PDA

View Full Version : Pau and Parker...

spursistan
12-20-2016, 10:47 PM
Should they be even on court in the 4th quarter of a close game in the playoffs?

Rockets blew it out open and should have probably put it to bed for good in the 4th when they massacred this terrible ass PNR D combo. :lmao.

apalisoc_9
12-20-2016, 10:54 PM
They also stagnate the offense like Crazy with their " please move the ball" translation, I know I am 36 years bit I dont give a fuck i deserve star player touches.

Easily the most painful spurs Duo Ive seen in quite a while and that is saying something with the Likes of Aldridge, Bonner etc playing for this team.

SAGirl
12-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Hopefully moments like this don't get lost on the coach.

Hopefully.

Mnky
12-20-2016, 10:57 PM
I think Gasol is a nice piece to have off the bench, I'm not big on his role with the starters. They're using him in reverse. More focus on his defense than offense..but maybe that's part of the plan to get him to play some type of defense by the playoffs.

I'd package Parker for just about anything these days. He just seems like such an empty impact on both sides too any time. He can be effective still, but it only shows up once every ten games or so.

spursistan
12-20-2016, 11:23 PM
They also stagnate the offense like Crazy with their " please move the ball" translation, I know I am 36 years bit I dont give a fuck i deserve star player touches.

Easily the most painful spurs Duo Ive seen in quite a while and that is saying something with the Likes of Aldridge, Bonner etc playing for this team.

I don't want to give a cop-out for Lamarcus, who has come out of shape again, but there is a truth in there that Pau competing for his touches/spots has contributed to his slow start on that end..

PATFO keep complicating the setup of this roster going forward..I fully expect Parker 2-year extension news in the summer..:vomit:

ElNono
12-20-2016, 11:28 PM
TP just looked a little tired, tbh, couldn't get much lift... wonder if giving that speech the other night got him worn out or something...

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 11:34 PM
IIRC, this has been the first season where Pop has consistently closed games with Patty and I don't see any reason to believe that TP will object..

Their minutes will probably be split in the playoffs IMO..

YGWHI
12-20-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't want to give a cop-out for Lamarcus, who has come out of shape again, but there is a truth in there that Pau competing for his touches/spots has contributed to his slow start on that end..

Exactly

apalisoc_9
12-20-2016, 11:36 PM

PATFO keep complicating the setup of this roster going forward..I fully expect Parker 2-year extension news in the summer..:vomit:

I honestly dont mind Pau touching the ball more than softridge. He's a great playmaking big. but the laziness and entitlement gets me pissef everytime.

sasaint
12-20-2016, 11:36 PM
Hopefully moments like this don't get lost on the coach.

Hopefully.

They are not lost on Pop. It's just that Pop values other things more highly.

DPG21920
12-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Look, Pau and TP are battling. Yes, Pau has too many lapses on defense, but overall he's battling and had more good than bad IMO in context.

TP is being asked to do too much because of the weak guard rotation - but he's not at all been selfish and he's so clearly been the best guy to get the team into their sets.

He's in a tough lineup with Pau/LMa right now as well.

MaNu4Tres
12-20-2016, 11:38 PM
If Pringles doesnt go small and doesn't force Pop to take out Gasol & then TP, Spurs lose tonight by double digits.

Pringles gets the game ball.

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Worst pick&roll ball-handler defenders:
http://i64.tinypic.com/35ibole.jpg

Worst pick&roll roll man defenders:
http://i66.tinypic.com/j6mx45.jpg

james evans
12-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Gasol is fucking useless on defense. The play that pissed me off the most is that instead of attempting to block a Harden layup, he pushes him giving up the and1. The fuck is wrong with him?

Spur|n|Austin
12-20-2016, 11:48 PM
Gasol is fucking useless on defense. The play that pissed me off the most is that instead of attempting to block a Harden layup, he pushes him giving up the and1. The fuck is wrong with him?

He's pretty useless for the most part, but he has his moments; he subtly gets his hands on a lot of balls going to the rim.

bklynspursfan
12-21-2016, 12:33 AM
IIRC, this has been the first season where Pop has consistently closed games with Patty and I don't see any reason to believe that TP will object..

Their minutes will probably be split in the playoffs IMO..

This

spursistan
12-24-2016, 12:22 AM
Bump..:lol

HarlemHeat37
12-24-2016, 12:24 AM
It was a good time to sit them..Portland is the highest ranked pick&roll team in the NBA, while Parker is last among rotation guards and Pau is near the bottom for bigs, defensively..

spursistan
12-24-2016, 12:24 AM
They are basically the starting lineup version of the Turd Towers...

SAGirl
12-24-2016, 12:26 AM
Hmmm again my thought stands. Hopefully those things are not lost on the coach. One wonders even about the Clippers game.. It was winnable but so many layups at the rim after a PNR... Pop is quite stubborn