PDA

View Full Version : Is LDN dead?

FkLA
12-14-2016, 10:45 PM
One of his biggest fans here, but he isn't a LDN anymore and I'm starting to lose hope that he'll ever be that again. :(

TimDunkem
12-14-2016, 10:47 PM
He peaked, imho.

dabom
12-14-2016, 10:48 PM
He's garbage right now. I remember I called him out last year too. Chinook remembers. :lmao

ElNono
12-14-2016, 10:49 PM
I think any other team would've moved him by now, tbh... but considering the defensive liabilities in our starting lineup, the Spurs kinda need him, and need him to play well at least defensively.

BillMc
12-14-2016, 10:49 PM
Pretty suremI saw him,on the Zapruder film

Robz4000
12-14-2016, 10:52 PM
He's been bad the past 2-3 games, but he was great before this stretch.

mookie2001
12-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Dude is a national tragedy with the ball in his hands.

Arcadian
12-14-2016, 10:54 PM
What inspired this topic? Did he do something particularly terrible?

mookie2001
12-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Natural disaster ass mf

dabom
12-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Natural disaster ass mf

Weapon of mass destruction.

12-14-2016, 11:04 PM
Usual slump. I'm not sure what was going on last year, but all signs point it being an anamoly. His FG% is the best it's been since 12/13, and his 3 put % is right around his career average. Also cool to see, his two point FG% is the best it's been by far since 2010/2011. Small sample size, but from what we've seen so far, it's safe to say Danny is fine.

100%duncan
12-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Good thing LDN is dead but LMA being shit for a quarter of the season is fine

TheGreatYacht
12-14-2016, 11:12 PM
Second best SG on the team behind Simmons

midnightpulp
12-15-2016, 12:00 AM
He peaked, imho.

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 12:01 AM
He's a role player with ups and downs...

MI21
12-15-2016, 12:08 AM
He make his reverse layups now which is good.

kaji157
12-15-2016, 12:13 AM
He is a consequence of not moving the ball as well as before and not having a great distributor on the team.

If you look at the teamīs offenses, itīs not only him. In todays game bad posessions ended in Manu, Tony and Pattyīs hands in the 3pt line where they faked and created off the dribble, because the defender was to close and there wasnt an open shot.

Problem is, Danny canīt do that, shouldnīt do that.

Once the team starts playing a bit better Danny should get more open looks where he can pull the trigger instead of thinking.

(I still believe i prefer him to shoot the contested 3 over having to think anything)

spurs10
12-15-2016, 12:20 AM
He make his reverse layups now which is good. Yeah those have been looking nice.

Nathan89
12-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Spurs need more ball handling to really unlock Green.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 12:30 AM
He's been very hesitant on O lately, and he's been making more mistakes than usual on the defensive end.

Hoping he turns it around.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 12:52 AM
This could very well be, the start of his athletic decline. Which will be directly tied to his overall decline, since he relies on his athleticism for the one thing he does best (defense).

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2016, 12:56 AM
I think any other team would've moved him by now, tbh... but considering the defensive liabilities in our starting lineup, the Spurs kinda need him, and need him to play well at least defensively.

I've no doubt Thibs would trade Zach "No Defense" Lavine & dump Cole Aldrich for Danny.:lol

Danny hasn't been better than Simmons on D so I'm not sure there would be much of a drop-off defensively if Simmons started. Kyle can also guard the big wings like Dominos just as well as Danny at this point.:lol

YGWHI
12-15-2016, 01:19 AM
Pretty suremI saw him,on the Zapruder film

And we didn't even play 'Dallas' tonight.

It's so nice to see you here again!! :flag:

YGWHI
12-15-2016, 01:21 AM
Exactly.

Also if we look at their contracts...Danny is still LDN compared to LMA 'getting in shape' season.

YGWHI
12-15-2016, 01:27 AM
What inspired this topic? Did he do something particularly terrible?

Not really. Some people blame him for his limited offense, others for his defense on Bradley tonight.

ESPN showed how Messina was full 'italian-serbian' on him in the first TO after Danny missed a defensive rotation...But that's nothing new.
Pop does do it every game and Danny is one of best perimeter defenders in the league. Like the team, he had his bad games this season but overall, he's still great at D.

People justr overreact here.

BillMc
12-15-2016, 01:30 AM
And we didn't even play 'Dallas' tonight.

It's so nice to see you here again!! :flag:mThanks bro! :toast
Glad to be here.

