PDA

View Full Version : Clippers or Rockets

Pages : [1] 2

SURGE
12-19-2016, 01:03 AM
Which team would be a worse matchup in the second round the rockets or the clippers I could also see the jazz facing us in the second round but I wouldn't mind that

BillMc
12-19-2016, 01:10 AM
Rather face the Rockets: 1 better matchup for Spurs 2: less travel 3: good prep for Dubs in the WCF.

Ice009
12-19-2016, 01:12 AM
Hasn't this question already been asked earlier this season? I thought a similar thread was started already?

spursistan
12-19-2016, 01:12 AM
lol Clippers..not even close..they are like 4-4 in their last 8 games against us on our fuckin home court..Watch them obliterate us again without Blake on Thursday :lol..

ViceCity86
12-19-2016, 01:35 AM
Clippers won't get past round one, unless they play the Thunder. Rockets and Grizzlies are better.

Mr. Body
12-19-2016, 02:59 AM
Avoid Clippers. They kill us. Would rather play the Rockets, who are a tough-ass regular season matchup but might be easier to gameplan in a seven game series.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-19-2016, 03:13 AM
The Clippers answer is obvious, however, this Rockets team is actually very good. They shoot light out from 3 - better than even GS and their offense is so good ( 2nd in eFG% and TS% ) it'd be demanding of the Spurs to score at a very high rate consistently, which they haven't always been able to this season. On top of this they're surprisingly good rebounding the ball and their defense is better than you might think - 14th best in DefRtg, which is better than the Cavs currently.

Spurs play them next so they'll get a taste of their 50 threes per game. Hopefully Pop won't switch bigs on Harden all the time like in the last meetings.

BillMc
12-19-2016, 03:20 AM
Avoid Clippers. They kill us. Would rather play the Rockets, who are a tough-ass regular season matchup but might be easier to gameplan in a seven game series.
This. I trust D'Antoni to get out coached by Pop in the playoffs. He always has before.

r0drig0lac
12-19-2016, 04:16 AM
Rockets and Jazz are better teams, but SAS seems to be the only team that can not defend the cp3 / Blake pnr, so ..

Fireball
12-19-2016, 05:01 AM
Rockets are easier to beat, but we could lose to both of them in the PO

ego
12-19-2016, 05:23 AM
Don't forget the Jazz ! The french connection Diaw and Gobert is terrible actually. With a lot of injuries I think they play very fine with a very good defense !!
R Gobert > M Gasol >> P Gasol

Fireball
12-19-2016, 05:45 AM
R Gobert > M Gasol >> P Gasol

not yet ... Marc Gasol is a beast this season ... Gobert is too limited offensively to put him above Marc Gasol right now.

ego
12-19-2016, 05:52 AM
not yet ... Marc Gasol is a beast this season ... Gobert is too limited offensively to put him above Marc Gasol right now.
Except yesterday !!

Fireball
12-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Except yesterday !!

you are right in that regard

skin27
12-19-2016, 07:44 AM
Rockets is easier to beat than the clippers..it seems all clippers players can't miss everytime they play against us..gone are the days when we were dominating them..

MI21
12-19-2016, 10:02 AM
Spurs play them next so they'll get a taste of their 50 threes per game. Hopefully Pop won't switch bigs on Harden all the time like in the last meetings.

It's not a bad strategy actually if it makes him become single minded on scoring rather than orchestrating the 3pt bombing offense.

MI21
12-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Until the Spurs show they can defend the CP3/Blake high PNR and also the double screen set above the 3pt line, I want no part of the Clips.

mookie2001
12-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Avoid the rockets. Gordon's on pace to obliterate Curry's 3 record.

skin27
12-19-2016, 11:07 AM
Avoid the rockets. Gordon's on pace to obliterate Curry's 3 record.
Its funny that 4years ago were dominating the clippers and all Spurs fans here in spurstalk always say the clippers are choke artist in the playoffs!! But now all of a sudden they are scared of the clippers?!:lmao

RD2191
12-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Until the Spurs show they can defend the CP3/Blake high PNR and also the double screen set above the 3pt line, I want no part of the Clips.

TBH

NameLess Scrub
12-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Both are bad match ups. Spurs will struggle in all home games going into "scoring.exe has crashed" mode.

Clippers will chuck and make long 2s to no end, or else Harden will break Spurs defense in half in his slow motion as a joke on Kyle Anderson's best skill.

Enjoy the RS.

FaM0us Skins
12-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Rockets

sasaint
12-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Both are bad match ups. Spurs will struggle in all home games going into "scoring.exe has crashed" mode.

Clippers will chuck and make long 2s to no end, or else Harden will break Spurs defense in half in his slow motion as a joke on Kyle Anderson's best skill.

Enjoy the RS.

That's what I thought until the last handful of games. To my eyes, the Spurs are playing much better as of late. They have moved away from the Iso-intensive offensive they were running the first +/- 20 games of the season. Both the ball movement and player movement have increased/improved greatly and the % of isolation plays for Kawhi and LMA has been reduced a lot. (I am not sure I even remember a Kawhiso play against the Pelicans.) That brand of basketball is not only more fun/exciting for the fans, but it also offers the team a better chance of success in the playoffs.

12-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Clippers are the worse match up. The Rockets are entirely dependent on Harden and he'll tire out by the end of the season. Plus Harden is turnover prone and the Spurs defense can take advantage of that.

Spurs still have no one to guard the Paul - Blake pick and roll. They'll get slaughtered again and again.

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Rockets have a top 5 player and top 5 coach, but neither has a proven track record in the playoffs, of course..they are so reliant on Harden, it wouldn't be surprising if he got burnt out, despite his game not being reliant on athleticism(not to mention Harden's inconsistencies in the playoffs, mostly due to his style of play not translating well as a #1 option)..

They're always a bad matchup for the Spurs during the RS, though..

As for the 1st round, the only team to avoid is Utah..I'd love to play Memphis or Portland..

LoneStarState'sPride
12-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Rather face the Rockets. A D'Antoni coached team doesn't scare me.

HarlemHeat37
12-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Based on PD, MOV, SOS, etc, so far, it's

Tier 1: Warriors
Tier 2: Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Jazz
Tier 3: Thunder, Grizzlies

12-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Its funny that 4years ago were dominating the clippers and all Spurs fans here in spurstalk always say the clippers are choke artist in the playoffs!! But now all of a sudden they are scared of the clippers?!:lmaoFour years ago we had MVParker

12-19-2016, 02:22 PM
If Pau starts in a playoff series against the Clippers then they are by far the toughest match up on this side of the conference.

NameLess Scrub
12-19-2016, 02:23 PM
That's what I thought until the last handful of games. To my eyes, the Spurs are playing much better as of late. They have moved away from the Iso-intensive offensive they were running the first +/- 20 games of the season. Both the ball movement and player movement have increased/improved greatly and the % of isolation plays for Kawhi and LMA has been reduced a lot. (I am not sure I even remember a Kawhiso play against the Pelicans.) That brand of basketball is not only more fun/exciting for the fans, but it also offers the team a better chance of success in the playoffs.

Actually, I haven't being able to watch the latest game well. They're usually pretty late for me as I'm not in the time zone.

I'm gonna have to catch up a little bit on LP.

Hope you're right, even if the Suns and Pelicans are not exactly great teams.

Frankie23
12-19-2016, 05:28 PM
Rockets. We'll have Kawhi (and Danny Green) guarding their best offensive weapon (Harden). Kawhi's too big to guard CP3 and too small to go against Griffin. He's be isolated in a corner so that he's not able to make a difference on defense.

If they playoffs are tomorrow (with healthy teams), we'll have to face:
- OKC in the first round: tough to stop Westbrook, but it's mainly a one man show which the Spurs could beat in 4/5 games.
- Winner of Rockets vs Memphis. Standings say Rockets, but it's not going to be easy against a great defensive/physical team.

Warriors won't have a problem against Portland, but they could "struggle" against physical frontcourts like Utah or Clippers.

That being said, Warriors are in the WCF and i think this standings are better for this Spurs team

dabom
12-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Rockets. We'll have Kawhi (and Danny Green) guarding their best offensive weapon (Harden). Kawhi's too big to guard CP3 and too small to go against Griffin. He's be isolated in a corner so that he's not able to make a difference on defense.

If they playoffs are tomorrow (with healthy teams), we'll have to face:
- OKC in the first round: tough to stop Westbrook, but it's mainly a one man show which the Spurs could beat in 4/5 games.
- Winner of Rockets vs Memphis. Standings say Rockets, but it's not going to be easy against a great defensive/physical team.

Warriors won't have a problem against Portland, but they could "struggle" against physical frontcourts like Utah or Clippers.

That being said, Warriors are in the WCF and i think this standings are better for this Spurs team

:wow

spursistan
12-19-2016, 07:57 PM

Spurs need some to put some separation for a top 2 seed while Clips/Rockets deal with their injuries..

Kawhitstorm
12-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Kawhi's defensive prowess can be best utilized against the Rockets since he can basically guard their entire starting 5 if needed. He took away Ryan Anderson out of the equation as Harden didn't bother running the 1-4 PnR to get switches. Softridge also doesn't have to bang w/ anyone & can overpower Capela, possibly get him in foul trouble.

**The Pau/LMA frontline should NEVER see the day of the light against the Rockets**

I would start Bertans (Pop might start Fat Head) & put him on Ariza while Porker/Lee should be fine checking Beverley whose defensive prowess would be wasted on TOSB Porker.:lol Simmons can guard Gordon while Manu can be matched up w/ Brewer. Simmons/Kawhi can provide relief for Danny from the Harden assignment.

Pau/Lee would most likely be matched up w/ Nene/Dekker but Fat Head might take Lee's minutes if he can't guard Dekker which means Dedmon might not play much unless LMA/Pau are in foul trouble or Pau is completely unplayable.

