage with Leonard over typical non contender with young elite player: they've already won a championship with him and been to two Finals, so the pressure that most teams face in that situation doesn't exist. Plus, because of their track record and his love of the organization, he'd more than likely trust them.

Dude, c'mon. :lol

you and djohn2oo8 are driving me crazy, tbh.

dabom
12-11-2016, 10:45 PM

TD 21
12-11-2016, 10:49 PM

you and djohn2oo8 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870) are driving me crazy, tbh.

We agree that they need one more piece, the difference is I'm realistic enough to realize that it's not an attainable piece.

Once again: :lmao describing a go to play maker on a championship team as "minor".

Splits
12-11-2016, 10:54 PM

you and djohn2oo8 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870) are driving me crazy, tbh.

:lmao

DAF86
12-11-2016, 10:55 PM
We agree that they need one more piece, the difference is I'm realistic enough to realize that it's not an attainable piece.

Once again: :lmao describing a go to play maker on a championship team as "minor".

You changing your stance from "rebuild" to "reload", means that you agree with the rest of us that thought your OP was a bit too pessimistic?

spursistan
12-11-2016, 10:58 PM
The last point is probably the biggest factor. Most teams consider a 55+ team a great rebuilding accomplishment, there is no assurance that a rebuild would yield a better product.

More importantly, It's pretty evident that Kawhi would never want to be part of a rebuilding team. You can say keep Leonard as much as you want, but he's.not going to stay here when he turns 27 and he's surrounded by players that failed to yield result. Winning 50+ win every year, insures he's always going to stay and insures that they might only need one player more to contend.

In addition to that, Both Curry and Durant is a UFA in the next couple years. You Dont know what they're going to do. If they get even better, there is not much else you can do because no rebuilding will make you better than a team with 2 top ten player and 2 top 20 players.

The spurs will have flexibility in the next couple years, salary wise. If they stay pat, and land someone next year to make up for the lack of playmaking that would be another 55+ win team.

I hope the PATFO won't make the mistake and take for granted Kawhi being a Spur lifer ala Thunder with Durant. Don't think KL is the beta and snake Durant is, but they should not take any chances with it..California is Kawhi home state and the Lakers were his favorite team growing up..He could be their last missing piece to contend again by 2019 when he is eligible to opt out of his contract..

Spurs are going to need to be imaginative and lucky to get him another LEGIT star of his same age group (born in '90-'95) to make a real push for another title...Honestly I'm banking on Pop in his Team USA HC function to sweetalk on of those guys into signing in San Antonio..Anthony Davis seems like the guy who could demand trade in a year or two..

TD 21
12-12-2016, 07:02 PM
You changing your stance from "rebuild" to "reload", means that you agree with the rest of us that thought your OP was a bit too pessimistic?

I didn't change my stance (as if a meaningless blowout win against arguably the worst team in the league would lead to that); maybe I just wasn't clear in the initial post, which was typed while keeping an eye on the game. I was never suggesting going full 76ers, not with a top 5-10 player just entering his prime.

In the direct conversation we were having, I specifically said re-load, but you were too busy veering off topic and desperately seeking a gotcha moment, in an attempt to distract from the stupid comments you made.

DAF86
12-12-2016, 07:23 PM
I didn't change my stance (as if a meaningless blowout win against arguably the worst team in the league would lead to that); maybe I just wasn't clear in the initial post, which was typed while keeping an eye on the game. I was never suggesting going full 76ers, not with a top 5-10 player just entering his prime.

In the direct conversation we were having, I specifically said re-load, but you were too busy veering off topic and desperately seeking a gotcha moment, in an attempt to distract from the stupid comments you made.

Maybe you should humble a bit and accept that you either made a redaction mistake or you moved goal posts midway. The only reason I (and I'm sure most of the folks that replied to this thread) jumped on you is because of your use of the word "rebuild". I bet most folks woulf agree that a "reload" is necessary to trully contend again.

BTW, the title "this team is done" is more related to the notion of "rebuild" than "reload", tbh.

