PDA

View Full Version : DCEU thread - new movies announced/in development

lefty
12-13-2016, 11:55 PM
- Ayer will direct "Sirens of Gotham". Margot Robbie will be back as Harley.
Other characters will be introduced: Catwoman and Poison Ivy

- Deadshot solo movie and Suicide Squad 2 in development

:lol tbh

Mitch
12-14-2016, 01:23 AM
Only thing helping DC is resurrecting Heath Ledger, tbh

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2016, 02:28 AM
only thing keeping dc alive is keeping on milking whatever batman related....

SpursforSix
12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
- Deadshot solo movie in development

Of course there is.

Can't get too much of Will Smith.

lefty
12-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Of course there is.

Can't get too much of Will Smith.
Yup.

What an overrated actor tbh :lol

But he was good in Fresh Prince, I'll give him that

SpursforSix
12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Yup.

What an overrated actor tbh :lol

But he was good in Fresh Prince, I'll give him that

Plus the rapping thing worked for that time.

BTW...according to Forbes, he's the #2 overpaid actor.

And this doesn't even take into account how shitty an actor he is.

http://www.nme.com/news/film/overpaid-actors-2016-list-forbes-1900828

Forbes has unveiled a list of the year’s most “overpaid” actors.
The financial publication has released its annual Hollywood’s Most Overpaid Actors (http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2016/12/07/johnny-depp-is-hollywoods-most-overpaid-actor-for-the-second-year-in-a-row/#2b06d7435091) list, ranking the stars with the lowest box office returns compared to their salaries.
Top of the list for the second year running is Johnny Depp, who during 2016 starred in Yoga Hosers, Alice Through The Looking Glass and, briefly, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Depp reportedly made just $2.80 for every $1 he was paid.
Depp is followed on the list by runner-up Will Smith, Channing Tatum in third place, Will Ferrell at fourth and George Clooney rounding off the top five.

The only woman in the top ten is Julia Roberts at number 9, who made $10.80 for every $1 she was paid. In 2016, Roberts starred in Mother’s Day and Money Monster.
See the list in full below:

Johnny Depp – $2.8
Will Smith – $5.0
Channing Tatum – $6.0
Will Ferrell – $6.5
George Clooney – $6.7
Adam Sandler – $7.6
Mark Wahlberg – $9.2
Leonardo DiCaprio – $9.9
Julia Roberts – $10.8
Bradley Cooper – $12.1

I. Hustle
12-14-2016, 10:35 AM
Yoga Hosers? Never heard of that

SpursforSix
12-14-2016, 10:45 AM
Yoga Hosers? Never heard of that

wtf? for real...you need to get out more

Two teenage yoga enthusiasts team up with a legendary man-hunter to battle with an ancient evil presence that is threatening their major party plans.

12-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Op will grow out of this phase, eventually.

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Plus the rapping thing worked for that time.

BTW...according to Forbes, he's the #2 overpaid actor.

And this doesn't even take into account how shitty an actor he is.

http://www.nme.com/news/film/overpaid-actors-2016-list-forbes-1900828

Forbes has unveiled a list of the year’s most “overpaid” actors.
The financial publication has released its annual Hollywood’s Most Overpaid Actors (http://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2016/12/07/johnny-depp-is-hollywoods-most-overpaid-actor-for-the-second-year-in-a-row/#2b06d7435091) list, ranking the stars with the lowest box office returns compared to their salaries.
Top of the list for the second year running is Johnny Depp, who during 2016 starred in Yoga Hosers, Alice Through The Looking Glass and, briefly, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. Depp reportedly made just $2.80 for every $1 he was paid.
Depp is followed on the list by runner-up Will Smith, Channing Tatum in third place, Will Ferrell at fourth and George Clooney rounding off the top five.