Bertans/Fat Head are the two players that could emerge as X-Factors since the Rockets play w/ stretch 4s for 48 minutes.

TD 21
12-20-2016, 06:33 PM
Rockets' lesser version of Warriors and Cavaliers might seem more dangerous on the surface, but it's the Clippers, because superior talent usually trumps fit. It's why, despite the trouble the Rockets give the Spurs, they still lose to them more often than not. It's also why that used to be the case with the Clippers and why they've turned the tables in the past 2+ seasons.

Even though I don't expect any significant changes no matter how their seasons plays out, there is also significant pressure on the Clippers to reach the WCF, so they'll likely play with a level of desperation and urgency the Rockets can't match.

itzsoweezee
12-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Clippers are the worse match up. The Rockets are entirely dependent on Harden and he'll tire out by the end of the season. Plus Harden is turnover prone and the Spurs defense can take advantage of that.

Spurs still have no one to guard the Paul - Blake pick and roll. They'll get slaughtered again and again.

The capella-harden pnr is even tougher. And the rockets shot a lot more threes. When Gordon is in for Beverley, the rockets will simply outscore the Spurs

Kawhitstorm
12-20-2016, 07:30 PM
The capella-harden pnr is even tougher. And the rockets shot a lot more threes. When Gordon is in for Beverley, the rockets will simply outscore the Spurs

How is Capella going to stay in the floor when he can't guard Softridge on the block?:lol

12-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Capella is like 1/5th the playmaker Griffin is. Griffin is so dangerous because not only is he an athletic big, he's an athletic big with good court vision.

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 12:05 AM
Spurs still get their ass kicked by a Griffin-less Clips team.

spursistan
12-23-2016, 03:19 AM

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 03:26 AM

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 03:36 AM

Where have I heard this one before? Oh right, 2013-2015.

Hoops Czar
12-23-2016, 03:39 AM
The only difference between the Clippers and the Rockets is the Clippers won't miss 32 of 46 uncontested shots, blow a 13 point lead in 4 minutes and lose by two points. I wouldn't want to play either team in a seven game series.

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2016, 12:58 AM
0:00

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/lac.png&h=100&w=100
End of the 4th Quarter
90 - 88

0:00
http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/lac.png&h=100&w=100
Austin Rivers lost ball turnover (Seth Curry steals)
90 - 88

0:03

http://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/dal.png&h=100&w=100
Harrison Barnes makes 10-foot two point shot
90 - 88

Barnes/Curry doing the Spurs a favor.:worthy:

$pursDynasty
12-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Proving this is a match up league. Clips beat Spurs lose to Mavs. Just a bad match up for us but not a great team.

spursistan
12-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Proving this is a match up league. Clips beat Spurs lose to Mavs. Just a bad match up for us but not a great team.
no CP3+Dirk back for the Mavs who are healthy for the first time this season..

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2016, 01:15 AM
no CP3+Dirk back for the Mavs who are healthy for the first time this season..

Carilsle shut their PnR by putting Barnes/Finney-Smith on DeAndre & switching it thus Fatton couldn't feast on Dirk who was hiding on Pierce/Moute. (Dirk actually didn't play in the 2nd half)

....and of course, ReDick also had more turnovers than made shots tonight.:rolleyes

YGWHI
12-24-2016, 01:26 AM
The Clippers are still the worst matchup for the Spurs.

Clippers offense is based on CP3/Blake/DJordan P&Rs...The Spurs have almost the 26th? worst defense in P&Rs.

skin27
12-24-2016, 05:24 AM
i think we can beat both teams if we have homecourt advantage...the only thing that i hate about the clippers is cp3 wont miss his 15 foot jumper from the pick and roll and their scrubs hitting fluke shots and cant miss too..

spursistan
12-27-2016, 12:58 AM
Looks like the Clippers might be finishing as the 4th seed with all their injuries woes; they are dropping games to everybody right now..

Warriors-Clips in the same bracket would be perfect from a Spurs perspective...It wouldn't be easy but I'll take a second round with HCA vs. Houston/Jazz over the Clips anyday ..

DAF86
12-27-2016, 01:07 AM
It looked like the Nugetts were tanking hard there at the end, gladly they were just sucking and pulled the win over a more sucking Clippers team.

spursistan
12-27-2016, 01:10 AM
It looked like the Nugetts were tanking hard there at the end, gladly they were just sucking and pulled the win over a more sucking Clippers team.

I just want us to reach the WCF whatever it takes so we can keep the "contender" status and enhance our free agency fortunes..Who knows if the Clips core gets blown up in the summer; we might become the most obvious destination for Blake/CP3 if they want to stay in the West and contend..

gambit1990
12-27-2016, 01:32 AM
i like what i've seen from dekker.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2016, 01:46 AM
I just want us to reach the WCF whatever it takes so we can keep the "contender" status and enhance our free agency fortunes..Who knows if the Clips core gets blown up in the summer; we might become the most obvious destination for Blake/CP3 if they want to stay in the West and contend..

32 yr old Choke-P isn't passing up that 200mill Doc is going to offer him & if the Spurs make it to the WCF then that would mean Softridge played well thus I don't see how he would be moved to sign Blake unless he's going to play center & it's Pau/Danny that are getting moved. (That would also mean Dedmon is gone)

The best I could think of is moving Pau to re-sign Dedmon then doing a sign-and-trade w/ Utah to swap Patty/Hill assuming that Hill wants to come back. Offer Lee the room-exception & use whatever is left to re-sign Simmons then bring back Tiago Shitter for the minimum.:lol

When Porker's contract comes off the books in 2018, try signing Marcus Smart or Elfrid Payton.

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2016, 02:00 AM
i like what i've seen from dekker.

Chandler Parsons 1.0.:lol

skin27
12-27-2016, 02:04 AM
32 yr old Choke-P isn't passing up that 200mill Doc is going to offer him & if the Spurs make it to the WCF then that would mean Softridge played well thus I don't see how he would be moved to sign Blake unless he's going to play center & it's Pau/Danny that are getting moved. (That would also mean Dedmon is gone)

The best I could think of is moving Pau to re-sign Dedmon then doing a sign-and-trade w/ Utah to swap Patty/Hill assuming that Hill wants to come back. Offer Lee the room-exception & use whatever is left to re-sign Simmons then bring back Tiago Shitter for the minimum.:lol

When Porker's contract comes off the books in 2018, try signing Marcus Smart or Elfrid Payton.i dont want george hill to comeback!!! it reminds me of the dark ages days!! his a jinx!!! patty > hill anyday..

gambit1990
12-27-2016, 03:12 AM
Chandler Parsons 1.0.:lol
:lol

Spurtacular
12-27-2016, 04:53 AM
Which team would be a worse matchup in the second round the rockets or the clippers I could also see the jazz facing us in the second round but I wouldn't mind that

Will be taking OKC/Mem/Utah/Etc in a 1 v 4/5 match-up. TY.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 08:23 PM
Choke-P out vs. Rockets: http://scores.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899938 :toast

NASpurs
12-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Choke-P out vs. Rockets: http://scores.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899938 :toast

And they're playing OKC tomorrow night.

Keep racking those losses up.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 08:27 PM
And they're playing OKC tomorrow night.

Keep racking those losses up.

As long as they stay out of the 7th seed.:lol

BillMc
12-30-2016, 08:31 PM
As long as they stay out of the 7th seed.:lol

Exactly.

Mr. Body
12-30-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm convinced the only team the Clippers can consistently beat is San Antonio.

spursistan
12-31-2016, 12:03 AM
Clips are out of running for 2nd-3rd seed unless Harden/Kawhi are out for extended time with injuries..I wonder if they tank to get out of Golden State bracket..I actually think they will do it if the Spurs are leapfrogged by Houston and end up as 3rd seed..

Kawhitstorm
12-31-2016, 01:26 AM
Clips are out of running for 2nd-3rd seed unless Harden/Kawhi are out for extended time with injuries..I wonder if they tank to get out of Golden State bracket..I actually think they will do it if the Spurs are leapfrogged by Houston and end up as 3rd seed..

Doc is the type of dude that would tank for the 7th seed ala Hollins circa 2011.:lol

Chinook
12-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Just came across this vid and thought this was a good place to drop it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATAgZRMCnE

Both guys were fantastic on Harden with just a couple of lapses here and there. I'm not worried about Houston at all.

Canyonero
12-31-2016, 11:50 AM
If Spurs manage to get the number 1 seed, they could avoid both teams.

Chinook
12-31-2016, 11:53 AM
If Spurs manage to get the number 1 seed, they could avoid both teams.

It's not likely that both LAC and HOU would avoid the fourth or fifth seed. Obviously, the easiest way to avoid them would be for them to lose in the first round, though. But I didn't think we were assuming that.

bdictjames
12-31-2016, 12:08 PM
Rather face the Rockets. Clippers is always a tough match-up, that they can beat us both inside and outside, and that Chris Paul is still there to wreak havoc on the court. Three-point shooting, I assume, is easier to stop than having to plan for bigs as well as shooters. So Rockets anytime.

Gummi Clutch
12-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Based on PD, MOV, SOS, etc, so far, it's

Tier 1: Warriors
Tier 2: Spurs, Clippers, Rockets, Jazz
Tier 3: Thunder, Grizzlies
Thespurs is the only tier 1 team in the WC. Especially after we trade Kiwi for a star player. I think the rocket can beat us but it would be difficult, more possible pre-Kiwi trade though

exstatic
12-31-2016, 03:13 PM
The key for the clips has been Reddick. We could always collapse their PnR by digging down before he got there. That's why we won pretty handily.

