PDA

View Full Version : Dear pop: Tony is DONE

duncan2k5
12-15-2016, 09:14 AM
when you are surprised by your starting point guard making shots, being effective, and playing decent defense, it is time to make a change...we are at the point where we just allow tony to go through the motions...drible dribble dribble...pick and pop with the big, and pass to them for a jumper... He doesn't drive in the lane and break down the defense, he doesn't shoot well...he can't even take advantage of a mismatched big because he lacks speed...not to mention his refusal to allow kawhi to do his thing unless he needs to be bailed out...it is time to start giving Murray some minutes...he needs to be the third pg off the bench...he is a game changer

duncan2k5
12-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Team above player...if we keep coddling egos, we will lose games, lose free agents that would otherwise come here, aand eventually lose kawhi

Fireball
12-15-2016, 09:24 AM
playing Murray = tanking

you are right about TP, but there are no other options right now which keep us in 2nd place ... Murray is 2-3 years away from being an NBA player I fear

MultiTroll
12-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Team above player...if we keep coddling egos, we will lose games, lose free agents that would otherwise come here, aand eventually lose kawhi

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-15-2016, 09:30 AM
lol another thread about this shit , really?

MultiTroll
12-15-2016, 09:32 AM
when you are surprised by your starting point guard
Camera showed Parker as he left the floor and was entering the pathway leading to the lockers.
He gave some ___ look, not exactly like the .gif that's posted of him staring down Danny Green for making treys vs Miami in the Finals but.....
Some kind of weird negative look.
Wonder who that was directed at?

MultiTroll
12-15-2016, 09:34 AM
lol another thread about this shit , really?
Don't want more 1st or 2nd round exit bullshit.
So, yes.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2016, 09:39 AM
"Done" implies that Porker was ever any good in the first place.

T Park
12-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Murray is far worse than Parker right now.

picnroll
12-15-2016, 09:41 AM
You're kidding, right. Murray doesn't even excel in the D league at this point.

Brazil
12-15-2016, 09:43 AM
we needed another of those threads :lmao

this poster must have not consulted ST for 10 years and watched his first game since 3 years... and had a brilliant idea... hey Parker sucks... let's spread the word, they must not know :lmao

GSH
12-15-2016, 09:49 AM
He doesn't drive in the lane and break down the defense

True

playing Murray = tanking

True

but there are no other options right now which keep us in 2nd place

True

Murray is 2-3 years away from being an NBA player

True

The sun will come up tomorrow

True.

All points that shouldn't need to be made... again.

duncan2k5
12-15-2016, 09:59 AM
If parker wasn't made to start as a rookie, ppl would have said the same thing about him then...he made tons of mistakes, but starting him was the right move...I'm not saying Murray needs to start over Parker...I'm saying Murray needs to be the 3rd pg after Parker and patty...give him valuable NBA minutes and experience....so when parker gets injured or needs to be bailed out in the playoffs like speedy Clacton had to do, we have options...and Murray is one HELLUVA game changer...mark my words

DarrinS
12-15-2016, 10:02 AM
Murray would get minutes if Spurs were bowing teams out and there were some garbage time.

picnroll
12-15-2016, 10:19 AM
1st rookie Parker >>>> rookie Murray
2nd Murray's far better off making mistakes and learning from them in D league than getting 1 or 2 minutes in a few blow outs this year.
3rd using Murray as 3 PG is one of the dumber suggestions so far this year. 3rd PG has to be somewhat functional in case the 1st or 2nd PG gets hurt. Laprovittola has proven he is. Murray is not.

Mr. Body
12-15-2016, 10:22 AM
He had a great game last night, fuckposter.

bigfan
12-15-2016, 10:35 AM
suck one OP, Parker had a great game and is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing.

Dex
12-15-2016, 10:44 AM
Tony has one of his best games of the season....obviously a reason to trade him.

duncan2k5
12-15-2016, 10:46 AM
That's my point...u guys are proving me right...it should be COMMON for him to have good games...there shouldn't be no talks of "ummm...well...at least last night he played good"...and let's be honest...good for parker now is him not stinking up the place...we need positive consistency out of that position, and he is at the stage where he needs to come off the bench...we won't win again just because you guys want to stick with the status quo...I cars about the SPURS...not parker...and if his ego can't deal with reduced minutes/roles, trade him...

12-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Has their ever been a Spur that's been the target of so much hate..especially over such a long period of time? Unprecedented tbh

duncan2k5
12-15-2016, 10:49 AM
1st rookie Parker >>>> rookie Murray
2nd Murray's far better off making mistakes and learning from them in D league than getting 1 or 2 minutes in a few blow outs this year.
3rd using Murray as 3 PG is one of the dumber suggestions so far this year. 3rd PG has to be somewhat functional in case the 1st or 2nd PG gets hurt. Laprovittola has proven he is. Murray is not.

Laprovittola has proven he can because he was given the minutes when the season started...Murray barely had any game time to prove anything...besides lapro is just a game manager...we need someone that can break down the defense and cause a change in the opponents game plan...you are the type of person that would rather stick with Avery Johnson than go with Parker because parker turned over the ball more...

LaMarcus Bryant
12-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Has their ever been a Spur that's been the target of so much hate..especially over such a long period of time? Unprecedented tbh

lol, Manu of course

Fireball
12-15-2016, 11:12 AM
That's my point...u guys are proving me right...it should be COMMON for him to have good games...there shouldn't be no talks of "ummm...well...at least last night he played good"...and let's be honest...good for parker now is him not stinking up the place...we need positive consistency out of that position, and he is at the stage where he needs to come off the bench...we won't win again just because you guys want to stick with the status quo...I cars about the SPURS...not parker...and if his ego can't deal with reduced minutes/roles, trade him...

no ... most of us here agree that his role has to be limited and we can only expect a good game here or there .... but that is still way better than anything Murray can bring to the table

and andy trading suggestions are pipe dreams ...

Cry Havoc
12-15-2016, 11:23 AM

Yeah, he's totally devastated the team with his performance this year. With him starting, we're 14-3 this year and without him we're 6-2.

HES DESTROYING THE SPURS YOU GUYS. GUYS. YOU GUYS. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. WE'RE ONLY ON A 68 GAME WIN PACE WITH HIM STARTING.

SpursforSix
12-15-2016, 11:23 AM

someone has to be #1.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Manu, Kawhi, Bonner, Dick Jefferson, LMA, MVPau...

Meanwhile, Porker is so coddled that the vast majority of threads that speak the truth about his play are deleted, locked or merged on sight :lol

Porker stans are literally the Spurs' equivalent of Kobe stans. Same blind defending of a cancer. Same attitude that criticism and facts = "hate."

Cry Havoc
12-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Meanwhile, Porker is so coddled that the vast majority of threads that speak the truth about his play are deleted, locked or merged on sight :lol

Maybe it's because the posters that criticize the other players aren't attention whores? You know, like a certain fan who not only posts on an other team's website but also in their fan section?

bklynspursfan
12-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Some posters on here :lol

The only people surprised by him making shots are trolls. If nothing else, he is a capable mid range shooter/finisher in the paint. He has struggled this year, but when you factor in struggling this year, vs what he's done in previous years, the sample size is small, and he should turn it around.

Now he's got lots of mileage, so it won't happen nightly. But he's still someone who can help at times. Defensively is where is biggest issue is, and that's just not going to change. Starting Murray would make us a very, very poor team haha.

bklynspursfan
12-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Maybe it's because the posters that criticize the other players aren't attention whores? You know, like a certain fan who not only posts on an other team's website but also in their fan section?

Burn

dabom
12-15-2016, 11:49 AM

Porker stans are literally the Spurs' equivalent of Kobe stans. Same blind defending of a cancer. Same attitude that criticism and facts = "hate."

He's got family dude...