The only woman in the top ten is Julia Roberts at number 9, who made $10.80 for every $1 she was paid. In 2016, Roberts starred in Mother’s Day and Money Monster.
See the list in full below:

Johnny Depp – $2.8
Will Smith – $5.0
Channing Tatum – $6.0
Will Ferrell – $6.5
George Clooney – $6.7
Adam Sandler – $7.6
Mark Wahlberg – $9.2
Leonardo DiCaprio – $9.9
Julia Roberts – $10.8
Bradley Cooper – $12.1

im surprise that clown the rock aint on the list, he has more movies coming out then a octomom...when u finish watchin do u even remember what u just watch?

lefty
12-14-2016, 11:34 AM
im surprise that clown the rock aint on the list?

SpursforSix
12-14-2016, 12:02 PM
im surprise that clown the rock aint on the list, he has more movies coming out then a octomom...when u finish watchin do u even remember what u just watch?

I'm sure it's because he never tries to do anything artsy. And because shit like Fast and Furious an San Andreas offset anything that might not make a lot of money.

Avante
12-14-2016, 01:48 PM
The story of plantation fighter Tom Molineaux would be the perfect role for The Rock. to go from slave fighter to pro boxer fighting for the world championship in England, tailor made for moviedom.

This was back in the bare knuckles days when some fights went on for hours, talking over 100 rounds.

Mitch
12-14-2016, 11:01 PM
The story of plantation fighter Tom Molineaux would be the perfect role for The Rock. to go from slave fighter to pro boxer fighting for the world championship in England, tailor made for moviedom.

This was back in the bare knuckles days when some fights went on for hours, talking over 100 rounds.

Jordan, the guy from Creed, would probably suit the role well if he worked on his acting chops to play the part. The Rock is too big, wasn't Tom like 190lbs?

SpursforSix
12-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Jordan, the guy from Creed, would probably suit the role well if he worked on his acting chops to play the part. The Rock is too big, wasn't Tom like 190lbs?

What don't you get guy? I've made my stance clear. You shoot sick pedos in the head. Jack Reacher was a big guy OK?

Avante
12-14-2016, 11:28 PM

Yes he was around 190 but if John Wayne can play Ghangis Khan, hey. I was also thinking of box office attraction, The Rock the bigger name. And nobody knows who Molineaux was anyway.

Once read a book as a kid, this Syrian prince was the last male in a great blood line, if he died that was it. Well the bad guys are out to get him. So he is given the greatest race horse in the whole middle east to get him to Spain and safety. The chase is amazing, that horse incredible. The movie would be great.

Avante
12-14-2016, 11:31 PM
What don't you get guy? I've made my stance clear. You shoot sick pedos in the head. Jack Reacher was a big guy OK?

Avanteitist at it's best, often imitated but never duplicated.

Mitch
12-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Yes he was around 190 but if John Wayne can play Ghangis Khan, hey. I was also thinking of box office attraction, The Rock the bigger name. And nobody knows who Molineaux was anyway.

Once read a book as a kid, this Syrian prince was the last male in a great blood line, if he died that was it. Well the bad guys are out to get him. So he is given the greatest race horse in the whole middle east to get him to Spain and safety. The chase is amazing, that horse incredible. The movie would be great.

Suppose nobody would complain, Rock seems like he'd be a little clumsy in a boxing movie. You'd need to find some big white guys for him to box since it was all about a black Virginian competing in a white man's world. Be silly having the Rock box a guy that's 175 :lol like an 80lbs difference

Avante
12-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Suppose nobody would complain, Rock seems like he'd be a little clumsy in a boxing movie. You'd need to find some big white guys for him to box since it was all about a black Virginian competing in a white man's world. Be silly having the Rock box a guy that's 175 :lol like an 80lbs difference

Keep in mind this is Hollywood, facts are....hahaha~~~

In...RACE...the story of Jesse Owens, they played down just how badly Temples Eulace Peacock beat him at 100 yards.

Mitch
12-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Keep in mind this is Hollywood, facts are....hahaha~~~

In...RACE...the story of Jesse Owens, they played down just how badly Temples Eulace Peacock beat him at 100 yards.