BillMc
12-31-2016, 10:02 PM
God lord,what a free fall for the clips. It is one thing to lose without Blake and Paul but man don't these guys have any pride? They are getting massacred.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-31-2016, 10:15 PM
A D'Antoni coached team never truly scares me.

But LAC can come get some too if they wanna keep fucking around.

Fuck 'em both.

Kawhitstorm
12-31-2016, 10:28 PM
A D'Antoni coached team never truly scares me.

But LAC can come get some too if they wanna keep fucking around.

Fuck 'em both.

Hill keeps getting injured (just got concussed) so the Jazz "core" can also get it in the 1st rd.:lol

Mr. Body
01-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Just came across this vid and thought this was a good place to drop it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RATAgZRMCnE

Both guys were fantastic on Harden with just a couple of lapses here and there. I'm not worried about Houston at all.

A game the Spurs were down ten late and somehow scratched it out?

Chinook
01-01-2017, 02:24 AM
A game the Spurs were down ten late and somehow scratched it out?

They were a LMA shrinking moment from being 3-0 against Houston. Not remotely worried about them.

bklynspursfan
01-01-2017, 02:32 AM
They were a LMA shrinking moment from being 3-0 against Houston. Not remotely worried about them.

Agreed. clips are the obvious tougher matchup

Canyonero
01-01-2017, 09:08 AM
It's not likely that both LAC and HOU would avoid the fourth or fifth seed. Obviously, the easiest way to avoid them would be for them to lose in the first round, though. But I didn't think we were assuming that.

The Clips are in the middle of a meltdown. They could easily finish 6th/7th.

spursistan
01-06-2017, 09:52 PM
Doc is the type of dude that would tank for the 7th seed ala Hollins circa 2011.:lol

Clips are lock into 4th/5th seed..Mem/OKC are both fizzling and the Jazz can't stay healthy (Will Hill even play 50 games this season? :lol)

The Rockets, however, are going to give us a serious push for that 2nd seed..They haven't had any letdowns thus far despite losing Capela, winning all games they supposed to win and not having any bad losses..That's usually a mark of a great team..

In retrospect Spurs sweeping them on road this season--where they are 15-3 in their building-- was really impressive..That final game in season series could be huge for tiebreak purposes....

Kawhitstorm
01-06-2017, 11:00 PM
Clips are lock into 4th/5th seed

I hope they stay there, it going to be fun watching Choke-P getting cucked by Curry.:lol

OKC is most likely going to be the 7th seed which should be a revenge series for the Spurs.:toast

The Rockets, however, are going to give us a serious push for that 2nd seed..They haven't had any letdowns thus far despite losing Capela, winning all games they supposed to win and not having any bad losses..That's usually a mark of a great team..

Rockets have two injury prone players that are a key part of the team (Gordon/Anderson) which might rear it ugly side before the season is over ala the Cripples.

As far as Capela, when Nene is healthy & Harrell is bringing it every night they can get by without him. Nene is also another injury prone player who might be out 6 weeks w/ a soft tissue injury anytime soon.:lol

Snaq O'Meal
01-07-2017, 01:37 AM
Rather face the Rockets. Clippers is always a tough match-up, that they can beat us both inside and outside, and that Chris Paul is still there to wreak havoc on the court. Three-point shooting, I assume, is easier to stop than having to plan for bigs as well as shooters. So Rockets anytime.

The Clips have beaten the Spurs with or without CP3. Its the Doc vs Pop matchup that I'm most worried about.

spursistan
01-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Yeah, this question is easy right now..Rockets are too undisciplined, too reliant on threes falling in large volume to win in the postseason..They just let Grizz reel them in from from 15 point deficit..

Let's hope they stay in 3rd seed..there are early signs of fatigue setting in for Houston..

spursistan
01-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Midway through the season, this is how I see the West playoffs bracket shaking out (Utah and Memphis competition for 5th seed is the most difficult to call).

Round 1

(1) GSW over (8) Portland in 4 ( in 5 if Blazers trade for a rim protector)..
(4) LAC over (5) Memphis in 7 (think Grizzlies win in 6, if CP3 or Blake aren't %100 healthy)

(3) Houston over (6) Jazz in 6
(2) Spurs over (7) OKC in 5

WCSF

(1) Warriors over (4) Clippers in 6 (or Grizzlies in 5)
(2) Spurs over (3) Houston in 6

WCF

(1) Warriors over (2) Spurs in 6..

100%duncan
01-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Yeah, this question is easy right now..Rockets are too undisciplined, too reliant on threes falling in large volume to win in the postseason..They just let Grizz reel them in from from 15 point deficit..

Let's hope they stay in 3rd seed..there are early signs of fatigue setting in for Houston..

This should never have been a question in the first place. Harden is mvp but he is just one player while we have problems with cp3, blake, reddick, rivers and their main style of play which is either pick n rolling or chucking and making it :lol plus d antoni is to pop like pop is to doc

Kawhitstorm
01-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Felt_On, who signed for the minimum, would have been the best PG on the Spurs roster but PATFO would rather pay Manure 15 mill.:lmao

YGWHI
01-17-2017, 12:39 AM
Felt_On, who signed for the minimum, would have been the best PG on the Spurs roster but PATFO would rather pay Manure 15 mill.:lmao

Don't forget that Houston is paying 13M for Eric Gordon.

But on ST...we can read other guys saying "but b-u-t where you would find a good guard like Parker or Manu for less than 13-14M"???

apalisoc_9
01-17-2017, 02:02 AM
The Rockets is not a one man team. Gordon has been going bonkers on everyone in the league. He's benefiting from this playstyle as much as Harden.

The spurs probably win it still, but they're not an easy team to beat...

skin27
01-17-2017, 06:29 AM
Don't forget d'antoni has the law of averages against pop and this might be the year d'antoni beat pop in the playoffs..

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Don't forget d'antoni has the law of averages against pop and this might be the year d'antoni beat pop in the playoffs..

This is true, and also Spurs are good at avenging playoff losses.

NameLess Scrub
01-17-2017, 08:21 AM
This should never have been a question in the first place. Harden is mvp but he is just one player while we have problems with cp3, blake, reddick, rivers and their main style of play which is either pick n rolling or chucking and making it :lol plus d antoni is to pop like pop is to doc

Precisely.

In fact, if they fall to 7th seed due to struggling and injuries, that would be the way they get to play the Spurs this year.

They probably even want it. They know they've choked every season and their playoff highlight is hopefully playing the Spurs so they can make tons of long 2s and get help from Pop when they lose momentum via untimely hack-a-Jordans.

Seventyniner
01-17-2017, 08:25 AM

But on ST...we can read other guys saying "but b-u-t where you would find a good guard like Parker or Manu for less than 13-14M"???

The Spurs could never have had this same team but with Gordon instead of Manu. Salaries aren't always completely fungible, that generally only happens when you choose one FA over another.

Seventyniner
01-17-2017, 08:26 AM
I guess this is the place to post this: I don't fear the Clippers in the playoffs at all. Not one little bit. It took Parker and Splitter being at 50% or less for the Clips to squeak by in 2015.

And all of the "Clips are a terrible matchup for the Spurs" stuff is overblown. Remember the 2014 regular season and then playoff series against the Thunder.

BillMc
01-17-2017, 11:03 AM
I guess this is the place to post this: I don't fear the Clippers in the playoffs at all. Not one little bit. It took Parker and Splitter being at 50% or less for the Clips to squeak by in 2015.

And all of the "Clips are a terrible matchup for the Spurs" stuff is overblown. Remember the 2014 regular season and then playoff series against the Thunder.

I agree. FWIW, they may sink farther in the standings too if Paul's thumb is messed up. MRI today.

Hoops Czar
01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
I agree. FWIW, they may sink farther in the standings too if Paul's thumb is messed up. MRI today.
6-8 weeks sounds kind of messed up.

BatManu20
01-17-2017, 07:48 PM

Kawhitstorm
01-17-2017, 08:13 PM

7th seed:bang

LoneStarState'sPride
01-17-2017, 09:08 PM

Fuck lob city tbh. They had to play out of their minds to beat us in 7 when we were noticeably hobbled. Would welcome the opportunity to punk them.

BillMc
01-17-2017, 09:12 PM
6-8 weeks sounds kind of messed up.

Damn. The Clips are doomed.

Mr. Body
01-17-2017, 11:02 PM
I think they have to break it up. Let Paul walk, etc.

cjw
01-17-2017, 11:11 PM

Is $14mm too much for Manu? Yes. But how many times does it have to be repeated before it sinks in that it didn't matter what Manu was paid because they used his Bird Rights and could pay him whatever they wanted and it didn't impact other signings. Once Pau was signed, any player like Gordon was out of the question.

If I hear Manu and $14mm one more time...

$pursDynasty
01-17-2017, 11:18 PM
We need some team at the bottom of the west to get hot and knock the Clips out the playoffs period

YGWHI
01-18-2017, 12:55 AM
If I hear Manu and $14mm one more time...

Manu $14mm

So what...I'm waiting :D

YGWHI
01-18-2017, 12:58 AM
It's fine. Just kidding.

Robz4000
01-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Clippers in the first round would be nightmarish. This team needs to hope the Grizz end up at 7 or one of Denver/Portland manages to overtake the Clippers. An easy (or relatively easy with the Grizz) first round series to get into a playoff rhythm would do wonders for the Spurs imo.

TD 21
01-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Obviously terrible news for the Spurs, as there's a good chance they'll fall to 7th, although it's too soon to say with any certainty. Griffin is due back at the end of the month and they're currently up 4 in the loss column on that seed.

As usual, incredible luck for the Warriors, who will probably only have to face one elite team en route to the Finals. They'll also miss him in 3 regular season meetings, which will make it about 37 star or key players missing games against them already. Unbelievable.

