PDA

View Full Version : passionate Houston Spurs fans..

apalisoc_9
12-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Boy were they loud tonight. Really fuelled the spurs run the 4th. I have never seen this much passion the physical ability to actually stand up and shout.

Respect to houston spurs fans.

TheGreatYacht
12-20-2016, 10:54 PM
I have never seen this much passion the physical ability to actually stand up and shout.

Respect to houston spurs fans.
:lmao these keep getting better and better

DeRozan m8
12-20-2016, 11:05 PM
My mate went to a Houston play off game in 2015, said they were the literally the biggest pack of c*nts he'd ever come across.

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2016, 12:29 AM
The cheers for Patty's 3 were louder than anything at a Spurs home game:lol

Clipper Nation
12-21-2016, 12:30 AM
I have never seen this much passion the physical ability to actually stand up and shout.

:lmao

TimDunkem
12-21-2016, 12:31 AM
Hard to scream if you're one burp away from hurling tacos, burgers, and beer onto the person in front of you.

lol Fat San Antonio fans.

SpurPadre
12-21-2016, 12:58 AM
The cheers for Patty's 3 were louder than anything at a Spurs home game:lol

A funeral can have more cheers than at a Spurs home game, tbh.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2016, 01:04 AM
Maybe it'd be easier for Spurfan to stand up and cheer at games if this wasn't their idea of exercise:

http://i.imgur.com/Pa0f2o5.gif

Spur|n|Austin
12-21-2016, 01:23 AM
Lol poor fans in here that can't afford to go to games. AT&T gets rocking.

TimDunkem
12-21-2016, 01:27 AM
^The poor fans who can't go would probably do a better job of cheering on the team than those on their phones or in the lobby chowing down on overpriced food, tbh.

TheDoctor
12-21-2016, 01:34 AM
In San Antonio food >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sports tbh. They prefer 100/100 of the time to eat fatty-fast-food over watching some of the best athletes in the World playing the best basketball in Earth. Then one wonders why the empty seats.

It really was a bad idea putting that Whataburger and some beer joint inside the arena. You put those outside the arena and fat antonians will think thrice before leaving the A/C.

dabom
12-21-2016, 02:17 AM

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 02:27 AM
My mate went to a Houston play off game in 2015, said they were the literally the biggest pack of c*nts he'd ever come across.

Nice story. Will bookmark and be sure to share with family and friends.

DeRozan m8
12-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Nice story. Will bookmark and be sure to share with family and friends.

Excellent timing, you can share it around the table at Christmas :bobo

GSH
12-21-2016, 05:44 PM
I have never seen this much passion

Which explains why you're always here.

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:13 AM
A funeral can have more cheers than at a Spurs home game, tbh.

And one fewer drunk Mexican.

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:17 AM

It's not about affording. Who wants to fight parking issues and long fucking lines to see Kawhi Leonard's indecisive iso plays and LMA's fadeaway shots? Or to see Tony Parker get stuffed 3 or 4 times in a quarter as he tries to attack the rim? There's nothing to see. Dedmon? Who? Who the fuck are these clowns out there anyhow? Pau with his matador cape ushering guards to the rim as he barely can get his hands above his waist in a lazy attempt to defend, and the only true show being Manu, Danny and Patty. Kawhi if he's stealing the ball is interesting, but otherwise he's boring.

Just facts. Don't care to sit in a hard seat and pay too much for beer and whatever just to see that shit when I can see it better at home.

ElNono
12-22-2016, 12:24 AM
It's not about affording. Who wants to fight parking issues and long fucking lines to see Kawhi Leonard's indecisive iso plays and LMA's fadeaway shots? Or to see Tony Parker get stuffed 3 or 4 times in a quarter as he tries to attack the rim? There's nothing to see. Dedmon? Who? Who the fuck are these clowns out there anyhow? Pau with his matador cape ushering guards to the rim as he barely can get his hands above his waist in a lazy attempt to defend, and the only true show being Manu, Danny and Patty. Kawhi if he's stealing the ball is interesting, but otherwise he's boring.

Just facts. Don't care to sit in a hard seat and pay too much for beer and whatever just to see that shit when I can see it better at home.