DarrinS
12-15-2016, 12:22 PM
He's in the top 40 based on PER. Could be worse, I guess.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/pg

gambit1990
12-15-2016, 12:36 PM
tony shouldn't be starting, shouldn't be on the court as much as he is. his "defense" is awful.

he's lucky he didn't have to go up against isiah last night. when the spurs played the celtics a few weeks ago isiah had three times as many points and twice as many assists as parker.

palangi
12-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Not true

Cry Havoc
12-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Not true

wtf. Murray is barely an NBA player. If he was given 30 minutes a game he'd have 10 turnovers.

palangi
12-15-2016, 01:54 PM
no ... most of us here agree that his role has to be limited and we can only expect a good game here or there .... but that is still way better than anything Murray can bring to the table

Just not true at all.

Defensively alone Murray is head and shoulders above Tony. Ball handling wise he is just as equal. On the big league club I believe that Murray would be more of a facilitator, something Parker refuses to do. Shooting wise there isn't as much difference as you would think. And then playmaking wise Murray will be superior.

I'm sorry you are afraid of playing young guys and living with some mistakes. But getting Murray up on the second unit is a better option than Parker on the 1st unit. And on the second unit he will be with Manu who can help out as well. But why not get him experience at the big league level? There is a reason that we start slow every game and Parker is one of those reasons. why not look to the future. Let the kid grow up on the big stage. Around professional talent.

palangi
12-15-2016, 01:58 PM
wtf. Murray is barely an NBA player. If he was given 30 minutes a game he'd have 10 turnovers.That's just it. Nobody is saying he needs that much time. And He does have NBA qualities right now. And i doubt he would turnover as much. He wouldn't be expected to do as much as he is at the NBDL level. Plus we still have Lapro who can play if Murray is having an off night. And you never know maybe he really blossoms?

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 02:00 PM

Cry Havoc
12-15-2016, 02:15 PM
That's just it. Nobody is saying he needs that much time. And He does have NBA qualities right now. And i doubt he would turnover as much. He wouldn't be expected to do as much as he is at the NBDL level. Plus we still have Lapro who can play if Murray is having an off night. And you never know maybe he really blossoms?

If he was given more minutes it would presumably be against better players, since it would increase his odds of playing against starters. His turnover rate would likely increase, since he's coughed it up to scrubs this season.

Look, I really like Murray, when given space his handles are insane. But he's just not ready for regular minutes in the league yet. Decent prospect though.

cd98
12-15-2016, 02:23 PM
I'll interject only to say that we should reduce the number of stupid threads on the board, and I'd start with this one. Because it is either a troll-worthy thread or based on stupidity that anyone would suggest a team that has one of the best records in the NBA and is a title contender should bench the starting point guard who has played within himself for the most part, and who still possesses dribbling and passing skills and knowledge for how to run a team (including several championship teams) for a rookie drafted with one of the last picks in the first round that played point guard in college and is still not old enough to buy alcohol legally and has never led an NBA team and has shown to be completely lost in every NBA game he has played in.

You want to start a "Start Patty" thread, I can kind of see that, but a bench Tony for Murray thread was dumb this summer, and its even dumber now that we've seen he's three seasons away from being a contributor in an NBA game.

Hoops Czar
12-15-2016, 02:29 PM

Coddled? You shouldn't be throwing out big boy words if you don't know what they mean. The Parker hate has gotten so bad, it's actually driving people away from the forum. Parker hate threads outnumber all other threads combined by a ratio of 4/1. No other player gets that kind of treatment. Not even TOSB Turnobili.

palangi
12-15-2016, 02:47 PM
If he was given more minutes it would presumably be against better players, since it would increase his odds of playing against starters. His turnover rate would likely increase, since he's coughed it up to scrubs this season.

Look, I really like Murray, when given space his handles are insane. But he's just not ready for regular minutes in the league yet. Decent prospect though.I'm not saying he should play a lot of minutes. I think Mills get the majority of minutes with Lapro getting some as well. But 10-15 minutes wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially if he is playing against backups too. I just feel that he would give us more than what Parker does. Defense alone proves this.

palangi
12-15-2016, 02:48 PM
I'll interject only to say that we should reduce the number of stupid threads on the board, and I'd start with this one. Because it is either a troll-worthy thread or based on stupidity that anyone would suggest a team that has one of the best records in the NBA and is a title contender should bench the starting point guard who has played within himself for the most part, and who still possesses dribbling and passing skills and knowledge for how to run a team (including several championship teams) for a rookie drafted with one of the last picks in the first round that played point guard in college and is still not old enough to buy alcohol legally and has never led an NBA team and has shown to be completely lost in every NBA game he has played in.

You want to start a "Start Patty" thread, I can kind of see that, but a bench Tony for Murray thread was dumb this summer, and its even dumber now that we've seen he's three seasons away from being a contributor in an NBA game.I'd say your reply falls right in line with stupidity!

cd98
12-15-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm not saying he should play a lot of minutes. I think Mills get the majority of minutes with Lapro getting some as well. But 10-15 minutes wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially if he is playing against backups too. I just feel that he would give us more than what Parker does. Defense alone proves this. It's like you've never seen Murray play in a real NBA game. He's a long way off.

palangi
12-15-2016, 02:52 PM
It's like you've never seen Murray play in a real NBA game. He's a long way off.very subjective. But I don't agree. I don't think parker us much more at this point either. So I say go with the future and the young kid

Cry Havoc
12-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm not saying he should play a lot of minutes. I think Mills get the majority of minutes with Lapro getting some as well. But 10-15 minutes wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially if he is playing against backups too. I just feel that he would give us more than what Parker does. Defense alone proves this.

I don't think you know what the word "proves" means.

Relax, dude. Watch the NBA a little bit before you say stuff like this - because anyone who's been watching a while is just going to chuckle at you and pat your head. You clearly have no idea how much damage a rookie with no feel for the game and no ball control vs NBA players can do. 10-15 bad minutes could lose us a vast majority of close games. The worst NBA backups are better than all but the 2-3 best players in college. The worst guy Murray sees on the court could/would start for any college team in the country and do a lot of damage as a starter.

palangi
12-15-2016, 03:00 PM
I don't think you know what the word "proves" means.

Relax, dude. Watch the NBA a little bit before you say stuff like this - because anyone who's been watching a while is just going to chuckle at you and pat your head. You clearly have no idea how much damage a rookie with no feel for the game and no ball control vs NBA players can do. 10-15 bad minutes could lose us a vast majority of close games. The worst NBA backups are better than all but the 2-3 best players in college. The worst guy Murray sees on the court could/would start for any college team in the country and do a lot of damage as a starter.I don't think you know what "proves" means. Because a fucking rock on the court is a better defender than Parker. Your defense of parker, as weak as it is, is better than parker's defense.
That proves it!

cd98
12-15-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't think you know what "proves" means. Because a fucking rock on the court is a better defender than Parker. Your defense of parker, as weak as it is, is better than parker's defense.
That proves it! Murray is not any better defender than Tony. Spurs have survived and thrived in a team defense despite Tony being a bad defender for years. Also, Murray can't shoot (He makes Parker look like Ray Allen) and he needs more muscle to finish in the lane in the NBA where he lacks any craftiness around the rim (a la Parker). Again, the idea of pushing a guy that is best served to play in the D League for the next two years into the starting line up or pushing Parker off the floor completely, who has had played steady on a team that is going through a lot of changes, makes no sense. You think Parker is bad, at least he knows the team defense scheme. Murray is light years behind and it is well-documented that it takes normal players the better part of a year to learn the Spurs team defense. For a rookie, that curve is even bigger (and we aren't losing any games because of Parker...in fact, we play better with him on the court).

cd98
12-15-2016, 03:52 PM
When the Spurs are not a top 5 team in the league (currently 2/3 and one game out of first), then you can start calling for radical changes, like benching our starting PG in favor of a rookie who's best games this year have been in the D-League.

palangi
12-15-2016, 03:58 PM
Murray is not any better defender than Tony. Spurs have survived and thrived in a team defense despite Tony being a bad defender for years. Also, Murray can't shoot (He makes Parker look like Ray Allen) and he needs more muscle to finish in the lane in the NBA where he lacks any craftiness around the rim (a la Parker). Again, the idea of pushing a guy that is best served to play in the D League for the next two years into the starting line up or pushing Parker off the floor completely, who has had played steady on a team that is going through a lot of changes, makes no sense. You think Parker is bad, at least he knows the team defense scheme. Murray is light years behind and it is well-documented that it takes normal players the better part of a year to learn the Spurs team defense. For a rookie, that curve is even bigger (and we aren't losing any games because of Parker...in fact, we play better with him on the court).why survive? and you are crazy and blind if you think tony and Dejounte are the same level of defender.
Not really worth going on with this conversation if you are this ignorant.