YGWHI
12-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Critiquing something and having an original opinion is not crying and whining.

Hilarious...What's your ORIGINAL OPINION??

"Kawhi isn't Magic/Nash as playmaker" :cry

"Parker and Manu aging prevent them from being reliable players/playmakers" :cry

EVERYONE knows it here but you're stupid enough to think those are original thoughts.

I expected more balance between Leonard and Aldridge.

And the lack of balance is because ...

It just happened organically and specifically because Leonard has decided to take on an even bigger role

You can't admit that the two mains reasons for LMA passivity on offense are:

-His bad shape

-Pau's eating shots in LMA's spots.

But sure, LMA's lazy offseason, his out-of-shape thing, Pau getting the ball in his hands more than him...All this is Kawhi's FAULT because "he decided to take a even bigger role".

What you do is beyond pathetic, it's flat out disgraceful.

Nah...Exposing you is a community service. That's why there are so many volunteers doing the same work on you in this thread.

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 01:35 AM

:cryBut....but...but...Kawobe is taking shots away from Kawhi:cry

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 01:47 AM
Spurs are going to need to be imaginative and lucky to get him another LEGIT star of his same age group (born in '90-'95) to make a real push for another title...Honestly I'm banking on Pop in his Team USA HC function to sweetalk on of those guys into signing in San Antonio..Anthony Davis seems like the guy who could demand trade in a year or two..

Spurs don't have anyone to trade for Davis unless Nikola Milutinov is the next Marc Gasol.:lol

WestBrick is the guy they might target & he doesn't to mind playing in a small market (family man) plus he HATES the media so playing in SA shouldn't be a turnoff. He's also on Team Jordan along w/ Kawhi & he's also from SoCal so they might have some type of acquaintance. He's going to opt-out when Porker's contract expires so the timing is perfect.:wow

Amuseddaysleeper
12-13-2016, 04:14 PM
Spurs don't have anyone to trade for Davis unless Nikola Milutinov is the next Marc Gasol.:lol

WestBrick is the guy they might target & he doesn't to mind playing in a small market (family man) plus he HATES the media so playing in SA shouldn't be a turnoff. He's also on Team Jordan along w/ Kawhi & he's also from SoCal so they might have some type of acquaintance. He's going to opt-out when Porker's contract expires so the timing is perfect.:wow

Would rather have Paul, tbh. Westbrick is too rogue.

SAGirl
12-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Maybe you should humble a bit and accept that you either made a redaction mistake or you moved goal posts midway. The only reason I (and I'm sure most of the folks that replied to this thread) jumped on you is because of your use of the word "rebuild". I bet most folks woulf agree that a "reload" is necessary to trully contend again.

BTW, the title "this team is done" is more related to the notion of "rebuild" than "reload", tbh.
TD 21 is never going to be humble or admit defeat.
He's apparently not ever going to have a positive outlook either.

He's mister doom. :downspin:

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Would rather have Paul, tbh. Westbrick is too rogue.

Choke-P will be TOSB in 2 years.:wakeup

TD 21
12-13-2016, 05:45 PM

That's funny coming from one of the most arrogant posters on the board. I said, "maybe I just wasn't clear in the initial post", but I damn sure was in the direct conversation with you.

No, you and the others who jumped on me did so because that's what you people do and this was just your excuse to do it. You've had an issue with me ever since I failed to put white before Hispanic in reference to your god, which upset you because you're a closet racist.

Hilarious...What's your ORIGINAL OPINION??

"Kawhi isn't Magic/Nash as playmaker" :cry

"Parker and Manu aging prevent them from being reliable players/playmakers" :cry

EVERYONE knows it here but you're stupid enough to think those are original thoughts.

And the lack of balance is because ...

You can't admit that the two mains reasons for LMA passivity on offense are:

-His bad shape

-Pau's eating shots in LMA's spots.

But sure, LMA's lazy offseason, his out-of-shape thing, Pau getting the ball in his hands more than him...All this is Kawhi's FAULT because "he decided to take a even bigger role".

