PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Kawhi Leonard Kobme disease watch

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Many diseases the treatment and/or cure can be greatly enhanced by early detection.
In the case of Kwa, his Kombelike chucking seemed to start in small doses in 2015, showed itself sometimes last season, but has been growing at an alarming rate, especially earlier this 16-17 season. While certainly not every time down the floor, still an alarming number of Kobme chucks.

Still shooting overall at a very good percentage at 46% / 39% treys.
However that 46% is a career low. 39%, while very good for treys is down from his fabulous 44% last season. Had not only the upstairs crowd but many thinking chit, this guy has MVP potential.

Reasons

Could be more then one or a combo.

An inept coaching offensive strategy that forces Kwa to play iso ball.
A porky out of shape point guard who sometimes ball hogs and has very limited passing skills.
Another less pudgy, but still slightly rotund PF who does not move without the ball.
A center who is just going thru the motions pulling some more fat paychecks to keep his lifestyle going.
Kwa himself being a Kobmelike ballhog.

Where does Kwas shot selection go from here?

TDMVPDPOY
12-14-2016, 10:54 AM
rush shots on poor shot selection at the 3, when it goes in ppl dont say shit, vice versa

then the weak ass attempts trying to draw and1 players instead of actually attempting to shoot seriously to put the ball into hoop

pussy ass not attacking the rim against pathetic defenders

DAF86
12-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Stats are actually 47 FG% and 40 3p%, tbh. And he's taking 17.6 shots per game, very far from Kobe levels. Bad troll thread is bad.

Kawhitstorm
12-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Kawhi is playing a notch better than '10-'11 Wade who was STILL at his PEAK (he was "Co-Player of the Month" w/ LeBron): http://bkref.com/tiny/B7PX7

Wade averaged 2 more assists per 100 possession but he also average 2 more turnovers otherwise Kawhi has better or equivalent numbers (Wade shot 50% but Kawhi has a better TS% b/c he shoots TWICE as many 3s)

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 05:58 PM
Stats are actually 47 FG% and 40 3p%, tbh. And he's taking 17.6 shots per game, very far from Kobe levels. Bad troll thread is bad.

Straw.
OP was not about "shots per game". Rather trips down the floor where Kwa has a Kobme possession. All players do it. Even Timmy Dunks had badly forced shots on rare occassions. Point of OP clearly was that Kwa is increasing from almost never to an eyebrow raising number of times. Even if the majority of his offensive game is still great, too many Kobme possessions. Obvious to many.

Incidentally Kwa is
.468 fg
.398 treys.
You rounded up, i rounded down. Rather insignificant. What is significant is again, exactly as the OP said the lowest fg% of his career and treys % is down 4% from last season. Still plenty of time to raise both of them. But it's not soley about shooting percentage. It's about not having Kobme possessions where a better shot selection or a pass would be better but he Kobes ahead anyways. Need to nip that in the bud.

Why would you not want Kwa to cut down on his # of Kobme possessions?

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 07:02 PM
Kawhi is playing a notch better than '10-'11 Wade who was STILL at his PEAK
Wade to me peaked in 2006. Which is not to say he was not still good in 11.
However, Wade is another good Kobme example. Could have easily finished off Dallas in 11 with LeBron taking the lead.

Too many trips down the floor Wade also pulls his Kobme shit. And it's cost. To me Wade is the single biggest reason the Heat failed to ride LeBrons coatails after taking the 2-1 lead and about to go 3-1.

FkLA
12-14-2016, 08:22 PM
:lol You don't get to choose whether to round up or down. There's a rule for it.

DAF86
12-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Straw.
OP was not about "shots per game". Rather trips down the floor where Kwa has a Kobme possession. All players do it. Even Timmy Dunks had badly forced shots on rare occassions. Point of OP clearly was that Kwa is increasing from almost never to an eyebrow raising number of times. Even if the majority of his offensive game is still great, too many Kobme possessions. Obvious to many.

Incidentally Kwa is
.468 fg
.398 treys.
You rounded up, i rounded down. Rather insignificant. What is significant is again, exactly as the OP said the lowest fg% of his career and treys % is down 4% from last season. Still plenty of time to raise both of them. But it's not soley about shooting percentage. It's about not having Kobme possessions where a better shot selection or a pass would be better but he Kobes ahead anyways. Need to nip that in the bud.

Rounding down when the % are .468 and .398 is either retarded or malicious.

rasuo214
12-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Kobe's best shooting season = 46.9%
Kobe's best 3pt shooting season = 38.3%

:lol

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 11:04 PM
smh :lol

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 11:04 PM
:lol You don't get to choose whether to round up or down. There's a rule for it.
what is the rule?

Fabbs
12-14-2016, 11:11 PM
Rounding down when the % are .468 and .398 is either retarded or malicious.
Adding a healthy amount of fiber to your diet may help.

MultiTroll
12-14-2016, 11:56 PM
From tonights game vs Celts

We need to find other ways to involve Kawhi in the offense.