Em-City
12-15-2016, 02:37 AM
I've no doubt Thibs would trade Zach "No Defense" Lavine & dump Cole Aldrich for Danny.:lol

Danny hasn't been better than Simmons on D so I'm not sure there would be much of a drop-off defensively if Simmons started. Kyle can also guard the big wings like Dominos just as well as Danny at this point.:lol

danny has definitely been better than simmons on D. simmons actually got benched this game for letting his man b-line straight to the rim with 5 seconds on the clock at the end of the half

r0drig0lac
12-15-2016, 07:51 AM

TheDoctor
12-15-2016, 07:55 AM
He's just having a Fathead moment tbh

Usual slump related to his annual groin mild injury

Chinook
12-15-2016, 07:58 AM
One of his biggest fans here, but he isn't a LDN anymore and I'm starting to lose hope that he'll ever be that again. :(

He doesn't get the ball enough to be LDN on offense anymore. I don't know what people expect, but spot-up guys can't get open on their own. None of them can. They need guys to screen for them or in the very least to give them space to lose their men. If the offense doesn't actually have that in their game, then you can't just make it happen. You can see him trying to make cuts to get an open three only to run into a post-up or iso on the other side and have to turn around. Dude's still shooting fine percentages, especially for him "slumping", but he isn't getting the attempts now, because the offense isn't organically giving him rhythmic looks.

And yes, he was totally fouled on his last attempt. Horford never even got to touch the ball, because Smart hit Green's elbow on the way up.

Defensively, he really hasn't been any different in terms of his straight man defense. Dude was unlucky as hell last night with the fouls (especially that so many were and-1s), and that's happened before. His defense has never really "looked" consistently good. It was just really effective. He actually did a good job last night, though with how many times the Spurs switched, it's hard to quantify that without going through a lot of analysis. He wasn't the one who got pulled aside by Pop for his D last night.

His biggest issue is a lack of impact plays on that end. Dude's not getting the blocks and steals he usually gets. That may be because people are attacking his side more, which means he's not on the weak side to get blocks. He also seems to be going for verticality more this season rather than swiping down. That's going to limit his blocks, though I imagine his rim-protection numbers are still strong.

I'm not worried about Green long-term. He looked much worse this time last year, and he was LDN in the playoffs. He's second on the team in TS%. People who think he's going to score 12-plus points on his 6.8 possessions per game are unrealistic.

Raven
12-15-2016, 08:05 AM
he's simply out of the offensive scheme. This year we are playing more of an old school style and there just aren't many touches for the 5th option, that's why KA is struggling and that's why LDN is struggling. Their job is to defend so that is what they do.

daledondale
12-15-2016, 08:17 AM
Dude is a national tragedy with the ball in his hands.
:lol

LaMarcus Bryant
12-15-2016, 08:34 AM
He doesn't get the ball enough to be LDN on offense anymore. I don't know what people expect, but spot-up guys can't get open on their own. None of them can. They need guys to screen for them or in the very least to give them space to lose their men. If the offense doesn't actually have that in their game, then you can't just make it happen. You can see him trying to make cuts to get an open three only to run into a post-up or iso on the other side and have to turn around. Dude's still shooting fine percentages, especially for him "slumping", but he isn't getting the attempts now, because the offense isn't organically giving him rhythmic looks.

And yes, he was totally fouled on his last attempt. Horford never even got to touch the ball, because Smart hit Green's elbow on the way up.

Defensively, he really hasn't been any different in terms of his straight man defense. Dude was unlucky as hell last night with the fouls (especially that so many were and-1s), and that's happened before. His defense has never really "looked" consistently good. It was just really effective. He actually did a good job last night, though with how many times the Spurs switched, it's hard to quantify that without going through a lot of analysis. He wasn't the one who got pulled aside by Pop for his D last night.

His biggest issue is a lack of impact plays on that end. Dude's not getting the blocks and steals he usually gets. That may be because people are attacking his side more, which means he's not on the weak side to get blocks. He also seems to be going for verticality more this season rather than swiping down. That's going to limit his blocks, though I imagine his rim-protection numbers are still strong.

I'm not worried about Green long-term. He looked much worse this time last year, and he was LDN in the playoffs. He's second on the team in TS%. People who think he's going to score 12-plus points on his 6.8 possessions per game are unrealistic.

/threadddd

UZER
12-15-2016, 10:23 AM
No drive and kick, no Danny Green. The Spurs don't have anybody who drives and forces the defense to collapse. They have old guys (tony Manu) who can be easily guarded one on one on the perimeter and when they drive. They get blocked by the player guarding them, or a big sliding over. They don't cause guys to slide of the perimeter to help anymore.

