PDA

View Full Version : Win was nice...

ElNono
12-20-2016, 10:58 PM
and I've been saying the Rockets are built perfectly for what D'Antoni runs, but I'd hate to overlook a couple issues that I think Pop will have to address, tbh...

1 - Other teams are going to leave their starters against our bench (see 3rd quarter today). Pop is just going to have to match up in cases like that. Until we kinda lucked out with back-to-back-to-back threes, we had no answer for the Harden-Ariza tandem against our bench. I get that there's a back to back tomorrow, but Pop looked all-in this game.

2 - Love Manu, he came through for us tonight, despite some glitches, but this team isn't going to get that kind of production from him on the regular, and it's worrisome that guys that were given mins like Simms or Bertrans just can't seem to stand out more. Now it's true that's it's unfair to throw Harden at Simms, and that's a valid excuse, but passing up shot after shot is unnerving at this point, tbh

3 - Is LMA just waiting for the playoffs? vacations maybe? I've never seen a supposed leader-star watching his teammates fight through and carry his fatass to a W... does this guy has any fight in him, or he's just happy to be there? I'm talking attitude here, he's obviously talented.

Just my 2c

RD2191
12-20-2016, 11:00 PM
I just don't trust lma at all. He just doesn't have "it" imo. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

spursistan
12-20-2016, 11:05 PM
and I've been saying the Rockets are built perfectly for what D'Antoni runs, but I'd hate to overlook a couple issues that I think Pop will have to address, tbh...

1 - Other teams are going to leave their starters against our bench (see 3rd quarter today). Pop is just going to have to match up in cases like that. Until we kinda lucked out with back-to-back-to-back threes, we had no answer for the Harden-Ariza tandem against our bench. I get that there's a back to back tomorrow, but Pop looked all-in this game.

2 - Love Manu, he came through for us tonight, despite some glitches, but this team isn't going to get that kind of production from him on the regular, and it's worrisome that guys that were given mins like Simms or Bertrans just can't seem to stand out more. Now it's true that's it's unfair to throw Harden at Simms, and that's a valid excuse, but passing up shot after shot is unnerving at this point, tbh

3 - Is LMA just waiting for the playoffs? vacations maybe? I've never seen a supposed leader-star watching his teammates fight through and carry his fatass to a W... does this guy has any fight in him, or he's just happy to be there? I'm talking attitude here, he's obviously talented.

Just my 2c

In fact there is no B2B, game vs the Clips on Thursday...It is just Pop getting cute with his resting shtick, though I might excuse him since Kawhi was stinking up the joint on offesne tonight..

ElNono
12-20-2016, 11:06 PM
In fact there is no B2B, game vs the Clips on Thursday...It is just Pop getting cute with his resting shtick, though I might excuse him since Kawhi was stinking up the joint on offesne tonight..

Thanks for the correction, I thought the game was tomorrow :tu

Robz4000
12-20-2016, 11:14 PM
Kawhi not sucking and playing more minutes will solve the first issue. The other two have been problems all season and the second can't be fixed in-house. Kinda warming up to the idea of acquiring Deron Williams who, according to what I've heard, may be bought out.

dabom
12-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Deron Williams. :lmao

DPG21920
12-20-2016, 11:20 PM
LMA started slow last year. LMA started slow last year. LMA started slow last year.

Just have to keep saying that and hope we get the same this year.

On the positive side, I have seen several moments where LMA was highly engaged when needed defensively. Whether it was bigs, close outs on smalls or rotations he's made some pretty damn good defensive plays and that gives me hope.

Robz4000
12-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Deron Williams. :lmao

Have you watched Deron Fatton recently? While he isn't a premier PG he's able to do a lot of what Porker used to do while being a better shooter. Playing under RC has shown he still has something left in the tank.

HarlemHeat37
12-20-2016, 11:26 PM
This game itself didn't mean much IMO..there's minimal game planning during the RS, as many coaches have said, including Pop..they pulled a win out of their asses in a game where their best player had his worst performance of the season..

The Spurs have some serious flaws, as we have discussed the past few weeks..outside of improving chemistry and getting continuity with Gasol, the only real change can be Aldridge reaching last year's level..they aren't going anywhere if he doesn't turn it around, this team is top-heavy..

T Park
12-20-2016, 11:34 PM

Just my 2c

Lol. Now Aldridge is fat.

You people are something else.

SAGirl
12-21-2016, 01:05 AM
I am with you in all your 2 cents. Maybe Pop needs to light a fire under Simmons for passing up shots. It's going to happen in the playoffs I think so whatever needs to happen to his mentality may need to happen now.

Tough to root for Lamarcus. He doesn't put in effort like he wants the game at times.

