PDA

View Full Version : Pop has completely lost the plot

Amuseddaysleeper
12-08-2016, 11:58 PM
After doing a wonderful job in the opening game of the season, Pop just doesn't GAF anymore. Some of the most horrible substitution patterns of his career and his ego is really hindering some of our players like Dedmon.

spurtech09
12-09-2016, 12:02 AM
Just a game buddy cheer up......

phxspurfan
12-09-2016, 12:03 AM
I personally think we need better rebounding. Lee, while good for stretches with his hustle, doesn't bring enough rebounding as Dedmon

RD2191
12-09-2016, 12:03 AM
He's done. He needs to gtfo

Gagnrath
12-09-2016, 12:05 AM
Honestly as a 4th big you can't ask for better than Lee played tonight. The issue was basically nothing out of Parker, Aldridge, and Gasol combined.

100%duncan
12-09-2016, 12:07 AM
At least his players are better human beings

100%duncan
12-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Honestly as a 4th big you can't ask for better than Lee played tonight. The issue was basically nothing out of Parker, Aldridge, and Gasol combined.

Or everyone not named KL DG Patty and Lee.

Mikeanaro
12-09-2016, 12:09 AM
The playoffs are going to be so sad and totally unwatchable, that old stubborn fuck keeps using too much Porker and random lineups, no adjustments, Kawhi was being triple teamed and yet he never found a solution...
Just go away old fuck, I could break your fucking hips with one kick but I dont live in the US so please someone kick him there.

Darius Bieber
12-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Get Carlisle here.

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:10 AM
He lost it two years ago. After 2014 he literally stopped giving a fuck; he's admitted as much himself.

FkLA
12-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Start the next game thread and target Enrique with your powers. If that doesn't do the trick we'll target other cancers.

TD 21
12-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Should have went to Bertans early, once it was apparent that the usual labor to break 30 in the first half offense had commenced.

Shouldn't have went back to any starter not named Leonard in the 4th. At what point is their repercussions for the slow starts and lazy/soft play?

Amuseddaysleeper
Start the next game thread and target Enrique with your powers. If that doesn't do the trick we'll target other cancers.

:lol

Another thing is what is up with the Spurs complete inability to get to the FT line? Kawhi was doing such a wonderful job at that to start the season but the team as a whole has fallen off a cliff in that department.

Too many jumpshots :bang

apalisoc_9
I thought Pop made an effort to show as less as possible of dedmon. His contract makes it so that its important he shows very little. :lol...

Outside of that clear head scratcher...The substituions were fine. I would have played simmons over Manu in some of those minutes though.

Raven
playing lee was inexcusable. oh well.

james evans
12-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Lee played better than Aldridge. I say it after every game, but we can no longer afford to start both Aldridge and Gasol. We have to play from behind every fucking game from the points these guys give up in the first half. I'm tired of the bullshit.

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:21 AM
Should have went to Bertans early, once it was apparent that the usual labor to break 30 in the first half offense had commenced.

Shouldn't have went back to any starter not named Leonard in the 4th. At what point is their repercussions for the slow starts and lazy/soft play?

Pop can't even hold himself accountable, how can you expect him to hold his players accountable?

100%duncan
12-09-2016, 12:24 AM
Pop can't even hold himself accountable, how can you expect him to hold his players accountable?

If anything, he's pretty much blamed the team this season

Robz4000
12-09-2016, 12:26 AM
If anything, he's pretty much blamed the team this season

It's completely lost its effect now. The team doesn't take Pop seriously at this point.

Gagnrath
12-09-2016, 01:12 AM

Lee had a decent game. Dedmon was decent.... As pop said certain players didn't do their jobs. Parker Aldridge and Gasol were nothing..... Simmons didn't have a good night but wasn't horrible. Manu wasn't good. Mills didn't have a good night but wasn't a complete loss. What did the starting pg do? Our supposed #2 player in Aldridge?
The top off season acquisition in Gasol?

Splits
12-09-2016, 01:13 AM
OP is acting like a faggot.

Act like somebody, OP.

Boomersgold
12-09-2016, 01:17 AM
Mills didn't have a good night but wasn't a complete loss.

'Not a complete loss'. lol. Mills and Kawhi pretty much led the Spurs' run in the second half.

Kawhitstorm
12-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Get Carlisle here.

Carlisle is a CRAZY dude, that's why the Mavs never get marquee free-agents.

https://media.giphy.com/media/blGej3lmV32TK/giphy.gif

UZER
12-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Pop still punishing Bertans for getting kicked out. Dude only played garage time last game.

Get this guy in the game! Hes an impact player. Stop messing around with his minutes. He's needs to be ready come playoff time.

apalisoc_9
12-09-2016, 03:03 AM
Pop still punishing Bertans for getting kicked out. Dude only played garage time last game.

Get this guy in the game! Hes an impact player. Stop messing around with his minutes. He's needs to be ready come playoff time.

Now that I think about it...:lol

objective
12-09-2016, 05:52 AM
I knew Pop had thrown the game away when he refused to sub Dedmon in the first quarter and just brought a starter back in.