palangi
12-15-2016, 03:59 PM
When the Spurs are not a top 5 team in the league (currently 2/3 and one game out of first), then you can start calling for radical changes, like benching our starting PG in favor of a rookie who's best games this year have been in the D-League.Did anyone say bench tony for Murray? I think most have said to start Mills. But nice try being dramatic. But you are making shit up.

james evans
12-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Yes

cd98
12-15-2016, 05:05 PM
why survive? and you are crazy and blind if you think tony and Dejounte are the same level of defender.
Not really worth going on with this conversation if you are this ignorant. If you think Murray is a better defender than Parker, you have lost it. It shows either your lack of basketball knowledge or your blind hate for Parker. I'm not a Parker fan, but I'm smart enough to know that while he is a terrible individual defender, he knows how to play Spurs team defense. Murray is a terrible defender and he doesn't know the Spurs team defense. It's not that complicated. Plus, I've seen Murray in the limited minutes, and he sucks. He may get better, but for now, he is unwatchable against NBA talent in a regular season game. Note that Bertrans, who is so-so in NBA games is locked into the roster and a rotation player, but Murray, despite playing a position where Pop refuses to start Patty Mills and regularly gives Parker games off has picked a rookie, undrafted Argentine point guard over Murray. That tells you all you need to know. Before you start looking to supplant Parker, you may want to campaign for Murray to get out of the D-League and overtake the undrafted rookie that made the roster over him.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Dejounte Murray on 12/09/2016
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161209/ausscw/

Austin Toros lose to Santa Cruz.

Phil Pressey scored 31 points, Murray 10 on 2-19. He got 13 assists in the game and that is impressive but the opposing PG went off and Murray himself was very inefficient plus he couldn't stop taking shots in crunch time and bricking them all. He got 15 rebounds but 8 of them were offensive, that is not going to translate to the NBA. I hate to take digs at Murray bc he's 20 years old, and needs to work on his game. He's not ready yet. His line:

Dejounte:

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

2-19
1-4
5-6

Another Dijon game. This one on 12-10-16
Spurs get a beat down to the Los Angeles Defenders: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161210/auslad/

Dijon's line:

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

4-11
1-3
2-2

It's a team sport and I am sure he's not the only guy to blame for losses there... but he's responsible for his own shot selection and efficiency as well as not TO the ball.

palangi
12-15-2016, 05:11 PM
If you think Murray is a better defender than Parker, you have lost it. It shows either your lack of basketball knowledge or your blind hate for Parker. I'm not a Parker fan, but I'm smart enough to know that while he is a terrible individual defender, he knows how to play Spurs team defense. Murray is a terrible defender and he doesn't know the Spurs team defense. It's not that complicated. Plus, I've seen Murray in the limited minutes, and he sucks. He may get better, but for now, he is unwatchable against NBA talent in a regular season game. Note that Bertrans, who is so-so in NBA games is locked into the roster and a rotation player, but Murray, despite playing a position where Pop refuses to start Patty Mills and regularly gives Parker games off has picked a rookie, undrafted Argentine point guard over Murray. That tells you all you need to know. Before you start looking to supplant Parker, you may want to campaign for Murray to get out of the D-League and overtake the undrafted rookie that made the roster over him.No I am just willing to look past the past. Unlike you. It's ok to play the rookie for 10 minutes and build him up. we aren't relying on him.
Your basketball knowledge is afraid to move forward so stick back in the past. we all will move on past you.

palangi
12-15-2016, 05:12 PM
YesNO

palangi
12-15-2016, 05:14 PM
Dejounte Murray on 12/09/2016
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161209/ausscw/

Austin Toros lose to Santa Cruz.

Phil Pressey scored 31 points, Murray 10 on 2-19. He got 13 assists in the game and that is impressive but the opposing PG went off and Murray himself was very inefficient plus he couldn't stop taking shots in crunch time and bricking them all. He got 15 rebounds but 8 of them were offensive, that is not going to translate to the NBA. I hate to take digs at Murray bc he's 20 years old, and needs to work on his game. He's not ready yet. His line:

Dejounte:

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

2-19
1-4
5-6

Another Dijon game. This one on 12-10-16
Spurs get a beat down to the Los Angeles Defenders: http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161210/auslad/

Dijon's line:

MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
+/-
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
PF
STL
TO
BS
BA
PTS

4-11
1-3
2-2

It's a team sport and I am sure he's not the only guy to blame for losses there... but he's responsible for his own shot selection and efficiency as well as not TO the ball.You can't judge him fully on this. You don't know what Pop has him working on personally. You said the same shit about anderson, yet now don't want to acknowledge this. funny though to see you try to down play 13 assists.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 05:20 PM
You can't judge him fully on this. You don't know what Pop has him working on personally. You said the same shit about anderson, yet now don't want to acknowledge this. funny though to see you try to down play 13 assists.
That is why I said I didn't like to point this out. For example, Anderson worked in post ups in the dleague, something they don't use in this Spurs and he did so in the summer league as well.

The only reason i pointed it out is that Dijon's inefficiency and bad shot selection shows he needs work on his game. He's not ready right now. I prefer he play in the dleague with freedom and gets to learn from mistakes and improve than the bench in the NBA at this point. He just has a lot to work on and probably until he becomes more efficient he won't be able to command the ball. Let's just leave it at that. He's just 20 and needs a lot of work on his game right now.

palangi
12-15-2016, 05:23 PM
That is why I said I didn't like to point this out. For example, Anderson worked in post ups in the dleague, something they don't use in this Spurs and he did so in the summer league as well.

The only reason i pointed it out is that Dijon's inefficiency and bad shot selection shows he needs work on his game. He's not ready right now. I prefer he play in the dleague with freedom and gets to learn from mistakes and improve than the bench in the NBA at this point. He just has a lot to work on and probably until he becomes more efficient he won't be able to command the ball. Let's just leave it at that. He's just 20 and needs a lot of work on his game right now.So if you don't like it don't do it. It pushes a narrative you don't fully believe in. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but...."

Think about it.

I doubt he is chucking in the NBA like he does sometimes in the NBDL. So much narrow mindedness here.

SAGirl
12-15-2016, 05:25 PM
So if you don't like it don't do it. It pushes a narrative you don't fully believe in. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but...."

Think about it.

I doubt he is chucking in the NBA like he does sometimes in the NBDL. So much narrow mindedness here.
It contributes to the conversation. It's not up for debate the dude isn't ready if he's not shooting well. At least to be a PG and have the ball. Could you play him off the ball? Maybe but he can't shoot. He's in a bind.

palangi
12-15-2016, 05:27 PM
It contributes to the conversation. It's not up for debate the dude isn't ready.That is your opinion. And I am sure there are many with the same opinion. Obviously Pops as well. But Pop also had a different opinion on Bonner than most too. Doesn't mean he is always right.
My opinion is that at this moment we don't really lose much playing Murray as the back up PG as to Parker as the starter. And we develop the future right now with the team.

Mills, Murray, Lapro > Parker, Mills, Lapro

KL2
12-15-2016, 05:47 PM
It's a struggle watching the Spurs, should've moved from parker years ago just bad

Joseph Kony
12-15-2016, 05:50 PM
:lmao @ giving Murray more minutes, dude got assraped by seth fuckin curry :lol

Murray needs to stay in Austin. Lapro is not adjusted to the US game and he isn't that great to begin with. Mills is a small SG and not capable of being a starting PG most likely. spurs rely on Parker because they have to, we all know he sucks, but based on our current roster construction and assets, not much else we can do til his contract expires. Giving Murray minutes is not the answer

palangi
12-15-2016, 06:13 PM

Murray needs to stay in Austin. Lapro is not adjusted to the US game and he isn't that great to begin with. Mills is a small SG and not capable of being a starting PG most likely. spurs rely on Parker because they have to, we all know he sucks, but based on our current roster construction and assets, not much else we can do til his contract expires. Giving Murray minutes is not the answera lot of false opinion here.