Because of that, guys stay home on their man so when there is a kick to an "open" player, his defender is already within position to contest the shot or make him pass.

Pat has a super quick release and can also put the ball on the floor if needed. Bertrans is tall so he can still get his shot off and also isn't afraid to pull up the a couple feet behind the line. Unfortunately Danny Green is the odd man out in the situation because he has a slower release, jumps forward when he shoots, and is a disaster when he puts it on the floor.

GSH
12-15-2016, 10:55 AM

If this team got any worse defensively, they couldn't put up enough points to win most games. So they would have to replace Danny with someone who is at least as good a defender. And to improve as a team, the replacement would also have to be a good 3P shooter, because he couldn't take shots away from anyone else. That's a pretty short list of replacements.

The team is better when Danny is hitting 3's - no doubt about it. I used to think his shot was coming back. Not so much anymore.

GSH
12-15-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm not worried about Green long-term.

He's signed through 18-19. Try and picture 18-19 and ask yourself: is he likely to be getting an even bigger contract to start the 19-20 season... or is he more likely to be playing for 3-4 Mil somewhere?

Danny is fine. But he can't put the ball on the floor without it being a disaster. Now he can't shoot 3's at a competitive percentage. That's a pretty limited skill set. If he loses anything at all on defense, he's got negative value. That's an adequate player, not LDN.

Chinook
12-15-2016, 11:05 AM
He's signed through 18-19. Try and picture 18-19 and ask yourself: is he likely to be getting an even bigger contract to start the 19-20 season... or is he more likely to be playing for 3-4 Mil somewhere?

Danny is fine. But he can't put the ball on the floor without it being a disaster. Now he can't shoot 3's at a competitive percentage. That's a pretty limited skill set. If he loses anything at all on defense, he's got negative value. That's an adequate player, not LDN.

If he doesn't shoot well and sucks on D, then yes, he will be a bad player. "Long-term" means this year for me, though. At his age, he could start declining at any time, though I think he'll still be in the league until his mid-30s (like Battier) unless he just doesn't want to do it anymore.

I think he'll get a similar contract, especially from the Spurs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Danny opt in and sign an extension if everything remains the same as far as his relationship with PATFO. I hope no one regrets his contract right now.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 11:35 AM
I find it hard to predict anything once Pop retires.

NameLess Scrub
12-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Spurs need more ball handling to really unlock Green.

That sounded like a gaming thing.

Somebody make an unlock Danny pic thingy.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 01:51 PM
If he doesn't shoot well and sucks on D, then yes, he will be a bad player. "Long-term" means this year for me, though. At his age, he could start declining at any time, though I think he'll still be in the league until his mid-30s (like Battier) unless he just doesn't want to do it anymore.

I think he'll get a similar contract, especially from the Spurs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Danny opt in and sign an extension if everything remains the same as far as his relationship with PATFO. I hope no one regrets his contract right now.

Understand your point, but Battier is a poor comparison. Battier could play 3 positions and was a much more versatile player on both ends, with an elite bball IQ that made up for his athletic decline. Danny can be a bone head at times, and is not a versatile player on the offensive end. I think his decline is sooner than you're implying. We'll see.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 01:53 PM
I don't think this is athletic decline related.

I am more worried about Lamarcus myself.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't think this is athletic decline related.

Not yet, but his athletic decline will be tied to his overall decline as a player. His value is tied to guarding quicker players/playmakers well. Without that skill, his value drops tremendously -- he'll be like a late career Keith Bogans/Udoka type of contributor (not worthy of an extension --4th or 5th wing type of ceiling).

Chinook
12-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Understand your point, but Battier is a poor comparison. Battier could play 3 positions and was a much more versatile player on both ends, with an elite bball IQ that made up for his athletic decline. Danny can be a bone head at times, and is not a versatile player on the offensive end. I think his decline is sooner than you're implying. We'll see.

I don't think Battier's stats really show him to be a versatile player, especially in his prime. He was never a big scorer on offense, and was never a dynamic shooter. Battier being able to play the four extended his career, but he also retired early. Look at guys like Barnes who are the same age as Battier was when he retired. It's not a great feat to be productive at 35 in today's league.

