PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Pain of Every Legend In Their Twilight Years

hitmantb
12-21-2016, 11:06 PM
"And it would frustrate him if some young whipper-snapper would make a move on him or do something and look at him like, 'Yeah, I got you.' I wanted to run on the court [and say]: 'No, no, no. That wasn't Tim Duncan that you just did that to.' But the young kid would have the gall to act that way, and I know that frustrated the hell out of him." - Popovich

Seriously, it is perfectly OK to get dunked on by Anthony Davis and Blake Griffin's of the world. It is another story to get abused by Steven Adams & Ibaka's. After his second knee went out, I just couldn't bear to watch him get abused by scrubs. One of the last plays of his careers, he was blocked and fell to the floor. A few minutes later he pointed one finger at the sky, I knew it was the end.

Most legends suffer similar fate at the end, Duncan at least went out on a 67-wins team. It wasn't quite the David Robinson story book ending (mostly because Duncan himself chose to not accept 2014 title as his final chapter), but it was still great.

DMC
12-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Ibaka's should be Ibakas, as it's plural, not possessive.

Sean Cagney
12-22-2016, 01:05 AM
I knew when he walked off the court after saying his goodbyes to the other players on OKC smiling (He never did that after a series loss, he usually looked very down) and then pointed at the sky with the finger up that was it....... Damn.

Arcadian
12-22-2016, 03:37 AM
He's rightly implying that Prime Duncan would fucking destroy these kids.

Down Under
12-22-2016, 08:39 PM
It just sucks that it happened that quick. He was rolling until the all star break, put up the best numbers of any big man in the league in the playoffs the year before, then obviously got tendinosis or something similar in the other knee midseason and was totally crippled. Fuckin sucks.