Nah...Exposing you is a community service. That's why there are so many volunteers doing the same work on you in this thread.

:cry Please don't critique Kawhi. :cry

If you know Leonard isn't a good play maker for others, why do you constantly argue otherwise?

So Aldridge's passivity on offense is because of his being out of shape? His relative ineffectiveness could be attributed to that, but passivity? :lmao

My takes are often original and that's why they receive such flak because most people can't think for themselves and default to group think. This is typical cliche, vanilla sports fan logic: someone critiqued my favorite team, therefore they're not a real fan.

TD 21 is never going to be humble or admit defeat.
He's apparently not ever going to have a positive outlook either.

He's mister doom. :downspin:

:cry Why can't we all just hold hands, sing Kumbaya, sing Anderson's praises, fantasize about his fat head and bash those big meanies Pop and the old guys for holding him back. :cry

DAF86
12-13-2016, 08:01 PM
That's funny coming from one of the most arrogant posters on the board. I said, "maybe I just wasn't clear in the initial post", but I damn sure was in the direct conversation with you.

No, you and the others who jumped on me did so because that's what you people do and this was just your excuse to do it. You've had an issue with me ever since I failed to put white before Hispanic in reference to your god, which upset you because you're a closet racist.

:cry Please don't critique Kawhi. :cry

If you know Leonard isn't a good play maker for others, why do you constantly argue otherwise?

So Aldridge's passivity on offense is because of his being out of shape? His relative ineffectiveness could be attributed to that, but passivity? :lmao

My takes are often original and that's why they receive such flak because most people can't think for themselves and default to group think. This is typical cliche, vanilla sports fan logic: someone critiqued my favorite team, therefore they're not a real fan.

:cry Why can't we all just hold hands, sing Kumbaya, sing Anderson's praises, fantasize about his fat head and bash those big meanies Pop and the old guys for holding him back. :cry

The fuck son? Are you sure that was me? When did that happen? :lol

Thinking I have an issue with you, I don't have an opinion made of your internet persona either way. I don't pay attention when you post; I didn't even know we supossedly had an interaction before. :lol

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 09:35 PM

News Flash: Pau isn't out there setting screens for Danny & just letting Softridge go to work in the post like Tim but rather it's Softridge watching Pau go to work in the post while he hang out at the elbow.:lol
Pau gets 58 post touches while Softridge is getting 53.:wakeup

tholdren
12-13-2016, 09:40 PM
News Flash: Pau isn't out there setting screens for Danny & just letting Softridge go to work in the post like Tim but rather it's Softridge watching Pau go to work in the post while he hang out at the elbow.:lol
Spurs love affair for non-rebounding, jump shooting bigs, is hard to handle.

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 09:57 PM
Spurs love affair for non-rebounding, jump shooting bigs, is hard to handle.

Softridge & Pau are leading the league in % of points coming off mid-range jumpers.:lmao

YGWHI
12-13-2016, 10:41 PM
WHO? WHEN? Damn...You're more stupid that I thought.

I wonder who says that Kawhi is a great creator...He will never be one.

If he would be able to put 10 apg he would be better than LeBron and Kobe together.

That wouldn't be a problem if this team would have a reliable and elite playmaker to help him. After all, he can't be the best in everything on this team.

Also, there is a difference between good and great. Kawhi's decent, he's increasing his APG this season, he's getting better at it.

For some scorers, playmakers skills demand a maturation process, but if you ask me if Kawhi will be elite, All-Time distributor/playmaker in next seasons? No, he won't.

So Aldridge's passivity on offense is because of his being out of shape? His relative ineffectiveness could be attributed to that, but passivity?
I know, this exceeds your reasoning ability...But yes, that's one of the reasons. The other is Gasol presence.

Still 'getting in shape' means that LMA offensive moves are very limited now, he can't stay aggressive or take shots that he usually takes when he's in better physical condition.