DPG21920
12-15-2016, 06:23 PM
lol, Manu of course

Whatever. You look bloaded. chode overloaded.

Splits
12-15-2016, 06:29 PM
a lot of false opinion here.

I don't know who you are, but I know enough to say you're a GNSF faggot with horrible takes.

Kill yourself.

palangi
12-15-2016, 06:32 PM
I don't know who you are, but I know enough to say you're a GNSF faggot with horrible takes.

Kill yourself.the board homo has a response!! congrats

Benoit
12-15-2016, 06:40 PM
the board homo has a response!! congrats

LMAO!

hahaha

TheGreatYacht
12-15-2016, 07:18 PM

Kill yourself.
He's a Lapro fan. He's already dead

palangi
12-15-2016, 07:19 PM
He's a Lapro fan. He's already deadI found splits boy toy!! board homo's together!!

Splits
12-15-2016, 07:23 PM
He's a Lapro fan. He's already dead

Bold this man

Splits
12-15-2016, 07:24 PM
I found splits boy toy!! board homo's together!!

homo's?

Guess you didn't pass 3rd grade english and are most likely an Argie fuckboi

TheGreatYacht
12-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Bold this man
Real.

http://static.yourtango.com/cdn/farfuture/5cp19PQUOpuO1E8XwxDPRsoFiC_-nkOiFQ2xmyEoofo/mtime:1424381501/sites/default/files/image_list/200-1_2.gif

palangi
12-15-2016, 07:47 PM
homo's?

Guess you didn't pass 3rd grade english and are most likely an Argie fuckboisuck his dick!!! suck his dick!!! Board homos together again. I got two sword fighters attacking me!!

cd98
12-15-2016, 08:29 PM
No I am just willing to look past the past. Unlike you. It's ok to play the rookie for 10 minutes and build him up. we aren't relying on him.
Your basketball knowledge is afraid to move forward so stick back in the past. we all will move on past you.

Sorry but Murray wasn't good enough for that 3rd guard. It went to our undrafted rookie point guard that Murray wasn't good enough to beat out for a roster spot. I'm not looking at the past, I'm looking at the present, as in win now, and Murray is not good enough to play in the NBA, and Parker is.

gambit1990
12-16-2016, 02:00 AM
parker isn't going to get better.

he is what he is.

SASdynasty!
12-16-2016, 07:32 AM
We've won 81% of our games overall (even more when Tony plays). Everyone asked for him to take a backseat, so he did. If you want him to keep giving you 15/7, all Pop needs to do is take his minutes back up.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Whatever. You look bloaded. chode overloaded.

Not that I agree with Manu or Parker hate either way. But Manu been vilified on here plenty as well.

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 09:15 AM

Kill yourself.
:tu

palangi
12-16-2016, 10:41 AM
:tu

A 3rd member of the go group. You ain't so bad! And I can tell your a taker in the relationship.

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 11:35 AM
A 3rd member of the go group. You ain't so bad! And I can tell your a taker in the relationship.lol asshurt faggot

duncan2k5
12-16-2016, 11:59 AM

huh?? my point is parker needs to be transitioned out starting NOW...we are still running the offense through him when he is on the court, and it is very one dimensional...no one is calling for murray to be the starter

duncan2k5
12-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Yeah, he's totally devastated the team with his performance this year. With him starting, we're 14-3 this year and without him we're 6-2.

HES DESTROYING THE SPURS YOU GUYS. GUYS. YOU GUYS. PAY ATTENTION TO ME. WE'RE ONLY ON A 68 GAME WIN PACE WITH HIM STARTING.

spurs are winning in spite of parker...NOT because of him...if you guys keep this line of thinking up, you are in for a disappointing post season...you need to learn to understand when someone is better off on the bench, or elsewhere...we need to make those moves by the trade deadline...bring in someone else and bench parker, or lose miserably in the playoffs again...team over ego

cd98
12-16-2016, 12:24 PM
huh?? my point is parker needs to be transitioned out starting NOW...we are still running the offense through him when he is on the court, and it is very one dimensional...no one is calling for murray to be the starter I'm apparently watching a different game. The offense doesn't run through Parker. At most, he runs a pick and roll every so often with Gasol or Aldridge, but he's certainly not running the entire offense. Four other Spurs took more shots than him last night and one took one less shot than he did. He's not the Parker of 5 years ago, where his role was to attack the rim and look to score or draw defenders to create for others. Now he runs the pick and roll with the goal of getting Aldridge or Gasol an elbow jumper. I'm not trying to advocate for Parker, but the hate is irrational. He's playing the right amount of minutes and while he is in decline, he is better and more things that a point guard does than any of the other guards on the roster. Pop is using him exactly as he should and we shouldn't give any of his minutes to Murray. Patty is playing the right amount of minutes and Lapro should get minutes when Parker sits and spell Parker for only a few minutes when Parker plays. Murray shouldn't touch the court this year. Let's see him dominate in the D-League before we feed him to the NBA sharks. He's not ready and it has been painful every time he plays. Giving him more minutes in the NBA won't make him better. Late first round draft picks are fringe NBA players and many don't last in the league well beyond their rookie contracts. Murray may bust, but if he makes it, it's going to be because he played heavy minutes in the D-League his first two years, not because we benched Parker to play a guy that doesn't deserve minutes. But in a way I hope we do. The people bagging on Parker would never publicly admit it, but inside they'd be begging for him to get minutes (that is, if they care about the Spurs winning instead of "being right").

Brazil
12-16-2016, 12:41 PM
:lol old ST posters

100%duncan
12-16-2016, 02:33 PM

This guy actually makes sense (I disagree about murray) but faggots still have the urge to look at the record that is one, meaningless look at last year, and two, an illusion since we are beating shit teams in crunch time :lol

You sensitive faggots are so fucking corny. One legitimate concern and all you can think of is an inflated record

100%duncan
12-16-2016, 02:38 PM
spurs are winning in spite of parker...NOT because of him...if you guys keep this line of thinking up, you are in for a disappointing post season...you need to learn to understand when someone is better off on the bench, or elsewhere...we need to make those moves by the trade deadline...bring in someone else and bench parker, or lose miserably in the playoffs again...team over ego
Boom.

Bbbbut our 81 win percentage against the likes of the suns lakers and charlotte gaiz!!!!

cd98
12-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I love how these "smart" posters have this great idea to jettison Parker with no real plan for his replacement. The especially dumb ones take the Murray angle. That dude has been a flop so far against NBA talent (and D-League talent for that matter). Sure, if he keeps playing in the D-League for a few years, he might get good enough to play in the NBA, but any notion that he can come in and take any minutes from Parker are beyond laughable. Any suggestion that he should get minutes on an NBA team with title aspirations is pure nonsense.

So the jettison Parker brigade then must decide, is it Lapro, Mills, a trade, or an unsigned free agent. Lapro is feisty, but he is incapable of being half of what Parker is right now. So if he isn't better than Parker (and he's not), why would you play him? Do Parker haters really think their odds in the playoffs improve if Lapro is their starting point guard? (or, lol Murray). So any serious basketball fan knows Lapro is a stop gap and not suitable to replace Parker.

So Patty? Well, Pop likes Patty as a change of pace guy. He's more of a 2 than a 1, but he could play point guard. He's probably a marginal improvement on defense in that he has more foot speed (but he'll still get posted up just like Parker). And just like we pat Parker on the back after he has a good game, we do the same for Patty, who is as likely to go 1-12 on the road and stink up in the playoffs like he did last year against the Thunder. Is he the answer? I'll put it to you this way, Spurs aren't paying him full-time PG starter money. He's not that good. He's a good change of pace player and he can shoot the three and spread defenses and even apply ball pressure in the backcourt, but he's not someone that Pop feels comfortable playing 30 minutes a game for 82 games for a reason. You can argue Mills should get more minutes, and you may have a point, but you can't argue that he should play all of Parker's minutes. But Mills is as close as you can get to duplicate Parker skills. Lapro and Murray are not there.