YGWHI
01-18-2017, 03:12 AM
If the Spurs offseason target will be CP3... IDK. He's still awesome but fragile af.

Snaq O'Meal
01-18-2017, 03:20 AM
Obviously terrible news for the Spurs, as there's a good chance they'll fall to 7th, although it's too soon to say with any certainty. Griffin is due back at the end of the month and they're currently up 4 in the loss column on that seed.

As usual, incredible luck for the Warriors, who will probably only have to face one elite team en route to the Finals. They'll also miss him in 3 regular season meetings, which will make it about 37 star or key players missing games against them already. Unbelievable.

The Spurs can have that same "luck" as the Warriors if they work hard enough and take every game seriously to secure the top seed. That's something Pop should consider instead of always flying under the radar and then crashing before reaching higher altitudes.

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2017, 04:02 AM
Clippers in the first round would be nightmarish. This team needs to hope the Grizz end up at 7 or one of Denver/Portland manages to overtake the Clippers. An easy (or relatively easy with the Grizz) first round series to get into a playoff rhythm would do wonders for the Spurs imo.

There is no way the Cripples are going to be a 41 win team when they will most likely have Blake by the end of this month along w/ Felton being a serviceable backup.:lol

Let's just hope that WestBrick has blown his load & that OKC won't be better than a .500 team the rest of the way. A tried WestBrick in the first rd being matched up w/ Kawhi is checkmate especially in a revenge series.

Kawhitstorm
01-18-2017, 04:10 AM

Jazz/Grizz might not be an inferior opponent to the Duds considering the Cripples don't have any legit 2-way wing players & are a bunch of mental midget who display their inferiority complex in that matchup when things aren't going their way.:lol

A HEALTHY Jazz team can take them to hard fought 6 games while the Grizz would lay some wood on them even if they get swept.

cjw
01-18-2017, 05:00 AM
It's fine. Just kidding.

In all seriousness, we could be a franchise with an actual awful contract. Parker and Pau are overpaid heading into next season but expiring and nothing to the effect of guys like Noah (unplayable and hurt) and that Turner/Crabbe combo the Blazers wasted all their cap space on (playable, but sure bet they wish they had a mulligan).

TD 21
01-18-2017, 06:37 PM
The Spurs can have that same "luck" as the Warriors if they work hard enough and take every game seriously to secure the top seed. That's something Pop should consider instead of always flying under the radar and then crashing before reaching higher altitudes.

:lmao The Warriors work harder than the Spurs based on what? Hard work has nothing to do with having pristine health for extended stretches, your opponents regularly missing star or key players versus you, or winning a championship without having to face a single fellow elite team (Cavaliers didn't count because they were missing Irving after game 1, as well as Love and Varejao throughout).

Jazz/Grizz might not be an inferior opponent to the Duds considering the Cripples don't have any legit 2-way wing players & are a bunch of mental midget who display their inferiority complex in that matchup when things aren't going their way.:lol

A HEALTHY Jazz team can take them to hard fought 6 games while the Grizz would lay some wood on them even if they get swept.

They're clearly inferior to a healthy Clippers, who posses a combination of star power, experience and given their playoff history, motivation, that teams the caliber of the Jazz/Grizzlies can't match.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 02:25 AM
They're clearly inferior to a healthy Clippers, who posses a combination of star power, experience and given their playoff history, motivation, that teams the caliber of the Jazz/Grizzlies can't match.

It's about matchups, the Jazz matchup better b/c they have MULTIPLE 2-way wing players & Gobert/Favors/Lyles are very mobile. Draymond also can't guard Favors on the block while he can stand his ground against Blake.

sz3SHyxoK8o

When Hill has been in the line up their offense has also been pretty potent b/c Gobert has become a major PnR threat.

knRsjXB6bpw

They also have the X-Factor in Boris::lol

jJMhWVS7t4g

Meanwhile, the Clippers can't get stops against the Duds b/c they sorely lack 2-way wing defenders which is why they have lost multiple games in that matchup even when their offense is rolling.

MaNu4Tres
01-19-2017, 02:44 AM

Spurs paid Manu with house money since he was last to sign and because they had his bird rights.

It was Gasol or Gordon or a wing like Gordon. Spurs chose Gasol. They couldn't sign Gasol and a wing for around the same price as Gordon.. hell they couldn't afford even half of what Gordon is getting paid.

TD 21
01-19-2017, 04:04 PM
It's about matchups, the Jazz matchup better b/c they have MULTIPLE 2-way wing players & Gobert/Favors/Lyles are very mobile. Draymond also can't guard Favors on the block while he can stand his ground against Blake.

sz3SHyxoK8o

When Hill has been in the line up their offense has also been pretty potent b/c Gobert has become a major PnR threat.

knRsjXB6bpw

They also have the X-Factor in Boris::lol

jJMhWVS7t4g

Meanwhile, the Clippers can't get stops against the Duds b/c they sorely lack 2-way wing defenders which is why they have lost multiple games in that matchup even when their offense is rolling.

That's original. Does "defense win championships" too?

All things being relatively equal, it's about match-ups; but first and foremost, it's about talent. The only way to beat a team like the Warriors in a series, is by also having multiple future Hall-of-Famers. The Jazz don't have a player in the same stratosphere as Paul or Griffin, nor do they have any collective playoff experience.

The Jazz might be able to give the Warriors a competitive series, the way the Pistons did the Cavaliers last season (though that was aided, at least to start, by the Cavs coasting), but ultimately that series would end in 4 or 5. The Clippers, on the other hand, probably at least have it go 6 games before succumbing.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 04:45 PM
All things being relatively equal, it's about match-ups; but first and foremost, it's about talent. The only way to beat a team like the Warriors in a series, is by also having multiple future Hall-of-Famers. The Jazz don't have a player in the same stratosphere as Paul or Griffin, nor do they have any collective playoff experience.

Cripples are checkmated b/c they need to play their best wing defender 40 minutes but he's a MAJOR liability on offense. The Clippers also play halfcourt rather than feasting in transition like OKC so he's going to be exposed like Tony Allen rather than being hidden like Roberson (who was exposed when Dominos/Westbrick started playing ISO ball in Gm 6/7).

The Jazz are more like the Grizz who were up 2-1 on the Duds even w/ Conley/Allen not being a 100% & not having any wing scorers unlike the Jazz. (Z-Bo/Marc were also not as mobile as Gobert/Favors) In order for the Jazz to have a shot at winning the series, Favors would have to go beast mode (not necessarily put up similar numbers) like Z-Bo did against the Spurs in 2011 when the Grizz were in the playoff for the first time since the Pau era.

As far as the Pistons comparison, Reggie Jackson was cancerous in that series & his non-defense playing ass got destroyed by Kyrie. Drummond was also pretty underwhelming & they got nothing from their bench beside Stanley Johnson. If you want to make another Leastern Conference comparison, the Jazz are more like the All-Star Hibbert+West Pacers whose point guard was also Hill & had two talented wing players. (Jazz have more depth & a better coach)

TD 21
01-19-2017, 05:08 PM
Cripples are checkmated b/c they need to play their best wing defender 40 minutes but he's a MAJOR liability on offense. The Clippers also play halfcourt rather than feasting in transition like OKC so he's going to be exposed like Tony Allen rather than being hidden like Roberson (who was exposed when Dominos/Westbrick started playing ISO ball in Gm 6/7).

The Jazz are more like the Grizz who were up 2-1 on the Duds even w/ Conley/Allen not being a 100% & not having any wing scorers unlike the Jazz. (Z-Bo/Marc were also not as mobile as Gobert/Favors) In order for the Jazz to have a shot at winning the series, Favors would have to go beast mode (not necessarily put up similar numbers) like Z-Bo did against the Spurs in 2011 when the Grizz were in the playoff for the first time since the Pau era.

As far as the Pistons comparison, Reggie Jackson was cancerous in that series & his non-defense playing ass got destroyed by Kyrie. Drummond was also pretty underwhelming & they got nothing from their bench beside Stanley Johnson. If you want to make another Leastern Conference comparison, the Jazz are more like the All-Star Hibbert+West Pacers whose point guard was also Hill & had two talented wing players. (Jazz have more depth & a better coach)

A post without a :lol ? :wow

All true, but you're underestimating the ability of elite player(s) to cover up weaknesses. The Thunder supposedly had far too many to beat the Spurs, let alone push the Warriors to the brink, yet they did just that because they had two elite players. Sure, there were other reasons, but they were the most important ones.

The Jazz always get compared to the Grizzlies and though there's no doubt various similarities, they're actually more well rounded. But the Grizzlies were a collectively experienced playoff team by '15 and the Warriors were neophytes in the role of championship contender, let alone favorites. Once they got over the stage fright, it was a wrap.

I'm not comparing the Jazz and Pistons, just their predicament against their respective conference's favorite.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 05:31 PM
All true, but you're underestimating the ability of elite player(s) to cover up weaknesses. The Thunder supposedly had far too many to beat the Spurs, let alone push the Warriors to the brink, yet they did just that because they had two elite players. Sure, there were other reasons, but they were the most important ones.

Besides Kanter abusing the Turd Towers, the Spurs lost b/c Waiters turned into 2012 James Harden in Gm 4/5 when Roberson was unplayable. It's not a coincidence that Waiters couldn't buy a shot in Gm 5-7 & Dominos/WestBrick reverted to ISO ball which led to their demise.

Had Waiters played in the regular season like he played in Gm 4/5 then OKC would have been a 65 win team instead of the 55 win team. Let's also not forget the Turd Towers were the PERFECT matchup for Kanter b/c they couldn't expose him on the other end.

Otherwise, WestBrick had a NEGATIVE net rating in that series & had a miserable shooting percentage when Kawhi was his primary defender. He looked like '93 Jordan in the first 4 games of the WCF after being freed from those shackles.

