PDA

View Full Version : Official 2016-17 CFB Bowl Games Thread

Silver&Black
12-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Bowl games start today. I know you college football degenerates can't wait for the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl.

https://s27.postimg.org/yxbg8cfnn/bowlschedule1.png
https://s27.postimg.org/p29tzyp83/bowlschedule2.png
https://s29.postimg.org/qcs8bbxjr/bowlschedule3.png
https://s29.postimg.org/hd00b162f/bowlschedule4.png
https://s29.postimg.org/v9tjcar7b/bowlschedule5.png

https://s24.postimg.org/58m8ku5ph/bowlschedule6.png

THE PLAYOFF
https://s24.postimg.org/61jx1fic5/bowlschedule7.png

Silver&Black
12-17-2016, 08:59 AM
FkLA get your ass in here. Know you can't wait for that UTSA/New Mexico game. Good luck.

FkLA
12-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Birds up, let's go:flag:

Silver&Black
12-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Birds up, let's go:flag:
UTSA took too long to get it going.

Clipper Nation
12-17-2016, 06:18 PM
lolutsa

FkLA
12-17-2016, 09:45 PM
New Mexico was an 8 win team (now 9) from probably the second best G5 conference. Weather conditions were in there favor (40 mph winds, they run a triple option offense and are the #1 rushing team in the country). The game was in their home stadium.

All things considered it was a good showing. Definitely another winnable game that we let slip away though.

Blake
12-18-2016, 12:34 AM
Not getting the TD when they had 1st and goal at the 1 yard line was the difference in the game, all things being equal

Avante
12-18-2016, 01:57 AM
Grambling vs North Carolina Central

Grambling 10 NCC 9

While I love the HBCU, it really is time to cool having these teams as practice games for the big boys. This is obviously an inferior brand of football. The big guys are fat, the fast guys are smallish. Yes, every once awhile an NFL talent shows up (used to be tons of NFLers) but it's rare today.

Michigan vs FSU
USC vs Penn St
The playoffs

The must see's, the rest, hmmmmm?

As I mentioned in my Derrick Henry thread, Donnell Pomphrey is special. Some NFL team will give him a shot, he's simply too quick. Shattered all of Marshall Fauks records at SDS.

lebomb
12-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Not getting the TD when they had 1st and goal at the 1 yard line was the difference in the game, all things being equal

3 dumbass penalties in a row will do that for ya.............. :pctoss

Silver&Black
12-24-2016, 10:42 PM
When do the real bowl games start.....

For fuck sakes.

Silver&Black
12-26-2016, 02:13 PM
BULLDOGS WIN!!!!
:danceclub

TXstbobcat
12-27-2016, 11:28 AM
BULLDOGS WIN!!!!

Congratulations on the Bulldogs bowl win!!!!

Hey I have a quick question for you. I just read that Damien Williams is transferring from Mississippi State to my Alma mater, Texas State University. It looks like he will have one year of eligibility left to play quarterback for the Bobcats.
I wanted to get your take on Williams and I wanted to get your take on whether you think he could help a team like Texas State that is in a lower-level conference.

Silver&Black
12-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Congratulations on the Bulldogs bowl win!!!!

Hey I have a quick question for you. I just read that Damien Williams is transferring from Mississippi State to my Alma mater, Texas State University. It looks like he will have one year of eligibility left to play quarterback for the Bobcats.
I wanted to get your take on Williams and I wanted to get your take on whether you think he could help a team like Texas State that is in a lower-level conference.

I honestly can't tell you about him. He didn't have a lot of playing time for the Bulldogs (hardly any). He played the very first game of the season (a loss to South Alabama) and didn't see the field again. However, he did play well that game. Nick Fitzgerald shit the bed, and they went to Williams.

But, Nick Fitzgerald outplayed him in practice and Damien never got his chance after that.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.....there just isn't much gameplay I've seen him in. Good luck though. Hope he does well. Dan Mullen has always had a thing for developing QBs....hopefully that will help out Texas State...especially against weaker competition like you said.

TXstbobcat
12-27-2016, 11:45 PM
I honestly can't tell you about him. He didn't have a lot of playing time for the Bulldogs (hardly any). He played the very first game of the season (a loss to South Alabama) and didn't see the field again. However, he did play well that game. Nick Fitzgerald shit the bed, and they went to Williams.

But, Nick Fitzgerald outplayed him in practice and Damien never got his chance after that.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.....there just isn't much gameplay I've seen him in. Good luck though. Hope he does well. Dan Mullen has always had a thing for developing QBs....hopefully that will help out Texas State...especially against weaker competition like you said.

I hope he works out next year. After going 2 and 10 last year the Bobcats can use all the help they can get.

Fabbs
12-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Alabama vs Washington is the the true National Championship imo.
Ohio State and Clemson are just a couple lucky escape artists.
Ohio State should be banned from postseason for losing to Pedo State.

Silver&Black
12-30-2016, 09:39 PM
Only thing going wrong for the Noles so far is the fucking horse falling down.

MultiTroll
12-30-2016, 10:48 PM
:lol Michigan QB sucks.
Otherwise I think Michigan is in Championship game.

Silver&Black
12-31-2016, 12:05 AM
:lol Michigan QB sucks.
Otherwise I think Michigan is in Championship game.

"If only we had a QB that didn't suck...we'd be in the title hunt."

--Every college football fan

Silver&Black
12-31-2016, 06:50 PM
Congrats Thread

Bama too much for them Washington boys. Scored a TD early...nothing after that.