They say Owens didn't fear Hitler, but he dreaded racing against Peacock. Wasted opportunity of the greatest olympic rivalry in athletics, probably.

How well do you think Hollywood and Will Smith did in capturing this legendary moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wlchkerVg

Avante
12-16-2016, 02:52 AM
They say Owens didn't fear Hitler, but he dreaded racing against Peacock. Wasted opportunity of the greatest olympic rivalry in athletics, probably.

How well do you think Hollywood and Will Smith did in capturing this legendary moment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wlchkerVg

Peacock beat Owens five races in a row, and it's believed he won 7 of the 10 times that squared off. He also beat Jesse in the long jump, and Owens was the greatest long jumper ever up into the 60's and Ralph Boston. As ya know an injury did Peacock in.

I must confess being a huge Ali fan I had no interest in seeing Will Smith in that role, I don't like him. Hard to believe I past on a movie about boxing. Ali was like Jim Brown, Usain Bolt, like them he was a freak of nature. Nobody his size ever had that combo of hand and foot speed.

Mitch
12-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Peacock beat Owens five races in a row, and it's believed he won 7 of the 10 times that squared off. He also beat Jesse in the long jump, and Owens was the greatest long jumper ever up into the 60's and Ralph Boston. As ya know an injury did Peacock in.

I must confess being a huge Ali fan I had no interest in seeing Will Smith in that role, I don't like him. Hard to believe I past on a movie about boxing. Ali was like Jim Brown, Usain Bolt, like them he was a freak of nature. Nobody his size ever had that combo of hand and foot speed.

Sometimes hard to believe he was a heavyweight, the guy wasn't joking when he said he floated like a butterfly. Closest household name to him was Roy Jones Jr if we talk about the size, power and speed aspect - but he was still smaller and possibly a half step slower.

Avante
12-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Sometimes hard to believe he was a heavyweight, the guy wasn't joking when he said he floated like a butterfly. Closest household name to him was Roy Jones Jr if we talk about the size, power and speed aspect - but he was still smaller and possibly a half step slower.

Cassius Clay won the 60 Olympics as a light heavy.

No heavyweight had ever had that kind of combo hand.foot speed. It was amazing, and why he accomphished what he did, simply too fast for guys 220.

We expect the smaler fighters like Jones Jr, to be mobile with good hand speed, it doesn't grab our attention like Ali did.

Mitch
12-16-2016, 10:04 PM
Cassius Clay won the 60 Olympics as a light heavy.

No heavyweight had ever had that kind of combo hand.foot speed. It was amazing, and why he accomphished what he did, simply too fast for guys 220.

We expect the smaler fighters like Jones Jr, to be mobile with good hand speed, it doesn't grab our attention like Ali did.

I wish they had the camera technology they had today for that Liston fight, it was real impressive how he just made a joke of that hard hitter after clowning him to hype up the fight and causing Liston to pull a gun loaded with blanks on Ali :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKLWAZhTFsQ

Avante
12-16-2016, 10:27 PM
I wish they had the camera technology they had today for that Liston fight, it was real impressive how he just made a joke of that hard hitter after clowning him to hype up the fight and causing Liston to pull a gun loaded with blanks on Ali :lol

What was that? That isn't Sonny Liston, thats an actor.

Clay admitted to being influensed by Gorgeous George, and the rasslin' antics.

But the best of times for boxing was that Leonard/Hagler/Duran/Hearns era, as good as it got.

Mitch
12-16-2016, 10:36 PM
What was that? That isn't Sonny Liston, thats an actor.

Clay admitted to being influensed by Gorgeous George, and the rasslin' antics.

But the best of times for boxing was that Leonard/Hagler/Duran/Hearns era, as good as it got.

Nah, that was actually Liston and he did that to scare of Ali bugging him.

That was a great era in boxing, there was more depth and rivalries instead of everyone trying to topple the big champ. You had Hagler and Hearns almost killing eachother in one round at one end and Leonard having a brilliant rivalry with Duran at the other. Sad Hagler called it quits after losing to Leonard, I felt like he just needed to figure out Sugar with a rematch. Duran was the second and last guy to go a full 15 with Hagler, something deserving respect.