As far as the Cripples, it's been proven than Choke-P can't guard Curry & DeAndre looks like a fish out of water when he has to guard the high PnR. Not to mention Choke-P is going to have to expend a lot of injury guarding Curry & attacking switches against the best switching defense in the league.

TD 21
01-19-2017, 05:42 PM
Besides Kanter abusing the Turd Towers, the Spurs lost b/c Waiters turned into 2012 James Harden in Gm 4/5 when Roberson was unplayable. It's not a coincidence that Waiters couldn't buy a shot in Gm 5-7 & Dominos/WestBrick reverted to ISO ball which led to their demise.

Had Waiters played in the regular season, like he played in Gm 4/5 then OKC would have been a 65 win team instead of the 55 win team. Let's also not forget the Turd Towers were the PERFECT matchup for Kanter b/c they couldn't expose him on the other end.

I knew you'd say this, but the reality is, it all would have been for naught if they didn't have two superstars. That is almost always the most important ingredient to being an elite team, beating an elite team(s) in a series or winning a championship.

Kawhitstorm
01-19-2017, 05:59 PM
I knew you'd say this, but the reality is, it all would have been for naught if they didn't have two superstars. That is almost always the most important ingredient to being an elite team, beating an elite team(s) in a series or winning a championship.

The Nuggets beat a 63 win Sonics team b/c they had a defensive monster in the middle who wasn't exactly a "superstar" similar to Gobert.

In any case, my ORIGINAL point was that the Cripples don't even have the requisite pieces to make it a series:

Are they going to put Rivers on Durant when Moute is shooting bricks?:lmao (That's been their solution so far::lol)

The issue w/ Waiters was his inconsistent production rather than talent but he turned into a dependable 2-way player in the postseason. If he didn't show up then OKC would have lost to the Spurs (he even hit a dagger shot in Gm 2).

TD 21
01-19-2017, 06:14 PM
The Nuggets beat a 63 win Sonics team b/c they had a defensive monster in the middle who wasn't exactly a "superstar" similar to Gobert.

In any case, my ORIGINAL point was that the Cripples don't even have the requisite pieces to make it a series:

Are they going to put Rivers on Durant when Moute is shooting bricks?:lmao (That's been their solution so far::lol)

The issue w/ Waiters was his inconsistent production rather than talent but he turned into a dependable 2-way player in the postseason. If he didn't show up then OKC would have lost to the Spurs (he even hit a dagger shot in Gm 2).

The '94 Supersonics weren't the '17 Warriors and it was best of 5 in the 1st round back then.

I don't deny the Clippers issues in this matchup, but when you have two top ten players, the core four they do and the collective playoff experience and motivation (because of their playoff history) they do, you can give anyone a series, even with a multitude of match-up issues.

spursistan
01-20-2017, 11:52 AM

It is utterly insane how, outside last year's final, almost every break has gone this team's way since the start of 2014-2015 season..Those pricks' injury luck--both ways-- has been disgustingly good, and it fuckin irks me...The Warriors top 6 players (KD/Curry/Durant/Dray/Thompson/Iggy/Livingston) have missed a combined TWO games this season due to minor ailments..That's it.. (KD/Curry, none)..

TD 21
01-20-2017, 06:16 PM
It is utterly insane how, outside last year's final, almost every break has gone this team's way since the start of 2014-2015 season..Those pricks' injury luck--both ways-- has been disgustingly good, and it fuckin irks me...The Warriors top 6 players (KD/Curry/Durant/Dray/Thompson/Iggy/Livingston) have missed a combined TWO games this season due to minor ailments..That's it.. (KD/Curry, none)..

It reminds me of the pre '13 playoffs Thunder. It all evened out for them in the next 2 years.

The difference is, with the acquisition of Durant, even if it begins to even out for the Warriors, they could probably sustain an injury to one of their big 4 (with the possible exception of Green, considering their other bigs) and still at least make the Finals. Even 2 and they'd still have a legit chance, so long as they still had at least one of Curry or Durant.

spursistan
01-26-2017, 01:24 AM
The Rockets are 3-6 in last 9 games..a cute regular season team as there has ever been..I would rather face them in second round over 'Det core' for that matter..

A hobbled Clippers would still scare theshit out of me in a series even more than the Cavs :lol

Mikeanaro
01-26-2017, 01:29 AM
Crockets

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2017, 02:05 AM
The Rockets are 3-6 in last 9 games..a cute regular season team as there has ever been..I would rather face them in second round over 'Det core' for that matter..

Unless Anderson/Gordon are BOTH going off, the Rockets aren't better than OKC.:lol

Cripples have had a the 2nd easiest schedule in the league & their schedule until Choke-P3 comes back is brutal so they are most likely not moving up to the 3rd seed but the Jazz could leap frog both the Cripples/Rockets as they should be able to make a run in February once they get Hood back.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2017, 02:41 AM
It reminds me of the pre '13 playoffs Thunder. It all evened out for them in the next 2 years.

The difference is, with the acquisition of Durant, even if it begins to even out for the Warriors, they could probably sustain an injury to one of their big 4 (with the possible exception of Green, considering their other bigs) and still at least make the Finals. Even 2 and they'd still have a legit chance, so long as they still had at least one of Curry or Durant.

If Dominos get injured, they can just start Iggy. If Gaymond gets injured, they would have to start :lolD-Worst:lol

r0drig0lac
01-26-2017, 05:32 AM
people afraid of rockets http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

TD 21
01-26-2017, 07:29 PM
If Dominos get injured, they can just start Iggy. If Gaymond gets injured, they would have to start :lolD-Worst:lol

Nah, they'd probably start McCaw, keep the 2nd unit intact and just slide Durant up to power forward, since Kerr is adverse to playing a single meaningful second without a four that can space to three.

Like the Heat's big three, for a team that loves to play small, they're inexplicably overloaded with bigs, but unlike them, the imbalance doesn't come into play because of their absurd luck with injuries for/against.

BillMc
01-26-2017, 07:38 PM
people afraid of rockets :lol

This. 5 games max

spursistan
01-30-2017, 07:07 AM
The Clippers would foolish if they don't tank out of Golden State bracket..:lol

At this point, it is no brainer a Rockets/Spurs path even without HC is easier than Jazz/GSW..if LAC are healthy, i could see them take out the former two teams in 6/5 games respectively..

Kawhitstorm
01-30-2017, 05:10 PM
The Clippers would foolish if they don't tank out of Golden State bracket..:lol

At this point, it is no brainer a Rockets/Spurs path even without HC is easier than Jazz/GSW..if LAC are healthy, i could see them take out the former two teams in 6/5 games respectively..

Cripples are playing as bad as they could possible play but they are still have a 2.5 game cushion over the Grizz who are the only team that could realistically overtake them for the 5th seed. Unless the Grizz go on a hot streak, I don't see the Cripples tanking when they need to get their mojo back once Choke-P3 returns.

If anything, they might try to overtake the Rockets & get homecourt for the first 2 rds which should help the Spurs cause since they are most likely not catching the Rockets who got lucky that their struggles coincided w/ the Cripples' injuries so still have a 3.5 game cushion.

spursistan
02-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Cripples are playing as bad as they could possible play but they are still have a 2.5 game cushion over the Grizz who are the only team that could realistically overtake them for the 5th seed. Unless the Grizz go on a hot streak, I don't see the Cripples tanking when they need to get their mojo back once Choke-P3 returns.

If anything, they might try to overtake the Rockets & get homecourt for the first 2 rds which should help the Spurs cause since they are most likely not catching the Rockets who got lucky that their struggles coincided w/ the Cripples' injuries so still have a 3.5 game cushion.

Yep..Rockets have lucked out big time with CP3 injury. they have been steadily regressing to the team who we thought they were..As long as the Clippers are within reach of that 3rd seed, they won't tank all the way to bottom 4 seeds. That may not even be an option since OKC are about to implode themselves with Kanter out for next month and half..

TXstbobcat
02-03-2017, 11:03 AM
As it stands now it would be OKC in the 1st round and Rockets in the 2nd round. Spurs would take care of OKC and get revenge for last year it should take care of Houston in five games To get the WCF matchup with GS.

BillMc
02-03-2017, 01:57 PM
As it stands now it would be OKC in the 1st round and Rockets in the 2nd round. Spurs would take care of OKC and get revenge for last year it should take care of Houston in five games To get the WCF matchup with GS.
This.

spursistan
02-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Impressive win by the Clips in Utah...It looks like they are going to stay afloat for 4th-5th seed finish. There is no chance for them to fall to 7th seed unless CP3/Blake are out for the season and equally very remote one to catch Houston for the 3rd seed short of + 1 month-injury layoff to Harden..

So far the playoff brackets is a best case scenario from a Spurs perspective; it is about time they start to lock in and gear up for the postseason..This team, as a whole, hasn't played consistent good basketball in 2017..

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Houston has the same offensive flaws as the Spurs, but to an even higher degree, which is why I find it funny that some posters shit on the Spurs but act like Houston is a juggernaut:lol..it's Harden + role players, no other shot-creator outside of a shaky Eric Gordon(Aldridge in a bad offensive season is still far better than anybody Houston has outside of Harden)..it's essentially Harden + a team full of Danny Greens and Dedmons..

Clippers will always be scary, especially since it appears that Griffin is back in form..Redick looks off, though, but that could just be a product of Chris Paul being out(he's not going to get looks playing off Austin Rivers)..

spursistan
02-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Houston has the same offensive flaws as the Spurs, but to an even higher degree, which is why I find it funny that some posters shit on the Spurs but act like Houston is a juggernaut:lol..it's Harden + role players, no other shot-creator outside of a shaky Eric Gordon(Aldridge in a bad offensive season is still far better than anybody Houston has outside of Harden)..it's essentially Harden + a team full of Danny Greens and Dedmons..

