PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Westbrook's Gimmick

DMC
12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Reminds me of the college team that kept throwing the ball to the one guy who scored over 100 in a game, just to break the record. Any team could have a guy who gets insane stats if that's how the team wanted to play. I get it though, they aren't going anywhere so WB is just saying "fuck the team" and in doing so is probably providing more media coverage than if he was a team player. I'm just tired of reading about how great he is when it's blatantly obvious it's a gimmick. That shit should be ignored.

hater
12-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the nba. Ever heard of Kobe Bryant?

DMC
12-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Welcome to the nba. Ever heard of Kobe Bryant?

Kobe has 5 rings. If Kobe did that kind of shit without a ring, after running off one of the best players in the game (2x actually), then yeah. Kobe did it in his twilight years, like only the last 15 or so.

apalisoc_9
12-21-2016, 11:14 PM
He just beat the Pelicans with a supporting cast that is offensively inferior to the Pelicans.

But hey, Gotta let's rag on him...

Obvipusly Wedtbrook statpads like crazy, but the saltiness is deliciious

hater
12-21-2016, 11:27 PM
Kobe has 5 rings. If Kobe did that kind of shit without a ring, after running off one of the best players in the game (2x actually), then yeah. Kobe did it in his twilight years, like only the last 15 or so.

Thats not on the players imo

Thats the difference between okahoma and LA

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Thats not on the players imo

Thats the difference between okahoma and LA

It is on the players. It's always on the ones doing it. Russ is a brand guy, trying to be wealthy and that's fine. I wish more NBA players had his tenacity and heart, but he's not as interesting in winning and the NBA version of "Leeeeerrrrroy Jaaannkinnns"

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:05 AM
He just beat the Pelicans with a supporting cast that is offensively inferior to the Pelicans.

Taste the balls too while you're down there.

Lol you didn't watch the game else you'd know the supporting cast is who put the wood to them while Russ was on the bench.

ElNono
12-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Reminds me of the college team that kept throwing the ball to the one guy who scored over 100 in a game, just to break the record. Any team could have a guy who gets insane stats if that's how the team wanted to play. I get it though, they aren't going anywhere so WB is just saying "fuck the team" and in doing so is probably providing more media coverage than if he was a team player. I'm just tired of reading about how great he is when it's blatantly obvious it's a gimmick. That shit should be ignored.

It's even worse in cases like Jalen Rose, who were actually opponents and were in on the con. Zero self-respect, tbh

rasuo214
12-22-2016, 04:44 AM
How many guys would average 30+ ppg with 24 FGAs per game? O/U 30? 40? 50? Averaging a Triple-Double is nice and all but if the Thunder don't make the playoffs he'll just be another Cousins/Davis.

Killakobe81
12-22-2016, 08:18 AM

Yep. Shameless Stat padding but what can they do about it? He stayed Durant left ...so Russ could sleep with the owner's wife if he wanted okc can't say shit to Russ to right now ...

And yes some of these posters in this thread are salty ...

lefty
12-22-2016, 09:01 AM
So much salt ....

https://media.giphy.com/media/PjpEeI11T7qSI/giphy.gif

Spurs9
12-22-2016, 09:18 AM
He really is a gimmick now, hes gone after this year tbh. He manipulates the stat line every night so he gets his and is not "percieved" as the problem on the Mediocore team in the media. He will usually always try to take the last shot and in the past few game winning attempts has been failing.

hater
12-22-2016, 09:40 AM
It is on the players. It's always on the ones doing it. Russ is a brand guy, trying to be wealthy and that's fine. I wish more NBA players had his tenacity and heart, but he's not as interesting in winning and the NBA version of "Leeeeerrrrroy Jaaannkinnns"

Was kobe interested in winning when they were sucking in 06 and he was stat padding?

Then came the gift of Gasol. That had nothing to do with Kobe.

Wait till Westchuck gets a Gasol and then lets see. But he probably wont if he stays in OKC.

Also props to him for not going ring chasing like the other faggots such as Leroids, Bosh, Durant, etc

hater
12-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Let me get this straight. So if Westchimp runs to the Grizzlies next season and starts winning then the crybabies here will stop bitching on him??? :lmao

Cry Havoc
12-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Yep. Shameless Stat padding but what can they do about it? He stayed Durant left ...so Russ could sleep with the owner's wife if he wanted okc can't say shit to Russ to right now ...