Like last year, Aldridge is starting the season slow because of the work he didn't put in the offseason.
Like last year, once Aldridge loses his all of his pudgy offseason weight he will become more mobile.

That in itself will help his scoring as he will be lighter on his feet -- which will make him more effective as a scorer because his foot work will be quicker and more crisp and he'll be able to beat his man more often in transition and seal him for an easy opportunity early in the possession.

His only way to score right now, with the ball, is by using his body to back his man up to create an advantageous situation for him to create space for his meh reverse pivot fadeaway. Once a big with size crowds him ( bc he can't make a strong move towards the rim right now), he really has no answer and he has to pass it back out and reset the offense. He just doesn't have a lot of tools outside of his Pick and Pop jumper when he's playing at a higher weight.

My takes are often original
Nah. That's what you want to believe...

TD 21
12-14-2016, 01:29 AM
The fuck son? Are you sure that was me? When did that happen? :lol

Thinking I have an issue with you, I don't have an opinion made of your internet persona either way. I don't pay attention when you post; I didn't even know we supossedly had an interaction before. :lol

Within the last 4-5 months. My post history doesn't go back far enough to find it though.

Sure you don't, just like all the other so called haters who constantly flock to a thread after I post in it and frequently quote me. I'm a guilty pleasure to you people.

Pau gets 58 post touches while Softridge is getting 53.:wakeup

That's nice . . . too bad it has nothing to do with what I said.

WHO? WHEN? Damn...You're more stupid that I thought.

Also, there is a difference between good and great. Kawhi's decent, he's increasing his APG this season, he's getting better at it.

For some scorers, playmakers skills demand a maturation process, but if you ask me if Kawhi will be elite, All-Time distributor/playmaker in next seasons? No, he won't.

I know, this exceeds your reasoning ability...But yes, that's one of the reasons. The other is Gasol presence.

Still 'getting in shape' means that LMA offensive moves are very limited now, he can't stay aggressive or take shots that he usually takes when he's in better physical condition.

Nah. That's what you want to believe...

You :cry every time I bring it up and claim I'm "blaming Kawhi".

No, not ever. Play making for others can be incrementally improved, but it's mostly innate. He doesn't have it. Deal with it.

Again, you're talking about his being out of shape hampering his effectiveness. Clearly, you're too stupid to decipher between that and passiveness.

Says the guy who parrots the same shit as every other Leonard fan boy.

YGWHI
12-14-2016, 01:42 AM
I'm "blaming Kawhi"
Sure, I know it. You do it. For everything.

Play making for others can be incrementally improved, but it's mostly innate.
And I "constantly argue otherwise?" Right?

Clearly, you're too stupid to decipher between that and passiveness.
His out-of-shape thing affects his effectiveness but also is a huge factor for passivity. But again, this is too much for you.

DAF86
12-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Within the last 4-5 months. My post history doesn't go back far enough to find it though.

Sure you don't, just like all the other so called haters who constantly flock to a thread after I post in it and frequently quote me. I'm a guilty pleasure to you people.

Dude, you give yourself too much importance, tbh. Seriously son, I don't give a fuck about you. :lol

spursistan
12-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Screw the ugly win..anyone who is not seeing the limited upside of this team as presently constructed is fooling himself.

That disgusting offense was exposed by a Rockets team missing their starting C and on cold shooting night; i shudder to see what Warriors/Clippers will do to them..

apalisoc_9
12-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Screw the ugly win..anyone who is not seeing the limited upside of this team as presently constructed is fooling himself.

That disgusting offense was exposed by a Rockets team missing their starting C and on cold shooting night; i shudder to see what Warriors/Clippers will do to them..

Yup. Limited offense, but it is better than last year abonomition. I don't think Kawhi even knew how to run a proper pick and roll last year. As soft as Gasol is, he also is a better offensive fit the starters than TD.

