PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone ever tear...

Big Dog
12-15-2016, 02:32 PM
An achilles? It just happened to me the day before. Worst injury I have ever had. Playing in a rec game. Backpeddling and snap, at first you think you stepped on some plastic by the sound. Then you take that first step with the affected foot..fucking hell. :cry

SpursforSix
12-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Seems like it would be painful. I take care of my body and don't put myself in a position where that would happen. Before any activity, I rigorously stretch both AT. Believe me, if I didn't, they would simultaneously explode when I took off.

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 02:50 PM
An achilles? It just happened to me the day before. Worst injury I have ever had. Playing in a rec game. Backpeddling and snap, at first you think you stepped on some plastic by the sound. Then you take that first step with the affected foot..fucking hell. :cry

Might take 5-8 weeks before it heals completely. I got mine years ago in HS. I don't think mine was that bad since I only spent three weeks total with the PT IIRC and I was given the go for Sport activities by my 8th week. Didn't do anything for 3 weeks and in my third week, I was told to start doing some minor flex excercises in that area and close by.

Don't know how old you are, but I was 15 so I'm assuming I had a more natural healing prcoess....

That was like 10 years ago playing soccer though..My memory might not be perfect. I do remeber lots of flex excercises.

apalisoc_9
12-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Seems like it would be painful. I take care of my body and don't put myself in a position where that would happen. Before any activity, I rigorously stretch both AT. Believe me, if I didn't, they would simultaneously explode when I took off.

It doesnt sound like You have played competitive sport in your life buddy..

Stuff like this can happen in intense competitive situations even with proper pre-cautions.

Brazil
12-15-2016, 03:28 PM
I've been through this... it sucks tbh painful and long healing process.

Get well soon brah

DMC
12-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Too bad. Careful with that, it can cause you to throw teammates under the bus and retire a TOSB.

Joseph Kony
12-15-2016, 05:48 PM
good sign if you ask me, you should have 48 million coming your way

BD24
12-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Didn't this faggot make a similar thread awhile back? We get it you want people to think you are some kind of great ball player.

SpursIndonesia
12-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Do any of you have any experience with Tennis elbow injury (Lateral Epicondylitis) ? I have been dealing with it for the past 3 months and it is still nagging as hell. Caught it when training rigorously with my backhand stroke in badminton, really not expecting it to take so damn long in recovery. :bang

Big Dog
12-16-2016, 02:03 AM
Didn't this faggot make a similar thread awhile back? We get it you want people to think you are some kind of great ball player.
Aww that's cute. You keep up with my threads.

BD24
12-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Aww that's cute. You keep up with my threads.
Photographic memories don't forget :toast

JamStone
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
I've had achilles issues several times but never tore them. I know a couple people who have and after my last achilles injury lingered for over 4 months, I did some research on it.

So the thing with the achilles is that there's only one very small artery that supplies blood down there. So when you injure it, comparatively it takes a longer time to heal because it lacks the blood flow other parts of your body would get when healing. Shitty thing is that that artery narrows with age. So the older you are when you get an achilles injury, the harder and longer it will take to heal.

As for actually tearing or rupturing it, one of my buddies had that happened to him and he opted for surgery. He ended up in a walking boot for something like 3 or 4 months. I can't remember exactly how long. But what the doctors told him was that if you have surgery, it's like a 10% chance of you tearing it again. It drops significantly as opposed to you just letting it heal naturally, and then it's like the opposite and it's something like a 90% chance of you re-injuring or re-tearing the achilles. So if you have an opportunity to get surgery and are willing to be in a walking boot for a few months, that might be the better option longterm.

Cry Havoc
12-16-2016, 11:41 AM

Shit dude. That sucks. My g/f was a sports trainer and had a college tennis player go down. When she ran out to apply pressure she realized the achilles completely snapped and rolled up his leg. :vomit:

Whatever you do, don't push yourself too hard on the recovery, you can easily reinjure that shit if it's bad and you don't do your full rehab.