Here comes the... :cry you're not a true fan :cry, :cry I bet you never went to a Spurs game :cry and the real barn burner: :cry fairweather fan :cry

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2016, 12:25 AM

Different folks different strokes I guess. I go every month or so but I go because I'm a long time Spurs fan who enjoys the experience. Yeah I could watch at home which I do every game I'm not there, but when I do go I'm loud, boisterous, and talk shit to opposing fans. It's a break from watching at home on the couch like a loaf, and my wife has more fun than hearing me yell at my TV.

I'm talking about the clowns in here who don't go to games but talk shit to the people who do go. Who gives a shit if they get a beer at halftime and have to fight the lines to get back to their seats right at tip off. Pop couldn't care less, why do these armchair coaches care?

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:31 AM
Different folks different strokes I guess. I go every month or so but I go because I'm a long time Spurs fan who enjoys the experience. Yeah I could watch at home which I do every game I'm not there, but when I do go I'm loud, boisterous, and talk shit to opposing fans. It's a break from watching at home on the couch like a loaf, and my wife has more fun than hearing me yell at my TV.

I'm talking about the clowns in here who don't go to games but talk shit to the people who do go. Who gives a shit if they get a beer at halftime and have to fight the lines to get back to their seats right at tip off. Pop couldn't care less, why do these armchair coaches care?

It's not the beer lines, it's the traffic getting in and out. That always dissuades me. Only time I've ever been to their game in person was when David was still playing, before Tim showed up, against the Clippers and I won the tickets in the mall from some radio station (I think it was Lyle and Hann or whatever) because the SN on my money matched what they called out. Still, I used to drive in that area all the time when the game was happening (or a concert) and it was a nightmare.

Arcadian
12-22-2016, 12:31 AM
I feel like half the "fans" at AT&T are just random San Antonians who stumbled upon Spurs tickets even though they didn't really want them. :lol

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Here comes the... :cry you're not a true fan :cry, :cry I bet you never went to a Spurs game :cry and the real barn burner: :cry fairweather fan :cry

Half of that is true lol... I'm not a game sitter, face painter, jersey wearer or anything of the sort. I just watch the games and admire the coach and the system. Outside of David, Tim and Manu and a few role guys, I don't care that much for them individually.

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2016, 12:39 AM
It's not the beer lines, it's the traffic getting in and out. That always dissuades me. Only time I've ever been to their game in person was when David was still playing, before Tim showed up, against the Clippers and I won the tickets in the mall from some radio station (I think it was Lyle and Hann or whatever) because the SN on my money matched what they called out. Still, I used to drive in that area all the time when the game was happening (or a concert) and it was a nightmare.

The traffic is terrible if you park in the AT&T center parking lot(s), but we have always parked at the Coca-Cola lot across the street. Not once have we had any trouble getting out and SAPD does a good job of directing traffic towards a highway.

There's always a lot of talk about how shitty of an area the ATT Center is at, which is true, it's straight ghetto; but the accessibility to a couple different highways & loops helps most game leavers get out pretty quick.

I hear what you're saying, but as someone who's considering splitting season tickets with my brother soon, the traffic is def not something that dissuades me.

BD24
12-22-2016, 01:12 AM
The traffic is terrible if you park in the AT&T center parking lot(s), but we have always parked at the Coca-Cola lot across the street. Not once have we had any trouble getting out and SAPD does a good job of directing traffic towards a highway.

There's always a lot of talk about how shitty of an area the ATT Center is at, which is true, it's straight ghetto; but the accessibility to a couple different highways & loops helps most game leavers get out pretty quick.

I hear what you're saying, but as someone who's considering splitting season tickets with my brother soon, the traffic is def not something that dissuades me.
As you said its very clear which posters have actually been to a game at the AT&T center and which have not. I have been to 22 nba arenas for games and can say that the AT&T center is one of the loudest arenas I have been to, especially when the playoffs roll around. Game 7 agaisnt the Mavs in 14, WCF thunder in 14, and Clippers game 6 in 15 all had the arena rocking.

