PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Dirk is the Man

DMC
12-20-2016, 09:23 PM
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2016/12/20/kids-fighting-lives-childrens-dallas-uncle-dirk-gives-santa-run-money

:bobo to Dirk

Though I found this part somewhat humorous:

Last year, minutes prior to Uncle Dirk’s arrival, a young car-accident victim awoke from anesthesia to news that his leg had been amputated. He had been placed on Uncle Dirk’s visit list prior to the amputation.
“Does he still want to see me?” Uncle Dirk asked.
“Well, he kind of does,” he was told.
“That’s fine. I’ll go in.”
The young man vomited several times during the visit. Uncle Dirk never recoiled. Each time, he simply put on a fresh gown.

:lol

DPG21920
12-20-2016, 10:17 PM
Dirk is truly a likeable guy. I have nothing bad to say about him and he brought me some of my most memorable moments as an NBA/Spurs fan.

Killakobe81
12-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Dirk is truly a likeable guy. I have nothing bad to say about him and he brought me some of my most memorable moments as an NBA/Spurs fan.

A gym rat who worked to perfect his craft ...was the best player in a playoffs that included near prime Durant, Wade and LeBron he freely .gives to charity in Dfw great player and guy

DMC
12-20-2016, 10:41 PM
A gym rat who worked to perfect his craft ...was the best player in a playoffs that included near prime Durant, Wade and LeBron

Folks who didn't watch every game of that playoffs with Dallas probably didn't realize they were down and out in the 1st round until the big Panzer launched himself into the HOF.

DPG21920
12-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Folks who didn't watch every game of that playoffs with Dallas probably didn't realize they were down and out in the 1st round until the big Panzer launched himself into the HOF.

One of the best individual playoff runs ever.

baseline bum
12-20-2016, 10:57 PM
I have always liked the guy since he shaved his head in the 2002 season to show support for Don Nelson's wife who was battling breast cancer.

ambchang
12-20-2016, 11:20 PM
dirks great.

Those kids and their parents are going through things that are unbelievably trying.

StrengthAndHonor
12-20-2016, 11:59 PM
Dirk is a cool guy but he's no Kobe, tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2016, 12:23 AM

You've got that right. Dirk was the first option on a championship team - not a cancerous twelfth option pretending to be the first option.

Brazil
12-21-2016, 05:53 AM
One of my favorite player ever... big respect for the giant German tbh

Raven
12-21-2016, 06:30 AM

you mean he's not a sociopath?

Raven
12-21-2016, 06:34 AM
Profile of the Sociopath This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

Glibness and Superficial Charm
Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
Incapacity for Love
Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.
Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.
Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Other Related Qualities:

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
Authoritarian
Secretive
Paranoid
Only rarely in difficulty with the law, but seeks out situations where their tyrannical behavior will be tolerated, condoned, or admired
Conventional appearance
Goal of enslavement of their victim(s)
Exercises despotic control over every aspect of the victim's life
Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)
Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim
Incapable of real human attachment to another
Unable to feel remorse or guilt
Extreme narcissism and grandiose
May state readily that their goal is to rule the world

damn :lol:lol:lol

getting back in topic: Dirk is the man.

lefty
12-21-2016, 09:03 AM
Kobe is not as bad as MJ tbh
He is actually not a bad dude.... he is just a MJ wannabe

Killakobe81
12-21-2016, 09:41 AM

I can see both sides ...he is not as good or as bad as MJ the sequel is,never usually on par with the original except Empire or Godfather 2

diego
12-22-2016, 04:16 PM
A gym rat who worked to perfect his craft ...was the best player in a playoffs that included near prime Durant, Wade and LeBron he freely .gives to charity in Dfw great player and guy

Never a big fan of dirks play style but he was great, and I have even more respect for him as a person.

That said, 2011 Durant was 22 and had played all of 18 playoff games before the matchup with the mavs, hardly near prime. James was just entering his prime (26). Sweeping Kobe pau Bynum and Odom was more impressive than taking down the green Thunder imo

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Never a big fan of dirks play style but he was great, and I have even more respect for him as a person.

That said, 2011 Durant was 22 and had played all of 18 playoff games before the matchup with the mavs, hardly near prime. James was just entering his prime (26). Sweeping Kobe pau Bynum and Odom was more impressive than taking down the green Thunder imo

Yeah, Dirk run is overrated b/c of his performance against OKC & the Lakers.

Wade was the best player in the Finals before he got injured in Gm 5 while Dirk shot 40% for the series.

Chandler shutdown the Heat in the 4th quarter of Gm 4, Barea/JET took over in the 2nd half of Gm 5 & JET was the best player in Gm 6.:lol

clambake
12-22-2016, 04:43 PM
that team was badass.

underated.

Jodelo
12-23-2016, 05:33 AM
Yeah, Dirk run is overrated b/c of his performance against OKC & the Lakers.

Wade was the best player in the Finals before he got injured in Gm 5 while Dirk shot 40% for the series.

Chandler shutdown the Heat in the 4th quarter of Gm 4, Barea/JET took over in the 2nd half of Gm 5 & JET was the best player in Gm 6.:lol

http://i.imgur.com/YX6ZTJ2.gif

JoeTait75
12-23-2016, 07:57 AM
that team was badass.

underated.

Agreed. Great depth, great versatility, a bunch of savvy, hungry veterans who just knew how to play the game. Obviously Dirk was otherworldly but that whole team was rock-solid up and down the roster. As for Dirk, he's always been one of the good guys.

JohnnyMax
12-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Dirk outplayed Lebron and Wade in the 4th quarter.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1717/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612748
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2544/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612742
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2548/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612742

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Dirk outplayed Lebron and Wade in the 4th quarter.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1717/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612748
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2544/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612742
http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2548/traditional/?Season=2010-11&SeasonType=Playoffs&Period=4&OpponentTeamID=1610612742

Jason Terry outscored LeChoke for the ENTIRE series including talking smack & hitting a dagger 3 in his face::lol

UHtuQIJ1F1U

Dirk actually had his highest scoring 4th quarter in a Gm 3 loss that Wade dominated from tip off. Otherwise, Wade matched him (took less shots but was more efficient) even in the 4th quarter until getting injured mid-way through Gm 5.

DMC
12-23-2016, 12:50 PM
JET was a monster, a fucking monster. Stevenson was all up in LBJ's grille.

spurraider21
12-23-2016, 01:18 PM
He raped

lefty
12-23-2016, 01:38 PM
He raped
He j..... off when she left

spurraider21
12-23-2016, 01:39 PM
He j..... off when she leftand before she left?

DMC
12-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Kobe bricked a rape attempt.

Ghazi
12-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Lebron and Wade were in their primes, Kobe/Gasol were in their primes, Durant was young but that was a really talented Thunder squad that made the Finals a year later.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 08:29 PM
Lebron and Wade were in their primes, Kobe/Gasol were in their primes, Durant was young but that was a really talented Thunder squad that made the Finals a year later.

Kirby's knee had started acting up & Pau was flamed out from 3 straight finals trip basically playing center the majority of the time. Odumb was the best player on the Lakers for stretches during that season & they had trouble w/ the Choke-P3/Landry Hornets in the 1st rd b/c Pau had essentially stopped playing PnR defense.:lol

Those same Lakers when Bynum was an All-Star almost lost to the JaVale McGee Nuggets the following season.:lol

As far as OKC, Harden was a different animal in 2012 as he had become their 4th quarter closer which came in handy during the 1st rd re-match as OKC had to pull out two close games with Harden destroying the Mavs in Gm 4 to complete the sweep.

Rx09_zUJTkk