After all Dedmon had done in recent games to get straight squatted on .... just wrong. He should be the first big sub, period.

r0drig0lac
12-09-2016, 06:54 AM
At least his players are better human beings

r0drig0lac
12-09-2016, 06:58 AM

Another thing is what is up with the Spurs complete inability to get to the FT line? Kawhi was doing such a wonderful job at that to start the season but the team as a whole has fallen off a cliff in that department.

refs

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-09-2016, 08:42 AM

Spurs are 29th in points in the paint and about middle of the pack in free throw attempts. They're actually doing a decent job getting to the line for a jump shooting team.

offset formation
12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
The playoffs are going to be so sad and totally unwatchable, that old stubborn fuck keeps using too much Porker and random lineups, no adjustments, Kawhi was being triple teamed and yet he never found a solution...
Just go away old fuck, I could break your fucking hips with one kick but I dont live in the US so please someone kick him there.

Perhaps you're a nutjob?

superbigtime
12-09-2016, 09:15 AM
I knew Pop had thrown the game away when he refused to sub Dedmon in the first quarter and just brought a starter back in.

After all Dedmon had done in recent games to get straight squatted on .... just wrong. He should be the first big sub, period.

I noted this too. Thought Pop was just giving aldridge a chance to right a poor first outing. But he stunk it up the entire night.

Yuixafun
12-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Dedmon was going for pump fakes and not being an effective roller or offensive threat.

Lee was playing because he was showing passion and being effective.

If I was Pop and teaching lessons... I would just have said fuck it we're gonna lose anyway, and I would have sat Gasol righr next to Aldridge and had Lee and Bertans playing.

I'm thining in his mind he wanted to sit Gasol for fucking ul on defense and just general laziness, but he was still trying to win the game.

POP is right, those fools get paid to ball and show up ready... Fuck I would have sat Parker too for being dumb... but Lap or Murry as alternatives...

Pop's rotation were okay, he doesn't have much options off the bench.

He has to decide if the game is in balance to go for the best chance to win, if everyone does their job... or if the game is out of reach, time to let the players with promise develop.

Lastly it being a nationally televised game, I think it forced him to the former, even though the latter is what was happening.

GSH
12-09-2016, 12:23 PM
The Bulls committed 13 fouls, and gave the Spurs a total of 5 FT's. The Spurs committed 18 fouls (not a huge disparity) but gave the Bulls 27 FT's. What does that tell you? And no, it's not that the refs were biased. The Bulls had a game plan, and it worked. I don't see how most of that is on anyone other than Pop.

T Park
12-09-2016, 01:16 PM
After doing a wonderful job in the opening game of the season, Pop just doesn't GAF anymore. Some of the most horrible substitution patterns of his career and his ego is really hindering some of our players like Dedmon.

How exactly is his ego hindering players exactly.... Ego factoring into basketball decisions makes zero sense.

DMC
12-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Our bigs are horrible defenders. I watch guys roll right past Lee and Gasol like they aren't even on the floor. Tim was able to put his guys in positions to defend better, but there's no defensive anchor on the floor now, it's catch as catch can.

Mikeanaro
12-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Perhaps you're a nutjob?
No, that old fuck needs a kick in the hips.

alpha_HaZE
12-09-2016, 02:08 PM

Dude commits 6 fouls per 36min. How is that Pop's fault? He is also 65% FT shooter, is because Pop not giving a fart anymore?

Blue Duck
12-09-2016, 02:21 PM
Bertans is an underrated rim protector, spaces the floor on offense, brings energy. Right now, Bertans and Dedmon are much more effective bigs combo then Aldridge/Gasol. If Vinny Johnson was the microwave, Aldridge is the diesel generator, takes forever to heat up

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Our bigs are horrible defenders. I watch guys roll right past Lee and Gasol like they aren't even on the floor. Tim was able to put his guys in positions to defend better, but there's no defensive anchor on the floor now, it's catch as catch can.
A recurring problem.

SAGirl
12-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Bertans is an underrated rim protector, spaces the floor on offense, brings energy. Right now, Bertans and Dedmon are much more effective bigs combo then Aldridge/Gasol. If Vinny Johnson was the microwave, Aldridge is the diesel generator, takes forever to heat up
Bertans rebounds like a small guard.
But truth be told... he should have gotten a chance here.

Sean Cagney
12-10-2016, 03:24 AM
He lost it two years ago. After 2014 he literally stopped giving a fuck; he's admitted as much himself.

2014 RIP Pop and Bobo, they both stopped giving two fucks after that title...

DenialTwist
12-10-2016, 04:46 AM
Popovich is overrated. He refuses to make changes when it matters. Whether it's in close games and in the playoffs. He is plain stubborn. Any other coach would've had Parker and Manu in retirement by now. But no, let's keep our backcourt as old as possible because that's the way to beat the Clippers and Warriors in the playoffs. You know Pop has lost it when he tells PJ Carlesimo that he likes how Parker is playing this season. Because no one has liked his play since the 2015 playoffs. The Gasol signing was ridiculous too, like the spurs needed more old guys past their prime. What will it take to get Dedmon, Bertans and Mills to get more playing time over Parker and Gasol? A first round exit it is.

james evans
12-10-2016, 03:34 PM
A recurring problem.
every game ALL game