PDA

View Full Version : 76ers: What A Lame Ass Retirement Ceremony

Buddy Mignon
12-18-2016, 10:14 PM
A wonder what the ratings are in this lame ass shit. I also wonder what the odds are that Jim comes out of the closet tonight confirming what I always knew.

midnightpulp
12-18-2016, 10:17 PM
"6th seed" :lmao

Ingram is also looking real good, bro :tu

Splits
12-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Carrot cake

Killakobe81
12-18-2016, 11:22 PM
Respect to TD GOAT PF who played a bunch at center ...
But not sure if having that retirement on the same night as big Cowbooys game was great planning ...
Heck, I am not sure doing on a sunday night was wise during football season, period made much sense.
He deserves better, tbh

UZER
12-18-2016, 11:25 PM
But not sure if having that retirement on the same night as big Cowbooys game was great planning ...
Heck, I am not sure doing on a sunday night was wise during football season, period made much sense.
He deserves better, tbh

NBC flexed the game to Sunday night.

100%duncan
12-18-2016, 11:25 PM
He deserves better, tbh

Or he doesn’t give a single fuck unlike some other guy who made last season all about him :lol

Kawhitstorm
12-18-2016, 11:27 PM
-First to win a chip
-First to win an MVP
-First to have jersey hung on the rafters after retiring during the same year as Kirby

.....Kirby meanwhile shopping for tampons furious why he can't sow a seed to reap him a boy.

Killakobe81
12-19-2016, 12:19 AM
Or he doesn’t give a single fuck unlike some other guy who made last season all about him :lol

Not saying he cares ...but his fans wanted to honor him ...
Not saying I'm a duncan fan, but I would have watched ...if I wasn't in Cowboys mode ...
Sure the game was flexed....but most likely it would be a big game tonight. It's all good. I am sure it was classy ...and he appreciated it and the fans got to show him love...

Koolaid_Man
12-19-2016, 12:53 AM
what kind of sheet shirt was the nigga wearing :lol

Killakobe81
12-19-2016, 01:38 PM
What is lame is seeing Avery and Bowen next to Tim in the rafters ...so should we retire Derek Fisher and Coop-a-loop?!

Chris
12-19-2016, 05:34 PM
What is lame is seeing Avery and Bowen next to Tim in the rafters ...so should we retire Derek Fisher and Coop-a-loop?!

Definitely DFish imo

Killakobe81
12-19-2016, 06:08 PM
Definitely DFish imo

I loved dfish, but he is not rafters worthy neither was Byron or Cooper or Rambis. And neither is Avery or Bowen ...
Manu and Tony absolutely and maybe Kiwi someday but Avery and Bruce? Spur organization reaching ...

spurraider21
12-19-2016, 06:47 PM

Ingram is also looking real good, bro :tuwe wont be sneaking

Robz4000
12-19-2016, 07:39 PM

Without Fisher you're light five.

daslicer
12-19-2016, 07:44 PM
I loved dfish, but he is not rafters worthy neither was Byron or Cooper or Rambis. And neither is Avery or Bowen ...
Manu and Tony absolutely and maybe Kiwi someday but Avery and Bruce? Spur organization reaching ...

Nate Silver ranks the Spurs 4th all time when it comes to retiring player jerseys. Silver factors in metrics such as win shares, PER, and other stats when it comes to retiring jerseys. Only 3 other organizations are better at retiring jersey's than the spurs and they are the Celtics,Lakers,Sixers. If you read the article you will see there have been players who are worse than Avery and Bruce that have been retired by other organizations. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tim-duncan-moved-the-spurs-up-the-retired-jersey-rankings/

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2016, 09:26 PM
lame, yet still t unes in...duncan rent free

Arcadian
12-20-2016, 12:54 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand OP is still a faggot.

Spurtacular
12-20-2016, 01:45 AM
This thread is sh** even by downstairs 'standards'.

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 02:10 AM
Nate Silver ranks the Spurs 4th all time when it comes to retiring player jerseys. Silver factors in metrics such as win shares, PER, and other stats when it comes to retiring jerseys. Only 3 other organizations are better at retiring jersey's than the spurs and they are the Celtics,Lakers,Sixers. If you read the article you will see there have been players who are worse than Avery and Bruce that have been retired by other organizations. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/tim-duncan-moved-the-spurs-up-the-retired-jersey-rankings/

Interesting read, thanks and Bowen is more deserving than Avery of course ...but still shaky imho

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 02:10 AM

Bowen is Pop's favorite role player of all-time; Avery was the heart & soul of the team (ala Gaymond) including the '98-'99 season when he saved Pop's career by rallying players behind him following a player's only meeting.:lol

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 02:12 AM
Interesting read, thanks and Bowen is more deserving than Avery of course ...but still shaky imho

Avery was the Spurs all-time leader in assist, it's not like he didn't have the numbers unlike Fisher.:wakeup