So if you want to park Parker on the bench and never have him play, or have him play 10-15 minutes a game, what is your plan? Who is going to trade us a PG that is better than Parker and not want Kawhi in return?

dabom
12-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Let's just get this straight for ya faggots. Patty was cash in 2014 finals and 2015 clips series. Playing with garbage players such as Diaw fathead dworst old man manu he didn't play well. He was better than porker though in all totality. And now he played more international ball, contract year, and he is the second best player so far even if he has an average game now and then. He is a WAY BETTER FIT FOR THE STARTING UNIT. Any cucks that say otherwise are faggots tbh. :lmao

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 03:23 PM
when you are surprised by your starting point guard making shots, being effective, and playing decent defense, it is time to make a change...we are at the point where we just allow tony to go through the motions...drible dribble dribble...pick and pop with the big, and pass to them for a jumper... He doesn't drive in the lane and break down the defense, he doesn't shoot well...he can't even take advantage of a mismatched big because he lacks speed...not to mention his refusal to allow kawhi to do his thing unless he needs to be bailed out...it is time to start giving Murray some minutes...he needs to be the third pg off the bench...he is a game changer

A great premise followed by a dreadful conclusion! You're lowering the other foot for Murray? You could've went for Mills, The Argentian Curry or even the past prime Manu and you go for that scrub Murray, who hasn't even shown us he's even the next Fathead yet? :lmao

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 03:29 PM
This guy actually makes sense (I disagree about murray) but faggots still have the urge to look at the record that is one, meaningless look at last year, and two, an illusion since we are beating shit teams in crunch time :lol

You sensitive faggots are so fucking corny. One legitimate concern and all you can think of is an inflated recordthis. spurs will always have a good record. even recently spurs had 3 60 win season in which they never even made the conference Finals :lol lol at pointing at the record as proof of anything, just proves that the NBA in general is weak atm

palangi
12-16-2016, 04:36 PM
lol asshurt faggot

Definitely as the taker that would be your ass that hurts. Board homo.

palangi
12-16-2016, 04:40 PM
I love how these "smart" posters have this great idea to jettison Parker with no real plan for his replacement. The especially dumb ones take the Murray angle. That dude has been a flop so far against NBA talent (and D-League talent for that matter). Sure, if he keeps playing in the D-League for a few years, he might get good enough to play in the NBA, but any notion that he can come in and take any minutes from Parker are beyond laughable. Any suggestion that he should get minutes on an NBA team with title aspirations is pure nonsense.

So the jettison Parker brigade then must decide, is it Lapro, Mills, a trade, or an unsigned free agent. Lapro is feisty, but he is incapable of being half of what Parker is right now. So if he isn't better than Parker (and he's not), why would you play him? Do Parker haters really think their odds in the playoffs improve if Lapro is their starting point guard? (or, lol Murray). So any serious basketball fan knows Lapro is a stop gap and not suitable to replace Parker.

So Patty? Well, Pop likes Patty as a change of pace guy. He's more of a 2 than a 1, but he could play point guard. He's probably a marginal improvement on defense in that he has more foot speed (but he'll still get posted up just like Parker). And just like we pat Parker on the back after he has a good game, we do the same for Patty, who is as likely to go 1-12 on the road and stink up in the playoffs like he did last year against the Thunder. Is he the answer? I'll put it to you this way, Spurs aren't paying him full-time PG starter money. He's not that good. He's a good change of pace player and he can shoot the three and spread defenses and even apply ball pressure in the backcourt, but he's not someone that Pop feels comfortable playing 30 minutes a game for 82 games for a reason. You can argue Mills should get more minutes, and you may have a point, but you can't argue that he should play all of Parker's minutes. But Mills is as close as you can get to duplicate Parker skills. Lapro and Murray are not there.

So if you want to park Parker on the bench and never have him play, or have him play 10-15 minutes a game, what is your plan? Who is going to trade us a PG that is better than Parker and not want Kawhi in return?

A flop? Someone is over dramatizing to make a point.

palangi
12-16-2016, 04:43 PM
A great premise followed by a dreadful conclusion! You're lowering the other foot for Murray? You could've went for Mills, The Argentian Curry or even the past prime Manu and you go for that scrub Murray, who hasn't even shown us he's even the next Fathead yet? :lmao

So afraid to play rookies. Coward

Robz4000
12-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Parker for Lebron. Who says no?

dabom
12-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Parker for Lebron. Who says no?

Lebron can be our pg. Legit.

cd98
12-16-2016, 05:04 PM
this. spurs will always have a good record. even recently spurs had 3 60 win season in which they never even made the conference Finals :lol lol at pointing at the record as proof of anything, just proves that the NBA in general is weak atm

So you think Murray, who is struggling in the D League is going to change our playoff fortunes? Or Lapro? You think those guys can stop Curry or Paul or Lillard or Westbrook? If so you are a lost cause. If you think more Patty would've changed the Thunder series, you can't be saved from reality. Parker is a declining star. He's not the guy who finished top 5 in MVP voting, but in his reduced role, he is the best the Spurs have with a combo of Mills. If there was a better option Pop would be doing it. He's a little smarter about basketball then those who want to bench Parker just to "do something different."

cd98
12-16-2016, 05:06 PM

Considering his D-League performance, it's not coward, its intelligence. Stupidity is thinking the guy who couldn't beat out the undrafted rookie for a spot on the roster is the answer.

dabom
12-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Porker the worst ever fucking player I have ever seen in a series in the clips series. Thinking Pop is the gospel. :lmao

cd98
12-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Porker the worst ever fucking player I have ever seen in a series in the clips series. Thinking Pop is the gospel. :lmao

Im sure you think Murray or Lapro would've been better.

dabom
12-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Im sure you think Murray or Lapro would've been better.

I don't. But patty needs to start you lil bitch. :lmao

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 05:11 PM
i am a massive faggotdo tell

Joseph Kony
12-16-2016, 05:13 PM
So you think Murray, who is struggling in the D League is going to change our playoff fortunes? Or Lapro? You think those guys can stop Curry or Paul or Lillard or Westbrook? If so you are a lost cause. If you think more Patty would've changed the Thunder series, you can't be saved from reality. Parker is a declining star. He's not the guy who finished top 5 in MVP voting, but in his reduced role, he is the best the Spurs have with a combo of Mills. If there was a better option Pop would be doing it. He's a little smarter about basketball then those who want to bench Parker just to "do something different."where did i say any of that tbh? do you read any of the posts in this thread?

Murray needs to stay in Austin. Lapro is not adjusted to the US game and he isn't that great to begin with. Mills is a small SG and not capable of being a starting PG most likely. spurs rely on Parker because they have to, we all know he sucks, but based on our current roster construction and assets, not much else we can do til his contract expires. Giving Murray minutes is not the answer

cd98
12-16-2016, 05:14 PM
I don't. But patty needs to start you lil bitch. :lmao

Who starts matters little. Mills and Parker will play similar minutes regardless and who starts won't change the outcome of the playoffs.

palangi
12-16-2016, 05:31 PM
So you think Murray, who is struggling in the D League is going to change our playoff fortunes? Or Lapro? You think those guys can stop Curry or Paul or Lillard or Westbrook? If so you are a lost cause. If you think more Patty would've changed the Thunder series, you can't be saved from reality. Parker is a declining star. He's not the guy who finished top 5 in MVP voting, but in his reduced role, he is the best the Spurs have with a combo of Mills. If there was a better option Pop would be doing it. He's a little smarter about basketball then those who want to bench Parker just to "do something different."

So you're saying parker can stop those guys

palangi
12-16-2016, 05:32 PM
do tell

Your ass hole is massive

dabom
12-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Who starts matters little. Mills and Parker will play similar minutes regardless and who starts won't change the outcome of the playoffs.

It actually does for starting and closing purposes you stupid fuck. Not this bullshit minutes cycle they got going right now. :lmao

palangi
12-16-2016, 05:35 PM

You keep saying that he is struggling. I don't think you really know.