Clippers will always be scary, especially since it appears that Griffin is back in form..Redick looks off, though, but that could just be a product of Chris Paul being out(he's not going to get looks playing off Austin Rivers)..

The Clippers weirdly scare the shit out of me more than the the Cavs :lol...Glad they are likely going to run into Golden State, tbh..So far doesn't seem like Doc is tanking to get out of their way..

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2017, 11:34 AM
The Clippers weirdly scare the shit out of me more than the the Cavs :lol...Glad they are likely going to run into Golden State, tbh..So far doesn't seem like Doc is tanking to get out of their way..

Ya, I don't think Clippers would get past Memphis and probably wouldn't beat Houston, either..

They wouldn't have any problems vs. Utah in a 4-5 matchup, though, but ya, like you said, they'll get destroyed vs. Golden State..

lebomb
02-14-2017, 11:35 AM

Clippers

TD 21
02-14-2017, 05:57 PM
The difference between the Spurs and Rockets offensively is, while they both might be heavily reliant on one player, their one is a far better play maker for others. Don't get me wrong, overall I'd rather have Leonard; but if an offense is tied so heavily to one player, I'd rather it be someone who's both a dynamic scorer and play maker.

Luckily, even though you wouldn't know it based on much of this season, the Spurs could still potentially be more than that offensively; the Rockets can't.

It's not weird at all. I'm not trying to diminish their feat, which was still highly impressive, but the Cavaliers are overrated because a bunch of things conspired simultaneously and they won the championship last season. They were still the 4th best team then and they probably are now, though I'd still give them better championship odds than the Spurs, because they're far more likely to be in the Finals and until proven otherwise, have a player with a gear like no other.

It's looking good for the Clippers being out of the Spurs bracket, which means aside from significant injury, there's no good reason for this team to not make the Western Conference Final.

spursistan
02-14-2017, 06:07 PM
The difference between the Spurs and Rockets offensively is, while they both might be heavily reliant on one player, their one is a far better play maker for others. Don't get me wrong, overall I'd rather have Leonard; but if an offense is tied so heavily to one player, I'd rather it be someone who's both a dynamic scorer and play maker.

Luckily, even though you wouldn't know it based on much of this season, the Spurs could still potentially be more than that offensively; the Rockets can't.

It's not weird at all. I'm not trying to diminish their feat, which was still highly impressive, but the Cavaliers are overrated because a bunch of things conspired simultaneously and they won the championship last season. They were still the 4th best team then and they probably are now, though I'd still give them better championship odds than the Spurs, because they're far more likely to be in the Finals and until proven otherwise, have a player with a gear like no other.

It's looking good for the Clippers being out of the Spurs bracket, which means aside from significant injury, there's no good reason for this team to not make the Western Conference Final.

Yeah I said that in a thread downstairs: the Clippers has a "sleeping giant" potential who is due in terms of playoff lucky breaks going their way for once..Let Golden State deal with that punch..It's looking good for us so far bracket-wise: A Western Conference Finals in Year 1 post-Timmy would be deemed a succees..

My current summary appraisal of the league balance power:

Regular season Power rankings:

1- Warriors

2- Spurs

3- Cavs
4- Houston

5- Celtics
6- Clippers
7- Jazz
8- Wizards

9- Raptors
10- Grizzlies

Playoff Ceiling:

1- Warriors (title favorites despite looking thin and bully-able in the interior + question marks about their mental fortitude (KD)/stability (Raymond)

2- Cavs ('Bron is the best in the game until further notice..the regression of their role players and defense is very concerning..same for Love/Kyrie health)
3- Clippers (sleeping giants, when healthy, who are "due".but that gaping hole in SF position is going to kill them)
4- Spurs (guard play, PnR D, and Playoff Pop are mortal flaws)

5 - Wizards (they have the talent and their core is lowkey playoff-tested from previous runs)
6- Houston (they probably have the least translatable basketball style to the playoffs of any other teams)
7- Boston (haven't done shit in playoffs, and good luck banking on 5'9" PG to carry you there)
8- Memphis (proven, rugged and more versatile..pencil them in for seven-game series in 1st round)

9- Jazz ("Det core" first rodeo..Don't think they have enough offense to win a series especially against a healthy Clippers team)
10- Raptors (short of trade to address their shitty front court; they will be a potential 1st round fodder)

dabom
02-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Could the Cavs beat OKC, Houston, Warriors, then Spurs? If they switched conference? :lol

Let's be realistic here. :lol

TD 21
02-14-2017, 11:25 PM
Yeah I said that in a thread downstairs: the Clippers has a "sleeping giant" potential who is due in terms of playoff lucky breaks going their way for once..Let Golden State deal with that punch..It's looking good for us so far bracket-wise: A Western Conference Finals in Year 1 post-Timmy would be deemed a succees..

My current summary appraisal of the league balance power:

I've been calling it since the off season. Even though their psyche is clearly fractured versus the Warriors, I still think that if they're healthy, they'll give them a difficult series. Even if it doesn't go that long, the Warriors aren't going to be able to beat them in cruise control.

Agree with your summary appraisal.

spursistan
02-22-2017, 05:44 PM

Damn, the Clippers are not completely out of it..Watch him sit out vs the Warriors and play the second game of the B2B against us..

DenialTwist
02-23-2017, 05:01 AM
Expecting another Spurs blowout loss to the Clippers, just like last season around this time. CP3 is going to roast TP, Griffin will get the best of LMA, and Mbah will play good defense on Kawhi. Clippers just have the Spurs number.

gambit1990
02-23-2017, 10:29 AM
i've been wondering if cp3 would be available to play against us. i hope he is.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2017, 10:03 AM
I think the Rockets are the tougher matchup now, and it's not really close.

They have the coaching advantage in the playoffs. Their bench has two 6MOY candidates compared to our defensive liabilities in Mills/Ginobili. They average 40.0 3PA/game compared to the Spurs 22.5 3PA/game. They lead the league in free throw attempts and get away with blatant flopping. Harden will get to rest defensively when he hides on Danny Green. Any chance of MVParker showing up with get stomped by Patrick Beverley. They have Ariza guarding Kawhi...

Chinook
02-24-2017, 10:20 AM
The Rockets may not make it out of the first round. They are set to play a smart veteran team with good defensive guards. I anticipate that being the closest out of every series in the first round.

DPG21920
02-24-2017, 10:26 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Clippers bounce back when healthy. They just "feel" like a team to me that is on thin ice. Lot's of trade rumors, injuries, getting completely owned and bullied by GS. LAC seems like a talented but fragile team on the verge of realizing their "run" never really materialized.

Chinook
02-24-2017, 10:35 AM
It will be interesting to see if the Clippers bounce back when healthy. They just "feel" like a team to me that is on thin ice. Lot's of trade rumors, injuries, getting completely owned and bullied by GS. LAC seems like a talented but fragile team on the verge of realizing their "run" never really materialized.

I don't think they're about to realize anything. All three of their pending FAs have reportedly committed to re-up for huge deals already.

SpursFan86
02-24-2017, 10:36 AM

Meh, I think if CP3 comes back and stays healthy, they don't really have much to worry about. I mean no, they won't be beating GS or anything...but they'll have a good shot at beating us or Houston. I just shudder thinking of us having to deal with CP3 running PnRs with Blake/DJ while Pop insists on playing Pau over Dedmon.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2017, 10:38 AM
"When the Clippers are healthy" is becoming the new "When Splitter is healthy"

DPG21920
02-24-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't think they're about to realize anything. All three of their pending FAs have reportedly committed to re-up for huge deals already.

Things change. And even if so sometimes money matters more than winning (Melo). I'm taking from an on court performance perspective.

Chinook
02-24-2017, 12:49 PM
Things change. And even if so sometimes money matters more than winning (Melo). I'm taking from an on court performance perspective.

I know. I mean that everyone seems keen on doing for another few years. No one got traded. No one's taking less money to bring another piece in. I think they're blaming injuries pretty hard core for their lack of success.

sasaint
02-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I know. I mean that everyone seems keen on doing for another few years. No one got traded. No one's taking less money to bring another piece in. I think they're blaming injuries pretty hard core for their lack of success.

Looking back, that is not a bad rationalization from the Clips' point of view. Looking forward, advancing age only increases the Clips' possibly needing to play that card. Their window is starting to close. One or two years more of contention, max.

BillMc
02-24-2017, 06:54 PM

They have the coaching advantage in the playoffs..

No offense man but D'Antoni is not a better playoff coach than Pop.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2017, 07:04 PM
No offense man but D'Antoni is not a better playoff coach than Pop.
Antoni > Billy Donovan

tbh

spursistan
02-28-2017, 12:37 AM
Rockets just lost at home to Indiana...They go to play the Clippers on the road next..Huge game for LAC if they want to keep their hopes alive for the 3rd Seed...I am actually rooting for them to win and narrow the gap to 3 games off Rockets; it would at least keep them engaged until the rest the season and prevent a tank out of Golden State bracket.. they would probably fall short and stay in 4th/5th seed unless Houston implode...i know a lot of us don't want to make the mistake of underestimating THE Rockets like we did with OKC last year, but I'm still absolutely and positively sure they are the easier matchup for SA..

apalisoc_9
02-28-2017, 12:42 AM
We might end up playing the mormons.

The mormons are like 12-1 when they have their starting 5 healthy. Hill has been in and out so much.

apalisoc_9
02-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Assuming we finish 2nd as expected

$pursDynasty
03-01-2017, 12:04 PM
I guess I am pulling for the Paper Clips tonight against the Rox, I don't want the Clips free falling into the 7th seed and it gives us even more cushion in the #2 seed slot, if Pop decides to go on a restapalooza late in the season.