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 02:14 AM

BTW the article you posted .. makes allusion to the fact Spurs are less picky about retiring a jersey ...and that it's Duncan that moved them from 9th to 4th on that list ...you eliminate Bowen and Avery my guess they are leap Sixers and maybe even Boston

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 02:17 AM

When Evita/Enrique retire, the Spurs will overtake the Sixers despite having been founded 17 years later.:wow

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 02:21 AM
BTW the article you posted .. makes allusion to the fact Spurs are less picky about retiring a jersey ...and that it's Duncan that moved them from 9th to 4th on that list ...you eliminate Bowen and Avery my guess they are leap Sixers and maybe even Boston

No, they just add their career value over replacement (VORP) for the rankings. They just mentioned that the AVERAGE VORP would be higher if you took out Avery/Bowen but the rankings aren't based on averages otherwise the Celtics would be lower than the Sixers.

Duncan also gives the Spurs an average of 31.3 VAR per honored player, which ranks fourth among all franchises — and is higher than that of both Boston (24.6) and Philly (29.5).

LkrFan
12-20-2016, 02:24 AM
Wait, Spurs retired Bruce Lee's jersey? :lmao

Dunc n Dave
12-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Not saying he cares ...but his fans wanted to honor him ...
Not saying I'm a duncan fan, but I would have watched ...if I wasn't in Cowboys mode ...
Sure the game was flexed....but most likely it would be a big game tonight. It's all good. I am sure it was classy ...and he appreciated it and the fans got to show him love...

Hey Killa! If you really want to watch the ceremony, there are videos all over the net.

Here's the entire hour long ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqvkkje68fE

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 02:11 PM
Hey Killa! If you really want to watch the ceremony, there are videos all over the net.

Here's the entire hour long ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqvkkje68fE

Appreciate it Dunc' how have you been ....oh and Happy Holidays

Dunc n Dave
12-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Appreciate it Dunc' how have you been ....oh and Happy Holidays

I'm doing well. Staying busy with work and coaching/watching my kids bball teams. Haven't been on much lately til we hit this Christmas break. Hope you are doing well. Have a Merry Christmas and Go Cowboys!

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm doing well. Staying busy with work and coaching/watching my kids bball teams. Haven't been on much lately til we hit this Christmas break. Hope you are doing well. Have a Merry Christmas and Go Cowboys!
Indeed. That is a great time coaching your sons ... enjoy.
..and the Cowboys doing well helps me tolerate the rebuild at Staples a bit easier that and watching Lonzo Ball lead myBruins

I. Hustle
12-20-2016, 06:23 PM

I'm with you. I liked both guys as players, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they are worthy of having their jersey's up there. Manu and Tony are locks but not even Kawhi is a lock at this time.

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm with you. I liked both guys as players, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they are worthy of having their jersey's up there. Manu and Tony are locks but not even Kawhi is a lock at this time.

I think jersey retirements should be one notch below HOF ...you don't have to be HOFER to get rafter status but you should be in the convo imho. ICEMAN, David, Timmy, Manu Tonyx and Gilmore is an impressive 5 when it happens and hopefully kiwi gets there too ..you say to early for Kiwi I would agree if Avery and Bowen weren't in... but he already is more legit than both combined ...no offense he just needs a longer body of work ...

I. Hustle
12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
I think jersey retirements should be one notch below HOF ...you don't have to be HOFER to get rafter status but you should be in the convo imho. ICEMAN, David, Timmy, Manu Tonyx and Gilmore is an impressive 5 when it happens and hopefully kiwi gets there too ..you say to early for Kiwi I would agree if Avery and Bowen weren't in he is more legit than both combined ...no offense he just needs a longer body of work ...

I agree. He has been steady improving but Tim was ROY 2 X MVP and he has 5 rings. David was ROY, MVP, scoring champ, 2 X champ, etc.

Both those guys have a LLLOOOONNNGGGGGG list of accomplishments. Ice, Silas and Gilmore were the roots of the franchise. Understandable for them.

Kawhi is a badass but he needs to get to their level. He's not there yet.

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 07:01 PM
I agree. He has been steady improving but Tim was ROY 2 X MVP and he has 5 rings. David was ROY, MVP, scoring champ, 2 X champ, etc.

Both those guys have a LLLOOOONNNGGGGGG list of accomplishments. Ice, Silas and Gilmore were the roots of the franchise. Understandable for them.

Kawhi is a badass but he needs to get to their level. He's not there yet.

But hey if Brad Davis is,the bar like with the Mavs then sure,Avery and Bowen are much better ...Brad Fucking Davis ...I remember him as a kid he was mediocre defined maybe he was better before I started watching hoops but I don't get it...
Mavs :lol

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 07:05 PM
The irony is when Cubes was butthurt ...he said he wouldn't retire Jason Kidd but his,franchise retired Brad Davis ...:rollin

DMC
12-20-2016, 09:01 PM

Ingram is also looking real good, bro :tu

Won't be sneaking.

BD24
12-20-2016, 09:02 PM
someone go find the shit where this faggot said he wouldnt start new threads if the lakers didnt make the playoffs and bump that shit.