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161215/ausiwa/

Just so everyone knows this is struggling 17 ppg 8 rpg 8apg

palangi
12-16-2016, 06:03 PM
It actually does for starting and closing purposes you stupid fuck. Not this bullshit minutes cycle they got going right now. :lmao

I guess this guy likes slow starts. Because it doesn't matter.....

As long as his boy Parker doesn't get his feeling hurt he doesn't care if the rest of the team has to bail his boy out every night.

dabom
12-16-2016, 06:09 PM
I guess this guy likes slow starts. Because it doesn't matter.....

As long as his boy Parker doesn't get his feeling hurt he doesn't care if the rest of the team has to bail his boy out every night.

Role players play better/ less pressure being up. Everyone rushes and it creates a bigger deficit. I'm sick and tired of it already. :lol

Play your best players vs their best players. End of discussion. :lol

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 06:20 PM

Playing rookies and replacing them for adequate if not great, serviceable, HOF vets in the starting line-up are two different things, dumbfuck.

palangi
12-16-2016, 06:22 PM
So you think Murray, who is struggling in the D League is going to change our playoff fortunes? Or Lapro? You think those guys can stop Curry or Paul or Lillard or Westbrook? If so you are a lost cause. If you think more Patty would've changed the Thunder series, you can't be saved from reality. Parker is a declining star. He's not the guy who finished top 5 in MVP voting, but in his reduced role, he is the best the Spurs have with a combo of Mills. If there was a better option Pop would be doing it. He's a little smarter about basketball then those who want to bench Parker just to "do something different."Just for reference since this jack ass and others want to push the narrative that Murray is struggling and getting raped in the Dleague. I already showed that he is almost averaging a triple double at 17ppg 8rpb 8apg. But he was also out scoring Davis Bertans.
Bertans was averaging 16 ppg to Murray 17.1ppg.
Bertans was averaging .5 orpg and 4.0 rpg as compared to Murray at 2.1orpg and 8.0rpg. 4 more rebounds a game for Murray.
Bertans was averaging 2.0 apg to Murray 7.9apg.
maybe Murray isn't struggling as bad as the Parker brigade is making it out to be.

palangi
12-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Playing rookies and replacing them for adequate if not great, serviceable, HOF vets in the starting line-up are two different things, dumbfuck.What rookie is being pushed to start? dumb fucker!! try reading and understanding before joining an adult conversation.

Spurtacular
12-16-2016, 06:29 PM
What rookie is being pushed to start? dumb fucker!! try reading and understanding before joining an adult conversation.

Maybe if you didn't jump into someone else conversation you'd know, Mr. "Adult". You're as much a dumbfuck as you were last post.

palangi
12-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Maybe if you didn't jump into someone else conversation you'd know, Mr. "Adult". You're as much a dumbfuck as you were last post.still nobody has said to start Murray. But please make up shit in your tiny head so you can call people names. Maybe if you weren't crosseyed from watching the penis go in your mouth!

cd98
12-16-2016, 07:17 PM
It actually does for starting and closing purposes you stupid fuck. Not this bullshit minutes cycle they got going right now. :lmao Um Manu didn't start, but he finished every game in his prime. I wonder why I argue with dumbasses. But I'm sure you'll comeback with an F bomb and no substance per usual.

Bender
12-16-2016, 07:36 PM
murray can barely bring the ball upcourt in an NBA game

palangi
12-16-2016, 08:03 PM
murray can barely bring the ball upcourt in an NBA gameBarely/ serously? Why do you guys over exaggerate so much? Can you not make a point with out lying? Is the IQ really that low here?

palangi
12-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Um Manu didn't start, but he finished every game in his prime. I wonder why I argue with dumbasses. But I'm sure you'll comeback with an F bomb and no substance per usual.It's better than making shit up to be right only to be proven you were the dumbass!:lol

cd98
12-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Just for reference since this jack ass and others want to push the narrative that Murray is struggling and getting raped in the Dleague. I already showed that he is almost averaging a triple double at 17ppg 8rpb 8apg. But he was also out scoring Davis H
Bertans was averaging 16 ppg to Murray 17.1ppg.
Bertans was averaging .5 orpg and 4.0 rpg as compared to Murray at 2.1orpg and 8.0rpg. 4 more rebounds a game for Murray.
Bertans was averaging 2.0 apg to Murray 7.9apg.
maybe Murray isn't struggling as bad as the Parker brigade is making it out to be.

Can't just cherry pick games, he's had some bad ones with turnovers and bad shot selection. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the D League....I'm saying that's exactly where he belongs. And Parker should head up the PG position for the Spurs. Murray got a shot at NBA minutes and flopped. Hence Lapro is on the roster and Murray is not. Bertrans played well enough against NBA competition to make the roster, Murray did not. I'm not saying that Parker is the answer for the next 4 years. He's what we got for this year...presently he's what we got and Lapro and Murray are not near good enough to overtake him. And Murray needs at least 2 years of D League play. He's not good enough to play 20 minutes a night in the NBA for a team that has championship aspirations. Only teams that are tanking would start a PG in that situation. Just chill on the Bench Parker movement. At some point the Spurs will have a PG that can replace him, but they don't right now.

Bender
12-16-2016, 08:09 PM
regarding Murray - well, I'm not sure because of the few minutes he's even played... but from what I remember... when he's under any pressure bringing the ball up, I was surprised if he even could make it and still have the ball

cd98
12-16-2016, 08:11 PM
It's better than making shit up to be right only to be proven you were the dumbass!:lol

Im not making anything up. Murray has had bad games in the D League and he's not had a good one in the NBA. I wish he was good enough but right now he's not. And When he finally starts having D League success that still doesn't mean it will translate. Ask Jimmer or KA.

palangi
12-16-2016, 09:06 PM
Can't just cherry pick games, he's had some bad ones with turnovers and bad shot selection. I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the D League....I'm saying that's exactly where he belongs. And Parker should head up the PG position for the Spurs. Murray got a shot at NBA minutes and flopped. Hence Lapro is on the roster and Murray is not. Bertrans played well enough against NBA competition to make the roster, Murray did not. I'm not saying that Parker is the answer for the next 4 years. He's what we got for this year...presently he's what we got and Lapro and Murray are not near good enough to overtake him. And Murray needs at least 2 years of D League play. He's not good enough to play 20 minutes a night in the NBA for a team that has championship aspirations. Only teams that are tanking would start a PG in that situation. Just chill on the Bench Parker movement. At some point the Spurs will have a PG that can replace him, but they don't right now.That's not cherry picking. That is their D league stats. You are dumb Holy Hell!!!!!

palangi
12-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Im not making anything up. Murray has had bad games in the D League and he's not had a good one in the NBA. I wish he was good enough but right now he's not. And When he finally starts having D League success that still doesn't mean it will translate. Ask Jimmer or KA.You are a funny man!! Keep moving the basket because you got called out for being a dumb ass and proven wrong! He has had good D league games. he is still developing. You want to bash his NBA games. But he is playing like 5 minutes of end of the game trash ball. You might seriously be the most oblivious fan ever.

100%duncan
12-16-2016, 09:14 PM
But the record!!! :cry

Same faggots who cried foul when Parker was criticized the past 3 seasons and post-seasons. See, it doesn’t matter with you who is up for “replacement.” It’s not with murray. You shat on Mills, you shat on Joseph, and some of you even shat on Manu before when he was pretty much the 2nd unit’s pg. You now shit on Murray, and yes deservedly so, but stop acting like Murray matters because all you want to do is defend a PG that doesn’t really offer much anymore and all you can think of is a fucking record :lol

palangi
12-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Why deservedly so? Because he is almost averaging a triple double in the NBDL? I guess that is bad. Nobody is saying that he is an all star. But some believe why not give the young kid the opportunity? It's not like Tony is the bestest out there. I just think defensively Murray is better than Tony. So he brings that quality right now. And he could really develop by the end of the year.