It's not significantly better than last year's team, but they do have a formula they believe in for this year. Also, really dont need to worry of any other team.

dabom
12-20-2016, 10:38 PM

You're a faggot you crying bitch. I hate seeing you in the game threads. :lol

TD 21
12-23-2016, 01:22 AM
:wakeup

Robz4000
12-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Kawhi really should ask for a trade. Just what is there to give a young player confidence in this franchise going forward? At this point it feels more like Pop using his position with the Spurs to better help as coach of the USMNT than as the Spurs' HC.

spursistan
12-23-2016, 01:27 AM
:wakeup
but..but....but :cry cliffjumping :cry

Disturbing on too many levels that this team can't shake or even impose their will-- for a fuckin Quarter-- on a CP3/Blake-LESS Clippers..

It is time also to question the coaching staff as they have been completely outclassed in this matchup ever since 2015..Not sure what Messina has brought to the table other than his name..

Splits
01-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Blow it up

TD 21
01-29-2017, 09:27 PM
What a fools gold, antiquated team. The Mavericks started a point guard on a ten day contract and are devoid of anything resembling a go to play maker, yet they win because they're playing small, driving and kicking and generating open threes at will, while the Spurs are playing big and relying on post ups and mid range jumpers.

The whole zig while most zag notion sounded nice in theory, but in reality, more important than any specific personnel move(s), is a philosophical shift. It's time to stop trying to be smarter than everyone else and join the modern NBA.

Darius Bieber
01-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Tbh

spursgu
01-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Tampon wearing crew on full force again.

ElNono
01-29-2017, 09:29 PM
To be fair, Carslile regularly coach circles around Pop, tbh...

Vokun
01-29-2017, 09:30 PM
Nuke the team. This team as constructed isn't going anywhere, especially when your supposed 2nd option is a big fat choking pussy

mexicanjunior
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Kawhi doesn't deserve to be straddled with this shit lineup and coaching staff. Get what you can for him before he openly demands a trade and start over...

r0drig0lac
01-30-2017, 05:08 AM
To be fair, Carslile regularly coach circles around Pop, tbh...

spursistan
01-30-2017, 08:27 AM
The lack of response from that dismal loss to the Pelicans is troubling..A home game against a bottom tier team after an embarrassing effort the previous one has mostly been a blowout affair even to the most flawed of Spurs teams (2008-2011)..Not anymore.. this now a third or fourth home L to a really bad team (the Bucks without Giannis should count as one).

Too many false starts with this team..They just can't be trusted, plain and simple..Leonard aside, you don't know what you are getting on nightly basis from the rest..In previous years 55-60 points from the Big 3 were almost a guarantee..

This team is caught in no man's land: neither the star power is overwhelming enough nor the new supporting unit (Bertans/Murray/Simmons/Dedmon etc..) is ready enough for the bigtime-- all added to the growing inconsistency of known commodities (Mills/Green) and the terminal decline of Manu/TP..

And, don't get me started on Pop..He is been in the "Done" territory for a while now..

Amuseddaysleeper
01-30-2017, 11:12 AM
The lack of response from that dismal loss to the Pelicans is troubling..A home game against a bottom tier team after an embarrassing effort the previous one has mostly been a blowout affair even to the most flawed of Spurs teams (2008-2011)..Not anymore.. this now a third or fourth home L to a really bad team (the Bucks without Giannis should count as one).

Too many false starts with this team..They just can't be trusted, plain and simple..Leonard aside, you don't know what you are getting on nightly basis from the rest..In previous years 55-60 points from the Big 3 were almost a guarantee..

This team is caught in no man's land: neither the star power is overwhelming enough nor the new supporting unit (Bertans/Murray/Simmons/Dedmon etc..) is ready enough for the bigtime-- all added to the growing inconsistency of known commodities (Mills/Green) and the terminal decline of Manu/TP..

And, don't get me started on Pop..He is been in the "Done" territory for a while now..

Truth bombs galore.

This team won't win more than two games in the second round. You absolutely cannot rely on anyone except for Kawhi to deliver. The defense is massively overrated and if Kawhi doesn't play out of his mind the Spurs will have another letdown. SDAM should be the new catchphrase around here.