We'll definitely see. But it's a strange day we Spurs fans are trying to act like 29 is getting old for a player.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't think Battier's stats really show him to be a versatile player, especially in his prime. He was never a big scorer on offense, and was never a dynamic shooter. Battier being able to play the four extended his career, but he also retired early. Look at guys like Barnes who are the same age as Battier was when he retired. It's not a great feat to be productive at 35 in today's league.

We'll definitely see. But it's a strange day we Spurs fans are trying to act like 29 is getting old for a player.

I am more concerned about Lamarcus bc he hasn't been playing well and to me it sounds fishy he's getting so much rest in the season.

In his younger days he carried a huge load offensively and minutes wise for Portland. I get concerned with guys who all of a sudden have nags and little things here or there that need nursing. For better or worse I am reminded of Tony and how his real decline from his prime started with him looking brittle and being undependable to stay on the court bc of a nag, a bruise, a pull here or there, etc.

I hope to be wrong about Lamarcus.... but the Danny thing I really don't think it's age. He has looked well athletically to me. He could have made a mistake here or there.... but it doesn't seem like he's any slower on his feet laterally.

Anyways, I missed the last game... so all these threads I really probably shouldn't be giving opinions on.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 02:15 PM

Never said he's getting old. Just seems he peaked a few years ago overall and that his athletic decline will be tied to his decline. In my opinion.

You don't have to be a big scorer to be versatile, you can be versatile mentally and be able to get to certain spots on the floor with fluidity and a purpose when the D closes out hard. Battier was very fluid player with a very high IQ. If Danny isn't shooting threes he's dribbling into trouble most of the time and is a mess more often than not. I don't see them as comparable players.

GSH
12-15-2016, 02:20 PM

Yeah, if you're talking this year, then I'm 100% onboard. Longer term? I've totally given up on Danny learning how to dive and score. If he can't shoot 3-pointers at a reliable percentage, he's a one-dimensional player, which means he has zero room for slippage. I could see the Spurs keeping him at the same price or less, though, as long as he's still playing good D.

To be fair, he's shooting a good percentage from 3P this year. He's just not putting up many shots of any kind. Some of that is his fault, but a lot of it isn't. I'm watching the fact that his RB, STL, and BLK numbers are down significantly - especially compared to couple of years ago. Last year's Danny was disappointing, and so far this year's looks worse. By any measure that shows up on a stat sheet, Danny appears to be in a steady 2-year decline.

To be even more fair, there's no Tim Duncan anchoring the defense. And there's no big man (Tim Duncan) demanding attention in the paint, so that he can sit in the corner like Bruce Bowen, and shoot wide-open short 3's. The more I watch this team, the more I think we under-estimated Tim, even at the end of last season.

Chinook
12-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Never said he's getting old. Just seems he peaked a few years ago overall and that his athletic decline will be tied to his decline. In my opinion.

You don't have to be a big scorer to be versatile, you can be versatile mentally and be able to get to certain spots on the floor with fluidity and a purpose when the D closes out hard. Battier was very fluid player with a very high IQ. If Danny isn't shooting threes he's dribbling into trouble most of the time and is a mess more often than not. I don't see them as comparable players.

They have differences, I agree. I don't think Danny's physically declined. He might have mentally peaked, though. He's pretty much done everything you can expect a role-player to do. He's rich. He has a ring. It's hard to get caught up in the daily run of the regular season when you've done it all the time. He turned it on last playoffs just fine, which is why I doubt it has anything to do with him physically.

However, it's a solid fact that the offense is not getting him looks anymore. I don't think there's any point in wondering about things with him when he's getting so few looks. His USG% has dropped off considerably as the offense has moved away from the system and more toward individuals.

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 02:44 PM
They have differences, I agree. I don't think Danny's physically declined. He might have mentally peaked, though. He's pretty much done everything you can expect a role-player to do. He's rich. He has a ring. It's hard to get caught up in the daily run of the regular season when you've done it all the time. He turned it on last playoffs just fine, which is why I doubt it has anything to do with him physically.

However, it's a solid fact that the offense is not getting him looks anymore. I don't think there's any point in wondering about things with him when he's getting so few looks. His USG% has dropped off considerably as the offense has moved away from the system and more toward individuals.

I love Danny, always have. And I don't think he's physically declined yet, I'm just saying that it could be sooner than we expect since his type of athletic ability is one of a different kind -- being tied to his foot speed/lateral movement. Also, he doesn't have the elite IQ that can prolong his effectiveness throughout the latter part of his career IMO. Pop still has to stay on his ass from game to game about the most basic mistakes and he seems lost too often on offense when he has the ball in hard close outs when he's spotting up.