TheGreatYacht
12-21-2016, 01:15 AM
LMA had 17/10/5.. I guess people are hating just to hate tbh

ElNono
12-21-2016, 01:18 AM
^ At least he got his numbers, tbh, I guess...

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-21-2016, 01:45 AM
LMA played very well on defense when switched on the perimeter and crashed the offensive board. A lack of effort is the last thing I'd accuse him of, based on the last few games. Now, concentration is another matter.

Splits
12-21-2016, 01:57 AM
Love Manu, he came through for us tonight, despite some glitches

:lmao missing 2 FTs up 2 to seal the game, or at least ensure overtime by making 1

:cry Manu played well in 6 despite some 8 turnover glitches and missed FT glitch to seal the chip :cry

TheGreatYacht
12-21-2016, 02:10 AM
:lmao missing 2 FTs up 2 to seal the game, or at least ensure overtime by making 1

:cry Manu played well in 6 despite some 8 turnover glitches and missed FT glitch to seal the chip :cry
:lmao ....

will_spurs
12-21-2016, 02:19 AM
Bertans played 2 minutes last night. He's yet another of those players who won't be allowed to contribute in their rookie year. I guess he hasn't gotten over himself just yet.

alpha_HaZE
12-21-2016, 02:59 AM
This game itself didn't mean much IMO..there's minimal game planning during the RS, as many coaches have said, including Pop..they pulled a win out of their asses in a game where their best player had his worst performance of the season..

The Spurs have some serious flaws, as we have discussed the past few weeks..outside of improving chemistry and getting continuity with Gasol, the only real change can be Aldridge reaching last year's level..they aren't going anywhere if he doesn't turn it around, this team is top-heavy..

Agreed on pretty much everything but LMA, not that I enjoy the way he plays and I agree he doesn't seem to get it so to speak, but he does play better than last year if you were to compare the first 1/3 of the season which is fair.

apalisoc_9
12-21-2016, 03:01 AM
Lol. Now Aldridge is fat.

You people are something else.

Really, Fom your perspective everyone is in shape.

Mnky
12-21-2016, 03:24 AM

Yea, I'm not sure what game these people are watching. When allowed to not be a spectating role player, which all the starters become with kawhiso, the guy was making things happen. Was the best rebounder which included 5 offensive rebounds, on a night the spurs were getting destroyed on the boards. Also a lead assist man. Had a few points less than kawhi, without a large portion of isolation.

Not to mention, next to Danny Greens job on Harden, played the best defense on the team. If you don't think LMA played atleast "good" on this night where most the spurs looked horrible, you're just not very good at this basketball thing. :lol

I always say Manu Is an x factor for his ability to get hot from beyond the arc, but he did as much, if not more damage than He helped tonight. Patty and Danny were the reason the spurs pulled through, despite Manus willingness to throw it away with pointless passes and decisions.
The pass he tried to lob to Patty that got intercepted..those plays don't need to get exist period. There was no play ahead to take that risk. Something manu has lost track of in his old age. Those high risk plays don't even have rewards at the end.. they're just all risk for no benefit. Needs to cut those out already.

As far as the bench goes, in a 7 game series, it's a luxury for your starters to play less and not have to worry about that much of a drop off.

As long as spurs defense keeps improving, spurs will be looking good near the end of the season. I'm sure he new offense will have settled by then.

Slippy
12-21-2016, 03:51 AM
LMA played very well on defense when switched on the perimeter and crashed the offensive board. A lack of effort is the last thing I'd accuse him of, based on the last few games. Now, concentration is another matter.

Pretty much.

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 04:06 AM
LMA settles for too many long jumpers. I don't like it when he drives all the way to the basket from far because it doesn't usually end well. But he needs to take the ball to the elbow or the post and take the hits and get his 12-14 ft game going. He doesn't like doing that is the problem. He's soft.

Pocho La Pantera
12-21-2016, 05:07 AM
Yea, I'm not sure what game these people are watching. When allowed to not be a spectating role player, which all the starters become with kawhiso, the guy was making things happen. Was the best rebounder which included 5 offensive rebounds, on a night the spurs were getting destroyed on the boards. Also a lead assist man. Had a few points less than kawhi, without a large portion of isolation.

Not to mention, next to Danny Greens job on Harden, played the best defense on the team. If you don't think LMA played atleast "good" on this night where most the spurs looked horrible, you're just not very good at this basketball thing. :lol

I always say Manu Is an x factor for his ability to get hot from beyond the arc, but he did as much, if not more damage than He helped tonight. Patty and Danny were the reason the spurs pulled through, despite Manus willingness to throw it away with pointless passes and decisions.
The pass he tried to lob to Patty that got intercepted..those plays don't need to get exist period. There was no play ahead to take that risk. Something manu has lost track of in his old age. Those high risk plays don't even have rewards at the end.. they're just all risk for no benefit. Needs to cut those out already.