I know it's a slim chance, but really hope the Spurs can do something at the trade deadline, or pray that there is someone on the buyout list in March.

cd98
01-30-2017, 11:32 AM
What a fools gold, antiquated team. The Mavericks started a point guard on a ten day contract and are devoid of anything resembling a go to play maker, yet they win because they're playing small, driving and kicking and generating open threes at will, while the Spurs are playing big and relying on post ups and mid range jumpers.

The whole zig while most zag notion sounded nice in theory, but in reality, more important than any specific personnel move(s), is a philosophical shift. It's time to stop trying to be smarter than everyone else and join the modern NBA. In a sense, you are right. But the Spurs roster isn't going to win a title playing small and kicking the ball around for threes because we don't have a line up that can beat GSW. So at best, we could go that route and finish 2nd in the west. Knowing that, I think the Spurs have to find a way to beat the small ball with its bigs. But if LMA can't post up anymore, Spurs are going to fail. It just looks like LMA is uncomfortable on the block this year and can't hit that turnaround he used to hit.

Chinook
01-31-2017, 07:57 AM
:rolleyes It's as if people forget what an 82-game season looks like every year.

benefactor
01-31-2017, 07:59 AM
:rolleyes It's as if people forget what an 82-game season looks like every year.
Nah...OP just lays in wait for a good moment where he can cut himself again.

DMC
01-31-2017, 09:36 AM

Tim was a bigger influence during recovery games than was Pop, I think. There's no leadership in the lockerroom, KL is the "just do your job" guy. He's not a glue guy. Manu would be the glue guy but he's not nearly as prominent on the floor as he once was. It would be nice to have Tim on the bench as an assistant.

Spurs9
01-31-2017, 09:36 AM
Its been done if you have been watching the Warriors at all. No one is beating them tbh

RD2191
01-31-2017, 10:23 AM
Kawhi doesn't deserve to be straddled with this shit lineup and coaching staff. Get what you can for him before he openly demands a trade and start over...

Bold this muchacho.

TD 21
01-31-2017, 05:18 PM
In a sense, you are right. But the Spurs roster isn't going to win a title playing small and kicking the ball around for threes because we don't have a line up that can beat GSW. So at best, we could go that route and finish 2nd in the west. Knowing that, I think the Spurs have to find a way to beat the small ball with its bigs. But if LMA can't post up anymore, Spurs are going to fail. It just looks like LMA is uncomfortable on the block this year and can't hit that turnaround he used to hit.

The Spurs definitely don't have the personnel to win that way and I'm not even suggesting going full Warriors necessarily, but it's more than likely not possible, in this era, to win a championship being 28th or 29th in 3 point attempts.

TD 21
03-10-2017, 01:18 AM
The recent run of coin flip games going their way and national publicity has overshadowed the fact that they're down double digits relatively early in virtually every game, the antiquated offense has been laboring and terrible since Gasol got injured and 4th wing has become a sinkhole. In other words, they're back to last season, only with a less dominant defense.

They've really only had one good stretch this season and not surprisingly, it coincided with Parker's one good stretch. Otherwise, they've looked like a team headed for a harder-than-it-should-be WCQF (especially if it's against the Thunder, who's bigs will inevitably emasculate Aldridge and Gasol) and a WCSF loss at the hands of the Rockets. I have zero confidence in them beating any credible team in a series.

Robz4000
03-10-2017, 01:21 AM
The recent run of coin flip games going their way and national publicity has overshadowed the fact that they're down double digits relatively early in virtually every game, the antiquated offense has been laboring and terrible since Gasol got injured and 4th wing has become a sinkhole. In other words, they're back to last season, only with a less dominant defense.

They're an even worse offensive team than they were last year with LMA's play so far this season on top of having a worse defense. It says a lot about the state of the league that this team will win 60 fucking games.

spursgu
03-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Zzzzzz doom and gloom posters

BillMc
03-10-2017, 01:27 AM
Zzzzzz doom and gloom posters
this

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-10-2017, 01:59 AM
They're an even worse offensive team than they were last year with LMA's play so far this season on top of having a worse defense. It says a lot about the state of the league that this team will win 60 fucking games.