Also, you probably need to stretch more and eat more vitamin C.

I. Hustle
12-16-2016, 11:47 AM
Shit dude. That sucks. My g/f was a sports trainer and had a college tennis player go down on her. When she ran out to apply pressure she realized the achilles completely snapped and rolled up his leg. :vomit:

Whatever you do, don't push yourself too hard on the recovery, you can easily reinjure that shit if it's bad and you don't do your full rehab.

Also, you probably need to stretch more and eat more vitamin C.

SpursforSix
12-16-2016, 11:57 AM
You take care of your Achilles, your Achilles takes care of you.

I've developed a regimen which I call, "Achilles Dominance". It takes about 20 minutes and involves stretching and quick moves. I'll go through it before any physical activity I participate in.
I've never had an Achilles problem.

And it's all about force placed on the tendon. Most people don't have the physical ability that would even put their AT in jeopardy.

Thread
12-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Anyone ever think you're going to get something,,,like taint, or, money, or, laid, or, money, or, the Presidency of the United States of America, or money? And all you get is your dick in your hand.

lmvictoriousao!!!

Kawhitstorm
12-16-2016, 12:25 PM
It doesnt sound like You have played competitive sport in your life buddy..

Stuff like this can happen in intense competitive situations even with proper pre-cautions.

Unless you're overworking your body like an elite athlete then you must have an underdeveloped body to rapture your achilles at 15.:lol

12-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Do any of you have any experience with Tennis elbow injury (Lateral Epicondylitis) ? I have been dealing with it for the past 3 months and it is still nagging as hell. Caught it when training rigorously with my backhand stroke in badminton, really not expecting it to take so damn long in recovery. :bangMy aunt had it bad, couldn't even pick up things with her affected arm. Don't know if she ended up having surgery or something to fix it, but I remember her complaining about it for over a year.

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Do any of you have any experience with Tennis elbow injury (Lateral Epicondylitis) ? I have been dealing with it for the past 3 months and it is still nagging as hell. Caught it when training rigorously with my backhand stroke in badminton, really not expecting it to take so damn long in recovery. :bang

I had it last year, tbh..it was a nagging pain for like 6 months IIRC, it only improved once I stopped lifting weights and playing sports for a few weeks..

apalisoc_9
12-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Unless you're overworking your body like an elite athlete then you must have an underdeveloped body to rapture your achilles at 15.:lol

Yeah, I know how rare it is for teenagers.

DJR210
12-16-2016, 03:01 PM
I take care of my body and don't put myself in a position where that would happen.

Aka I stay inside and post worthless bullshit on ST while eating snacks

Phillip
12-16-2016, 03:26 PM

idiot

SpursforSix
12-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Aka I stay inside and post worthless bullshit on ST while eating snacks

Ha. Don't be a fag. I'm an elite level athlete

ElNono
12-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Too bad. Careful with that, it can cause you to throw teammates under the bus and retire a TOSB.

good sign if you ask me, you should have 48 million coming your way

SpursIndonesia
12-16-2016, 10:17 PM
My aunt had it bad, couldn't even pick up things with her affected arm. Don't know if she ended up having surgery or something to fix it, but I remember her complaining about it for over a year.

This injury is not up to that level of bad, it is just lingering non stop & nagging me over any activity that involving upper muscle of my fore arm. And even after 3 months of reduced sport & heavy activities, it still won't recover significantly.

I had it last year, tbh..it was a nagging pain for like 6 months IIRC, it only improved once I stopped lifting weights and playing sports for a few weeks..

Aarrggh, then i still have at least 3 months of this to go. :depressed

Stop engaging sport (badminton) is just not an option for me, i hate aerobic exercise like running, so this is my only way of getting healthy exercises & keep my stamina/conditioning (i have reduced the intensity from 4-5 sessions per week to around 2-3 since having this injury).