03-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Originally I said the rockets but at this point, I rather the Spurs face the clippers so the warriors can face the rockets. Rockets are looking to be a championship contender and just need to stay hot from 3 for one series to knock off any team. Clippers would just get destroyed by the warriors like how the clippers destroy the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2017, 03:41 PM
I don't really buy the Rockets hype..how can anybody trust a team led by colossal playoff chokers?(Harden, D'Antoni, Lou Williams)

DPG21920
03-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I don't really buy the Rockets hype..how can anybody trust a team led by colossal playoff chokers?(Harden, D'Antoni, Lou Williams)

Bruh - Harden has gotten way better and he didn't choke vs the Spurs when he knocked us out. Also, they aren't led by Lou :lol. He just got there.

bklynspursfan
03-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I don't think we'd lose to either in a 7 game series with HCA tbh

DPG21920
03-01-2017, 03:50 PM
I see what you meant ^ Ya style of play is different than choking to me, but ya, from that angle HOU is less scary because if Harden is game planned for and doesn't get all the calls he normally does, it really hurts HOU as a whole.

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Houston has pretender all over it imo. Relying on 3 point shooting is a recipe for disaster unless you have great, and I mean GREAT, shooters...and they don't

PopTheGOAT
03-01-2017, 04:37 PM
For some reason, I feel like the Spurs are going to round into form down the stretch. There's been some signs of improvement in the last few games. I still would prefer HOU in the 2nd bc I think they're an easier matchup and it's better prep for GSW

DAF86
03-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Rockets looking mighty scary out there and deep as fuck. Any of their rotation guards (Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams) is better than any of our rotation guards and their front court isn't looking too shabby either with Ariza, Anderson, Capella and Nene.

Chinook
03-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Pretty much listed a C-level front court and called it good.

spursistan
03-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Rockets curb-stomping LAC..Clippers might as well stay in that 4th/5th seed range (owned the Jazz this year) and gamble on KD staying injured or 100% fit for the sceond round or SAS leapfrogging them. Trying to tank all the way to 6th/7th seed to play Spurs/Hou on the road is even more risky with the team completely in shambles and out of rhythm right now ....

DAF86
03-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Pretty much listed a C-level front court and called it good.

I would probably trade LMA for Anderson straight up at this point, tbh.

Robz4000
03-02-2017, 12:35 AM
At this point the Spurs would lose to either team tbh. LMA, Mills, Green, and Simmons need to get their shit together fast.

Chinook
03-02-2017, 12:40 AM
At this point the Spurs would lose to either team tbh. LMA, Mills, Green, and Simmons need to get their shit together fast.

This is how you're coping with the boredom of the regular season?

Robz4000
03-02-2017, 12:44 AM
This is how you're coping with the boredom of the regular season?

The Durant injury has been the only interesting development for a while tbh. Other than that and Kawhi channeling his inner-MJ this has been a pretty lackluster season. The NBA, NFL, and MLB to a lesser extent have been declining in terms of entertainment.

Mr. Body
03-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Rockets looking mighty scary out there and deep as fuck. Any of their rotation guards (Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams) is better than any of our rotation guards and their front court isn't looking too shabby either with Ariza, Anderson, Capella and Nene.

They just lost to the Pacers at home who, admittedly, aren't playing terrible lately. The Clippers are getting destroyed because the Rockets are hitting every fucking thing - and the Clippers never looked competitive.

I have doubts about this team, but they definitely are super dangerous.

spursistan
03-02-2017, 01:05 AM
837181770546233344Clippers blog want us :lol

BillMc
03-02-2017, 01:24 AM

I guess they really want to watch Spurs-Jazz in the conference semis.:lol

TheGreatYacht
03-02-2017, 10:47 AM

They have the coaching advantage in the playoffs. Their bench has two 6MOY candidates compared to our defensive liabilities in Mills/Ginobili. They average 40.0 3PA/game compared to the Spurs 22.5 3PA/game. They lead the league in free throw attempts and get away with blatant flopping. Harden will get to rest defensively when he hides on Danny Green. Any chance of MVParker showing up with get stomped by Patrick Beverley. They have Ariza guarding Kawhi...

Called it. Just cringing at our backup guards, the brick brothers, guarding Lou and Gordon....

TD 21
03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
I'd still go Clippers, because they have double the stars, significantly more pressure (could be viewed as a negative, but I've found it often propels teams) and the Spurs play with less confidence against them . . . but it really doesn't matter at this point, since they're going to be eliminated by the Warriors in the 2nd round.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM

:lol that frontcourt sucks, tbh(relatively speaking)..

And of course the Clippers want the Spurs, it's their easiest matchup outside of Utah among the top 7 teams, despite SA beating them last game..they would lose in a series vs. GS, Houston, Memphis and maybe even the shitty OKC team(all poor matchups for them)..

YGWHI
03-02-2017, 10:02 PM

Well, I don't blame them for that.

They look like shit against most teams but against us they play like three-peat Lakers or MJ Bulls...

spursistan
03-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Clips getting annihilated by the Bucks..Honestly, super max money for CP3/Blake is the only thing i can see keeping this group together this summer..they look like they have quit on Doc..

BillMc
03-03-2017, 09:10 PM
I haven't actually been watching the Clippers. They're back at full strength. Why are they such a disaster lately? Surely, they're not REALLY tanking for the Spurs?

And by the way, in the big picture, has Doc done anything DelNegro didn't? :lol He was ousted after a 55 win season because Rivers was the difference maker.

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2017, 09:14 PM
People thought these two teams were close :lol

spursistan
03-03-2017, 09:15 PM
I haven't actually been watching the Clippers. They're back at full strength. Why are they such a disaster lately? Surely, they're not REALLY tanking for the Spurs?And by the way, in the big picture, has Doc done anything DelNegro didn't? :lol He was ousted after a 55 win season because Rivers was the difference maker.Yes,sadly...Owning Pop.. :lol..

Mr. Body
03-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Clips getting annihilated by the Bucks..Honestly, super max money for CP3/Blake is the only thing i can see keeping this group together this summer..they look like they have quit on Doc..

Sixteen turnovers at the half!!!

Robz4000
03-03-2017, 09:29 PM
They're tanking for the Spurs imo.

spursistan
03-03-2017, 09:32 PM
They're tanking for the Spurs imo.Not this early, especially with Warriors now in danger of siding to 2nd seed...they have looked really shitty since the break (should have lost the Hornets too) which explain why we actually managed to squeak out a win against them while they got destroyed by Houston/GS :lol..

timtonymanu
03-06-2017, 09:56 PM
I don't know if I'm confident against Houston anymore either. Our team just doesn't have any consistent offense outside of Kawhi.

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2017, 11:22 PM
Two close wins against Houston this season.

Bigger threat to us than the washed Clips tbh

Amuseddaysleeper
03-06-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't know if I'm confident against Houston anymore either. Our team just doesn't have any consistent offense outside of Kawhi.

Would rather face the Clippers, Houston scares the hell out of me.

HarlemHeat37
03-07-2017, 01:26 AM

Houston has nothing outside of Harden, he was the only reason they were even close:lol the Spurs' questionable defensive coverage was the other reason..

I don't find the Rockets to be scary, at all, especially considering the weakness of their style in the playoffs..even when they were up by 15+, I never felt like the Spurs were out of the game, since Houston's offense is based on 3s(high variance) and they have an average defense..

dabom
03-07-2017, 01:35 AM
Clippers can find a way to beat us. :lol

spursistan
03-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Both teams can--and likely will-- beat us with the way Green/Mills are shooting the ball and Aldridge playing this soft on offense since Kawhi is going to get triple teamed 2009 Lebron-style..

Clippers are still tougher match-up on paper based on recent history, but Houston offensive ceiling is scary..They are flawed, but so was OKC last season.

Spurs could be having to worry about their defensive scheme if Dedmon doesn't regain his footing soon and Pop has no choice but reinsert Pau in the starting lineup..We closed out with D Lee last night and were lucky R. Anderson couldn't get back in the game beacuse of his back..

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Beating Cavs by 7 after 1Q. 7/15 from three in the first quarter plus a Harden 3pt flop resulting in 3 free throws

Hate this god damn team :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 09:09 PM
They can't stop Cleveland from getting to the paint. Lebron, Kyrie, and Dick Jefferson going nuclear

spursistan
03-12-2017, 09:27 PM
looks like Lebron roided up his 3pt shot..where did his come from?

spursistan
03-12-2017, 09:33 PM
They can't stop Cleveland from getting to the paint. Lebron, Kyrie, and Dick Jefferson going nuclear
Spurs are bailing out too many shitty defenses like Hou/Clips with ISO ball because they lack penetrators...it took only Manu/TP to have their legs underneath them after the AS break to pick apart LAC with LA/Kawhi sitting in 3rd Q..Looking forward to more motion offense with Aldridge on the shelf in next few games..Kawhi is the only guy that should be posted-up..

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Why the fuck is Tristan Thompson out there :lol -23, only 6rebs, terrible rim protection....

Rockets up 90-86 after 3 quarters

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 09:57 PM
No Tristan Thompson, CLE run....

He's our Deadman

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 10:06 PM
C. Frye: 8pts, 4reb, 12 minutes, +20
T. Thompson: 8pts, 6reb, 27 minutes, -23

We'll see who Lue rolls with

spursistan
03-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Rockets are a middle-class man's D'Antnoni Suns in a more convenient era for their style..

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Cleveland saying fuck attacking the paint. Who cares if it was working?

DAF86
03-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Lebron just giving the game away on the end. There goes his MVP case.

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Nene ended Tristan :wow

:lol Lue

spursistan
03-12-2017, 10:31 PM
These two teams are going to end up with 8-10 games behind the Spurs in the standings..MVP is there for the taking for Kawhi if we get that top seed..

