PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi will be MVP this season.

Arcadian
12-14-2016, 04:22 AM
Calling it now. You don't need amazing stats to win it - you just have to be the best player on the best team that doesn't have multiple superstars. The voters are going to look down the standings, and their line of thinking will be roughly as follows. Golden State is the best team, but they have two superstars playing together, so no to them. There's San Antonio at #2...clearly led by Kawhi, and they'd be nothing without him. LAC is more of a "complete team" assembly. Then we have the amazing stats of Harden and Westbrook, but Kawhi led his team to more wins. Out East, you have only Lebron...but he's won it 4 times, so "voter fatigue" (even though it hasn't happened recently). They want to give it to somebody new. So Kawhi it is.

DenialTwist
12-14-2016, 04:55 AM
Westbrook or Durant will get the MVP. Pop won't even let Kawhi average 25 so I don't know how his numbers will impress the voters.

Mal
12-14-2016, 05:44 AM
Westbrook with triple double average stats will be MVP. Book it

Fireball
12-14-2016, 05:57 AM
do not care ... want to win games

SuperCam
12-14-2016, 06:29 AM
Won't even make 1st team NBA..

Emperor
12-14-2016, 07:01 AM
As long as he's Finals MVP again then I'm cool with it.

NameLess Scrub
12-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Idk, I think Lebron might finally win it again as people forget he has a super team and as years have passed since he won one.

But if he coasts enough, it might be like you say (provided the Spurs stay on top).

Of course, I don't care. Only care for the LOB :flag:

apalisoc_9
12-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Calling it now. You don't need amazing stats to win it - you just have to be the best player on the best team that doesn't have multiple superstars. The voters are going to look down the standings, and their line of thinking will be roughly as follows. Golden State is the best team, but they have two superstars playing together, so no to them. There's San Antonio at #2...clearly led by Kawhi, and they'd be nothing without him. LAC is more of a "complete team" assembly. Then we have the amazing stats of Harden and Westbrook, but Kawhi led his team to more wins. Out East, you have only Lebron...but he's won it 4 times, so "voter fatigue" (even though it hasn't happened recently). They want to give it to somebody new. So Kawhi it is.

Called it before the season started.

Lebron hasent gained enough traction but he should start getting some MVP talk as the season progress. Westbrook will eventually flame out and the thunder are a bad team. If Harden can keep it up, he's a legit contender.

Come to think of it, Lebron has lost some deserving MVPs. He should have won every MVP award from 07 to 10 now that I think about.

dabom
12-14-2016, 08:33 AM
A couple of us said MVP before the season OP. :lol

Russo21
12-14-2016, 10:37 AM
I'd say with the way LeBron and the Cavs are travelling this season that LeBron will reclaim the MVP.

LeBron: Defending champ plus he hasn't won since 2013, voters may want him to be MVP again.
Leonard
Westbrook: Averaging a triple double on a mid tier team
Harden: Nearly averaging a triple double on a mid to upper tier team
Durant and Curry: Numbers taking a hit and they may cancel each other out in voting
Cousins and Davis: Putting up gawdy numbers on bad teams

I think Kawhi will finish second again with LeBron getting his 5th MVP. Spurs are tied with the Cavs in the loss column and only 1 game behind GSW. If the Spurs somehow finish 1st he has a chance, but I doubt they will.

jARS mEsH sEt
12-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Right now Westbrook is far and away ahead of kawhi in the MVP standings.

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2016, 12:50 PM
This.

Lebron, Durant, Antetokoumpo, Davis, and Butler are all ahead of him

sananspursfan21
12-14-2016, 01:02 PM
That would be cool but Westbrook is keeping that lousy team relevant. It goes to Russy. I once hated, now I heavily respect.

Brazil
12-14-2016, 01:17 PM
:lol no

RD2191
12-14-2016, 01:17 PM
This.

Crofl. The fuck outta here

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Crofl. The fuck outta here
All have better stats

spursistan
12-14-2016, 01:33 PM
He is playing much better in December..if he keeps it up and re-calibrate his defensive metrics with Spurs finishing a top 2 in the West, he will get serious consideration..

Right now OKC/Hou are still in the mix standings-wise so Westbrook/Harden are ahead of him thanks to their crazy nightly statlines..

Arcadian
12-14-2016, 01:40 PM
Westbrook or Durant will get the MVP. Pop won't even let Kawhi average 25 so I don't know how his numbers will impress the voters.

Westbrook with triple double average stats will be MVP.

You don't need amazing stats to win it - you just have to be the best player on the best team that doesn't have multiple superstars.
___

Called it before the season started.

A couple of us said MVP before the season OP.

I'm aware. Don't worry, I'm not trying to vulture your prediction. I think everyone on this forum knows how much you guys love Kawhi...

...and everyone on this forum knows how much you guys don't love Kawhi. :lol

apalisoc_9
12-14-2016, 01:56 PM
He is playing much better in December..if he keeps it up and re-calibrate his defensive metrics with Spurs finishing a top 2 in the West, he will get serious consideration..

Right now OKC/Hou are still in the mix standings-wise so Westbrook/Harden are ahead of him thanks to their crazy nightly statlines..

Lebron and Kawhi will gai steam in the 5th game mark. Harden will stay relevant though its Westbrook thats going to fall off...

But who knows..lebron has taken two days off already so it might no matter for him

12-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Kawhi isn't top five in any relevant advanced stat that I can find(although top 10 in most)... nor is he top five in ppg(12th). That said, Curry won it while only being 6th in ppg, but he also had some ridiculous advanced stats.

