PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel

RD2191
12-17-2016, 03:18 PM
Supposedly not very happy playing only 8 minutes a game.

dabom
12-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Dude is injury prone. :lol

But if he was healthy, I wouldn't mind trading porker. They were gonna pay big bucks for Manu. :lol

RD2191
12-17-2016, 03:28 PM

But if he was healthy, I wouldn't mind trading porker. They were gonna pay big bucks for Manu. :lol

You had me at trade porker.

dabom
12-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Sixers actually do that deal if RC makes that call.

Emperor
12-17-2016, 03:38 PM
We already have Dedmon as our shot blocking defensive big.

palangi
12-17-2016, 03:46 PM
We already have Dedmon as our shot blocking defensive big.

Yeah but then you can split LMA and Gasol. Paired with each one. Start Noel and LMA then Dedmon and Gasol of the bench together

palangi
12-17-2016, 03:47 PM

One could only hope. Throw in green and get covington back too

TheRemix
12-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah but then you can split LMA and Gasol. Paired with each one. Start Noel and LMA then Dedmon and Gasol of the bench together

Would work on paper but Gasol's too much of a damn diva to be coming off the bench

phxspurfan
12-17-2016, 05:20 PM

Then we just become slow and plodding like the grizz. Not good in Today's NBA

phxspurfan
12-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Supposedly not very happy playing only 8 minutes a game.

At this stage of his career and given his draft position he has reason to ask for more PT. Too bad the Sixers have a much much better player at that spot.

phxspurfan
12-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Simmons and mills for Noel tbh

phxspurfan
12-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Then softridge for cousins straight up

Cklbmk
12-17-2016, 05:44 PM
4 shit posts in a row by the same person

Play Boban
12-18-2016, 12:32 AM
You had me at trade porker.
I'd trade Porker for a bag of feces TBH.

tmtcsc
12-18-2016, 12:47 AM
I'd trade Porker for a bag of feces TBH.

What team in their right mind would give you a bag of feces for TP ? Wishful thinking.

r0drig0lac
12-18-2016, 05:16 AM
If we had something, I would be everything for that (the guy will be dpoy in the future), although some posters here say that the guy is overestimated (wrong logically)

cd021
12-18-2016, 11:40 AM

I don't see Gasol being benched in any situation. Best thing is for Spurs to stagger Gasol so him and LMA don't play nearly as much together.

(Playoff rotations)
Gasol 12:00-6:00 of the first and third quarter
Dedmon 6:00-0:00 of the first and third quarter
LMA 12:00-2:00 of the first and third quarter
Bertans 2:00-0:00 of the first and third quarter

Gasol-12:00-8:00 of 2nd and 4th quarter
Dedmon-8:00-4:00 of 2nd and 4th quarter
LMA-8:00-0:00 of 2nd and 4th quarter
Bertans 12:00-8:00 of 2nd and 4th quarter
Pop could then chose between Dedmon and Gasol for which C plays the final four minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter

Dedmon would play at least 20 minutes as would Gasol (who could play as many as 28 mpg in that rotation) 16 of those would likely be with Leonard and LMA and eight of those minutes with Green-Leonard- and LMA.
Gasol plays no more than 20 minutes with LMA, which would help LMA on both sides of the ball.
LMA no more than 20 minutes with Gasol, which would help LMA on both sides of the ball.

CGD
12-18-2016, 12:04 PM
Do you really want to max this guy for many years though? Thats what it would cost to keep him here in SA in such a hypothetical trade. I just don't know if that's the way to go at least not until you see what happens with Dedmon this summer.

baseline bum
12-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Noel is an unbelievable talent, but he is one of the biggest china dolls I have ever seen. He has been injured nonstop since around his sophomore year of high school. I remember watching his HS games and being so impressed how he could hang with Drummond though.