But the record!!! :cry

Same faggots who cried foul when Parker was criticized the past 3 seasons and post-seasons. See, it doesn’t matter with you who is up for “replacement.” It’s not with murray. You shat on Mills, you shat on Joseph, and some of you even shat on Manu before when he was pretty much the 2nd unit’s pg. You now shit on Murray, and yes deservedly so, but stop acting like Murray matters because all you want to do is defend a PG that doesn’t really offer much anymore and all you can think of is a fucking record :lol

100%duncan
12-16-2016, 09:39 PM
Why deservedly so? Because he is almost averaging a triple double in the NBDL? I guess that is bad. Nobody is saying that he is an all star. But some believe why not give the young kid the opportunity? It's not like Tony is the bestest out there. I just think defensively Murray is better than Tony. So he brings that quality right now. And he could really develop by the end of the year.

My criticisms of Parker, Aldridge and Gasol have been based on one thing and that is that I want the Spurs to win now. And I think, basing on their offseason moves, the FO and Pop has the same plan. IMO, Murray is not ready to help the spurs on their win-now mentality and he’s not going to make the spurs better by taking a substantial minutes off of parker.

palangi
12-16-2016, 10:02 PM
My criticisms of Parker, Aldridge and Gasol have been based on one thing and that is that I want the Spurs to win now. And I think, basing on their offseason moves, the FO and Pop has the same plan. IMO, Murray is not ready to help the spurs on their win-now mentality and he’s not going to make the spurs better by taking a substantial minutes off of parker.

I disagree. But I understand. Fair enough.

cd98
12-16-2016, 10:35 PM
You are a funny man!! Keep moving the basket because you got called out for being a dumb ass and proven wrong! He has had good D league games. he is still developing. You want to bash his NBA games. But he is playing like 5 minutes of end of the game trash ball. You might seriously be the most oblivious fan ever.

No, I'm prepared to talk about his stellar career in the D League. He had 7 turnovers tonight against Sioux Falls. How many will he have against NBA competition? Is 7 turnovers good? Or a per of -18 in the D League? How about shooting 5-16? Is shooting 43% against D League competition good? The reality is that it would be easy to go through each game and point out his flaws, but some you'll still act like he's NBA ready. It's obvious Pop sees he's not ready, hence Lapro is on the team and Murray isn't. I'm sure I could find a bunch of similar stats, but why am I going to waste time looking at meaningless D League stats. Hell Jimmer put up better D League stats and he's in China. Either you're related to Murray or you are a dumbass.

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:01 AM
No, I'm prepared to talk about his stellar career in the D League. He had 7 turnovers tonight against Sioux Falls. How many will he have against NBA competition? Is 7 turnovers good? Or a per of -18 in the D League? How about shooting 5-16? Is shooting 43% against D League competition good? The reality is that it would be easy to go through each game and point out his flaws, but some you'll still act like he's NBA ready. It's obvious Pop sees he's not ready, hence Lapro is on the team and Murray isn't. I'm sure I could find a bunch of similar stats, but why am I going to waste time looking at meaningless D League stats. Hell Jimmer put up better D League stats and he's in China. Either you're related to Murray or you are a dumbass.

I'd say almost averaging a triple double isn't sucking as either. And I'm not saying he needs to be a30 minute a night guy. But 10-15 would be fine. It's unfortunate you can't see what I'm saying because you went on the parker defense right away.

But please keep moving the basket around. Because you don't know sit.

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:03 AM

Funny you want tokeep comparing him to jimmer. Jimmer doesn't have an elite physical quality to be an nba player. Murray has athleticism and length. Should we compare Tony to Westbrook right now? Tony sucks he can't average a triple double like Westbrook. See how stupid you sound and look.

cd98
12-17-2016, 12:15 AM
I'd say almost averaging a triple double isn't sucking as either. And I'm not saying he needs to be a30 minute a night guy. But 10-15 would be fine. It's unfortunate you can't see what I'm saying because you went on the parker defense right away.

But please keep moving the basket around. Because you don't know sit.

Lapro has earned those minutes. Murray has to earn those from Lapro and he hasn't. Hence, he's in the D League.

cd98
12-17-2016, 12:20 AM
Funny you want tokeep comparing him to jimmer. Jimmer doesn't have an elite physical quality to be an nba player. Murray has athleticism and length. Should we compare Tony to Westbrook right now? Tony sucks he can't average a triple double like Westbrook. See how stupid you sound and look.

You are the one touting a guy with 7 TO in a D League game as deserving minutes over Parker. He hasn't even earned them over Lapro. Jimmer has a much better jumper than Murray and while Murray may jump higher and be longer, that doesn't make him an NBA player. You could say that Murray is taller and more athletic than Steve Nash, but what does it matter in a league full of athletes? You need skill and smarts, two things that Murray has on a D League level.

palangi
12-17-2016, 01:44 AM
You are the one touting a guy with 7 TO in a D League game as deserving minutes over Parker. He hasn't even earned them over Lapro. Jimmer has a much better jumper than Murray and while Murray may jump higher and be longer, that doesn't make him an NBA player. You could say that Murray is taller and more athletic than Steve Nash, but what does it matter in a league full of athletes? You need skill and smarts, two things that Murray has on a D League level.and you're the one touting a washed guy. But hey sentimental, let's keep playing him because you are afraid to move on. Little bitch.

palangi
12-17-2016, 01:50 AM
You are the one touting a guy with 7 TO in a D League game as deserving minutes over Parker. He hasn't even earned them over Lapro. Jimmer has a much better jumper than Murray and while Murray may jump higher and be longer, that doesn't make him an NBA player. You could say that Murray is taller and more athletic than Steve Nash, but what does it matter in a league full of athletes? You need skill and smarts, two things that Murray has on a D League level.shit in Tony second year in the league he had 2 games of 7 turnovers. And had quite a few 6 and 5 turnover games. I guess his career doesn't count anymore. You dumb fuck.

cd98
12-17-2016, 07:02 AM
and you're the one touting a washed guy. But hey sentimental, let's keep playing him because you are afraid to move on. Little bitch.

Wrong. I say keep playing Parker bc at this point he gives us our best chance to continue winning. I'm not sentimental about Parker. I'm more than willing to admit he's in decline. But even in decline, he's worlds better than Murray. Say what you want, but people smarter and more informed than both of us have Murray in the D League and Parker in the NBA (and Lapro in the NBA). Parker and Murray are so far apart, you really have no coherent argument for even taking 10 min from Parker's playing time to give to Murray. You should be arguing that Murray should replace Lapro on the roster. That's who Murray should beat out, but he hasn't.

cd98
12-17-2016, 07:02 AM
shit in Tony second year in the league he had 2 games of 7 turnovers. And had quite a few 6 and 5 turnover games. I guess his career doesn't count anymore. You dumb fuck.

NBA vs D League. Bet Parker wouldn't have 7 turnovers in a D League game.

palangi
12-17-2016, 11:16 AM
NBA vs D League. Bet Parker wouldn't have 7 turnovers in a D League game.
There is no easy to know as there wasn't a D league ball then. But toy was turnover prone early on. You can't deny that. But I'm sure you will

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Boom.

Bbbbut our 81 win percentage against the likes of the suns lakers and charlotte gaiz!!!!
Oh and beating the Warriors by 29 in their building with Parker running point.

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Let's just get this straight for ya faggots. Patty was cash in 2014 finals and 2015 clips series. Playing with garbage players such as Diaw fathead dworst old man manu he didn't play well. He was better than porker though in all totality. And now he played more international ball, contract year, and he is the second best player so far even if he has an average game now and then. He is a WAY BETTER FIT FOR THE STARTING UNIT. Any cucks that say otherwise are faggots tbh. :lmao
Patty was "cash" in the 2014 Finals:

Parker: 18/5
Mills: 10/2

Lol.

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 12:11 PM
There is no easy to know as there wasn't a D league ball then. But toy was turnover prone early on. You can't deny that. But I'm sure you will
Tony's most turnovers ever: 3 per game
Westbrook this season: 6 per game

When I think of turnover-prone, I don't think of Parker. He's been one of the best ball-handlers of his generation.

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Wrong. I say keep playing Parker bc at this point he gives us our best chance to continue winning. I'm not sentimental about Parker. I'm more than willing to admit he's in decline. But even in decline, he's worlds better than Murray. Say what you want, but people smarter and more informed than both of us have Murray in the D League and Parker in the NBA (and Lapro in the NBA). Parker and Murray are so far apart, you really have no coherent argument for even taking 10 min from Parker's playing time to give to Murray. You should be arguing that Murray should replace Lapro on the roster. That's who Murray should beat out, but he hasn't.
We're not the ones having to prove our point when one of the best coaches of all time and the best front office of all time agrees with us by their actions.