BillMc
12-22-2016, 02:17 AM
Which explains why you're always here.
:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2016, 04:10 AM
As you said its very clear which posters have actually been to a game at the AT&T center and which have not. I have been to 22 nba arenas for games and can say that the AT&T center is one of the loudest arenas I have been to, especially when the playoffs roll around. Game 7 agaisnt the Mavs in 14, WCF thunder in 14, and Clippers game 6 in 15 all had the arena rocking.

Game 7 against the Mavs is my personal favorite. LOUD AF - carried us into a chip

dabom
12-22-2016, 10:04 AM

The pre-emptive post. What a beta cock smoker. :lmao

BD24
12-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Game 7 against the Mavs is my personal favorite. LOUD AF - carried us into a chip
Yea was one of my favorite games. I was sitting by a bunch of Mavs fans, made it even better.

apalisoc_9
12-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Home Spurs fans pre 2014 was somd of the most passionate fans in the NBA...but just like any Fatso, you run hard and give it your all after 2.5 yards....only to trip face down and unable to stand up.

2015-2017 Home fans sre the lamest in all.of sports, imo. Getting outcheereed by away spurs fans. Embarrassing. :lmao

DarrinS
12-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I hate where they put the AT&T center, tbh. At least when games were over at the Alamodome, you were downtown with lots of places to go.

TheRemix
12-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Home Spurs fans pre 2014 was somd of the most passionate fans in the NBA...but just like any Fatso, you run hard and give it your all after 2.5 yards....only to trip face down and unable to stand up.

2015-2017 Home fans sre the lamest in all.of sports, imo. Getting outcheereed by away spurs fans. Embarrassing. :lmao

I've seen the crowd get crazy at times but the away fans definitley show more passion throughout the whole game. I think we home fans are just spoiled

Spur|n|Austin
12-22-2016, 04:26 PM
I hate where they put the AT&T center, tbh. At least when games were over at the Alamodome, you were downtown with lots of places to go.

And zero parking besides the lot which is the size of a Bucky's parking lot. F that.

I'm pretty sure the city planners thought it out.

BD24
12-22-2016, 11:53 PM
Canadian cuck talking about things he knows nothing about per par.

DMC
12-23-2016, 01:07 AM
Because it matters if you actually go to the game and watch the jumbotron instead of sitting at home watching your TV.

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 01:15 AM
Best Spurs crowd of the playoffs, easily. Those MVP chants for Kawhi at the end :wow wasn't ready for that, I'm used to the MVP whispers of the AT&T Center

apalisoc_9
05-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Best Spurs crowd of the playoffs, easily. Those MVP chants for Kawhi at the end :wow wasn't ready for that, I'm used to the MVP whispers of the AT&T Center

Damn..Best Spurs fans in the business..

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 01:35 AM
Damn..Best Spurs fans in the business..
Did you see the cute Houston girl wearing a Spurs jersey? Only time that happened was with Selena Gomez, who isn't from or lives in SA...

hater
05-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Did you see the cute Houston girl wearing a Spurs jersey? Only time that happened was with Selena Gomez, who isn't from or lives in SA...

I think Inknow who u talking about

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 09:33 AM
I think Inknow who u talking about
She was behind the white dude making hand signals

Seventyniner
05-06-2017, 09:55 AM
She was behind the white dude making hand signals

Need a gif of that guy after Danny's three to make it 91-80.

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Need a gif of that guy after Danny's three to make it 91-80.

https://giant.gfycat.com/JauntyVelvetyCockroach.gif
:lol Best Spurs fans in Texas tbh

hater
05-06-2017, 10:04 AM
:lol

That was it

tmtcsc
05-06-2017, 10:18 AM

Game 7 of Finals against Pistons for me. Place was rocking with chants 30 minutes before tip.

Seventyniner
05-06-2017, 10:18 AM
:lol Best Spurs fans in Texas tbh

Thanks for the find, I knew it had to be out there somewhere.

tmtcsc
05-06-2017, 10:19 AM

No churros for her.

TheGreatYacht
05-06-2017, 10:22 AM
:lol

boutons_deux
05-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Game 7 of Finals against Pistons for me. Place was rocking with chants 30 minutes before tip.

i remember it well. very emotional