PDA

View Full Version : Crazy how much more potential this team has than last years team..but...

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Will still most likely lose against the Warriors in 5..I did predict they would win the league, still...

The bench is much better with Dedmon-Bertans-Lee and Contract year patty over the embarrasment last year.

Just a team with better closing lineup potential....But amazingly, it doesnt feel enough...Pre-Warriors days though, and they're favouritw to win it all in almost every year.., imo.

kaji157
12-15-2016, 12:30 AM
Two things. I am not really sure you are using the word "potential" quite right.

As for example "Patty playing well" or "Tim not injuring his knee" were also "potentials" for last year.

I firmly believe that if Tim doesn´t get injuried last year as bad as he clearly was, we would have gotten past OKC (have the league allowed it) and put up a good battle to OKC.

While i agree this team is better constructed. i think NOTHING replaces a healthy Duncan come playoff time.

Also, last year, many players were injuried for long periods, that, in hindsight was the reason why some of our players were gassed by the playoffs after having a good year.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 01:19 AM
I miss Tim too. It's amazing how great he was against the Clippers in 2015 and how much he had fallen by 2016. Almost a different player. The playoffs are going to be very different without him.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-15-2016, 01:21 AM
I miss Tim too. It's amazing how great he was against the Clippers in 2015 and how much he had fallen by 2016. Almost a different player. The playoffs are going to be very different without him.

In fairness though he was pretty damn great in 2016 up until that awful knee injury in February. That injury had him fall off a cliff. He still one of the best defensive centers in the league prior to his injury last year.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 01:47 AM
In fairness though he was pretty damn great in 2016 up until that awful knee injury in February. That injury had him fall off a cliff. He still one of the best defensive centers in the league prior to his injury last year.
:tu
Agreed. I wasn't specific on timing, but yeah he wasn't the same after. RC said after his retirement that he injured the Knee and they could never get it to calm down. Since I was making reference to just the playoffs it didn't matter the specific time when he got injured.

Its believed he rehabbed extensively b4 finally deciding to retire. :depressed

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2016, 02:16 AM
:tu
Agreed. I wasn't specific on timing, but yeah he wasn't the same after. RC said after his retirement that he injured the Knee and they could never get it to calm down. Since I was making reference to just the playoffs it didn't matter the specific time when he got injured.

Its believed he rehabbed extensively b4 finally deciding to retire. :depressed

Timvp mentioned he actually tried giving it a go this offseason for one more go around, but his knee didnt let him...