Right now, if Kawhi won it, it would be pretty much based on team record. KD/Steph, and CP3/Blake have no chance as we all know. And all the other players with better adv stats(PER, Win Shares, Box +/-, VORP, Estimated Wins Added, Value added, etc...he's not top 5 in any, not top 10 is some), are on worse teams(Anthony Davis, Westbrook, Harden, Butler).

He has more than enough time to build a case for himself, and will have some big games later in the season like he did in 2015 for DPOY. Although, he'll need the Rockets to fall off, because if the Rockets are 3-4 seed, I can easily see Harden getting it, regardless of the Spurs standing..

dabom
12-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Kawhi has been balling these fourth quarters. One of the most important aspects of basketball. The record is indicative of his greatness. Surely you can't point to any other person right now. :lol

BatManu20
12-14-2016, 02:28 PM
This.

Harden is def making 1st team this year.

dabom
12-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Harden is def making 1st team this year.

But what about kawhi?

BatManu20
12-14-2016, 02:29 PM
Westbrook and Harden are clear favorites for MVP right now. Durant is 3rd and lebron 4th. Kawhi ain't sniffin' it this year.

dabom
12-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Westbrook and Harden are clear favorites for MVP right now. Durant is 3rd and lebron 4th. Kawhi ain't sniffin' it this year.

Bookmarked faggot. :lmao

BatManu20
12-14-2016, 02:31 PM
But what about kawhi?

I could see kawhi getting shafted and settling for 2nd team this season. It's early, but Westbrook, Harden, Lebron, Durant & Davis are First Team favorites right now.

BatManu20
12-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Bookmarked faggot. :lmao

Lol okay. Come see me at the end of the year when Kawhi doesn't win MVP. Dumbass :lol

DAF86
12-14-2016, 02:34 PM
If Rockets or OKC finish top 4 in the West I could see the voters giving it to either Harden or Westbrook. If Westbrook averages a triple double while being the league's best scorer he may win it even without a top 4 finish.

DAF86
12-14-2016, 02:36 PM

Kawhi is above both Durant and Lebron right now, and probably will be by the end of the season, tbh. Durant has absolutely no chance of winning it.

dabom
12-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Lol okay. Come see me at the end of the year when Kawhi doesn't win MVP. Dumbass :lol
Sure. I'm not saying he's gonna win unanimous MVP. That is equivalent to "not sniffing" comment, faggot. :lmao

Mal
12-14-2016, 05:36 PM
___

I'm aware. Don't worry, I'm not trying to vulture your prediction. I think everyone on this forum knows how much you guys love Kawhi...

...and everyone on this forum knows how much you guys don't love Kawhi. :lol
Not about the love. MVP is all about stats. You can`t measure defense. Kawhi is more FMVP, DPOTY type of player.

Arcadian
12-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Not about the love. MVP is all about stats. You can`t measure defense. Kawhi is more FMVP, DPOTY type of player.

Not really...it usually goes to the best player on a top 2 team in their conference, even if they didn't have the most impressive stats (they all have impressive stats, of course, but not necessarily the most impressive stats). Team success is a big factor in the voting.

DMC
12-14-2016, 07:07 PM
If the Thunder miss the playoffs, Russ likely won't get it even if he stat pads the entire way.

DAF86
12-14-2016, 11:58 PM
MVP, MVP, MVP!!!

r0drig0lac
12-15-2016, 07:34 AM
I wish you were right, but no. Harden will be the mvp

PopTheGOAT
12-15-2016, 02:55 PM
It will be one of Harden, Lebron, Westbrook, or Kawhi

james evans
12-15-2016, 07:30 PM

Durant isn't getting MVP. He and Curry dq'd themselves from the coversation. You have a team that was #1 in the past 2 years and obviously won't win 73 games this year but Durant is just basically doing the same thing he did with the thunder as their record this year won't be like last years. No way does he win mvp. Not happening

Arcadian
01-22-2017, 12:30 AM
Yes.

bic50
01-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Not this year unfortunately. Harden or Westbrook take it. However he could get it next season.

Arcadian
01-22-2017, 02:17 AM
Westbrook has no chance, fuck that shit. He's a turnover machine and a chucker in crunch time. And his team sucks.

Leonard is the better player than Harden, his team is better, and everyone knows it.

It should be Leonard or Lebron.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2017, 04:48 AM
haha no defense Harden/Westbrick/Curry powder, they can suck it

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2017, 04:51 AM
Westbrook has no chance, fuck that shit. He's a turnover machine and a chucker in crunch time. And his team sucks.

Leonard is the better player than Harden, his team is better, and everyone knows it.

It should be Leonard or Lebron.
Kawhi this year ~ Duncan in 2003. No stars around Kawhi now. James has Irrrrrrrving who is arguably better than James. It can't be James. Westbrick's team's record sucks. It's Kawhi or beard

cutewizard
01-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Kawhi this year ~ Duncan in 2003. No stars around Kawhi now. James has Irrrrrrrving who is arguably better than James. It can't be James. Westbrick's team's record sucks. It's Kawhi or beard

---------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Durant could be in the argument

skin27
01-22-2017, 05:47 AM
if he continue to score 30+pts in like 20 games he will have a chance..but right now it will be harden ore westchimp..

UNT Eagles 2016
01-22-2017, 07:32 AM
---------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Durant could be in the argument
no way in heck. No MVPs on that stacked dream team