As far as the bench goes, in a 7 game series, it's a luxury for your starters to play less and not have to worry about that much of a drop off.

As long as spurs defense keeps improving, spurs will be looking good near the end of the season. I'm sure he new offense will have settled by then. 9 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 charge, 2 to, 2 missed fts, all in the fourth quarter with the team trailing by 12, yes, he damaged the team,tbh.

daledondale
12-21-2016, 06:16 AM
I don't know if LMA has a problem in terms of skill, but what i see is an attitude problem and maybe lack of leadership.

100%duncan
12-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Really, Fom your perspective everyone is in shape.

:lmao

bklynspursfan
12-21-2016, 07:50 AM
Bertans played 2 minutes last night. He's yet another of those players who won't be allowed to contribute in their rookie year. I guess he hasn't gotten over himself just yet.

Whos minutes should he take? Lee? There may be nights where he's a better matchup than Lee will be, but not many

ElNono
12-21-2016, 09:01 AM

:lmao this dude mad as fuck Manu had one of those rare nights carrying this team to victory...

He was more clutch and had less turnovers than the best SG in the league closing the game last night, :cry but don't forget about 6 :cry

ElNono
12-21-2016, 09:10 AM
As far as LMA, he's talented and last night I think we can all agree he had a matchup advantage against Nene/Anderson?
When the Spurs needed to make plays last night to win the game they went somewhere else though, and he looked more like a prop than a go-to guy...

TheGreatYacht
12-21-2016, 01:25 PM
As far as LMA, he's talented and last night I think we can all agree he had a matchup advantage against Nene/Anderson?
When the Spurs needed to make plays last night to win the game they went somewhere else though, and he looked more like a prop than a go-to guy...
If you watched the game, you would've known he was getting double teamed by Pau's guy

SpursforSix
12-21-2016, 01:30 PM
I just don't trust lma at all. He just doesn't have "it" imo. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

He's OK. But I'd sure love to see an LMA that hit the gym and turned some of that fat into muscle. But I guess he's the same as countless other players who are just satisfied to be in the NBA. The only difference and the think that makes it frustrating is that he has superior talent. He could be a monster if he had a different mindset.

dabom
12-21-2016, 01:32 PM
If you watched the game, you would've known he was getting double teamed by Pau's guy

You know what drawing the double team is now? :lol

Joseph Kony
12-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Really, Fom your perspective everyone is in shape.:lmao got eem

Mnky
12-21-2016, 02:22 PM
9 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 charge, 2 to, 2 missed fts, all in the fourth quarter with the team trailing by 12, yes, he damaged the team,tbh.

That's great. I said he did as much to help as damage. I also said he's an x factor.

That factor becomes a fat zero if he turns it over repeatedly in the last 3 mins while missing two game clinching free throws.

It's awesome to score 150 pts. Doesn't mean much if you let the other guy score 151.

kaji157
12-22-2016, 08:12 AM
That's great. I said he did as much to help as damage. I also said he's an x factor.

That factor becomes a fat zero if he turns it over repeatedly in the last 3 mins while missing two game clinching free throws.

It's awesome to score 150 pts. Doesn't mean much if you let the other guy score 151.

I disagree because it is now irreal to expect Ginobili to have a 4th quarter like those he had in his prime.
His gonna show his age more often than not, you just gotta believe that his contributions will outweigh his mistakes, and that will carry the Spurs to a Win.

Because last night, there was no superstar or former superstar willing to do that, and because this team still relies on him a lot, whether we think itīs right or not.

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:26 AM
Hate to bump this, tbh.. LMA is ready spend Christmas with his fam,tbh...

TimDunkem
12-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Guy has all the skill in the world but looks like he's dogging it half of the time. What a shame.

timtonymanu
12-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Hate to bump this, tbh.. LMA is ready spend Christmas with his fam,tbh...

Your #2 point looks spot on too. Didn't see anything special from Simmons and Anderson that made me think they could take over right now

ElNono
12-23-2016, 01:29 AM
Your #2 point looks spot on too. Didn't see anything special from Simmons and Anderson that made me think they could take over right now

I thought Kyle had his moments this game, it's just difficult to see how he fits with this team though... I did think he earned some more mins instead of Bertrans... Simms on the other hand is just such an up and down player...

TheGreatYacht
12-23-2016, 01:31 AM
I thought Kyle had his moments this game, it's just difficult to see how he fits with this team though... I did think he earned some more mins instead of Bertrans... Simms on the other hand is just such an up and down player...
As much as I hate your guy.. I hate Fathead more

comeback Manure