Raven
12-18-2016, 02:15 PM
At this stage of his career and given his draft position he has reason to ask for more PT. Too bad the Sixers have a much much better player at that spot.

lol, who the fuck is he to ask for anything.

cd021
12-18-2016, 10:05 PM
I've heard for Noel that Camby or Ratliff is probably his ceiling I don't think he's some incredible talent that is just waiting for a team to snatch him up and turn him into an all star or even a starting center for the next decade, that's a DVOP candidate ( yes, I know Camby was a DVOP). I am not so certain either is going to happen for him.

I'd rather have Dedmon, even though he's like five years old and with less upside. I think he could be a starter; not necessarily 30mpg, but ,maybe a 24 mpg type of starter.

12-18-2016, 10:51 PM
But where does that leave David Lee(been better than Pau a lot of night)

Kawhitstorm
12-18-2016, 11:05 PM
I've heard for Noel that Camby or Ratliff is probably his ceiling

He's more like Ratliff, Camby was lanky as fuck like Gobert & didn't come off the floor as quickly as Nerlens. Camby was also a good passer, elite defensive rebounder & had somewhat of a set shot from 15 ft. Nerlens is a Pogo-stick w/ quick feet like Ratliff, average rebounder for his position & he can't do anything on offense besides running the floor + finishing lobs.

Nerlens in his current form is basically Tyrus Thomas: http://bkref.com/tiny/0g4de :lol

Play Boban
12-18-2016, 11:28 PM
What team in their right mind would give you a bag of feces for TP ? Wishful thinking.

True.:bobo

sananspursfan21
12-18-2016, 11:29 PM
It would be cool but there's no deal that the Sixers would take that would actually make it worth it for the Spurs. Sorry.

james evans
12-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Simmons and mills for Noel tbh
You're crazy

james evans
12-19-2016, 11:42 PM
But where does that leave David Lee(been better than Pau a lot of night)
exactly

Raven
12-20-2016, 04:53 AM
He's more like Ratliff, Camby was lanky as fuck like Gobert & didn't come off the floor as quickly as Nerlens. Camby was also a good passer, elite defensive rebounder & had somewhat of a set shot from 15 ft. Nerlens is a Pogo-stick w/ quick feet like Ratliff, average rebounder for his position & he can't do anything on offense besides running the floor + finishing lobs.

Nerlens in his current form is basically Tyrus Thomas: http://bkref.com/tiny/0g4de :lol

very good analysis

cutewizard
12-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Do it RC lol

cjw
12-20-2016, 11:55 AM
Gasol was always a risky signing given the stage of his career he's in, though hasn't had injury issues over the past couple of years. Worries of his pick and roll D ring true and imagine long term, his minutes get staggered away from Aldridge's even if both keep starting and he's given more of an opportunity to play with the bench unit. In retrospect, seems like the Spurs got snookered a bit as it's a signing more worthy of the Knicks or Suns. Wouldn't be surprised if he opts in for his contract to be used to swing a trade in the offseason. No way he gets traded in his first year with the team - would hurt FA desirability in the future.

As much as Gasol has been less than hoped for, the Dedmon signing was striking pure gold. Had he gone to GS and the Spurs been stuck with another turd tower, you could have basically written off the season. Will be interesting to see his market in the offseason - will go for at least the full MLE if not more if someone has cap space.

On the topic of Noel, there is a glut of bigs on several rosters that Ringer runs down:
https://theringer.com/the-nba-might-have-too-many-big-men-1a654d0b1dec#.so9ij0x76

tl;dr version - Sixers have little leverage given how many teams have multiple bigs they're trying to offload. Don't see any of these guys giving players away for free until their hand is forced.

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I like Noel, but he doesn't make sense on this team:

- Too many bigs
- Seems to have an attitude and problems with the coach/front office..why would Pop want a potential cancer that may be currently clashing with one of his former assistants?:lol
- Injury prone

TimDunkem
12-20-2016, 07:55 PM
^Agreed. Pass on Noel at this moment in time.