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2017, 10:35 PM
DisnESPN and their god damn triple doubles :lol

Rockets are legit. The Cripples otoh are not.

SpursIndonesia
03-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Irving guarded by Nene in multiple possessions yet he can only come up with contested 3 point shots most of the time ??

Ice009
03-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Irving guarded by Nene in multiple possessions yet he can only come up with contested 3 point shots most of the time ??

That's what the best handles in the NBA can get ya ;). Everyone wants to shoot the 3 ball, not many players want to drive to the rack these days and do it that way.

SpursIndonesia
03-12-2017, 10:45 PM
That's what the best handles in the NBA can get ya ;). Everyone wants to shoot the 3 ball, not many players want to drive to the rack these days and do it that way.

The guy looked uninspired & disinterested on the court tonight, so did Thompson. That's quite disappointing since they are the younger guys out of the LeBron's bunch.

Ice009
03-12-2017, 10:55 PM
The guy looked uninspired & disinterested on the court tonight, so did Thompson. That's quite disappointing since they are the younger guys out of the LeBron's bunch.

Probably had enough of hearing Lebron talk about needing help. Didn't Tristan Thompson speak up about it a couple of weeks or so ago? I think they feel disrespected by Lebron.

DAF86
03-12-2017, 11:15 PM

A bigman guarding a guard is the most overrated "mismatch" in the history of basketball, tbh.

Most of the time on those situations the guards have no chance but to shoot from distance 'cause the bigmen give them space to don't get easily beat off the dribble, and since they are way taller than the guy they are guarding they can still present a decent challenge on the jumpshot.

If the guard tries to force an attack to the basket, chances are he's getting his shit rejected, tbh.

SpursIndonesia
03-13-2017, 12:46 AM
A bigman guarding a guard is the most overrated "mismatch" in the history of basketball, tbh.

Most of the time on those situations the guards have no chance but to shoot from distance 'cause the bigmen give them space to don't get easily beat off the dribble, and since they are way taller than the guy they are guarding they can still present a decent challenge on the jumpshot.

If the guard tries to force an attack to the basket, chances are he's getting his shit rejected, tbh.

If the big men are prime DRob, Hakeem, or KG, i can agree with that. But that was old & slow Nene on the perimeter (switched on high PnR), even old broken Parker made some moves against him the few times they met this season.

Yeah Nene kept some distance, but it's Kyrie Irving the young & athletic superstar PG we're talking about. It's just disappointing since he has all the tools to hang him high & dry in that situation, rather than resorting to the lottery bomb while the game is still within reach in the 4th quarter.

rjv
03-13-2017, 10:21 AM
i think the one team i would not want to see early on would be the jazz.

Ice009
03-13-2017, 11:06 AM
i think the one team i would not want to see early on would be the jazz.

Are they playing that well? I haven't watched them since early in the season.

rjv
03-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Are they playing that well? Defensively, yes, and they have the sort of personnel that can give the spurs fits. personally, i'd rather get the rockets because of how crappy they are on the defensive side of the ball and because they rely so heavily on one dimension of their offense. plus, it's D'Antoni.

ViceCity86
03-13-2017, 10:34 PM
Clippers lose and now 2 games back behind Jazz.

1st round. Jazz in 7, tbh.

spursistan
03-13-2017, 10:37 PM
Clips have dominated the Jazz in recent years, but i think Utah can make it a knock-down-drag-out 6-game series with HC...Hope they could soften them up for us should we get the top seed..

SpurPadre
03-13-2017, 10:40 PM
Clippers lose and now 2 games back behind Jazz.

1st round. Jazz in 7, tbh.

Bobo needs to do us a solid, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
03-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Can't believe some posters thought the Clippers are more dangerous smh...

spursistan
03-16-2017, 12:09 AM
Lost at home vs the Bucks with Chris Paul having "maybe he is about to be washed?" game (6pts (2-10FG)/6 TOs)..

3 games behind Utah in the standings..They might not even make it out of the first round..This Clipper team has looked like a pretender since a fluke November even when fully healthy..

TheGreatYacht
03-16-2017, 12:16 AM
Praying we don't run into either of them. Make sure to send a prayer before heading to bed

ViceCity86
03-16-2017, 12:17 AM
Lost at home vs the Bucks with Chris Paul having "maybe he is about to be washed?" game (6pts (2-10FG)/6 TOs)..

3 games behind Utah in the standings..They might not even make it out of the first round..This Clipper team has looked like a pretender since a fluke November even when fully healthy..

OKC might catch them. Looking like one and done team.

spursistan
03-16-2017, 12:43 AM

Doc tanking for the 7th seed..

spursistan
03-17-2017, 12:43 AM
The Clippers are ready to self-combust..It is pretty obvious there is some internal toxicity-- and this team is going to get blown up in the summer.

They might not even make it out of the first round...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7GI97fVAAAe274.jpg

Go get the goddamn Top Seed..smh.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2017, 12:50 AM
Would love to see them fall to sixth seed.

OKC has an easier 14 game schedule but they tend to have weeks where they close consecutive games. Memphis has looked like trash but looks like they regained some flow after the parsons injury.

spursistan
03-17-2017, 01:05 AM
Would love to see them fall to sixth seed.

OKC has an easier 14 game schedule but they tend to have weeks where they close consecutive games. Memphis has looked like trash but looks like they regained some flow after the parsons injury.

I'm also rooting for the big picture outcome : The implosion of another West contender..

If Paul/Blake bolt (likely the latter) after another early exit, they are no longer a Top 4 team in the conference...CP3 i too old to be #1 on championship team-- he could have never been even in his prime-- and Blake is too soft and injury prone to assume that role..

TheGreatYacht
03-17-2017, 01:25 AM
Clippers or Rockets? Lmao if this keeps going we'll face both

Clippers
Rockets
Warriors (no HCA)
Cavs

#prayForSA

dabom
03-17-2017, 02:24 AM

Clippers
Rockets
Warriors (no HCA)
Cavs

#prayForSA

Only way we get past the last 3 teams is if porker fakes an injury tbh...

dabom
03-17-2017, 02:27 AM
Is it possible to get okc in the first round?... would be crazy beating all the MVP candidates...

SAGirl
03-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Clippers are imploding badly apparently have lost 3 straight and have issues with inconsistent play.

spursistan
03-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Clippers are imploding badly apparently have lost 3 straight and have issues with inconsistent play.

They could really be..That such stories (Marc Stein report btw) are coming out a month before the start the playoffs with team playing poorly reflects their level of internal disarray..Players could be tired of Rivers, if not ready to quit on him. That'll probably happen at the first sign of adversity in the postseason--once again.

I don't think this team has the collective mental fortitude to flip the switch and roll in April and beyond with so much uncertainty about their future...

ViceCity86
03-18-2017, 07:12 PM
Cavs throwing the game tonight vs Clipps.

Lebron Kyrie Love all out.

Mr. Body
03-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Clips look done. That spot about Doc Rivers leaving is the death knell. I wonder now if Paul stays. They're starting to look like first rounders to me.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Cavs throwing the game tonight vs Clipps.

Lebron Kyrie Love all out.
Lebron always resting against good teams so the record w/o him looks terrible lmfao

ViceCity86
03-18-2017, 07:30 PM
ABC gets the shaft 2 weeks in a row. :lol

Van Gundy and Mark Jackson upset.

Mr. Body
03-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Clippers
Rockets
Warriors (no HCA)
Cavs

#prayForSA

That might not be a bad run. Clippers look like shit on toast. The Rockets will be tough, but play little defense. They won't play physical teams at any point.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2017, 07:33 PM
That might not be a bad run. Clippers look like shit on toast. The Rockets will be tough, but play little defense. They won't play physical teams at any point.
Clippers turn into the monstars against us though. Then they turn around and lose by 40 to the Worriers.

dabom
03-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Lebron always resting against good teams so the record w/o him looks terrible lmfao

Mr. Body
03-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Clippers turn into the monstars against us though. Then they turn around and lose by 40 to the Worriers.

You're not seeing what the Clippers are going through right now.

TheGreatYacht
03-18-2017, 07:51 PM
You're not seeing what the Clippers are going through right now.
Spurs have lost 2 out of last 4, and continue to trail to shit teams in first halves.

spursistan
03-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Rockets are peaking while the Spurs going the other direction :(..If the series starts today I think Houston win in 6 and maybe 5..

dabom
03-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Rockets are peaking while the Spurs going the other direction :(..If the series starts today I think Houston win in 6 and maybe 5..

You only give takes for hypotheticals? :lmao

ducks
03-26-2017, 05:23 PM
James Ham‏ james_Ham

Instant Replay: Kings close game on 22-3 run, stun Clippers

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Clippers were up on the Kings by 18pts with 5 minutes remaining......

Kings closed the game on a 22-3 run and won :lmao

ducks
03-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Got to be worse loss in playoffs just cost them homefield advantage against jazz

spursistan
03-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Clippers were up on the Kings by 18pts with 5 minutes remaining......

Kings closed the game on a 22-3 run and won :lmao

Looks like that team is ripe for one last gigantic choke before that core gets blown-up in the summer..:lol..The Warriors most likely sweeping them with probably a 50 points destruction in Game 4 after they all quit..

SpursIndonesia
03-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Won a hard fought battle against a wounded Jazz team yesterday only to piss it tonight with a loss against the tanking Kings. AT HOME. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Looks like that team is ripe for one last gigantic choke before that core gets blown-up in the summer..:lol..The Warriors most likely sweeping them with probably a 50 points destruction in Game 4 after they all quit..
Rockets otoh have dudes dropping 30 from the bench :lol

Remember certain posters didn't want to give up Microwave mills for him?