It becomes very ugly when he dominates the ball, he is not good finding his teammates and not great at deciding which shots to take.

It all seems pointless when he s hot, but when he is not you can see all 4 players freezed, no movement, and Kawhi taking an ill advised 3.

Arcadian
12-15-2016, 12:08 AM
what is the rule?

.5 or greater, round up

SpursIndonesia
12-15-2016, 08:17 AM
Kobe's best shooting season = 46.9%
Kobe's best 3pt shooting season = 38.3%

MultiTroll
12-15-2016, 08:37 AM

crickets

MultiTroll
12-21-2016, 12:55 AM
About 3 in a row in the 1st half to blow a lead.
All 3 times leading to Rockets scores on transion O.

For the game?
6 minimum.

Cry Havoc
12-21-2016, 02:47 AM
what is the rule?

Take 3rd grade math again and tell us. Most people know not to broadcast their stupidity. Jesus Christ Fabbs, I feel sorry for you.

Fabbs
12-21-2016, 10:23 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o6MbtO7rv7ENB2SLC/200_s.gif

Quadzilla99
12-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Lmao everyone knows the rounding rule

Cry Havoc
12-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Incidentally Kwa is
.468 fg
.398 treys.

You actually think that 46% and 39% more accurately represent the numbers above than 47% and 40%.

Bizarre.

DisAsTerBot
12-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Lmao fabbs. Who doesn't know how to round numbers off?? You try to insult people with pictures of ralph, but it's you. It's you fabbs. You're the Ralph of st

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 12:53 PM
If anyone can stay on subject.
I'm not referring to Kwas overall shooting, obviously fanatastic as for a while he flirted with 90/50/40.
I'm talking about individual trips down the floor.
If it was a rare Kobme trip here, a rare Kobme trip there I'd say fine. Even Timmy Dunkar did it.
But we're seeing too many. Some games Kwa is having like 5-6 Kobme trips down the floor.

DMC
03-19-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm not referring to Kwas overall shooting, obviously fanatastic as for a while he flirted with 90/50/40.
If it was a rare Kobme trip here, a rare Kobme trip there I'd say fine. Even Timmy Dunkar did it.
But we're seeing too many. Some games Kwa is having like 5-6 Kobme trips down the floor.

Between you and Hater, the gay ass nicknames you come up with need to be filtered internally before being used. Do yall just put letters into a tumbler and take whatever comes out? Dunkar? Really? That's as bad as Ethiopantula.

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 02:30 PM
gay up with filtered internally Ethiopantula.

DMC
03-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Stop fagging up your own threads with queer nicknames and people might actually read it.

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Stop fagging up your own threads with queer nicknames and people might actually read it.

This is a test:

I'm not referring to Kawhi Leonards overall shooting, obviously fantastic as for a while he flirted with 90/50/40.
If it was a rare Kobe Bryant trip here, a rare Kobe Bryant trip there I'd say fine. Even Tim Duncan did it.
But we're seeing too many. Some games Kawhi Leonard is having like 5-6 Kobe trips down the floor.

DMC
03-19-2017, 03:12 PM
What is a Kobe trip? Kawhi doesn't take a high number of shots per game.

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 03:21 PM
What is a Kobe trip? Kawhi doesn't take a high number of shots per game.
On offensive possession in which much better options were available.
One where for example Kobe would completely ignore teammates and take (force) and miss an ill advised shot.

DMC
03-19-2017, 03:25 PM
On offensive possession in which much better options were available.
One where for example Kobe would completely ignore teammates and take (force) and miss an ill advised shot.

Kobe took ill advised shots at a high clip. Taking a quick shot isn't a Kobe shot, it's just a quick shot. If Kawhi took them at a high clip and played no defense on the transition, that would be a Kobe possession. He'd have to throw a teammate under the bus for not rebounding his miss.

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Kobe took ill advised shots at a high clip.
So he did. What is your point?

"If it was a rare Kobme trip here, a rare Kobme trip there I'd say fine. Even Timmy Dunkar did it.
But we're seeing too many. Some games Kwa is having like 5-6 Kobme trips down the floor."

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Taking a quick shot isn't a Kobe shot, it's just a quick shot.
A forced shitty shot can take place at any time during the shot clock.
smh.

DMC
03-19-2017, 11:05 PM
I explained the difference between a quick shot and a Kobe shot. You've not shown that Kawhi's shots are Kobe shots. Saying he takes 5 or 6 of them is saying every one of them is at a high clip. Where's the threshold?

Basically you're using a circularity fallacy here. You're expecting me to accept that your definition of a "Kobe shot" is just taking a quick shot in transition or going 1 on 1 before setting up a play, but you've not established that and I don't agree with it and I explained why. For one thing, there's no such thing as a "Kobe shot", only Kobe-like shot selection. Are you saying Kawhi has poor shot selection multiple times down the floor?

Forcing up a shot isn't a Kobe-like play either. Kobe's bad shot selection wasn't forced shots, but planned shots he wasn't really capable of making at a high enough clip to make it better than a pass to Howard or Gasol.