PDA

View Full Version : Simmons Fouled Harden On The Final 3

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Dumbass is lucky it wasn't called.

Robz4000
12-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Harden was fishing for a call the entire play; he had no intention of actually trying to hit his shot. Refs noticed and let the play go.

CGD
12-21-2016, 03:31 PM
Agree, good refs aren't going to call that bullshit with 2 seconds to go.

Joseph Kony
12-21-2016, 03:37 PM
dude is such an annoying player, he is incredible with the ball but man his foul searching is annoying as fuck. i dont get how the refs can continually call that bullshit rip through move he's trying, he literally initiates all the contact on those shots and just chucks it up there, idk how the managed to call this shit on 3 pointers three times in a single game :wow glad they swallowed their whistles on that bullshit

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2016, 03:49 PM
:lol what a surprising thread from the OP, tbh..

JonNOKC
12-21-2016, 03:49 PM
Good no call...they could of called Anderson for a moving screen or Harden for a push off as well - which also were good no calls. Let the players decide the outcome unless there is an obvious advantage gained from a foul

DeRozan m8
12-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Wasn't a foul, was just fishing.

This, is a foul

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/kawhi-leonard-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-misses-the-last-shot-of-the-picture-id622101300?s=594x594

ElNono
12-21-2016, 04:05 PM

:lol

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 04:14 PM
Take off the homer troll glasses. It was a foul. Simmons even fell after his momentum carried him into Harden.

apalisoc_9
12-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Op wanted Houston to win because he's a biga fan of Sam Decker and Ryan Anderson...tbh

lilbthebasedgod
12-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Fishing for fouls is a smart way to play and intelligence should be rewarded if it works. I agree.

mywastedlife900
12-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Take off the homer troll glasses. It was a foul. Simmons even fell after his momentum carried him into Harden.

Why don't you write a book about it ya little bitch.

SpursforSix
12-21-2016, 04:35 PM
I don't give a fuck. A win is a win.

Except that time when they gave Fish an extra .01 to shoot. And the foul on Barry.

DarrinS
12-21-2016, 04:37 PM
meh

Cklbmk
12-21-2016, 04:47 PM

Seemed more like Simmons landed too close to hardens feet, harden couldnt come down straight started to fall kicking Simmons feet out making Simmons fall on him

Kawhitstorm
12-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Harden kicked out his leg just like WestBrick does when he jacks up a 3 **hoping** to draw a foul.:lol

GSH
12-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Seemed more like Simmons landed too close to hardens feet, harden couldnt come down straight started to fall kicking Simmons feet out making Simmons fall on him

Close. Harden goes up with his feet square. On the way down, he twists and kicks out his left foot to hook Simmons. You can even see that his right foot comes down way outside the 3P line - it's just the extended left leg that Simmons gets tangled with. But, yeah, there's another angle where you can see that Harden made sure to hook Simmons' legs on the way down, to make sure he fell.

Harden is a tricky bastard, and the refs give him way too much. But imagine the screaming if Simmons hadn't contested that shot hard, and it had gone in.

http://i65.tinypic.com/23kf3tg.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ccxh5w.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/4vs7wh.jpg

FromWayDowntown
12-21-2016, 05:19 PM
League says correct no call:

Simmons (SAS) gives Harden (HOU) room to land following the jump shot attempt. Harden extends his leg and the contact is incidental.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/12/L2M-SAS-HOU-12-20-16.pdf

It also says that Kawhi was fouled by Harden on his drive at around 33 seconds. And that the officials missed both a travel on KL and a 3-second violation on LMA during the possession leading to Patty's game winner.

12-21-2016, 05:37 PM

Darius Bieber
12-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Eh, it's refreshing to see Spurrefs sometimes. We don't get it much, so enjoy it.

spurs10
12-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Close. Harden goes up with his feet square. On the way down, he twists and kicks out his left foot to hook Simmons. You can even see that his right foot comes down way outside the 3P line - it's just the extended left leg that Simmons gets tangled with. But, yeah, there's another angle where you can see that Harden made sure to hook Simmons' legs on the way down, to make sure he fell.

Harden is a tricky bastard, and the refs give him way too much. But imagine the screaming if Simmons hadn't contested that shot hard, and it had gone in.

http://i65.tinypic.com/23kf3tg.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ccxh5w.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/4vs7wh.jpg "If an offensive player with the ball can draw his defender into the air towards him (for example, on a pump fake), and he creates contact with the defender during his shooting motion, it is a shooting foul. However, if the defender is vertical (jumping straight up and down) or going to completely miss the offensive player (e.g., jumping to his side), and the offensive player seeks out contact with the airborne defender, it is an offensive foul if the contact is more than marginal (that is, minimal contact will not be called)."

It looks to me that Harden came down with his left leg initiating the contact. It's his go to move.

DeRozan m8
12-21-2016, 07:17 PM

He fell because Harden flopped on the ground like a moron and caught Simmons in the act.

Was late AF and staged.