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Tony's most turnovers ever: 3 per game
Westbrook this season: 6 per game

When I think of turnover-prone, I don't think of Parker. He's been one of the best ball-handlers of his generation.
Parker was extremely turnover prone his first 2 years. Please try to deny this. Please o please.
In his 5th year the amazing Tony average 3.1 turnovers a game. That's a great ball handler?
Hell he is averaging 2 a game this year in limited minutes.

He is a 5.9 assist to 2.4 turnover for his career. Amazing.

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:39 PM
We're not the ones having to prove our point when one of the best coaches of all time and the best front office of all time agrees with us by their actions.

Yeah because they've never made bad decisions? Ever! How about our turd towers. David west? The Bonner love affair. And you know there is more. But please be a blind sheep. Don't think for yourself.

What a stupid statement.

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:42 PM

palangi
12-17-2016, 12:42 PM

cd98
12-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Parker was extremely turnover prone his first 2 years. Please try to deny this. Please o please.
In his 5th year the amazing Tony average 3.1 turnovers a game. That's a great ball handler?
Hell he is averaging 2 a game this year in limited minutes.

He is a 5.9 assist to 2.4 turnover for his career. Amazing.

You keep comparing Parker, an NBA player, to Murray, a D League player. There's no comparison. An 18 year old Tony Parker was good enough to make an NBA roster and a 20 year old Murray isn't. And turning the ball over (7 times) in the D League is much worse than turning it over three times against NBA level defense.

palangi
12-17-2016, 01:10 PM
You keep comparing Parker, an NBA player, to Murray, a D League player. There's no comparison. An 18 year old Tony Parker was good enough to make an NBA roster and a 20 year old Murray isn't. And turning the ball over (7 times) in the D League is much worse than turning it over three times against NBA level defense.

Will we don't know what Murray is like in the nba. He hasn't really played. And that's because we have to be sensative to parkers ego. But please keep making up scenarios.

palangi
12-17-2016, 01:12 PM

And since it is really hard for your dumb ass to read. He said Tony isn't turnover prone. He is a great ball handler.

Please try to keep up simpleton.

cd98
12-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Will we don't know what Murray is like in the nba. He hasn't really played. And that's because we have to be sensative to parkers ego. But please keep making up scenarios.

You keep bringing up Parker. The one that keeps Murray in the D League is Lapro, the undrafted Argentine rookie. I mean, we can do this dance all day. Murray is no where near as good as Parker, so a win-now team would never bench Parker for Murray. Lapro is the ten minute a night guy and Murray has to beat him out, but sadly, he hasn't been good enough to beat out an undrafted rookie. Murray needs to develop for the next two years in the D League.

GSH
12-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Do you even know who these guys are, or what they have in common?

Ansu Sesay
Tierre Brown
Marcus Fizer
Randy Livingston
Kasib Powell
Courtney Sims
Mike Harris
Curtis Stinson
Ron Howard
Othyus Jeffers
Tim Frazier
Jarnell Stokes

They are all former D-League MVP's. Get it? They were the BEST PLAYERS in the D-League. And that didn't mean shit at the NBA level.

Trying to prove that a guy is NBA-ready because he has good stats in the D-League is pure ignorance. Devin Brown and Matt Carroll were both D-League MVP's, and had minor NBA careers, and they are the exceptions. But even they never did anything in the NBA that looked like the numbers they put up in the D-League.

Argue all you want to. Hate on Parker all you want to. It's still stupid to try and project NBA success from D-League stats. Murray isn't ready to play a role in the NBA. Period. He's getting a chance to sit on the bench and learn, and get some mop-up minutes at the very ends of games.

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Yeah because they've never made bad decisions? Ever! How about our turd towers. David west? The Bonner love affair. And you know there is more. But please be a blind sheep. Don't think for yourself.

What a stupid statement.
Lol, you're comparing a short experiment with David West to Tony Parker? And Bonner won 2 chips with SA and was huge in stretching the floor so we could beat OKC in 14.

SASdynasty!
12-17-2016, 10:40 PM
And since it is really hard for your dumb ass to read. He said Tony isn't turnover prone. He is a great ball handler.

Please try to keep up simpleton.
Tony's MOST turnovers ever in 16 years is 3 per game. Westbrook is averaging twice that this season and hasn't been in the league as long. Players like Westbrook are turnover-prone, not Parker, evidenced by the numbers.

Em-City
12-17-2016, 11:14 PM
Despite what palangi is carrying on about, Murray's body IS NOT ready for nba basketball right now. He has the length to fill out and become a contributor in future, but this season he's nothing more than a prospect to keep an eye on in garbage time and d-league games.

palangi
01-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Bump

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Chirp. ...Chirp. ...Chirp. .....

That's right CD, dynasty, Chinook and GSH

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:23 AM

Here's to laughing at your dumb ignorant ass!

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:24 AM

Kill yourself.

Kill yourself! Faggot!

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:27 AM
wtf. Murray is barely an NBA player. If he was given 30 minutes a game he'd have 10 turnovers.

Great take you fucking clown

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:28 AM

We now know who not to take advise from. He don't know shit about basketball.

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Despite what palangi is carrying on about, Murray's body IS NOT ready for nba basketball right now. He has the length to fill out and become a contributor in future, but this season he's nothing more than a prospect to keep an eye on in garbage time and d-league games.

Ready and willing. But carry like you know what your talking about.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:29 AM
Great take you fucking clown

:lmao u mad :lmao

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:33 AM
:lmao u mad :lmao

Eat shit board clown. You the joke tonight. U mad!

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Eat shit board clown. You the joke tonight. U mad!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/j4kHTTusnXk6A/200_s.gif

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:35 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/j4kHTTusnXk6A/200_s.gif

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Clown! Love to see you eat your words. You don't know shit.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Clown! Love to see you eat your words. You don't know shit.

http://i.imgur.com/Uyzdxlu.gif

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Get in here and cry clown

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Get in here and cry clown

fP8FMdVcCQQ

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:39 AM
The Faggot clown got exposed.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:40 AM
The Faggot clown got exposed.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/031/783/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:41 AM
Exposed

Cry Havoc
01-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Exposed

But... you're mad. Why?

Mikeanaro
01-20-2017, 12:53 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/031/783/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Dont post Gorilla pics here man.

palangi
01-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Still a lot of silence except from the faggot clown. Must be getting good and full on their humble pie

Joseph Kony
01-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Here's to laughing at your dumb ignorant ass!lol this fucking clown trying to talk shit after 1 game. Murray had a great game but if you think the answer to the Spurs woes is to start a rookie or give him tons of minutes going forward you're fucking retarded, which we already knew. it was the fucking nuggets, and 2 or 3 of their better players werent even playing :lol simmer down faggot

Joseph Kony
01-20-2017, 12:10 PM
>rookie has 1 good game finally against a shit team w/ no defense and top players out

OMG BEST PLAYER EVER I TOLD YOU LOLOLOL YOU GUYS ARE DUMB

:lmao fucking faggot

palangi
01-20-2017, 12:27 PM
lol this fucking clown trying to talk shit after 1 game. Murray had a great game but if you think the answer to the Spurs woes is to start a rookie or give him tons of minutes going forward you're fucking retarded, which we already knew. it was the fucking nuggets, and 2 or 3 of their better players werent even playing :lol simmer down faggot

Exposed as ignorant

Leetonidas
01-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Lol this guy is one of the worst posters on ST and that's really saying something :lmao

TheGreatYacht
01-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Lol this guy is one of the worst posters on ST and that's really saying something :lmao
No one produces shit posters like the Argies

palangi
01-20-2017, 09:44 PM
No one produces shit posters like the Argies

It makes me feel good to see TGY bag on me. His knowledge of me is about as good as his basketball knowledge. I'm not an Argie. And I don't understand why he thinks I'm this big can't of Lapro?
Ignorant faggot.