Avante
12-16-2016, 10:46 PM

That was a great era in boxing, there was more depth and rivalries instead of everyone trying to topple the big champ. You had Hagler and Hearns almost killing eachother in one round at one end and Leonard having a brilliant rivalry with Duran at the other. Sad Hagler called it quits after losing to Leonard, I felt like he just needed to figure out Sugar with a rematch. Duran was the second and last guy to go a full 15 with Hagler, something deserving respect.

Bro, that was the guy who played in Magnum P.I. with Tom Selleck, was in The Jericho Mile. His name is Roger Mosley.

I invited about a dozen buddies over to see that Leonard vs Hagler fight (we all agreed it was a draw) and they all brought a buddy, I lived in a small apartment at that time, ha~~~~ Agree with everything you said there.

Scroll down and read the comments, that was an reenactment with Mosley playing Liston. I saw that right off the bat then checked the comments.

StrengthAndHonor
12-17-2016, 12:32 AM

That is not Liston, come on man...

:lol

DMC
12-17-2016, 01:47 AM
That is not Liston, come on man...

:lol

That would be Roger Mosley. The footage is from "The Greatest" and based on a "true story" or so. Ali is too old in that scene to have been pre-Liston. Let's not get stupid.

StrengthAndHonor
12-17-2016, 01:54 AM
That would be Roger Mosley. The footage is from "The Greatest" and based on a "true story" or so. Ali is too old in that scene to have been pre-Liston. Let's not get stupid.
Exactly.

Mitch
12-17-2016, 04:30 AM
Bro, that was the guy who played in Magnum P.I. with Tom Selleck, was in The Jericho Mile. His name is Roger Mosley.

I invited about a dozen buddies over to see that Leonard vs Hagler fight (we all agreed it was a draw) and they all brought a buddy, I lived in a small apartment at that time, ha~~~~ Agree with everything you said there.

Scroll down and read the comments, that was an reenactment with Mosley playing Liston. I saw that right off the bat then checked the comments.

Learn something new every day, but the event did take place from what I've read. Ali sure was taking that pro wrestling Entertainment into a real fight, he probably could have a career there if he didn't turn out to be one of the greats.

The business side of the sport is real poison for fans, the current era could probably look much better if every boxer went after the best opponent they could instead of make deals and cherry pick. But the mighty dollar speaks Louder than the cheers from the crowd, that's why Ali took the million to get his ass whipped.

Avante
12-17-2016, 09:15 AM
I think anyone into boxing gets the business side of the sport, not unlike the rasslin'. I like boxing to have those characters in the shadows, and that out in the alley atmospheare. I get it and have no problems with the corruption, the mob, the total disregard for a human life. That is real, genuine.

What really sucks in sport in Alabama playing Chattanooga, that is just wrong.

cd021
12-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Finally watched Suicide Squad (extended)...Meh.

Ledo and Robbie were the only good things about it.

tlongII
12-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Actually I liked Suicide Squad.

Brazil
12-19-2016, 04:02 PM
^I did not. I saw it yesterday, wtf tbh :lol that was terrible, the witch and his brother... what crappy bad guys.... looks like a serie B movie

DisAsTerBot
12-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Shitty movie. It felt like one really long scene.

lefty
12-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Watch Batman : Assault on Arkham animated movie

That's what SS should have been

LaMarcus Bryant
12-28-2016, 09:52 AM
But would you plug Margot Robbie?

tlongII
12-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Oh hell yes.

lil'mo
12-28-2016, 06:23 PM
Thought SS was kinda weak

spurraider21
07-23-2018, 01:38 PM
Aquaman looks like a mess. They want Jason Momoa's charisma to carry it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU

But Shazam definitely looks worth checking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oD7B7oiBtw

Pavlov
07-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Glowy chest is dumb but Shazam! should be fun. The kids are going to be grown before they could make a sequel though.