And yes some of these posters in this thread are salty ...

He had another top 5 player on the team and a top 10-15 player sitting on the bench. They had a top 5 defender in the league also.

They made the Finals once and got blasted.

So yeah, people are salty that he's being proclaimed as a phenomenal, unstoppable player when the playoffs have shown him to be anything but that.

He might be the worst "superstar" in the clutch I have ever seen. Kobe was a predictable ballhog in crunch time but I was at least a little worried about him. I WANT Russ to have the ball in crunch time. I actively want it to be in his hands. That is how terrible he is.

Also, you guys think Parker's career fell off? Wait until you see Russ. Dude is going to crater as soon as he hits ~31.

Clipper Nation
12-22-2016, 02:04 PM
He might be the worst "superstar" in the clutch I have ever seen. Kobe was a predictable ballhog in crunch time but I was at least a little worried about him. I WANT Russ to have the ball in crunch time. I actively want it to be in his hands. That is how terrible he is.

:lol He's currently leading the league in clutch points by a wide margin:

http://www.nbaminer.com/clutch-time-stats/

The Thunder are +51 in clutch time with Westbrook on the floor:

http://www.82games.com/1617/16OKC1.HTM#clutch

Face it, you're just a Westbrook hater and a Durbeta/Warriors apologist. You always have been. You're too blind to see how alpha he is.

lefty
12-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Face it, you're just a Westbrook hater and a Durbeta/Warriors apologist. You always have been. You're too blind to see how alpha he is.
:worthy: Alphabrook

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 02:17 PM
He was absolutely horrific against the Duds, that Gimmick isn't going to work against elite teams (Duds/Cavs/Spurs) in the playoffs.:lol

lefty
12-22-2016, 03:11 PM
He was absolutely horrific against the Duds, that Gimmick isn't going to work against elite teams (Duds/Cavs/Spurs) in the playoffs.:lol
At least he tried against GSW, unlike Durbeta :lol

Cry Havoc
12-22-2016, 03:17 PM

So impressive, all those "clutch" regular season points. :lol

He'll never ring. Ever. He shits the bed in the playoffs worse than any superstar in history.

Clipper Nation
12-22-2016, 03:23 PM
So impressive, all those "clutch" regular season points. :lol

He'll never ring. Ever. He shits the bed in the playoffs worse than any superstar in history.

He outscored Durbeta in the clutch, 19-13, in last year's playoffs, faggot :lol

http://www.nbaminer.com/nbaminer_nbaminer/clutch_player_stats.php?partitionpage=2&partition2page=2

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 03:25 PM

9cfxI_nXtHY

Clipper Nation
12-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Also, even if he did "shit the bed" in the playoffs, he wouldn't even be the biggest bed-shitter among current NBA point guards, let alone history.

Get back to me when Choke Paul leads his team past Round 2 instead of playing hot potato with the ball, getting destroyed on defense by any decent point guard he faces, and letting Blake take all the blame.

Get back to me when Tony Porker isn't the second-biggest postseason choke artist of all time statistically.

Get back to me when Steph Curry shows up in the Finals instead of being carried by historically stacked teams.

Kawhitstorm
12-22-2016, 03:26 PM
He outscored Durbeta in the clutch, 19-13, in last year's playoffs, faggot :lol

They BOTH choked, this is like arguing about who is the tallest midget.:lol

Cry Havoc
12-22-2016, 03:48 PM
They BOTH choked, this is like arguing about who is the tallest midget.:lol

:lol

oh crap
12-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Hardly ever agree with CN but he's raping them haters in here

DMC
12-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Was kobe interested in winning when they were sucking in 06 and he was stat padding?

No, but we all acknowledged it when it was Kobe plus Kobe is retired so, imo, out of the conversation.

Then came the gift of Gasol. That had nothing to do with Kobe.

We know Gasol was great but he can't carry a team. He wasn't remotely as good as KD.

Wait till Westchuck gets a Gasol and then lets see. But he probably wont if he stays in OKC.

He had Kevin Durant and James Harden.