Get ya 'have a clue' glasses on tbh

lefty20
12-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Refs are well trained to swallow it in the end.

Vokun
12-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Refs are well trained to swallow it in the end.

:wow

spurs10
12-21-2016, 07:36 PM

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/12/L2M-SAS-HOU-12-20-16.pdf

It also says that Kawhi was fouled by Harden on his drive at around 33 seconds. And that the officials missed both a travel on KL and a 3-second violation on LMA during the possession leading to Patty's game winner. :toast

DeRozan m8
12-21-2016, 07:48 PM

It also says that Kawhi was fouled by Harden on his drive at around 33 seconds. And that the officials missed both a travel on KL and a 3-second violation on LMA during the possession leading to Patty's game winner.

Spurtacular failing again with his anger

Horse
12-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Fuck off that makes up for atleast 9 fts where he didn't get fouled.

Clipper Nation
12-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Op wanted Houston to win because he's a biga fan of Sam Decker and Ryan Anderson...tbh

james evans
12-21-2016, 08:56 PM
Agree, good refs aren't going to call that bullshit with 2 seconds to go.
shit, they gave him 9 fucking freethrows in three 3 point flops last night. They weren't gonna give him a 4th at that point in the game

spurs10
12-21-2016, 09:00 PM
shit, they gave him 9 fucking freethrows in three 3 point flops last night. They weren't gonna give him a 4th at that point in the gameAnd there is that! :toast

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Why don't you write a book about it ya little bitch.

Who's sock are you?

Spurtacular
12-21-2016, 10:12 PM

It was a flop; but Simmons came down in his space it appears. He could've been called. I never said it wasn't a good no call. My point was that it was not a smart play by Simmons.

Ice009
12-21-2016, 10:33 PM
I watched it numerous times after the game and there was absolutely no foul on the play. Now, I just read the NBA agreed, so yeah, not sure what the point of this thread was. I thought it was good defense from Simmons. If there was a foul called, then the official would have made the wrong call and should have been punished for it.

I also noticed the Kawhi possession, but I didn't think he traveled. I thought he kept his pivot foot. Has anyone gone back and watched it closely?

Laughing Gravy
12-21-2016, 11:26 PM
Beautiful! OP just got it in the BH.

Spur|n|Austin
12-21-2016, 11:29 PM
Harden was fishing for a call the entire play; he had no intention of actually trying to hit his shot. Refs noticed and let the play go.

thread.

Spurtacular
12-22-2016, 12:30 AM
I watched it numerous times after the game and there was absolutely no foul on the play. Now, I just read the NBA agreed, so yeah, not sure what the point of this thread was. I thought it was good defense from Simmons. If there was a foul called, then the official would have made the wrong call and should have been punished for it.

I also noticed the Kawhi possession, but I didn't think he traveled. I thought he kept his pivot foot. Has anyone gone back and watched it closely?

The NBA is not going to say that the refs should've made a border line call. I know you must not believe in shades of gray or something; but think, dude.

100%duncan
12-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Jimmer wouldn't have contested that shot because he would've been on the bench

spurs10
12-22-2016, 01:09 AM

I also noticed the Kawhi possession, but I didn't think he traveled. I thought he kept his pivot foot. Has anyone gone back and watched it closely? Watched it numerous times. It looked to me with :01 seconds Harden tried to get under Simmons after the shot. He seems to frequently try to initiate contact which is a shooting foul if he gets them in the air on a pump fake. He didn't have time for that and actually had to shoot. I thought it was good defense with Simmons making sure not to foul him while he was shooting. Didn't touch him and Harden had room to land if he came down straight.

Spurtacular
12-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Watched it numerous times. It looked to me with :01 seconds Harden tried to get under Simmons after the shot. He seems to frequently try to initiate contact which is a shooting foul if he gets them in the air on a pump fake. He didn't have time for that and actually had to shoot. I thought it was good defense with Simmons making sure not to foul him while he was shooting. Didn't touch him and Harden had room to land if he came down straight.

Harden kicks out the leg looking for a foul. But it's not like he can pull on Simmons with a closed off shoe. It's OBVIOUS that Simmons momentum carries him into Harden. Was it enough to have affected the shot? Probably good discretion by the ref to not call it. But all this BS that Simmons did nothing wrong is just outright homerism or bias against the notorious Harden.

GSH
12-22-2016, 04:13 AM
Harden kicks out the leg looking for a foul. But it's not like he can pull on Simmons with a closed off shoe. It's OBVIOUS that Simmons momentum carries him into Harden. Was it enough to have affected the shot? Probably good discretion by the ref to not call it. But all this BS that Simmons did nothing wrong is just outright homerism or bias against the notorious Harden.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/0/04/200x200px-ZC-04ff5deb_kobe-bryant-disbelief-o.gif

GSH
12-22-2016, 04:21 AM
The NBA is not going to say that the refs should've made a border line call. I know you must not believe in shades of gray or something; but think, dude.

https://tryingtofindmyselfon.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/kansasmelting.gif?w=676