Aquaman is Killmonger with gills.

Xevious
07-24-2018, 10:13 PM
What takes DC so long to make a movie? Marvel pumps out three movies a year. It takes DC a couple years to release one movie and it's almost always a piece of shit.

Monostradamus
07-24-2018, 10:59 PM
What takes DC so long to make a movie? Marvel pumps out three movies a year. It takes DC a couple years to release one movie and it's almost always a piece of shit.
Marvel has the Disney machine behind it, plus their plots are incredibly formulaic and interchangeable. They hire great writers/directors who are talented enough to make sure the movies don’t suck.

DC tried to do all that but without the talent. They hitched their wagon to Zach Snyder (:lol) and other directors of questionable talent and it shows. When Joss Whedon stepped in to finish Justice League, they should have worked a deal for him to take over the entire universe. Or paid Christopher Nolan to do it when they had him in hand.

Pavlov
07-24-2018, 11:53 PM
What takes DC so long to make a movie? Marvel pumps out three movies a year. It takes DC a couple years to release one movie and it's almost always a piece of shit.Disney gives a shit about Marvel movies. Warner doesn't give a shit about DC movies aside from expecting them to be automatic cash cows. They should've delayed Justice League but the executives wanted their bonus checks. Way too much executive turnover to have any cohesion. It looks like they are backing off the shared universe overlap/team up mania which is probably good since Gal Gadot can't be in every movie. Making a bunch of stand alone movies with maybe some continuity in popular titles seems like a good way to go. The massive hero gatherings should probably stay in the animation division until they can do some clean slate reboot.

Oh, and the Titans series looks terrible. Hopefully Swamp Thing is better.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-25-2018, 06:42 PM
Every steaming pile DC releases makes me just laugh and laugh

DeadlyDynasty
07-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Gay

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-26-2018, 10:34 AM
it is remarkable how DC has Marvel’s blueprint for movie success and still manages to fuck it up through lack of discipline, lack of vision and hollywood studio hubris

spurraider21
07-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Gay
do you have posters of naked women on your wall to convince yourself how straight and alpha you are?

cd021
07-27-2018, 01:17 AM
Marvel has the Disney machine behind it, plus their plots are incredibly formulaic and interchangeable. They hire great writers/directors who are talented enough to make sure the movies don’t suck.

DC tried to do all that but without the talent. They hitched their wagon to Zach Snyder (:lol) and other directors of questionable talent and it shows. When Joss Whedon stepped in to finish Justice League, they should have worked a deal for him to take over the entire universe. Or paid Christopher Nolan to do it when they had him in hand.

Not a fan of either; Snyder's movies are visually stunning but he can't seem to tell basic stories without making them convoluted, that dude is still trying to explain BVS plot points years after it got released :lmao.

Whedon didn't do that good of a job with Age of Ultron tbh. Super corny dialog, like it was written by a fifteen year old, using action movie cliche's-something that Marvel has avoided fairly well.

DCs biggest mistake was trying to build a shared universe on the fly; by bringing back Cavil for BVS, adding Batman and Wonder Woman and making a nearly 3 hour movie that tries to serve as sequel to Man of Steel a jumping off point for Batman & Wonder Woman solo movies along with introducing Aquaman, Flash & Cyborg for Justice League. Thats way too much for one movie to accomplish

cd021
07-27-2018, 01:19 AM
Heard they have 3 movies wit Margo Robbie in development; DC gonna milk her performance as Harley Quinn for all its worth :lol

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2018, 03:00 AM
do you have posters of naked women on your wall to convince yourself how straight and alpha you are?
Nope, just the reassurance that I'm a grown man that doesn't get his jollies from children's stories

-21-
07-27-2018, 12:10 PM
Shazam actually looks fun and promising. Aquaman seems decent but I don't like the actor. Tries too hard to be funny/cool/badass.

What's clear is they should've released these movies first (plus a Batman film & WW/MOS sequels) before Justice League. They jumped the gun and paid the price.