By the time the Spurs get the needed facilitator to open things up again for the weakside shooters, Danny's overall effectiveness on D might be gone -- which is tied to his overall value since his IQ won't be able to save him like a Battier or Barnes. I've already began to see more blow bye's than I'm used to seeing when Danny is defending the ball.

I don't see Danny having the type of impact of a Battier did in the latter part of his career.

Again, I'm not implying Spurs need to trade him. I think he has another 2 solid years in him, but I think his decline will come sooner than you expect.

jermaine
12-15-2016, 04:58 PM
He honestly sucks all the same on 2k17!

tholdren
12-15-2016, 07:50 PM
he's just not competitive.

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 08:02 PM
He honestly sucks all the same on 2k17!

Yeah..a bit.

Spurs_619
12-15-2016, 08:21 PM
been garbage for 2 years now tbh.

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2016, 09:02 PM
I don't think Battier's stats really show him to be a versatile player, especially in his prime. He was never a big scorer on offense, and was never a dynamic shooter. Battier being able to play the four extended his career, but he also retired early.

Battier was really a true 3 who couldn't check quick wing players even in his prime similar to Tayshaun Prince. By his 10th season, he couldn't stay in front of your average starting wing player & had to be converted to a stretch 4 similar to Marvin Williams (they BOTH played 4 in college).

But it's a strange day we Spurs fans are trying to act like 29 is getting old for a player.

Danny is most comparable to Raja Bell who peaked at 29-31 although that could be attributed to playing w/ Nash. Thabo is a current player that's comparable to Danny & he's still an elite defender at 32. Tony Allen is also playing All-NBA defense at 35 (when healthy) but he has low mileage & was an elite athlete so losing a couple steps wasn't going to end his career.

GSH
12-15-2016, 09:31 PM
"Is LDN Dead?"

No... his name is Dedmon.

EVAY
12-15-2016, 10:13 PM
Defensively - no. Offensively - good chance yes. Unless the offensive scheme changes, Not Green's fault. Just the change in the focus of the offense due to the personnel.

kaji157
12-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Today he nailed both shots and didnīt fuck up the offense.

On the other hand he defended like me. And i am not an NBA player.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 11:52 PM
He made his shots but played defense poorly.

dabom
12-15-2016, 11:53 PM
:lol

spursistan
12-17-2016, 05:39 PM

Matching the eye test; DG hasn't been good the past couple of weeks..

dabom
12-17-2016, 05:54 PM

Matching the eye test; DG hasn't been good the past couple of weeks..
Of course. Only a couple of people actually understand the game. :lol

dabom
12-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Probably about 10 people in this entire board. :lol

dabom
12-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Spurs is tan is top 50 in this board...

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 10:26 PM
Just needed a little Cialis, tbh..

Robz4000
12-20-2016, 10:28 PM
Icy Hot tbh...

Chinook
12-20-2016, 10:29 PM
There are teams like Houston and Cleveland where you're going to get Good Green no matter what else is going on with him.

spursistan
12-20-2016, 10:30 PM
I love him when he slaps around his long d**k in clutch moments..a joy to watch..

Mnky
12-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Icy Hot tbh...

timtonymanu
12-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Green played like shit all last season but he stepped up in the playoffs. Notably Game 5 against OKC that got cancelled out by Softdridge/Enrique sighting.

mudyez
12-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Why is he called LDN? Seems I missed something.

SAGirl
12-29-2016, 10:59 AM
He has been alive and kicking.
I think the narrative that he's dead is not accurate this season.
Apparently the lasik was much needed. :toast

SAGirl
12-29-2016, 11:09 AM
Frankly, one has to love Danny's honesty... he made me chuckle with these quotes:

SAGirl
12-29-2016, 11:15 AM
More on Danny... frankly, he had a very good game.
Obviously, Manu's disruptive defense stands out in the second half and Lamarcus and Tony had great games scoring, but Danny was very significant on defense.

boutons_deux
12-29-2016, 11:18 AM
Sean said he thought Danny was a little too tight last year, feeling the weight of his huge new contract, but that his year, his contract is hold news, so he's playing, shooting looser, better.

who really knows?

Chinook
12-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Danny's second TO was awful. But he deserves a ton of credit for starting the defensive comeback. He came out of the locker room digging every ball in the paint. That prevented the Suns from exposing the Spurs' bigs. Then Gasol and LMA seemed to get it, and they started contesting shots at the rim. Then Manu came in and just went HAM.