Pelicans78
12-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Clemson not looking like regular season Clemson.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-31-2016, 10:09 PM
BULLDOGS WIN!!!!

I know it's late but congrats to the Bulldogs on their win.

Silver&Black
12-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Clemson going balls deep, tbh.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Ohio State getting knocked out like Ronda Rousey.

JoeTait75
12-31-2016, 10:18 PM
Clemson is just better, a lot better. No getting around it. Ohio State will need to make some changes offensively before next season. They haven't filled the hole left by Tom Herman.

Penn State fans are probably pissed. :lol

Silver&Black
12-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Would like to be the first to lodge Urban Meyer's first skunker.

Me.

TheCultOfPersonality
01-01-2017, 12:13 AM

Robz4000
01-01-2017, 05:24 AM
College Football Playoffs are just awful this year. Alabama is gonna roll in the Championship game.

Silver&Black
01-01-2017, 12:01 PM
College Football Playoffs are just awful this year. Alabama is gonna roll in the Championship game.

Since the playoff began....there have been 6 semifinal games. 5 of them have been blowouts.

Pelicans78
01-01-2017, 12:06 PM

Alabama barely beat Clemson last year. Why would this year be different? It's gonna be a close game and Clemson could win as well.

Thread
01-01-2017, 02:15 PM
Congrats Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320)

Bama too much for them Washington boys. Scored a TD early...nothing after that.

Yep, though I was pulling for OSU. Clemp has a 14 incher on tap for us.

Silver&Black
01-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Yep, though I was pulling for OSU. Clemp has a 14 incher on tap for us.

Nah. OSU blew it. I already lodged their skunker.

I just hope both teams play the way the did yesterday....would be a great Nat'l Championship game if they both do.

Thread
01-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Nah. OSU blew it. I already lodged their skunker.

I just hope both teams play the way the did yesterday....would be a great Nat'l Championship game if they both do.

I don't want "a great Nat'l Championship game." I want Alabama to winPERIOD

Silver&Black
01-01-2017, 06:14 PM
I don't want "a great Nat'l Championship game." I want Alabama to winPERIOD

They beat Clemson last year....

Lost to Ohio St. the year before....

What's the deal?

MultiTroll
01-02-2017, 08:19 PM
phucking refs derailing USCs comeback against Pedo State.

texbound
01-02-2017, 08:23 PM
I'm not a USC or PSU fan, but how on the last TD by PSU was that not illegal man downfield? Two OL were more than 3 yards past the LOS.

Silver&Black
01-02-2017, 11:59 PM
Oklahoma isn't choking???

WTF is up with that benefactor ???

Avante
01-03-2017, 01:38 AM
The first time I saw Jameis Winston play at FSU I thought....WOW~~~ Tonight that USC QB got a....WOW~~~...what an amazing QB this kid "appears" to be. If he stays healthy, keeps his head on straight and wants it, he could leave the college game as the best QB USC has ever had.

The best game of this bowl season so far.

If ya saw the game ya heard talk of Adoree Jackson being an Olympic long jumper wannabe. Why these football guys try and talk track...??? Jackson is a 25 foot cat, Olympians are jumping over 27 feet.

benefactor
01-03-2017, 07:16 AM
Oklahoma isn't choking???

WTF is up with that benefactor ???
Auburn went straight down the field on them with very little resistance on the first drive...then the QB broke his arm. Luck just fell Boomer's way for once.

Silver&Black
01-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Hey Thread ...

Why on Trump's Green Earth would Saban tell Kiffin to pack his fucking bags the week before the Nat'l Championship? Just don't get it, tbh.

Thread
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Hey Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) ...

Why on Trump's Green Earth would Saban tell Kiffin to pack his fucking bags the week before the Nat'l Championship? Just don't get it, tbh.

I don't get it either. And he/Saban should assume those OC duties for this Championship game. To saddle Sarkisian with this yoke is wrong, dead wrong. Leave him be until AFTER this gamePERIOD

Thread
01-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Alabama barely beat Clemson last year. Why would this year be different? It's gonna be a close game and Clemson could win as well.

Yes. Special circumstances & special plays,,,the kickoff return + the onside kick delivered Alabama. That's mighty thin on the substance ledger & broad daylight on the symbolism side. They'll revisit that reality Monday nite. How they deal with it is the killing ground.

Fabbs
01-06-2017, 09:53 AM
^^ Q is more why did Saban give Kiffin the job in the 1st place.
Unreal.
Lots of Bama watchers believe it was Kiffin who f'd up the Nat Champ trophy vs Ohio State. Massive OLine had worn down Ohio States D line and were plowing in the 4th. Instead Kiffin tries too many cutesy complicated pass plays and Bama falls short.

Pulled the exact same chit vs. Washington.

How the f'r lasted as long as he did is beyond me.

Yes Thread i agree don't saddle this on Sarkisian.

pgardn
01-06-2017, 10:19 AM
When one hires the likes of Kiffin and Sarkisian personality disorders follow. Saban walks a thin line with this. Both of these hires are very competent football guys. What happens with other aspects of their contributions outside of football will be of concern.

Saban will also take on highly competent players with the same flaws. For the most part he surrounds these talented players with some really single minded NFL bound kids who do not want to F up. But some go to Louisiana with drugs and guns and get caught. And then are given a 4th chance. Typical Saban. Kiffin used up his 4th chance. And having kids or coaches for multiple years with a guy like Saban... ya might want out.

The Gemini Method
01-24-2017, 01:30 PM
A month behind, but way to comeback USC!