They're better on offense this year.

Robz4000
03-10-2017, 02:07 AM
They're better on offense this year.

The entire league has seen a jump in offense this year, but the fact is the Spurs' offensive success in mainly due to Kawhi going MJ.

Nathan89
03-10-2017, 02:45 AM
The whole zig while most zag notion sounded nice in theory, but in reality, more important than any specific personnel move(s), is a philosophical shift. It's time to stop trying to be smarter than everyone else and join the modern NBA.

Kawhi is the unique difference that could separate us from others though. Great in the post and great mid-range. You have to be an outlier to make that a significant part of the offense and LMA is not that.

Arcadian
03-10-2017, 03:43 AM
Likely path to the title:

1. Memphis
2. Houston
3. GS
4. Cleveland

cutewizard
03-10-2017, 07:53 AM

1. Memphis
2. Houston
3. GS
4. Cleveland

---------------------------------------------------------------

all beatable......

benefactor
03-10-2017, 10:47 AM

They've really only had one good stretch this season and not surprisingly, it coincided with Parker's one good stretch. Otherwise, they've looked like a team headed for a harder-than-it-should-be WCQF (especially if it's against the Thunder, who's bigs will inevitably emasculate Aldridge and Gasol) and a WCSF loss at the hands of the Rockets. I have zero confidence in them beating any credible team in a series.
Stop being a chicken shit and kill yourself already

spursistan
03-10-2017, 03:23 PM
The good thing about this season is that a disappointing outcome won't fuck up with our emotions.. If they flame out in the 2nd round or before, the majority here kinda expected it since the flaws of the team were thrown into sharp relief all season long. There won't be any shock value..

Unlike like last year when we were on 70-win pace virtually all year with double digit point differential that led some to talk themselves into believing we were on par with Golden State..:lol..

As TD21 said, the only hope for the offense to come back to a modicum of fluidity is for Parker to regain his December pulse for the playoffs or/and for Manu to look his post-ASB frisky self..

It is frustrating as hell knowing you're going to die the same playoffs death for a third consecutive season..Not sure what will take to jolt PATFO into action if two mid 60-win teams fail to make it Conference Finals in an already watered down West...

SpursforSix
03-10-2017, 03:28 PM
The good thing about this season is that a disappointing outcome won't fuck up with our emotions.. If they flame out in the 2nd round or before, the majority here kinda expected it since the flaws of the team were thrown into sharp relief all season long. There won't be any shock value..

Unlike like last year when we were on 70-win pace virtually all year with double digit point differential that led some to talk themselves into believing we were on par with Golden State..:lol..

As TD21 said, the only hope for the offense to come back to a modicum of fluidity is for Parker to regain his December pulse for the playoffs or/and for Manu to look his post-ASB frisky self..

It is frustrating as hell knowing you're going to die the same playoffs death for a third consecutive season..Not sure what will take to jolt PATFO into action if two mid 60-win teams fail to make it Conference Finals in an already watered down West...

I like to think this but to be honest, any season without a ring is a disappointment. I suppose if they made it to the Finals or WCF, it would take some sting out of it. But then it sucks being so close and not winning a ring.
So it really is ring or bust.

dabom
03-10-2017, 03:29 PM
We haven't been healthy these past 2 years. Your assessment is trash.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 03:43 PM

1. Memphis
2. Houston
3. GS
4. Cleveland

I honestly think it's more likely we are the #1 seed, if Kawhi is hurt. There's no reason we should lose to GS at home, and we own the tiebreaker. More of our games are home to close out the season, and they've got a brutal end to March.

