PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol was a beast tonight!

SequSpur
12-14-2016, 11:57 PM
FO.:toast

alpha_HaZE
12-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Yes, he was! Timmy might had something to do with it, but credit to Pau!!!!

Let's hope he can keep it up when LaMarcus returns.

TheGreatYacht
12-15-2016, 12:02 AM
Dominican Carlos Boozer makes every big look great. We'll see if he can keep it up

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Nah, he was pretty darn average impact wise. His stats os very misleading since he statpads with rebounds and shots a lot.

A player is only ever awesome if he wasnt a huge negative on one end.

SequSpur
12-15-2016, 12:23 AM
blow me... stats aren't everything. I saw the improvement...

Kawhitstorm
12-15-2016, 12:28 AM
He didn't get exposed on PnRs b/c Isaiah Thomas was out, otherwise he would have went off like Avery Bradley.

emanueldavidginobili
12-15-2016, 12:31 AM
To me I saw several times that he looked straight up lazy and just watched people drive to the basketball, he also completely gave up on a play when he was covering Amir. I think Dedmond needs to be taking some of his minutes tbh. He had a good game though but no where near "beast"

Mr. Body
12-15-2016, 12:40 AM
Nah, he was pretty darn average impact wise. His stats os very misleading since he statpads with rebounds and shots a lot.

A player is only ever awesome if he wasnt a huge negative on one end.

How the Fuck do you stat pad with rebounds? Rebounds are rebounds. They're all good.

SequSpur
12-15-2016, 12:43 AM
How the Fuck do you stat pad with rebounds? Rebounds are rebounds. They're all good.

yeah DF.... stat pad deez nutz...

Clipper Nation
12-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Kevin Love used to box out his own teammates to pad his rebounds in Minnesota, tbh. He also used to get into a rebounding position early instead of contesting shots.

sananspursfan21
12-15-2016, 12:49 AM
Ditka couldn't stop Pau!

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 12:52 AM

This is why I know you're level of understanding of basketball is very limited. Sometimes boxing out, is a better option. Gasol has given way too many offensive boards this year in large part of his tendency to look at the ball first before his man.

Way too many instances where he should have boxed out and let Aldridge or the other players rebound the ball. Real effort comes in boxing out when needed and grabbing the boards when needed. Je's only focused on the latter.

That's with bigs.

With Guards, you basocally open up the perimter. Part of the reason why OKC is bad. Russell always goes for the reboubds. He is averaging 8 uncontested reboubds every game..Also the reason why they are giving up easy points to guards...But WestBrook is atleast controbuting MVP level.elsewhere..

Pau..not so much

That's how you stat-pad rebounds. Maybe youll write that down and learn some basketball basics.

spursistan
12-15-2016, 12:56 AM
Dominican Carlos Boozer makes every big look great. We'll see if he can keep it up
Not sure who was calling for the Spurs to max this midget..Dude is even more soft than LMA and rebounds like a Small Forward..:lol

Mr. Body
12-15-2016, 12:58 AM
Kevin Love used to box out his own teammates to pad his rebounds in Minnesota, tbh. He also used to get into a rebounding position early instead of contesting shots.

Pau doesn't, though

TheGreatYacht
Not sure who was calling for the Spurs to max this midget..Dude is even more soft than LMA and rebounds like a Small Forward..:lol
:lmao

Mr. Body
Pau hit a lot of pivotal shots tonight, including a corner three.

Em-City
12-15-2016, 02:42 AM
his passing and spacing also brought the best out of D.Lee, who attached the rim aggressively with his cuts and rolls.

I can see pop getting them more minutes together in future, while LA teams up a little more with Dedmon.

SpursIndonesia
12-15-2016, 03:20 AM
Pau doesn't, though

The way Avery Bradley snuck on him for the tip in was pretty annoying though, low level of awareness & defensive intensity it seemed.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Pau doesn't, though
Not saying he does, just saying that there are actually ways to stat-pad rebounds.

GSH
12-15-2016, 09:44 AM
blow me... stats aren't everything. I saw the improvement...

This is Pau's 16th year in the league - there is no "improvement". He's as good as he will ever be. Not as good as he used to be, but as good as he ever will be.

You saw a better performance than most he's turned in this year - especially on the glass. Maybe he just had a good night. Maybe the ball just bounced his way a few times. Or... maybe it's because Boston is the third shittiest rebounding team in the league?

Pau is a legitimate 7-footer. That was his fourth double digit rebounding night, out of 25 games. Yes, he had a good game last night. Hoorah.

Mr. Body
12-15-2016, 10:23 AM
The way Avery Bradley snuck on him for the tip in was pretty annoying though, low level of awareness & defensive intensity it seemed.

The dude is old and at seven feet wasn't ever the fastest. He had a great game.

superbigtime
12-15-2016, 10:28 AM
Wasn't amazing, but some good passes, made his throws, nice 3 pointer. I'll take a double double from Gasoft any night, but he was not a 'beast.'

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Op exposed as a boxscore watcher. Sequboxscore gonna sequboxscore