That type of defensive teamwork is what's been missing this season. More than Kawhi and Green or Parker and Pau, the team needs to work together to make sure everyone's job is easier on D. Don't let guys go one-on-one. Throw hands at them. Make them change direction on their drives. Gang rebound. That's a mentality, not a scheme. Glad to see it come together for a game. That just needs to continue for here.

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 01:23 AM
Danny's second TO was awful. But he deserves a ton of credit for starting the defensive comeback. He came out of the locker room digging every ball in the paint. That prevented the Suns from exposing the Spurs' bigs. Then Gasol and LMA seemed to get it, and they started contesting shots at the rim. Then Manu came in and just went HAM.

That type of defensive teamwork is what's been missing this season. More than Kawhi and Green or Parker and Pau, the team needs to work together to make sure everyone's job is easier on D. Don't let guys go one-on-one. Throw hands at them. Make them change direction on their drives. Gang rebound. That's a mentality, not a scheme. Glad to see it come together for a game. That just needs to continue for here.
There was some hilarity here.
We can laugh about it since it was a win...
More than Pop, watch Pau!:toast

mudyez
12-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Sean said he thought Danny was a little too tight last year, feeling the weight of his huge new contract, but that his year, his contract is hold news, so he's playing, shooting looser, better.

who really knows?

Rather playing bad because of the heavy weight of the contract, than laying back and don't giving a f*** after cashing in.

DPG21920
12-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Rather playing bad because of the heavy weight of the contract, than laying back and don't giving a f*** after cashing in.

By no measure is Danny playing bad. Stop it.

100%duncan
12-30-2016, 09:56 PM
This thread was stupid to begin with tbh Fkla still my bro tho

Chinook
12-30-2016, 10:17 PM
By no measure is Danny playing bad. Stop it.

I think mudyez was complimenting Green. I agree I'd rather have a guy try too hard than not enough.

DPG21920
12-30-2016, 10:19 PM
I think mudyez was complimenting Green. I agree I'd rather have a guy try too hard than enough.

I see what he was saying now :lol. Sorry mudyez.

MI21
12-30-2016, 11:06 PM
I love this funny running, no dribbling, Lionel Richie looking motherfucker.

timtonymanu
12-30-2016, 11:06 PM
People forget he went through cold streaks even in 2013 and 2014. LDN has been looking like his old self, much better than what we saw last season.

NASpurs
12-30-2016, 11:07 PM
That Lasik surgery is working wonders :wow

FkLA
12-31-2016, 12:04 AM
The LDN lives, tbh.

mudyez
12-31-2016, 06:04 AM
I see what he was saying now :lol. Sorry mudyez.

:tu

Spurtacular
12-31-2016, 08:40 AM
He's a role player with ups and downs...

Still the stupidest poster on ST

From Downtown
12-31-2016, 09:04 AM
His confidence and swagger are back, that's huge for us

He should avoid putting the ball on the floor tho tbh

exstatic
12-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Better than ever. His shot is SO wet right now. He's shooting 46% on 4 attempts per game.

SAGirl
01-01-2017, 03:18 AM

mudyez
01-01-2017, 03:48 AM
so again...can somebody tell me, what the LDN stands for?

I get, that its Verde, but what does it actually stand for?

100%duncan
01-01-2017, 04:05 AM
so again...can somebody tell me, what the LDN stands for?

I get, that its Verde, but what does it actually stand for?

Long Dick Nigga

mudyez
01-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Long Dick Nigga

At any other place, I'd think, you are making fun of my question. But since this is ST, I believe you.

Chinook
01-01-2017, 09:06 AM
At any other place, I'd think, you are making fun of my question. But since this is ST, I believe you.

Harlem gave him that name after Danny and Tim carried the team to a victory over Washington in 2014.

Seventyniner
01-01-2017, 10:58 AM
People forget he went through cold streaks even in 2013 and 2014. LDN has been looking like his old self, much better than what we saw last season.

3rd in the league in 3PT%. :toast

HarlemHeat37
01-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Harlem gave him that name after Danny and Tim carried the team to a victory over Washington in 2014.

:lol I didn't give him that nickname..I called him a long dick nigga, and everybody ran with it as a nickname, tbh..

TheCerebral1
01-01-2017, 06:33 PM
It is interesting to see what sort of market would be there to trade him. Whether good or bad, he's not the inside rim protector that the Spurs have had with Duncan. I would say he's a shade below Splitter in defensive metrics (however, as usual I don't do research).