It should be a disappointment if we don't get the 1 seed at this point. At least IMO

marinoman
03-10-2017, 03:46 PM
No one in this league looks great. spurs have big flaws, especially at guard. Spurs have as good a shot as anyone

sasaint
03-10-2017, 03:55 PM
It should be a disappointment if we don't get the 1 seed at this point. At least IMO

Absolutely! In fact, if the Spurs fail to take #1, that will be an ill-omen for the playoffs. It would mean that we were seriously slumping to end the season.

Arcadian
03-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I honestly think it's more likely we are the #1 seed, if Kawhi is hurt. There's no reason we should lose to GS at home, and we own the tiebreaker. More of our games are home to close out the season, and they've got a brutal end to March.

In that case...

1. Denver
2. LA
3. GS
4. Cleveland

Not sure which path is preferred.

With regard to the bold text: did you mean if Kawhi isn't hurt?

TD 21
03-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Kawhi is the unique difference that could separate us from others though. Great in the post and great mid-range. You have to be an outlier to make that a significant part of the offense and LMA is not that.

That style is no longer what wins championships though. This is the pace and space era and this team is the antithesis of that. The irony is, this franchise helped usher in this era and now they've become the ones who are antiquated. The '15-present offense is an abomination compared to the '12-'14 iteration, which was the most aesthetically pleasing I've ever seen.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 05:55 PM
In that case...

1. Denver
2. LA
3. GS
4. Cleveland

Not sure which path is preferred.

With regard to the bold text: did you mean if Kawhi isn't hurt?

Yea my bad. If Kawhi isn't hurt of course.

Give me the this path personally. Denver is an easier opponent than other potential 7 seeds. Clips or Jazz will be tough, but still not anything to be worried about. Jazz could actually take them out, cause ATM they have HCA.

And obviously playing with GS with HCA is preferable than not.

We have our flaws, but if guys show up, there's no reason we shouldn't at least be WCF bound.

bklynspursfan
03-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Absolutely! In fact, if the Spurs fail to take #1, that will be an ill-omen for the playoffs. It would mean that we were seriously slumping to end the season.

Exactly... Historically we finish strong. Hopefully we continue that trend. It's a different group of guys of course, but the same sort of urgency and expectations should be instilled in our locker room .

TheDoctor
03-10-2017, 06:10 PM
No one in this league looks great. spurs have big flaws, especially at guard. Spurs have as good a shot as anyone

Define "anyone". I find it hard to think about anyone getting a good shot at the 'Ship tbh

MultiTroll
03-10-2017, 06:12 PM
That style is no longer what wins championships though. This is the pace and space era and this team is the antithesis of that. The irony is, this franchise helped usher in this era and now they've become the ones who are antiquated. The '15-present offense is an abomination compared to the '12-'14 iteration, which was the most aesthetically pleasing I've ever seen.
What makes it suck even worse is the Spurs do have the personnel to pull it off. As recently as the last 2 games, the great comeback vs Houston and the rip snorting comeback vs Kings, both had healthy stretches of The Beautiful Game. Grampa Simpson calls time and almost killed the game by ordering it slowed down and the ball thrown to Pau for several half court sets. Just farking killed momentum.

Additionally, Murray is cut out 100% to be an open court innovative player. Again, looks like Gramps is trying to force him into some half court dribble dribble sets only. It's messing with him.

Likewise last night vs OKC. We were doing great early, sharing the ball and keeping OKC off guard. Nope, Grandpa orders the half sets with Aldridge. Not only did it kill our O, it set up OKC for the quick trip back in transition off LMAs bricks. Psychologically it also completely fed OKC while deflating us. 16-10 lead becomes 24-20 deficit (something like that).

marinoman
03-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Cavs, warriors, outside chance of Houston. Upsets may happen, I could see clips beating us, Memphis beating warriors, but outside of winning a rd or 2 only those 3-4 have a shot and I have no reason to believe we're inferior or superior to those teams

spursistan
03-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Starting to feel like 2010-2011 season all over again..Only Kawhi playing at an MVP-level has saved from going on a more miserable tailspin in terms of W-L record to end the year.

This is team is way better than their record suggests..that's inarguable at this point..