Also props to him for not going ring chasing like the other faggots such as Leroids, Bosh, Durant, etc

He's certainly not ring chasing, just stat chasing. He's more interested in his brand than rings. Bodes well for OKC.

DMC
12-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Also, even if he did "shit the bed" in the playoffs, he wouldn't even be the biggest bed-shitter among current NBA point guards, let alone history.

Get back to me when Choke Paul leads his team past Round 2 instead of playing hot potato with the ball, getting destroyed on defense by any decent point guard he faces, and letting Blake take all the blame.

Get back to me when Tony Porker isn't the second-biggest postseason choke artist of all time statistically.

Get back to me when Steph Curry shows up in the Finals instead of being carried by historically stacked teams.

So nothing you said had anything to do with Westbrook.

Cry Havoc
12-22-2016, 05:41 PM
So nothing you said had anything to do with Westbrook.

They're already moving the goalposts and preparing for the perpetual reality that is a Rangless Westbrook. Gotta get them deflections up.

lefty
12-22-2016, 05:47 PM
:lol imagine Porker with that OKC roster

12-22-2016, 06:51 PM
:lol imagine Porker with that OKC rosterprime Parker takes that team to the WCF at least

Clipper Nation
12-22-2016, 07:00 PM
:lol imagine Porker with that OKC roster

They would literally be worse than the Sixers. Even with "prime," "head of the snake" "MVParker" instead of modern-day LVPorker.

Sheriff Hoyt
12-22-2016, 07:27 PM
Pretty obvious Westbrook is a stat padder when his bigs stay out of his way when goes up for rebounds.

JohnnyMax
12-22-2016, 07:30 PM
The Thunder are currently last in the league in passes per game

http://stats.nba.com/teams/passing/#!?sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

lefty
12-22-2016, 08:31 PM
prime Parker takes that team to the WCF at least

:lmao

spursistan
12-22-2016, 08:38 PM
prime Parker takes that team to the WCF at least
https://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll.gif?_ga=1.211700112.400257316.1482457055

Mnky
12-22-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah, there's definitely saltiness going around. By the same people who have always thought he wasn't good. :lol
It would be nice for okc to become competitive again. The guy can be fun to watch. His brand of play is much more exciting than curry in my opinion, would be good for him to go deep in the playoffs for the league.

Spurtacular
12-23-2016, 12:01 AM

Heard an ESPN pundit say that OKC went on w/o missing a beat since Durant left b/c Westbrook. What? They're a damn near .500 team now.

Kawhitstorm
12-23-2016, 03:02 AM
prime Parker takes that team to the KFC at least

FIFY

spurraider21
12-23-2016, 04:54 AM

Face it, you're just a Westbrook hater and a Durbeta/Warriors apologist. You always have been. You're too blind to see how alpha he is.typical kirbystan buying the "killer instinct" narrative like the casual fan you are...

lefty
12-23-2016, 08:43 AM
FIFY
:lol

Clipper Nation
12-23-2016, 08:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwprPuvbsV4

Clutchbrook :worthy:

lefty
12-23-2016, 08:55 AM
:cry GOAT

Seventyniner
12-23-2016, 07:28 PM
The Thunder are currently last in the league in passes per game

http://stats.nba.com/teams/passing/#!?sort=PASSES_MADE&dir=-1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

Damn, why do the Sixers pass the ball that much? Nobody is a threat to score so having a defender within 6 feet means you just pass? (Sixers are dead last in ORtg)

lefty
12-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Alpha

LittleCriminal
12-24-2016, 11:08 AM
Westbrook for Parker and Gasol!!

And that Laprovitta guy
Oh and Anderson too

lefty
12-24-2016, 12:17 PM
42 11 and 11 @ Boston and a clutch 3

Thread
12-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Christ, whenever Kobe tried this tact they threatened to hang him up next the lynched whites from the riots & Sterling.

The hue & cry was deafening. Now? Media just pleased as punch. Will guard Westbrook nite & day till the numbers come in 3 x 2. Afterward, after that story is bled dry they'll cross back over to their original seat of calling Westbrook everything but a black man.

Trainwreck2100
12-24-2016, 01:01 PM

cause durant already had his bags packed for oakland.